Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Ramiz Raja elected as the 36th Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board

Former Pakistan captain and 1992 World Cup winner, Mr Ramiz Raja, was elected unanimously and unopposed as the Pakistan Cricket Board’s 36th Chairman for a three-year term in a Special Meeting presided over by the PCB Election Commissioner, Mr Justice (retd) Sheikh Azmat Saeed.

Mr Ramiz Raja, along with Mr Asad Ali Khan, was nominated by the PCB Patron, Prime Minister Imran Khan, on the PCB Board of Governors on 27 August for a three-year term, where they joined Mr Aasim Wajid Jawad, Ms Alia Zafar, Mr Arif Saeed, Mr Javed Kurieshi (all independent members) and Mr Wasim Khan (PCB Chief Executive).

Mr Ramiz Raja is Pakistan’s 18th Test and 12th ODI captain, and played 255 international matches in which he scored 8,674 runs in the period from 1984 to 1997. He has previously served the PCB as its Chief Executive from 2003-2004, has represented Pakistan on the ICC Chief Executives’ Committee and presently sits on the MCC World Cricket Committee. He has been a successful broadcaster with world’s leading cricket networks and widely regarded as the voice of Pakistan cricket.

Mr Ramiz Raja is only the fourth former Pakistan international cricketer to head the PCB after Mr Abdul Hafeez Kardar (1972-1977), Mr Javed Burki (1994-1995) and Mr Ijaz Butt (2008-2011).

Addressing the BoG following his election, Mr Ramiz Raja said: “I am thankful to all of you for electing me as the PCB Chairman and look forward to working with you to ensure Pakistan cricket continues to thrive and grow stronger, both on and off-the-field.

“One of my key focuses will be to help introduce in the Pakistan men’s cricket team the same culture, mind-set, attitude and approach that once made Pakistan one of the most feared cricket playing nations. As an organisation, we all need to get behind the national team and provide them the desired assistance and support so that they can produce that brand of cricket, which the fans also expect from them each time they step on to the field of play.

“Obviously, as a former cricketer, my other priority will be to look into the welfare of our past and present cricketers. The game has and will always be about the cricketers and, as such, they deserve more recognition and respect from their parent institution.”

Name:  71f52cce-d5a2-43a1-b56d-51fe81499048.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  221.8 KBName:  01712157-6e83-4e43-a07e-8713cc9d6180.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  205.2 KBName:  ad97dfcb-348c-4a5c-ba2f-2db7824df6ed.jpg
Views: 1656
Size:  270.1 KBName:  36f24a19-1be0-4bc2-b593-5374321f71ec.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  157.7 KBName:  1a8f4e34-0440-42df-8413-11c252beed49.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  162.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th September 2021 at 18:10.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good appointment.

Hopefully India-Pakistan cricket can also resume under his watch, I believe he is well respected in India

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he keeps his personal grudges away from work and lets guys like M Yousuf continue in his role as batting coach in NCA as we have seen improvement in Fahim Ashraf after some work with Yousuf in his footwork while attempting pull etc.

Ramiz also talked about having guys like Rahul Dravid in U-19 hopefully he puts guys like Wasim , Shoaib , Malik and other modern players in charge of U-19 and lets some foreign coach do things in main team as players should be ready when selected for main team and foreign coach should just implement his strategies with main team.

Also he talked about drop in pitches, he should do that have Australian type pitch like in diamond ground Islamabad as its already bouncy and bit of aussie soil would do wonders and similarly have English pitches in Sialkot etc.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Good appointment.

Hopefully India-Pakistan cricket can also resume under his watch, I believe he is well respected in India
    The mean hurdle I believe in Pakistan India cricket is the Modi government.

Dont think there is much that Ramiz or Ganguly can do here.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A new spectacular era begins in Pakistan Cricket.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spectacularly bad era .... the BCCI pulls a blinder of stupidity, the PCB ups it

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mathew Hayden as coach and Vernon Philander as bowling coach for World T20. Major announcement from Ramiz

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja on Monday became the new chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) after being elected "unanimously and unopposed", according to a press release issued by the board.

A special meeting of the PCB's Board of Governors was held at the National High Performance Centre in Lahore to elect the cricketing body's 36th chairman.

Retired Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed conducted the election and presided over the special meeting.

“I am thankful to all of you for electing me as the PCB chairman and look forward to working with you to ensure Pakistan cricket continues to thrive and grow stronger, both on and off-the-field," Raja was quoted as telling the other board members in a PCB press release.

