[VIDEOS] "Believe me it seems that we are playing the match in Pakistan" : Fakhar Zaman

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] "Believe me it seems that we are playing the match in Pakistan" : Fakhar Zaman

Fakhar Zaman speaking after win against Bangladesh in the 2nd T20I

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 8293
Size:  146.2 KB

"The wickets in Bangladesh are very different from those that we find in Pakistan, its a little difficult to bat earlier on in the innings as the ball grips initially and the fast-bowlers also get support; So Rizwan and I had planned to take our time after Babar's wicket had fallen because once we have a 20-30 run partnership, it becomes easier to play shots; So we were were successful in executing our plans were able to make the runs needed"

"Bangladesh bowling is very good, and they are very effective in their home conditions and it suits them as they have the good spinners and fast-bowlers too, so we have to play good cricket which we have done so far and will also do in the final game of the series"

"I am finding it difficult to believe the support we have got from the crowd. I came here in 2018 and I did not see so much crowd support for Pakistan then, so we would like to thank everyone who is supporting us here; Believe me it seems that we are playing the match in Pakistan. So whenever we take a wicket or play a good shot, we get the same support that the Bangladesh players get when they do the same - in fact, even their crowd is supporting us which is a great thing"

"Since the time, Babar Azam has taken charge of the side, he has set standards in batting and fielding for us and we are all trying to meet those standards, and I am doing the same"

"So the presence of Babar as captain is making a big difference. As you can see, we won in South Africa as well and played really well in the UAE also, and here in Bangladesh we have done well too; So if you win away from home, that speaks a lot about you. With the help of the Team Management, we are gelling well as a team which is a great thing and I hope and pray that things will only get better for us in the future"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Seems like a fantastic cricket loving crowd in BD. Well done!

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see a friendly crowd

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see the support and flags.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD has ALWAYS supported PAK even in INDO PAK matches in BD majority of the crowd has always supported PAK.

The WC QF in 2011 was very special. I still remember the whole stadium cheering for PAK against WI.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Good to see the support and flags.
    Seems only our Indian media had an issue with it. Feel sad for them and their supporters.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My father stopped watching T20 WC after Pakistan's exit in Semis.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely brilliant crowd.
    Thats what you call proper cricket fans.
    Hats off to everyone there!
    More or less, all fans give a good round to the opposistion players...however, I do remember a game in UAE involving New Zealand, where the "fans ko saanp soog jata tha", everytime they hit a boundary...haha.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprising.

Plenty of support for Pakistan in Bangladesh when it comes to cricket.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Not surprising.

Plenty of support for Pakistan in Bangladesh when it comes to cricket.
    I guess the popularity must be at an all time high in revent years due to a good WC performance and less presence of unlikeable characters in the team

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PK and BD will always be linked through our brotherhood.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Video from today

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Bangladesh Cricket Board officials believe there has been no severe breach of the bio-secured bubble after a fan ran into the field during the second T20I of the three-match series between Pakistan and hosts Bangladesh at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Saturday.

In the 13th over of the Pakistan innings, the game got interrupted after a fan named Rasel from the Northern Stand dodged the security and the group of groundsmen at SBNCS and ran to the center of the field.

The individual before being taken out of the field by the BCB security touched Mustafizur Rahman’s boot following which the match officials took the Bangladesh bowler off the game.

It was later learnt that Mustafizur was also suffering pain in his side during his second over of bowling in the game.

The intruder touches Mustafizur's boot whilst being told not to by umpire Tanvir Ahmed as Mahmudullah looks on in amusement AFP

The Bangladesh bowler will be reassessed again Sunday and a decision will be made on whether he will be match-fit for the third and final T20I.

The fan, Rasel from Comilla, was taken to the nearest police station and it is understood that the BCB officials were preparing for legal action against the individual.

The game continued but there was concern if the incident breached the bio-secured protocol of the players and officials.

BCB chief physician Dr. Debashish Chowdhury is confident that the event did not hamper the safety of the members who are inside the bubble.

“The Covid manager is looking into the matter but what I can understand is the contact was very brief and there is no chance of contamination. There was no incident that he [fan] sneezed close to the player,” informed Debashish to the media Saturday.

“There are criteria of close contact so based on that it [the fan going close to Mustafizur] was not a close contact. But still, we can have everyone in the bubble undergo a Covid-19 test [Sunday], that might not give a perfect result as it takes at least three to five days for someone to get infected. But still I do not think there will be any affect as the contact was not very close as we all saw,” the BCB official added.

The Covid-19 protocol management was yet to decide the steps going forward.

