ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 | India v Pakistan | Dubai | 24 October, 2021 | Pre-game Discussion

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 | India v Pakistan | Dubai | 24 October, 2021 | Pre-game Discussion

So what will be the final XI for Pakistan?

What can Pakistan do to stop the Indian Juggernaut?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    For the life of me - I cannot see how Haris Rauf can be played against India!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how Pakistan wins this one. India is on a complete different level.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To your question - God has already decided the outcome and you will come to know about the final result.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only babar azam gets into this Indian team. India reserve team would hammer pak.

They have too much fire power

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think team that will win the toss and would opt to chase. So a lot depends on the toss as chasing is relatively easy here.

I would play this team for India:

Kishan
    Rohit
    Kohli
    SKY
    Rahul
    Pant
    Jadeja
    Shardul
    Varun C
    Shami
    Bumrah

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for India:
    Rahul
    Rohit
    Kohli
    Sky
    Pant
    Pandya
    Jadeja
    Shardul
    Varun
    Shami
    Bumrah

Team for Pakistan:
    Babar
    Rizwan
    Fakhar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Asif Ali
    Shadab
    Imad
    Hasan
    Shaheen
    Wasim

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya should not play. I mean I have been one of his biggest admirer over the years but he has become a liability now. A firing Shardul anyday over an unfit Pandya.

They key to success in a T20 game is powerplay batting. Team that wins the powerplay most often wins the game, especially on these slow surfaces. So I would send Kishan to open and give him full licence to go from ball 1.

Rohit & Kohli will be consolidators.

SKY's role (at 4) will vary depends on circumstance, he is someone who can play both attacking and anchor role.

KL Rahul should play the role Pandya was trusted to do i.e hitting six in the end overs. Pant and if required Jadeja should join him.

If we are having a very bad game, Shardul to follow can bat a bit as well.

Shami and Bumrah will be my 2 seam bowlers, Varun C will be the spinner.

Shami should bowl 3 overs at top with new ball (1st, 3rd and 5th over)

Bumrah will bowl 2 and Shardul 1 in power play.

Bumrah and Varun C should bowl at the death - 16th to 20th overs.
    Last edited by Rajdeep; 21st October 2021 at 01:56.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan keep it simple and play according to the match situation, and set out a gameplan they can win. It won't be easy because yes india is favorites and stronger and paper, but also when it comes to match preparation, the Indian team is usually better at doing that compare to Pakistan.

That being said anything can happen let's just hope Pakistan can find a way to win here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya will play if he is fit..team management has huge faith in him..dhoni shastri kohli and rohit are all his backers because they know better than anybody else what kind of impact player he is and what he brings to the table..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Over the years Pakistan has struggled to handle pressure. Crazy run outs. or missed opportunities. In 2019 world cup Rohit sharma was yards outside his crease. You could have even lobbed the ball and get him run out. But fielder threw to the wrong end. It generally happens with Pakistan team in world cups. Same with Bangladesh. They missed a lot of wins against India in crucial games losing their head at the worst possible time. Srilanka is one team that doesn't buckled under pressure often vs India in crucial games. let us see who handles the pressure.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Over the years Pakistan has struggled to handle pressure. Crazy run outs. or missed opportunities. In 2019 world cup Rohit sharma was yards outside his crease. You could have even lobbed the ball and get him run out. But fielder threw to the wrong end. It generally happens with Pakistan team in world cups. Same with Bangladesh. They missed a lot of wins against India in crucial games losing their head at the worst possible time. Srilanka is one team that doesn't buckled under pressure often vs India in crucial games. let us see who handles the pressure.
    Wait you are comparing Pak with Bangla?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India are massive faveroutes.
    Pak can only hope for a Fakhar special and then Shaheen taking wickets with the new ball. For me those 2 can make an impact.

Its 80 / 20 in India favour.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Wait you are comparing Pak with Bangla?

Pak vs India, Bangladesh vs India is not equivalent to Bangladesh vs pakistan. Pakistan often times completely bottled it. Bangladesh often got into winning position only to give it away in smaller tournaments.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    India are massive faveroutes.
    Pak can only hope for a Fakhar special and then Shaheen taking wickets with the new ball. For me those 2 can make an impact.

