Pakistan flags used during practice - Unnecessary jingoism or harmless display of national pride? - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tera Gawaandi View Post
    You just called Bangladeshi Hindu's as Pro India and implied that they are traitors.
    I didn't imply that at all.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Bangladeshi Hindus are generally pro-India (and that is understandable). It is what I have observed both on social media and also in real life.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is a minister not any avg bangladeshi.
    He is an irrelevant minister who regularly gets trolled/mocked.

I have to call you ignorant if you are defending this guy.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with posting the flag its a national cricket team!!!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Seriously, even this is controversial to anyone , unbelievable.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    I have not seen any major outrage from Bangladeshis. Only a few were making a fuss.

Based on what I have seen, it was Indian media that was trying to make this a big deal.

I personally don't have any issue with a team hoisting their flag during training. It should be a non-issue.
    Why were some Bangladeshis making a fuss, what upset them? Don't really get it.

This is the official flag, its not as if its the same as hoisting a Nazi German flag or an American Confederate flag.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Why were some Bangladeshis making a fuss, what upset them? Don't really get it.

This is the official flag, its not as if its the same as hoisting a Nazi German flag or an American Confederate flag.
    Some Bangladeshis (a small number) don't like Pakistan and Pakistanis. Some of them may not want any Pakistani flag because they feel offended.

Again, this was probably cooked up by Indian media first. They made a mountain out of a molehill.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some Bangladeshis (a small number) don't like Pakistan and Pakistanis. Some of them may not want any Pakistani flag because they feel offended.

Again, this was probably cooked up by Indian media first. They made a mountain out of a molehill.
    I do know there's a significant amount of Bangladeshis who dislike Pakistan. However, I still don't understand why they would get offended with players practising next to their own flag in their own complex in their own country?

Maybe I just don't understand the mentality of people from the subcontinent in general.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot
    Well, I am not completely detached from Bangladesh. I have relatives who were in BD politics.
    Just because I live in Canada doesn't mean I don't know what's going on there.
    Since you all do not think a Canadian Bangladeshi to be reliable, then let a Bangladeshi from Bangladesh shade some light in this topic.

Majority of the Bangladeshi do not care about this flag issue at all. They do not have any problem that Pakistan team hoisting their flags. It is just few Indian media and Indian financed Bangladeshi media making noise. For now this topic is completely ignored in Bangladesh, we have got more important things to do.

It has been proved without any doubt that India have financed few media outlets in Bangladesh, who constantly present us with Indian narrative. These outlets are not taken seriously at all in Bangladeshi fraternity. Since Awami League is favoured by India, they do not take action aganist these outlets for now.

Regardless, all their efforts and propaganda in Bangladesh, most of the people especially young Bangladeshi have taken an anti-Indian stance. This is due to many reasons- border killings, teesta river confliction, India's constant meddling in our internal affairs, growing anti-Bangladeshi sentiment in India, and above all Indian ministers' derogative comments against Bangladesh.

Murad is part of the small community in Bangladesh who are heavily influenced by Indian authority and media. He is considered absolute joke in Bangladesh due to his stupid remarks and babling. Infact he is probably the most unpopular minister in Bangladesh at the moment, after his stance against state religion in our constitution. There have been huge demands inside as well as outside of Awami League to sack him immediately. Even in Awami league, he is not given any importance.

As a result, Murad is constantly trying to stay in news, by giving insane comments and trying to please the high command of the party as well as his financiers.

And no it is no longer 80-20 anymore, it is far worse than that. Many old and patriotic Awami League party members have turned against India. That's why you all see the shift towards China.

Before anyone feel offended, let me be clear that I have no ill feelings towards Indian posters of this forums or the common people. So please forgive me if I hurt any of your feelings.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would’ve been nice if Pak players were practicing in India and had Pak flag posted on the Indian soil.

Matter of fact, Pak should do it in the up coming global cricket tournament in India.

We should also play a background song in nice n high volume, “Dil Dil Pakistan” during our net sessions.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It's Pakistans flag, none of Bangladesh business. No need to take them seriously

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you have any statistics to back up your claims other than "i saw this on social media" and "i have family in Bangladesh"?

You are saying a small minority don't like Pakistanis. How do you know? for all we know it's the majority that do not like pakistanis. Stop projecting your own opinion as reality.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    do you have any statistics to back up your claims other than "i saw this on social media" and "i have family in Bangladesh"?

