[VIDEOS] Is Shoaib Akhtar justified in his anger at Nauman Niaz, or was he to blame?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Is Shoaib Akhtar justified in his anger at Nauman Niaz, or was he to blame?

So where do you stand on this issue?

The gist of the matter as such

1. Doctor Sahib felt Shoaib Akhtar was disrespectful to him on Live TV and told Akhtar to clear off
    2. Akhtar mian took umbrage and stormed off and has vowed nothing to do with PTV/Nauman ever

Both gentleman have been taken off air pending an inquiry and even the PM has taken notice of the situation.

The floor.... is yours.

==

Former Pakistan Test star Shoaib Akhtar resigned from his position as an analyst on live TV and stormed off the set after a fiery clash with the host.

Akhtar, 46, was appearing on Pakistan sport show Game on Hai to discuss the T20 World Cup match between Pakistan and New Zealand when he was interrupted by host Nauman Niaz.

It did not go down well with the former speedster. He took issue with Niaz who responded by firing back.

“You’re being a little rude, and I don’t want to say this, but if you are being over-smart, you can go. I am saying this on air,” Niaz said.

They quickly cut to a break but it did little to ease tensions, with Akhtar removing his microphone walking off the show once the broadcast resumed. Cricket greats David Gower and Viv Richards were also on the panel.

“Lots of apologies guys. I am resigning from PTV. The way I have been treated on national TV, I don’t think I should be sitting here right now,” he said.

Akhtar took to Twitter after the incident to explain his actions.

“I realised that there were superstars sitting with us, and I was worried about my image. I requested Niaz to end the matter as the clip can go viral, and I demanded an apology, but he didn’t.

“When he didn’t, I had enough and I decided to walk off as I just wanted an end to it. Being a national star, I felt bad as foreigners were amid us, and I didn’t want them to think this is how a national star is treated by his countrymen,” said Akhtar in the two-minute clip.

He then took aim at Niaz in a later post.

“Multiple clips are circulating on social media so I thought I shud clarify. dr noman was abnoxious (sic) and rude wen he asked me to leave the show,” he tweeted tweeted.

“It was embarrassing specially wen u have legends like sir Vivian Richards and David gower sitting on the set with some of my contemporaries and seniors and millions watching.

“I tried to save everyone from embarrassment by saying I was pulling dr nomans leg with this mutual understanding that dr noman will also politely apologise and we will move on with the show ,which he refused to do. Then I had no other choice

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...bcd293a6d04ff4
    Last edited by MenInG; 29th October 2021 at 16:26.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Prime Minister Imran Khan has taken notice of the on-air heated argument between former fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar and PTV Sports anchorperson Nauman Niaz.

Confirming the news Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Mohammad Khan revealed that the premier has also taken notice of the issue and has directed the committee to take immediate action.

Speaking in Geo News programme "Geo Pakistan", he said that Imran Khan was also upset that the host of the show insulted the national star.

Shedding light on his take, Khan said: “This is an unpleasant event, no one is bigger than the state and nobody can misuse his/her power.”

He further added that whatever the reason is one cannot insult anybody a common man should also be respected in the same manner as any celebrity, politician or minister.

“You cannot ask anybody to leave the show on the air, this is arrogance,” he said, adding that Dr Niaz should have evaluated his and Akhtar’s value.

“Akhtar has raised Pakistan’s flag high he was the only person who silenced India after he hit the middle stump of Indian great Sachin Tendulkar,” he recalled.

“Dr Niaz should have thought a hundred times before insulting Akhtar,” he maintained, questioning that is this how we treat our National stars in front of International cricket greats.

He was of the view that people around the world were watching the show it was a big day for Pakistan, our team had defeated New Zealand everybody was celebrating and this incident happened.

Khan reiterated that this is not how somebody should treat our national stars.

Acknowledging Akhtar’s efforts to resolve the issue on-air he said: “I would also appreciate Akhtar because contrary to his nature he acted calmly although he is known for his aggression because he is a fast bowler.

Shedding light on Niaz’s statement that he would not allow anybody else to host the show, the minister said that neither the state-owned channel belongs to anybody’s father nor does the show.

Everybody was watching the show and the channel is run through the national exchequer, nobody has the right to say that who will host the show or who won’t, nobody is indispensable. “Even the president and prime minister of Pakistan cannot do this,” he asserted.

He further added that he was informed by the media that on Thursday all the members of the panel were present in the studio and Niaz did not let the show proceed.

“I don’t have any personal grudges with Niaz but he had no right to insult our national star by doing so he has insulted the entire nation,” Khan added.

Akhtar has raised Pakistan’s flag around the world and he is among those very few stars — including Imran Khan Javed Miandad — who have no controversy attached to their careers.

“Investigation in this regard will be held in this regard the immediate action will be taken,” he said.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is hosting the show today and whos on the panel, perfect time to dissolve PTV sports and invest in A sports.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Who is hosting the show today and whos on the panel, perfect time to dissolve PTV sports and invest in A sports.
    David Gower and Sania Mir.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    David Gower is hosting the show now.. IK was right people from foreign country’s will come to Pak for employment!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I disagree with Dr. Nauman Niaz telling Shoaib to leave but I also find it pathetic how the whole country is treating it like hes has committed a huge crime. As if Shoaib is an angel himself he has said some outrageous things in the past but because hes a 'national hero' everyone is taking his side.

None of us saw what happened in between breaks so we shouldn't just jump to conclusions the way the country has.

