PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Liton Das - The Bangladeshi superstar

Debut boy batting really well..

Showing aggression, has solid defense, looking positive and good looking too
    Last edited by #GreenRoars; 14th June 2015 at 14:31.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Done..

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Bhopal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there not a limit to the number of threads a poster can create in one day ? I see like 5 new threads from op every day.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why is he batting at number 7 position when he is a top order batsman averaging 50 + in domestic ? I am unable to understand it . Anybody ??

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm so sick of these "X the next superstar" etc etc.

These threads deserve to be chopped.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acricketfan View Post
    Is there not a limit to the number of threads a poster can create in one day ? I see like 5 new threads from op every day.
    You have the option of ignoring them, right?

On topic, definitely a very impressive young talent. Lpoks to be a very good playrr of spin. Has a dolid defence, very good technique and a calm temparament. Very good early signs.

As I write this, he's out

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I'm so sick of these "X the next superstar" etc etc.

These threads deserve to be chopped.
    But they're so much fun when they backfire, which is usually always.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    worked

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^^^

Yep, because it's made a huge difference to the match result

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    You have the option of ignoring them, right?

On topic, definitely a very impressive young talent. Lpoks to be a very good playrr of spin. Has a dolid defence, very good technique and a calm temparament. Very good early signs.

As I write this, he's out
    good player of spin! LOL !

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^^^

Yep, because it's made a huge difference to the match result
    Yeah we are missing Binny,otherwise we still could have won

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Yeah we are missing Binny,otherwise we still could have won
    Yeah, he definitely would've stopped the monsoon by covering the stadium.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BD for sure will become an ODI beast due to talent. But in test Cricket they are really bad.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Litton Das is DAMN GOOD against spin.

Knows when to charge and when to defend.

Serious talent atleast for Bangladesh pitches.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is a reason for him having average of 54 in domestic cricket with 9 hundreds at FC level while he is only 20
    And averaging 41 plus in list A as well
    I think no player of Bangladesh in past had such a domestic record when he debuted

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he definitely would've stopped the monsoon by covering the stadium.
    Biny needs just 15 overs to take 20 Bangla wickets

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    There is a reason for him having average of 54 in domestic cricket with 9 hundreds at FC level while he is only 20
    I think no player of Bangladesh in past had such a domestic record when he debuted
    I think Anamul had good stats as well. Plus had scored a lot of runs in U-19 level but had a poor technique but with the special talent he is and with constant improvement he can be better.

As for Liton he looks like a complete batsman, atleast against Spin. Special talent. Not often do you see a youngster debut and think - "he looks like a complete batsman". The only batsman who was labelled like that was Ashraful though and he had talent but poor work ethic and mentally fragile.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those List A stats don't mention the SR excellent as well as they don't tell you how tough runs have been on the matches he played.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damnn saw Litton batting and there is some serious talent about the kid. BD have some really good young batsmen coming thru especially in ODIs. I'm happy that BD are very competitive in ODIs. But they have a lot of work to do in tests but hopefully over time they will improve. Besides people rip into BD's performance in test cricket but the truth is they only play on average abt 3 tests a year so how they gonna improve with such little cricket being played? This year is probably the first time in a very long time where they are going to play 4 series in one year.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What I saw was a batsman who didn't seemed overpowered by the occasion. His body language never betrayed the nervousness of a 20 year old making his debut. Look solid both against the pace of Umesh Yadav and the spin of Ashwin. But its too early to say what will happen in future. But surely it would be better for Bangladesh if he takes over as full time wicketkeeper for them replacing Mushfiqur. Mushfiqur should be relieved of both captaincy and wicket keeping and asked to concentrate on his batting.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Litton Das is DAMN GOOD against spin.

Knows when to charge and when to defend.

Serious talent atleast for Bangladesh pitches.
    Nah, i would say he is decent. He is damn good for ODI though.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another decent player is being hyped unnecessarily.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope he doesn't have "lipton di chah".

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe root was comfortably better than Liton in his debut match. He was 21 then. Liton look decent but people are hyping him as if he is the next devillers or Amla/kohli.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do they have a hierarchy of stardom in Bangladesh? I find that Bangladeshi cricketers get hailed as superstars without becoming a starlet first.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one is hyping Liton Das except some of the few Indians here.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    Do they have a hierarchy of stardom in Bangladesh? I find that Bangladeshi cricketers get hailed as superstars without becoming a starlet first.
    I think that is more common with Pakistani cricketers. They get hailed as the next big thing even before debut. "Babar Azam future ATG" and similar threads are common on this website if I correctly remember.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    good player of spin! LOL !
    Did you even watch him bat or just saying that because he got out to spin?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energetic View Post
    BD for sure will become an ODI beast due to talent. But in test Cricket they are really bad.
    They are bad in both Dont deserve test status
    They are a disgrace to test cricket

