[VIDEO] Mohammad Amir : Will only make a decision to come out of retirement if asked by new Chairman

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Mohammad Amir : Will only make a decision to come out of retirement if asked by new Chairman

Mohammad Amir when asked about his retirement:

"I didn't want to talk about my retirement but since you have asked, let me say that the previous administration with whom I had been speaking with have left the scene. So I was speaking with Wasim Khan about future plans but he has left as well. Now we have a new management and chairman and no such talks have happened with them. If no one will speak to me about this situation then what can I announce as at the end of the day, you need to have some self-respect and for me to announce that I am available to play for Pakistan and the PCB Chairman says that we won't allow such players to play for Pakistan; At the end of the day, its about self-respect so I have not thought about coming out of retirement"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCB should get down on the knees and request Savior Amir to join the team again and maybe then there's a slim chance that he would consider taking back his decision for the country. What a Selfless Player.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Goodluck with that. Pakistan gave alot of chances to Asif and look how that ended up. Thankyou, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

{From someone who is a fan of his bowling }

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is as close to getting on your knees for an invitation as it can get.

He has to, first of all, prove he is good enough over a domestic season or two. Then he has to go to PCB, hat in hand, to ask for a path back. Even then I am not sure Ramiz will oblige.

He was stupid to not take Wasim Khanís offer and instead act like a king.

My prediction: international is close to Amir for a long time. And itís all his fault.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He better move on then, as hell will freeze over before Rameez speaks to Amir about his retirement. An in-form Sharjeel was scrapped from a T20WC, so Iím not sure what Amir was smoking when he said this.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A guy who was involved in spot fixing now talks about self respect. How ironic.

I am glad that Misbah destroyed this guys career. He got exposed with his joke of a performance in t20 leagues.

For money this guy will do anything

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    This is as close to getting on your knees for an invitation as it can get.

He has to, first of all, prove he is good enough over a domestic season or two. Then he has to go to PCB, hat in hand, to ask for a path back. Even then I am not sure Ramiz will oblige.

He was stupid to not take Wasim Khan’s offer and instead act like a king.

My prediction: international is close to Amir for a long time. And it’s all his fault.
    Nope, waseem khan was stupid to go to his house and act as a begger.

Amir clearly has disrespected him here now. Because wasim khan went begging to amirs door, amirs ego got inflated and wants other chairmans to do the same.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter or mean anything. Amir took retirement decision on his own. No one forced him to retire.

Just chill and play leagues.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not happening in Ramiz’s time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Muhammad Amir guy has become really annoying and embarrassing. Time to move on.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

I am glad that Misbah destroyed this guys career. He got exposed with his joke of a performance in t20 leagues.

Misbah destroyed not just Amir's career, he destroyed Pakistan cricket . Everyone has his own opinion but I fail to understand , why some people don;t know that one cannot be punished twice for the same crime. Why we can't stop talking about what Amir did when he was just 17 and he was punished for that very severely. No one has right to destroy someone's career , It was Pakistan team , not Misbah's personal mohalla team.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Misbah destroyed not just Amir's career, he destroyed Pakistan cricket . Everyone has his own opinion but I fail to understand , why some people don;t know that one cannot be punished twice for the same crime. Why we can't stop talking about what Amir did when he was just 17 and he was punished for that very severely. No one has right to destroy someone's career , It was Pakistan team , not Misbah's personal mohalla team.
    Amir was rightfully dropped from the team and he just made a big deal out of it. Was not taking wickets at all was breaking down after bowling 2 overs.
    The misunderstanding needs to end that amir was dropped because he took retirement. The point is he was dropped because of his atrocious performance and i think he even played some matches after retiring from tests.
    Him getting dropped had nothing to do with his spot fixing or retirement from tests.
    King amir was just too big of a person to go and work hard and come back again in the side. He had the taste of getting it all served on the platter so why would he even try to work for it.
    Amir was finished but the only thing that worked for him was that he had a bowling brain and knew how to use his limited skills to restrict the economy.
    Amir should never get a free pass ahead of performing domestic players. For once we need to stop feeding his ego.
    Go back to domestic Prove yourself and earn a place.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyder View Post
    Amir was rightfully dropped from the team and he just made a big deal out of it. Was not taking wickets at all was breaking down after bowling 2 overs.
    The misunderstanding needs to end that amir was dropped because he took retirement. The point is he was dropped because of his atrocious performance and i think he even played some matches after retiring from tests.
    Him getting dropped had nothing to do with his spot fixing or retirement from tests.
    King amir was just too big of a person to go and work hard and come back again in the side. He had the taste of getting it all served on the platter so why would he even try to work for it.
    Amir was finished but the only thing that worked for him was that he had a bowling brain and knew how to use his limited skills to restrict the economy.
    Amir should never get a free pass ahead of performing domestic players. For once we need to stop feeding his ego.
    Go back to domestic Prove yourself and earn a place.
    If Amir was dropped for lack of performance , what exactly Hasan Ali is doing in the team, he is the worst of all current fast bowler( I won;t call him "fast" ) to represent Pakistan in recent days. Amir with Shaheen could have won us the T20 WC.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No, keep him out for good. As if his 2010 saga wasn't enough, his antics since his comeback leave alone his performance (or lack of it) on the field should stick a red pin through his name forever.

