UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Delhi restaurant’s sari ban tests India’s love of western dress

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/d...ress-pt5w3plw8

A nationwide debate on western fashion threatening traditional Indian culture has been prompted by a Delhi restaurant refusing entry to a woman wearing a sari because it failed to meet the “smart casual” dress code.

In a nation where many follow western fashion and routinely dismiss anything “traditional”, there has been an unusual outpouring of support for Anita Choudhary who went to Aquila restaurant to celebrate her daughter’s birthday.
    https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...staff-7530701/

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/86454146.cms

Why would you ban the sari of all dresses? I know it is cultural and perhaps not so supposedly glamorous as western clothing, but can you imagine a western restaurant denying entry to a woman wearing a dress?
    Last edited by Cpt. Rishwat; 25th September 2021 at 04:06.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a strange world we live in. In the west you see trends where high fashion is incorporating saris and fabrics/patterns from the subcontinent, and above we see the opposite.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait till the andh bhakts fully take over.
    After Muslims, they will go after other minorities and they will go after Dalits and low class Hindus, and finally against the Hindu women for wearing western clothing and being at the work places.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This restaurant is owned by an Indian sahib who would not only bend over backwards and eat just poppadums but also consume their backside to earn white approval.

There are Indians in the UK who go to extreme lengths as well. Kids from Gujrati background here can't even speak a word of their mother tongue because their parents told them to not learn it.

The bottom line is this obsession of white skin is rather nauseating.
    Last edited by topspin; 25th September 2021 at 05:38.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    After Muslims, they will go after other minorities and they will go after Dalits and low class Hindus, and finally against the Hindu women for wearing western clothing and being at the work places.
    Do you realize its stupid to ban a traditional Indian attire in an Indian restaurant.

You are the only person arguing otherwise in this thread.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There was a club(family, recreational) In chennai where a man with Veshti wasn’t allowed, there was an outrage and rules were changed.

If a mistake is corrected that’s good , westernization sometimes gets confused as modernization.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I have always been saying. Right or wrong Indian's are ashamed of their own culture. Soon they will ban their own ancient culture altogether sending anyone who wears a sari to prison. These people are the biggest coconuts in the world. They have lost their own identity.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So out of millions of restaurants, one restaurant has some weird policies and the generalization becomes India's love for western dresses.

In that same token, taking a few Islamic terrorists in to context, should I generalize that Muslim as a whole is a community who loves violence?

Does it make any sense at all?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Read the thread carefully and the news. It seems you write without even reading what's written in OP.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    This is what I have always been saying. Right or wrong Indian's are ashamed of their own culture. Soon they will ban their own ancient culture altogether sending anyone who wears a sari to prison. These people are the biggest coconuts in the world. They have lost their own identity.
    So one restaurant in a hundred thousand restaurants in India does something stupid, and you promptly jump to a conclusion abut "Indians"? Good job

Debut
    Aug 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen u posting on similar lines on history of Mughals and how Indians are inferior(?? Is that what u r trying to say?😁)

1. On this particular issue - Its nothing but a PR stunt to gain traction. I can point out N number of even more cringe incidents people done in any countries to gain media attention.

2. And there is nothing more than jealous & angst against India than anything in u r posts.

Culture??😁
    The thing about culture is the more dogmatic the ideology is, the more difficult it becomes to adapt to current society.
    You can introspect u r self on which ideologies/regions are more inclusive to changes than others - In India, the only those political goons may care about it but an average indian - They have their beliefs but will change for better

I am ashamed of Sati sahagamanam, ashamed of casteism and what not…..but I am proud of other values imbibed through our culture

I feel Hindu culture is inclusive and things will get better in future. As for these goons, I associate them to more opportunists/political tactics than religion itself.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    So out of millions of restaurants, one restaurant has some weird policies and the generalization becomes India's love for western dresses.

In that same token, taking a few Islamic terrorists in to context, should I generalize that Muslim as a whole is a community who loves violence?

