[VIDEOS] Shaheen Shah Afridi performance watch at the 2022 County Championship and Vitality Blast

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Shaheen Shah Afridi performance watch at the 2022 County Championship and Vitality Blast

Middlesex are delighted to announce that Pakistan international pace bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi will join the Club for the 2022 season.

Left-arm quick, Afridi, 21, will join up with the Middlesex squad in pre-season ahead of the start of the 2022 season, and will remain at Middlesex until he joins up with Pakistan for international duty in mid-July. He will be available to represent the Club in County Championship cricket to that point and for the entirety of the 2022 Vitality Blast campaign, including the knockout stages of the tournament should Middlesex qualify.

Afridi already has 19 Test appearances for Pakistan to his name, along with 59 international white-ball caps. In Test cricket he has taken five wickets in an innings on three occasions and has one ten wicket match haul, picked up against the West Indies just six weeks ago when taking 10 for 93 at Sabina Park. His best international return in white-ball cricket came at Lord’s, when taking 6 for 35 against Bangladesh in the 2019 World Cup.

He stands at an imposing 6 feet 6 inches tall and uses his height and pace to great advantage, extracting bounce from the most docile of tracks, hits a consistent good length, and possesses a lethal yorker within his armoury.

Middlesex members and fans will remember all too well how destructive he can be, when he picked up six wickets for Hampshire in the Club’s final Vitality Blast match of 2020, taking four wickets in four deliveries in a quite phenomenal spell of bowling.

Speaking of the signing of Afridi, Middlesex’s Chief Executive, Andrew Cornish, commented:

“We are absolutely delighted to have secured the services of one of international crickets’ most exciting talents. Shaheen is a world-class pace bowler, and we are thrilled that he will be representing us in 2022.

“His signature was highly sought-after, and the fact that he has chosen to join Middlesex is a massive coup for us as a Club and speaks volumes of our ambitions.

“We need Middlesex to be competing at the top level and challenging for trophies. Signing players of Shaheen’s calibre, who can add quality and experience to our existing squad, is a significant step towards us getting there.

“Shaheen is a genuine match winner and I’m sure all our members will be excited to welcome him to Middlesex and share in our delight that he will be wearing the three Seaxes of the Club on his chest next season.”

On joining Middlesex, Shaheen Shah Afridi himself said:

“I am very excited to be playing for Middlesex next season. I know from my time in England they are a great county and to play at the Home of Cricket really will be a dream come true. I am looking forward to being part of the team and helping create a wonderful season for the club.”

https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/20...dlesex-cricket
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th October 2021 at 21:32.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Huge signing for Middlesex

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was incredibly ineffective for the majority of his last county T20 stint, you'd hope he'll better that.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good move for Shaheen Shah Afridi, hopefully this move is fruitful for him.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Donít know why we keep letting our main players play in county cricket. PCB are going to play him in every single game of every format, and on top of that heíll be playing in T20 leagues all around the world and now a county season added to it.

PCB havenít got a clue on how to manage their players workload. A player in Pakistan isnít going to say no when being offered money, even if itíll have a toll on their body.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    county cricket should be good for him, learn to develop his long format game. hes only played 6 non test match FC games in his career. long format exposure will help his test game.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy he is going to play County Championship

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Shah Afridi when asked about his county season next year:

"I have some good memories of playing for Hampshire and I am also looking forward to playing for Middlesex who are a good side and when the time comes for me to play for them, Inshallah I will give my best"

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Don’t know why we keep letting our main players play in county cricket. PCB are going to play him in every single game of every format, and on top of that he’ll be playing in T20 leagues all around the world and now a county season added to it.

PCB haven’t got a clue on how to manage their players workload. A player in Pakistan isn’t going to say no when being offered money, even if it’ll have a toll on their body.
    Theres more long term benefit from a season in the county game vs a few series against zimbabwe , west indies etc. so a good move. But i agree shaheen workload should be managed, he shouldnt play every game of every format

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent signing, with the red ball he will take a hatful.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am concerned at Shaheenís workload.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he won't get any rest at all

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Re: Shaheen's workload. Apparently he has an elbow condition which worsens when not bowling regularly hence why Pakistan keep playing him.

