"I feel leadership will be key in the coming match between India and Pakistan" : Matthew Hayden


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,508
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    "I feel leadership will be key in the coming match between India and Pakistan" : Matthew Hayden

    Karachi, Oct 21 (PTI) Former Australia opener Matthew Hayden says leadership will be key in the much anticipated India-Pakistan T20 World Cup clash in "dogfight conditions" in Dubai on Sunday.

    Terming the match a real dogfight, Hayden who is working with the Pakistan team as batting consultant, margin for error will be very little in the big match so leadership will be the key to the outcome of the match.

    Hayden cited examples of MS Dhoni and Eoin Morgan, who led their respective IPL franchises with success when their own individual performances were not at expected levels.

    "Their individual performances were not as good as they have previously done as per their statistical records but the way they led their troops and conducted themselves played an important part in their teams reaching the IPL final in UAE conditions," Hayden said in a media interaction.

    "I feel leadership will be key in the coming match as conditions in UAE leave very little margin for error and there are dogfight conditions out there."

    Hayden said Pakistan captain Babar Azam had a role to play in the match as a leader and a premium batter.

    "There will be additional pressure on him as captain and batsman because he will be targeted and everyone will be wanting to, like they say, put him in their pocket. Babar has command and presence and he needs to fulfil that role in a batting sense and captain."

    Hayden also observed that having followed Indian cricket very closely over the years, he believed that KL Rahul and Rishab Pant pose the biggest threat to Pakistan in the match.

    "More or less I have watched KL Rahul grow and he is a major threat to Pakistan. I have watched him grow up as a boy. I have seen his struggles and his dominance in shorter formats.

    "I have seen someone like Rishab Pant, his brash nature and beautiful vision for the game, how he has destroyed bowling attacks because he has got the opportunity because he sees it that way."

    The Australian opener also said having watched the various elements of the game and been part of it he can say that nothing matches the rivalry between Pakistan and India.

    "For an Australian obviously the Ashes and matches against England are tops but nothing matches the rivalry of these two teams.”

    Hayden said Pakistan have some wonderful assets that will perform on the given day. He termed Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar Zaman as key players for Pakistan.

    Asked about his short-term role as consultant with the Pakistan team, Hayden said his main purpose was to bring calmness and control and telling the players to remain very present in play because World Cups are challenging things.

    "I have learnt for whatever reason you are always under pressure, you don't need to create additional pressure to what the game demands."

    https://www.latestly.com/agency-news...n-2973625.html

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2207
Size:  24.4 KB

    ==


    "For Australia, England is their old guard as they would say, as at various stages we have been ruled by the Kingdom of the UK and cricket wouldn't be on our shores if it hadn't been the case"

    "But nothing also, that I have ever seen throughout various elements of the game that I have been part of, ever matches the rivalry between India and Pakistan."

    "There is an obvious pressure of an Indo-Pak match, as there is obvious pressure if you play against England if you are an Australian, but the pressure is only what you allow it to be.

    "It's a history-making opportunity. We can present all the stats, homework and research and nothing can replace what will be the state, what we dream about, write about and coach about, which will be the event itself."

    "The mood is high, the relationships within the team are very strong and the players seem very happy and relaxed in spite of the obvious pressure starting from our first match."

    "I sense that KL Rahul is a major threat to Pakistan. His dominance in the shorter format is good. Someone like Rishab Pant, with a cheeky smile and his brash nature and beautiful vision for the game, is a destroyer."

    "Babar is our premier player and will be targeted and as Chris Gayle (West Indian great) says 'everyone wants to put him in his pocket'.

    AFP

    ==


    Dubai, 21 October 2021: Pakistan batting consultant Matthew Hayden has said its going to be a dogfight in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 when the Group stage matches commence on 23 October with Pakistan taking on India in Dubai on 24 October in a Group-2 fixture.

    “One side is not necessarily going to run away with it (match) here. It’s going to be a real dogfight as the conditions and margins for errors are very little. So, good leadership is going to be key.

    “I think Babar (Azam) commands that presence, he commands that role and he needs to fulfill that role,” Hayden told reporters in a virtual session on Thursday afternoon.

    “On the batting sense a well, Babar, I think he is the premium player and he will be targeted. As Chris Gayle said ‘put in his pocket’. Yes, there will be additional pressure on him both as a captain and batsman, but I sense the way he goes about his job, I think he will be spot-on.

    “Shaheen bowled the penultimate over against South Africa (on Wednesday) and despite going for two fours, including a streaky one, he bowled a great over. The penultimate over is critical in T20, so that added with his new-ball skills make him a top-performer,” Hayden said.