Does it make any sense at all?
    The article is behind a paywall, you won't have read the reasoning behind the headline. I'll paste some more for you:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Choudhary had shared her experiences on social media, many Indians lamented the demise of traditional dress. “This snobbery — denouncing our traditional clothes, looking down upon our own languages — is the residue of post-colonisation trauma. The sari is smart, your policy isn’t,” tweeted the Bollywood actress Richa Chadha.

Although the sari is prized by Indian women for its beauty and forms an essential part of any wedding, many younger Indian women prefer western wear for most days and bring the sari out only for special occasions.

Some women have become so concerned at the disappearance of the sari that they created a “100 Sari Pact” on Facebook in which women pledged to wear saris on 100 days of the year.

Indian men too reconsider the clothes they wear. Many poor men opt for a polyester shirt and trousers that are uncomfortably hot in Indian temperatures over traditional, looser Indian outfits made of cotton. The names that builders give swanky housing complexes to give them a social cachet are never Indian but foreign, as in Beverly Hills, the Belvedere, Manhattan Apartments or Magnolia.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The article is behind a paywall, you won't have read the reasoning behind the headline. I'll paste some more for you:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Choudhary had shared her experiences on social media, many Indians lamented the demise of traditional dress. “This snobbery — denouncing our traditional clothes, looking down upon our own languages — is the residue of post-colonisation trauma. The sari is smart, your policy isn’t,” tweeted the Bollywood actress Richa Chadha.

Although the sari is prized by Indian women for its beauty and forms an essential part of any wedding, many younger Indian women prefer western wear for most days and bring the sari out only for special occasions.

Some women have become so concerned at the disappearance of the sari that they created a “100 Sari Pact” on Facebook in which women pledged to wear saris on 100 days of the year.

Indian men too reconsider the clothes they wear. Many poor men opt for a polyester shirt and trousers that are uncomfortably hot in Indian temperatures over traditional, looser Indian outfits made of cotton. The names that builders give swanky housing complexes to give them a social cachet are never Indian but foreign, as in Beverly Hills, the Belvedere, Manhattan Apartments or Magnolia.
    Still doesn't make any sense.

My fiance wears pants not because she loves wearing it but because wearing "mekhela chador" and travelling is inconvenient.

Not using it and not loving it are two totally different aspects and should be treated as such.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moreover, sari isn't cultural dress in every state also. In our culture, sari isn't preferred. Instead, you will see "mekhela chador" (different from sari) in most occasions.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Still doesn't make any sense.

My fiance wears pants not because she loves wearing it but because wearing "mekhela chador" and travelling is inconvenient.

Not using it and not loving it are two totally different aspects and should be treated as such.
    While the sari is the piece of clothing in question in the restaurant story, I pasted the rest of the article because there were other examples given including mens clothing. The point of the article wasn't really one incident, or one restaurant's policy, but the trend towards western clothing in general, and low regard for local fashion.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the sari is the piece of clothing in question in the restaurant story, I pasted the rest of the article because there were other examples given including mens clothing. The point of the article wasn't really one incident, or one restaurant's policy, but the trend towards western clothing in general, and low regard for local fashion.
    The trend will be whichever is more convenient (not necessarily means loving it).

Thats what my argument was. The article interchanges "using" and "loving" which for me, I don't think it is accurate since "using" and "loving" can be two totally different aspects based upon feasibility.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The trend will be whichever is more convenient (not necessarily means loving it).