It's a strange reason - does he not have a back, shoulders, knees or ankles ? How does it help the other parts of his body if he's constantly bowling without sufficient rest.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Re: Shaheen's workload. Apparently he has an elbow condition which worsens when not bowling regularly hence why Pakistan keep playing him.

It's a strange reason - does he not have a back, shoulders, knees or ankles ? How does it help the other parts of his body if he's constantly bowling without sufficient rest.
    Courtney Walsh was the same. Wanted to always be bowling and said he lost rhythm and got injured if he didn't (injured when he started again). He'd run 10ks most mornings too.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with the form Shaheen is on he will be the pick of the bowlers in the coming weeks. Currently his rhythm has been excellent.

'If you cant support us when we lose or draw then dont support us when we win"
    Bill Shankly

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    His debut in progress vs Glamorgan

Photographed alongside Marnus Labuschagne (Glamorgan)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    His debut in progress vs Glamorgan

Photographed alongside Marnus Labuschagne (Glamorgan)

2/18 so far
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st April 2022 at 16:38.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Afridi to Hogan, out Caught by Handscomb!! Hogan c Handscomb b Shaheen Afridi 2(10)

Shaheen 3/35 in 13.1 overs, Glamorgan bowled out for 122

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great he is playing County cricket should learn the art of bowling in Test match Middlesex the home of Andrew Strauss

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    16 wickets fell on the first day in the LV=Insurance County Championship match between Glamorgan and Middlesex as both seam bowling attacks made the most of a pitch with some life in it.

Having won the toss Middlesex put the hosts into bat and had them bowled out after the lunch break for just 122. Shaheen Shah Afridi picked up three wickets on his Middlesex debut but it was Toby Roland-Jones who looked the most threatening throughout.

Middlesex finished the day on 171 for six, 49 runs in front of Glamorgan. While the lead is not yet significant, given the speed with which wickets have fallen in this game Middlesex are very well placed to push for their first win of the season.

Middlesex could have had their first wicket from the third ball of the match, David Lloyd getting a big edge off Afridi that was put down at third slip. However, the visitors did not have to wait long for their first breakthrough, with Andrew Salter clipping a ball from Roland-Jones to mid-wicket for a nine-ball duck. Salter has now made 43 runs in five innings as Glamorgan’s makeshift opener.

The real prize came in the ninth over of Glamorgan’s innings when Afridi dismissed the world’s best Test batsman, Marnus Labuschagne, for just 8 runs. The Australian attempted to leave a ball that got big on him and he edged it on to his stumps. When Sam Northeast was out the very next ball caught at second slip Glamorgan were 21 for three and in real trouble.

That became 24 for four in the following over when Kiran Carlson played a big drive at a ball from Roland-Jones that he inside edged to the wicket-keeper. The fifth wicket fell with the score on 30 when Chris Cooke called for a single that wasn’t there and Sam Robson threw down the stumps with Lloyd well short of his ground.

The collapse continued into the second hour of the day with Callum Taylor and Michael Neser both departing in quick succession to leave Glamorgan 52 for seven.

A recovery of sorts followed as useful contributions from Cooke and James Harris taking Glamorgan passed the hundred mark.

Middlesex started brightly in their first innings with Sam Robson making a sprightly 21 from 29 balls before he was trapped lbw by the impressive Harris who was playing his first match against Middlesex since leaving them over the winter.

Mark Stoneman looked more comfortable than any other batter on this surface on his way to a well-made 52 before he edged behind off the bowling of Timm van der Gugten. While Stoneman stood firm wickets tumbled at the other end as Harris held sway, finishing the day with figures of three for 48.