Its 80 / 20 in India favour.
    Basically the same as CT17 then, just swap Shaheen for Amir.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread is going to have at least 30 pages before the game begins

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    767 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't read too much into these warmups. Conditions play a big role as well. I'm not sure what our so called seam attack can do to stop any half decent batting lineup. Its Bumrah or bust.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Wouldn't read too much into these warmups. Conditions play a big role as well. I'm not sure what our so called seam attack can do to stop any half decent batting lineup. Its Bumrah or bust.
    On paper India should win it comfortably. But when India plays against an unfamiliar team they are often caught by surprise. Remember how India lost to Srilanka in CT2017 before losing to pakistan in the final. Pakistan has a bunch of players India has never played against. That is an advantage for them. By the same token Varun chakrvarthy will be a factor one way or the other.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    646 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf absolutely should not play, Indian batsmen will pick him apart

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No team is favorite in an India vs. Pakistan T20 cricket match. Both teams will be under pressure. Toss, the team that uses the conditions better, and the team that makes fewer mistakes will win the match on the 24th.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Admittedly I have not seen much of Varun, but having a spinner bowl half of his overs at the death of a T20 would be a little bizzare and risky, no? Has he performed such a role before?

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toss is crucial. If india chases, they win.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only chance Pakistan have is that India become so complacent they forget how to play cricket, otherwise a thrashing awaits Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are favourites due to the favorable condition .Also UAE pakistan second home. Batsman are in good form. Youngesters and experience of malik/hafeez. Having Good bowlers saheen shahdab, hasan ali.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can’t afford to have both Hasan and Haris and we all know Hasan is way way better and even did well in one of the warm ups. He can bat too. Haris should ideally be replaced by Dahani or literally anyone else.

Coming back to Hasan, I really think they should consider sending him up the order.

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar has been on the ascendency this year and he is the top ranked T20 batter.
    The streak has to end some day, May be this is the time..
    The Time of Babar.

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way Shadab or Rauf should play.

Nawaz is an easy replacement for Shadab, however no real alternatives to Rauf as Waseem doesn't look the finish product and Dahani's in reserves.

Guess we're going to see another Pandya hitting show on the 24th

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Babar has been on the ascendency this year and he is the top ranked T20 batter.
    The streak has to end some day, May be this is the time..
    The Time of Babar.
    Babar may end up highest run getter in this world cup.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India and Pakistan have great T20I records since the last World Cup.

W/L ratio in T20Is since last T20I World Cup :

1. Afghanistan - 4.8
    2. Pakistan - 2.3
    3. India - 2
    4. Eng -1.5
    5. SA -1.2
    6. NZ -1.1
    7. Aus -1.1
    8. WI. 0.7

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Admittedly I have not seen much of Varun, but having a spinner bowl half of his overs at the death of a T20 would be a little bizzare and risky, no? Has he performed such a role before?
    No he has not performed any such role, i dont think Ravi Shastri will play this rookie.
    Sad to see, if he will come in the last minute and upset the foundation of this side.
    t20 is all about matchups.
    My key bowlers in Indian team are Bhuvi & Shami, these are the brainy bowlers who can provide the variations, and get the variations right.

It is sometimes as important, to play safe and live to fight another day, than to go with rookies here.
    Indians are not able to understand the simple fact that any other team would give an arm & leg to have a match winner like Hardik, Virat, Pant or Bhuvi in their side.

If any of these rellukattas like shardul, varun or ishan kishan play this match, i dont know about the Pakistanis , but definitely i will break my tv.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India and Pakistan have great T20I records since the last World Cup.

W/L ratio in T20Is since last T20I World Cup :

1. Afghanistan - 4.8
    2. Pakistan - 2.3
    3. India - 2
    4. Eng -1.5
    5. SA -1.2
    6. NZ -1.1
    7. Aus -1.1
    8. WI. 0.7
    All thanks to Micky Arthur. Our team was no. 1 for 1-2 years in between during his coaching in T20Is with the same boys we have rn.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonbrowndo View Post
    Can’t afford to have both Hasan and Haris and we all know Hasan is way way better and even did well in one of the warm ups. He can bat too. Haris should ideally be replaced by Dahani or literally anyone else.