“One of my key focuses will be to help introduce in the Pakistan men’s cricket team the same culture, mindset, attitude and approach that once made Pakistan one of the most feared cricket playing nations.

As an organisation, we all need to get behind the national team and provide them the desired assistance and support so that they can produce that brand of cricket, which the fans also expect from them each time they step on to the field of play.

“Obviously, as a former cricketer, my other priority will be to look into the welfare of our past and present cricketers. The game has and will always be about the cricketers and, as such, they deserve more recognition and respect from their parent institution.”

'Direction needs to be reset'
    In his inaugural press conference as the PCB chairman in Lahore, Raja heaped praise on former head coach Misbahul Haq and bowling coach Waqar Younis for "working hard with honesty". The duo had left their jobs abruptly and unceremoniously last week.

The new chairman emphasised and reiterated at multiple points in the press conference that "a complete overhaul" of the system was required on multiple tiers.

"I always thought that if I got the chance [to serve] at this position then I would reset the vision a bit. I think cricket's compass and direction need to be reset. There are some long term and some short term goals," he said.

He lamented the state of domestic cricket at club and school levels, vowing to promote both during his tenure.

Regarding the state of the Pakistan cricket team, he said he had held talks with its members and acknowledged that it had "an unpredictable element" that made it more attractive. However, he stressed, that unless there was "a describable model, there will be confusion and there won't be job clarity so you will keep wandering in the dark".

"My wishes are that Pakistan suddenly turns on a switch and becomes the world's most attractive team but until skills are improved [and] techniques are corrected, then wishes will remain wishes," he warned.

"So we have to talk about aggressively surpassing our challenges by improving our technique and following our DNA. This is the entire story of the Pakistan team and for all lower-level cricket," he said.

The new chairman also had three major announcements:

An increase of Rs100,000 in monthly salaries of the 192 contracted first class players

Signing Matthew Hayden and Vernon Philander as coaches for the Pakistan team for the T20 World Cup

Planning an U19 T20 World League next year

Raja said an increase in salaries of female cricket players would also be looked at as well.

Raja said he would prefer to avoid the limelight and that ideally "the chairman is projected less and the team and captain are projected more."

"I want the team to do so well that its performances get highlighted," he said.

Raja replaces Ehsan Mani, who completed his three-year tenure last month.

Ramiz and Asad Ali Khan were the two nominees of PCB’s patron-in-chief Prime Minister Imran Khan.

When he was in the opposition, PM Imran was against the policy of the PCB chairman being a prime minister's nominee. However, he nominated Mani as the chairman, and followed the same policy this time round by picking Asad and Ramiz.

Interestingly, Asad was also nominated last time along with Mani.

Dawn

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Ramiz on the appointment. Hopefully he can deliver well during his tenure.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if he can just fix , club cricket and under age cricket , it will go a long way to fixing Pakistan cricket

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Can't say I was ever a fan of Ramiz as a commentator, but this job will be more about organising and setting up infrastructure. I'm prepared to see if he has any skills along those lines.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this appointment is a good one and works in favour of Pakistan Cricket. Regardless of how bad he became or was at commentary.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of his commentary but have to say I was very impressed with his interview. A very level head and knows what changes he wants to bring and is aware it will not be easy

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally a great news about Pakistan cricket, very very happy with Ramiz's appointment . Him and Waseem Khan will make a great team .

Here is why Ramiz was a great candidate for the job.

1-Ex Pakistan test and ODI captain

2-MBA from Punjab University, probably the best MBA department in the country , definitely was in those days .

3-Has been active and closely watching world cricket with some great observer and expert of the game .

4- Played in the golden era of Pakistan cricket , knows what it takes to make Pakistan team great again.

Lots of expectation , hope he will not disappoint us.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im not too hopeful. Ramiz comes across as emotional, will change his tune reguarly. He is also a 'jobs for the boys' kind of guy imo.

I hope Im wrong, Ramiz can fix the issues, lets see.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His speech sounded more like a eulogy to IK than anything else.

He stopped short of providing support to Babar, meaning Babar won't be very comfortable as a captain knowing the Chairman doesn't rate him, which can reflect in t20 wc performance.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him a chance before calling for his head. Already many like the above poster are nit picking faults in him. Innocent until proven guilty, in Pak it's the opposite. Ex Cricketers are just waiting for him to fail to so they can boast how correct they were. In any job you need to give the new employee some time.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja says he will still operate his YouTube channel Ramiz Speaks in terms of having a weekly Q&A with fans and journalists and even ex players who want to query him on decisions.