Let him forever be known as the bowler who averaged more with the ball than his buddy Salman Butt did with the bat. An apt ending to his career.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aamir bhai, thank you for taking the retirement, and bhai, stay retired! Aapka ahsaan zindagi bhar hum pr :-)

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He still achieved far more for us then Misbah. Amir helped us win 2 icc tournament and misbah lost us 2.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This individual supports misbah over Pakistan. At least pick someone good.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, waseem khan was stupid to go to his house and act as a begger.

Amir clearly has disrespected him here now. Because wasim khan went begging to amirs door, amirs ego got inflated and wants other chairmans to do the same.
    That's what I said Major

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakEngFan View Post
    He still achieved far more for us then Misbah. Amir helped us win 2 icc tournament and misbah lost us 2.
    You do know that Misbah was part of the same world t20 team as amir right?

You don know that Misbah achieved the Test mace right?

The only thing Amir has achieved is bowling no balls for money and getting a jail sentence. He achieved the national nomination by everyone and was even jailed for it.

Infact he bought disgrace on the Pakistan cricket team that talks were being done to ban the team because of this greedy amir.

Thank god Misbah destroyed his career

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Amir was dropped for lack of performance , what exactly Hasan Ali is doing in the team, he is the worst of all current fast bowler( I won;t call him "fast" ) to represent Pakistan in recent days. Amir with Shaheen could have won us the T20 WC.
    Check hasans record this year. Yes he was out of form in world cup but as far as i rmr he had some great tests after coming back in the side

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is not being punished for the same crime twice. He is being punished for the many crimes he has committed after coming back - most of all, being a prima donna.

The doors stayed wide open for him, longer than for anyone else including those who didn't do any fixing.

The fact he is not playing any domestic cricket in Pakistan or anywhere else and shows up in big tournaments unprepared is one of his continuing crimes. His performance in The Hundred was embarrassing where he ran in like a sinking ship and bowled half way down the pitch or very wide outside stump in the fear of getting hit.

He is not the Amir of old and he isn't even trying to get there. His attitude is the sinking of him.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1. He was not 17. He was 18 officially, but Amir faked his age. He was well in his 20s, most probably 23...

2. When Amir decided to spot fix matches and do deals with Mazhar Majeed, no one forced him to. He decided to take money and bowl no balls based on his own decision. Thus, Amir destroyed his own career.

3. Yes you are right, you cant be punished twice, but in every industry there are laws that should not be violated. In USA having a jail sentence carries its baggage that you cant get good employment. Similarly in cricket, match fixing and spot fixing are those lines that one should never cross. If you do cross those lines, the baggage will stay with you forever.

4. Amir never apologized for what he did. He only apologized just to save his career.

5. Amir would had never been allowed to go back to the UK. However, if he was able to travel with the Pakistan team back to the UK, than the restrictions on him would be eased. Thus, Amir planned his career. He did not complain about anything once he was back in the Pakistani team. As soon as he made the england entery, that was it for him. He decided to withdraw himself whining about fitness issues.

