Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Pakistan to tour Bangladesh for 2 Tests & 3 T20Is after T20 World Cup

Pakistan will make their first bilateral tour to Bangladesh since 2015 to play two Tests and three T20Is.

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury confirmed the matter to the media on Monday. Although he did not specify about the matches, the ICC's Future Tour Programme (FTP) shows the two nations will play two Tests and three T20Is.

The Test matches will form part of the World Test Championship 2021-23 cycle. Bangladesh will then go off to New Zealand for two Tests and three T20Is in December-January. South Africa will host Bangladesh for three ODIs and two Tests in March-April 2022.

"Pakistan series is right after the World Cup," Nizamuddin said. "Our cricket operations committee is in talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board as well as the Cricket South Africa. After Pakistan series, we have a New Zealand tour. It’s a very congested schedule.

"The Covid-19 protocols will be the same [in Pakistan series] as we have had so far. We will inform the visiting side about the guidelines."

The last time Bangladesh hosted Pakistan, the Tigers claimed historic ODI series whitewash (3-0) and the one-off T20I. The two-match Test series went to Pakistan 1-0. In 2020, Bangladesh toured Pakistan for three T20Is and a one-off Test losing all except one abandoned T20I.

Bangladesh's busy schedule will resume in October, when they go off to Oman and the UAE to play the T20 World Cup. Most of the players are having a break following the home series T20I against New Zealand which Bangladesh won 3-2.

Nizamuddin said that the players have been told to maintain health rules before departure. Shakib Al Hasan and Mustafizur Rahman will be in the UAE to play the IPL.

"The players are currently on a break," Nizamuddin said. "They have been given instructions on avoiding public gathering and maintaining Covid-19 rules. Everyone will be tested before leaving."

https://www.bdcrictime.com/pakistan-...h-after-t20-wc
    Last edited by Saj; 14th September 2021 at 01:55.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for this series, already knew this was happening.

Any rumour on venues within Bangladesh?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Test series is going to be epic

#aageyAageyDekhoHotaHaiKya

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post

One thing i'm scared of is the slow and low pitches. The ball keeping real low was horrid to see in the NZ series no bounce whatsoever.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    One thing i'm scared of is the slow and low pitches. The ball keeping real low was horrid to see in the NZ series no bounce whatsoever.
    In either case our bowling attack should out match

We have built a decent bowling attack of late. Shaheen, Hassan, Nauman, Yasir, Abbas, Sajid are all very decent options. Plus Faheem the utility bowler

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I guess India is too far ahead now so Pakistan-Bangladesh might be the new Pakistan-India.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post

Still remember someoneís hope cum prediction of Pak being at the level of Bermuda and papua new guinea.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak’s ability to play spin will be the key on the tour. BD is pretty good at home so Pak will naturally have to play good cricket to win over there.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Still remember someone’s hope cum prediction of Pak being at the level of Bermuda and papua new guinea.
    Funny how he isn’t here anymore to see if his prediction comes true or not

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Should be a good and hard-fought series for Pakistan.

Won't be easy in their conditions as they have shown against Australia and New Zealand.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another series squeezed into an unforgiving schedule?

How much does the PCB make out of a tour like this anyway?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need left handers for the test series. Fawad and his ability to play spinners will be more than handy in these conditions.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good.

Will be interesting in their conditions.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe and BD, can't we play with some better teams

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Pak’s ability to play spin will be the key on the tour. BD is pretty good at home so Pak will naturally have to play good cricket to win over there.
    Very true. Guys like Nasum Ahmed, Mehdi Hassan, Shakib Ul Hassan will all be players to watch.

I reckon the domestic tournament and getting used to playing the kookaburra ball will all play in favour of Pak.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect Pakistan to win the Test series 2-0.