If he is not earning a salary from the board then I guess this will allow him to keep his YT earnings.

Win Win arrangement for him

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Ramiz Raja says he will still operate his YouTube channel Ramiz Speaks in terms of having a weekly Q&A with fans and journalists and even ex players who want to query him on decisions.

If he is not earning a salary from the board then I guess this will allow him to keep his YT earnings.

Keeping his youtube channel open is a good thing. This way disgruntled fans can engage with him and put forward their suggestions. Damned if you d and damned if you don't! He is only at fault if the rules disallow him from using any social media activity.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Keeping his youtube channel open is a good thing. This way disgruntled fans can engage with him and put forward their suggestions. Damned if you d and damned if you don't! He is only at fault if the rules disallow him from using any social media activity.
    Sethi was criticized for participating in his Geo talk show while being the PCB Chairman. The obvious explanation is the Salary offered for the Chairman's post in the PCB is not good enough to compensate Sethi to step back from his talk show or Ramiz to stop operating his YT Channel.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How will that go if Pakistan lose a couple of matches or bow out of T20 WC. Or lose a close match like they did in West Indies.
    If he criticizes the Team management there, What kind of work environment that is for the coach and captain.

PCB is the only professional board where the Chairman makes regular appearances on TV channels and now social media.

It is a very very bad idea and potential for next disaster.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi was criticized for participating in his Geo talk show while being the PCB Chairman. The obvious explanation is the Salary offered for the Chairman's post in the PCB is not good enough to compensate Sethi to step back from his talk show or Ramiz to stop operating his YT Channel.
    Sethi was not a Cricket man. He never played the game so knew nothing about it, he was a political appointment. Ramiz is a former international whose views deserve to be respected.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    PCB to support development of cricket in Uzbekistan

Lahore, 21 September 2021:

As a step towards improving relations between Pakistan and Uzbekistan through cricket diplomacy, the Pakistan Cricket Board and Cricket Federation of Uzbekistan have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for promotion of the game by developing a working relationship to enhance the capacity, professionalism and performance of the game in Uzbekistan.

As per the MoU, the PCB will plan, organise and implement player development programmes including two high performance camps for emerging players at the National High Performance Centre, Lahore. These programmes will aim to improve the technical, tactical, mental and game abilities of the players in Uzbekistan.

The PCB will also send its staff to deliver game development programmes in Uzbekistan which will include preliminary curator and grounds staff courses, PCB Level 1 Umpiring Course, Advanced Level 2 Coaching Course, training and analysts courses for various levels will also be conducted.

The PCB will also help prepare Uzbekistan players on life skills and provide guidance on anti-doping, anti-corruption and code of conduct obligations.

Additionally, the PCB will also explore the opportunity of inviting a team from Uzbekistan for participation in domestic tournaments in Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conflict of interest there

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let him do what he wants to. Get out of his way or you will get crushed.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Former Test cricketer and coach Younis Khan suggested Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s chairman Ramiz Raja ‘work more’.

While talking to a local news channel, Younis stressed that PCB needs to lift Pakistan cricket with organized planning.

“Now, Pakistan needs to raise the standard of their cricket in the world. After the withdrawal of England and New Zealand, we now need to plan things strongly. We have to put our strong stance in front of the world,” he said.

“The new PCB chairman Ramiz Raja should talk less because now it’s high time to work more,” he suggested.

The legendary Test batsman also emphasized giving more respect to national cricketers. “When you don’t respect your cricketers, don’t expect it from somebody else. You need to give more value to your cricketers to let the world know their importance,” he concluded.

ARY

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja speaking to business leaders in Karachi:

"If our team becomes number one in the world, then foreign teams will not refuse to come and play in the country. [...] Our cricket is relying on ICC’s funding right now and when I see the books, I get very scared because the contribution of local entrepreneurs is minimal"

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, such as Covid, PCB can easily cut down the money promised. This will continue to worsen Pakistan cricket's situation from a financial point of view"

"We must be on the same page, it is about the national spirit [...] The pie of our cricket from the financial point of view is just 5% percent as compared to our neighboring countries where interest is massive and due to investments there teams have surpassed us"

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja lashes out at Basit Ali for calling him Rambo

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja had lashed out at former cricketer and Sindh Cricket Association Head Coach Basit Ali for calling him Rambo during a meeting.

As per the report, Ramiz was holding a meeting with head coaches of all six provincial teams a few days ago.

Some of the coaches who attended the meeting were former colleagues o the chairman. Bast Ali referred to him as Rambo during the meeting, the report said.

Ramiz was unhappy with the way he called him by his nickname. He warned him of how he talks to the PCB chairman.

According to the report, Ramiz criticized Shahid Alam, one of the coaches at the meeting, over his friendly attitude and told him that he should focus on his duties.

Perform or go home

In another report, the PCB chairman had been unhappy with the performances of the coaches. He warned them to improve their performances or go home.

“People who will do a good job will stay others will go home,” the Express Newsreport had quoted him.

According to the outlet, the newly-appointed chairman showed mistrust in the effectiveness of the provincial team coaches and questioned the role of the coaches in squad selection during the virtual meeting.

The chairman insisted that everyone should work hard and rethink their plans in order to get better results from the players.

“Many changes are being made to fix Pakistan cricket, hence, everyone will have to contribute accordingly,” Raja was quoted as saying.

On the other hand, coaches expressed anger over Raja’s commanding tone.

one of the coaches suggested submitting resignations together. however, the decision was opposed.

https://www.bolnews.com/latest/2021/...ing-him-rambo/
    Last edited by OMB; 5th October 2021 at 18:28.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket4all View Post
    Ramiz Raja lashes out at Basit Ali for calling him Rambo

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja had lashed out at former cricketer and Sindh Cricket Association Head Coach Basit Ali for calling him Rambo during a meeting.

As per the report, Ramiz was holding a meeting with head coaches of all six provincial teams a few days ago.

Some of the coaches who attended the meeting were former colleagues o the chairman. Bast Ali referred to him as Rambo during the meeting, the report said.

Ramiz was unhappy with the way he called him by his nickname. He warned him of how he talks to the PCB chairman.

According to the report, Ramiz criticized Shahid Alam, one of the coaches at the meeting, over his friendly attitude and told him that he should focus on his duties.

Perform or go home

In another report, the PCB chairman had been unhappy with the performances of the coaches. He warned them to improve their performances or go home.

“People who will do a good job will stay others will go home,” the Express Newsreport had quoted him.

According to the outlet, the newly-appointed chairman showed mistrust in the effectiveness of the provincial team coaches and questioned the role of the coaches in squad selection during the virtual meeting.

The chairman insisted that everyone should work hard and rethink their plans in order to get better results from the players.

“Many changes are being made to fix Pakistan cricket, hence, everyone will have to contribute accordingly,” Raja was quoted as saying.

On the other hand, coaches expressed anger over Raja’s commanding tone.

one of the coaches suggested submitting resignations together. however, the decision was opposed.

https://www.bolnews.com/latest/2021/...ing-him-rambo/
    The result of giving authority to little minded people.

They have never work in an office environment and when suddenly they see themselves as chairman of the organization they start acting big and tough for the sake of it.

Rameez raja has an ego and it has been inflated now with this new post.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    The result of giving authority to little minded people.

They have never work in an office environment and when suddenly they see themselves as chairman of the organization they start acting big and tough for the sake of it.

Rameez raja has an ego and it has been inflated now with this new post.
    In a professional office environment you do not call people by their nicknames especially if they are your boss or the chairman regardless of your personal relationship and friendship with them. I once did an internship at my dad's best friend's factory whom i had know for a good 10-15 years, even he told me off and strictly told me to dress professionally at work, to not call him uncle at work and everytime i needed to see him in his office, i had to book an appointment with his secretary. Every time i met him outside work or at family events, it was back to the same casual dosti.

Basit Ali should have shown more sense. Lastly i suggest you get some professional help for your Sadma over the reality that Misbah ul Haq got kicked out on his back side.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In a professional office environment you do not call people by their nicknames especially if they are your boss or the chairman regardless of your personal relationship and friendship with them. I once did an internship at my dad's best friend's factory whom i had know for a good 10-15 years, even he told me off and strictly told me to dress professionally at work, to not call him uncle at work and everytime i needed to see him in his office, i had to book an appointment with his secretary. Every time i met him outside work or at family events, it was back to the same casual dosti.

Basit Ali should have shown more sense. Lastly i suggest you get some professional help for your Sadma over the reality that Misbah ul Haq got kicked out on his back side.
    If you go on calling your bosses uncle thats your problem.