You are saying a small minority don't like Pakistanis. How do you know? for all we know it's the majority that do not like pakistanis. Stop projecting your own opinion as reality.
    This is not just my opinion. LOL. Check posts from other Bangladeshi posters too.

Check this post, for example: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...8#post11355288.

He is from BD.

I know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 18th November 2021 at 08:41.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes great post. It seems the loudest voices tend to be those farthest from the ground LMAO
    Are you even a Bangladeshi?

If not, I don't expect you to understand.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 18th November 2021 at 08:43.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smkk View Post
    Since you all do not think a Canadian Bangladeshi to be reliable, then let a Bangladeshi from Bangladesh shade some light in this topic.

Majority of the Bangladeshi do not care about this flag issue at all. They do not have any problem that Pakistan team hoisting their flags. It is just few Indian media and Indian financed Bangladeshi media making noise. For now this topic is completely ignored in Bangladesh, we have got more important things to do.

It has been proved without any doubt that India have financed few media outlets in Bangladesh, who constantly present us with Indian narrative. These outlets are not taken seriously at all in Bangladeshi fraternity. Since Awami League is favoured by India, they do not take action aganist these outlets for now.

Regardless, all their efforts and propaganda in Bangladesh, most of the people especially young Bangladeshi have taken an anti-Indian stance. This is due to many reasons- border killings, teesta river confliction, India's constant meddling in our internal affairs, growing anti-Bangladeshi sentiment in India, and above all Indian ministers' derogative comments against Bangladesh.

Murad is part of the small community in Bangladesh who are heavily influenced by Indian authority and media. He is considered absolute joke in Bangladesh due to his stupid remarks and babling. Infact he is probably the most unpopular minister in Bangladesh at the moment, after his stance against state religion in our constitution. There have been huge demands inside as well as outside of Awami League to sack him immediately. Even in Awami league, he is not given any importance.

As a result, Murad is constantly trying to stay in news, by giving insane comments and trying to please the high command of the party as well as his financiers.

And no it is no longer 80-20 anymore, it is far worse than that. Many old and patriotic Awami League party members have turned against India. That's why you all see the shift towards China.

Before anyone feel offended, let me be clear that I have no ill feelings towards Indian posters of this forums or the common people. So please forgive me if I hurt any of your feelings.
    This is in line with my understanding of the situation. Bangladesh is an interesting case because the government is pro India but the population is largely anti India. That's down to a lot of factors like traditional muslim brotherhood with muslim countries (Pakistan), Indian ministers making foot in the mouth statements aimed at Bangladeshis in India, the general anti muslim sentiment in India, territorial and water disputes, and also an anti hindu sentiment in Bangladesh. I suppose only the Bangladeshi Hindus are in the pro India camp and that was one of the primary reasons for the recent anti hindu riots in Bangladesh.
    Last edited by street cricketer; 18th November 2021 at 08:59.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not just my opinion. LOL. Check posts from other Bangladeshi posters too.

Check this post, for example: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...8#post11355288.

He is from BD.

I know what I am talking about.
    My point isn't about the topic. I also don't believe it is a big issue.

My problem is when you show your opinion by throwing numbers around, that are based on nothing more than your "feelings"

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Informative and accurate post.

Sums up the situation very well.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians and Bangladeshi seem to dislike each other a lot more than Indians and Pakistani on a personal level. Wasn't Bangladeshi people more pro India even like a decade ago? I am surprised to see relationship has deteriorated this much.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point isn't about the topic. I also don't believe it is a big issue.

My problem is when you show your opinion by throwing numbers around, that are based on nothing more than your "feelings"
    How do you know I write based on my feelings? LOL. I am active in different Bangladeshi communities. I know what people post there.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Indians and Bangladeshi seem to dislike each other a lot more than Indians and Pakistani on a personal level. Wasn't Bangladeshi people more pro India even like a decade ago? I am surprised to see relationship has deteriorated this much.
    I have Indian friends.

My beef is with BJP and BJP supporters. That's all.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Indian friends.

My beef is with BJP and BJP supporters. That's all.
    That's like a majority of Indians though. Even Indian celebrities support BJP. No wonder the beef has turned this ugly.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think it was more like 50-50 a decade back and now the majority is anti India now, probably 90-10, actually even higher.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I think it was more like 50-50 a decade back and now the majority is anti India now, probably 90-10, actually even higher.
    It was 50-50 when I was a kid. That was in the 90's.