T20 series can go either way if pitches are dustbowl pitches. If flat, Pakistan should win.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see Test matches in Bangladesh. Long time since Pakistan have played there and I don't think most of the guys have ever played there. Might be a very tough series to be honest vs Bangladesh spin bowling.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    Will be interesting to see Test matches in Bangladesh. Long time since Pakistan have played there and I don't think most of the guys have ever played there. Might be a very tough series to be honest vs Bangladesh spin bowling.
    It's usually good for batting. I think we can't really look too much at the NZ and Aus series played in Bangladesh as some SENA teams are notoriously bad at playing spin in sub-continent conditions especially when the team consists of B level players.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of playing T20Is right after the T20 WC? May as well play ODI Super League games instead.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again we are always involved with Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Shoot!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Tests and 3ODIs should be the starting structure for any series.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately our current players are not any better than SENA countries in terms of playing spin. Might include Fahad, Yasir, Nauman and Shafiq (although none of them has any future in T20) in T20 as well. Anything over 130 will be winning score.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything less than whitewashes in both series will be an embarrassment for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Anything less than whitewashes in both series will be an embarrassment for Pakistan.
    Could be other way around. Babar is similar to Azhar Ali in terms of captaincy. We lack of proper spinners and quality batsmen to stay in wickets.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Could be other way around. Babar is similar to Azhar Ali in terms of captaincy. We lack of proper spinners and quality batsmen to stay in wickets.
    Yeah nah that ain't happening in Tests.

We do have quality batsmen. Babar Azam, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Rizwan and Azhar Ali are all quality batsmen.

And I don't see how you would quantify Nauman Ali and Yasir Shah as fast-bowlers.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah nah that ain't happening in Tests.

We do have quality batsmen. Babar Azam, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Rizwan and Azhar Ali are all quality batsmen.

And I don't see how you would quantify Nauman Ali and Yasir Shah as fast-bowlers.
    They are spinners.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really looking forward to it. I dare Bangladesh to produce massive turners against us

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nauman chacha would eat Bangladesh alive

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    They are spinners.
    You said we lack proper spinners. How do we lack proper spinners when we have Yasir and Nauman?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the test series.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You said we lack proper spinners. How do we lack proper spinners when we have Yasir and Nauman?
    I think he means we need spinners of the caliber of Warne and Murali for this tour

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan men to travel to Bangladesh after five years

Lahore, 14 September 2021:

The Pakistan men’s national cricket team will travel to Bangladesh after five years to play the hosts in three T20 Internationals and two ICC World Test Championship matches after the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

The national side’s tour is part of the Future Tours Programme and will commence with the T20I series, which will be staged at Dhaka’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, on 19 November. The second and third T20Is will be played on 20 and 22 November.

The two teams will then travel to Chattogram for the first of the two Tests at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium from 26-30 November. This match will see the two sides face-off in the apex form of the game on Bangladeshi soil for the first time since May 2015, when Pakistan won the two-match series by completing a win in the final Test by a mammoth 328 runs.

The two teams will return to Dhaka to play the final Test, which will start from 4 December.

Pakistan are ranked second on the ICC World Test Championship points table with one win in two matches, while Bangladesh are yet to kick of their campaign.

Pakistan have immaculate record in Tests against Bangladesh with 10 wins from 11 matches. They also enjoy an impressive record in the T20Is against Bangladesh with 10 wins from 12 matches.

The date of the national team’s departure will be announced in due course.

Fixtures:

19 Nov – First T20I, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
    20 Nov – Second T20I, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
    22 Nov – Third T20I, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

26-30 Nov – First Test, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
    4-8 Dec – Second Test, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think these results may happen:

Pakistan take the Test series 2-0.
    Pakistan take the T20 series 2-1.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I think these results may happen:

Pakistan take the Test series 2-0.
    Pakistan take the T20 series 2-1.
    I think Pakistan may win the Test series, but Bangladesh may win the T20Is 2-1

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have Bangladesh ever won a Test match against Pakistan?