There was worry in the cricket fraternity if the touring Pakistan team would raise concerns with the incident but nothing such had happened when this report was filed.

It is understood that the tourists have maintained mutual understating with the host board on the issue.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2...ect-bio-bubble

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant atmosphere by Bangladeshi fans. Their youth are probably warming upto Pak cricket now.

The best thing we have gained from this series are the Athar Ali Khan memes on social media though.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I was shocked at just how much support the Pakistan team has been getting from the Bangladesh fans. Normally in the past there was pin drop silence when a Pakistani bowler took a wicket or if a Pakistani batter hit a boundary.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's why regardless of some fans, I like their team and their nation.

Compare them to Afghanistan and its night and day.

Great to see. Hope they get another good reception in Pakistan too.
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st November 2021 at 10:33.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    Los Santos
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    I guess the popularity must be at an all time high in revent years due to a good WC performance and less presence of unlikeable characters in the team
    I think it also has to do with a more likeable Prime Minister, Imran Khan has acknowlegded the mistakes Pakistan made in the erstwhile East Pakistan and in addition to that Bangladesh-India relations have been at an all time low recently.

"Tea was funtaaastic" - Abhinandan

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A reason why I want Bangladesh cricket to go from strength to strength is the passion their fans have for the game. They love the sport and are amongst the most passionate cricket fans around.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    I think it also has to do with a more likeable Prime Minister, Imran Khan has acknowlegded the mistakes Pakistan made in the erstwhile East Pakistan and in addition to that Bangladesh-India relations have been at an all time low recently.
    This. Imran has raised a lot of voice for Muslims at international levels so it has helped raise the level of Pakistani leadership in the entire Muslim world.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    A reason why I want Bangladesh cricket to go from strength to strength is the passion their fans have for the game. They love the sport and are amongst the most passionate cricket fans around.
    That's fine, they can continue to be a venue for cricket, much like the UAE.

Just channel the endless funds to their team to somebody more deserving.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tired1 View Post
    This. Imran has raised a lot of voice for Muslims at international levels so it has helped raise the level of Pakistani leadership in the entire Muslim world.
    The actual power in Bangladesh is Hasina, and not cricket fans. After her father Mujib, Hasina is the most pro-India leader Bangladesh has ever had. In recent times, sometimes there is friction between Bangladesh and India due to actions taken by the BJP government against illegal immigrants, but Hasina and Modi understand that good relations are a win-win for the two countries. Hasina also realizes that Pakistan cannot do anything tangible to help Bangladesh, it is too far away and has infuriated the West with its support for the Taliban.

Hasina has pretty much neutered the opposition, and given her successful management of the economy will remain in control for a long time.
    Last edited by Napa; 21st November 2021 at 13:10.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The actual power in Bangladesh is Hasina, and not cricket fans. After her father Mujib, Hasina is the most pro-India leader Bangladesh has ever had. In recent times, sometimes there is friction between Bangladesh and India due to actions taken by the BJP government against illegal immigrants, but Hasina and Modi understand that good relations are a win-win for the two countries. Hasina also realizes that Pakistan cannot do anything tangible to help Bangladesh, it is too far away and has infuriated the West with its support for the Taliban.

Hasina has pretty much neutered the opposition, and given her successful management of the economy will remain in control for a long time.
    I will appreciate Indian posters, with little knowledge or information, to refrain from commenting on Bangladesh politics, or on the status of her leaders. Hasina might be pro-India, but she was elected by the people of her constituency. She will listen whatever her people desire for regardless her or others feelings.

As the PM of the nation, she is matured enough to understand what is good and bad for her and her people. And she would do the needful to make sure whatever necessary for the development of the nation. At the same time, she understand the mentality of her people, can decide with whom to keep good relation and not to keep relation with(case in point relationship with China amidst huge opposition from India).

No matter whatever India or her politicians wants, Bangladesh will do whatever She wants to do.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was shocked at just how much support the Pakistan team has been getting from the Bangladesh fans. Normally in the past there was pin drop silence when a Pakistani bowler took a wicket or if a Pakistani batter hit a boundary.
    You guys might not think more into this, but I think Bangladeshi crowd came all out to support Pakistan is just to **** off India and their media. Otherwise even couple of years ago no body would show any support against their own nation.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is getting better with BD cricket, their domestic structure , facilities and the crowd which understands and appreciate good cricket , even from a visiting team , but their senior team is still a certified minnow.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smkk View Post
    I will appreciate Indian posters, with little knowledge or information, to refrain from commenting on Bangladesh politics,.
    I have enough knowledge of Bangladeshi politics, it isnít that esoteric. Also, Hasinaís attitude towards India definitely is something for Indians to have an opinion about.