Basit Ali did not call anyone uncle

Also, Rameez Raja himself refers to other people by there nicknames when commentating. Or is this professional gimmick when you become the head of PCB

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

KARACHI, Oct 06 (APP):Sindh Governor Imran Ismail Wednesday said there was no shortage of talent in Pakistan, the whole world recognized the talent of Pakistani cricketers and the players were the representatives and ambassadors of the country.

In a meeting with Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Rameez Raja at Governor House, Imran Ismail said talent hunt camp should be organized in Sindh, according to a news release.
    Governor Sindh said the eyes of the entire nation were on Rameez Raja and the nation wanted to see Pakistan cricket team successful in every field.

Chairman PCB Rameez Raja said he would not disappoint the confidence of Prime Minister Imran Khan and the people of Pakistan.

The issues related to the improvement of cricket in the country and promotion of league cricket, including issues of domestic and international cricket, were discussed during the meeting.

The meeting also agreed on joint initiatives to bring out cricket talent in Sindh and promote cricket in the province.

https://www.app.com.pk/national/whol...ni-cricketers/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja has hinted at "good news" in the coming week, saying the New Zealand cricket board was working on a new schedule to tour Pakistan after it abandoned the series last month citing "security threats".

The New Zealand cricket team had arrived in Pakistan on September 11 for the first time in 18 years to play three ODIs and five Twenty20 Internationals.

The Kiwis had, however, devastated Pakistan's cricket fraternity on Sep 17 by opting out of their tour of Pakistan minutes before the first ODI was to be played. They had cited a 'security threat' as the reason without divulging any further information. The tour cancellation was followed by England also deferring their tour.

'Don't accept the New Zealand tour'

Briefing the Senate Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial Coordination on Thursday, Raja said the New Zealand cricket board was "now rescheduling the tour" after being pressured by Pakistan.

However, committee chairman Raza Rabbani suggested the PCB chief to turn down New Zealand's tour of Pakistan.

"What if we do not allow the New Zealand tour?" asked Rabbani.

He advised the PCB not to accept the tour as a sign of protest.

Raja, however, replied with a slight discord, saying, "We have to live with them. But we can tell them that Pakistan can find a time window for the tour at some point in 2022."

He added that if New Zealand were ready to play according to Pakistan's conditions, "then we should have no problem".

He also informed the committee that Pakistan's cricket affairs were managed through 50 per cent funding from the International Cricket Council (ICC), while 90pc of the ICC funding was provided by India.

The PCB chairman also said he would unveil the blueprint for cricket by next week.

'It's not our fault'
    Asked about the tour cancellation, the PCB chief informed the committee that the Kiwi officials didn't inform him about the nature of the threats, adding that "it's not our fault".

He lamented that no one from the cricket fraternity helped Pakistan at its time of need, while recalling that the national team had toured different countries even during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Raja said the PCB had also written a "strong letter" to the ICC on the matter, while quoting experts as saying that a lot of politics was underway at the ICC.

'No cricketer will drive rickshaw anymore'
    During the briefing, the PCB chairman stressed the need for fixing the system, adding that the salaries of domestic cricketers had been raised and they will now earn Rs40 million annually.

"No cricketer will have to drive a rickshaw anymore," he said.

He said he had held "positive meetings" with various investors, adding that they were willing to offer money for the betterment of national cricket.

Raja said work at the schools level would soon begin with an aim to overhaul the cricket structure.

The PCB chairman also said those cricketers who had tarnished the country's image by being involved in match fixing should not be included in the team, adding that unfortunately, "our society sides with such cricketers".

Dawn

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ramiz Raja has reiterated that a flourishing cricket economy is the need of the hour in the country.

In a meeting with the Senate Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial Coordination (IPC), stressed on the importance of being self-sufficient rather than relying on the International Cricket Council (ICC) for funding.

“PCB runs 50 per cent on the funding of ICC. 90 per cent of funding to ICC comes from India. I’m afraid that if India stopped funding ICC, then PCB might collapse because PCB gives zero per cent funding to ICC. I’m determined to make Pakistan cricket strong,” said Raja.

“One strong investor told me that a blank cheque is ready for the PCB if Pakistan beats India in the upcoming T20 World Cup,” he added.

He also stated that teams won’t pull out of Pakistan tour if we have a strong financial backing.

“If our cricket economy is strong, we won’t be used and then binned by teams like England and New Zealand,” he said. “Best cricket team and best cricket economy are two big challenges.”