They can't get a better opportunity than this if they haven't. Yasir Shah is way past it and that left arm spinner uncle whose name I can't remember will be cannon fodder for Mushi, Shakib, Liton, Tamim etc who literally grew up playing plethora of such SLAO bowlers on dry turners.

But I think pak will somehow win one. Going with 1-1 in Tests and 2-1 either way in T20s..

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post

They can't get a better opportunity than this if they haven't. Yasir Shah is way past it and that left arm spinner uncle whose name I can't remember will be cannon fodder for Mushi, Shakib, Liton, Tamim etc who literally grew up playing plethora of such SLAO bowlers on dry turners.

But I think pak will somehow win one. Going with 1-1 in Tests and 2-1 either way in T20s..
    Hm, I feel like you are overestimating Bangladesh in tests here. The likes of Brathwaite and Warrican took wickets against them.
    Last edited by HappyWarsFan; 14th September 2021 at 23:40.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Hm, I feel like you are overestimating Bangladesh in tests here. The likes of Brathwaite and Warrican took wickets against them.
    Bangladesh lost that series due to their bowling. Batting was okay. Besides, I don't think a spin bowling attack of Rahkeem Cornwall and Jomel Warrican is as bad as one might think..

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This can be a very exciting series.
    Bangladesh need to back their method and produce raging turners. They are used to playing Slow Left Armers.. they have an army of them. Yasir Shah they have to find a way to counter and produce pitches to neutralize the talented Pakistan pace attack somehow.
    Shakib/Mushfiqur/Liton/Tamim are still very good in their home conditions and good spinners.
    Hoping for a BD Series win.. If that happens what a day It would be. It will be celebrated wildly from Dhaka to Gujrat, and from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.

But still, Pakistan Test team is good enough to rise to this challenge.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PCB expressing their gratitude towards Bangladesh for touring Pakistan in 2019 & 2020

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh have more talent than Pakistan. They are also confident and skilled at home.

Wonít be surprised to see them both series.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post

You canít make such predictions, they were struggling against Rakheem and Warrican, Numan Ali although he looks innocuous is a handy spinner. Yasir Shah most likely wonít make the final XI given his form and hey letís see if he even gets selected, Iíd think theyíll go with Zahid. Our test players mind you are not going into this series underprepared they will be playing QeA and then the obvious prep prior to the beginning of the test series. 2-0 easy in my eyes.

In regards to the t20s it will depend on what pitches are prepared.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Bangladesh have more talent than Pakistan. They are also confident and skilled at home.

Won’t be surprised to see them both series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I think Pakistan may win the Test series, but Bangladesh may win the T20Is 2-1
    So Bangladesh should be 3rd (Pakistan) in T20 ranking and serious contender for this World Cup?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    This can be a very exciting series.
    Bangladesh need to back their method and produce raging turners. They are used to playing Slow Left Armers.. they have an army of them. Yasir Shah they have to find a way to counter and produce pitches to neutralize the talented Pakistan pace attack somehow.
    Shakib/Mushfiqur/Liton/Tamim are still very good in their home conditions and good spinners.
    Hoping for a BD Series win.. If that happens what a day It would be. It will be celebrated wildly from Dhaka to Gujrat, and from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.

But still, Pakistan Test team is good enough to rise to this challenge.
    Our test team is better than last time with the introduce of Fawad instead of Shafiq and we have better bowlers this time as well. Both openers are the weak point. Hopefully we can get rid at least 1 of them before the series.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    We should be able to beat them on any pitch.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, first tour since 2015 - 6 odd years.
    And the narrative and slant on this site is about the one board being responsible for all thats evil in the game we cherish. If you guys or the 'other than the so called big 3' gang cared so much for the better ment of the game, what stopped u from having more frequent tour to the shores of your BD bros?
    That apart, I'd question why TWO tests, 3 T20's and NO Odi's? two tests sounds a bit sparse.
    I think BD will go in with turning wickets in anticipation of Mehidy, shakib and co to strike. I'd think its a great chance for Yassir Shah as well as the reverse swing of hasan ali and shaheen afrid to perform well.
    will be a good series, i'd back pak to put it over BD in tests.
    T20's a bit of a lottery and i'd marginally back BD to win series.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a good series between two equally matched teams...