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having just seen the clip, it's clear the two guys were passive aggressive with each other, but AKhtar did try and downplay it and try and laugh it off but the hos twas terrible. Is that guy a regular?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    David Gower is hosting the show now.. IK was right people from foreign country’s will come to Pak for employment!
    Even better get rid of Nauman and replace him with David gower, cant get a more better upgrade than that

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Host was pretty disrespectful towards Akhtar

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Numan niaz is a garbage host and always has been he shoukdve been fired years ago...

Ptv itaelf is a pretty bad channel. Lol

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noman should have stuck to his YouTube channel making videos with Rashid Latif and others. He was obnoxious.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib was just at fault as Dr Nauman. In past Shoaib has disrespected senior stars himself.

Debut
    Nov 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first watched it, I thought Akhtar was being a bit pushy.

However, now that I had more time to watch it thoroughly, Nauman was being a bit pushy himself.

Akhtar is trying to talk about the spinners and their roles, and almost every few seconds, he was finding the right words to compliment his statements before Nauman interjected.

Akhtar doesn't speak English very well, so it's best to let him articulate with the least disruptions, but Nauman didn't really stop.

Even when he was talking about the pacers, Nauman kept interfering and it prevented Akhtar from having the chance to talk about the pace battery, and then I suppose Akhtar lost his cool after being interrupted so much.

However, I watched the next part as well, where Akhtar asked Nauman if he was alright, and if they could move on, and even then Nauman was agitated. Akhtar even told Nauman to move on to include the other participants.

In the end, I think Akhtar made a good decision to leave.

The role of a host, in my eyes, is to make the discussion productive and talk in the empty spaces, and divert attention from heated conflicts.

If we take a look at Fakhar-e-Alam on A Sports HD, you'll find a very good balance of professionalism and good banter between all the participants. That's because Fakhar-e-Alam sets a very good tone of professional yet relaxed discussions, and is often seen giving everyone the right to speak freely, only interjecting when it's time for a break or to take the discussion further.

Fakhar-e-Alam understands that his cricketing knowledge is not what the audience tunes in for, whereas Nauman is confused about that part as well.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dr Noman has a history of being cringeworthy. He was put into place by Jhonty Rhodes a few years back. There was a thread on Pakpassion back then

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Idiots making tools of themselves

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    One wonders what the likes of Viv Richards and David Gower think of all this mess.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    One wonders what the likes of Viv Richards and David Gower think of all this mess.
    Exactly, what an utter embarrassment.

I think for the most part Akhtar kept his cool, the host doesn’t seem to understand his role; these blokes get hired based on who knows who / family links opposed to actual credibility, never seen anything like this in the sky studio’s and there have been some heated discussions at times

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was to blame too. It was a shameful incident all around. Shoaib seemed unnecessarily smug but as the host the Dr should have controlled himself a lot better.

If Dr had kept his cool there was have been memes made about the way Shoaib was talking.....he was a mess on the show.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Think you can hear him say "no no no...." - I believe that is him

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they realised what they were in for when they appeared on a low budget production, with the most panellists I think there has ever been on a show, and the majority of the show being in a language that is foreign to them.

Its a credit to their professionalism that they are able to operate in this type of environment.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collect my heavy paycheck and leave as soon as the last bowl is bowled during the WC.

Didnt know some1 like Viv still needs the money, because who in his right mind joins such a set up?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Collect my heavy paycheck and leave as soon as the last bowl is bowled during the WC.

Didnt know some1 like Viv still needs the money, because who in his right mind joins such a set up?
    viv and gower both come from a generation that remembers pakistan fondly pre all the terror stuff. The money is not bad i am sure but its only part of the reason why they went to work in pakistan, joined the wong channel tho for sure.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read the whole thing in this thread. Can someone clearly explain what was that rude statement and what started this feud?

And why is prime minister getting involved in this? He still does not realise what his actual job is..

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post

Well neither have a lot of offers at the moment I guess apart from PSL.

Could be a case of put up with it and take the dollars.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first i thought niaz was wholly at fault, but on closer inspection, Akhtar is gas lighting him by "did you watch the game" "somebody came to do work today".

Obviously as a host, you have to handle even the most difficult guests, you can't lose your cool on live television.

Both are in the wrong, should be removed and hopefully no other channel picks them again. For far too long Pakistani cricketers have been having outburst on live television and getting away with it.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I never understood why this show is done with foreign ex players and then Pakistani ex cricketers speak in urdu while they are present. It must be one awkward experience

Have one show only in english and another purely in Urdu if you must. This has been going on for ages. I remember klusener looking very awkward as well during the last World Cup.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the clip and while I don't know if anything happened earlier in the show but Shoaib did speak pretty rudely with the host when answering his questions. Of course the host then escalated things and humiliated Akhtar on live TV and in front of his peers which is not acceptable.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This was bound to happen due to the bad quality of the show, and PTV is to be blamed for this.

Shoaib and Nauman arn't some new guys on this show. They have been working on PTV for quite some time now.

PTV sports is a joke because of the terrible equipment it has got. If you watch PTV sports, they have got terrible cameras, plus, they dont even have any viewership. The lack of viewership can be identified by their advertisements. PTV sports barely runs any advertisements, all they do is have Nauman Niaz make snippets of sports videos and make cringeworthy voice overs and try to use high frequency words as they think if you use good english language than your show would be viewed as good quality.

Now come on to the show called Game on Hai that is broadcasted on PTV Pre and Post match. Again, the video equipment, the audio equipment is just terrible. You cannot understand the words that are being said. The studio is like a 90s Pakistani govt office. Terrible Terrible studio. The name itself, Game on Hai, is soo cringeworthy. In the show, everyone is trying to cut off each other, most of the words are lost by cutting each other off.

Even the guest that come, its soo annoying as a viewer to watch panelist share inside jokes with each other or inside comments that we dont even know as viewers whats happening. Either tell the story or make a full comment. Akhtar, Rashid Latif and many others have this weird habit and the host allows this. The host is the one who runs the show and needs to know what the limits should be as the viewers need to understand whats happeneing.

As Game on Hai is a third class show, the guest that come on the show dont even have good dresses to wear. PTV should be providing them suites and good proper clothes. All other channels that have proper shows they provide suites and have sponsors. PTV sports being a govt channel is soo terrible that it cant even get a clothing sponsor. I have seen those ads of Game on Hai where Jaysuriya and Symonds are made to say that cringy game on hai with their elbows up while they have the casual clothes on.

Than if we talk about Nauman Niaz as a host, he is a terrible terrible host. He cuts off his guests all the time. He tries to use high fancy words. His English isn't even natural and tries hard to act sophisticated.

And above all, Nauman Niaz was the one who started personal attacks on cricketers. Many people think its Akhtar that started this, but Nauman Niaz often makes personal comments and attacks cricketers for the lamest reasons. If a cricketer doesnt praise a player of the past, he will run a whole show of Game on Hai about that event and try to put down that player.

Than you have to look at the guests that are invited on this show. Guests giving out personal comments, and Nauman doesnt even stop them. As a host you have to control and run the show. Look at what Fakhar e Alam does, any comments he think could be a bit controversial he tries to tone it down or divert it. Than, we have the lamest of guest. Rashid Latif might be a Pakistani legend, but he cannot communicate properly on TV. Often he ends up eating his words. Although, he is very respectful, but yet Rashid latif is not a good penalist. The other day we saw Aqib Javed trying to talk in english

Even for the world cup t20, on a very small third class studio, they had 7-9 guest sitting in a cramp space. It literally looked like a bus stop at larri adda.

All these things add up, they brew up. When your show does not have quality it brews up to the point where anything can happen.
    Akhtar throwing an insulting comment. That happened because in the past, they people had developed a culture where inside jokes or inside comments were being shared that no one from the viewer ever understood. Nauman Niaz was required to stop this in the past. He allowed this culture to take place.

At the end, Akhtar rightly walked off by stating his resignation on camera live where no one could do anything about it. It caught Nauman Niaz off guard completely. Why this happened? Because you have created an atmosphere where no one respects no one.

Akhtar is no angel aswell, he often throws insults at others to. Only difference was, Nauman Niaz and Akhtar had been throwing insults and comments to the Pakistani cricketers for years, but yesterday, when Nauman Niaz insulted Akhtar, it was ironic seeing Akhtar took that personally and than insulted Nauman back by resigning.

You can say it was Karma. What Akhtar and Nauman did over the years, at the end the same thing happened to each other but this time it was by them both insulting each other.

This whole event will blow over. Nauman Niaz would be suspended and suspension means you can come back after a period. After 2-3 months he would be back continuing the terrible show, and Akhtar who has got no job and lives in Islamabad would again be back on PTV sports as Ptv sports studio is in Islamabad. All other sports channels have their studios in Karachi.

Nothing is going to change, so lets enjoy what's happening, while the quality of PTV goes to gutter.

Meanwhile Asports by Ary has started HD broadcast and has got a where good channel going where they have a quality studio and quality guest with a quality host in Fakhar e Alam. They even allow common fans to post questions to them on social media where they get answered by Waqar, Waseem, Misbah and Wahab. A very good marketing technique, where asports and the pavilion hashtag gets used on social media and promotes the channel. Game on hai couldn't even do that.

Last night my question was answered, where I had taken a dig that the way resignations are happening on other channels would something like that would ever take place at Asports. I was glad Waqar Younis enjoyed that dig to Akhtar

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Those blaming Shoaib ie he pushed Dr Naumans buttons with his responding to a question with a question, sarcasm, juggats need to understand that is how Dr Nauman has himself behaved and conducted the show with the likes of Shoaib, Rashid Latif, Mohd Wasim and Co for the last 5 plus years and never took offence to it.

You cannot magically one day take offence to a method you yourself encouraged and practiced for 5 long years. Even Shoaib himself was perplexed and taken aback by Dr Naumans outburst and it took him like 10 seconds to make sense of what happened before responding

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    despite having such a massive pannal, talkin abt Viv and Gower, this show is abs pathatic bcz of stupidity and junkness of Nauman..

his stupid "completeeee name" calling, and useless data and history plus depressing set and bongiyan of Rashid Lateef makes it painful to watch ...

hope PTV get rid of this horsesheeeet NAuman
    Totally agreed.
    Nauman is an absolute cringeworthy host.
    He asks extremely long questions - and then makes 100% sure to cut off the guest multiple times when they try to reply. Jadeja even nick named him “ustraa”, and many at times he was reminded but he wouldn’t learn and kept on interrupting the guests.
    He hardly lets anyone speak. What a m0r0n!

And yes. that rhetoric of blabbering data and history of a player, in an effort to act as if “no one knows more than me”, is very hard on the ears.

But regardless of all that, how the HECK can you ask a guest to leave the show, and that too, in front of other guests and international stars?

Where are his etiquettes?
    Where is his professional ability to handle such situations?

Can he even do that based on his work contract and hosting guidelines?

This was TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!

I hope no remediation is done in an attempt to bring him back.

Khass kum jahaan pak.

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Those blaming Shoaib ie he pushed Dr Naumans buttons with his responding to a question with a question, sarcasm, juggats need to understand that is how Dr Nauman has himself behaved and conducted the show with the likes of Shoaib, Rashid Latif, Mohd Wasim and Co for the last 5 plus years and never took offence to it.

You cannot magically one day take offence to a method you yourself encouraged and practiced for 5 long years. Even Shoaib himself was perplexed and taken aback by Dr Naumans outburst and it took him like 10 seconds to make sense of what happened before responding
    The difference is that banter occurred mostly on isolated panels where you did not have an international audience. You can see that even in this t20 panel Rashid latif was not having his usual banter with Dr Nauman because they agreed to be more polished for the international guests and audience. Obviously Shoaib akhtar didn’t get the memo he still acted like he was in a lounge not a studio with international audience. You can also tell that the entire thing happened in accented English by both. The English Pakistanis switch to when in presence of Englishmen .

It seemed obvious that Dr Nauman was angry at Shoaib . Off air he must have scolded him on his contract, Shoaib started gaslighting him and then Dr Nauman snapped live on air

I would also like to point out that being a star also means you have to be humble. The fact that Shoaib Akhtar personally went after Dr Nauman Niaz both in video and twitter shows he also snapped and used his influence to rile up his supporters to personally go after Nauman Niaz. Have you seen twitter ? It is full of people saying vile language .

I would go further and say the Dr Nauman Niaz snap could have been localized if Shoaib akhtar quit off air but it escalated to be more embarrassing for pakistan because not only did Shoaib quit on air but then he went on social media and involved the whole world

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by realitygaf View Post
    The difference is that banter occurred mostly on isolated panels where you did not have an international audience. You can see that even in this t20 panel Rashid latif was not having his usual banter with Dr Nauman because they agreed to be more polished for the international guests and audience. Obviously Shoaib akhtar didn’t get the memo he still acted like he was in a lounge not a studio with international audience. You can also tell that the entire thing happened in accented English by both. The English Pakistanis switch to when in presence of Englishmen .

It seemed obvious that Dr Nauman was angry at Shoaib . Off air he must have scolded him on his contract, Shoaib started gaslighting him and then Dr Nauman snapped live on air

I would also like to point out that being a star also means you have to be humble. The fact that Shoaib Akhtar personally went after Dr Nauman Niaz both in video and twitter shows he also snapped and used his influence to rile up his supporters to personally go after Nauman Niaz. Have you seen twitter ? It is full of people saying vile language .

I would go further and say the Dr Nauman Niaz snap could have been localized if Shoaib akhtar quit off air but it escalated to be more embarrassing for pakistan because not only did Shoaib quit on air but then he went on social media and involved the whole world
    Tbh i think the best way for Dr Nauman to have handled the situation was to call for an immediate break when he was getting riled up by Shoaib and then told him off bluntly as he did off screen. Shoaib might have taken lesser insult because the angry message was delivered to him behind closed doors. Dr Nauman ultimately committed the biggest blunder by going after him live and obviously someone of Shoaib's fame, recognition was not going to take that lying down.

Also Shoaib has appeared the bigger man in this saga by coming back and even attempting to play the whole thing down as a stunt, joke early on. He was told to go through with it and that he will get an on-air apology from Dr Nauman in return. Unfortunately Dr Nauman committed his second blunder that night by not upholding his end of the bargain and further inflamed Shoaib by dismissing his calls for an apology. Shoaib obviously received a lot of messages from his Friends and tweets by his followers about the episode and realized he would look really weak if he stayed on till the end of the Show without getting an apology from Dr Nauman and decided the best slap to give to Dr Nauman would be to just walk out of the show in the end.

Shoaib had to clarify his position on Social Media. Any celebrity would do the same.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Totally agreed.
    Nauman is an absolute cringeworthy host.
    He asks extremely long questions - and then makes 100% sure to cut off the guest multiple times when they try to reply. Jadeja even nick named him “ustraa”, and many at times he was reminded but he wouldn’t learn and kept on interrupting the guests.
    He hardly lets anyone speak. What a m0r0n!

And yes. that rhetoric of blabbering data and history of a player, in an effort to act as if “no one knows more than me”, is very hard on the ears.

But regardless of all that, how the HECK can you ask a guest to leave the show, and that too, in front of other guests and international stars?

Where are his etiquettes?
    Where is his professional ability to handle such situations?

Can he even do that based on his work contract and hosting guidelines?

This was TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!

I hope no remediation is done in an attempt to bring him back.

Khass kum jahaan pak.
    Shoaib can argue that Dr Nauman via his "You can go" fired him on the spot. Also Dr Nauman via his tweet where he is wishing Akhtar all the best for his future endeavour is basically accepting his resignation via social media. So PTV Sports position that Akhtar's resignation had not been accepted looks pretty weak.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Making this a national issue and prime minister taking note of this only highlights how jobless people are in our country. It's just a stupid game. Move on with your jobs!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Making this a national issue and prime minister taking note of this only highlights how jobless people are in our country. It's just a stupid game. Move on with your jobs!
    Actually no. The incident happened live in front of 220 Million People in Pakistan and others watching it live outside Pakistan. It happened in the presence of greats like Sir Viv Richards and Sir David Gower. It was embarrassing and humiliating for Pakistan and therefore it needs to be looked into by the concerned authorities.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who this Dr Nauman is? Was he a former cricketer?
    His arrogant comment was so unacceptable . If I were shoib I would have slapped on his both cheek and left the show.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actually no. The incident happened live in front of 220 Million People in Pakistan and others watching it live outside Pakistan. It happened in the presence of greats like Sir Viv Richards and Sir David Gower. It was embarrassing and humiliating for Pakistan and therefore it needs to be looked into by the concerned authorities.
    The authorities must focus on real issues like rising prices and not be deterred by false prestige