Raja also spoke about better salaries for domestic cricketers.

“We have increased salaries of domestic cricketers by hundred thousand rupees as we want to ensure that they earn atleast four million rupees every year. PCB is also looking for sponsors in this regard,” he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...lls-ramiz-raja

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ramiz Raja has reiterated that a flourishing cricket economy is the need of the hour in the country.

In a meeting with the Senate Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial Coordination (IPC), stressed on the importance of being self-sufficient rather than relying on the International Cricket Council (ICC) for funding.

PCB runs 50 per cent on the funding of ICC. 90 per cent of funding to ICC comes from India. Im afraid that if India stopped funding ICC, then PCB might collapse because PCB gives zero per cent funding to ICC. Im determined to make Pakistan cricket strong, said Raja.

One strong investor told me that a blank cheque is ready for the PCB if Pakistan beats India in the upcoming T20 World Cup, he added.

He also stated that teams wont pull out of Pakistan tour if we have a strong financial backing.

If our cricket economy is strong, we wont be used and then binned by teams like England and New Zealand, he said. Best cricket team and best cricket economy are two big challenges.

Raja also spoke about better salaries for domestic cricketers.

We have increased salaries of domestic cricketers by hundred thousand rupees as we want to ensure that they earn atleast four million rupees every year. PCB is also looking for sponsors in this regard, he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...lls-ramiz-raja
    If India were to stop funding the ICC, wouldn't most of the boards collapse?
    I am assuming that Ramiz is hinting towards a political move by Indian government. A scenario in which Indian government insists that its funds don't get allocated to the PCB.

In such a scenario of a political intervention, I could be wrong but I think that the state of Pakistan will not sit idle and will provide funding for the PCB.

I appreciate where Ramiz is coming from but this is exactly why we need people with the related experiences for high posts in any big organization. Choice of words is very important if you are a top guy. Also, the depth analytical skills is imperative.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger_khan View Post
    If India were to stop funding the ICC, wouldn't most of the boards collapse?
    I am assuming that Ramiz is hinting towards a political move by Indian government. A scenario in which Indian government insists that its funds don't get allocated to the PCB.

In such a scenario of a political intervention, I could be wrong but I think that the state of Pakistan will not sit idle and will provide funding for the PCB.

I appreciate where Ramiz is coming from but this is exactly why we need people with the related experiences for high posts in any big organization. Choice of words is very important if you are a top guy. Also, the depth analytical skills is imperative.
    ICC cannot accept BCCI's tictat that they reduce or eliminate funding to the PCB. The funds are allocated based on the Size of each ICC member. The ICC refused to black list Pakistan under BCCI's insistence over terrorism and they refused to interfere to declare the Kashmir Premier League null and void under BCCI's insistence saying they cannot influence the internal matters of an ICC member state.

The Pakistani Government has provided zero funding to all other sports in the country, don't think they will provide any funding to Cricket. The Pakistani Government has in the past requested the PCB to provide funding to Hockey and Squash.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fully backing Rambo now. He is the best chairman we have had in my living memory. Inshallah with his passionate and ambitious thinking our cricket will flourish and get back on track soon.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    If you go on calling your bosses uncle thats your problem.

Basit Ali did not call anyone uncle

Also, Rameez Raja himself refers to other people by there nicknames when commentating. Or is this professional gimmick when you become the head of PCB
    Bro, you cant compare commentary to being in a professional executive set up of an organisation.
    Commentary is meant to have a social human informal aspect to an extent to connect with audiences.
    Fair enough some people dont like Ramiz (Rambo lol) but he deserves a chance at least and certainly shouldnt be judged based on commentary.
    Rambo all the way.for now 😀

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RR point about BCCI is very accurate; BCCI is the one which is raising PCB

People here talking about other boards like West Indies, South Africa, etc.
    First of all WI, SA, SL, etc. they dont even have 2% of their population as a user base for cricket; because of other sports which take precedence..,.That is why these boards are okay to remain cash deficient as long as they are getting revenues from ICC, because they can not extract much from cricket in their own country

Now, this is in complete contrast with cricket in Pakistan; it is foremost and only sports left (sadly) and yet, PCB of previous regimes just not able to develop any revenue generation stream of any significance.. They just liked to remain beggars in front of ICC

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I was watching a talk from RR to club chairman and he repeated what i have stated here many times that to produce good cricketers we need good wickets. Forget wasting millions on coaches that make no difference, invest in facilities and pay the players better and everything will fall into place.