Glamorgan came right back into the match when five wickets fell for 42 runs with Middlesex going from 68 for one to 110 for six but the first partnership of over fifty for the match between John Simpson and Roland-Jones put their team in a strong position at the close.

https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/20...-v-middlesex-2

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Shah Afridi 29 (39) - guess who took his wicket?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen gets Labuschagne once again

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Middlesex win by an innings and 82 runs

Shaheen Shah Afridi 3/35 in first and 1/34 in 2nd innings

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too good for county cricket... hope he is being paid handsomely. Probably the best player in the tournament and the biggest game changer!

Aanay do!

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is making mockery of Marnus labuschagne.
    Shaheen is the best fast bowler in the world right now all formats considered.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Middlesex's First Team Coach, Richard Johnson, has named a thirteen man squad for the visit of Leicestershire this week to Lord's.

Johnson's side head into the clash off the back of a resounding victory down in Cardiff against Glamorgan where victory was secured in just two days and half a session, as Middlesex ran out winners by an innings and 82 runs with almost two whole days to spare.

One win and one draw from Middlesex's opening two County Championship matches sees them heading in to the Leicestershire encounter high in spirits, although despite the margin of victory in Cardiff, Johnson was still keen to see his side make improvements.

Against a visiting side who were soundly beaten by an innings at home by Derbyshire last time out, he'll be hopeful that this week presents every opportunity to work on those improvements, deliver another comprehensive performance and maintain their winning form.

His squad for this week's encounter sees just one change made, with spinner Thilan Walallawita missing out, having been withdrawn from the squad with a sore shoulder, to be replaced by Luke Hollman, who comes into the squad for the first time this year.

Shaheen Shah Afridi makes his debut appearance at Lord's for Middlesex, and the side will be led out by Peter Handscomb, who makes his first appearance at home this year having recently returned from a winter in Australia.

Johnson's squad gives him plenty of options, with five seamers to choose from, Hollman as a frontline spinner with spin support coming from both Josh De Caires and Max Holden, and a batting line up full of confidence and close to full strength, aside of the absence of Stephen Eskinazi, who misses out again through a fractured thumb injury.

Middlesex's thirteen-man squad is as follows:

Peter Handscomb (Captain)
    Shaheen Shah Afridi
    Martin Andersson
    Ethan Bamber
    Josh De Caires
    Tom Helm
    Max Holden
    Luke Hollman
    Sam Robson
    Toby Roland-Jones
    John Simpson (wicket-keeper)
    Mark Stoneman
    Robbie White

https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/20...pionship-clash

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan paceman Shaheen Shah Afridi says he will be living a dream when he makes his Middlesex home debut at Lord's on Thursday.

The towering left-arm quick has signed to play for the English county club, based at the London ground -- the game's spiritual home.

"It's every cricketer's dream to come here and play at the home of cricket," Afridi told reporters at Lord's on Wednesday ahead of Middlesex's match against Leicestershire.

Afridi has already starred at the ground, taking 6-35 against Bangladesh during a 50-over 2019 World Cup match.

"Now I want to take 10 (wickets in an innings)," he said with a smile.

"When you play for your country you always feel proud and that came against Bangladesh so it was a good game for me as well.

"As a youngster, you're playing in a World Cup game and you take six wickets so yes, it's a big high for me and one of the best memories for me."

Rising star

Afridi, one of the rising stars of world cricket, with 95 wickets in 24 Tests at an average of 25, is set to play his maiden first-class match at Lord's, having made his Middlesex debut away to Glamorgan last week.

Middlesex, who play in the second division of the County Championship, won that match by an innings and 82 runs, with 22-year-old Afridi taking four wickets.

"The first game, everywhere you go, is crucial," said the paceman, who twice dismissed Australian Test star Marnus Labuschagne in the match -- after taking his wicket three times in the recent Test series between Australia and Pakistan.

Afridi's captain at Middlesex is another Australia batsman in Peter Handscomb.

"It's nice being on this side, definitely," said Handscomb, 31, who last played Test cricket in 2019.

"Not so nice in the nets, but out in the middle it's nice having him on your team.

"That first game, the energy he had running in, the pace on the ball.

"He always wanted another over, so that energy is great to see from someone just coming in. The boys loved him, loved everything that he brought.