6. You dont get to choose to play for Pakistan, Pakistan chooses who willl play for them. Nationnal duty is an honor.

7. AMir is still interested in money only. 4 overs makes you more rich than any domestic torunament or international assignment, thus, he still chooses money today. Only difference he finds the legal route. Nothing bad, but he is not interested in national duty
    Last edited by Major; 26th November 2021 at 19:17.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank You Misbah for destroying Mohammad Amir , one of the best thing he did for Pakistan. Once a fixer will always be a fixer

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank You Misbah for destroying Mohammad Amir , one of the best thing he did for Pakistan. Once a fixer will always be a fixer
    Have you forgotten that Misbah was unhappy when Amir and Wahab both retired from tests? Why was Misbah unhappy that a fixer didnít want to play test cricket?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Have you forgotten that Misbah was unhappy when Amir and Wahab both retired from tests? Why was Misbah unhappy that a fixer didn’t want to play test cricket?
    Misbah never wanted him in the team, however he was being forced to add corrupt player in the team.

Misbah issue was never anyone retiring, his issue was the complaining of fitness by some of the players.

Misbah set standards for fitness, amir issue was he knew he sucked and wanted to pick and choose his series. He wanted to play in countries and pitches that suited his bowling while not wanting to play in uae or pakistan. Plus, amir wanted that free time to make money off of leagues worldwide. Bowling 4 overs for millions was a great deal for him.

Misbah simply asked wahab to make himself available as he might be neeed in asutralia. It was never anything about unhappiness. Wahab confirmed this on A sports aswell.

Amirs true intent was to pick and choose and be avaiable for t20 leagues worldwide. Plus not habing to work on fitness.

If someone gives argument that amir didn't play for 5 years, thats amirs fault, not misbahs or pcb. If there are set fitness standard meet those standard or get lost. Amir not playing for 5 years were not because of pxb but it was because back than amir was trying to make illegal money by spot fixing noballs

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. He was not 17. He was 18 officially, but Amir faked his age. He was well in his 20s, most probably 23...

2. When Amir decided to spot fix matches and do deals with Mazhar Majeed, no one forced him to. He decided to take money and bowl no balls based on his own decision. Thus, Amir destroyed his own career.

3. Yes you are right, you cant be punished twice, but in every industry there are laws that should not be violated. In USA having a jail sentence carries its baggage that you cant get good employment. Similarly in cricket, match fixing and spot fixing are those lines that one should never cross. If you do cross those lines, the baggage will stay with you forever.

4. Amir never apologized for what he did. He only apologized just to save his career.

5. Amir would had never been allowed to go back to the UK. However, if he was able to travel with the Pakistan team back to the UK, than the restrictions on him would be eased. Thus, Amir planned his career. He did not complain about anything once he was back in the Pakistani team. As soon as he made the england entery, that was it for him. He decided to withdraw himself whining about fitness issues.

6. You dont get to choose to play for Pakistan, Pakistan chooses who willl play for them. Nationnal duty is an honor.

7. AMir is still interested in money only. 4 overs makes you more rich than any domestic torunament or international assignment, thus, he still chooses money today. Only difference he finds the legal route. Nothing bad, but he is not interested in national duty

Gosh, so many assumptions in your statement, but who else other than Amir won you two world championships and you're rewarding Misbah for destroying his career,. Misbah is no saint, he has also committed a long list of sins to Pakistan cricket. He won some test matches with the help of the biggest bowling cheater , the Chucker Ajmal ( and Hafeez ) , was that not cheating ?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah never wanted him in the team, however he was being forced to add corrupt player in the team.

Misbah issue was never anyone retiring, his issue was the complaining of fitness by some of the players.

Misbah set standards for fitness, amir issue was he knew he sucked and wanted to pick and choose his series. He wanted to play in countries and pitches that suited his bowling while not wanting to play in uae or pakistan. Plus, amir wanted that free time to make money off of leagues worldwide. Bowling 4 overs for millions was a great deal for him.

Misbah simply asked wahab to make himself available as he might be neeed in asutralia. It was never anything about unhappiness. Wahab confirmed this on A sports aswell.

Amirs true intent was to pick and choose and be avaiable for t20 leagues worldwide. Plus not habing to work on fitness.

If someone gives argument that amir didn't play for 5 years, thats amirs fault, not misbahs or pcb. If there are set fitness standard meet those standard or get lost. Amir not playing for 5 years were not because of pxb but it was because back than amir was trying to make illegal money by spot fixing noballs
    Standard of fitness, lets not talk about Azam Khan, right.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Standard of fitness, lets not talk about Azam Khan, right.
    Either you are purposly acting ignorant about pakistan cricket or really have no idea about our cricket.