Things started to turn quite sour after BJP came into power.

Also, I think a lot of the modern Indians are a bit more hostile than previous generations. So, that doesn't help.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Which flag would Pakistan use next to their team then? The Fijian/Samoan flag!?

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    I have an issue with the hand on heart during national anthem.

That is unnecessary, we dont do that in our national anthem
    Why? Do you prefer the British military way of standing straight like a robot. I'm all for the Americanization of some of the archaic British customs south Asians haven't shed since the end of the colonial era.

"Tea was funtaaastic" - Abhinandan

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    Why? Do you prefer the British military way of standing straight like a robot. I'm all for the Americanization of some of the archaic British customs south Asians haven't shed since the end of the colonial era.
    Do Americans stand with hand on their heart during their anthem too?

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't comment on Bangladesh's internal politics, however, I will say I have been to Bangladesh 3 times between 2016 and 2019. Each visit was 2-3 weeks in length with significant time spent in Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet (as an aside, I never got to visit Cox's Bazar - hopefully there will be another opportunity).

I went for work, rather than pleasure (not that it wasn't a pleasure to be there) and spent my time meeting with government officials, academics and communities (teachers, primary and secondary school kids, students, parents, villagers). I made it a point to tell literally everyone I met of my Pakistani heritage and literally everyone I met welcomed me with warmth and hospitality. Not once did I feel any hostility of any kind. It actually endeared people towards me more than white colleagues.

So I can only speak for my personal experience.

In terms of politics- I suppose the closest we have come is discussing Pakistan and India when talking about cricket. From my anecdotal experience, people quite liked the Pakistan cricket team (of course, they may have just been being polite!) - 'my second team', 'after Bangladesh I always want Pakistan to win' etc

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    its the proper way. If you want to add additions than add it official. Just because you see something on tv you dont start doing it.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they do this forever.

Hate on Ramiz all you want but he’s United the entirety of Pakistan in his first few months, whether that be by playing to the gallery or whatever.

If you have a problem with the flag being present at training or in the nets, then rather than hating on the team - reflect on your shallow thought process. Like I said earlier, I hope this tradition never dies….carry the flag with pride wherever you go

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    I won't comment on Bangladesh's internal politics, however, I will say I have been to Bangladesh 3 times between 2016 and 2019. Each visit was 2-3 weeks in length with significant time spent in Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet (as an aside, I never got to visit Cox's Bazar - hopefully there will be another opportunity).

I went for work, rather than pleasure (not that it wasn't a pleasure to be there) and spent my time meeting with government officials, academics and communities (teachers, primary and secondary school kids, students, parents, villagers). I made it a point to tell literally everyone I met of my Pakistani heritage and literally everyone I met welcomed me with warmth and hospitality. Not once did I feel any hostility of any kind. It actually endeared people towards me more than white colleagues.

So I can only speak for my personal experience.

In terms of politics- I suppose the closest we have come is discussing Pakistan and India when talking about cricket. From my anecdotal experience, people quite liked the Pakistan cricket team (of course, they may have just been being polite!) - 'my second team', 'after Bangladesh I always want Pakistan to win' etc
    There's also the neighbour complex at play here - the smaller neighbour feeling that the big neighbour taking advantage of it and its resources unfairly. Afghanistan-Pakistan, India-Bangladesh and China-Vietnam, etc., are examples.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam in his presser today:

"Bangladesh is a cricket-loving nation and we have seen their support for Pakistan cricket.

"They even regularly watch our training sessions from the rooftops and stand by the roadside to wave at our team bus."

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan team management on Thursday (November 18) said that hoisting the country’s flag during training sessions is something that was introduced by interim head coach Saqlain Mushtaq. The visiting team’s decision to hoist its national flag in the Mirpur ground in Dhaka on Tuesday during a practice session has created a huge controversy ahead of the three-match T20 series with many Bangladeshi fans taking the move as a political message ahead of the golden jubilee celebrations of the nation’s independence.

The media manager of the Pakistan team in Bangladesh has now issued a clarification. “It is nothing new for us. It is part of the coaching philosophy of Saqlain Mushtaq since he joined the team. He feels by putting up the flag it serves as an inspiration and motivation for the players,” the media manager said during a media interaction held by Pakistani captain Babar Azam.