"I hope that's a good sign to come for the next few games."

Afridi is getting acclimatised to English conditions in more ways than one.

"Last week I felt cold, but it's really good for me here. I spent time with my cousin and friends and my team-mates as well in the first game and we really enjoyed that time."

Afridi's time in England will take him around the country but there is one location that counts above any other, as far as he is concerned.

"Lord's is the one ground I like. Everything comes second after Lord's."

© 2022 AFP

Debut
    Apr 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan paceman Shaheen Shah Afridi says he will be living a dream when he makes his Middlesex home debut at Lord's on Thursday.

The towering left-arm quick has signed to play for the English county club, based at the London ground -- the game's spiritual home.

"It's every cricketer's dream to come here and play at the home of cricket," Afridi told reporters at Lord's on Wednesday ahead of Middlesex's match against Leicestershire.

Afridi has already starred at the ground, taking 6-35 against Bangladesh during a 50-over 2019 World Cup match.

"Now I want to take 10 (wickets in an innings)," he said with a smile.

"When you play for your country you always feel proud and that came against Bangladesh so it was a good game for me as well.

"As a youngster, you're playing in a World Cup game and you take six wickets so yes, it's a big high for me and one of the best memories for me."

Rising star

Afridi, one of the rising stars of world cricket, with 95 wickets in 24 Tests at an average of 25, is set to play his maiden first-class match at Lord's, having made his Middlesex debut away to Glamorgan last week.

Middlesex, who play in the second division of the County Championship, won that match by an innings and 82 runs, with 22-year-old Afridi taking four wickets.

"The first game, everywhere you go, is crucial," said the paceman, who twice dismissed Australian Test star Marnus Labuschagne in the match -- after taking his wicket three times in the recent Test series between Australia and Pakistan.

Afridi's captain at Middlesex is another Australia batsman in Peter Handscomb.

"It's nice being on this side, definitely," said Handscomb, 31, who last played Test cricket in 2019.

"Not so nice in the nets, but out in the middle it's nice having him on your team.

"That first game, the energy he had running in, the pace on the ball.

"He always wanted another over, so that energy is great to see from someone just coming in. The boys loved him, loved everything that he brought.

"I hope that's a good sign to come for the next few games."

Afridi is getting acclimatised to English conditions in more ways than one.

"Last week I felt cold, but it's really good for me here. I spent time with my cousin and friends and my team-mates as well in the first game and we really enjoyed that time."

Afridi's time in England will take him around the country but there is one location that counts above any other, as far as he is concerned.

"Lord's is the one ground I like. Everything comes second after Lord's."

© 2022 AFP
    Watching Shaheen bowl at Lord's is gonna be a treat.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On fire, taking all 3 wickets this morning against Leicestershire, reducing them to 39 for 3! Looks like a race with Rauf this see who can do the most damage today...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    3/16 so far

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen 3/54, Leics bowled out for 149

Name:  7d409716-ebba-4dd8-99bb-a9c06631f2c8 (1).jpg
Views: 1667
Size:  88.5 KBName:  0343f6cc-c0db-4bbc-b5c7-d367854b7b8d (1).jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  96.3 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 28th April 2022 at 21:49.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good start here. Hoping he can develop that inswinger a bit more

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen should be resting he's to good in English conditions.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen should be dominating county circuit its been an average start by him

However this was just his 7th fc game ever barring the tests he has played so any 4 day cricket he plays at this stage the better for him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Middlesex captain Peter Handscomb on Shaheen:"It does help [to have] Shaheen Afridi coming in as the No. 1 bowler in the world – that lifts everyone, he brings something different that we don’t have which is incredible"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen bowling at the moment as Sussex won the toss and decided to bat

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 wicket so far for Shaheen. Lets see how Rizwan and Pujara fair against him.

Aanay do!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding delivery! Too good!

Aanay do!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why does no one in Pakistan cricket have a brain.

Shaheen is Pakistan's biggest asset right now, with a long career ahead of him.