Coming back to Hasan, I really think they should consider sending him up the order.
    Dahani is only player, I want Pakistan not to pick against India. Haven't seen him much but Indian batsmen have history of facing problems against new bowlers.
    He could be the X factor.

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya should not play. I mean I have been one of his biggest admirer over the years but he has become a liability now. A firing Shardul anyday over an unfit Pandya.

They key to success in a T20 game is powerplay batting. Team that wins the powerplay most often wins the game, especially on these slow surfaces. So I would send Kishan to open and give him full licence to go from ball 1.

SKY's role (at 4) will vary depends on circumstance, he is someone who can play both attacking and anchor role.

*KL Rahul should play the role Pandya was trusted to do i.e hitting six in the end overs.* Pant and if required Jadeja should join him.

The kind of form KL is having right now as opener, it's a sin to change his batting order.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

KL Rahul should play the role Pandya was trusted to do i.e hitting six in the end overs. Pant and if required Jadeja should join him.

Why is everyone so adamant to play replace Pandya with Shardul because he can bat. With all due respect looking at the T20 stats. Shardul has scored 183 runs in 122 games with an average of 9.2 and SR of 115.

At best he would be on par with Hasan Ali as a batter.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expecting a clinical Indian win, as has been the norm in our group games in ICC tournaments the last few years. Problem will start with SF. In group games we are the toughest side to beat over the last decade or so.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My XI

Rohit
    Ishan
    SKY
    Pant
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Jadeja
    Thakur
    Bumrah
    Shami
    Varun

Kohli to bat higher in the order if and only if we get a horror start like say 10/2 in the first 3.

No Pandya since he isn't going to bowl.

Thakur in place of Bhuvi since he can tonk a few.

3 pacers, Jadeja and mystery spin of Varun.

Ishan to open to compensate for slow start by Rohit. KL to come after 10 overs and unleash the beast within.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Yes he played that role for KKR regularly in IPL where Eoin Morgan used him in death. Yet not in a single game (expect for the final) he went for more than 26 runs in 4 overs. That is some top quality bowling and the reason why he is preferred in the side.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Why is everyone so adamant to play replace Pandya with Shardul because he can bat. With all due respect looking at the T20 stats. Shardul has scored 183 runs in 122 games with an average of 9.2 and SR of 115.

Pandya is not fit. He cant even bend down to pick a ball, throwing under arm while fielding, holding his back while batting after playing every shot. How can you include such an unfit player in the team? He is a tremendous talent but not fit enough to play at present.

Shardul may not be as talented as Pandya but he is fit, in form and can bring all facets of his game.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Most likely another one sided match. We will loose by 8 wickets if batting first otherwise loose by 70+ runs batting second. There is no dynamic batsman in our team and bowling is like spray gun.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if Pakistan win on Sunday, pretty meme worthy material from our Kaptaan.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the reason we still have this streak alive today. Kohli was the difference between India and Pak matches in last decade. I dont recall any player from either side has this much impact in Indo-Pak emcounters. He has absolutely nothing more to prove to anybody. Its upto next generation players how they take this rivalry forward.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is the reason we still have this streak alive today. Kohli was the difference between India and Pak matches in last decade. I dont recall any player from either side has this much impact in Indo-Pak emcounters. He has absolutely nothing more to prove to anybody. Its upto next generation players how they take this rivalry forward.
    He should retire if he isn't upto it anymore.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India can play any 11 and still be stronger than Pakistan. Pakistan 11 can be like this

Babar
    Rizwan
    Fakhar
    Malik
    Hafeez
    Asif Ali
    Imad Wasim
    Nawaz
    Wasim Jnr
    Hassan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya is not fit. He cant even bend down to pick a ball, throwing under arm while fielding, holding his back while batting after playing every shot. How can you include such an unfit player in the team? He is a tremendous talent but not fit enough to play at present.

Shardul may not be as talented as Pandya but he is fit, in form and can bring all facets of his game.
    But that would mean sacrificing a batting slot for an extra bowler.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India and Pakistan is always a big game no matter what the difference in capabilities of both teams is. Here are my views of the game:

In the last three WT20 encounters (2012, 2014 and 2016 even Asia cup 2016), the script has been same. Pakistan bats first and makes a sub-par total which is no match for the Indian team at all. The reverse is true for 50 Overs World cups where India bats first and posts a huge total for Pakistan to crumble.

