Babar
    Fawad
    Rizwan
    Nuaman Ali
    Zahid Mahmood
    Abbas
    Shaheen
    Naseem Shah

I would have rested both Hassan Ali and Shaheen but most likely shaheen will play.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    I have heard lot about Abdullah Shafiq on this forum and now he is in test squad but has played only 3 FC matches. What is so special about him as he has been fast tracked to test team ? A special talent ?
    Yes, looks like a proper good batsmen. Likely will end up being an all-format player.

A long-term potential elite opening batsmen across the format is something Pakistan have been missing since Anwar. I would like to see him playing a few more FC matches before giving him a long run in Tests though.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Why would you want two new players open the batting it should azhar open the batting and using his experience to guide them throw the new ball.
    Azhar pretty much opened in the last few tests and hasn't done that great, he's had adequate performances with the bat in my view.

Abid has done nothing in my view and someone who continues to infuriate me with his mediocrity, i usually go easy on cricketers bro but i don't think he cuts it in test cricket and i ask you the question for how long can we count on our middle/lower middle order to get us out of a jam?

Imran on the other hand yes he's young and yes you can say he should be persisted with, however against a top quality attack he will come undone and so i don't expect a lot from him when the Aussies come over in March. Fielding wise yes he's great but we must start searching now for better alternates if we want to be a serious contender for this season's test championship.

In my view go Saud/Abdullah but knowing injustice they will opt with Abid/Imam.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaibbtt View Post
    Azhar pretty much opened in the last few tests and hasn't done that great, he's had adequate performances with the bat in my view.

Abid has done nothing in my view and someone who continues to infuriate me with his mediocrity, i usually go easy on cricketers bro but i don't think he cuts it in test cricket and i ask you the question for how long can we count on our middle/lower middle order to get us out of a jam?

Imran on the other hand yes he's young and yes you can say he should be persisted with, however against a top quality attack he will come undone and so i don't expect a lot from him when the Aussies come over in March. Fielding wise yes he's great but we must start searching now for better alternates if we want to be a serious contender for this season's test championship.

In my view go Saud/Abdullah but knowing injustice they will opt with Abid/Imam.
    I just don't think saud and Abdullah should be opening just imagine if both fail in the test series one will proberly end up getting dropped and may not see them again.

Imaam should not be considered In tests he's vulnerable outside of stump and is week against the short ball but he knows how to get big scores.

I would pick one of Abdullah or Saud but I would go with Saud as he has good domestic stats so he deserves a shot first but that mean azhar opening which will proberly not happen.I just hope in either the t20 series or test.Saud,Haider Ali,Dahani be given a chance.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just don't think saud and Abdullah should be opening just imagine if both fail in the test series one will proberly end up getting dropped and may not see them again.

Imaam should not be considered In tests he's vulnerable outside of stump and is week against the short ball but he knows how to get big scores.

I would pick one of Abdullah or Saud but I would go with Saud as he has good domestic stats so he deserves a shot first but that mean azhar opening which will proberly not happen.I just hope in either the t20 series or test.Saud,Haider Ali,Dahani be given a chance.
    Yes, you are right that too many changes are not good but with the goofballs we've been given as test openers i don't think anyone can do any worse so with that being said Saud/Abdullah in my view is not a risky strategy. How many times will Abid get a free ride for the matches he's nearly cost us? All batsmen have a weakness but Imam is still a very solid player, his chances have been inconsistent. However, in this matter he should be back benching to Abdullah cause Abdullah has been touring with the team for so long. I think anybody who is anybody needs to grab the opportunity by the horns and not be afraid of failure, Pakistan should be up to the challenge.

Absolutely i do hope the boys get a chance that didn't play in the WC, news thus far is positive as far as the t20s are concerned. I do hear that Shadab will be captain come the first t20.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Test squad on their way to Bangladesh...

Name:  FEqqtL-XMAU4For.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  308.9 KBName:  FEqqsDlXMAE1VgF.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  349.6 KBName:  FEqqqhiXMAwnCbN.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  314.9 KBName:  FEqqpmGXEAcQl2r.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  312.6 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems like Azhar Ali has been having a beautiful calorie full diet off late.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Fourteen members of the national Test squad reached Dhaka from Lahore

All the players will be tested today - If the test results are negative, the players will be allowed to meet with other members of the squad

The players who reached Dhaka include Azhar Ali, Muhammad Abbas, Fawad Alam, Imam-ul-Haq and Abid Ali

Abdullah Shafiq, Fahim Ashraf, Kamran Ghulam, Naseem Shah and Zahid Mahmood, Naumman Ali, Bilal Asif, Saud Shakeel and Sajid Khan also reached Dhaka

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Abdullah has to play. It's a nonsense to carry him around and not play him. He needs to be given at least 5 matches , although after 2 we will have fairly good idea if he has wherewithal to make it.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali is truly finished

He was averaging 37 on these flat phattas in QEA trophy. He should simply retire

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Azhar Ali is truly finished

He was averaging 37 on these flat phattas in QEA trophy. He should simply retire
    We are wasting Saud because of him.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kamran Ghulam has worked hard and scored runs in domestic. I hope he gets a chance to play soon.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully both Kamran Ghulam and Saud Shakheel make their debut.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pretty sure pak will go with

abid
    imam
    azhar
    babar
    fawad
    rizwan
    faheem
    nauman
    hassan
    zahid
    shaheen

but id rather they went with

abdullah
    azhar
    saud

as top 3, but it wont happen.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've dropped Imran Butt, and brought in Abdullah Shafique, Shakeel and Ghulam. Would be a farce if they went back to Imam to replace Imran, but wouldn't be surprised.

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Test squad will leave Dhaka for Chittagong tomorrow in the afternoon.

The first Test between Pakistan and Bangladesh will be played in Chittagong from November 26

Bowling consultant Vernon Philander will leave the squad after the first Test.

He will leave for South Africa on December 1

The second and final Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh will be played in Dhaka from December 4

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The Pakistan Test squad will leave Dhaka for Chittagong tomorrow in the afternoon.

The first Test between Pakistan and Bangladesh will be played in Chittagong from November 26

Bowling consultant Vernon Philander will leave the squad after the first Test.

He will leave for South Africa on December 1

The second and final Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh will be played in Dhaka from December 4
    Honestly ridiculous why not just fly direct to Chittagong in the first place? Get yourself prepped for the game.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Abdullah has to play. It's a nonsense to carry him around and not play him. He needs to be given at least 5 matches , although after 2 we will have fairly good idea if he has wherewithal to make it.
    It's either Abdullah opening or azhar opening with saud at 3

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    They've dropped Imran Butt, and brought in Abdullah Shafique, Shakeel and Ghulam. Would be a farce if they went back to Imam to replace Imran, but wouldn't be surprised.
    Exactly Abdullah should be batting ahead of imaam

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran butt should be in the playing 11 simply because heís an elite slip catcher probably amongst the very best , even if he averaged 15 I. A match heíll take 6 catches out of 6

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam will open..probably score a big ton & cement his place in the test team & hopefully we wonít see him in the white ball teams again

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan needs to move on from Mohd Abbas, he is not going to get any better and he creates no pressure with his economical look good do nothing bowling, he ends up creating more pressure on the likes of Shaheen, Naseem and Yasir, Nauman e.t.c. to strive for wickets.

When Shaun Pollock slowed down and declined, South Africa made him the third seamer and eventually dropped him from the test squad and gave him a farewell series to say goodbye to cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Pakistan needs to move on from Mohd Abbas, he is not going to get any better and he creates no pressure with his economical look good do nothing bowling, he ends up creating more pressure on the likes of Shaheen, Naseem and Yasir, Nauman e.t.c. to strive for wickets.

When Shaun Pollock slowed down and declined, South Africa made him the third seamer and eventually dropped him from the test squad and gave him a farewell series to say goodbye to cricket.
    id be very surprised if abbas played in a two + faheem seam attack, shaheen and hassan have to start ahead of him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Test squad arrives in Chittagong ahead of the first match of the 2-match series which begins on 26th November. (Pictures courtesy of the PCB)

Name:  924d7b88-f4ee-4f5f-b604-1432901d32fe.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  170.1 KBName:  53a8ecdf-f10f-49af-a1de-1d029846da66.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  159.2 KBName:  ae9fbb93-154d-4469-bf6a-3e4377c55d86.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  166.0 KBName:  9a49c6d2-4aa2-46c3-8b8a-f39d37e2eae5.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  165.2 KBName:  30bbb2f3-7762-4e81-89be-594e19f5252b.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  143.0 KB

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can bet BD will make turning pitches and look to bat first and trap pak batting last (much like India do, iwish we didnt...but we have prepared the odd fast bouncy wickets in recent times).
    BD will go in with 3 spinners and at least one part timer.
    Am surprised pak squad does not have Yassir Shah, After UAE and SL this is the one place he would be effective.
    still, for a pace bowling fan like me, am xcited to seehow Shah Afridi goes.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrIc_Mystique View Post
    You can bet BD will make turning pitches and look to bat first and trap pak batting last (much like India do, iwish we didnt...but we have prepared the odd fast bouncy wickets in recent times).
    BD will go in with 3 spinners and at least one part timer.
    Am surprised pak squad does not have Yassir Shah, After UAE and SL this is the one place he would be effective.
    still, for a pace bowling fan like me, am xcited to seehow Shah Afridi goes.
    Yasir Shah is injured

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The national Test squad will start training in Chittagong from tomorrow
    The squad will hold a training session in Chittagong from 10 a.m. local time tomorrow
    The three-hour training session will continue at the Zahoor Ahmed Chaudhry Stadium in Chittagong
    The national squad will attend the training session on Thursday from 1:30 p.m.
    The first Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh will start on November 26 in Chittagong
    The Test match will start at 10 a.m. local time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent opacity View Post
    The national Test squad will start training in Chittagong from tomorrow
    The squad will hold a training session in Chittagong from 10 a.m. local time tomorrow
    The three-hour training session will continue at the Zahoor Ahmed Chaudhry Stadium in Chittagong
    The national squad will attend the training session on Thursday from 1:30 p.m.
    The first Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh will start on November 26 in Chittagong
    The Test match will start at 10 a.m. local time.
    This has been a real waste of time, i have no idea as to why the test team didn't just fly direct to Chittagong and start their training? This leaves 2 days of practise which i hope is enough.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Batsman need to be at their very best wickets will be either flat roads or low and slow dustbowls

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    Batsman need to be at their very best wickets will be either flat roads or low and slow dustbowls
    I reckon that first few days is going to be good for batting and then from day 3 onwards spinners will rule the roost. Best thing is to either bat first and then completely bat Bangladesh out of it or have them bat first and bowl them out cheaply.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with.i will not play Abdullah but I will play Saud as he deserves to play based upon his domestic stats but that means azhar will open which proberly won't be likely.If Azhar stays at 3 then Abdullah should open and Saud to drop to the bench.

I would have played dahani someone who can take the pitch out of its equation but highly unlikely that Abbas will get dropped.

Abid Ali
    Azhar Ali
    Saud Shakeel
    Babar
    Fawad
    Rizwan
    Nuaman Ali spinner
    Hassan Ali reverse swing
    Zahid Mahmood spinner
    Abbas new ball bowler
    Shaheen new ball bowler

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abid Ali
    Imam
    Azhar
    Babar
    Fawad
    Rizwan
    Nawaz
    Hassan
    Nauman
    Zahid/Abbas
    Shaheen

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shakib Ul Hassan didn't pass his fitness test and so is therefore ruled out of the 1st test.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with.i will not play Abdullah but I will play Saud as he deserves to play based upon his domestic stats but that means azhar will open which proberly won't be likely.If Azhar stays at 3 then Abdullah should open and Saud to drop to the bench.

I would have played dahani someone who can take the pitch out of its equation but highly unlikely that Abbas will get dropped.

Abid Ali
    Azhar Ali
    Saud Shakeel
    Babar
    Fawad
    Rizwan
    Nuaman Ali spinner
    Hassan Ali reverse swing
    Zahid Mahmood spinner
    Abbas new ball bowler
    Shaheen new ball bowler
    I would prefer Faheem over Abbas to give the team some batting depth.

I'd love to see Azhar go back to opening if he is going to stay in the squad at all but seems unlikely with Imam & Abdullah in the squad as well.

Would be interesting if they played:

Abid
    Imam
    Azhar
    Babar
    Fawad
    Saud
    Rizwan
    Nauman
    Hasan
    Zahid
    Shaheen

I'm not too sure how much an extra pacer would be useful in Bangladesh pitches so this would be an interesting way to get a young player like Saud included in the lineup. They do have Fawad & Saud as extra bowling options.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít expect them to play saud or abduallah. The mindset is just too conservative to try new players. Ideally yes Azhar would move up to open with saud getting a chance in the middle order

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    I don’t expect them to play saud or abduallah. The mindset is just too conservative to try new players. Ideally yes Azhar would move up to open with saud getting a chance in the middle order
    Why does everyone forget that Saud just opened in the A series against SL not too long ago? There is no need for Abid as well, Open with Saud and Abdullah and then the rest of the players are the same.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    I would prefer Faheem over Abbas to give the team some batting depth.

I'd love to see Azhar go back to opening if he is going to stay in the squad at all but seems unlikely with Imam & Abdullah in the squad as well.

Would be interesting if they played:

Abid
    Imam
    Azhar
    Babar
    Fawad
    Saud
    Rizwan
    Nauman
    Hasan
    Zahid
    Shaheen

I'm not too sure how much an extra pacer would be useful in Bangladesh pitches so this would be an interesting way to get a young player like Saud included in the lineup. They do have Fawad & Saud as extra bowling options.
    I only picked Abbas becouse can open the bowling and Hassan is better with the older ball when it starts reversing.

I always go with a 5 man attack becouse I want the bowlers to be fresh and keep rotating but keeping the pressure on all the time.i wanted one bowler who can take the pitch out of its quation hence why I went with dahani.

I also think saud should bat we're he normally bats same with Abdullah don't play him a position that he's not comfortable with.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everyone forget that Saud just opened in the A series against SL not too long ago? There is no need for Abid as well, Open with Saud and Abdullah and then the rest of the players are the same.
    He did bat at opening but he's a number 3 play him were here's used to bat.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope this is Azhar Ali's last series

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    Yasir Shah is injured
    Thanks mate.

match will be intresting. Test cricket at last!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He did bat at opening but he's a number 3 play him were here's used to bat.
    He did not a bad job as an opener and this won't be a bad option for him. We have a high demand for an opener.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did not a bad job as an opener and this won't be a bad option for him. We have a high demand for an opener.
    But if he fails at opening he will make excuses that its not his preferred position.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But if he fails at opening he will make excuses that its not his preferred position.
    He bats at no.3 and with our poor openers it shouldn't make a massive difference if he opens. A no. 3 batsman still has a similar job to an opener and it isn't very different i.e. seeing off the new ball or in the case of a no. 3 seeing off a new-ish ball.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bats at no.3 and with our poor openers it shouldn't make a massive difference if he opens. A no. 3 batsman still has a similar job to an opener and it isn't very different i.e. seeing off the new ball or in the case of a no. 3 seeing off a new-ish ball.
    Yes he does bat at 3 and thiers your answer that if he is to play then it will be at 3 as he's not in the 12 man squad for first test.Looks like they will go with Abdullah for opening slot.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion its crazy to go with faheem just because the pitch will spin so much two spinners n 2 pacers shud be fine