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I think that is more common with Pakistani cricketers. They get hailed as the next big thing even before debut. "Babar Azam future ATG" and similar threads are common on this website if I correctly remember.
    Well most of our bowlers are actually talented and they are not oberrated like Bangladeshi players who cant do anything agaonst big teams

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khizr96 View Post
    Well most of our bowlers are actually talented and they are not oberrated like Bangladeshi players who cant do anything agaonst big teams
    Easy buddy, just cause its a Pakistani cricket forum it doesnt mean others cant see whats you intention is or others cant see what your doing.
    Is there anything else you do other than bash BD given any chance? are we still hurt from the 3 nil thumping? to say they are bad in both is utter sad mate. BD has improved in ODI's check the stats, stats dont lie!

And plz try keeping your blind hate to yourself.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Litton Das is the next Sachin Tendulkar. Mark my words. He is young and will supersede Sachin as he plays according to the situation rather than for records. You heard it here first. NEXT BIG THING. BD WILL BE TOP 3 RANKED TEST AND ODI TEAM BY THE END OF THE YEAR!

Aanay do!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    Easy buddy, just cause its a Pakistani cricket forum it doesnt mean others cant see whats you intention is or others cant see what your doing.
    Is there anything else you do other than bash BD given any chance? are we still hurt from the 3 nil thumping? to say they are bad in both is utter sad mate. BD has improved in ODI's check the stats, stats dont lie!

And plz try keeping your blind hate to yourself.
    Yup they are good in ODI should be stripped off test status or Ireland should be given test status as well

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by as-95 View Post
    Litton Das is the next Sachin Tendulkar. Mark my words. He is young and will supersede Sachin as he plays according to the situation rather than for records. You heard it here first. NEXT BIG THING. BD WILL BE TOP 3 RANKED TEST AND ODI TEAM BY THE END OF THE YEAR!
    Stopped reading after "BD WILL BE TOP 3 RANKED TEST"

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I can imagine little Bengali street kids attempting to make their hairstyle like this.

Name:  Cool litton.jpg
Views: 4924
Size:  73.2 KB

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khizr96 View Post
    Yup they are good in ODI should be stripped off test status or Ireland should be given test status as well
    let ireland worry about their test status.For limited mentality people like you which is present in other country,ireland isnt getting test status.
    Last edited by BDwarriors; 15th June 2015 at 03:10.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Stopped reading after "BD WILL BE TOP 3 RANKED TEST"
    Don't lie.You have surely read the whole post if you went that far

But man you do have some patience.Most people stopped reading after the first line

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think Anamul had good stats as well. Plus had scored a lot of runs in U-19 level but had a poor technique but with the special talent he is and with constant improvement he can be better.

As for Liton he looks like a complete batsman, atleast against Spin. Special talent. Not often do you see a youngster debut and think - "he looks like a complete batsman". The only batsman who was labelled like that was Ashraful though and he had talent but poor work ethic and mentally fragile.
    I disagree totally with your comparisons . Anamul haq never had 13 centuries in domestic cricket at age of 20 . Neither did he have average of 53 in FC cricket at age of 20 . Although he is a good player and with minor adjustments technical aswell as well he can comeback and succeed in international level .
    Similarly ashraful was only 16 when he came in bd international team he too did not have such stats .
    Nobody can answered me about one important point that he litton mostly opens or bats in top 4 positions mostly top 3 . Then why was he sent at number 7 to bat ? It's unbelievable on part of BD management . It is not the way to treat a youngster or anybody fir that matter .

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    Those List A stats don't mention the SR excellent as well as they don't tell you how tough runs have been on the matches he played.
    I seriously believe that at this age with such numbers , if he remains healthy , disciplined , down to earth hardworker then there is no reason why he can't be mainstay of there batting in test and Odi cricket in years ahead . But he has to put in hard yards further . His Attitude would hold the key .

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you guys that Liton is the real deal. Probably the best young batsman in the world right now. With his talent, attitude and good looks he can be Bangladesh's Virat Kohli. I can see corporations lining up to sign him up. He is the total package.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Chennai, Tamilnadu
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Litton looks like a very promising talent. Played the spinners pretty well and has got a pretty good technique.

Influx of such talents will surely make BD a force to reckon with even in test arena (at home for the starters) sooner rather than later.

Baali Soda - INFJ-T

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    I told you guys that Liton is the real deal. Probably the best young batsman in the world right now. With his talent, attitude and good looks he can be Bangladesh's Virat Kohli. I can see corporations lining up to sign him up. He is the total package.
    Good looks? That's subjective, but if that's the way you swing..