Azam khan was a selection by waseem. Misbah never wanted him and you can watch asports what his views were on him

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Gosh, so many assumptions in your statement, but who else other than Amir won you two world championships and you're rewarding Misbah for destroying his career,. Misbah is no saint, he has also committed a long list of sins to Pakistan cricket. He won some test matches with the help of the biggest bowling cheater , the Chucker Ajmal ( and Hafeez ) , was that not cheating ?
    Amir: spot fixed, was found guilty by icc and courts of uk that he had a jail sentence....

Misbah: never involved in fixing....

Also, ajmal was cleared by icc in 2009. Misbah didnt semt rules for chucking, icc did.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He can forget about it given Ramiz's stance on tainted players. His playing days with Pakistan are over

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for offering your services but we are well off in the pace bowling department. Don't need a cheat in the side whose best days are clearly behind him. One bad fish spoils the whole pond.

Don't call us, we'll call you

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Misbah didnít want Amir to come back then why didnít he speak up like Hafeez and Azhar Ali? (If he did then please give me a quote of Misbah saying he didnít want Amir back in the team before Amir made his comeback in 2015).

LOL, Wahab Riaz did the same thing as Amir to pro-long his career but ďAmir was chasing moneyĒ but no one says Wahab was chasing money.

Wahab and Amir were both forced to take back their retirements from test cricket, if they didnít then they were told that they wouldnít be picked for the white ball formats. Thatís why Wahab took back his retirement, to save his LOI career, Amir stood his ground and said he wonít play tests at all. Thatís why Amir was dropped from all formats.

Misbah tried to be a dictator, but he failed. He begged for Amir and Wahab to come back. It wasnít about fitness, if it was about fitness then Sohail Khan wouldnít have been picked.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Mohammad Amir himself destroyed his career.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    If Misbah didn’t want Amir to come back then why didn’t he speak up like Hafeez and Azhar Ali? (If he did then please give me a quote of Misbah saying he didn’t want Amir back in the team before Amir made his comeback in 2015).

LOL, Wahab Riaz did the same thing as Amir to pro-long his career but “Amir was chasing money” but no one says Wahab was chasing money.

Wahab and Amir were both forced to take back their retirements from test cricket, if they didn’t then they were told that they wouldn’t be picked for the white ball formats. That’s why Wahab took back his retirement, to save his LOI career, Amir stood his ground and said he won’t play tests at all. That’s why Amir was dropped from all formats.

Misbah tried to be a dictator, but he failed. He begged for Amir and Wahab to come back. It wasn’t about fitness, if it was about fitness then Sohail Khan wouldn’t have been picked.
    Wahab is 33+ at thr time.

Plus, plz go on youtube and watch a sports videos. Wahab has said misbah requested him to stay on standby.

Also, misbah never said anything against amir due to being a pcb employee

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Parts Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL what an attention-seeker.

I don't think there has been a more entitled player to play for Pakistan in the last 20 years. Even Akmal and Shahzad never resorted to this level of attention-seeking.

My respect for Ramiz will increase ten-fold if he just ghosts Amir.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to stay relevant.

I loved this guy but he's washed up as a bowler and his antics as a person are worse.

Pakistan cricket is beyond him; it needs to do the right thing (IMO) and continue looking forwards not back.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I get the impression he wants to reverse his retirement but wants PCB to make the first move, which is unlikely to happen under Ramiz Raja as Chairman.

The worst thing that happened for Amir was Wasim Khan being replaced as Chairman.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I get the impression he wants to reverse his retirement but wants PCB to make the first move, which is unlikely to happen under Ramiz Raja as Chairman.

The worst thing that happened for Amir was Wasim Khan being replaced as Chairman.
    Not sure if WK would have gone out of his way to bring Amir back. Amir was finished as a bowler for a while. Ramiz's stance on tainted players is well known and he will not be inclined to bring Amir back.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Not sure if WK would have gone out of his way to bring Amir back. Amir was finished as a bowler for a while. Ramiz's stance on tainted players is well known and he will not be inclined to bring Amir back.
    There was the start of a relationship there and who knows which way that could have gone. But the signs were there that they were talking to each other with a view to some sort of progress.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad thing is Amir will eventually return as a pensioner.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can we give Amir benefit of doubt for one second that he was mistreated by Misbah / Waqar combo?

I am only saying this as I have noticed what a clown Waqar is when he talks on TV.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing is Amir was given a fresh start by the PCB. A lot of investment was done behind the scenes, therefore the fixing thing is largely irrelevant as he's played plenty of times since his reintegration.

Although RR can have his views, he needs to be mindful of this. If he has the performances to backup his mouth, then I see no reason not to select him.

However, looks a bit of a busted flush these days. Need to blood some youngsters and new players who can take us to the next level.
    Last edited by Kroll; 27th November 2021 at 05:17.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was the start of a relationship there and who knows which way that could have gone. But the signs were there that they were talking to each other with a view to some sort of progress.

He was asked a question, and he replied; journos in Pakistan should learn what to ask
    Since he is a retired player, why they keep asking him the same question

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty certain Amir doesn't want to play for Pakistan and this is a thinly-veiled excuse to not take his retirement back.

He is making plenty of money playing leagues whilst putting in minimal effort. It's not a bad life by any means.

Good luck to him. It seems like neither Amir nor the PCB need eachother anymore.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people even bother to ask him these questions? Even if he does come out of retirement, he is not on any of the squads. Pakistan have far better LOI bowlers to use over him, especially with a WC in Australia where he doesn't bowl well at anyways.

Pakistan is not due to play in SENA anytime soon so he wouldn't be useful as a Test bowler anyways.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    He was asked a question, and he replied; journos in Pakistan should learn what to ask
    He was asked a question and he could have also said my door is open for Pakistan and I am trying to put in performances to ensure i make a comeback. What he said was chairman should call me lol.. the entitlement in his statement is mind boggling considering his recent below par performances for various franchises.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do know that Misbah was part of the same world t20 team as amir right?

You don know that Misbah achieved the Test mace right?

The only thing Amir has achieved is bowling no balls for money and getting a jail sentence. He achieved the national nomination by everyone and was even jailed for it.

Infact he bought disgrace on the Pakistan cricket team that talks were being done to ban the team because of this greedy amir.

Thank god Misbah destroyed his career
    Had Amir not spot fixed Misbah would not have a career.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Had Amir not spot fixed Misbah would not have a career.
    Had Afridi not retired in the middle of the tour, the spot fixing scandal wouldnít have happened. We can go back this way till Pakistan played its 1st test match.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shujaatraza View Post
    Had Afridi not retired in the middle of the tour, the spot fixing scandal wouldnít have happened. We can go back this way till Pakistan played its 1st test match.
    Can you dispute what I said about Misbah?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan pacer Mohammad Amir’s admiration for Indian skipper Virat Kohli is there for everyone to see. Amir who is currently plying his trade for the Bangla Tigers in the Abu Dhabi T10 League, recently shared that though he never faced issues whilst bowling to Kohli, he believes that he is one of the best batters of this generation.

In an interview with Zee English, Amir was asked to name the best batter and put forward his opinion on the top three batters in the world. “I feel in my opinion, Virat Kohli is the best batsman of this era,” he told the media outlet, “I don’t find it tough bowling against him, I feel he’s the best batsman of this era,” he added.

Further in the interview, the 29-year-old named two Australian players who posed a challenge to him whilst bowling. Amir named former Australia captain Steve Smith as a difficult batter to bowl to from the current lot and the other being retired Aussie all-rounder and occasional captain, Shane Watson.

Recounting his international playing days, Amir said he found bowling to Watson quite challenging. “When I played in 2009 Watson was a very difficult player to bowl in white-ball cricket, but now I feel Smith because I don’t understand how he bats.”

“I bowl him outside off he’ll flick it to the leg-side, if I bowl him on the legs, he’ll make room and drive that bowl to covers,” he further added. “I struggle understanding how Smith bats, really,” he concluded.

Amir had to make the tough call of retirement from the game at the age of 28, for reasons known to all. He sent shockwaves across the cricket world when he announced his retirement from international cricket in December last year. The speedster has played 36 Tests, 61 ODIs, and 50 T20Is for Pakistan.