Pakistan and China are very different.
    Last edited by Napa; 21st November 2021 at 16:41.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    great to see, pak made mistakes with bengalis in the past, but bangladesh is doing well now so naturally their people, especially the youger generation, are unlikely to hold on to negative views.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I have enough knowledge of Bangladeshi politics, it isn’t that esoteric. Also, Hasina’s attitude towards India definitely is something for Indians to have an opinion about.

Pakistan and China are very different.
    It is this condescending attitude, that has made people of Bangladesh despising India more and more in the recent time. Otherwise they used to have friendly attitude towards India even few years ago.

All the old and patriotic leaders of Awami league have turned against India recently, due to which there is a shift towards China. A big part of Awami league for their own good, have decided to distance themselves from India, even though another small part is still clinging on India first policy.

As I said earlier, Bangladesh will do whatever we wants to, regardless whatever opinion you or your politicians have.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ok guys - enough politics

This thread is not for India Bangladesh relations - Some of the comments from Fakhar highlight how much Bangladesh crowds are enjoying watching Pakistan play here despite propaganda by Indian news sources.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    United Arab Emirates
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social Media picture of Bangladeshi spectators demonstrating against bearing Pakistani flag in Mirpur stadium

I have a bad feeling things could go ugly today -- hopefully not.
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd November 2021 at 13:30.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Crowds as Pakistan bus passes by:

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sion View Post
    Social Media picture of Bangladeshi spectators demonstrating against bearing Pakistani flag in Mirpur stadium

I have a bad feeling things could go ugly today -- hopefully not.
    BD obviously has two types of people. One that holds a grudge against Pakistan and one who doesn't.

So, we can expect to see mixed reactions.

I personally don't really care about these flag debacles. For me, cricket is the only thing that matters here.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Good to see them being good hosts.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know after talking to a lot of Bangladeshis they have a lot of love for Pakistan - and it has grown exponentially in the last few years too. The younger generation sees things entirely differently from their government and the older generation also doesn't have the kind of angst they used to have.

But even in the 80s, I remember Pakistan hockey team against India getting rousing reception in Dhaka, much more partisan than playing at their own homes. it was wild.

And Bangladeshis have been very accommodative this time around too - what with Hassan's gesture, Shaheen's hurling the ball at the batsmen, Nawaz getting out of the way of the ball. All of this only a few years ago would have been national scandals in Bangladesh and Haseena would have been weighing in. A lot has changed back to good times between Pakistan and Bangladesh - some of it to do with what's happening in India but also how Pakistan has positioned itself in the last few years.

All Pakistan cricket team has to do is not to muck it up on this tour with needless controversies - when the tide of public opinion is so much in their favor. Play hard, play to win, but play fair and leave with respect for the very accommodative hosts.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good crowd, always great atmosphere in Bangladesh and supporting fans

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Class, BD support for Pak will only grow. Now just need the Afghans to get on board.

I hereby present to thee, inventor of thy round table, arise - Sir Cumference

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems only our Indian media had an issue with it. Feel sad for them and their supporters.
    U have specific evidence of that? Most Indian fans i know woud'nt care less if BD supported pak or the hicksville hillybillys

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrIc_Mystique View Post
    U have specific evidence of that? Most Indian fans i know woud'nt care less if BD supported pak or the hicksville hillybillys
    Yes, loads of evidence. Indian media was throwing all their toys out of the pram about it and Bangladeshis themselves didn't care, apart from one politician.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeikh View Post
    Yes, loads of evidence. Indian media was throwing all their toys out of the pram about it and Bangladeshis themselves didn't care, apart from one politician.
    Care to share one specific piece of evidence?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCB should look to cultivate strong relationships with Bangladesh Cricket. I think we have tried to bully them in the past and look down on them but they can be strong allys and despite the lack of success with their team the fans continue to be passionate about the game.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    According to sources, the Pakistan squad was left "surprised" after they did not get a trophy despite winning the series.

However, a spokesperson of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) told the management of the Pakistan team that they would hand over the trophy after the conclusion of the Test series.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to sources, the Pakistan squad was left "surprised" after they did not get a trophy despite winning the series.

However, a spokesperson of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) told the management of the Pakistan team that they would hand over the trophy after the conclusion of the Test series.
    That was odd and unprofessional.

BCB should be better than this.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    That was odd and unprofessional.

BCB should be better than this.
    I think that Bangladesh thought they would beat Pakistan in the T20 and lose the Tests and so scheduled the trophy ceremony to be at the same time so it looks like both teams won something.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    I think that Bangladesh thought they would beat Pakistan in the T20 and lose the Tests and so scheduled the trophy ceremony to be at the same time so it looks like both teams won something.
    LOL. That would be funny if that's the case.

I hope this blunder is a one-off thing.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to share one specific piece of evidence?
    No, I don't care, sorry. Not going to hold your hand through google searches. Plenty of stuff out there. A few things were posted in the other thread too (the one about the flag during training).

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don't care, sorry. Not going to hold your hand through google searches. Plenty of stuff out there. A few things were posted in the other thread too (the one about the flag during training).
    The one about the flag during trainign was reporting on what was happening.
    However, it does not fit your convenient narrative.
    Whatever floats your boat mate....like i said - the true indian cricket lover would'nt care who BD root for...

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And whilst at it check #shamikifarzitrolling. Started by paid for trolls. Their handles were uncovered to have been in existence the day before the match. Also has their locations and occupations.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one about the flag during trainign was reporting on what was happening.
    However, it does not fit your convenient narrative.
    Whatever floats your boat mate....like i said - the true indian cricket lover would'nt care who BD root for...

Oh it was more than reported on. I saw the Indian media crying about it saying 'a controversy has erupted' etc when really it was they who had erupted.

You can deny it all you want but the Indian obsession with Pakistan is there for all to see.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering the same. In fact, we've had a little bit of tension with BD in the past, has there been a turn of events recently or has the support for Pak always been like this? Maybe a BD fan can answer.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    A Bangladeshi supporter of the Pakistan cricket team was allegedly beaten by a group of youths belonging to Muktijoddha Mancha at Sagarika area near Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram city on Friday morning.

The supporter, aged about 30, was chased and beaten by the youths at about 10:00am, said a witness.

The first test match between Bangladesh and Pakistan began in Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium on Friday morning.

Activists of Muktijoddha Mancha took position in front of the stadium from 8:00am to prevent the Bangladeshi supports of Pakistan cricket team in Chattogram, said the organisation’s vice-president Mohammad Hasan.

Hasan said that the supporter of the Pakistan team was a Bangladesh national but he came by wearing the Pakistan team’s jersey.

‘We requested the man to put off the jersey but he refused. Later, he locked in an altercation with us and suddenly tried to flee the spot but he fell in a roadside drain,’ he said.

The man sought pardon from the drain and promised not to support the Pakistan cricket team anymore, he said.

The identity of the supporter of the Pakistan cricket team could not be known.

Pahartoli police station officer-in-charge Md Mostafizur Rahman said that they came to know the incident but none complained to them.

https://www.newagebd.net/article/155...-in-chattogram

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    BNP parliamentarian Md Harunur Rashid faced protests by ruling lawmakers at Jatiya Sangsad Saturday after supporting the Pakistani national cricket team's flag hoisting during a practice session for its ongoing Bangladesh tour.

"We should keep in mind that they [Pakistan national cricket team] are our guests. Our players also perform in other countries where they too hoist the national flag," said the BNP's member of parliament.

"But I recently saw an MP delivering hate speech centring the issue," said Harun, which promptly met with protests by the Awami League lawmakers.

"Why did you invite the team for the Dhaka tour in the first place," the BNP MP told them, adding, "It is not appropriate to be hostile towards a nation. This is not decent for us either."

Referring to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's 1974-speech at the UN, Harun told the house that Bangabandhu then said Bangladesh, brushing aside the previous animosity, put efforts to re-establish bilateral relations with Pakistan.

"By pardoning 195 war criminals, we have written a new history of peace and cooperation in the subcontinent. We have shown our sincerity," Harun quoted from Bangabandhu's speech.

The BNP MP sought "protection" from the speaker as protests from the ruling MPs got louder following the remark.

"I had been talking about Bangabandhu's speech. If you interrupt here too, what else can I say honourable speaker? I did not say anything on my own, I just read out his speech," claimed Harun.

State Minister for Shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury responded to the BNP lawmaker by saying "Harun's support for Pakistan revealed his original political lineage".

"By speaking for the war criminals, he has proven again that BNP does not believe in the spirit of the liberation war," said the state minister.

He said, "BNP founder Ziaur Rahman not only pampered the Bangabandhu killers but also damaged the country's constitution to introduce Pakistani rules in Bangladesh. BNP is doing the same politics which the opposition parliamentarian has just revealed before the house."

https://www.tbsnews.net/bangladesh/p...et-team-335491