Yet he's here in county cricket on a flat wicket on day 1 being bowled for 22 overs - more than anyone else. Why are the PCB not monitoring this? Its good for him to play county for his development but there should be rules.

Bowling 22 overs on day 1 is not suitable.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen ends up on 3/97 as Sussex bowled out for 392

Last edited by MenInG; 6th May 2022 at 16:48.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful sight for any fast bowler.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-05-06 at 12.38.45 PM.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  33.3 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hope Shaheen uses this experience to grow as an individual too not just growing as a red ball bowler. Don't just hang out with your national teammates, learn from different cultures and environments.

Wasim has said his stint at Lancashire helped turned him from a shy Lahori boy to a confident, well groomed personality.

In a few years time, fitness and form permitting he may well lead Pakistan on the international stage.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not happy with his returns he should be dominating at this level yet getting outperformed by both Hassan and Abbas.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Run out for 18

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen gets a wicket - Ali Orr edges behind second ball for 0!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Battle continues

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

He should have said 'fantastic tea' to add some spice in that tweet. He would have got more likes and shares too.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara with an authoritative ton. The guy who couldn't buy a run in Ranji cricket.

Shocking performance from Shaheen and once again county cricket shown up for its village quality.

I will back any random IPL reservist to own these dobbers.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen has been very poor to be honest I fear he will never be a sub 25 averaging bowler.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Shah is terrific in his first 5 overs. But after that he turns into a bang average bowler. Seen this in T20s and test matches as well. I wonder if he has fitness issues or lacks stamina to bowl long spells

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    SSA not playing in tomorrows game

Middlesex name the following thirteen-man squad for this week's clash:

Peter Handscomb (captain)
    Martin Andersson
    Ethan Bamber
    Blake Cullen
    Jack Davies
    Josh De Caires
    Max Holden
    Luke Hollman
    Tim Murtagh
    Sam Robson
    Toby Roland-Jones
    John Simpson (wk)
    Mark Stoneman

Shaheen Shah Afridi is rested for this match, having played in each of the last three games

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SHAHEEN SHAH AFRIDI TO RETURN HOME AHEAD OF PAKISTAN SERIES AGAINST THE WEST INDIES

Middlesex Cricket can today confirm that overseas player Shaheen Shah Afridi will return home to Pakistan immediately ahead of his country’s white-ball series against the West Indies in June.

Shaheen was due to leave Middlesex in early June to prepare for his country’s bi-lateral series against the West Indies, however after speaking with Shaheen this week, the Club are fully supportive of his desire to return home immediately to rest and spend time with family and friends ahead of his international commitments commencing.

Shaheen is scheduled to return to Middlesex upon completion of the international series to represent the Club in the latter stages of the Vitality Blast competition.

Speaking of Shaheen’s immediate departure, Alan Coleman, Middlesex Cricket’s Head of Men’s Performance Cricket, commented:

“We have thoroughly enjoyed having Shaheen here with us at Lord’s for the last month. He has settled into the group really well and has been a real asset for us on the field. It has been a pleasure working with him.

“Shaheen has played international cricket in all three forms of the game already this year and came to Middlesex off the back of a busy playing schedule, so we are fully understanding and supportive of his request to go home and recharge ahead of him representing his country.

“We look forward to his return in late June, when we hope he will be in a position to make an impactful return to us and help us in our Vitality Blast campaign.”

https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/20...he-west-indies
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th May 2022 at 22:56.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Strange that Hassan and Haris not called back for same reason?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen released early? Bit of a shame that.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Players sign County deals, then go home early. Not great this. Doesn't reflect well on Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Players sign County deals, then go home early. Not great this. Doesn't reflect well on Pakistan cricket.
    Surely there are some contractual restrictions on this?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unprofessional if he has just decided to up sticks and leave without a valid reason.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Very unprofessional if he has just decided to up sticks and leave without a valid reason.
    Isn't it related to the pre camp for the next series which is coming up ?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy that Shaheen is being made to come back he can have a small rest now.