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its going to be dead flat wickets for the Tests. Possibly 0-0 draw or 1-0 to Pakistan if that is the case. Bangladesh won't want to give Shaheen any sort of advantage. Raging turners have backfired on Bangladesh before, so that leaves only 1 possibility: flat wickets.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    Should be a good series between two equally matched teams...
    Another expert prediction.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrIc_Mystique View Post
    Wow, first tour since 2015 - 6 odd years.
    And the narrative and slant on this site is about the one board being responsible for all thats evil in the game we cherish. If you guys or the 'other than the so called big 3' gang cared so much for the better ment of the game, what stopped u from having more frequent tour to the shores of your BD bros?
    That apart, I'd question why TWO tests, 3 T20's and NO Odi's? two tests sounds a bit sparse.
    I think BD will go in with turning wickets in anticipation of Mehidy, shakib and co to strike. I'd think its a great chance for Yassir Shah as well as the reverse swing of hasan ali and shaheen afrid to perform well.
    will be a good series, i'd back pak to put it over BD in tests.
    T20's a bit of a lottery and i'd marginally back BD to win series.
    I don't know if you suffer from short term memory loss but just in case, I'll remind you that Pakistan & Bangladesh did not have the best of relations of in the 2010s. Bangladesh refused to tour Pakistan some time in the early 2010s even thought Pakistan did send its players in the inaugural BPL and that rubbed Pakistan the wrong way and from then onwards the PCB opted for a more cold approach towards the BCB. Also geopolitical tensions between Pakistan and Bangladesh were high in the mid to late 2010s and Islamabad viewed the Sheikh government in Bangladesh as either an Indian asset or proxy or at least that they were more favorable towards India than to Pakistan which was what the PCB believed played a role in Bangladesh choosing not to tour Pakistan. Now ties being Pakistan and Bangladesh are better than before under Khan's government and Bangladesh has issues with the Indian government and have grown closer to PRC. So these are the factors behind recent warming in ties between the two countries, if Indians tried to learn more about the world outside their country then they wouldn't be posting such ignorant comments.

"Tea was funtaaastic" - Abhinandan

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good tour.

In their conditions, it will show us who has a good technique against spin.

The only way to survive in those conditions is to be able to play a versatile array of strokes.

Backing Rizwan to be the leading run-scorer of the tour.

This tour will hopefully answer questions on Babar's ability to play left-arm spin.

One complaint is why T20s first, tests are more important.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    I think its going to be dead flat wickets for the Tests. Possibly 0-0 draw or 1-0 to Pakistan if that is the case. Bangladesh won't want to give Shaheen any sort of advantage. Raging turners have backfired on Bangladesh before, so that leaves only 1 possibility: flat wickets.
    Just like 2015

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like 2015
    Thats what I am expecting. Makes no sense to make a seam friendly surface - to the extent thats even possible in Bangladesh. A turning pitch would aid Yasir, Nouman, whoever else. Only thing that makes sense is a dead pitch where both sides will score 500+.

Prepare for a snoozefest if wickets and results are your thing.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Thats what I am expecting. Makes no sense to make a seam friendly surface - to the extent thats even possible in Bangladesh. A turning pitch would aid Yasir, Nouman, whoever else. Only thing that makes sense is a dead pitch where both sides will score 500+.

Prepare for a snoozefest if wickets and results are your thing.
    True. But even this strategy could backfire on Bangladesh if they lose the toss. We saw in the series against Sri Lanka and Pakistan (last time they toured) that if the other team wins the toss and puts up 500+ than Bangladesh can easily wilt under the scoreboard pressure and lose comprehensively.

