Chennai Super Kings (192/3) defeat Kolkata Knight Riders (165/9) by 27 runs in the IPL final


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 61 of 61
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    4,065
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Chennai Super Kings (192/3) defeat Kolkata Knight Riders (165/9) by 27 runs in the IPL final

    Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
    Time : 2:00 PM GMT, 6:00 PM LOCAL, 7:30 PM IST

    Squad :

    Chennai Super Kings Squad: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Robin Uthappa, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Dwayne Bravo, Deepak Chahar, Josh Hazlewood, Suresh Raina, Cheteshwar Pujara, Karn Sharma, Imran Tahir, Jason Behrendorff, Krishnappa Gowtham, Lungi Ngidi, Mitchell Santner, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Hari Nishanth, N Jagadeesan, KM Asif, Harishankar Reddy, Dominic Drakes, Bhagath Varma

    Kolkata Knight Riders Squad: Shubman Gill, Venkatesh Iyer, Nitish Rana, Rahul Tripathi, Dinesh Karthik(w), Eoin Morgan(c), Shakib Al Hasan, Sunil Narine, Lockie Ferguson, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakaravarthy, Andre Russell, Harbhajan Singh, Tim Southee, Ben Cutting, Karun Nair, Pawan Negi, Kuldeep Yadav, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Sheldon Jackson, Sandeep Warrier, Tim Seifert, Prasidh Krishna, Rinku Singh, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Vaibhav Arora

    ==
    All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

    1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

    2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

    3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

    4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

    5. Report abuse. If you see any post which is inappropriate, report it. Do not respond to it.
    ==

    Current standings

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,988
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    So a MSD lifting the trophy and then riding off into the sunset would be a fairytale!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,988
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ramiz Raja has been invited to watch the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly.

    However, Raja won’t be attending the final according to sources.

    The invitation was extended on the sidelines of the Asian Cricket Council’s Executive Board meeting on Friday.

    The final of the cash-rich league, between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, will take place today at the Dubai International Stadium.

    Ganguly and Raja also discussed areas of mutual interest, during the informal meeting, which included strengthening of Asian block.

    It must be noted that Pakistan will take on India in the upcoming T20 World Cup on October 24 in Dubai.

    The last time India and Pakistan played a bilateral series was back in 2012, when the former hosted the Men in Green for a limited-overs series — which had two Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) and three One-day International (ODIs).

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...ipl-2021-final


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,988
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kolkata Knight Riders have won the toss and have opted to field

    Kolkata Knight Riders (Playing XI): Shubman Gill, Venkatesh Iyer, Nitish Rana, Rahul Tripathi, Dinesh Karthik(w), Eoin Morgan(c), Shakib Al Hasan, Sunil Narine, Lockie Ferguson, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakaravarthy

    Chennai Super Kings (Playing XI): Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Robin Uthappa, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(w/c), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Dwayne Bravo, Deepak Chahar, Josh Hazlewood
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th October 2021 at 20:04.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,373
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CSK made it to the Final again. Nice. I think they will win.


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    17,045
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSK should win. They are the better team on paper.


    Bangladeshi Man

  8. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Varun Chakravarthy is the worst fielder in IPL.. Even Gayle/Tahir look like Jondy Rhodes in front of him..

  9. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    17,045
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow start from CSK.

    9-0 after 2 overs.


    Bangladeshi Man

  10. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    17,045
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed stumping opportunity from DK.

    How costly will it be?


    Bangladeshi Man

  11. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    17,045
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gaikwad seems like a good find.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 15th October 2021 at 20:49.


    Bangladeshi Man

  12. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,723
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    CSK knows how to play in finals (Only MI can get better of them). I think Management/Coach plays a crucial role in getting players to right mindset before the game. Other teams (like RCB for e.g.) are more inclined towards branding, glamor & commercial aspects of the game!

  13. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,708
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant believe FAF is not in the SA t20 squad, coming to the party today

  14. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,708
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting that simon doull is spending a lot of time criticizing Dinesh Karthik at every free moment, they spent the summer together commentating for SKY UK so would have thought he would have taken it easy on him, unless they have an issue.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,104
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    CSK are winning this. Any target over 170 and Gill will struggle to keep up with the scoring rate. KKR batting has depth but not enough to chase 175+.

  16. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,708
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robbie rolling back the years

  17. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    interesting that simon doull is spending a lot of time criticizing Dinesh Karthik at every free moment, they spent the summer together commentating for SKY UK so would have thought he would have taken it easy on him, unless they have an issue.
    That's what a professional does. DK is having a bad night behind stumps so commentary should reflect that.

  18. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,708
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    That's what a professional does. DK is having a bad night behind stumps so commentary should reflect that.
    this is not the first time, has happened 3 games in a row now, and even his co commentators picked up on it.

  19. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    2,532
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So is it true that rameez was invited by Ganguly for final?
    Seems he didn't attended as the camera man just shown Saurav with his colleagues.

  20. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My man Ferguson taken to cleaners today

  21. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    9 more runs Faf will take orange cap from Gaikwad..


  22. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Was in the slot in last ball but Ali go for a single.., keeping off strike Faf..

  23. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    9 more runs Faf will take orange cap from Gaikwad..
    And Faf miss orange cap by 2 run..

  24. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Venkatesh Iyer should replace Shreyas Iyer in the world cup squad.

  25. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ramiz Raja has been invited to watch the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly.

    However, Raja won’t be attending the final according to sources.

    The invitation was extended on the sidelines of the Asian Cricket Council’s Executive Board meeting on Friday.

    The final of the cash-rich league, between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, will take place today at the Dubai International Stadium.

    Ganguly and Raja also discussed areas of mutual interest, during the informal meeting, which included strengthening of Asian block.

    It must be noted that Pakistan will take on India in the upcoming T20 World Cup on October 24 in Dubai.

    The last time India and Pakistan played a bilateral series was back in 2012, when the former hosted the Men in Green for a limited-overs series — which had two Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) and three One-day International (ODIs).

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...ipl-2021-final
    Good stuff, communication between the two boards is quite necessary.

    I think Ramiz is quite level-headed, and perhaps BCCI has taken note of that as well.

    Unlike previous administrations, Ramiz should make sure that he maintains a good relationship with the BCCI and avoids making pointless statements against them.

    Pakistan must give a good performance in this WC to incentivize the prospects of having bilateral, though it seems unlikely.

    I do remember when we won the CT17, there was a lot of anticipation for the Asia Cup game, pressure by Indian fans to prove that it was not going to happen again. If Pakistan can instigate a similar response, it might be a good way to get a bilateral series at a neutral venue into the mix, especially since both teams won't meet again until Asia Cup or in a WC.

  26. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dhoni dropped it for CSK.

  27. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    85,844
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Catch by the CSK fielder but it's a dead ball as the ball hit spider-cam.

    Won't see that happen too often.



  28. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Wow that is the biggest luck I ever seen.. Gill saved by spider camp cable..

  29. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lord Thakur strike twice in an over to bring back CSK in the game..

  30. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    CSK are winning this. Any target over 170 and Gill will struggle to keep up with the scoring rate. KKR batting has depth but not enough to chase 175+.
    How right you was. Gill what a disappointment

  31. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Wow that is the biggest luck I ever seen.. Gill saved by spider camp cable..
    Maybe CSK saved by the cable.

    Come on Morgan play a special innings

  32. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shubnam Gill losing this game. Reminds me of Misbahs innings many times.
    KKR should been 10-15 runs more if it wasn't of his poor innings in context of game. Come on Gill do something

  33. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And now Gill is out after losing the game. What a poor innings it was cost KKR.

  34. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,569
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrible innings by Gill ends.

  35. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    580
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Karthik first ball six. Only if Gill got out early.

  36. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,569
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone remind Harsha he is commentating in English and not in Hindi.

  37. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,099
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Shakib is still an all-rounder these days or just a left arm spinner?

  38. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Master mind Dhoni one last 👊 punch. May be CSK got this in bag. Unless Morgan special

  39. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol lord thakur once again win it for csk

  40. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    8,336
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hazelwood bowling to Morgan with championship on the line. That's top class international cricket

  41. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    3,256
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am quite perplexed as to how a team consists of retired players like Dhoni, Raina, Faf, Rayudu, Uthappa, Bravo etc. win a tournament like IPL against best current T20 players in the world?

    Either Dhoni is indeed a magician or something else at play here.

  42. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    1,224
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was always going to he CSKs cup, with Dhoni probably retiring from IPL. BCCI owed this to Dhoni, considering the service he has given in past.

  43. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    1,224
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    I am quite perplexed as to how a team consists of retired players like Dhoni, Raina, Faf, Rayudu, Uthappa, Bravo etc. win a tournament like IPL against best current T20 players in the world?

    Either Dhoni is indeed a magician or something else at play here.
    Token of love to Thalaiva for 2 World cups and CT.

  44. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSD does it again.

  45. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,104
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    9 IPL trophies shared between Mumbai and Chennai now.

    2 for Kolkata and Hyderabad each.

    1 for Rajasthan Royals while Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings and Delhi Capitals could only won a lot of hearts!

  46. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhan12 View Post
    Shubnam Gill losing this game. Reminds me of Misbahs innings many times.
    KKR should been 10-15 runs more if it wasn't of his poor innings in context of game. Come on Gill do something
    In hindsight that dead ball which Gill caught by Raydu saved csk :p

  47. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,097
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    9 IPL trophies shared between Mumbai and Chennai now.

    2 for Kolkata and Hyderabad each.

    1 for Rajasthan Royals while Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings and Delhi Capitals could only won a lot of hearts!
    RCB is good only for chanting Ee Sala Cup Namde

  48. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,104
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    RCB is good only for chanting Ee Sala Cup Namde
    This year SRH were ranked 8th though and their captain was embarassed, humiliated and ultimately sacked by team management.

    This never happened with RCB's captain

  49. #48
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    28,300
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    RCB is good only for chanting Ee Sala Cup Namde
    😂 happy to see them say that ever year, 😂

  50. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    RCB is good only for chanting Ee Sala Cup Namde

  51. #50
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,780
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ramiz Raja has been invited to watch the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly.

    However, Raja won’t be attending the final according to sources.

    The invitation was extended on the sidelines of the Asian Cricket Council’s Executive Board meeting on Friday.

    The final of the cash-rich league, between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings, will take place today at the Dubai International Stadium.

    Ganguly and Raja also discussed areas of mutual interest, during the informal meeting, which included strengthening of Asian block.

    It must be noted that Pakistan will take on India in the upcoming T20 World Cup on October 24 in Dubai.

    The last time India and Pakistan played a bilateral series was back in 2012, when the former hosted the Men in Green for a limited-overs series — which had two Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) and three One-day International (ODIs).

    https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...ipl-2021-final
    Refreshing but surprising news. Why the change in stance from BCCI? And why didn't RR attend?

  52. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    17,045
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, CSK.

    I expected them to win it. They were the better team.


    Bangladeshi Man

  53. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    732
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Refreshing but surprising news. Why the change in stance from BCCI? And why didn't RR attend?
    Proud Pakistanis cannot accept invitations from India

  54. #53
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,780
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahee View Post
    Proud Pakistanis cannot accept invitations from India
    I think an Indian should be last person to call others proud tbh. Also, Ramiz has always been an advocate of good relations with India unlike his Indian counterparts. So, there must be a reason

  55. #54
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,943
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I think an Indian should be last person to call others proud tbh. Also, Ramiz has always been an advocate of good relations with India unlike his Indian counterparts. So, there must be a reason
    The reason is called dignity. I'd have been embarrassed, even as an Indian fan, if Ramiz turned up to watch a tournament where his team doesn't get to play.

  56. #55
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,780
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    The reason is called dignity. I'd have been embarrassed, even as an Indian fan, if Ramiz turned up to watch a tournament where his team doesn't get to play.
    I am not saying he should have gone, but given that PCB historically has wanted relationship to be restored, it wouldn't have surprised me if he had gone. But yeah, if what you say is what it is, it makes sense

  57. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    3,943
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    �� happy to see them say that ever year, ��
    My city fans act like minnows. This is the kind of chant you expect from a minnow team which they kind of are. Glad I stopped following IPL a while back.

  58. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    24,343
    Mentioned
    1075 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Chennai Super Kings (192/3) defeat Kolkata Knight Riders (165/9) by 27 runs in the IPL final

    Chennai were the better side on papers, but I was feeling incredibly nervous at the half-way stage of Kolkata´s innings because, had Chennai lost the match, all the blame would´ve then lain on Dhoni for dropping that dolly of a catch of Iyer. However, in the end, he was bailed out by his bowlers and also the highly incapable middle and lower-order of Kolkata - possibly the worst in the tournament. They missed Russell big time, no doubt about that! Anyway, as things turned out in the end, a lot of the blame of their loss now lies with Karthik for missing du Plessis´ stumping. Hah´, it was not a good day for wicket-keepers, was it?

    Four IPL trophies in the bag and counting - hopefully!


    "It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

  59. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    4,065
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  60. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,386
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    This year SRH were ranked 8th though and their captain was embarassed, humiliated and ultimately sacked by team management.

    This never happened with RCB's captain
    SRH have good cricketing sense of when to cut loose a non-performing asset.

    RCB indulge in good old indian tradition of overindulging a fading star

  61. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    29,941
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate that KKR didn’t win it but CSK played well and it’s a nice send off for Dhoni

  62. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,104
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    SRH have good cricketing sense of when to cut loose a non-performing asset.

    RCB indulge in good old indian tradition of overindulging a fading star
    I would say it is more to do with the star power of the man in question.

    SRH won't have asked Kohli to resign as captain as early as they did with Warner. Like RCB, they too would have prioritised the brand power that Kohli brings over the trophy winning ability of Warner.

    Given that VK is the face of Indian cricket, it was never really feasible for RCB or even any other IPL team to sack Kohli the captain or even ask him to resign from RCB captaincy as long as he is performing with bat and maintaining a decentish strike rate over 130. Once that performance went below par over last two seasons, here they are all set for a new captain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •