"I dedicate this MoM to all my fans who supported me throughout the T20 World Cup" : Hassan Ali


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    162,604
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    "I dedicate this MoM to all my fans who supported me throughout the T20 World Cup" : Hassan Ali

    Hassan Ali speaking to the PCB at end of the 1st T20i against Bangladesh

    "All my fans have supported me throughout the T20 World Cup and it would be tasteless if I didn't dedicate my today's Man of the Match award to my fans"

    "So I dedicate this Man of the Match award to all my fans who have supported me throughout the T20 World Cup"

    "My performance in the T20 World Cup was not upto the mark and not to the standard I should perform to and also not to the level as expected by my fans"

    "But this is cricket where you can have ups and downs where one series goes well and the other one doesn't go as well but I always try and give my 110%"

    "In the T20 World Cup, I had issues with bowling no-balls and also wasn't getting that many wickets but since we have come here in Bangladesh, I have made a lot of efforts and worked hard in the nets to improve myself"

    "Bangladesh is a strong team in their backyard and in their own home conditions. Visiting teams find it difficult to compete in Bangladesh and if we look the period before the T20 World Cup, we will see that Bangladesh competed well against Australia, New Zealand and the West Indies whom they beat comprehensively"

    "So they have an advantage of home conditions and even today the conditions were tough for us but hats off to our middle-order who finished off the match in this excellent way"

    "A different Man of the Match in every game is good news for the team as that shows that there is healthy competition amongst the team members and it also means that we are not realizing on one person to win the game for us"

    "So we had Mohammad Nawaz who played so well after being away from the team for so long, Mohammad Wasim Jr also showed his talent and intent; We also had Shadab Khan who didn't get much opportunity in the T20 World Cup to bat but he showed us how well he can bat as did Khushdil Shah"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    2,565
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another garbage performance bowled rubbish deliveries which he got wickets on I don’t understand why he keeps bowling wide slower balls those are so easy to read and smash he hasn’t learned anything from the World Cup hammering

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    16,184
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very happy he performed and got motm. That will erase some self doubts he had of himself

    Such downs take place and only the best players come out of them. Good luck to him.

    Also, compared to asif ali and rahat ali, hassan ali didnt get that much hate. As soon as the hate started there were the opposite party that were also vocal to not critsize to much and act as the indians did with shami..

    It shows we fans are also learning aswell.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    16,986
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did good but I think MOTM should've gone to Khushdil.

    Good opportunity for Hasan to get his form back.


    Bangladeshi Man

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see heís found his rhythm, canít be dropped now. 👀

  6. Google Ad Manager-
  7. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    34,058
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gets MOM v Bangladesh B team and dedicates it to his fans as if he’s performed against peak Australia of 2005.

    Very low bar set for himself. Needs to stay humble, quiet and keep chipping away. There will be plenty of real opponents against whom he can perform and redeem himself

  8. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,700
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, would have preferred him dedicating the catch instead to the fans who stuck by him ven after all his shoddy performances over the last year or so.

  9. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    14,296
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCB had an awesome PR machine at the world cup and the siege mentality created by RR is the reason Hassan never got much flack.

    But its time to move on now. I stand with Roy Keanr where I find sporting apologies meaningless. Just play the game.

  10. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleased for him - he didn't deserve the abuse after the semi final.

    He could be a very handy bowler if he is in form.

  11. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    13,863
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Until next time. Next year by Warner and Finch together. Shouldn't play anymore T20. Poor from M wasim to retain him along with Malik and Sarfraz.

  12. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    11,309
    Mentioned
    1614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He has got a lifetime contract to play for Pakistan, because he performed against Bangladesh B team.

  13. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awww been given MoM to feel better against a weakened minnow side. M Wasim jnr deserved it more...

  14. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    9,791
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah OK lad it makes up for it......

  15. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,258
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he really deserve the MOM award?

    Did not see the match but his 3 wickets werenít the most deciding thing in the match

  16. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    9,791
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Did he really deserve the MOM award?

    Did not see the match but his 3 wickets werenít the most deciding thing in the match
    Nawaz deserved it

  17. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    20,003
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Performance of the century :akram

  18. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,470
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best bowler in the team by far as shown by his performance today. Future captain material.