However from a BD point-of-view, this strategy is still more sensible than dishing out a turner.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    I don't know if you suffer from short term memory loss but just in case, I'll remind you that Pakistan & Bangladesh did not have the best of relations of in the 2010s. Bangladesh refused to tour Pakistan some time in the early 2010s even thought Pakistan did send its players in the inaugural BPL and that rubbed Pakistan the wrong way and from then onwards the PCB opted for a more cold approach towards the BCB. Also geopolitical tensions between Pakistan and Bangladesh were high in the mid to late 2010s and Islamabad viewed the Sheikh government in Bangladesh as either an Indian asset or proxy or at least that they were more favorable towards India than to Pakistan which was what the PCB believed played a role in Bangladesh choosing not to tour Pakistan. Now ties being Pakistan and Bangladesh are better than before under Khan's government and Bangladesh has issues with the Indian government and have grown closer to PRC. So these are the factors behind recent warming in ties between the two countries, if Indians tried to learn more about the world outside their country then they wouldn't be posting such ignorant comments.
    Not a bad explanation. But the default narrative of every one's fault but us still is in place. the same 'world outside their country ' has spoken on a lot of fronts with their decisions.
    Any ways, on a purely cricketing view point, series will be good. I'd follow test cricket or any one playing tests as opposed to the IPL or any t20 leagues. Bring it on.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time for reality check for B'desh. After winning against Aus, NZ B teams, they will swept aside against their nemesis.

Babar and Shaheen will wreak havoc.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good examination of Babar technique against spin

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh national team selector Habibul Bashar said that the upcoming National Cricket League (NCL) will be adequate preparation for the two Tests against Pakistan -- part of the ICC World Test Championship -- in November-December.

This home series against Pakistan is set to be the Tigers' first assignment after the upcoming T20 World Cup, which will be held in the UAE and Oman from October 17 to November 14.

The NCL had to be initially postponed and later cancelled last year due to complications arising from the coronavirus pandemic. Although other domestic international and local cricket fixtures took place in bio-bubbles, the travelling during NCL matches led to problems. Bashar said that the upcoming NCL in October is likely to be played in two venues.

"One of the main reasons that the NCL stopped after commencing was the issue of travelling. We wanted team to play both home and away. But we're still battling with Covid-19 and travelling is risky. As far as I know, the games will take place at two venues at Cox's Bazar and Sylhet," Bashar informed the media today.

Squads of 20-22 members have been formed for the upcoming NCL and the players will also get a months' time to prepare themselves. "The wickets got a bit of rest so we're hoping for a competitive tournament," Bashar said.

"We have a few Test matches right after the World Cup. It's a good opportunity to prepare players. We didn't get much a chance to play Tests. Obviously, there is a difference between a practice match and a competitive match. I think NCL will be adequate preparation before the Pakistan series," he added.

Bangladesh lost the one-off Test against Pakistan in February last year before the pandemic curtailed opportunities for international tours. Pakistan won the Test by an innings and 44 runs. Bashar said: "We have to struggle if we want to compete. We don't want to repeat what happened last time."

The Test series will mark the beginning of Bangladesh's campaign in the ICC WTC cycle 2.

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...-tests-2184516

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why t20s only , why not 3 odis instead.?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan must win the test series. Their away record since the tour of SA in 2018/19 has been absolutely dreadful apart from a ZIM whitewash

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should win both series comfortably

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Why t20s only , why not 3 odis instead.?
    I agree. ODI Is much more fun.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really should be playing more ODI's. I really have enough of these T20I's.

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't the PCB have made plans for Bang to tour them instead? Yet again being spineless and unprofessional.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mastimasti View Post
    Shouldn't the PCB have made plans for Bang to tour them instead? Yet again being spineless and unprofessional.
    This is part of the World Test Championship. So, it is a home series for Bangladesh as per ICC schedule.

Bangladeshi Man