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I disagree totally with your comparisons . Anamul haq never had 13 centuries in domestic cricket at age of 20 . Neither did he have average of 53 in FC cricket at age of 20 . Although he is a good player and with minor adjustments technical aswell as well he can comeback and succeed in international level .
    Similarly ashraful was only 16 when he came in bd international team he too did not have such stats .
    Nobody can answered me about one important point that he litton mostly opens or bats in top 4 positions mostly top 3 . Then why was he sent at number 7 to bat ? It's unbelievable on part of BD management . It is not the way to treat a youngster or anybody fir that matter .
    And he still managed to adapt to the new position rather than whining like some other players. That is what great batsmen do.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Who was the first?

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Best young batsman in the workd without even hitting an international 50? Why not wait for him to do well for at least 6-8 months before reaching such conclusions.

He's a very good talent right now and gave glimpses of that on his debut knock but tougher tests await.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have stopped rating bangladeshi batsman after what happened to Asraful. When he scored hundred against the likes of Mcgrath and gillespie, i thought he was gem of a cricketer. Unfortunately he wasn't.

Talking about litton, he certainly has guts, but i will wait for 4-5 more matches to termed him as 'super-star'

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    And he still managed to adapt to the new position rather than whining like some other players. That is what great batsmen do.
    this

Even Bhogle said, instead of complaining about the situation you are in, you have to play well and you need to cherish the situation. That is what was so special about the likes of Mushfiq. On the other hand didn't like Riad because he wanted to bat only in his desired position and played only in a particular gear.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better than most of the Pak players.. I can assure you that.
    PAK must be Lucky that Litton Kumar not played against them.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better than most of the current Pak players.. I can assure you that.
    PAK must be Lucky that Litton Kumar not played against them.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya I agree. Credit goes to Liton for making a good looking 45 in his debut innings in an unusual position

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    Good looks? That's subjective, but if that's the way you swing..
    Dios always troll regarding Bangladesh.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next ashraful in the wings.mominul looks the real deal.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With little luck he could be a good batsman

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    this

Even Bhogle said, instead of complaining about the situation you are in, you have to play well and you need to cherish the situation. That is what was so special about the likes of Mushfiq. On the other hand didn't like Riad because he wanted to bat only in his desired position and played only in a particular gear.
    Those whined never succeeded Kamran, Razzaq, Kapugedara(worst batsmen ever to play 90+ odis)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored 44 runs and got more than 50 replies .....

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw him bat yesterday, have to say - Wow.
    Really looks great both against medium pace and spin. He looks so confident for a new comer.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's about time he retires. He doesn't have it in him. Some are born with natural talent like Sarkar and some are domestic bully like Shuvagoto and Liton.

There is a difference in class, and this kid already got bowled twice, once to a hack Patel. 5 matches and bowled twice, makes him look like a tailender, Sarkar's stumps are untouched.

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    It's about time he retires. He doesn't have it in him. Some are born with natural talent like Sarkar and some are domestic bully like Shuvagoto and Liton.

There is a difference in class, and this kid already got bowled twice, once to a hack Patel. 5 matches and bowled twice, makes him look like a tailender, Sarkar's stumps are untouched.
    There have been some great players in the history of the game who have failed in there first few matches and then they became world beaters later. He has shown enough quality in his first test as a batsman . He should be persisted with . Also for a new comer he had to deal with lots of batting order shufflings . He was sent at different positions to bat .
    His batting style , shots , skill set have no comparison with Ashraful . He getting bowled is just nerves and fear of getting dropped . Management should give him confidence that you will play the next 5 games and will bat at this fixed position , go play confidently express yourself . Bangladesh , India , Pakistan should treat Litton Das , Sanju Samson , Babar Azam like the way Australia , New Zealand and South Africa treated Steve Smith , Kane Williamson , Hashim Amla & Ab Develliers . Do not shake & dent their confidence by dropping them at a young age . Persist with them , give them confidence . They will come good .

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Ashraful_Rox
    My mistake of Ashraful thing

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Casablanca
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel he will rise in the last ODI against RSA.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Unfair to compare anyone with Soumya

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Talented but clearly not ready.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just 2-3 failures for a youngster & people want him to retire

I can agree about dropping him for 1-2 series and selecting him after few months when he gets more mature, but to label him "domestic bully" is too much

Looking at Litton Das bat, I don't see any technical deficiencies in his batting and he plays some good looking shots. He needs to improve his temperament and not try to become a hero by going for too many shots

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LoL this is the reason why we will never produce a world class batsman. We have someone with potential to be a world class batsman and after a few string of failures he is to be discarded? He looks solid. Soumya is good but will struggle against the best of the business whereas Litton has the potential to be the perfect no. 3 for us should he be able to finally make a move on.