  19. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,688
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nawaz should have got the Man of the Match.

  20. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    849
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is not T20 material; needs to reinvent himself

  21. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,265
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    MOTM playing against a garbage team - a team that is so bad that it was thoroughly outshone by Nambia and Scotland. To even pretend that this somehow makes up for the World Cup is delusional. To talk it up in the way Hassan is doing, it’s an insult to our collective intelligence.

    Which joke of a selector thought it was a good idea to keep investing in Hassan? He may take wickets all year round against the Bangladesh’s of this world, but when all is said and done, he will forever be ripped apart by anyone who actually knows how to hold a bat.

    This is the perfect opportunity to get some of the youngsters experience so that hopefully, the next time we are faced with a situation where one of our bowlers is getting tonked, we don’t just keep selecting him because the bench lacks any experience.

    Forward thinking is a concept that doesn’t exist with the Pakistani cricket team.

    Hassan, please refrain from making any comments in the media for the foreseeable future. Nobody wants to hear you brag about you exploits against Bangladesh, PLEASE!


  22. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    16,613
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing He shouldnt even be celebrating a couple of lucky wickets against a bangladesh 2nd eleven

    Hasan needs to quit talking and start performing against the bigger teams

    Hes gonna have to take a lot of wickets to make up for his atrocious performances in the t20 world cup

  23. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,459
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay dedicating the MOTM award for a low octane t20i after a disaster of a world cup. With such attitude, he is (I hope not) only going to set himself up for another failure in another high profile tournament. Thinks a bit too much about himself. Needs to shut up and keep his head down and keep performing. These self elevating statements and dedications should be saved for performances in the knockouts of world tournaments. Umar Akmal used to act grandiosely and stupidly in his early years when he would actually perform but his attitude and inability to try and learn led to his downfall. Hasan could be well on to that path if he doesn't change.

  24. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,688
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    MOTM playing against a garbage team - a team that is so bad that it was thoroughly outshone by Nambia and Scotland. To even pretend that this somehow makes up for the World Cup is delusional. To talk it up in the way Hassan is doing, it’s an insult to our collective intelligence.

    Which joke of a selector thought it was a good idea to keep investing in Hassan? He may take wickets all year round against the Bangladesh’s of this world, but when all is said and done, he will forever be ripped apart by anyone who actually knows how to hold a bat.

    This is the perfect opportunity to get some of the youngsters experience so that hopefully, the next time we are faced with a situation where one of our bowlers is getting tonked, we don’t just keep selecting him because the bench lacks any experience.

    Forward thinking is a concept that doesn’t exist with the Pakistani cricket team.

    Hassan, please refrain from making any comments in the media for the foreseeable future. Nobody wants to hear you brag about you exploits against Bangladesh, PLEASE!
    Nawaz played ahead of Imad
    Wasim Jnr played ahead of Shaheen
    Haider played and asif ali was left out ??

  25. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,688
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hassan Ali is a warrior .

  26. #25
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,874
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some shameful comments here.

    What do you want him to say? I am terrible and I hate myself and I want the entire nation of Pakistan to hate and I am the sole reason to blame?

    He literally says "My performance in the T20 World Cup was not upto the mark and not to the standard I should perform to and also not to the level as expected by my fans" and it's still not good enough for people.

    Give him He has been incredible since he's comeback and Pakistan has actually started winning since his return.

  27. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,265
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Nawaz played ahead of Imad
    Wasim Jnr played ahead of Shaheen
    Haider played and asif ali was left out ??
    Which is all good, but it doesn’t change the fact that Hassan’s selection in the squad, and then his selection in the last game, is a joke. Hassan’s place in this squad should be taken by another youngster and Hassan should not be allowed to fool people by taking cheap wickets against people who can’t play cricket.

    They say the definition of insanity is doing something again and again and expecting a different result. We did that in the World Cup - Hassan was going for a million runs against every opposition big or small, and yet we kept selecting him. In the end, that genuinely cost us the entire World Cup. So now it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee. If we didn’t learn in the World Cup, we have to reflect now. Selecting Hassan again, that too against nothing oppositions so that he can pick up cheap wickets, is not in any way learning from our mistakes.