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Who this Dr Nauman is? Was he a former cricketer?
    His arrogant comment was so unacceptable . If I were shoib I would have slapped on his both cheek and left the show.
    People who really know Shoaib's emotional tempramental volatile nature were actually surprised at how calmly and civilly he conducted himself and eventually left without any violence or screaming outburst.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who really know Shoaib's emotional tempramental volatile nature were actually surprised at how calmly and civilly he conducted himself and eventually left without any violence or screaming outburst.
    Ya, I was also suprised . Nauman is lucky to have all the teeth in his jaws. But that's embarrassing for an international star cricketer like Shoib. How dare Nauman tell him to leave!! What's his class is ?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    I disagree with Dr. Nauman Niaz telling Shoaib to leave but I also find it pathetic how the whole country is treating it like hes has committed a huge crime. As if Shoaib is an angel himself he has said some outrageous things in the past but because hes a 'national hero' everyone is taking his side.

None of us saw what happened in between breaks so we shouldn't just jump to conclusions the way the country has.
    People feel entitled to bash. I was particularly sad to hear some very bad comments for Dr Nauman Niaz. As if it was something personal for those people against Nauman.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    Yep. Investigation done, host fired. Now move on.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not really. Still not a national issue and definitely not something the PM should be concerned with.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    People feel entitled to bash. I was particularly sad to hear some very bad comments for Dr Nauman Niaz. As if it was something personal for those people against Nauman.
    Tbh and Tbf there are plenty of articles available online regarding Dr Nauman Niaz's abuse of power, financial corruption and mistreatment of cricketers on PTV Sports and employees working there. The PTI Govt has tried to dismiss him in the past and he has managed to claw his way back in every time via the previous Mafia help.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply unprofessional stuff this.. In my opinion the whole production team is parchi like anything else in Pakistan government. No merit, no competence.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    This was bound to happen due to the bad quality of the show, and PTV is to be blamed for this.

Shoaib and Nauman arn't some new guys on this show. They have been working on PTV for quite some time now.

PTV sports is a joke because of the terrible equipment it has got. If you watch PTV sports, they have got terrible cameras, plus, they dont even have any viewership. The lack of viewership can be identified by their advertisements. PTV sports barely runs any advertisements, all they do is have Nauman Niaz make snippets of sports videos and make cringeworthy voice overs and try to use high frequency words as they think if you use good english language than your show would be viewed as good quality.

Now come on to the show called Game on Hai that is broadcasted on PTV Pre and Post match. Again, the video equipment, the audio equipment is just terrible. You cannot understand the words that are being said. The studio is like a 90s Pakistani govt office. Terrible Terrible studio. The name itself, Game on Hai, is soo cringeworthy. In the show, everyone is trying to cut off each other, most of the words are lost by cutting each other off.

Even the guest that come, its soo annoying as a viewer to watch panelist share inside jokes with each other or inside comments that we dont even know as viewers whats happening. Either tell the story or make a full comment. Akhtar, Rashid Latif and many others have this weird habit and the host allows this. The host is the one who runs the show and needs to know what the limits should be as the viewers need to understand whats happeneing.

As Game on Hai is a third class show, the guest that come on the show dont even have good dresses to wear. PTV should be providing them suites and good proper clothes. All other channels that have proper shows they provide suites and have sponsors. PTV sports being a govt channel is soo terrible that it cant even get a clothing sponsor. I have seen those ads of Game on Hai where Jaysuriya and Symonds are made to say that cringy game on hai with their elbows up while they have the casual clothes on.

Than if we talk about Nauman Niaz as a host, he is a terrible terrible host. He cuts off his guests all the time. He tries to use high fancy words. His English isn't even natural and tries hard to act sophisticated.

And above all, Nauman Niaz was the one who started personal attacks on cricketers. Many people think its Akhtar that started this, but Nauman Niaz often makes personal comments and attacks cricketers for the lamest reasons. If a cricketer doesnt praise a player of the past, he will run a whole show of Game on Hai about that event and try to put down that player.

Than you have to look at the guests that are invited on this show. Guests giving out personal comments, and Nauman doesnt even stop them. As a host you have to control and run the show. Look at what Fakhar e Alam does, any comments he think could be a bit controversial he tries to tone it down or divert it. Than, we have the lamest of guest. Rashid Latif might be a Pakistani legend, but he cannot communicate properly on TV. Often he ends up eating his words. Although, he is very respectful, but yet Rashid latif is not a good penalist. The other day we saw Aqib Javed trying to talk in english

Even for the world cup t20, on a very small third class studio, they had 7-9 guest sitting in a cramp space. It literally looked like a bus stop at larri adda.

All these things add up, they brew up. When your show does not have quality it brews up to the point where anything can happen.
    Akhtar throwing an insulting comment. That happened because in the past, they people had developed a culture where inside jokes or inside comments were being shared that no one from the viewer ever understood. Nauman Niaz was required to stop this in the past. He allowed this culture to take place.

At the end, Akhtar rightly walked off by stating his resignation on camera live where no one could do anything about it. It caught Nauman Niaz off guard completely. Why this happened? Because you have created an atmosphere where no one respects no one.

Akhtar is no angel aswell, he often throws insults at others to. Only difference was, Nauman Niaz and Akhtar had been throwing insults and comments to the Pakistani cricketers for years, but yesterday, when Nauman Niaz insulted Akhtar, it was ironic seeing Akhtar took that personally and than insulted Nauman back by resigning.