Thats what my argument was. The article interchanges "using" and "loving" which for me, I don't think it is accurate since "using" and "loving" can be two totally different aspects based upon feasibility.
    If by convenient you mean practical, then it still doesn't make sense. In the OP article, it specifically mentions that men are choosing to wear polyester shirts and pants which get uncomfortably hot in the Indian climate instead of looser cotton clothes which were more practical.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by convenient you mean practical, then it still doesn't make sense. In the OP article, it specifically mentions that men are choosing to wear polyester shirts and pants which get uncomfortably hot in the Indian climate instead of looser cotton clothes which were more practical.
    The loser outfits are not convenient for transportation especially in metro area. Only weather isn't the concern here but transportation too since most people will take the public route anyway and doesn't have own vehicles.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The loser outfits are not convenient for transportation especially in metro area. Only weather isn't the concern here but transportation too since most people will take the public route anyway and doesn't have own vehicles.
    Why are looser outfits not convenient?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are looser outfits not convenient?
    They gets stuck in others shoes. In trains, it's very dangerous because it may become fatal accident. Same goes for bus also. Many women have been injured when their saree gets stuck in rear tyres. They will have to be very careful while riding a bike otherwise it may become fatal.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    They gets stuck in others shoes. In trains, it's very dangerous because it may become fatal accident. Same goes for bus also. Many women have been injured when their saree gets stuck in rear tyres. They will have to be very careful while riding a bike otherwise it may become fatal.
    Yes I get that with the sari, i was thinking more of the men's clothes. Is kurta/pyjama combo also not practical considering Indians used to wear quite close fitting pyjama?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I get that with the sari, i was thinking more of the men's clothes. Is kurta/pyjama combo also not practical considering Indians used to wear quite close fitting pyjama?
    Nope. Personally speaking, I wear kurta at my work place but pyjama isn't convenient (comfortable yes). You generally don't wear shoes with pyjamas and wearing chappals while driving will be a traffic violation.

The traditional dresses were convenient in their own times but at fast moving pace, other dresses shine.

It basically boils down to horses for courses.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    So one restaurant in a hundred thousand restaurants in India does something stupid, and you promptly jump to a conclusion abut "Indians"? Good job
    Why are you laughing at yourself?? It is not only your restaurants but overall society who ape the west! It is all micro min's, vests and baseball caps. Illicit relations leading to single motherhood and rampant affairs because the west does it. Your own culture is dead, you're embarrassed about your own culture

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is an interesting thread but the 2 people most ashamed of their heritage are Inds and Iranians. Eating halal seems to be haraam for Iranians and with the Inds, it's the desperation to be more white than the white man.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest the Sikh's are still very proud of their background. Unlike the Hindu's they openly celebrate their Punjabi heritage, language and culture. Forget the Hindu's who just ape the Europeans and Americans.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Nope. Personally speaking, I wear kurta at my work place but pyjama isn't convenient (comfortable yes). You generally don't wear shoes with pyjamas and wearing chappals while driving will be a traffic violation.

The traditional dresses were convenient in their own times but at fast moving pace, other dresses shine.

It basically boils down to horses for courses.
    You could wear moccasins with pyjamas, would seem odd to change totally change to a foreign dress style rather than just your shoes. We see a lot of English dialogue creeping into Indian life, especially in the films, presumably to impress the audiences. Is that convenience too?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could wear moccasins with pyjamas, would seem odd to change totally change to a foreign dress style rather than just your shoes. We see a lot of English dialogue creeping into Indian life, especially in the films, presumably to impress the audiences. Is that convenience too?
    Films don't portray real life. Else, everyone would have been superman like Salman khan. Most films in bollywood have setup in foreign countries so presence of English is natural.

If you want to dig deeper in to Indian society, one should go for regional films which are actual depiction of the social construction of the state.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Films don't portray real life. Else, everyone would have been superman like Salman khan. Most films in bollywood have setup in foreign countries so presence of English is natural.

If you want to dig deeper in to Indian society, one should go for regional films which are actual depiction of the social construction of the state.
    Films portray our desires and mindset, that is why Bollywood produces worldwide smash hits and regional films don't. I am sure there is probably a middle ground somewhere, but the trend is probably one way, and that is why we had this article in Britain's most respected broadsheet.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love for Western dress?

Maybe that explains the enormous backlash that this restaurant got for not permitting saree wearing women.

Of course cap would latch onto this and give a completely different angle to feed his inner obsession with India.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Films portray our desires and mindset, that is why Bollywood produces worldwide smash hits and regional films don't. I am sure there is probably a middle ground somewhere, but the trend is probably one way, and that is why we had this article in Britain's most respected broadsheet.
    That would have been true had bollywood along with other regional movies from each state followed the same trend. But they don't.

So which framework should one use? I've visited and stayed most states in India and I would argue that regional movies depicts the real sentiment.