The manager noted that the Pakistan flag had been used during training sessions regularly since Saqlain took charge. It had happened during the home series preparations against New Zealand and the T20 World Cup.

Soon after the controversy came to light, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) got into damage control and said they started the practice of putting up the national flag during practice sessions two months ago. Babar pointed out that there was plenty of support for the Pakistan team in Bangladesh.

“They not only support their team but they also cheer us up. Whenever we have gone out for training the people cheer us when they see us in the bus. That is why it's good that 50 per cent of spectators have been allowed for our T20 series.”

Babar also said that he is always in search of perfection. “I look for perfection day by day because after every match you get to learn something new and the learning process never stops. I look at every match I have played and learn from what has happened,” he added.

https://zeenews.india.com/cricket/pa...s-2411446.html

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is in line with my understanding of the situation. Bangladesh is an interesting case because the government is pro India but the population is largely anti India. That's down to a lot of factors like traditional muslim brotherhood with muslim countries (Pakistan), Indian ministers making foot in the mouth statements aimed at Bangladeshis in India, the general anti muslim sentiment in India, territorial and water disputes, and also an anti hindu sentiment in Bangladesh. I suppose only the Bangladeshi Hindus are in the pro India camp and that was one of the primary reasons for the recent anti hindu riots in Bangladesh.
    Apart from the bolded part, I agreed more or less with you.

Make no mistake, I am not saying Bangladesh do not have any anti hindu sentiment, infact Bangladesh do have a growing anti-hindu sentiment, which is absolutely a new phenomena.

Bangladesh have always been a tolerant nation. And with India, Bangladeshi used to have very cordial relationship in the past. I remember Vajpayee used to be remembered very pleasantly by both Bangladeshi politicians and common people alike. During Vajpayee and even during Manmohan Singh, Bangladesh used to look on to India favorably as well as admirably. But now things have changed drastically.

I would even say that the nonsecular parties in Bangladesh, who never used to get any support in the past, have a sudden rise due to the policies of BJP and Modi in India. And with them and with constant meddling in the internal affairs of Bangladesh during the tenure of Awami League, anti-hindu sentiment have begun to rise in Bangladesh recently.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this an issue? A bit of inspiration, remember what you’re playing for. Not sure what’s wrong with this at all? Haha

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Apart from the bolded part, I agreed more or less with you.

Make no mistake, I am not saying Bangladesh do not have any anti hindu sentiment, infact Bangladesh do have a growing anti-hindu sentiment, which is absolutely a new phenomena.

Bangladesh have always been a tolerant nation. And with India, Bangladeshi used to have very cordial relationship in the past. I remember Vajpayee used to be remembered very pleasantly by both Bangladeshi politicians and common people alike. During Vajpayee and even during Manmohan Singh, Bangladesh used to look on to India favorably as well as admirably. But now things have changed drastically.

I would even say that the nonsecular parties in Bangladesh, who never used to get any support in the past, have a sudden rise due to the policies of BJP and Modi in India. And with them and with constant meddling in the internal affairs of Bangladesh during the tenure of Awami League, anti-hindu sentiment have begun to rise in Bangladesh recently.
    I've always believed India as a country/society is more similar to Bangladesh than Pakistan because of the similarities between India and Bangladesh in terms of their constitutions.

And India wasn't always this intolerant either. Riots did happen in India in the past just like it did so in Bangladesh, but the anti muslim sentiment wasn't always like this when I was growing up. It changed from around 2010 onwards with social media becoming popular and used as a tool to influence people in elections (this has happened even in the American elections). And so the rise of anti muslim sentiments in India has started to reflect in Bangladesh with the rise of anti hindu sentiments in their own country. With people moving to the right wing spectrum, the country is ripe for the taking by a right wing party. I don't really think Hasina will get an another term in the next elections and a more right leaning party with a heavy religious tint like the BJP might win the next elections in Bangladesh.
    Last edited by street cricketer; 18th November 2021 at 19:24.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With people moving to the right wing spectrum, the country is ripe for the taking by a right wing party. I don't really think Hasina will get an another term in the next elections and a more right leaning party with a heavy religious tint like the BJP might win the next elections in Bangladesh.
    You are right that the country is moving to right wing spectrum, which the civil society of the Bangladesh does not want to see. Infact the civil society is also not happy with Awami league. During our era of economic growth, what we need is a progressive government with emphasize on the development of human resources and green economy. None of the parties are offering such policies.

If we is to have a fair election now, then Hasina's fall is inevitable. Problem is for a decade we have not got any fair elections, and all the institutions of democracy has already fallen. Next government have to start everything from all over again just like we did in 1990.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is a minister not any avg bangladeshi.
    One BJP parliamentarian Swamy have repeatedly urged the Indian government to invade Bangladesh. What's your opinion about it? He is also not an average Indian

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    One BJP parliamentarian Swamy have repeatedly urged the Indian government to invade Bangladesh. What's your opinion about it? He is also not an average Indian
    Some strange dynamic in progress - Bangladeshi ppers clearly stating its not an issue but others insisting it is!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    India news:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  53.1 KB

Bangladesh news:

Views: 435
Size:  142.7 KB

Views: 433
Size:  109.0 KB

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We knew this all along.
    Take a look at the last sentence in post # 45

Thanks for the confirmation.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Not sure exactly how will this help players perform better in the actual matches?

For example,
    Will posting the flag in net session, help Hassan Ali to shift his focus from his hairstyle to bringing back the sting in his bowling?

Will posing the flag in net sessiion, make Asif Ali not get out on the first ball and keep on hitting sixes and sixes to cheer up the crowd?

IMO
    It should've being done in the first place.

There is absolutely NO use of it.
    You don't need a flag displayed this way in a practice session to prove your nationalism.
    I mean, WHY do you even need to prove your nationalism or send along these lines any such message to anyone? Why?

And if you are truly itching and wanted to do it so bad, then show your nationalism in an actual game, where you drop crucial catches. How does the flag help you then?

So again, they should've not done it in the first place, but now they cannot take it down as well, because it will then mean to submit your self proclaimed "pride" and your self proclaimed "display of nationalism" to someone else's pressure.

Fazool ki controversy with no apparent benefit to Pakistan.

If posting the flag in a net session would help in performing on the ground, then you should have one smaller version posted on your head during the game.

Either way, they can't back off now. Funny catch 22 situation.
    No benefit to anyone. A totally useless act by Pak Think Tanks, and a totally unnecessary controversy created by some Bangladeshis as well. (who knows if India money is behind this controversy and twitter trend, you never know)
    Think you missed the whole concept.

Saqlain started it when Pakistan were training in Lahore before the World Cup - he felt that it gave an extra impetus to Pakistan players and it was carried on during the tournament and has become their trademark.

Nothing wrong with it if it inspires them.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saqlain started it when Pakistan were training in Lahore before the World Cup - he felt that it gave an extra impetus to Pakistan players and it was carried on during the tournament and has become their trademark.

Yes exactly. These are symbolic things and the difference they make is going to be mental rather than skill related - it will be more about pride and focus.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Can't believe that such a big deal is being made of this mostly by people who should have nothing to do with it.

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see any issues with this at all.

It’s a matter of symbolism, just because you have a flag up during practice doesn’t mean you’re waging war in Bangladesh.

This is a sporting event. let’s just leave it at that.

Pakistani players are making thermos flag visible. It would be different if they threw Bangladesh flag and then replaced it with Pakistani flag on Bangladesh soil.

Secondly, the flag is not being displayed in a public setting to upset the general public. It is being done for a practice session in privately held closed areas. No public has access to these players.

This is people with small mindset showing their small mindset.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok my bad, so this was in Bangladesh, makes sense now.

If its something they don’t normally do then I guess they shouldn’t have done it given the history and political sensitivities in the region.

But really, it is a non issue.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty big "IF".
    But yeah, IF it inspires them, then I am all for it.

However, does it inspire them? I guess it's anyone's guess.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty big "IF".
    But yeah, IF it inspires them, then I am all for it.

However, does it inspire them? I guess it's anyone's guess.
    Everything is about ifs and buts and maybes. Maybe it does, if it does, it does but...

The bottom line is it is just a flag they have put in the ground while they practice. It really is no big deal. I mean if they had taken a Bangladesh flag down from somewhere and replaced it with a Pakistan flag then I'd understand but, it really is just a flag in the ground while they practice. People need to get out more.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I
    Bangladeshi Hindus are generally pro-India (and that is understandable). It is what I have observed both on social media and also in real life.
    Having an affinity towards India is natural for Hindus, no different from non-Arabic/ non Turkish Muslims having affinity with Arabia and Turkey.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t patriotic to their nation.

