"Who knows what planning was happening and suddenly a team was announced" : Misbah-ul-Haq

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Who knows what planning was happening and suddenly a team was announced" : Misbah-ul-Haq

Misbah talks about why he resigned

"The scenario was different than the normal way of selecting teams, as in this case I was in the West Indies (due to testing positive for COVID-19) and it appears that everybody has changed their minds, and who knows what planning is happening and suddenly a team is announced"

Then asked if this was the reason he resigned?

"Look, there are somethings that you don't need to say, and this is something Waqar Younis has also said that do you not think that Waqar and I who have worked with the side for the past 2 years have any say in this? Or do people on the outside have more knowledge?

"We, who have served Pakistan for so long and captained the side for 7 years, will suddenly start thinking of ourselves (and resign)?"

==

Speaking about Fakhar Zaman:

"To not keep Fakhar Zaman in the initial squad was something I could not understand, because Fakhar played really well in South Africa at number 3. In England, because of Sohaib Maqsood and with an eye towards the T20 World Cup, we moved him to the 5-6 position as we weren't getting much contribution"

"We told him to try this out but mainly we saw him playing for us at the number 3 position. What then happened when he came back to Pakistan was what we all saw - I was feeling so bad about that this guy has performed well in 3-4 games and we moved him down the order and suddenly he is out of the squad, and all this after he had performed well at the number 3 position"
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd October 2021 at 01:45.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he talked a lot and hyped himself up and didnt deliver anything...

His selections were poor, and team tactics were club level at best.
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd October 2021 at 00:21.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Misbah spent more time concentrating on succeeding at his job than dreaming up perfect excuses, then he might have done better. If you combine his coaching/captaincy/cs career he has come out with every excuse in the book.

But this is his problem. His default position is negativity. As captain is first priority was to draw rather than win. As a coach he expects to lose so concentrates his efforts on devising the perfect excuse rather than the perfect strategy to win.

I know we’ll get the usual army of “there’s no talent so don’t blame misbah”. I don’t give a damn about that. Whether there is talent or not, no team in the world or in history needs such a defensive, self centred individual. He has one aim that is self preservation.

This has fed down to the team who only cared about saving their spaces in the team than performing to the best of their ability to win matches.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    If Misbah spent more time concentrating on succeeding at his job than dreaming up perfect excuses, then he might have done better. If you combine his coaching/captaincy/cs career he has come out with every excuse in the book.

But this is his problem. His default position is negativity. As captain is first priority was to draw rather than win. As a coach he expects to lose so concentrates his efforts on devising the perfect excuse rather than the perfect strategy to win.

I know we’ll get the usual army of “there’s no talent so don’t blame misbah”. I don’t give a damn about that. Whether there is talent or not, no team in the world or in history needs such a defensive, self centred individual. He has one aim that is self preservation.

This has fed down to the team who only cared about saving their spaces in the team than performing to the best of their ability to win matches.
    I don't think you watched the video in OP. If it was about self preservation he wouldn't have resigned.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah resigned because he was aware that he destroyed Pakistan team ....and he knew that he will be fired after T20 world cup as in T20 World Cup results will not favour him...as such he saved himself to get exposed....
    In reality he (Misbah) is a buzdil coward person who because of fear of defeat left team in midway...
    A coach is made to prepare the team for a mega event...but this Mr coward left team before the mega event...

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    He has a point - why wasn't he consulted?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He has a point - why wasn't he consulted?
    could you plz add that Fakhar Zaman qoute aswell, because i think that is really important and that was maybe one of the major factors why he resigend

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Misbah offered nothing and got paid well. The team was no better or worse than from when he took over. His selection of the openers was his biggest mistake

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    could you plz add that Fakhar Zaman qoute aswell, because i think that is really important and that was maybe one of the major factors why he resigend
    Added to post #1

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Misbah and Waqar think they delivered during their coaching tenure.

It was a giant flop and their entitlement is not looking good.

They should be humble in interviews or probably just keep quiet.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    I feel like Misbah and Waqar think they delivered during their coaching tenure.

It was a giant flop and their entitlement is not looking good.

They should be humble in interviews or probably just keep quiet.
    ? THese are not interviews. Hes a panelist along with Waqar and often these questions are posted by fans or by other panelist.

Misbah often tries to ignore such questions but when press than answers them

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have been consulted

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always had respect for Misbah and have never really understood this hatred for Misbah on PP.

He would have been fairly successful as a player/captain/coach this side of the border.

How can Misbah be blamed for UA or Shezad’s lack of talent and commitment? Beats me

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala977 View Post
    Always had respect for Misbah and have never really understood this hatred for Misbah on PP.