    Hayden was delighted to be in greens and involved with the Pakistan cricket team, when he said: “It is a great honour and a privilege to share my knowledge and the dressing room with Pakistan team.

    “I must confess I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be sitting inside the Pakistan dressing room.

    “The mood is on a high, the relationships between the players seem strong and the players seem happy and relaxed despite the obvious pressures including that of our first game.”

    “This camp has got some wonderful assets that will perform on the day. It is exciting to see how Fakhar Zaman, for instance, has and not to single him out, prepared and performed in the warm-up games. He certainly has the potential to deliver the same in a few days’ time.

    “The top-three will be critical in the UAE as we have seen that the teams that dominate the PowerPlay tend to win most games here.

    “Total beyond 200 would be highly unlikely in these conditions since the average score is around 170 in Abu Dhabi, 150 in Sharjah and around 170 in Dubai, so that is what we will be aiming for rather than 10 runs per over from the start,” remarked Hayden.

    Talking about Pakistan-India rivalry and looking ahead to 24 October match, Hayden said: “For Australia, it is England. That is the old guard as they say, but nothing I think matches the rivalry between India and Pakistan.

    “There is obvious pressure, but the pressure is only as much as you allow it to be.

    “The preparations have been done, the experience is there and now there is the opportunity which is a history making opportunity. I think our players are pretty calm and looking forward to the game, all that had to be done is done and now it is the opportunity of playing the game.

    Commenting on power-hitting and the role of the power-hitters in the UAE, Hayden said: “If you were to take the average strike-rate across the UAE, most sides will be very similar. Most sides start very conservatively with the bat and build through the sixth over, trying not to have three or four wickets down, trying to minimise the damage to the batting assets.

    “Power-hitting through is an important element of T20 cricket. If you have a look at Sunil Narine, he can make an impact, the way Hasan Ali can do the same. He strikes the ball differently to people with great power and is has an extremely important role. You need to have those dynamic players who can come between the 15-20 over and do the damage.

    “Under-rate is properly a too strong a word, but certainly used with wisdom and combined with the opportunities the game provides, the power-hitting and power-hitters are a key asset to any side and every side has one or two.”
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2021 at 19:53.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    2,255
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder if our boys are picking up anything Hayden has to say. I can imagine someone like Fakhar get real benefit from a stint like this.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,027
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our leader is Babar Azam

    ‘Buddha ho geyaan’

    Great words of inspiration

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,690
    Mentioned
    7526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    He can’t even be bothered to say “we”
    He is still issuing the term “Pakistan”.

    The fact that he has no choice but to wear our training kit must be seriously bothering him.

    I bet deep down, he’s hoping India to beat Pakistan.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,820
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He can’t even be bothered to say “we”
    He is still issuing the term “Pakistan”.

    The fact that he has no choice but to wear our training kit must be seriously bothering him.

    I bet deep down, he’s hoping India to beat Pakistan.
    Bruh he CHOSE to wear the Pakistan kit for some extra money. How did he not have a choice? Have you lost your marbles? Maybe IPL didn’t pay Hayden enough to leave him with “no choice”

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    871
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He can’t even be bothered to say “we”
    He is still issuing the term “Pakistan”.

    The fact that he has no choice but to wear our training kit must be seriously bothering him.

    I bet deep down, he’s hoping India to beat Pakistan.
    I mean really.

  8. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    3,518
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is unlike our brainless MisWaq who would say we will scare them with pace (Wt20 2016) , Hayden knows where to put the money. He isn't betting on Kohli as the biggest threat rather Rahul and Pant. This is the difference someone brings who has been associated with IPL and top cricket teams. And it's not just words, I am sure he and Phillander will bring some plans. Even here on this forum many recognise Rahul, Pant ,Pandya as bigger match winners than Kohli or Rohit. But I am sure if it was our vision less coaches they would never focus on broad aspects. We can harp about talent or that we are not an A team but I feel it's overrated. SA despite being a top team won nothing over years. In a WC, you need someone who understands the pressure handling and being switched on in the field. And I see no better than Haydos

  9. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    149
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He can’t even be bothered to say “we”
    He is still issuing the term “Pakistan”.

    The fact that he has no choice but to wear our training kit must be seriously bothering him.

    I bet deep down, he’s hoping India to beat Pakistan.
    What a senseless post

  10. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    15,213
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    These batting and bowling "consultants" must have the best jobs in the world don't they. I mean, what do you expect them to change in the course of two weeks. They can't do much except shell out pieces of advice and act as a motivator for the team and get paid handsomely for those pearls of wisdom for the 2 or 3 week time the tournament runs.

    I expect Hayden's team talk to be along these lines "I want everyone of you to first believe in yourselves guys, that you're champions..That you're the best team in the world. Because if you don't believe you're the best, nobody will believe you're the best. Back in our days, me and my mates in the Australian team always believed we were the best and could beat any team in the world, and that's why we succeeded. Believe!"

    I'm guessing the leadership talk between Haydos and Babar would've went something like this..

    Name:  images (23).jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  24.5 KB

  11. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,956
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khiska View Post
    What a senseless post
    And pointless, Hayden has only been with the team for few weeks, and that too and Mamoon's expects him to nationalise into a Pakistani.

  12. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    990
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He can’t even be bothered to say “we”
    He is still issuing the term “Pakistan”.

    The fact that he has no choice but to wear our training kit must be seriously bothering him.

    I bet deep down, he’s hoping India to beat Pakistan.
    hahahah I sincerely hope this is a joke, otherwise things aren't looking good

  13. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    18,752
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    These batting and bowling "consultants" must have the best jobs in the world don't they. I mean, what do you expect them to change in the course of two weeks. They can't do much except shell out pieces of advice and act as a motivator for the team and get paid handsomely for those pearls of wisdom for the 2 or 3 week time the tournament runs.

    I expect Hayden's team talk to be along these lines "I want everyone of you to first believe in yourselves guys, that you're champions..That you're the best team in the world. Because if you don't believe you're the best, nobody will believe you're the best. Back in our days, me and my mates in the Australian team always believed we were the best and could beat any team in the world, and that's why we succeeded. Believe!"

    I'm guessing the leadership talk between Haydos and Babar would've went something like this..

    Name:  images (23).jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  24.5 KB
    I seriously doubt it. It would be more along the lines of making minor adjustments to the bounce( or lack threreof) and what positions to try and get in to play pace and for spin etc. How best to counter specific threats etc.

    If not, I'm not sure what he is being paid for.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  14. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like some are expecting Hayden to start singing the national anthem.

    Hayden presence itself is a massive boost to the less experienced players.

  15. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, Hayden would probably be urging Babar Azam to drop one of Hafeez/Malik to accommodate Haider Ali.

    He's spoken a lot about giving youngsters opportunities, so I would not be surprised.

    Hafeez's batting form has regressed tremendously, he does not merit a batting spot in the top 4 for me.

  16. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    16,177
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Bruh he CHOSE to wear the Pakistan kit for some extra money. How did he not have a choice? Have you lost your marbles? Maybe IPL didn’t pay Hayden enough to leave him with “no choice”
    he is not getting paid by Pakistan, he is our coach based on sponsor.

    Basically sponsors are dictating who to caoch us, pathetic stuff by rameez raja


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  17. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still dont understand why Hayden was selected.

    1. He doesn't have any consulting/coaching experience.
    2. He is not extremely familiar with UAE conditions.
    3. He is a ODI and Test legend, but has never been a T20 stalwart.
    4. (this is not much of a point, but still) His accent must feel so strange to the Pak players. Half of his motivational talk would be lost on the players.
    5. Appointing 2 consultants just before an ICC tournament (when you already have 2 brand new coaches in Saqlain and Razzaq) is questionable strategy.

    But then if Pak wins the World cup, this appointment of Hayden would look like a masterstroke by Ramiz.

  18. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    I still dont understand why Hayden was selected.

    1. He doesn't have any consulting/coaching experience.
    2. He is not extremely familiar with UAE conditions.
    3. He is a ODI and Test legend, but has never been a T20 stalwart.
    4. (this is not much of a point, but still) His accent must feel so strange to the Pak players. Half of his motivational talk would be lost on the players.
    5. Appointing 2 consultants just before an ICC tournament (when you already have 2 brand new coaches in Saqlain and Razzaq) is questionable strategy.

    But then if Pak wins the World cup, this appointment of Hayden would look like a masterstroke by Ramiz.
    Marketing for Pakistan team. You need some big names to be associated with an average-level club team.
    Apart from Babar the whole team is forgettable. Therefore, from a marketing point of view, it is needed.

  19. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. I hope there is a tangible benefit (in terms of return on investment) to this marketing-hire, then.


    Quote Originally Posted by rockyboy2018 View Post
    Marketing for Pakistan team. You need some big names to be associated with an average-level club team.
    Apart from Babar the whole team is forgettable. Therefore, from a marketing point of view, it is needed.