Hindus will obviously have the religious affinity especially when they are living in even more proximity to the place of their original culture. Helps that their place of pilgrimage is right in the neighborhood too.

On topic though based on personal experience a lot of Bangladeshi Muslims I met are anti-Pakistan too. I wouldn’t call them pro-India either and probably not fans either but it’s very obvious.I am not basing this on 1-2, there was atleast 20 Bangladeshis in one of the projects I worked in for a top 4 accounting firm. Obviously I never discussed geo politics with most of them but there is a cricket match happening, you know the vibe.

Debut
    Jul 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah , Riot was unfortunate but it happened after Quran was disrespected.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Having an affinity towards India is natural for Hindus, no different from non-Arabic/ non Turkish Muslims having affinity with Arabia and Turkey.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t patriotic to their nation.

Hindus will obviously have the religious affinity especially when they are living in even more proximity to the place of their original culture. Helps that their place of pilgrimage is right in the neighborhood too.
    I never called them traitors or questioned their commitments. They love their country and that's nice.

I simply said they tend to be pro-India due to religious and cultural connection.

On topic though based on personal experience a lot of Bangladeshi Muslims I met are anti-Pakistan too.
    The bolded part is true to some extent but things have improved over the years. The bitterness has reduced significantly.

Vast majority of modern Bangladeshis don't have any issue with Pakistan. Most people only care about Bangladesh; they neither care about India nor Pakistan. Even I don't care much about state of Pakistan; but, I wish all Muslim-majority states well and that includes Pakistan.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Indian media playing the hybrid warfare to the tee.

In truth South Asian media is usually trash as a whole but Pakistani media are not this obsessed about India like Indian media is about us. Pakistani media is too busy abusing politicians.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketwatch View Post
    Nah , Riot was unfortunate but it happened after Quran was disrespected.
    *by a muslim, in order to frame the hindus in Bangladesh and whip up the emotions of the majority against the hindus celebrating Durga puja and so it happened successfully.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Indian media playing the hybrid warfare to the tee.

In truth South Asian media is usually trash as a whole but Pakistani media are not this obsessed about India like Indian media is about us. Pakistani media is too busy abusing politicians.
    lol. Just reminded me of '5th floor Serena Hotel on Kabul'

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is about ifs and buts and maybes. Maybe it does, if it does, it does but...

The bottom line is it is just a flag they have put in the ground while they practice. It really is no big deal. I mean if they had taken a Bangladesh flag down from somewhere and replaced it with a Pakistan flag then I'd understand but, it really is just a flag in the ground while they practice. People need to get out more.
    Whether posting the flag or not is perhaps not the issue, and shouldn't be made one into either.

However, on a personal level, it's laughable to me if anyone claims that it helps in performance during the match.
    Great warriors like Javed Miadad and Imran Khan and many, many others never needed these shenanigans in the net sessions to get some sorta awakening which would instill the feelings of nationalism.

Your national anthem gets played and your flag is raised before the game, that should suffice it.

But then again, who knows if modern day wussies do get inspired by such useless acts in the net sessions? Each to it's own I guess? So yeah.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *by a muslim, in order to frame the hindus in Bangladesh* and whip up the emotions of the majority against the hindus celebrating Durga puja and so it happened successfully.
    According to which BJP minister?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Perhaps read the news a bit.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel like people are generally depressed and they would argue over everything, media need to sell so they’ll sell anything, politician needs to stay relevant so any sellable controversy will be promoted but it is just a flag, everyone has different way of motivating themselves and as a team - so what if flag was used, some like songs, some motivational speech, some relax, some chew their fav gum. - people are generally either bored or depressed.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not sure who this organization is...

==

Bangladesh Muktijoddha Mancha, an organisation of the descendents of the freedom fighters, staged protest in the capital on Thursday, demanding a ban on Pakistan cricket team from Bangladesh for hoisting Pakistani flag in the country.

They burned Pakistani flags and demanded immediate removal of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hasan Papon for his silent role in the incident.

The Mancha came up with the demand at a human chain at the base of Raju Memorial Sculpture on Dhaka University (DU) campus on Thursday afternoon.