We need to break the trend. Hope lucks favors us and we bowl first as chasing in UAE is comparatively easier due to the dew factor.

We can break the streak if we bowl first. The closest we've gotten to beat India in T20s is when we are chasing (two close matches lost in 2007 T20 WC, one close match lost in 2012 anay do series along with the sole win that was also during chase)

Moreover I really do hope we avoid a silly run out or miss an easy early catch which might be detrimental to our chances.

I don't think this Indian team is unbeatable. They can be beaten. Their spin bowling can be tackled by Azam, Rizwan and Malik. We can really apply the pressure on them if we see out their faster bowlers (Bhumrah specially) and attack spinners. I personally think one if one of bhuvi and Thakur plays, they can be attacked. They are not unplayable.

Fingers crossed for this one. The streak ends here Inshallah.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top scoring in IND vs PAK matches in T20 WC

2007( Group stage) - Mishabh
    2007( Final) - Gautam Gambhir
    2012- Virat Kohli
    2014- Virat Kohli
    2016- Virat Kohli
    2021-?

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fakhar and Babar are the absolute key. Rizwan has been phenomenal for us in the last year or so but I'm still not sold on him. Will happily eat humble pie if he plays another gutsy innings. If Babar and Fakhar give a blazing start, I expect Hafeez and Malik to dominate Bhuvi, Bumrah or whoever spinners India play. We need to bat first and make at least 170. Not easy to chase against Shaheen, Hassan, Imad.

However, one advantage for India I see is that they have a good middle order compared to the last 5 years or so. This Suryakumar guy looks extremely dangerous. I hate it when a batsman keeps chipping away with runs. Need to have plans against him. If Shaheen is able to break Rohit and Virat early, we're going to witness an amazing spectacle for sure.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devadwal View Post

2012- Virat Kohli
    2014- Virat Kohli
    2016- Virat Kohli
    2021-?
    Bobby B?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never cared for the streak. Thats for the media hype.
    On the day of the match the streak for whatever its worth is meaningless and has not bearing.
    And its gotta end one day.
    I just see indian fans and media go gung ho on the match, going by the wins in the warm ups.
    Warm ups serve only one purpose , to get the combos right. We are still not clear on the hardik situation.
    Hopefully yesterday was the last day we saw Bhuvi in india colors. He should not have been picked since CT2017. pathetic trundler who is lucky to get so many games. Was surprised to see him ranked 11 on icc rankings. Really? when was the last time he bowled us to win?
    I can think of 3 bowlers in every team/country who could be better/equal to him.
    The format is such that two overs of madness or genuis by any player on any side can make their side win or loos. the gap between the sides is much lesser than our pathetic chest thumping media wallahs are jumping up and down about.
    For pak , its a home world cup. they've played enough in UAE and should be super familiar with the pitches, conditins et all.
    Match will be intresting and hard fought.
    Go Indiaaaaa!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf vs Rahul, Rohit, Kohli. Box office .

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devadwal View Post

2012- Virat Kohli
    2014- Virat Kohli
    2016- Virat Kohli
    2021-?
    Asif Ali

Bring Back Umar Akmal

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'If Pakistan lose to India, they wont go through': Brad Hogg names the semi-finalists of T20 World Cup 2021

T20 World Cup 2021: Hogg said, India will go through easily if they start on a winning note against Pakistan while the Babar Azam-led side who face New Zealand barely a day later, will find it hard to bounce back.

The Super 12 stage of the ICC men's T20 World Cup will begin from Saturday (October 23) but majority of the cricket fans across the globe are holding their breath for the big-ticket encounter between India and Pakistan on Sunday. The two teams will meet for the first time since the ODI World Cup in England in 2019 and many experts believe, the outcome of that match could decide how India and Pakistan will fare in this T20 World Cup. Former Australia cricketer Brad Hogg said Pakistan can find it really tough advancing to the semi-finals if they lose their World Cup opener to India in Dubai.

Hogg said, India will go through easily if they start on a winning note against Pakistan while the Babar Azam-led side who face New Zealand barely a day later, will find it hard to bounce back.

“If Pakistan get beaten by India in the first game, they’ve got a short turnaround to play New Zealand. I think that will be a huge factor on whether Pakistan go through or not. If Pakistan lose against India in the first game, I don’t think they will get through, India will get through. So watch that space,” Hogg said in an interaction with Deep Dasgupta on his YouTube channel.