  28. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    7,265
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    Some shameful comments here.

    What do you want him to say? I am terrible and I hate myself and I want the entire nation of Pakistan to hate and I am the sole reason to blame?

    He literally says "My performance in the T20 World Cup was not upto the mark and not to the standard I should perform to and also not to the level as expected by my fans" and it's still not good enough for people.

    Give him He has been incredible since he's comeback and Pakistan has actually started winning since his return.
    I don’t want him to say anything. Just keep your head down, work hard and then in time if you prove yourself worthy of selection, you’ll get your chance again.

    But please, do not come out with ridiculous statements such as how you “dedicate your MOTM award” to the fans, as if this MOTM award against cricketers who can’t even hold a bat straight somehow vindicates you and makes up for single-handedly losing us the World Cup.

    You may think these comments sound harsh. But I’m afraid international sport of all kind is judged on performance. Nobody cares how hard you tried or how bad you feel about your lack of performance. If you do not perform, then you do not deserve selection. Simple.

    If you get selected despite actively losing your team major tournaments by yourself, then the selectors need to be fired. Getting wickets against Bangladesh may make you feel good, but it doesn’t change the fact that when up against anyone with an ability to bat, you will still be taken to the cleaners.
    Last edited by Usman; 20th November 2021 at 16:18.

  29. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    6,587
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to Hasan Ali, Just keep quite and perform consistently Mr minnow basher. We all know how pathetic you were in the WC. You don't have to issue a statement after every game. You're just reprimanded by ICC , so be careful and concentrate on your game. You're not superstar with millions of hard core fans, you're just an ordinary and luck cricketer. Good luck .

  30. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fans, kitni baar bolega. Too much of Me myself. But, sad that Babar named him as the sole reason to lose against Aus in the SF.

  31. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    94,693
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    His problem is that he is overconfident. He is not as good as he thinks he is. In his mind, he is superstar but in reality, he is just a decent cricketer who is not even among the top 20 players in the world.

    As a results, he gets carried away after a 2-3 good performances and loses focus and discipline.

    Every now and then, he needs a reality-check which forces him to work hard and keep his head on his shoulders.

    He needs to get rid of his pathetic, high-maintenance hairstyle and move on from that cringey celebration which lost its relevance years ago and purely focus on his on-field performance.

  32. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    11,688
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Which is all good, but it doesn’t change the fact that Hassan’s selection in the squad, and then his selection in the last game, is a joke. Hassan’s place in this squad should be taken by another youngster and Hassan should not be allowed to fool people by taking cheap wickets against people who can’t play cricket.

    They say the definition of insanity is doing something again and again and expecting a different result. We did that in the World Cup - Hassan was going for a million runs against every opposition big or small, and yet we kept selecting him. In the end, that genuinely cost us the entire World Cup. So now it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee. If we didn’t learn in the World Cup, we have to reflect now. Selecting Hassan again, that too against nothing oppositions so that he can pick up cheap wickets, is not in any way learning from our mistakes.
    Hassan is 27 same age as Babar.

    Hassan before he got injured was terrible after he got injured was good.Yes he had a poor tournament but he always comes back with a bang.

  33. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    3,700
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammed Wasim Jr and Shahnawaz dhani will hopefully give Hassan a kick up the bckside by giving him the competition for his spo, he has been too comfortable knowing whatever he does he wont be dropped.

  34. #33
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    34,132
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He needs something in the wicket to be effective. Dubai turf was too dead. He's got pace, but without the height, his type of bowling is easy pickings on slow wickets. He had a terrible world cup, but I still think on more sporting wickets he'll be a big player.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  35. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    His problem is that he is overconfident. He is not as good as he thinks he is. In his mind, he is superstar but in reality, he is just a decent cricketer who is not even among the top 20 players in the world.

    As a results, he gets carried away after a 2-3 good performances and loses focus and discipline.

    Every now and then, he needs a reality-check which forces him to work hard and keep his head on his shoulders.

    He needs to get rid of his pathetic, high-maintenance hairstyle and move on from that cringey celebration which lost its relevance years ago and purely focus on his on-field performance.
    You forgot to mention Asia Cup and the incident at the Wagah border. You good?😮


    Bring Back Umar Akmal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •