ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021 | India v Pakistan | Dubai | 24 October, 2021 | Pre-game Discussion - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday game is about the toss.

Dew is a big problem and if India win the toss, its time to switch off

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has 10 plus years of playing in UAE and surely that should be an advantage over other teams?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cyclone Shaheen has devastated Oman is on way to UAE. But will Shaheen destroy India on Sunday in Dubai?
    Cyclone Shaheen roared ashore as the first cyclone to make landfall in northeastern Oman in more than 130 years . The storm unleashed flooding rainfall and strong winds and was blamed for at least 13 fatalities as of Monday, according to the BBC.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
    Pakistan has 10 plus years of playing in UAE and surely that should be an advantage over other teams?
    You're right.

But yet they're underdogs, Its because India just played IPL and most importantly because Pak will bottle the game no matter what due to the pressure of the Indian World Cup streak.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    What is the love affair with 40 years old Shoaib Malik? He is on everyone's team.
    Saada munda aur tuawada daamaad.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This time Amir is not there to destroy the top 3 of India let's hope Shaheen can do it

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haider should play and Hafeez should be dropped. If the management don't have the courage to replace a buzurg with a young man ( its against our tradition ) I don't mind playing Sarfraz in place of Hafeez as a batsman. Hafeez is vey old and has been in poor form for last 6 months . Never been Srafraz's fan but its just sad we don't have better options .

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Haider v Hafeez decision is one that could come to haunt Babar for many years to come - lets see!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U guys seem to get t20 wrong

Few observations

T20 favors teams which bat deep and with batsmen who can get going from the word go . Very few people actually have seen what kohli was doing last 5 games versus england .

The strategy to attack more , have less value on average and more on strike rate while bating deep was the batting mantra .

Biggest threat to pak is the batting trio of kohli sharma and rahul . Add sky pant jadeja and Pandya as middle order
    Add thakur ashwin bumrah and Shami as expert cunning bowlers

Add b kumar , Varun and Kishan as ready subs

And think of the reserve backups in Malik , nair and axar patel .

India can afford to attack from word go . They practised that against England . Also the bowlers are expert death bowlers . Finally most are above avg fielders . Bumrah and Shami have improved their batting too

This is first time india has gone all guns blazing . Strategy , back up , coaching staff , ipl in uae and dhoni as tactician . India are firm favorites

India versus england final is a gurantee .

Only dark horse is Sri Lanka . They are a decent side and the pitches in uae suit their game the most .

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Haider v Hafeez decision is one that could come to haunt Babar for many years to come - lets see!
    Haider is in good form while Hafeez is out of practice for quite a bit.

Ideally we perhaps shouldn’t play Malik n Hafeez in the same squad - only one of them should play.

IMO, Haider is an easy choice over Hafeez. And if we play both then Malik should warm the bench.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Suresh Raina writing for the ICC:

My experience in matches against Pakistan was that they always played their hearts out.

The two teams met at the ICC Men's T20 World Cup for the first time in the group stages in 2007, when India won in a bowl-out.

When India and Pakistan play, it's always exciting and good for fans to watch. Many millions of people tune in and expect to be entertained – they are never disappointed.

That was true from the start at the T20 World Cup and then they met in the final of the first tournament, with India winning by five runs.

I was involved in the games in 2014 and 2016. If you ask me, as a player, it was always a high-pressure game. In the build-up, everyone is just telling you how big it is.

You need to make sure you calm your nerves, focus on the process and play 40 overs of good cricket. It's easier said than done, but it's the only way to try to win that game.

It's all about handling the pressure and enjoying the game – if you can. That's what India have always done over the years, and tried to go out and do it for our country.

This year, it will be exciting as both Virat Kohli and Babar Azam are excellent leaders, and knowing how important the game is, there will be so much passion on show from both teams. You know that the captains will set the example on that front, and that passion filters through to the rest of the team.

Babar is one of the leading T20I batters in the world. Like Virat Kohli, he is proof that good batting and good captaincy go hand in hand.

The good thing from an Indian perspective is that there is a really strong line-up of experienced players with Virat joined by Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja as leaders of the team. Thanks to the IPL, our team has a lot of experience of playing in the UAE and dealing with the conditions there which should stand them in good stead.