The former left-arm wrist spinner, however, kept both India and Pakistan in his list of four semi-finalists for the T20 World Cup. Hogg said India, Pakistan will move to the semi-finals from Group 2, while West Indies and England will advance from Group 1.

“The teams that I think are going to go to the semis are England and the West Indies from Group 1 and from Group 2 I think it’s going to be Pakistan and India,” he added.

As far as warm-up matches are concerned, India have by far looked the best side on display with comprehensive victories over England and Australia despite not playing their main players in the latter.

The conditions in UAE too are slated to favour India's spinners and batters. But reigning ODI World champions England, despite the absence of Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer and two-time World T20 winners West Indies, are sure to pose a tough challenge to India.
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...811955975.html

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brad is downplaying Australia's chances in this world cup. I believe they are one of the serious contenders for the cup. Their bowlers are good, and they always field well. Just their batters have to step up.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So what will be the final XI for Pakistan?

What can Pakistan do to stop the Indian Juggernaut?
    Only players who are capable to stop this and proved in a past are

Fakhar
    Hafeez
    Malik

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan plays to their true potential and play to win and avoid serious errors they can safe their face and avoid a thrashing by this Indian team by a big margin.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    On paper India should win it comfortably. But when India plays against an unfamiliar team they are often caught by surprise. Remember how India lost to Srilanka in CT2017 before losing to pakistan in the final. Pakistan has a bunch of players India has never played against. That is an advantage for them. By the same token Varun chakrvarthy will be a factor one way or the other.
    Varun Chakra.. who?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India needs to play bad Cricket for Pakistan to win.

Rahul , Sharma , Virat , Surya Kumar , Rishab Pant, Pandya , Jadeja , ashwin , varun, shami , Bumrah

Babar , Rizwan , Fakhar , Hafeez, haider , Malik , imad , shadab , hassan , shaheen , Wasim

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70-30 for India to Win. India are playing excellent cricket and have a superior record in world cups.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My XI for Pakistan would be the following, and I have included roles as well:

Babar Azam (c) - the goal is to get set because the longer he bats, the greater our chances of posting a high score.

Mohammad Rizwan (wk) - for Rizwan, the goal is to reduce the pressure on Babar in the powerplay by continuously finding singles and just building a partnership.

Fakhar Zaman - being a left-handed batsmen, Ashwin will be reserved for Fakhar. Fakhar needs to put the charge on the spinners, and his runs will be crucial to the result of the game.

Shoaib Malik - he will be crucial in rotating strike consistently in the middle-overs. We saw how confident Fakhar Zaman became once the strike was being rotated, allowing him to focus on finding the boundaries rather than worrying about dot-ball pressure. His bowling should act as a cushion if Shadab Khan is being picked apart.

Haider Ali - his ability to be explosive in the middle-overs and the death will be tested, because India are unlikely to use much pace in the middle-overs. Should Bhuvneshwar bowl, Haider will need to exert pressure, otherwise, he needs to keep rotating strike and get set for a big finish.

Mohammad Hafeez - he plays as an all-rounder for me, he must bowl 2-3 overs and should be used as a slogger because he doesn't really know how to rotate the strike as well as Malik.

Imad Wasim - bowls three overs in the powerplay with the aim of keeping things tight.

Shadab Khan - first change bowler in the middle-overs, but if he starts off expensive, I will take him off and replace him with Shoaib Malik to bring more control in the middle-overs.

Hasan Ali - useful slogger who can float up and down the order, and he should bowl in the middle and death overs predominantly.

Shaheen Shah Afridi - bowls two up front in the powerplay and two in the death. A new ball spell will be crucial, and though he is expensive in the death, he is still better than the other bowlers we have.

Shahnawaz Dahani - bowling back of a length will be extremely helpful in the powerplay and early in the middle-overs. He is a better bowling option than Haris Rauf.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant get dahani on unless there is an injury

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alishahid View Post
    You cant get dahani on unless there is an injury
    If India win the toss then the game is over. With dew and pak expensive bowling attack, India will chase down anything.

If pak chase then there might be a slight glimmer but even then they will bottle it even of India scored 110

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UzmanBeast View Post
    My XI for Pakistan would be the following, and I have included roles as well:

Babar Azam (c) - the goal is to get set because the longer he bats, the greater our chances of posting a high score.

Mohammad Rizwan (wk) - for Rizwan, the goal is to reduce the pressure on Babar in the powerplay by continuously finding singles and just building a partnership.

Fakhar Zaman - being a left-handed batsmen, Ashwin will be reserved for Fakhar. Fakhar needs to put the charge on the spinners, and his runs will be crucial to the result of the game.

Shoaib Malik - he will be crucial in rotating strike consistently in the middle-overs. We saw how confident Fakhar Zaman became once the strike was being rotated, allowing him to focus on finding the boundaries rather than worrying about dot-ball pressure. His bowling should act as a cushion if Shadab Khan is being picked apart.

Haider Ali - his ability to be explosive in the middle-overs and the death will be tested, because India are unlikely to use much pace in the middle-overs. Should Bhuvneshwar bowl, Haider will need to exert pressure, otherwise, he needs to keep rotating strike and get set for a big finish.

Mohammad Hafeez - he plays as an all-rounder for me, he must bowl 2-3 overs and should be used as a slogger because he doesn't really know how to rotate the strike as well as Malik.

Imad Wasim - bowls three overs in the powerplay with the aim of keeping things tight.

Shadab Khan - first change bowler in the middle-overs, but if he starts off expensive, I will take him off and replace him with Shoaib Malik to bring more control in the middle-overs.

Hasan Ali - useful slogger who can float up and down the order, and he should bowl in the middle and death overs predominantly.

Shaheen Shah Afridi - bowls two up front in the powerplay and two in the death. A new ball spell will be crucial, and though he is expensive in the death, he is still better than the other bowlers we have.

Shahnawaz Dahani - bowling back of a length will be extremely helpful in the powerplay and early in the middle-overs. He is a better bowling option than Haris Rauf.
    So the role of one opener is to get set and the other opener is supposed to take singles? I don’t agree at all

Hard to get a handle on this double edged sword

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know pandya is not fit.Do you think team management is dumb enough to play him even though he is not fit. If he is unfit, how was he able to hit a six out of the ground..

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's kohlis brand marketing for line of clothes Wrogn .. and why should players be nervous for a cricket game lol
    If you don't execute your skills well you lose , that's nature of game

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uzairmanzoor13 View Post
    India and Pakistan is always a big game no matter what the difference in capabilities of both teams is. Here are my views of the game:

In the last three WT20 encounters (2012, 2014 and 2016 even Asia cup 2016), the script has been same. Pakistan bats first and makes a sub-par total which is no match for the Indian team at all. The reverse is true for 50 Overs World cups where India bats first and posts a huge total for Pakistan to crumble.

We need to break the trend. Hope lucks favors us and we bowl first as chasing in UAE is comparatively easier due to the dew factor.

We can break the streak if we bowl first. The closest we've gotten to beat India in T20s is when we are chasing (two close matches lost in 2007 T20 WC, one close match lost in 2012 anay do series along with the sole win that was also during chase)

Moreover I really do hope we avoid a silly run out or miss an easy early catch which might be detrimental to our chances.

I don't think this Indian team is unbeatable. They can be beaten. Their spin bowling can be tackled by Azam, Rizwan and Malik. We can really apply the pressure on them if we see out their faster bowlers (Bhumrah specially) and attack spinners. I personally think one if one of bhuvi and Thakur plays, they can be attacked. They are not unplayable.

Fingers crossed for this one. The streak ends here Inshallah.
    Pakistan has most experienced t20 side in world cup and yet doubts are creeping. What does it say? Lack of confidence?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the love affair with 40 years old Shoaib Malik? He is on everyone's team.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    SanFrancisco/Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling Fakhar will steamroll India. Indian batsmen haven't faced any of the Pakistan bowlers, they will be surprised by Pakistan bowlers. Pakistan will end its drought in WC wins against India.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    What is the love affair with 40 years old Shoaib Malik? He is on everyone's team.
    He once scored a century against India in 2009 CT and since then is living of that 1 innings

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who decided to schedule this match the same time as El Clasico

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    Who decided to schedule this match the same time as El Clasico
    As well as Man United vs Liverpool

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís Indiaís game to lose as they are definitely stronger on paper.