He would have been fairly successful as a player/captain/coach this side of the border.

How can Misbah be blamed for UA or Shezad’s lack of talent and commitment? Beats me
    I think PPers think that Misbah introduced and enforced defensive batting culture in all Pakistani batsmen.
    I don't think anybody can do OR will be willing to do that.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are they even saying. They make no sense just waffling, two questions:

1. Did they quit themselves?

2. Why did they quit?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Would like to shake the hand and hug the person who snubbed Misbah. Never has an individual been given so much power and influence in Pakistan Cricket before.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy to Misbah is sidelined by RR , no wonder Misbah is talking like a loser. Hope he will never be allowed to destroy Pakistan cricket in any role in future. Another reason I like RR.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indians have lots of respect for Misbah, obviously.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ppers dont really watch or understand cricket.

You can see the thread where the word india was removed from the jersey. 90% of the fans though it was real and were celebrating as if they had done a revolt against BCCI.

Barely a few of them had any idea that the hosts name is mentioned on the jersey. WHen argued, they demanded proof of such rules even after Pakistan released the new kit.

So its just the understanding of the game.

Misbah led Pakistan just like how Australians lead there team, by going with the conditions. Pakistani's have developed a false self belief that we are a fast bowling nation. Misbah destroyed their belief by playning spinners. I remember back in the early days around here we had posters saying that Misbah has destroyed the Pakistani cricket culture by playing 3 spinners in UAE. Later on now those posters accept that spinners are needed in UAE.

Than there is also fault with Misbah aswell. He doesnt come out in the media and say the injustice that happens. He just quietly accepts them and moves on. Today in the panel discussion he said that Iftikhar Ahmad is suffering because of him, becuase he is disliked by alot of people and everyone knows he vouches for Iftikhar, which is why Iftikhar also doesnt get selected

Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shezad are the butt of jokes around Pakistan cricket now. Thats there level.

Even in this thread you can see the few people celebrating RR, but they have no idea that RR made consultants in the team based on the sponsors. RR has allowed sponsors to have a say who should be consulted. Soon we will be having sponsors making us choose certain players
    Last edited by Major; 22nd October 2021 at 06:31.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    So happy to Misbah is sidelined by RR , no wonder Misbah is talking like a loser. Hope he will never be allowed to destroy Pakistan cricket in any role in future. Another reason I like RR.
    Don't worry. He is part of the Pakistani set up. He will be making money as an expert panelist with Waseem and Waqar, and would again be back in the Pakistani set up

People who hate him can cry

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere in the same show Misbah said that azamkhan, khushdil and hasnain were selected without consulting him. Wonder whose agenda m. wasim is working on? My mind keeps going back to RR comeback pressers where aaqib javed and moin khan were prominent.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's quite a big difference in the persona of Misbah during his playing years and Misbah of 2019-now.

He looks quite flustered and angry inside and seems a lot more combustible now even though he still manages to keep his composure. The Misbah of 2010-2018 was extremely polite and would always take the stringest of the criticisms without letting it get to him.
    He used to be a lot more for a lack of better word "jolly and nice" back then. Since his PCB's tenure, he's giving vibes of someone who's sort of hurt inside and cold and a bit of humility has been replaced with a stern mood.

I doubt he'll take a high profile hands on job in PCB again.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muqarrab View Post
    Somewhere in the same show Misbah said that azamkhan, khushdil and hasnain were selected without consulting him. Wonder whose agenda m. wasim is working on? My mind keeps going back to RR comeback pressers where aaqib javed and moin khan were prominent.
    It's wrong to underline the selection of honest hardworking kids like Khushdil and Hasnain for the mess that happened. It gives the vibe as if these two were the cause of the fallout. There are always players who are rated higher by one batch and not so by others.
    Azam on the other hand was a totally nepotistic selection.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    There's quite a big difference in the persona of Misbah during his playing years and Misbah of 2019-now.

He looks quite flustered and angry inside and seems a lot more combustible now even though he still manages to keep his composure. The Misbah of 2010-2018 was extremely polite and would always take the stringest of the criticisms without letting it get to him.
    He used to be a lot more for a lack of better word "jolly and nice" back then. Since his PCB's tenure, he's giving vibes of someone who's sort of hurt inside and cold and a bit of humility has been replaced with a stern mood.

I doubt he'll take a high profile hands on job in PCB again.
    He's been in the system for a while and now been backstabbed so would be feeling hurt. Plus the amount of criticism he receives surely has had an effect. He'll be back though with a bigger bite