However, in a dramatic turn of events, Amir said he will return to international cricket if all his concerns are addressed. In June this year, he reportedly met with then Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Wasim Khan, two interacted before the second leg of the Pakistan Super League and Khan had assured him that his concerns would be addressed

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...r-4489634.html

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amir has wasted his career, I agree people didn't support him when needed.
    I was a big fan even when there was question whether he should be forgiven but now
    I don't feel he has the hunger to play to play for Pakistan, so sadly I hope he stays retired.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    I think Mohammad Amir himself destroyed his career.
    Of course he did no doubt about it. He will have to live with this "cheat" tag for the rest of his life. Now he gets all upset when a Harbhajan righfully calls him that. If Asif and Butt never played again after that Test then neither should Amir. We can not have different rules for different players. Thing is Amir is upset for not getting any support from Pak fans, he expected us to defend him but no one did. We could not support him when everything was crystal clear. Doing so would have belittled us all.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 27th November 2021 at 22:55.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
    Can you dispute what I said about Misbah?
    Can you dispute what I said about Salman Butt becoming the captain? In every walk of life everyone ends up anywhere because of a situation.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was asked a question and he could have also said my door is open for Pakistan and I am trying to put in performances to ensure i make a comeback. What he said was chairman should call me lol.. the entitlement in his statement is mind boggling considering his recent below par performances for various franchises.
    It is not entitlement..
    Retired players can only talk about their future with chairman/ with any direction from them; check the history..This is how Amir was reintroduced into the team; only when PCB chairman wanted
    It happens everywhere in the world. Most recent example was of ABD talks about taking back retirement

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think amir is well over 30..

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    I was referring to Amir's developing relationship with Wasim Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking ahead at all the icc tournaments coming up in this decade... senior players like Hafeez and Shioiab Malik will need a youngster or two to support them and Amir would be the ideal candidate...

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you dispute what I said about Salman Butt becoming the captain? In every walk of life everyone ends up anywhere because of a situation.
    Does not matter who was captain or player at the time fact is Misbah's career would have been over had spot fixing never happen. I am not sure what I am trying to dispute with your statement here.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not in top 5 pacers in Pakistan right now. Keep it to tamasha leagues buddy

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not in even the top 10 pacers right now.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MesonK View Post
    He is not in top 5 pacers in Pakistan right now. Keep it to tamasha leagues buddy
    Think he will run out of tamasha paydays as well if his efforts in The Hundred are anything to go by. He generally got a good whupping on every outing.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Aamir killed his career when he decided to become just a white ball bowler. He fell out of favor of a lot of people that mattered who had invested in him and also it started the downfall of his skills. You cannot achieve any growth as a fast bowler if you quit test cricket in your 20s. It may have worked if he retired from the longer version towards the latter half of his career.

Plus he has a lot of ego, which is never good. Now we have Shaheen, Hasan, Abbas performing well for Pakistan and then we have Rauf, waseem, Dahani, Wahab, etc so many others contending for fast bowling spots in the white ball teams, I think itís highly unlikely he will be a shooin even if he reversed his retirement. He has not been performing upto par for a long time.
    His fans will always blame Waqar or misbah or whatever but it wonít change the fact he is done, stick a fork in him!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heard Umar akmal is allowed to play for Baluchistan in the QeA just recently. May be that is a lead for Amir to come out of retirement, only performance in domestics will decide his return to green colours.

Amir thinks if he comes out of retirement, he will walk into the team in red carpet.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Things have not really turned out how I would have expected for Amir when he burst onto the scene 11-12 years ago.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His career is over. I think he will only get another round of top tier franchise leagues too before the franchise owners realise he is finished.

This time next year he will playing in bottom tier leagues like the T10 league, Nepal T20, leagues in America and perhaps if gets British citizenship the IPL.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite players from Pakistan cricket had become cringeworthy drama queens over the years. First, it was Younis Khan, then Umar Akmal, and now we have Amir. I just sincerely hope Rizwan and Babar have stable heads on their shoulders and continue to focus on their on-field performance alone.

I think Amir should just focus on improving his bowling form and come back through strong domestic performance.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time for Rambo to reach out to Amir?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Time for Rambo to reach out to Amir?
    As if he was going to do anything on this wicket.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1056 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ramiz should speak to him and bring him back into the fold, as long as Amir is willing to work for the benefit of the team. He's still a good new-ball bowler and would be a welcome addition to our teams.

He also has a lot of experience playing in the CPL which will help during the next T20 WC. Additionally, his new ball bowling will be a plus in test cricket and in the ODI world cup next year in India.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is lucky he is not playing Test Cricket in Pakistan. His average would have gone through 40 in these conditions.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Ramiz should speak to him and bring him back into the fold, as long as Amir is willing to work for the benefit of the team. He's still a good new-ball bowler and would be a welcome addition to our teams.

He also has a lot of experience playing in the CPL which will help during the next T20 WC. Additionally, his new ball bowling will be a plus in test cricket and in the ODI world cup next year in India.
    He is 34 and past it. He offers nothing, so No

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    960 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post

Have some shame. Donít have to act like a beggar and beg every disgruntled and toxic individual back in the team . It will do more harm than good. Nor is this the Amir of pre fixing saga . Heís been bang average in tests since his come back.

You say benefit of the team, but he couldnít care less about the team. Look at this snide remarks even when Pakistan did well in the t20 WC and won games. He always had a slight towards them.

Heís done a lot of good in tournament finals achievement wise. But his attitude continues to worsen. Last thing we need is another diva in the team.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should recall him, we need a good left arm spinner.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboomcheema View Post
    Amir is lucky he is not playing Test Cricket in Pakistan. His average would have gone through 40 in these conditions.
    Pakistan is also lucky not to have Amir.

One bad fish can spoil the whole pond.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    In a way it was a wise move by him to give up Test cricket initially.

He knew that if he had carried on playing Test cricket then his body would have been battered and he would have been finished well before now.

Debut
    Oct 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir: spot fixed, was found guilty by icc and courts of uk that he had a jail sentence....

Misbah: never involved in fixing....

Also, ajmal was cleared by icc in 2009. Misbah didnt semt rules for chucking, icc did.
    For someone who supports PDM, you have strangely took a very anti corruption stance here. Everyone makes mistakes, lets not keep talking about the spot fixing. Amir performance of late has not been good and this is what we should focus on.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

He knew that if he had carried on playing Test cricket then his body would have been battered and he would have been finished well before now.
    Lol, he is finished enough as it is. He hasn't really set the world on fire with his performances in the leagues and neither has he set any domestic cricket on fire. I think he made a loss by not playing for Pakistan, i doubt whether the Leagues are paying him as much as he would have made by representing Pakistan i.e. via sponsorship, advertising deals e.t.c.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket-lion View Post
    For someone who supports PDM, you have strangely took a very anti corruption stance here. Everyone makes mistakes, lets not keep talking about the spot fixing. Amir performance of late has not been good and this is what we should focus on.
    Amir is a corrupt player, and lied to the UK court about his age. This label of corrupt will stay with him for the rest of his life.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But was he retiring from Test cricket just because his body wasn't suited or he because he knew he couldnt take wickets in UAE/Pakistan.

He never really had issue in playing test games in stadiums where he was getting assistance. He wanted to pick and choose his series, it was not an issue of fitness, more of an issue regarding attitude. He had past crimes that he commit, what did he think he was a guy who could had done anything?

Amir might have forgotten the crimes he committed but the PCB and many fans alike did not. He couldn't just pick and choose,

Amir at the end proved that people dont change, you end up seeing their reality. Trust me, even Rameez Raja would had not stopped from selecting Amir if he was performing and quietly played for Pakistan, but once he acted this way and than the fact he is a proven corrupt player who got away due to fake age, PCB was never gonna treat him well if he was gonna show attitude.

After Amir left Pakistan cricket, he didnt say fitness was the issue, he made the claim that he wasnt getting the RESPECT! This was said by a guy who spot fixed in matches and was even put in a jail for three months.

Amir ended up destroying his career, for him his image and money mattered the most. He ended up doing those things that hurt his image further, he couldn't just play cricket

Debut
    Oct 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir is a corrupt player, and lied to the UK court about his age. This label of corrupt will stay with him for the rest of his life.
    Yes I agree about the corruption but it is ironic for this to be an issue for you. His corruption is very little as compared to the PDM government who you support. You should think about this fact before raising Amirs corruption.

Plus, he was at a very young age when the incident occurred and served his time. We can not hold it against him when he has already been punished.

You can talk about his lack of effort and performance, I agree with you. However, to keep on bringing him down for an offense for which he has served his punishment for is unfair.