What if I told you Soumya himself has struggled a lot to get runs under his belt. His first 50 came after 6 matches but from there on he blossomed

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soumya is the best opener in the world. He is better than Warner, Hafeez, Dhawan
    He bats like Hayden, i can watch him batting all day... what a talent.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has barely played few games. Let him play 30-40 ODIs.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LoL this is the reason why we will never produce a world class batsman. We have someone with potential to be a world class batsman and after a few string of failures he is to be discarded? He looks solid. Soumya is good but will struggle against the best of the business whereas Litton has the potential to be the perfect no. 3 for us should he be able to finally make a move on.

What if I told you Soumya himself has struggled a lot to get runs under his belt. His first 50 came after 6 matches but from there on he blossomed
    Seems like BD fans are like PAK fans in this regard.

- Cry the whole year to kick out seniors, bring in youngsters
    - Youngster fails in 2-3 innings, start crying again to kick him out

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Seems like BD fans are like PAK fans in this regard.

- Cry the whole year to kick out seniors, bring in youngsters
    - Youngster fails in 2-3 innings, start crying again to kick him out
    Its more of a subcontinental thing than anything. Too much obsession with youngsta beauties

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem I see with him is he doesn't have an off-side game

BTW Riley Roussouw had 5 ducks in his first 10 games, look at him now

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last chance for this FTB. Anything less than a century his career will end

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Los Alamos, New Mexico
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Litton is not ordinary. If my cricket-knowledge about batting dont betray me, I see solid technique in LKD's batting. Surely he's a on-side dominated player, but I think a player with his technique and timing, he must have a decent off-side batting skill. I mean how often do you see a batsman with very good basics without either of offside or on-side deficiency? IMHO he's just nervous for being exposed to the highest level of cricket and once his nerve settles he'll open up more. I myself also thought of him as an FTB like Shubhagoto Hom, but after watching the last innings he played against the saffers, I'm convinced of his quality. Yea he played a short-lived innings with a very amature-ish and ugly dismissal, but in this short time, notice the six he hooked using the 140+ pace of the bowler, he just timed it and used the pace of the bowler to take the ball over-boundary...the flying flick of the wrist 4 which almost reached the rope...I mean a player with such delicate touch must be a raw talent. Not to mention his copy-book defense. His quality was obvious from his short innings...just needs to settle down and slowly open his Pandora's box. I hope he fulfills his potential talent and become a world-class batsman unlike Ashraful, Alok Kapali, Al-Shahriar Rokon, Aftab Ahmed etc. All of them I mentioned had the talent bat wasted to oblivion. I just hope LKD turns out the other way.

Time to choose...Dr. Freeman..

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    His debut innings in test cricket was very impressive.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    There have been some great players in the history of the game who have failed in there first few matches and then they became world beaters later. He has shown enough quality in his first test as a batsman . He should be persisted with . Also for a new comer he had to deal with lots of batting order shufflings . He was sent at different positions to bat .
    His batting style , shots , skill set have no comparison with Ashraful . He getting bowled is just nerves and fear of getting dropped . Management should give him confidence that you will play the next 5 games and will bat at this fixed position , go play confidently express yourself . Bangladesh , India , Pakistan should treat Litton Das , Sanju Samson , Babar Azam like the way Australia , New Zealand and South Africa treated Steve Smith , Kane Williamson , Hashim Amla & Ab Develliers . Do not shake & dent their confidence by dropping them at a young age . Persist with them , give them confidence . They will come good .
    Actually he has played all 5 games at the same position.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    I have stopped rating bangladeshi batsman after what happened to Asraful. When he scored hundred against the likes of Mcgrath and gillespie, i thought he was gem of a cricketer. Unfortunately he wasn't.

Talking about litton, he certainly has guts, but i will wait for 4-5 more matches to termed him as 'super-star'
    4-5 matches are too less numbers to judge a player super star. Need to play consistently well for at least 2 years.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD dont play a lot of oDIs,and we also cant afford giving 10 matches to a player to set in team. Tamim is harming a lot already. Thank God ashraful gone for full and final.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has potential, but hasn't looked anything close to the 2nd coming of Bradman the Bangladeshi posters hyped him up to be

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Liton Das a better Prospect than what Virat Kohli was?

This is a question that has been on my mind since the Bangladesh series vs India, Pakistan and SA. Liton Das seems to have better technique and a superior thinking cricket head than virat. Plus he doesnt give into "rush-of-blood" strokes. Seems to handle pressure better compared to when Virat had started out. Thoughts?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Liton Das lacks off side game.
    Last edited by MenInG; 1st March 2020 at 14:10.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adarsh_bang View Post
    Hahahhah... some of the threads..
    Rush of blood, and Virat Kohli
    face palm and fans of Virat Kohli will go hand in hand..............wait till November and Shehzad and Umar Akmal will show who the real talents of world cricket are

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Peshawer, KP
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh God! Its getting worse just as when we are dealing with the other silly comparison thread, this one pops up, seriously Bangalis you should grow up FGS!

On topic Liton Das > Virat Kohli + Steve Smith + Kane Williamson + Joe Root
    Happy now?