On the other hand, the fact that Babar has senior players around him like Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez will help him because this is still the first major tournament in which he is captaining the team.

It's going to be a very good contest with Virat in one corner and Babar in another. They are both really competitive guys who know what the rivalry is all about.

The fans have enjoyed this rivalry over the years and it is cricket at its best.

It has come down the generations from Kapil Dev, Imran Khan, Sourav Ganguly, Inzamam-ul-Haq, MS Dhoni and now we have Kohli and Babar.

It's a great legacy to have and I hope we get another game to remember.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan underperforms in WC games, its deliberate and we know why
    Phir haregi

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan bowler Mohammed Amir heaped huge praise on Indian pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah and called him the best T20 bowler in the world. Amir, who announced his retirement from international cricket last year, said that Bumrah is a complete bowler with his ability to bowl well in the death overs. Team India is all set to kickstart their T20 World Cup campaign on Sunday with the clash against arch-rivals Pakistan.

In the last couple of years, Pakistan pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi has impressed many with his disciplined bowling, however, Amir feels that it would be foolish to compare him with Bumrah at the moment.

“See, comparing Shaheen with Bumrah at this point would be foolish because Shaheen is young and he is learning. And Bumrah has been doing well for India since so long and currently, I think he is the best T20 bowler, especially in the death over," Amir said on the YouTube channel ‘Uncut’.

Shaheen has been touted as the next big thing in Pakistan cricket and Amir also feels that he is the best bowler in his team at the moment.

“But Shaheen is Pakistan’s best bowler at the moment, given the way he has been performing in the last year, year-and-a-half. So, this promises to be a good contest. Bumrah bowls brilliantly with the new ball and among youngsters, Shaheen is the best when the ball is new."

As a unit, Amir said that Pakistan have a better pace attack than India as Bhuvneshwar Kumar struggled in the recently concluded IPL 2021.

“As far as fast bowling is concerned, Pakistan are better. Hasan Ali and Shaheen are doing well and Haris Rauf too. These are the best T20 bowlers in the death overs. From India’s point of view, Bhuvi was struggling in the IPL, so Bumrah is the only one you can say is bowling well," added the former pacer.

He further said that in the spin department India have an edge over the Pakistan team with quality spinners like Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Varun Chakravarthy.

“Shami too can bowl well but mostly with the new ball, I feel. I don’t know about his death bowling much but Bumrah is a complete bowler. In the spin department, India have the edge. Ashwin, Jadeja and Chakravarthy did well in the IPL."

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...r-4352642.html

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have named a 12-man squad for tomorrow's match versus India:

Babar Azam
    M Rizwan
    Fakhar Zaman
    M Hafeez
    Shoaib Malik
    Asif Ali
    Shadab Khan
    Imad Wasim
    Hassan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi
    Haris Rauf
    Haider Ali

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's the first game but its make or break for me

If we get beaten by India then it would be difficult for me to remain interested for the remaining games. Sorry.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like haider ali will miss out . Rest will play

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli has said that Pandya is getting better could bowl a couple of overs per match if needed and India could play him as just a batter at number 6 also if needed

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a joke still no nawaz he will make a entry after pakistan couple of losses it seems & it will be too late till then just like in '19 wc.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Pakistan have named a 12-man squad for tomorrow's match versus India:

Babar Azam
    M Rizwan
    Fakhar Zaman
    M Hafeez
    Shoaib Malik
    Asif Ali
    Shadab Khan
    Imad Wasim
    Hassan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi
    Haris Rauf
    Haider Ali
    Why every time Pakistan announces 12 men team a day before a big game? It doesn't happen anywhere else. Only Pakistan does this. Why?

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís not Haider vs Hafeez.... itís Asif vs Haider and Iím sure after that innings vs SA asif will get the nod. Though I do agree that only 1 of Hafeez and Malik should be in the lineup but canít help the managements mindset. Babar requested the inclusion of Malik so Iím guessing both the 40+ will be playing taking a spot away from a deserving youngster.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow pak are actually going to go with hassan, afridi and Rauf against India lol. The most expensive seam attack in world cricket

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former left-arm quick Mohammad Amir has made his prediction for the upcoming blockbuster T20 World Cup match between India and Pakistan on Sunday.

Amir, 29, mentioned that even though it is hard to predict results in T20 cricket, he would believe that India hold a slight advantage over Pakistan due to the fact that they are coming into the ICC event having played the Indian Premier League which took place in the UAE.

"To be honest, you cannot predict much in T20 cricket. As far as India vs Pakistan is concerned, you can say that India are unbeaten against Pakistan until now but you can't really decide anything in a T20 match," Amir said on the show Uncut.

"But I will give India the edge because their players recently played the IPL here. So, they know the conditions better than Pakistan. The prediction for me will be 60-40. 10 percent I will give India."

Even though Pakistan have won more matches than India overall, they have never been able to get it past their rivals in World Cups. India brag of a formidable 12-0 record against Pakistan – 7-0 in ODIs and 5-0 in the 50-overs format – when it comes to the showpiece event.

Amir feels the team handling pressure well will have a better chance of winning the match and added that contrary to the earlier beliefs that Ind-Pak matches were about India's batsmen up against Pakistan's bowlers, things are different now.

"India vs Pakistan is always under pressure. Babar is leading the team and is performing well. This is a plus point for Pakistan. His pair with Rizwan is doing well. Pakistan's batting is not doing too badly to be honest," he added.

"Earlier, we used to say that it was about Pakistan's bowling up against India's batting. But now I feel Pakistan's batting appears slightly stronger because Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli were struggling in the IPL. So, they will be under a bit of pressure."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...961105410.html

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Pandya should not play. I mean I have been one of his biggest admirer over the years but he has become a liability now. A firing Shardul anyday over an unfit Pandya.

They key to success in a T20 game is powerplay batting. Team that wins the powerplay most often wins the game, especially on these slow surfaces. So I would send Kishan to open and give him full licence to go from ball 1.

Rohit & Kohli will be consolidators.

SKY's role (at 4) will vary depends on circumstance, he is someone who can play both attacking and anchor role.

KL Rahul should play the role Pandya was trusted to do i.e hitting six in the end overs. Pant and if required Jadeja should join him.

If we are having a very bad game, Shardul to follow can bat a bit as well.

Shami and Bumrah will be my 2 seam bowlers, Varun C will be the spinner.

Shami should bowl 3 overs at top with new ball (1st, 3rd and 5th over)

Bumrah will bowl 2 and Shardul 1 in power play.

Bumrah and Varun C should bowl at the death - 16th to 20th overs.
    Good points.

The only difference is, i'd have Kl and rohit to open and have Shardul for hardik and Ashwin for ishan.
    We need 5 bowlers + the cushion of shardul if someone has an off day + he is a decent biffer.
    Ashwin with his experience would be hard to score.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I thought it was Haider vs Malik?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just like Mo Rizwan has conned his way into the starting XI with inflated performances, so has Harris Rauf

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are underestimating the Pakistani bowling power.
    They have the luxury of options.
    Definitely the spin options of hafeez & malik, and both can be given an over each, if the pacers go for runs.

Both India & Pakistan will have to earn it, no freebies in tomorrows game.

India should be aware of the adversary, and play the necessary techincal, tactical & mind games

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not Haider vs Hafeez... Pakistan need Hafeez's tight bowling and a proper 6th bowling option. And no, Malik is no longer that option anymore.

It's between Asif & Haider and the easy and better choice is Haider who is more dynamic and has the potential to play a match winning innings. Asif does not.

Nonetheless, based on the warm up games, nothing will be changing and they'll be going with status quo.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manzy2599 View Post
    Itís not Haider vs Hafeez.... itís Asif vs Haider and Iím sure after that innings vs SA asif will get the nod. Though I do agree that only 1 of Hafeez and Malik should be in the lineup but canít help the managements mindset. Babar requested the inclusion of Malik so Iím guessing both the 40+ will be playing taking a spot away from a deserving youngster.

Now that I see the announced 12, I 100% agree.

After watching how miserable and pathetic Asifís batting looked in that warm up game, I will take Haider 10 out of 10 times over Asif.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly Hafeez is in the 15 for ?, Not only he is approaching 45 , but considering his pathetic form over last 6 months in any level of T20 cricket , he should have not been selected. Haider should be preferred over him , even Sarfraz ( not my favorite otherwise ) would do better on these wickets against India .