You can say it was Karma. What Akhtar and Nauman did over the years, at the end the same thing happened to each other but this time it was by them both insulting each other.

This whole event will blow over. Nauman Niaz would be suspended and suspension means you can come back after a period. After 2-3 months he would be back continuing the terrible show, and Akhtar who has got no job and lives in Islamabad would again be back on PTV sports as Ptv sports studio is in Islamabad. All other sports channels have their studios in Karachi.

Nothing is going to change, so lets enjoy what's happening, while the quality of PTV goes to gutter.

Meanwhile Asports by Ary has started HD broadcast and has got a where good channel going where they have a quality studio and quality guest with a quality host in Fakhar e Alam. They even allow common fans to post questions to them on social media where they get answered by Waqar, Waseem, Misbah and Wahab. A very good marketing technique, where asports and the pavilion hashtag gets used on social media and promotes the channel. Game on hai couldn't even do that.

Last night my question was answered, where I had taken a dig that the way resignations are happening on other channels would something like that would ever take place at Asports. I was glad Waqar Younis enjoyed that dig to Akhtar
    When will Nauman Niaz leave us alone? he was the first "data analyst" employed by pcb back in 2001. His qualification has always been right connections. All of the shows are run like some re devils post match youtube video with inside joke and snarky remarks and double entendres. He needs a youtube channel, not a state broadcaster to telecast his broken victorian or elizbathen of whatever english.

Also, some of the topics they talk about are so out out there. Like who cares about that many technical details or what happened in 1930 with a random english all rounder. A sport's show is more accessible, seems more professional and generally more insightful while being fun at the same time.

Both were unprofessional, however nauman niaz crossed the imaginary line. But these two have bene taking jibes at others ever since ptv sports came on air. About time both of them are moved out.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally I think Akhtar was being a bit too cheeky and perhaps a bit arrogant but when you look at this deeply, both seemed miffed at each other prior to the bust up which hints at something potentially had happened prior to the show between the two.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosh101 View Post
    Personally I think Akhtar was being a bit too cheeky and perhaps a bit arrogant but when you look at this deeply, both seemed miffed at each other prior to the bust up which hints at something potentially had happened prior to the show between the two.
    Very good analysis.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reckon both were at fault to varying degrees, but erring towards giving Shoaib the benefit of the doubt here. The doc has been one of the most unpleasant individuals on Pakistani television for close to two decades and he displayed his customary lack of professionalism in this exchange.

I'm delighted to see David Gower back presenting cricket on television, even if it is on PTV. So this whole debacle is a net win at the end of the day.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I assume as PTV is a national organisation and not a private channel, then this issue becomes bigger than it normally would.

Time for a clearout at PTV perhaps.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a big issue - you just can’t have your national heroes insulted live on national TV (and Shoaib Akhtar has won enough matches and earned enough praise for Pakistan as a sportsman to qualify as a national hero or icon)

Shoaib did not say anything rude or insulting - it was just banter and leg pulling that Shoaib and other players regularly do with Dr Niaz on the same programme when it’s all Pakistani players on the panel .. just because David Gower is sitting there doesn’t mean Dr Noman should try to show off with his range of English vocabulary and also now expect more serious and scholarly discussion from all participants ?

So basically all in an effort to impress Gower with his English skills, he’s ended up insulting a national cricketing hero. And I somehow don’t think Gower was all too impressed either in the end.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    It is a big issue - you just can’t have your national heroes insulted live on national TV (and Shoaib Akhtar has won enough matches and earned enough praise for Pakistan as a sportsman to qualify as a national hero or icon)

Shoaib did not say anything rude or insulting - it was just banter and leg pulling that Shoaib and other players regularly do with Dr Niaz on the same programme when it’s all Pakistani players on the panel .. just because David Gower is sitting there doesn’t mean Dr Noman should try to show off with his range of English vocabulary and also now expect more serious and scholarly discussion from all participants ?

So basically all in an effort to impress Gower with his English skills, he’s ended up insulting a national cricketing hero. And I somehow don’t think Gower was all too impressed either in the end.
    Gower even politely mentioned at the end of the show that i have never seen anything like this before. During the break, Shoaib gave Nauman a piece of his mind and stormed off the studio and reached all the way to his car, it was Viv who went after him and convinced him to finish off the show on a good note and made both hug each other and agree to apologize each other on air. Nauman violated his end of the bargain.

What is even more humiliating is that Sir Viv and Sir Gower had reached the PTV HQ and were waiting indefinately for the morning segment of the show which was not allowed to proceed because Dr Nauman refused to let anyone else host the show after he got barred. So much for his so called professionalism and noble intentions.

Plus PTV Sports committed Hara Kiri for a show already struggling for commercial viability. Shoaib was driving traffic towards that show. After this incident and his exit, hardly anyone will watch the show as most of the participants are too boring and one dimensional. A good cricket show has a balance of technical discussions, personal experiences, seriousness, humour, banter and some personal connection with the participants and the cricket audience.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gower even politely mentioned at the end of the show that i have never seen anything like this before. During the break, Shoaib gave Nauman a piece of his mind and stormed off the studio and reached all the way to his car, it was Viv who went after him and convinced him to finish off the show on a good note and made both hug each other and agree to apologize each other on air. Nauman violated his end of the bargain.

What is even more humiliating is that Sir Viv and Sir Gower had reached the PTV HQ and were waiting indefinately for the morning segment of the show which was not allowed to proceed because Dr Nauman refused to let anyone else host the show after he got barred. So much for his so called professionalism and noble intentions.

Plus PTV Sports committed Hara Kiri for a show already struggling for commercial viability. Shoaib was driving traffic towards that show. After this incident and his exit, hardly anyone will watch the show as most of the participants are too boring and one dimensional. A good cricket show has a balance of technical discussions, personal experiences, seriousness, humour, banter and some personal connection with the participants and the cricket audience.
    It’s a sad state of affairs , not sure what branch of medicine the good doctor specialises in or if he’s a doctor of philosophy, but if this is the behaviour we get to see from the educated ones among us , not sure what to expect from others.

But then again this is PTV and Pakistan we are talking about , there’s a video clip still around on YouTube I’m sure where not long ago (during ICC Champions Trophy I think) we had PML-N information minister Maryam Aurangzeb sitting in a panel of cricket experts on PTV alongside Ian Chappel, Viv Richards and Brian Lara… never thought anything could match that all time low again on PTV sports.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 30th October 2021 at 00:34.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont even understood what they were arguing about?
    First Shoaib said Rauf, then Nauman said Shaheen, then Shoaib said Shaheen...

So what irked Nauman or Shoaib?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who made that idiot Numan a Dr!!?. Shoaib did not say anything untoward at all but was expressing his views. The fat host should have been graceful enough to apologise like Shoaib did which would have defused the argument. It is only right the he too should be removed as host of the show.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What??

If this is true, this is quite disturbing. This man seems very dangerous. Taken away his powers, he would do anything to retaliate

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sensible analysis.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes akhter was being "over smart" n demeaning

I dont like nouman Hes also rude and doesnt let his panel speaks always cutting them off but you can see clearly see akhter being cheeky towards him

Both need to be fired for being unprofessional idiots They dont know how to behave

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the good doctor is one man show at PTV sports...
    GM, President of the Academy (whatever that is), Producer and Host.

Only position he doesn't occupy is that of Janitor.

Absolute disgrace.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Yes akhter was being "over smart" n demeaning

I dont like nouman Hes also rude and doesnt let his panel speaks always cutting them off but you can see clearly see akhter being cheeky towards him

Both need to be fired for being unprofessional idiots They dont know how to behave
    You don't see Akhtar indulging in this behavior on Geo and the Indian Channels. Because the anchors and players on these platforms don't make it a habit of engaging in banter, leg pulling as Dr Nauman has encouraged throughout his tenure PTV Sports.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    According to Rauf Klasra, Dr Nauman got upset with Shoaib for not attending his book launch one month back even though the event was in Islamabad and Shoaib was also in Islamabad that day.

He also defended Dr Nauman i.e. he is a cancer patient and had been undergoing Chemotherapy for a few years and that can erode and affect certain chemicals in the brain which might have happened to Dr Nauman

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

A bigger shame that the Pakistani players sat idle on the Oct 27, 2021 PTV Sports episode

Viv Richards apparently was the only one who proactively tried to act as a peace maker b/w Shoaib and Dr Nauman Niaz on that episode. According to sources he even went after Shoaib all the way to his car and persuaded him to come back.

I am just shocked and horrified that the likes of Rashid Latif (someone who has worked on PTV Sports with Shoaib for 5 long years). Azhar Mahmood, Aqib Javed, Umar Gul, Sana Mir just sat silent and didn't play any role at all to calm a very tense uncomfortable situation. Were they silent and scared to act because they wanted to save their jobs and paycheques at PTV Sports?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viv Richards is a legend, his job is secure for as long as he wants it, so he can think and act independently

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awkward situation for everyone tbh

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never met Shaoib but I know many people in Pindi who are close to him, they say in real life and in day to day conversation , Shaoib is a very annoying person , the way he talks.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again what I heard , Shaoib is not a well liked person , he annoys everyone . Don't think those other players were enjoying his presence in the panel.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    I must say the did the show in a very classy way.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid latif has been equally responsible for the low quality of the PTv show. He has been quiet all along and hasn't been coming in the YouTube show with Nauman. Sana, Azhar Mehmood and Umar Gul should be replacing Rashid latif and nouman Niaz on this show

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Leeds Leeds Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’re probably like. me and can’t understand half of what’s being said 😂

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAK View Post
    They’re probably like. me and can’t understand half of what’s being said 😂
    Yes that’s the other bizarre thing which doesnt make sense about this PTV show - they invite foreign cricket legends like Viv, Gower and previously Ian Chappel, Lara et al. and they make them sit in the panel and listen to local players speaking in Urdu for half an hour. Why not just have two separate programs , one in Urdu and one in English?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar was clearly joking around with him. Not only did Nauman Niaz not understand that but made an incredibly insulting comment by telling him to leave. Very out of line and did not even have a decency to apologize either. Whereas, Akhtar did.

Nauman Niaz is clearly at fault here.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Nauman Niaz and I can tell you he is just as arrogant as he seems. He has been running PTV Sports like his personal playground for years. Its good someone is taking him down a peg, even if its for something completely random.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Again what I heard , Shaoib is not a well liked person , he annoys everyone . Don't think those other players were enjoying his presence in the panel.
    Lol apparently Aqib Javed has been furious behind the scenes ie why is he getting all the attention, lime light on the panel.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Some people feel that Shoaib when he commented "Somebody came to the work right" was insulting the doc that he is the only one who came to the show prepared which set off the doc.

But listen carefully with the timing. The doc was trying to give credit to Shaheens progress to the U19 team while Shoaib was attributing Shaheen and Raufs progress to the LQ.

Akhtar clarified I am talking about Haris Rauf while the doc was again trying to raise attention to Shaheen having played for the Pakistani U19 team. Then when Akhtar light heartedly commented with a smile, smirk on his face "Somebody came to the work", he possibly was insinuating "yaar who cares whether they came from the U19 team or LQ set up, atleast someone played a good role".

One can argue it was a genuine misunderstanding and Shoaibs confusion over Dr Naumans outburst is confirmed when he is confused, silent and stunned for atleast 5 seconds where he is thinking, wondering what was that about. Even Sir Viv reacted with shock to Dr Naumans outburst and was immediately like "No, No, No"

According to reporters Viv Richards is extremely unhappy with the episode and even phoned the PM IK about not only this episode but also about them turning up to PTV Sports studio two days later and not being permitted to do the show because Dr Nauman Niaz was not permitted anyone else to do the show if he was not hosting the show himself

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib is quite a rare panelist who gives unique and emotional insights.
    He is a bit of a dynamite and he needs someone more balanced to have a good chemistry. There is a market for Shoaib, he is definitely a valuable brand. Ptv should preserve him.
    Dr Viv is also an eminent guest on the panel, good to see him trying to patch up things.

I think Doc is a poor mans Ian Ward but its high time he should relinquish his position as host.

On a side note - Pakistan has blessed with many beautiful TV hosts, my favourites are late Mr Umar Sharif, Mr Mahmood Sadiq, a political show of a lady presenter (with a hijab) , the masoomana sawaal guy and many many others.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people feel that Shoaib when he commented "Somebody came to the work right" was insulting the doc that he is the only one who came to the show prepared which set off the doc.

But listen carefully with the timing. The doc was trying to give credit to Shaheens progress to the U19 team while Shoaib was attributing Shaheen and Raufs progress to the LQ.

Akhtar clarified I am talking about Haris Rauf while the doc was again trying to raise attention to Shaheen having played for the Pakistani U19 team. Then when Akhtar light heartedly commented with a smile, smirk on his face "Somebody came to the work", he possibly was insinuating "yaar who cares whether they came from the U19 team or LQ set up, atleast someone played a good role".

One can argue it was a genuine misunderstanding and Shoaibs confusion over Dr Naumans outburst is confirmed when he is confused, silent and stunned for atleast 5 seconds where he is thinking, wondering what was that about. Even Sir Viv reacted with shock to Dr Naumans outburst and was immediately like "No, No, No"

According to reporters Viv Richards is extremely unhappy with the episode and even phoned the PM IK about not only this episode but also about them turning up to PTV Sports studio two days later and not being permitted to do the show because Dr Nauman Niaz was not permitted anyone else to do the show if he was not hosting the show himself
    I wouldn't be surprised if Imran khan himself showed up to the show in one of those days...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the biggest confusion started, when Akhtar misspoke and said Shaheen Afridi, when he in fact meant Haris Rauf and was giving credit for his discovery to Lahore Qalander and Aqib Javed. He twice erroneously said Shaheen, then when Nauman pointed out that Shaheen had already played under 19 and was not a discovery, did Shoaib say he is talking about Haris Rauf.

This chain of events triggered Nauman so much that he told Shoaib to stop being rude and over-smart or else he can go. He even underlined it by emphasising that he is saying it on air. No matter how “rude” a guest might be but saying this out of the blue in such a direct way is disrespect of the highest order.

Even I as a nobody would have gotten furious over such a condescending and arrogant remark.

Shoaib Akhtar managed the disrespect quite well, the only thing I could fault him about is that he resigned on air. He could have just quietly left after they came back on air and Nauman refused to say a simple sorry over a confusion.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nauman Niaz could have easily switched to Urdu and said something along the lines of “Shoaib Bhai, mazak ziyada hi hogeya zara kam karain” instead he went for the most nuclear option. No way any self respecting person could take that comment and continue sitting on that table, without at least a proper clarification and apology

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Nauman Niaz could have easily switched to Urdu and said something along the lines of “Shoaib Bhai, mazak ziyada hi hogeya zara kam karain” instead he went for the most nuclear option. No way any self respecting person could take that comment and continue sitting on that table, without at least a proper clarification and apology
    Best option for Noman was to take a break immediately when he got really angry and give Shoaib a piece of his mind behind the scenes.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of points.

1. Everyone knows how Shoaib Akhtar has been behaving for last 7-8 years and they should've expected what was going to come down with inviting him.

2. Nauman Niaz used to host the 2003 world cup panel on PTV as well alongside Dr Asjad Bokhari and the two of them made a great pair. They were both humble and had a good sense of humor back then.

3. Nauman Niaz has been behaving quite obnoxiously in last 8 years now ever since he got that big deal with PTV being snobbish and cringeworthy.

4. A few days back, when ECB cancelling the Pak tour was brought up, David Gower lamented the fact that ECB took that decision and apologized during the show to all Pakistan Cricket fans on behalf of English Cricket fans. The response by Nauman Niaz was a pretty sarcastic "We are so touched"(I found that pathetic from him).

5. Nauman Niaz's hosting skills are awful and has a lot of ego for something no one can comprehend. Being a host, you need to shed your ego and be a good guest and try to keep a good atmosphere even if you don't like some things the others are saying. He handled that in the absolutely worst way possible.

6. PTV has been run awfully since forever and it should be an eye opener for the higher authorities to finally take a look at it and rebuild the channel and all it's programs.

7. Shoaib Akhtar actually carried himself a lot better than he usually does and although that is not a very high bar, but should be commended.

Shame what power can do to a person and they start behaving in such rude and distasteful way.