"A few days ago, Pakistan Cricket Team hoisted their national flag while practicing in Bangladesh," said Muktijuddha Mancha President Aminul Islam Bulbul.

"We are saddened by the silent role of Bangladesh Cricket Board even after hoisting of Pakistani flag in Bangladesh. The BCB has betrayed Bangladesh which we have achieved through the supermen sacrifice of 30 lakh martyrs and honor of two lakh mothers and sisters during the liberation war in 1971. It has betrayed 18 crore people of the country."

Al Mamun, General Secretary of the Mancha, said, " In the beginning of the golden jubilee of independence, Pakistan and its collaborators in Bangladesh have proved that they are yet to accept Bangladesh as an independent country. The conspiracy against Bangladesh is still going on."

"We want to make it clear that the government should ban Pakistan cricket team from Bangladesh immediately," he demanded.

He also demanded legal action against the Pakistan cricket team for violating the Bangladesh flag rules.

https://www.daily-sun.com/printversi...-in-Bangladesh

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do Americans stand with hand on their heart during their anthem too?
    Yeah it's a really American thing to do.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's a really American thing to do.
    Not all things the British invented were bad man..

You guys should change to the metric system.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all things the British invented were bad man..

You guys should change to the metric system.
    Naah, why should we dumb ourselves down for the rest of the world? lol

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether posting the flag or not is perhaps not the issue, and shouldn't be made one into either.

However, on a personal level, it's laughable to me if anyone claims that it helps in performance during the match.
    Great warriors like Javed Miadad and Imran Khan and many, many others never needed these shenanigans in the net sessions to get some sorta awakening which would instill the feelings of nationalism.

Your national anthem gets played and your flag is raised before the game, that should suffice it.

But then again, who knows if modern day wussies do get inspired by such useless acts in the net sessions? Each to it's own I guess? So yeah.
    You are looking at this way too deeply.

It is literally just a flag.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are part of Awami league. I doubt even 0.1% people trusts them or give them any importance. They serve the purpose of India as proxy.

General bangladeshi people don't care about what awami league or this specific muktijoddha moncho thinks. The propaganda phase has became old and irrelevant.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Indian news is crying like Pak is about to attack Ban, and Ban news themselves is quite chill.

Our Indian posters are so aggressive and saying how big a issue it is, where the Ban posters themselves are quite relaxed about it.

The hypocrisy smh

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch of Pak flags in the stadium so yeh it seems like Ban is chill about it

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We will probably need a few more flags after the loss in the first T20.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 50-50 when I was a kid. That was in the 90's.

Things started to turn quite sour after BJP came into power.

Also, I think a lot of the modern Indians are a bit more hostile than previous generations. So, that doesn't help.
    Bangladesh & India still have excellent bilateral ties and I doubt it would change in the near future. Bangladesh & India would always have very good relations because of our shared historical glory.
    Despite your claim of mass hatred towards India; Bollywood, IPL, Indian drama, India as a tourist destination are still massively popular to the masses. India is extremely hated only by Islamist parties, the mullahs and their supporters. Their narratives influence people from time to time & we're going through such a period(BJP in helm has played a huge role in it).

I still wonder how a person living in a developed western country believe in all these fake narratives like you do.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ishtiaq_ctg View Post
    Bangladesh & India still have excellent bilateral ties and I doubt it would change in the near future. Bangladesh & India would always have very good relations because of our shared historical glory.
    Despite your claim of mass hatred towards India; Bollywood, IPL, Indian drama, India as a tourist destination are still massively popular to the masses. India is extremely hated only by Islamist parties, the mullahs and their supporters. Their narratives influence people from time to time & we're going through such a period(BJP in helm has played a huge role in it).

I still wonder how a person living in a developed western country believe in all these fake narratives like you do.
    What about the other Bangladeshi posters? LOL. They are agreeing with me and not you.

Only a person who is compromised would call these narratives fake.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Shadab was smiling at the end and there is uproar that he was smiling. I think it was insensitive of him to smile after hitting a six to win a match. Bangladeshi people and Indian media are rightly making a big deal out of this.

Why smile anyway? Was there any need? Guys like Miandad and Imran Khan never used to smile!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some strange dynamic in progress - Bangladeshi ppers clearly stating its not an issue but others insisting it is!
    That's the strange thing really. It seems like others will be happy to see a dispute between these two nations.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiriket View Post
    They are part of Awami league. I doubt even 0.1% people trusts them or give them any importance. They serve the purpose of India as proxy.

General bangladeshi people don't care about what awami league or this specific muktijoddha moncho thinks. The propaganda phase has became old and irrelevant.
    That's right. Vast majority of the BD people seem better informed now compared to before. That is a good thing.

Bangladesh should not be a vessel for furthering India's interests.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the other Bangladeshi posters? LOL. They are agreeing with me and not you.

Only a person who is compromised would call these narratives fake.
    Your narratives are fake. There always existed anti-indian sentiments of hatred among segments of people(Mullahs, Jamaat-e-Islami & other such irrelevant groups). But these are mainly fringe groups that have very little influence on the masses. Huge part of the minorities is pro-Indian, same with the merchant communities as they always want to maintain ties with India. Also most awamileague supporters have positive views about India, That makes up almost 50% of the population that hardly has any sort of serious resentment towards India.
    Being neighbours, there will always be issues that would effect the bilateral ties & people's mutual sentiments in both positive & negetive ways.
    As I stated before, Bangladesh & India would always have a friendly relation because of the history. I guess your laughable attempts of portraying India as an enemy country of Bangladesh will only appease some uninformed pakistani posters.
    Last edited by ishtiaq_ctg; 20th November 2021 at 02:32.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiriket View Post

Do you live in a la la land? People not caring about Awami League is like saying the Chinese dont care about the communist party.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you live in a la la land? People not caring about Awami League is like saying the Chinese dont care about the communist party.
    He doesn't live in la la land and neither do I. Neither does any other BD poster who posted on this thread.

Only person who lives in la la land is you.

You are a compromised and misinformed individual.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your narratives are fake. There always existed anti-indian sentiments of hatred among segments of people(Mullahs, Jamaat-e-Islami & other such irrelevant groups). But these are mainly fringe groups that have very little influence on the masses. Huge part of the minorities is pro-Indian, same with the merchant communities as they always want to maintain ties with India. Also most awamileague supporters have positive views about India, That makes up almost 50% of the population that hardly has any sort of serious resentment towards India.
    Being neighbours, there will always be issues that would effect the bilateral ties & people's mutual sentiments in both positive & negetive ways.
    As I stated before, Bangladesh & India would always have a friendly relation because of the history. I guess your laughable attempts of portraying India as an enemy country of Bangladesh will only appease some uninformed pakistani posters.
    My narratives are not fake as you can see other Bengali posters have written the same thing. They agree with my viewpoint. Please go through the entire thread.

You are obviously an Awami League supporter and hence your are trying to discredit us. It is not working. Give it up.

Not everyone who disagrees with you and your party is automatically a mullah. Use your brain for once.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th November 2021 at 03:01.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Shadab was smiling at the end and there is uproar that he was smiling. I think it was insensitive of him to smile after hitting a six to win a match. Bangladeshi people and Indian media are rightly making a big deal out of this.

Why smile anyway? Was there any need? Guys like Miandad and Imran Khan never used to smile!
    Shadab Khan smiled after the winning shot maybe he is a happy chap, you felt offended maybe you are a sad soul. That is normal human behaviour

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My narratives are not fake as you can see other Bengali posters have written the same thing. They agree with my viewpoint. Please go through the entire thread.

You are obviously an Awami League supporter and hence your are trying to discredit us. It is not working. Give it up.

Not everyone who disagrees with you and your party is automatically a mullah. Use your brain for once.
    Other Bengali posters dosent represent Bangladesh. Most of them probably live outside the country like you and like you, their sources of information are also random fb groups.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other Bengali posters dosent represent Bangladesh. Most of them probably live outside the country like you and like you, their sources of information are also random fb groups.
    So, they do not represent Bangladesh and you do? ROFL!

You truly are a piece of work.

I urge you to stop getting your knowledge from biased sources.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 20th November 2021 at 03:27.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are kidding right? Lol I mean there was a visual proof of that.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Leeds Leeds Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would’ve been nice if Pak players were practicing in India and had Pak flag posted on the Indian soil.

Matter of fact, Pak should do it in the up coming global cricket tournament in India.
    I have to say, "I'd absolutely love it if we did that"

شاباش

Name:  1tMWt4cjqC0aknVZpfPsoPn6xHlmNiB3.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  37.9 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)