Asif is a walking wicket , I saw him playing on CPL, his making to double digits was an event .

This should be the batting against India ,

1-Babar
    2-Rizwan
    3-Fakhar
    4-Haider
    5-Shoiab
    6-Sarfraz ( but now his out to Asif should be preferred over Hafeez , unfortunately )
    7-Shadab ( Should be Nawaz )
    8-Amad
    9-Hasan
    10-Shaheen
    11-Street cricketer.

The gutless selectors , will not drop Hafeez, I'm afraid and he will play and Bumbra and co will be smiling.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I thought it was Haider vs Malik?
    Please explain on what basis Hafeez should in playing eleven , performance or over 45 quota ??

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watching the first two games of the tournament, it appears that over aggressive batting in the power play only results in 3/4 wickets falling down.

This makes Babar and Rizwan's role even more important. If they can play the same way they have all year than that can set us up easily for totals around 150-165 which should be match winning.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should be the team based on how effective spinners are proving to be in this competition so far:

1. Babar
    2. Rizwan
    3. Fakhar
    4. Hafeez
    5. Shoaib
    6. Haider
    7. Nawaz
    8. Imad
    9. Shadab
    10. Hasan
    11. Shaheen

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The batting is going to be top 3 or bust. If Babar, Rizwan or Fakhar don't score, Pakistan will lose as guys like Hafeez, Shoaib and Asif are simply not good enough.
    The bowling will largely depend on Shaheen and possibly Imad to suddenly find form. None of the other bowlers are either suited to playing on these pitches or in the case of Shadab and Haris capable of competing at the top level.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever win but match should be high scoring not like today match's

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As the first 2 games have shown,the toss is a huge factor. Chase and win

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdurmirr View Post
    Just watching the first two games of the tournament, it appears that over aggressive batting in the power play only results in 3/4 wickets falling down.

This makes Babar and Rizwan's role even more important. If they can play the same way they have all year than that can set us up easily for totals around 150-165 which should be match winning.
    Yes. Pakistan's strategy perfectly suits this pitch. Steady opening and then launch with Fakhar and Asif

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More emphasis should be on winning this World cup.

I will be attending all matches of Pakistan ( Group stage) in Dubai (2) Abu Dhabi (1) Sharjah (2). It is due to nature of my job as I have close connections with some sponsors.

I have attended some internal meetings as well. Silent or quiet word is that Indians are also scared of Pakistan, it is just that they are not showing it.

Our forums, media and papers take Indo-Pak matches way too much seriously. It is simply a match. I am just not overly excited about attending this game tomorrow.

More focus should be winning 4 out of 5 games and reaching semi finals. Every team is equal, and even if Pak defeats India and Nzl, they can lose against Afghanistan ( remember they gave us a match in 2019) or even Scotland ( saga of Ireland 2007).

Pak needs to treat each match as do or die. Giving hype to just one match is no good at all. Such policy dented our approach in 2014/16 editions.

Winning 2017 icc champions trophy at Oval in front of 1 Billion global audience was no small feat. Keep emotions in check and take one match at a time.
    Last edited by Sarwar89; 23rd October 2021 at 22:45. Reason: Spelling error

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at how these first 2 matches have panned out makes you think a Babar-Rizwan powerplay would be more appropriate than Finch-Warner, Roy-Buttler batting.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    I will be attending all matches of Pakistan ( Group stage) in Dubai (2) Abu Dhabi (1) Sharjah (2). It is due to nature of my job as I have close connections with some sponsors.

I have attended some internal meetings as well. Silent or quiet word is that Indians are also scared of Pakistan, it is just that they are not showing it.

Our forums, media and papers take Indo-Pak matches way too much seriously. It is simply a match. I am just not overly excited about attending this game tomorrow.

More focus should be winning 4 out of 5 games and reaching semi finals. Every team is equal, and even if Pak defeats India and Nzl, they can lose against Afghanistan ( remember they gave us a match in 2019) or even Scotland ( saga of Ireland 2007).

Pak needs to treat each match as do or die. Giving hype to just one match is no good at all. Such policy dented our approach in 2014/16 editions.

Winning 2017 icc champions trophy at Oval in front of 1 Billion global audience was no small feat. Keep emotions in check and take one match at a time.
    Lucky you man! Share some more insider news when you can plz.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Please explain on what basis Hafeez should in playing eleven , performance or over 45 quota ??
    Hafeez in UAE makes the XI just on his bowling alone.

His batting form is questionable but he is still a decent power hitter and a touch player.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    More than batting, I am worried about bowling especially our spinners are very average.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  20211024_004402.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  316.0 KB

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Slow pitch suits Hafeez more than Haider.... Plus his bowling ability..
    So Hafeez will play Tomorrow..
    Actually it's Haider vs Asif...

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of, what we have witnessed in the first day of Super 12. Batsmen need to apply themselve play percentage shots and consider 150 a winning total.

Team.batting first will always be at disadvantage about the winning total.

These sort of surfaces slightly even out the contest.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we play three pacers tomorrow, which we will, we deserve to lose on stupidity alone.

Hopefully they come to their senses and bring in Nawaz over Rauf

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will not. However hafeez can bowl. Pakistan usually takes couple of defeats to find its best combination

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Streak over. Pakistan to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli is yet to be dismissed against Pakistan in T20 World Cup matches. He has scored 78*(61) in 2012, 36*(32) in 2014 and 55*(37) in 2016 edition.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to players and fans from both sides.
    Hope it is a good game, may the best team win.

P.s. - but dont let there be a tie, because then only the betting houses will win.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling that Pakistan will give Virat Kohli is much needed form back. He had a quiet IPL and hasn't been performing in international stage either, at least not to the standards that he has set for himself.

Pakistan has the habit of giving struggling players their form back and VK has always come good against us anyway.

Forget KL, Rohit and the rest - VK, as always, is the one to watch out for. In the past, Amir has saved us but he is an atrocious bowler now. We need tp get him with the new ball and with swing - our only option.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing for Pakistan if they lose this match as they can forget this match in a day because Pakistan next match is on 26 oct . But bad things for Indian if they lost today match then we have to feel this pain for next 5 days due to big Gap between next match.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day with all these hypes we will end up loosing this match miserably. Our players cannot cope with pressure. Babar along with couple of batsmen will score duck and we will end up scored under 80, India will win this match by 8 wickets with 8 plus over to spare.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple Recipe for Failure
    1. Shoaib Malik - when was the last time he won game for us? decade ago? I mean seriously! He is every opposition's dream batsman. He brings nothing to the table.
    2. Shadab - He is a useless spinner who could barely spin and lacks any variation! Again every oppositions dream bowler.
    3. Rauf - Overrated medium pacer. He will be taken to the cleaners with his brainless flat short pitch bowling. He will provide a good batting practice to the opposition team though.

If there is any chance, replace Malik and Rauf with Dhani and Haider Ali. Too bad we are stuck with Shadab. Haider Ali is a game changer. Dhani can be a surprise x factor. Indias historically struggled with new bowlers.

I would rather lose with youngsters than with tried and tested failures.

Seriously Malik? Can I puke?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shehz View Post
    1. Shoaib Malik - when was the last time he won game for us? decade ago? I mean seriously! He is every opposition's dream batsman. He brings nothing to the table.
    2. Shadab - He is a useless spinner who could barely spin and lacks any variation! Again every oppositions dream bowler.
    3. Rauf - Overrated medium pacer. He will be taken to the cleaners with his brainless flat short pitch bowling. He will provide a good batting practice to the opposition team though.

If there is any chance, replace Malik and Rauf with Dhani and Haider Ali. Too bad we are stuck with Shadab. Haider Ali is a game changer. Dhani can be a surprise x factor. Indias historically struggled with new bowlers.

Additionaly, I also believe Dhani brings lot of grit, courage and is a fighter. A conservative approach never worked for us against India

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Best Wishes from Pakistan for our squad:

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shehz View Post

I agree and would like to add... who seriously thought Asif Ali was good enough for international cricket?! He's barely good enough for domestic cricket!

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team would be:

Babar Azam (c)
    Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
    Fakhar Zaman
    Shoaib Malik
    Haider Ali
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shadab Khan
    Imad Wasim
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen Shah Afridi
    Haris Rauf

My preference would be to bowl first, but even if we bat first, it will work in our favor if there is no dew present.

Let's hope that Pakistan can start off the campaign well.