"You can change the coaches and players but deep down the problems will remain the same" : Misbah - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me get this right - Misbah is a genius at identifying the problem. He is then given more power than any individual in the history of pak cricket.

He proceeds to do nothing - and then says don’t blame me?

Shameless

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Listen to Misbah again regarding selection. Sadly, I had to disagree with the guy and Wahab nailed him today.

The discussion was why PSL being used as a selection criteria and why media and social media were influencing selection.

Waqar with his usual nonsense that Social media has become a part of our lives and it will influence you. Fakhar said straight to him that this does not happen in other countries, it seems to be happening in Pakistan and that shows how pathetic the affairs are.

Misbah than said that PSL are not selected the best first class cricketers to which Waseem Akram interject that that is not the job of PSL owners. PSL Owners arn't there to promote cricket they want to win the finals at any cost, it is not their job that they should select the best or those players that are not getting chances.

Misbah defended the selections from PSL, to which Wahab Riaz said no that is not a criteria. And i absolutely agree with Wahab. He gave the example how IPL made alot of players, but Indian team did not select them for the World Cup.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re all busy passing the buck. Misbah was given unprecedented power and control and yet he has nothing to show for it. The guy was picking players based off one or two games. The entire culture is rotten and we’ll never build a habit to correct things because we’re an impatient nation.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am enjoying this show. They are not shying away from difficult topics. And the speakers are not always agreeing with each other and saying things quite openly. A refreshing change from the usual talk shows.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    I am enjoying this show. They are not shying away from difficult topics. And the speakers are not always agreeing with each other and saying things quite openly. A refreshing change from the usual talk shows.
    Sadly these type of shows are quite short lived. People in positions of power don't like bitter truth. They prefer sycophancy.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understandable. Let's enjoy this while it lasts. I think Wahab will make an excellent commentator/analyst once he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Sadly these type of shows are quite short lived. People in positions of power don't like bitter truth. They prefer sycophancy.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    True. Its one of the best cricket shows out there.

Tired of watching that PTV sports show where Rashid latif and akhtar are always talking in their mouth and have unadjusted mics and than Akhtar doing his dramaybazi.

THis show is the best, and Waseem Akram choose a very good panel. Wahab Riaz can be very good analyst or even selector in future

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as Misbah-Waqar panauti is gone; we look wold beaters

Keep these two scoundrels at bay

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as Misbah-Waqar panauti is gone; we look wold beaters

Keep these two scoundrels at bay

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so for last one decade ; Misbah and Waqar excuse was we dont have talent, we are on back foot

As soon as this defeatist mentality is gone, we are doing wonders...
    These 2 should not be anywhere near PCB

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Now we know how negative mindset takes over when misbah and waqar are in dressing room . Team looked much relaxed and full of confidence today .

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Misbah,

No mate you are wrong. We fans were right, no sooner we let your and Waqar's negativity leave the room, its a different team now. Thank you.

PS: dont come back please.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just listening to Misbah and Waqar should be enough for one to know how clueless these two are.

The results of the boot are showing earlier than I anticipated!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Just listening to Misbah and Waqar should be enough for one to know how clueless these two are.

I have been saying this for so many years, that these two are clueless coaches to sit in the dressing room,

They bring in their own boys into the team and even lose to Srilanka B team at home and against England C team not able to show any sort of fight,,

Kicking these two out and bringing Hayden and Philander to replace is such a refreshing change and team looks like in prime form growing in confidence every game...

If they go on win the tournament , then it is a big slap on these two faces..
    Last edited by ask_analyse_act; 1st November 2021 at 15:59.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Pakistan look a different team without Misbah and Waqar.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can keep on replacing players and coaches but deep down, the problems will remain the same"
    Replaced the coaches and choose players on merit, they are unbeatable and are now the favorites to win the tournament...

No talent
    no replacements
    cannot hire foreign coaches
    Babar is not the right captain, he doesnt have the swag..
    Rizwan cannot bat at the top
    Sarfraz should replace him
    Haris rauf is not bowling well
    Kept playing Faheem Ashraf forever without any significant performances

So many problems when these two are in the dressing room....Remember

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Pakistan look a different team without Misbah and Waqar.
    There are still aspects of Misbah’s DNA in this side but this can be addressed with time

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post

I saw Waqar talking on that show with Riaz, Akram and Misbah

Waqar cannot construct a basic argument without the help of looking at his notes at least 5-10 times in a 20 word sentence.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan moving on from the negative mindset put in place by the Misbah-Waqar partnership?

Its amazing how psychology plays such a pivotal role in sports. Teams like Pakistan, Afghanistan and England are playing with a positive mindset, and are achieving good results. Other good teams like India and Australia appear to have a defeatist attitude before ball one of the game, and appear to be over-whelmed by the pressure of expectation of their fans.

As a Pakistan fan, I am glad that the negative defensive mindset of Misbah and Waqar have gone, and the current coaching/ mentoring team is doing a great job in boosting the team's self confidence. I hope the team goes out for every match with the same energy and self belief as they displayed in their first 3 games so far. That way, even if they were to lose, I would be satisfied that at least they gave it their best shot.
    Last edited by MenInG; 1st November 2021 at 17:35.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its too soon to think that the psychology of a team can be changed THIS quickly. If it can be changed THIS quickly, it won't take even a day to reverse it.

I wouldn't feel happy about it if I were you.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This negative mindset under Misbah and Waqar is a bit of a myth . In T20s under them Pakistan chased there highest ever t20 score and also posted there highest ever t20 score as well.

The results were mixed but I think with a team like Pakistan that will generally be the case . They are very good at riding the “momentum “ in ICC tournaments and this is another example of that .

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    Its amazing how psychology plays such a pivotal role in sports. Teams like Pakistan, Afghanistan and England are playing with a positive mindset, and are achieving good results. Other good teams like India and Australia appear to have a defeatist attitude before ball one of the game, and appear to be over-whelmed by the pressure of expectation of their fans.

As a Pakistan fan, I am glad that the negative defensive mindset of Misbah and Waqar have gone, and the current coaching/ mentoring team is doing a great job in boosting the team's self confidence. I hope the team goes out for every match with the same energy and self belief as they displayed in their first 3 games so far. That way, even if they were to lose, I would be satisfied that at least they gave it their best shot.
    What negative mindset? Care to elaborate?

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Matthew Hayden has instilled a right mentality ala sensible approach build a tempo and cash on loose deliveries during Misbah time it was block block block bang wkt

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah just showed his weird & defensive approach to everything!! Hopefully he never gets a pcb job same goes for the 2 Ws …only Wahab sounded sensible here & hopefully will be involved with some sort of coaching or mentoring in the future

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Replaced the coaches and choose players on merit, they are unbeatable and are now the favorites to win the tournament...

No talent
    no replacements
    cannot hire foreign coaches
    Babar is not the right captain, he doesnt have the swag..
    Rizwan cannot bat at the top
    Sarfraz should replace him
    Haris rauf is not bowling well
    Kept playing Faheem Ashraf forever without any significant performances

So many problems when these two are in the dressing room....Remember

I second that 👍🏽 Misbah was the problem

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah was a big problem for team Pakistan without misbah we are totally a different team

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Misbah was a big problem for team Pakistan without misbah we are totally a different team
    Thats the baloney sandwich RASHID LATIF, Numa Niaz and Shoaib akhtar have been feeding you guys.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So let me get this right - Misbah is a genius at identifying the problem. He is then given more power than any individual in the history of pak cricket.

He proceeds to do nothing - and then says don’t blame me?

Shameless
    He did give solutions and we are doing well in this WC because of them:

Same openers
    Same tactics of being watchful in the powerplay
    Same playing xi
    Same strategy of going in with a winning combination even against Namibia

Everything is the same as it was under Misbah, so please give credit to the man. Humein team bana ke de gaya

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    He did give solutions and we are doing well in this WC because of them:

Same openers
    Same tactics of being watchful in the powerplay
    Same playing xi
    Same strategy of going in with a winning combination even against Namibia

Everything is the same as it was under Misbah, so please give credit to the man. Humein team bana ke de gaya
    lol haha

as long as we don't see his long "bootha", passionless and humorless personality, and we don't hear his hopeless philosophies, and lame excuses in a defeatist tone, and he is kept away from PCB - I am happy with whatever credit you want to give him to satisfy your own guilty consciousness.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    lol haha

as long as we don't see his long "bootha", passionless and humorless personality, and we don't hear his hopeless philosophies, and lame excuses in a defeatist tone, and he is kept away from PCB - I am happy with whatever credit you want to give him to satisfy your own guilty consciousness.
    What guilty conscience, these are facts. It's the same team and tactics. Whether Misbah is there or not, we should be thankful that he had an eye that identified our problems and had solutions that are now working. If he was such a terrible coach then how come the new regime is following his blueprint. It's like giving credit for the Taj Mahal to the laborers rather than the architect
    Last edited by daytrader; 2nd November 2021 at 21:44.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep him away from international side in any capacity..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    What guilty conscience, these are facts. It's the same team and tactics. Whether Misbah is there or not, we should be thankful that he had an eye that identified our problems and had solutions that are now working. If he was such a terrible coach then how come the new regime is following his blueprint. It's like giving credit for the Taj Mahal to the laborers rather than the architect
    We were number one T20 side even before he become a Coach, and the group of guys were almost the same except Rizwna who everybody knows.