"For us its just a game of cricket that has to played in the right way" : Virat Kohli

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

"For us its just a game of cricket that has to played in the right way" : Virat Kohli

VK on India-Pakistan group clash on 24th October

"I can tell you from a personal experience that I have always approached this game as just another game of cricket. I know there is a lot of hype created around this game, more so to do with ticket sales and the demand for those tickets. Right now the value of those tickets is ridiculously high. That's all I know - my friends are asking me for tickets left right and center and I am saying no. That's the only change (difference) that I have experienced from any other game"

"But apart from that, I don't think we make anything extra out of this game, for us its just a game of cricket that has to played in the right way, in the way we can.

"Yes, the environment you can say is different on the outside from the fans point of view, its definitely louder, there is definitely more excitement in the air but from the players point of view we stay as professional as we can and always approach this game in the most normal way possible"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And now compare this statement with what Abar Azam said.

Mature statement by Kohli

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli’s friends are pestering him for tickets but Indian fans here say it’s just another game for them

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Kohli’s friends are pestering him for tickets but Indian fans here say it’s just another game for them
    Every cricket game is just another game - but the crowd will always fill up if India are playing.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    And now compare this statement with what Abar Azam said.

Mature statement by Kohli
    Yep!
    I ve gotta give it to India.
    Almost all of the time their captains (Dhoni in the past and now Kohli) have issued a mature, sensible and realistic statements before an India Pak clash in the WC tournaments.

On the other hand, not only the captain but many of Pakistani players have issued rudimentary, immature and laughable statements, that became embarrassing after Pak lost the games.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Every cricket game is just another game - but the crowd will always fill up if India are playing.
    For the players its another game, but for the fans its not. It s a match with annintense rivalry, and no an india vs afg or nz match wont have th same fan vibe as an india vs pak match.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Entebbe, Uganda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is because there is no Indian Pakistan bilaterals.

The day bilateral matches resume, the ICC clash will become yet another game.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_thrills View Post
    This is because there is no Indian Pakistan bilaterals.

The day bilateral matches resume, the ICC clash will become yet another game.
    It wasn't yet another game in 1992/1996/1999 when we were playing endless Sharjah games, nor was it in the 2004 CT or 2007 World T20 when there was a similar glut of games between the two teams.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I guess Kohli’s friends are calling him left right and Center for the match against Afghanistan as well

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Yep!
    I ve gotta give it to India.
    Almost all of the time their captains (Dhoni in the past and now Kohli) have issued a mature, sensible and realistic statements before an India Pak clash in the WC tournaments.

On the other hand, not only the captain but many of Pakistani players have issued rudimentary, immature and laughable statements, that became embarrassing after Pak lost the games.
    The captains will give sensible statements, but Indian Media will do not.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Liked Kohli's answer - did not talk about tactics/players etc - kept it generic.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a battle of nerves.

The side that goes about the basics right is always the side that wins in Pakistan-India encounters.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Our players tend to get under pressure when playing against India.

I recall being at Old Trafford in 2019 and the Indian players were having a laugh and a joke with each other before play, whereas the Pakistani players looked petrified.

Hopefully this time the preparation will be better and the Pakistani players won't be as nervous.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

I recall being at Old Trafford in 2019 and the Indian players were having a laugh and a joke with each other before play, whereas the Pakistani players looked petrified.

Hopefully this time the preparation will be better and the Pakistani players won't be as nervous.
    Complete opposite of what used to happen in 80s 90s and early 2000s. Pakistani players were confident flamboyant and strong. The insecurity that has creeped into players these days is mainly due to Pakistan cricket isolation and money.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRfaN_LA View Post
    Complete opposite of what used to happen in 80s 90s and early 2000s. Pakistani players were confident flamboyant and strong. The insecurity that has creeped into players these days is mainly due to Pakistan cricket isolation and money.
    If only they had won a single WC game in those years with said bravado and flamboyance, the streak wouldn't exist.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah every game is just another game for this Indian team except an ICC knockout where they lose their heads under even slight duress.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRfaN_LA View Post
    Very true.

Many of the Pakistani players had a swagger when they played against India and they were in the face of the opposition and full of confidence, but now it's the complete opposite.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly we can't blame them though, can we?

Even before stepping onto the field, they know there's 85% chance of them ending up on the losing side even if they play close their absolute best due to the sheer gap in skillset between the two sides. And they also know they'll be castigated and ridiculed to no ends by their media, former players and millions & millions of passionate supporters once that happens.