  20. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    85,763
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Kohli versus Babar could indeed be the key battle.

    Many of these big matches are won in the mind through good leadership and clear thinking.



  21. #20
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,772
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He can’t even be bothered to say “we”
    He is still issuing the term “Pakistan”.

    The fact that he has no choice but to wear our training kit must be seriously bothering him.

    I bet deep down, he’s hoping India to beat Pakistan.

    This post actually says a lot more about you than it does about Hayden. Reread what you said, introspect and you'll see what I'm talking about. I feel for you.


  22. #21
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,772
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    he is not getting paid by Pakistan, he is our coach based on sponsor.

    Basically sponsors are dictating who to caoch us, pathetic stuff by rameez raja
    Huh? You don't know what you are talking about.

    Coaches are going to sponsor the fee, but PCB decides who to bring in.

  23. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    I still dont understand why Hayden was selected.

    1. He doesn't have any consulting/coaching experience.
    2. He is not extremely familiar with UAE conditions.
    3. He is a ODI and Test legend, but has never been a T20 stalwart.
    4. (this is not much of a point, but still) His accent must feel so strange to the Pak players. Half of his motivational talk would be lost on the players.
    5. Appointing 2 consultants just before an ICC tournament (when you already have 2 brand new coaches in Saqlain and Razzaq) is questionable strategy.

    But then if Pak wins the World cup, this appointment of Hayden would look like a masterstroke by Ramiz.
    They would’ve been better off taking MoYo instead, since he’s spent a good amount of time with some of the batsmen in the team.

    Don’t know what was going through Rambo’s head.

  24. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    1,300
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like @rockyboy2018 said, this could be a marketing hire, to get high profile attention for Pak team from broadcasters and sponsors, like when it comes to interviews etc, Hayden and Philander can speak for PCT better than say, Yousuf, Razzaq or Saqlain.

    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    They would’ve been better off taking MoYo instead, since he’s spent a good amount of time with some of the batsmen in the team.

    Don’t know what was going through Rambo’s head.

  25. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    2,472
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is going to be Kohli vs Azam, I'll put my money on Azam.

    Kohli really bottles it up as captain sometimes.

  26. #25
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    2,772
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Huh? You don't know what you are talking about.

    Coaches are going to sponsor the fee, but PCB decides who to bring in.
    *Sponsors (that is Bank Alfalah) is going to take care of the fee but has no say in coaches selections

  27. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    85,763
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I'd like to think that even though he may be seen as an 'outsider' by many, Hayden's professionalism and his pride would mean that if he saw something wrong or poor attitude from a player, he would not stay silent and would speak up.

    I'd like to think that he wasn't just accepting this as easy money and would want to make a difference in the short period of time he may be working with the Pakistani players.
    Last edited by Saj; 22nd October 2021 at 01:36.



  28. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,676
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the contest between Bumrah and Babar will be key
    Also the contest between Shaheen and KL

  29. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    659
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I think the contest between Bumrah and Babar will be key
    Also the contest between Shaheen and KL
    Babar is more likely to be troubled by Varun ( if he is selected )

  30. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,825
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Babar's leadership stands up to a whole lot of scrutiny. Hopefully the match can be decided in other aspects.


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  31. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    14,287
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our skipper wasn't even good enough to captain his franchise.

    The battle for leadership is lost before it began.

    Only a freakish innings or spell can win it for Pakistan.

  32. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,676
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NishanKonar View Post
    Babar is more likely to be troubled by Varun ( if he is selected )
    Will he be selected I think you have to get Babar out in the first 6 overs.i think Jadeja and Ashwin will play then it depends on conditions if they play a seemer or another spinner

  33. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    724
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    If it is going to be Kohli vs Azam, I'll put my money on Azam.

    Kohli really bottles it up as captain sometimes.
    That’s why BCCI has asked MSD to be part of the dug out. Believe he can bring the much needed clarity of thought when things get heated as the margin of error is so small.