Pakistanís best chance would be to bowl first and go all out and try restrict India to 140 or below with their chasing history.

Anything 150+ and Pakistan could choke easily. Given that there is dew in UAE and chasing teams have done well they should bowl first if they win the toss.

If Pakistan bay first theyíll need 170 + I feel and bowl well. Hafeez and Malik will play a big part in this game be it with bat or ball. Pacers might go for runs so spinners need to bowl well and try strangle India.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    India and Pakistan might not be playing against each other as often as they used to but the contest still holds a special place in the hearts of cricket lovers. With the two sides set to open their campaign at the T20 World Cup 2021 on Sunday, former cricketers from both nations have been sharing their own experience of this iconic contest.

Shoaib Akhtar, who remains an active pundit who expresses views not just on Pakistan cricket but also other global series and events. Reflecting on the Indo-Pak clash, Akhtar highlighted how much Indian cricketers are loved in Pakistan, especially Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.

“In Pakistan, people like and appreciate Indian cricketers. They praise Virat Kohli, they like Rohit Sharma even more. They call him India’s Inzamam,” the Rawalpindi Express said on Zee News.

Former India cricketer Mohammad Kaif, who was also a part of the conversation, picked the Indian team as the favourites for the Super 12 match against Pakistan. Kaif feels the fact that all of the T20 World Cup-bound Indian players played for in the UAE with their respective IPL franchises, will be a huge boost to their hopes of going all the way in the tournament.

“Historically, India has always won these (World Cup) matches. But it depends on how the players perform on match day. The Indian side has an advantage that they just played the IPL in UAE and are accustomed to the conditions. Players are also in form. It would be a shocker if Pakistan wins. Of course, anything can happen in T20, but on paper, India appears to be a much stronger team,” said Kaif.

Akhtar, countering Kaif's take on the subject, said that the team that shows more courage will emerge as triumphant.

“Big matches are not won by big players but by big courage. No doubt, India has better players, but with courage and right strategy things could turn out to be different than expected. Also, T20 is a tricky format. It’s going to be a 50-50 game. It will depend on how the players perform on the given day,” he opined.

From the group games, only 2 of 6 teams will qualify for the T20 World Cup semi-finals. Hence, the Indo-Pak contest that kicks off the proceedings in Group 2, will be of huge importance for both the teams' hopes of qualifying for the knockout.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...-akhtar/825635

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^Planning is an alien concept to PCB! I am not even mad anymore about it.

Easy points for India to lose!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Huge win coming up for Pakistan on 24th

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pictures of Pakistan T20 squad practicing ahead of the iconic clash against India on 24th October (Pictures courtesy of the PCB)

Name:  248ed67e-20a7-4a72-b36a-843f0564a997.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  81.0 KBName:  7b4cadda-3014-43d7-95e1-61765d591cf9.jpg
Views: 2687
Size:  134.9 KBName:  828295fb-17bd-44b8-80b1-18a12dce950e.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  267.4 KBName:  c8289945-6333-48f0-b4b6-53cc284b3f8a.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  93.6 KB

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonbrowndo View Post
    So the role of one opener is to get set and the other opener is supposed to take singles? I don’t agree at all
    One of them has to play aggressively.

I think Rizwan should look to play with more risk in the powerplay.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in a tough group and so have to win one game against India or Kiwis.

This is probably the group of death because all three of India, Pakistan and the Kiwis are likely to win against all the minnows...

In the other group there are more chances of teams taking points from each other so everyone could still be in it after losing three games.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post

This is probably the group of death because all three of India, Pakistan and the Kiwis are likely to win against all the minnows...

In the other group there are more chances of teams taking points from each other so everyone could still be in it after losing three games.
    This is most definitely not the group of death . You essentially have 3 teams vying for the top two spots. I am reasonably confident Pakistan can win 4 games out of 5 in this group .

The other group has 4-5 teams chasing two positions . Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in these conditions canít be underestimated.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post

Not at all. It is the opposite actually. Group of death is the other one. This group is easy. Because India, Pakistan and New Zealand each arguably have a 30% chance and more to qualify for the Semis.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post

Bcs Thakur can bowl, and Pandya doesnt now a days..