They have/had every reason to be petrified. I mean any would...
    Last edited by Mesozoic; 16th October 2021 at 22:18.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He literally said that the only difference I've felt from any other game. Just accept facts and move on bud

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only they had won a single WC game in those years with said bravado and flamboyance, the streak wouldn't exist.
    India won how many WCs during that time? One. Pakistan won how many WCs during that time? One. So, "the streak" is pretty meaningless tbh.

Also, I don't think the poster is talking just about WCs.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    It's a battle of nerves.

The side that goes about the basics right is always the side that wins in Pakistan-India encounters.
    Over the last 10 years or so, there has also been a huge skill and talent gap.

Hardly 1-2 Pakistani players will get into the Indian team, and some of the Indian reserves would be superstars in Pakistan.

Pakistan’s only chance of beating India these days is to produce its A game and also catch India on an off-day like the CT final.

If both India and Pakistan put their best foot forward, a resounding Indian win is the only outcome.

They are far, far better than us in all three departments. In addition, their mentality is at a different level as well.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    SanFrancisco/Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep!
    What happened to that Pakistani bowler who few years back said something like "Kohli, who?"
    Last edited by prakash; 16th October 2021 at 23:32.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prakash View Post
    What happened to that Pakistani bowler who few years back said something like "Kohli, who?"
    To his credit, he walked the talk because he took a 5-fer against India in the 2015 World Cup. He also got Kohli out, although he had scored a century already.

Sohail was a handy cricketer who was underutilized by PCB. His prime years were wasted and he is still playing domestic cricket but is not fit or young enough for international cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is a battle hardened side - they face top ranked opponents almost every other day in one form or another & even their IPL players know how to absorb the pressure of a big game. Pak players & officials on the other hand tend to overhype the game & bring additional pressure on themselves. From Ramiz’s ‘we will get blank check if Pak defeats India’ to Babar’s ‘we want to get into winning momentum after defeating India’ (thanks, Captain obvious!), it seems their entire focus is on one match, not the tournament.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Hardly 1-2 Pakistani players will get into the Indian team, and some of the Indian reserves would be superstars in Pakistan.

Pakistan’s only chance of beating India these days is to produce its A game and also catch India on an off-day like the CT final.

If both India and Pakistan put their best foot forward, a resounding Indian win is the only outcome.

They are far, far better than us in all three departments. In addition, their mentality is at a different level as well.
    True, but I have seen equally mediocre Pakistan teams still upset India.

Cricket has been adopted as being a team sport by all playing nations, but we are sadly the only nation that is focused on individual performances.

I agree completely; the CT17 was based on a total brain-fade by the entire Indian team and some good bowling by Mohammad Amir. The rest of our bowlers were bowling in a mediocre fashion as Hardik Pandya showed by bashing the daylights out of our spinners. Yes, I will still give credit to Pakistan for winning and being sharper than India on the day, but if you put both teams in a 10 game series right now, I don't see Pakistan winning more than 3 games.

Yes, I agree that if both teams play on their A-game, India has the ability to bulldoze through teams even stronger than Pakistan.

I respect the winning mentality and aggression that Indian players demonstrate; their drive to be the best is visible not only in their performances but in the way they present themselves and act outside of cricket as well.

But I do believe that pressure is the hot flame that can mold teams into better variants of themselves, or it can burn them clean through.

India has become stronger by playing in much greater pressure situations, Pakistan, unfortunately, has been burned clean through most times.

As I said, I don't expect a win from Pakistan on October 24th though I will certainly be hoping for one, and will be supporting the team. I will be more than content if Pakistan puts up some fight because we've been playing like fish out of the water against India in recent times.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To his credit, he walked the talk because he took a 5-fer against India in the 2015 World Cup. He also got Kohli out, although he had scored a century already.

Sohail was a handy cricketer who was underutilized by PCB. His prime years were wasted and he is still playing domestic cricket but is not fit or young enough for international cricket.
    He was a good bowler and shouldnhad played in australia. Too bad misbah gave in to the media and fan pressure

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but I have seen equally mediocre Pakistan teams still upset India.

Cricket has been adopted as being a team sport by all playing nations, but we are sadly the only nation that is focused on individual performances.