If you want to believe the article, then be it. No one is forcing their opinions on others.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest the Sikh's are still very proud of their background. Unlike the Hindu's they openly celebrate their Punjabi heritage, language and culture. Forget the Hindu's who just ape the Europeans and Americans.
    oh, you wouldn't know about that.
    Do you know how many people speak English in India as compared to Hindi or other languages?
    Heck Hindi itself is spoken by less than half of India.

use this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...akers_in_India

I grew up studying in a hindi medium school. By medium, I mean language of education used for subjects like science, history, maths etc. I did have a subject called English which we used to learn in Hindi and write in English lol.
    When I was about 14 years old, my father got me transferred to an English medium school because he understood that English was the language to learn if you want to prosper. It was very difficult for me to adjust then and I had my resentments but now I thank him for making the switch.
    I am happy that he (as you speak in your language) aped the Europeans and Americans.
    Lots of Sikhs and Muslims in India may also be happy about it though I wouldn't generalise such tendencies by religion or state.

I have no shame in aping the west if it helps me in communicating better within far parts of India and also outside India.
    disclaimer - I am not a Hindu but an Indian.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India doesn't have a national language. Hindi is spoken only in few states.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Love for Western dress?

Maybe that explains the enormous backlash that this restaurant got for not permitting saree wearing women.

Of course cap would latch onto this and give a completely different angle to feed his inner obsession with India.
    Did you actually read the article? I didn't write it by the way, so not really in a position to give any different angles, I think those who are arguing are the ones with difference of opinion.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    oh, you wouldn't know about that.
    Do you know how many people speak English in India as compared to Hindi or other languages?
    Heck Hindi itself is spoken by less than half of India.

use this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...akers_in_India

I grew up studying in a hindi medium school. By medium, I mean language of education used for subjects like science, history, maths etc. I did have a subject called English which we used to learn in Hindi and write in English lol.
    When I was about 14 years old, my father got me transferred to an English medium school because he understood that English was the language to learn if you want to prosper. It was very difficult for me to adjust then and I had my resentments but now I thank him for making the switch.
    I am happy that he (as you speak in your language) aped the Europeans and Americans.
    Lots of Sikhs and Muslims in India may also be happy about it though I wouldn't generalise such tendencies by religion or state.

I have no shame in aping the west if it helps me in communicating better within far parts of India and also outside India.
    disclaimer - I am not a Hindu but an Indian.
    Just proves that you are ashamed of your own culture. Just because others jump out of the window does not mean you must do the same. Look at how our IK shows off his culture where ever he goes wearing salwar kamiz and that. Since when did dressing in miniskirts, low cut tops, torn jeans and having babies outside wedlock become a sign of being progressive?

Hindi being your national language should be your major one instead you want to ape the white people is exactly what I am saying. You tell the world how great the ancient Hindu's were yet are equally ashamed of them today because it does not fit the image you want to display. Everyone speaks some English it does not make you anything special but only exposes your complex. To bad your PM struggles to say even a word correctly in the language!

Your mail smacks of an inferiority complex verifying everything about your community that you have no pride in your own culture, thanks for confirming it. As far as I know most of India speaks understands Hindi but you still speak English with them. No English does not make you more intelligent at all, you need to learn that people laugh at wannabee's like you who are ashamed of their own roots..

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India doesn't have a national language. Hindi is spoken only in few states.
    Sorry to burst your bubble. Google says:

Hindi
    343. (1) The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script. The form of numerals to be used for the official purposes of the Union shall be the international form of Indian numerals.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindi
    343. (1) The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script. The form of numerals to be used for the official purposes of the Union shall be the international form of Indian numerals.
    There is no "national" language.

There are 23 "official" languages of which hindi is one of them.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no "national" language.

There are 23 "official" languages of which hindi is one of them.
    Well the official language of India is Hindi. The complex language is English, happy?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the official language of India is Hindi. The complex language is English, happy?
    There are no "one" official language. You can use any of the 23.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no "one" official language. You can use any of the 23.
    Now you are just playing games. Ask any Indian and they will tell you India's official language is Hindi. Even google says so, you are not native English speakers. What is obvious is the complex your suffer from.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you are just playing games. Ask any Indian and they will tell you India's official language is Hindi. Even google says so, you are not native English speakers. What is obvious is the complex your suffer from.
    Not knowing something is OK. For example, I don't know many facets of Islam so if I have to speak about, I do consider my shortcomings and not necessarily rely on Google but the actual posters here who have lived through the guidelines throughout their years.

This is what being "non-religious" has taught me. But seems like you come to a discussion in a very closed manner.

The reason that you are facing problems in personal life (in the other thread) could be attributed to this. She doesn't want any argument about what she wants since you have already decided in your mind what she wants (which may not co incide with that of hers).

If this is the same persona as in personal life, not knowing what makes her happy seems the natural course.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not knowing something is OK. For example, I don't know many facets of Islam so if I have to speak about, I do consider my shortcomings and not necessarily rely on Google but the actual posters here who have lived through the guidelines throughout their years.

This is what being "non-religious" has taught me. But seems like you come to a discussion in a very closed manner.

The reason that you are facing problems in personal life (in the other thread) could be attributed to this. She doesn't want any argument about what she wants since you have already decided in your mind what she wants (which may not co incide with that of hers).

If this is the same persona as in personal life, not knowing what makes her happy seems the natural course.
    What you talking about trying to derail the topic with personal life and all? Fact is that Hindi is India's common language that is understood in some format in most of the country. Just because most people understand a word or two of English does not make them fluent in the language. I don't know what being non religious has to do with this?.

No, your assume very incorrectly. I am not having any problems in my marriage at all least off all not due to how Indian's suffers from a western complex.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you talking about trying to derail the topic with personal life and all? Fact is that Hindi is India's common language that is understood in some format in most of the country. Just because most people understand a word or two of English does not make them fluent in the language. I don't know what being non religious has to do with this?.

No, your assume very incorrectly. I am not having any problems in my marriage at all least off all not due to how Indian's suffers from a western complex.
    You don't see it as an issue because you are not used to open up for discussion. Here, I've mentioned 23 official languages of India but you are conveniently ignoring the other 21. You have come to the discussion with a pre set mind.

This is who you are (if it's not only the internet persona). Your spouse probably a peace loving person and hence stays away from arguments. But what you've decided for her in your pre set mind may not what she may want.

Same symptoms appearing in both the cases. And the common entity is you. So most probably issue lies in you.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't see it as an issue because you are not used to open up for discussion. Here, I've mentioned 23 official languages of India but you are conveniently ignoring the other 21. You have come to the discussion with a pre set mind.

This is who you are (if it's not only the internet persona). Your spouse probably a peace loving person and hence stays away from arguments. But what you've decided for her in your pre set mind may not what she may want.

Same symptoms appearing in both the cases. And the common entity is you. So most probably issue lies in you.
    Official language is only one not 23! Hindi once again is the most widely spoken language in India like Urdu is in Pak. There are other languages spoken it Pak too but Urdu is understood by most people. The problem here is your deeply ingrained western complex where you are ashamed of your roots.

You need not bring my marriage in to this neither is it the topic here. I will not hesitate to judge you as a son or a husband if you are married should you persist with this nonsense. Stick to the topic on this thread or I will report you should you bring up my marriage again. Let this be a warning that I will judge your relationships too if you mention this again.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 28th September 2021 at 11:15.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official language is only one not 23! Hindi once again is the most widely spoken language in India like Urdu is in Pak. There are other languages spoken it Pak too but Urdu is understood by most people. The problem here is your deeply ingrained western complex where you are ashamed of your roots.

You need not bring my marriage in to this neither is it the topic here. I will not hesitate to judge you as a son or a husband if you are married should you persist with this nonsense. Stick to the topic on this thread or I will report you should you bring up my marriage again. Let this be a warning that I will judge your relationships too if you mention this again.
    I am not judging your relationship. If you divulge your personal life in a public forum, you should expect that there will be co relation in other aspects as well since human psychology influences someone in a wider area. The close mindset that you have in your argument may be a symptom of why you are finding it hard to maintain a happy (not just content) marriage.

Its not criticism but vide this thread, it should be an introspection about how you handle things, arguments and take others perspective.

About reporting, you may report citing as off topic. But in my perspective, these two are very related due to suffered from same symptoms and signs.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not judging your relationship. If you divulge your personal life in a public forum, you should expect that there will be co relation in other aspects as well since human psychology influences someone in a wider area. The close mindset that you have in your argument may be a symptom of why you are finding it hard to maintain a happy (not just content) marriage.

Its not criticism but vide this thread, it should be an introspection about how you handle things, arguments and take others perspective.

About reporting, you may report citing as off topic. But in my perspective, these two are very related due to suffered from same symptoms and signs.
    You talk about my marriage on the correct thread not one talking about Indian sari ban, this is the point I am making. The closed mindset is yours who is ashamed off his own background not eve knowing what is the most spoken language in his country. I am sure your relationship with your parents is just as disastrous let alone your spouse! You probably don't have a partner and if you do then heaven help her!!

Back to the Indian inferiority complex where you people thinking your are American's and European's! The whole world knows this so why are you in denial! Are these the teaching given to you by your elders that be ashamed of your roots! What matters is the perspective of the title of this thread that obviously missed you!

Lets face facts you Indian's are the most narrow minded people in the world always in awe of other cultures then why should you be any different? You live in a country that has lost it's own soul something that you condone in the name of modernisation. In reality what you are saying is "we are still slaves who do whatever the in thing is". You do not have any mind or ability to think for yourself so much that even as a Pakistani I feel embarrassed for you people.

If and when you get married tell your wife to dress in a miniskirt because you are to ashamed of your roots!

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You talk about my marriage on the correct thread not one talking about Indian sari ban, this is the point I am making. The closed mindset is yours who is ashamed off his own background not eve knowing what is the most spoken language in his country. I am sure your relationship with your parents is just as disastrous let alone your spouse! You probably don't have a partner and if you do then heaven help her!!

Back to the Indian inferiority complex where you people thinking your are American's and European's! The whole world knows this so why are you in denial! Are these the teaching given to you by your elders that be ashamed of your roots! What matters is the perspective of the title of this thread that obviously missed you!

Lets face facts you Indian's are the most narrow minded people in the world always in awe of other cultures then why should you be any different? You live in a country that has lost it's own soul something that you condone in the name of modernisation. In reality what you are saying is "we are still slaves who do whatever the in thing is". You do not have any mind or ability to think for yourself so much that even as a Pakistani I feel embarrassed for you people.

If and when you get married tell your wife to dress in a miniskirt because you are to ashamed of your roots!
    In a thread about sari ban, the subject of official language is also off topic but you were continuing.

First, correct your behavior and then ask others to do so.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a thread about sari ban, the subject of official language is also off topic but you were continuing.

First, correct your behavior and then ask others to do so.
    If you bring my marriage in to the wrong thread then I can do the same. Anyway, culture and language are two sides off the same coin. There is nothing contradictory here at all.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you bring my marriage in to the wrong thread then I can do the same. Anyway, culture and language are two sides off the same coin. There is nothing contradictory here at all.
    Just like you see culture and language is two side of the same coin to you, the various aspects of human psychology is same to me.

In this thread, you have shown how you come in a platform in a very closed mind manner and it does brings a distance between you and your audience.

If it's an internet persona, then it's OK. But if same goes for personal life, in your marriage too, your wife will face difficulty in addressing her concerns.

Since I don't know you and don't have to deal with you on personal level, I can easily say what's in my mind. But your wife will have to face everyday as a result of which, she will probably stay away from argument since the verbal abusive nature that of yours is already reflected in your previous post.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like you see culture and language is two side of the same coin to you, the various aspects of human psychology is same to me.

In this thread, you have shown how you come in a platform in a very closed mind manner and it does brings a distance between you and your audience.

If it's an internet persona, then it's OK. But if same goes for personal life, in your marriage too, your wife will face difficulty in addressing her concerns.

;
    Since I don't know you and don't have to deal with you on personal level, I can easily say what's in my mind. But your wife will have to face everyday as a result of which, she will probably stay away from argument since the verbal abusive nature that of yours is already reflected in your previous post.
    Lets get back to this thread that you obviously approve of your ladies dressing in short skirts like you do your family members. The question is why are you Indian people so uncomfortable and ashed of your own indigenous culture?. We saw during he UN speech how the Pak lady was dressed in traditional Pak attire whilst yours was in a western suit, why?

I wonder what your wife or any lady in your family will think of a man or perhaps the leading man in the family having such an attitude? It is obvious that you are unable to justify your inferiority complex, right? You will have to point out the "verbal abuse" you are talking about? Calling India out for what it has become is no abuse whatsoever. Answer my question that why do you suffer from such a western complex? You need a family friend like me more then anything else to show you the mirror.

I think you have had enough of me dealing with you here for now.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindi
    This is factually incorrect and please check proper sources before making such statements. I came to know how much of a sensitive issue language is for the Indians during my 2 years in South India.

There is no national language in India and all 23 languages (categorized as official languages) have equal status. If my memory serves right - states (that are mostly linguistically divided) can use English or Hindi for official inter-state communications (someone from India please correct me if I'm wrong about this part). Their constitution's original verbiage may have had Hindi as official language and this was later amended after language riots (linked below) to include other 22 languages with equal official status.

Some of the southern states had massive riots back in the 60s over the Hindi belt's attempted imposition of Hindi as the national language. Source -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-H..._of_Tamil_Nadu

It seems an emotive issue to this day from my interactions with people from southern India.

To your credit even many Indians from the Hindi/cow belt seem to make a similar statement ("Hindi is national language of India") only to be jumped upon by Indians from the south and the east with these constitutional updates.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This entire thread is pointless and stupid. You can cherry pick such random incidents about any and every nation and use that for your personal narrative. OP is notorious for that in this forum and this thread is yet another meaningless diatribe of his.

Want a parallel? I can also cherry pick a random incident and post it along the lines of "wHy do pAKISTanis lOOK doWn on theIR oWN laNGuaGEs and mock tHEIR owN cOuntRYMEN?" -- http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-wrong-English

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets get back to this thread that you obviously approve of your ladies dressing in short skirts like you do your family members. The question is why are you Indian people so uncomfortable and ashed of your own indigenous culture?. We saw during he UN speech how the Pak lady was dressed in traditional Pak attire whilst yours was in a western suit, why?

I wonder what your wife or any lady in your family will think of a man or perhaps the leading man in the family having such an attitude? It is obvious that you are unable to justify your inferiority complex, right? You will have to point out the "verbal abuse" you are talking about? Calling India out for what it has become is no abuse whatsoever. Answer my question that why do you suffer from such a western complex? You need a family friend like me more then anything else to show you the mirror.

I think you have had enough of me dealing with you here for now.
    1. I have no problem with my family members wearing short skirts. It's their choice. Clothes doesn't define people for me but their perspective, thought process. One can cover from head to toe yet have a ugly character inside.

2. Hypothetically speaking, let's say we have inferiority complex. But that doesn't escalates in to having issues in personal insecurities that could lead to unhappiness in marriage life and not being able to keep a woman happy.

Lets say you have the self confidence/correct amount of judgement/understanding/kindness but even then issues are arising. Since consequences doesn't match with the assumptions, it simply means the assumptions were wrong in the first place as a result of which, lack of understanding/too much judgemental nature have been putting its affect in your marriage life.

From the above two, I will happily chose insecurity complex and keeping my wife happy than be confident (?) yet unable to keep the happiness of a family.

Ultimately, it boils down what is priority for you.

For me, it's happiness of family.

For you, it's about your own status. It's nothing wrong in the first place but if this leads to marriage trouble as it has crossed the threshold limit, then it's a sign of narcissism and arrogance.
    Last edited by Itachi; 29th September 2021 at 08:30.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @mustang

Check this thread

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...mes-under-fire

The topic you started was discussed last year - your thread is merged there

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter