Prisoner celebrated after learning she'd be charged on terror offences in Victoria

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Prisoner celebrated after learning she'd be charged on terror offences in Victoria

An Islamic State "soldier" cheered and described herself as a pioneer after learning she'd be charged with a terror offence over the stabbing of a prison inmate.

Momena Shoma, 28, was already a convicted terrorist when she stabbed a woman with gardening shears at Melbourne's Dame Phyllis Frost Centre in October last year.

She said the attack was for "terrorism reasons" and celebrated when she learned she'd be charged.

Shoma pleaded guilty to engaging in a terrorist act and being a member of a terrorist organisation.

"Yeah I have done it, I'm just proud of myself," Shoma told investigators.

While she had set out to kill, her 27-year-old victim walked away with a hand injury that required just five stitches.

Shoma had spent months planning the attack and intentionally targeted a Canadian inmate for propaganda reasons.

"If a Canadian got killed of course it would make Canadian newspapers and news outlets," she said.

Shoma said she had become more radicalised and would attack again if allowed access to other prisoners - suggesting she might target a Russian person next time.

She claimed she had pretended to be deradicalised while taking part in anti-terror programs in prison.

"If I get released I'll do it again to let Allah know I'm strict," she said.

In a Victorian Supreme Court pre-sentence hearing her lawyer Tim Marsh said her guilty plea wasn't indicative of remorse but indeed the opposite.

He said prison was as restrictive for her as could be imagined - she's alone for 23 hours a day and only allowed out of her cell wearing manacles and with no other prisoners around.

Given her offending he wasn't suggesting the response by prison authorities was unwarranted.

"It might be suggested she is the architect of her own misfortune here and I'd have a very difficult time in arguing against that," he said.

Shoma is already serving a 42-year prison sentence over a February 2018 attack on Roger Singaravelu, a homestay host who welcomed Shoma into his home when she arrived to study in Melbourne from Bangladesh.

He was stabbed in the neck with such force the blade snapped and embedded in his spine. His five-year-old daughter was with him.

He survived the attack but he and his daughter both suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.

Shoma is not eligible for parole until 2049.

Mr Marsh said additional time would need to be added to that sentence for the prison attack, but urged Justice Jane Dixon to leave open the possibility of release.

"It's impossible to imagine what our society, what our culture, our environment, what our circumstances will be like when Ms Shoma is eligible for release," he said.

"If we can't even do that how can we ... be certain Ms Shoma has not changed her ideological beliefs by then?"

She'll be sentenced at a later date.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...out&li=AAgfLCP

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

To the bold bit, What the hell ???????? Why are these ppl bringing a god as a justification for their terrible acts ?

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant reason with or try to rehabilitate these zealots.

We have learned this the hard way many times.

Anybody who has supported ISIS must be jailed for life, in solitary confinement.

Ideally they should be put to death but this wont happen in western countries.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post

Anybody who has supported ISIS must be jailed for life, in solitary confinement.

It does, we have death sentence in quite a few states in the US.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "If I get released I'll do it again to let Allah know I'm strict," she said.

I'm sorry, but the bolded bit sounds funny.

It almost sounds like a teacher saying to her students "I'll do it again to let my students know I'm strict!"

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her previous victim was a well-reputed elderly Tamil gentleman who along with his wife used to host South Asian students in his house in Melbourne till they got settled on their own, his daughter was a witness to that attack and suffers from PTSD till date. This terrorist had brought her weapons from Bangladesh and her sole intention was to kill someone to make international headlines. That entire family is ruined and they have stopped housing students after that. The things these evil people do to good, kind people.

Looking at this news, it seems she hasn't changed one bit. ISIS fighters/supporters can't be changed, beyond point of redemption.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post

Where do you stand on Shamina Begum?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Where do you stand on Shamina Begum?
    She should be left in Syria or Iraq.

Not our problem and I dont buy the whole 'grooming' argument.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    An Islamic State "soldier" cheered and described herself as a pioneer after learning she'd be charged with a terror offence over the stabbing of a prison inmate.

Momena Shoma, 28, was already a convicted terrorist when she stabbed a woman with gardening shears at Melbourne's Dame Phyllis Frost Centre in October last year.

[/url]

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

To the bold bit, What the hell ???????? Why are these ppl bringing a god as a justification for their terrible acts ?
    She seems like a nutcase who has completely lost it. She is clearly mentally unstable and very dangerous.

People like her need to be put in an institution for the rest of their lives.

Too bad that Islam gets a bad name because of such loonies.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    She seems like a nutcase who has completely lost it. She is clearly mentally unstable and very dangerous.

People like her need to be put in an institution for the rest of their lives.

Too bad that Islam gets a bad name because of such loonies.
    If the state considered her mentally ill she would be in a secure psychiatric facility.

But she’s in jail so they have determined that her mind is sound.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    If the state considered her mentally ill she would be in a secure psychiatric facility.

But she’s in jail so they have determined that her mind is sound.
    She is Muslim, which is an automatic disqualification to be mentally evaluated.

She needs to be kept away from society, either in jail or psychiatric ward.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLoco View Post
    She is Muslim, which is an automatic disqualification to be mentally evaluated.

She needs to be kept away from society, either in jail or psychiatric ward.
    Why do people have to lie, her religion has nothing to do with how she is treated by the courts, why make up lies to try and make it a religious issue.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Why do people have to lie, her religion has nothing to do with how she is treated by the courts, why make up lies to try and make it a religious issue.
    Probably because the MSM often (but not always) frames white terrorists as mentally ill and brown terrorists as purely religiously motivated.

But that doesn’t mean that this person didn’t get a psych evaluation. If she has delusional mental health issues then she will go a a secure unit.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Probably because the MSM often (but not always) frames white terrorists as mentally ill and brown terrorists as purely religiously motivated.

But that doesn’t mean that this person didn’t get a psych evaluation. If she has delusional mental health issues then she will go a a secure unit.
    MSN have nothing to do with the court process, it is lies that people keep pushing like this one that radicalizes people by spreading falsehoods and outright lies. Some people want to make religion the reason to hate others.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is because most white/European terrorists usually act alone. They are usually loners and act on their own. That sounds to me like a
    Potential insane person or someone with mental issues

over

Someone who joins an “organization” is part of a social group/club/cult whatever you want to call it, is part of a team, usually has a leader or some kind of hierarchy/ structure from where they get their orders.

That sounds more like someone following their orders.

That’s the difference.

Having said that a terrorist is a terrorist but while there is sure some amount of racism/Islam so phobia it is dumb to draw equivalences where.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is because most white/European terrorists usually act alone. They are usually loners and act on their own. That sounds to me like a

over

Someone who joins an “organization” is part of a social group/club/cult whatever you want to call it, is part of a team, usually has a leader or some kind of hierarchy/ structure from where they get their orders.

That’s the difference.

Having said that a terrorist is a terrorist but while there is sure some amount of racism/Islam so phobia it is dumb to draw equivalences where.

In this post, you are trying so hard to discredit the word "white terrorist". lol

You are acting as if "white terrorist", "Hindutva terrorist" or any other radicalized extremists follower wake up on its own to become one, no internet following, no manifesto, no acknowledge of hate, just insane and mentally unstable because he/she isn't a muslim.

The self feel-good part of this post is, reluctantly acknowledging Islamophobia. Almost, similar to, I have 'black friends, therefore, I can't be ...... lol

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Never said anything like that, made a general statement, which is quite often is, true.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

over

That’s the difference.

Partially true, though most UK terrorists are lone wolves these days because MI5 are so good at interception of communications and interdicting terror cells.

It’s a general point about Othering - white people in Britain get the benefit of the doubt from many, they are one of us so surely their thinking must be impaired? - but anyone who is not white may be classed as Other and therefore the destructive behaviour will be a part of Otherness not mental illness.