I agree completely; the CT17 was based on a total brain-fade by the entire Indian team and some good bowling by Mohammad Amir. The rest of our bowlers were bowling in a mediocre fashion as Hardik Pandya showed by bashing the daylights out of our spinners. Yes, I will still give credit to Pakistan for winning and being sharper than India on the day, but if you put both teams in a 10 game series right now, I don't see Pakistan winning more than 3 games.

Yes, I agree that if both teams play on their A-game, India has the ability to bulldoze through teams even stronger than Pakistan.

I respect the winning mentality and aggression that Indian players demonstrate; their drive to be the best is visible not only in their performances but in the way they present themselves and act outside of cricket as well.

But I do believe that pressure is the hot flame that can mold teams into better variants of themselves, or it can burn them clean through.

India has become stronger by playing in much greater pressure situations, Pakistan, unfortunately, has been burned clean through most times.

As I said, I don't expect a win from Pakistan on October 24th though I will certainly be hoping for one, and will be supporting the team. I will be more than content if Pakistan puts up some fight because we've been playing like fish out of the water against India in recent times.
    One of the worst performances was 2016 WC match. I mean it was total embarrassment in the name of all great Pakistan victories against India.

If Pakistan puts up 170+ against India, then we might have a game and could put India under pressure, looks like Under Kohli team is look little jitter, plus RCB outings might be playing on his head.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    India is a battle hardened side - they face top ranked opponents almost every other day in one form or another & even their IPL players know how to absorb the pressure of a big game. Pak players & officials on the other hand tend to overhype the game & bring additional pressure on themselves. From Ramiz’s ‘we will get blank check if Pak defeats India’ to Babar’s ‘we want to get into winning momentum after defeating India’ (thanks, Captain obvious!), it seems their entire focus is on one match, not the tournament.
    Don’t Forget winning this game means we will be in semis, its a massive game.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    To be honest, Babar's comment was pretty level headed - applies to every opponent

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prakash View Post
    Yeah that was Sohail Khan.
    At delivering the ball he would yelp as if he is collecting all the possible left over energy from his rear end to generate pace - you would think it will be a 160 kph ball, but his bowled slower than an off spinner.

We also had another incident, it was Umer Gul, who said before the game that he was going to target Sehwag and make him pee in his pants or something ... and then we saw how was taken to the cleaners?

Shoaib Akhtar and Afridi also made sure to become a laughing stock with such pre-match statements against India.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Jersey, NJ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At delivering the ball he would yelp as if he is collecting all the possible left over energy from his rear end to generate pace - you would think it will be a 160 kph ball, but his bowled slower than an off spinner.

We also had another incident, it was Umer Gul, who said before the game that he was going to target Sehwag and make him pee in his pants or something ... and then we saw how was taken to the cleaners?

Shoaib Akhtar and Afridi also made sure to become a laughing stock with such pre-match statements against India.
    Yeah Sohail Khan was way past it but didn’t he get a 5fer against India? Lmao

As for Shoaib he got the better of India in the biggest of games more than once in the most hostile of environments

Afridi bossed India with the bat many times overs and I bet ganguly is still arguing he didn’t get bowled in Bangalore

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they know it will satisfy Pak fans so much that all other losses wont matter

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13-0 in ICC games ?
    Get ready for a spanking, Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gul never said that bro

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the crowd will be 3 times as big when Pakistan and India play.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yeah I guess Kohli’s friends are calling him left right and Center for the match against Afghanistan as well
    Of course they are. He's the Indian captain - who better to get assured tickets from for an India WC game?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    But the crowd will be 3 times as big when Pakistan and India play.
    All Indian matches will be full regardless of opponent.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Indian matches will be full regardless of opponent.
    I agree but placers like England it will be atleast double.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    One of the worst performances was 2016 WC match. I mean it was total embarrassment in the name of all great Pakistan victories against India.

If Pakistan puts up 170+ against India, then we might have a game and could put India under pressure, looks like Under Kohli team is look little jitter, plus RCB outings might be playing on his head.
    I agree, 2016 was a disappointment of a campaign.

I'll say this: start the tournament well and you have a much greater chance of qualification.

Teams that qualify early have the luxury of observing the state of affairs and making sure that they are well-rested for their next encounter.

Additionally, we need to make sure our bowlers are used in the correct manner.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so funny to read. Can't help but think about the Mauka Mauka ad and how you've become so used to losing lol.
    Last edited by TNAmarkFromIndia; 17th October 2021 at 14:16.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    This is so funny to read. Can't help but think about the Mauka Mauka ad and how you've become so used to losing lol.
    Couldn't care less about Mauka Mauka, saw the ad for the first time just a few days ago.

It's a marketing gimmick.

What I wrote there is the truth: with the luxury of the IPL and very competitive series against the top-ranked teams in the world, India has learned to absorb pressure much better than the rest.

The super-overs against New Zealand, the low-scoring thrillers in the IPL, and much more evidence is already there.

The thing with Pakistan is the lack of planning and the fact that we don't learn from our mistakes.

Each and every year, this encounter is hyped up by the Pakistan captain and by the players, and each and every year, they get a befitting reply from the Indian team.

You need to watch both teams to see the difference in mindset and attitude. Where Pakistan is content with doing a good job, India is not.

Once you get the right leader to instill the right winning mindset, you can really see big changes in the way the game is played.

After Imran Khan, Pakistan Cricket has never had a good captain.

After Kapil Dev, India had guys like Ganguly, Dhoni, and now Kohli.

The record in WCs between Pakistan and India speaks for itself: it's 12-0 to India if I'm not mistaken. In a lot of those encounters, I won't even be lying if I say Pakistan had much stronger outfits that should have at least put up a fight, but that was not the case.

This is, however, the strongest Pakistan T20 team, but at the same time, it is India's strongest team as well.

The head-to-head record speaks for itself, and I know most Pakistani fans will be supporting the team and hoping for the win, but will keep that head-to-head record in the back of their minds come October 24th.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I agree, 2016 was a disappointment of a campaign.

I'll say this: start the tournament well and you have a much greater chance of qualification.

Teams that qualify early have the luxury of observing the state of affairs and making sure that they are well-rested for their next encounter.

Additionally, we need to make sure our bowlers are used in the correct manner.
    On the other hand, there is also the phenomenon of "peaking too early".

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, there is also the phenomenon of "peaking too early".
    We play weaker teams in the later half.

There's no point saving your best for the weakest teams, at least in my opinion.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly what he said, that while for them it is just another game, for fans and outsiders it is a bigger deal. Lol why is it hard to accept? India don't really go into Pakistan game anymore thinking it is do or die? We may lose, but for fans its going to be a bigger deal than for players, for Kohli & co. even if they lose the opener, it will be like any other loss and they'll move onto winning the rest to qualify further.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be another one sided win to India.

Better than pak in batting, bowling and fielding.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Gul never said that bro
    It was something along those line. I guess it was 2011 WC Semi when that pre-match bag punching was done and it backfired.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    That is exactly what he said, that while for them it is just another game, for fans and outsiders it is a bigger deal. Lol why is it hard to accept? India don't really go into Pakistan game anymore thinking it is do or die? We may lose, but for fans its going to be a bigger deal than for players, for Kohli & co. even if they lose the opener, it will be like any other loss and they'll move onto winning the rest to qualify further.
    Well that's the same for any team. Pakistan lost the CT opener against Indian players went on to win the tournament at a canter giving India a missive hiding the kind you do not expect Pakistan to give out to even Afghanistan these days.

Not sure what your point is? Indian fans will always be among the most fanatics of the game heck the day may not be far when India is the only country with any sort of cricket fans left lol

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure what your point is? It deosnt even make sense. If a bowler has a good say say from Pakistan side it will break the back of India like it happened in CT final?

I am not sure your statement make any sense its cricket not chess

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed. Although perhaps the gap is not as wide now with Dhoni gone and Kohli fading. They got players that can absolutely knock us out off the park but they can also blow cold. Babar, Fakhar, Shaheen, and perhaps Hasan have narrowed the gap a little bit. They are not as good as their Indian counter parts but we can catch them like how we have caught England a few times in T20s. Odds are that they will win though.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Not sure what your point is? It deosnt even make sense. If a bowler has a good say say from Pakistan side it will break the back of India like it happened in CT final?

No Pakistan bowler is breaking India's back unless it's an ICC final/semifinal where India usually self implode against any half decent bowling attack.

Yes, to their credit they bowled well on that day but it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a functioning brain cell that it was the pressure of an ICC final that did more than half the job for Pakistan. So your statement has no worth in this context...

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    No Pakistan bowler is breaking India's back unless it's an ICC final/semifinal where India usually self implode against any half decent bowling attack.

Yes, to their credit they bowled well on that day but it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a functioning brain cell that it was the pressure of an ICC final that did more than half the job for Pakistan. So your statement has no worth in this context...
    We will see about who performs better on the day. I was merely referring to the poster who did not make any sense at all. If the two teams play well it usually mean a great game which can go either way. But If one team / players has a bingo day then that usually his team wins.

As its only T20 and this format anything is possible. I dont take this format that seriously although WT20s are fun. Captaincy will make a huge difference in all matches.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Should be a walk in the park for Kohli against Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Should be a walk in the park for Kohli against Pakistan.
    I think Kohli will continue humiliating Pakistan like he did all his career. Massive humiliation coming for Pakistani wannabes.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by castortroy View Post
    Will be another one sided win to India.

Better than pak in batting, bowling and fielding.
    In a T20 game, anything is possible. It's better not to assume anything before hand.

The team that keeps its head and plays well on the day will win.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    In a T20 game, anything is possible. It's better not to assume anything before hand.

The team that keeps its head and plays well on the day will win.
    I remember hafeez & Afridi captaining a couple of World Cup games v Ind.. they were literally sweating & shaking at the toss. Pak usually lose the game before even entering the pitch hence the 11-0 or whatever it is.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    I remember hafeez & Afridi captaining a couple of World Cup games v Ind.. they were literally sweating & shaking at the toss. Pak usually lose the game before even entering the pitch hence the 11-0 or whatever it is.
    My father told me body language used to be opposite in 80s and early 90s. Pak players used to be relaxed and confident while our Indian players used to be tensed.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric_lover4487 View Post
    My father told me body language used to be opposite in 80s and early 90s. Pak players used to be relaxed and confident while our Indian players used to be tensed.

It was mainly Imran, Miandad and the Pak fast bowling attach that would walk around with the swagger and confidence. The likes of Saeed Anwar and Zaheer Abbas used to be more humble and would let their performance do the talking.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    767 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gul never said that bro
    Actually I think Gul did say that. The was even a thread on PP about that .

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope VK & his mates donot get too cool and treat it like some outing in a carnival.
    20-20 is the one format where pak or for that matter afg/nz any one can cull our tall poppies out.
    With the happenings of the near past and the added rambo rants et all - I'd expect Pak to go in all guns blazing with aggro and confidense.
    I just hope our guys have sorted out the combos in the practice games and have got over the IPL hype and hooplah , r switched on cometh game day.
    And yeah...i hope bhuvi does not play. If there is one guy who has blocked the progress of a youngster like mavi/tyagi is this guy, am sure he knows someone high up in the bcci.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are the same guy who said India wouldn’t chase 350 against Zimbabwe in the final of the CT 2017 either

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is just another game and I hope Pakistanis see it that way too. Stop turning this into a war.

I just want to watch quality cricket.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You are the same guy who said India wouldn’t chase 350 against Zimbabwe in the final of the CT 2017 either
    300+ has never been chased in any ICC final of any description.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly we can't blame them though, can we?

Even before stepping onto the field, they know there's 85% chance of them ending up on the losing side even if they play close their absolute best due to the sheer gap in skillset between the two sides. And they also know they'll be castigated and ridiculed to no ends by their media, former players and millions & millions of passionate supporters once that happens.

They have/had every reason to be petrified. I mean any would...
    Naah, not really. How many careers have ended due to losing to India in a WC game? Hardly any that I can recall. Players understand that the reaction might be strong for a couple days and then it'll be business as usual.

85% chance of losing even if they play their absolute best? Lol

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naah, not really. How many careers have ended due to losing to India in a WC game? Hardly any that I can recall. Players understand that the reaction might be strong for a couple days and then it'll be business as usual.

Kohli was part of the team that won a worldcup and beat Pakistan in semis and has singlehandedly stood between India and Pak in T20 encounters.

Kohli was also there when his team took a drubbing in the CT final.

One constant Kohli only got fitter and better and it didn’t really change who Kohli was.

Sarfaraz had all the momentum in the world, pulled off a heist but got fatter, was banned for racial comments, stripped off captaincy, dropped from team on poor form. His path to return excuse is “he won us the CT”.

Sachin won 3 World Cup man of the matches vs Pakistan. That stat is only brought up during India vs Pak debates or anti-sachin posts but neither Sachin spoke of it once nor anyone even remembers that.

Javed Miandad on the other hand is a bonafide legend of the game and has a lot of accomplishments but when you hear him speak the 6 off of Chetan Sharma in Sharjah cup seems to be the only thing that defines his legacy in his own mind.

since you can’t recall thought I can help

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay your point being?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's the same for any team. Pakistan lost the CT opener against Indian players went on to win the tournament at a canter giving India a missive hiding the kind you do not expect Pakistan to give out to even Afghanistan these days.

Not sure what your point is? Indian fans will always be among the most fanatics of the game heck the day may not be far when India is the only country with any sort of cricket fans left lol
    India has a massive fan base - 1 billion plus. But they are no more as fanatical as they used to be in the 90s

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NishanKonar View Post
    India has a massive fan base - 1 billion plus. But they are no more as fanatical as they used to be in the 90s
    They are at least as much fanatical where the fan base in Pakistan has decreased by at least 30%. Most other countries around the world is the same where cricket fans have reduced in the last decade.

India is the only country that is keeping cricket going so fair play to them they deserve all the success they are getting and much more since they have not won an ICC tournament since 10years.

For other countries dont be too picky just be glad they care about cricket at all.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about careers ending. It's about the magnitude of criticism that follows a defeat to your archrival, which is much much higher than they're normally used to. Remember how Sarfraz was abused after Old Trafford 2019? Or Misbah since Mohali?

What's there to lol about? If India and Pakistan both bring their A-game, India will end up winning 4/5 times. You disagree?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

It is not that hard to understand.

Indian players have far more talent and skill than Pakistani players. So if the Indian players play well, Pakistan has no chance of winning the match even if our players play well.

For Pakistan to beat teams like India and England, simply playing well will not suffice. We also need teams like India and England to play well below their capability.

In other words, if both Pakistani and Indian players are in good form, India will win 10/10 times because their players are far better.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reasonable statement from Kohli.

No need to say over the top things.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    VK on India-Pakistan group clash on 24th October

"I can tell you from a personal experience that I have always approached this game as just another game of cricket. I know there is a lot of hype created around this game, more so to do with ticket sales and the demand for those tickets. Right now the value of those tickets is ridiculously high. That's all I know - my friends are asking me for tickets left right and center and I am saying no. That's the only change (difference) that I have experienced from any other game"

"But apart from that, I don't think we make anything extra out of this game, for us its just a game of cricket that has to played in the right way, in the way we can.

"Yes, the environment you can say is different on the outside from the fans point of view, its definitely louder, there is definitely more excitement in the air but from the players point of view we stay as professional as we can and always approach this game in the most normal way possible"
    No, it’s not!
    Who is Kohli kidding with?

But yes, he is shrewd, street smart, and playing the wise card of diplomacy.
    Instead of punching bags, he issued a well weighted diplomatic statement that cannot backfire - I applaud his calm and wise approach here.

Otherwise,
    Fact of the matter is, everyone knows that it’s a HUGE game. The whole cricket world is awaiting and will be watching this game. It’s the first one that got sold out in minutes. Huge bets are placed all over the cricket betting industry.

ICC purposely put India and Pakistan in the same group for this sole reason. A guaranteed India Pak game that will fetch 100 and millions of dollars in a matter of couple of hours.

No Kohli. This is not just another game. You know it, we know it, the whole world knows it.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are at least as much fanatical where the fan base in Pakistan has decreased by at least 30%. Most other countries around the world is the same where cricket fans have reduced in the last decade.

India is the only country that is keeping cricket going so fair play to them they deserve all the success they are getting and much more since they have not won an ICC tournament since 10years.

For other countries dont be too picky just be glad they care about cricket at all.
    I agree with this. Indians love cricket. Pakistanis have more discerning tastes in sports.

That's why Pakistan is diversifying in terms of sports followed. Increasing no of Pakistani sportspersons from non-cricketing sports are able go professional.

Thank you for still caring about cricket Pakhs. People like you are keeping cricket alive outside India.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it’s not!
    Who is Kohli kidding with?

But yes, he is shrewd, street smart, and playing the wise card of diplomacy.
    Instead of punching bags, he issued a well weighted diplomatic statement that cannot backfire - I applaud his calm and wise approach here.

Otherwise,
    Fact of the matter is, everyone knows that it’s a HUGE game. The whole cricket world is awaiting and will be watching this game. It’s the first one that got sold out in minutes. Huge bets are placed all over the cricket betting industry.

ICC purposely put India and Pakistan in the same group for this sole reason. A guaranteed India Pak game that will fetch 100 and millions of dollars in a matter of couple of hours.

No Kohli. This is not just another game. You know it, we know it, the whole world knows it.
    Spot on!

As much as people say India are the favourites, we all know that an upset can happen.

Upset happening with New Zealand or a West Indian team won't matter so much but an upset to Pakistan will bring strong criticisms. Unfair or not, it will happen.

Kohli is trying to be diplomatic and counter that pressure of expectation.

The rest of the team looks more relaxed though so maybe it is Kohli feeling the heat. I guess he is the only one in a tough spot as the environment in India was against him recently.

I will go out on a limb and say that Indian fans are a very unrealistic lot and very close to being brutal in their expectations. They want nothing less than the cup and I am afraid India may not be the best in that format, especially if it is played in the UAE.
    Last edited by b.lesner; 20th October 2021 at 14:37.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah every game is just another game for this Indian team except an ICC knockout where they lose their heads under even slight duress.
    Still India has won more ICC trophies than Pakistan!

India is the oldest and the oldest continuing civilization, with a history of over 10000 years.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just admitted your lot are a bunch of kittens in terms of mental strength and don’t have the courage to play well in an ICC final/semi-final.

I have seen many Indians downplaying their team over the past few days, but to just blast your team like this is just brutal.
    Last edited by b.lesner; 20th October 2021 at 15:24.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    You just admitted your lot are a bunch of kittens in terms of mental strength and don’t have the cojones to play well in an ICC final/semi-final.

I have seen many Indians downplaying their team over the past few days, but to just blast your team like this is just brutal.
    Dark clouds are on the way 😊

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

India won CT in 2013.

I know you love to whine and want others to believe at things which ain't reality. But didn't know that you were so ignorant lmao.
    Last edited by RyanRyan10; 20th October 2021 at 11:58.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about careers ending. It's about the magnitude of criticism that follows a defeat to your archrival, which is much much higher than they're normally used to. Remember how Sarfraz was abused after Old Trafford 2019? Or Misbah since Mohali?

What's there to lol about? If India and Pakistan both bring their A-game, India will end up winning 4/5 times. You disagree?
    For the first part: Again, players know that the reaction at most will last a week and will die down then. They'll stay with the team for many years to come and in fact might occupy very important positions in the circuit later. So, yeah, I think you are over-estimating the impact of a defeat vs India.

For the second part: Now that is just poor math. You claimed that Pakistan has an 85% chance that they'll lose even if they bring their A-game. But now you are saying that if they both bring their A-game, Pak would 4/5 times? Do you not see how those are two different comparisons? You pulled that number out of thin air and have no facts to back it up.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Kohli was part of the team that won a worldcup and beat Pakistan in semis and has singlehandedly stood between India and Pak in T20 encounters.

Kohli was also there when his team took a drubbing in the CT final.

One constant Kohli only got fitter and better and it didn’t really change who Kohli was.

Sarfaraz had all the momentum in the world, pulled off a heist but got fatter, was banned for racial comments, stripped off captaincy, dropped from team on poor form. His path to return excuse is “he won us the CT”.

Sachin won 3 World Cup man of the matches vs Pakistan. That stat is only brought up during India vs Pak debates or anti-sachin posts but neither Sachin spoke of it once nor anyone even remembers that.

Javed Miandad on the other hand is a bonafide legend of the game and has a lot of accomplishments but when you hear him speak the 6 off of Chetan Sharma in Sharjah cup seems to be the only thing that defines his legacy in his own mind.

since you can’t recall thought I can help
    What in the world are you on about? I haven't seen a more irrelevant post in a long time.

I was talking about careers being ended due to losing to India and you bring up:

Sarfraz? How is all that you said (i.e. fitness, racial comments, poor form) related to a loss to India? Also, you ridiculously yourself mention that all that happened after a WIN against India. So, where is the linkage? lol

And then Miandad? Again, how is this relevant? I do not care what defines his legacy in your mind because 1) that is not what his legacy is defined by in Pakistan or in the rest of the world 2) how the heck is that relevant to what I said?

Yeah, I did not recall that because it had no relevance!
    Last edited by b.lesner; 20th October 2021 at 15:15.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IamIndian View Post
    Still India has won more ICC trophies than Pakistan!
    Yes but how many did this Indian team win?