  34. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,508
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Matthew Hayden effect:

    In an old interview this is what Hayden said when asked about visualization:

    For example, I might be sitting on the wicket right now and seeing Zaheer Khan coming in to bowl from round the wicket, and trying to deviate through a swinging delivery with a new ball and trapping me in front. Visualising what that looks like and seeing how I process that in my head before that event happens so that there are no surprises. It might be that he was trying to bowl a slower bouncer with two people back - I am just working through the scenarios and understanding how I was going to win on each of those occasions, and how I can master and control my own destiny. I might be there for ten minutes and feel confident that I don't need any more, or I might be there for two hours.

    and see Rizwan:



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  35. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,690
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Matthew Hayden effect:

    In an old interview this is what Hayden said when asked about visualization:

    For example, I might be sitting on the wicket right now and seeing Zaheer Khan coming in to bowl from round the wicket, and trying to deviate through a swinging delivery with a new ball and trapping me in front. Visualising what that looks like and seeing how I process that in my head before that event happens so that there are no surprises. It might be that he was trying to bowl a slower bouncer with two people back - I am just working through the scenarios and understanding how I was going to win on each of those occasions, and how I can master and control my own destiny. I might be there for ten minutes and feel confident that I don't need any more, or I might be there for two hours.

    and see Rizwan:

    Matthew Hayden needs some credit for this victory, sometimes its not about technical adjustments but also changing mindset and mentality, very rarely have i seen pakistan so composed didnt even give a sniff to india, the only chance they had was from a run out and even that was not out. Still early days but lets hope this shift carries on and we get better and better throughout the tournament.

  36. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,297
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hayden gave an interview to Australian channels today

    It dispelled any notion that I had that he was just there to collect the cash.

    Seems to be quite motivated, and we as honest with the fact he was only working on the mental side of things. Also talked up Haider Ali.

    Interestingly he also mentioned how much he admires the spirituality of the side ( ie praying).

    It’s good to get some ex Australian players on side.


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  37. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    3,518
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Hayden gave an interview to Australian channels today

    It dispelled any notion that I had that he was just there to collect the cash.

    Seems to be quite motivated, and we as honest with the fact he was only working on the mental side of things. Also talked up Haider Ali.

    Interestingly he also mentioned how much he admires the spirituality of the side ( ie praying).

    It’s good to get some ex Australian players on side.
    Yes. He mentioned also that Indian team has been facing 130 clicks all along in IPL. Different ball game facing Shaheen at 140 plus and swinging. And KL Rahul hadn't faced a ball like that

  38. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    29,904
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Matthew Hayden effect:

    In an old interview this is what Hayden said when asked about visualization:

    For example, I might be sitting on the wicket right now and seeing Zaheer Khan coming in to bowl from round the wicket, and trying to deviate through a swinging delivery with a new ball and trapping me in front. Visualising what that looks like and seeing how I process that in my head before that event happens so that there are no surprises. It might be that he was trying to bowl a slower bouncer with two people back - I am just working through the scenarios and understanding how I was going to win on each of those occasions, and how I can master and control my own destiny. I might be there for ten minutes and feel confident that I don't need any more, or I might be there for two hours.

    and see Rizwan:

    Good stuff, if Hayden has indeed conveyed such wisdom to the players then fair play. It’s not any old mumbo jumbo, one of the greatest coaches of all time in Bob Woolmer covers the aspect of visualisation in great detail in the art and science of cricket book, it was a great tool for myself to during club level adventures.

  39. #38
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,400
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullycricket View Post
    Yes. He mentioned also that Indian team has been facing 130 clicks all along in IPL. Different ball game facing Shaheen at 140 plus and swinging. And KL Rahul hadn't faced a ball like that
    This is what happens when you keep Pakistani cricketers out of IPL lol

  40. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    29,904
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    This is what happens when you keep Pakistani cricketers out of IPL lol
    Rauf was a bit of an un-sung hero bowling at that pace so accurately, he bowled his heart out and was desperate to control his line/length, wasn’t predictable either, the best day of his life wonder if he can repeat it lo Must not have been easy facing a guy regularly clocking above 90mph, it’s an asset when used correctly, horsey Mark Wood is big benefit similarly in the England XI

  41. #40
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    5,400
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Rauf was a bit of an un-sung hero bowling at that pace so accurately, he bowled his heart out and was desperate to control his line/length, wasn’t predictable either, the best day of his life wonder if he can repeat it lo Must not have been easy facing a guy regularly clocking above 90mph, it’s an asset when used correctly, horsey Mark Wood is big benefit similarly in the England XI
    He has improved leaps and bounds in a matter of months. I remember back during the England tour, his doing some utterly brainless bowling and getting hammered as a result of it.

    Glad to see him improve and grow as a bowler, because we all know he has all the tools to be successful at the highest level. And so far he has shown that in both matches. The only thing that I hope he keeps in check are the injuries. Which is something that Wood regularly struggles with aswell.

  42. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    4,225
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought I would like Hayden after what he used to do to Pakistan in his time in the invincibles.

    But I do now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •