India reach 14/1 and lead by 63 runs at Stumps on Day 3 of 1st Test against New Zealand


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 108
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    10,329
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    India reach 14/1 and lead by 63 runs at Stumps on Day 3 of 1st Test against New Zealand

    New Zealand begin Day 3 on 129/0, trailing by 216 runs, with Will Young (75*) and Tom Latham (50*) at the crease.

    ==========================

    All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

    1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

    2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

    3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

    4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

    5. Report abuse. If you see any post which is inappropriate, report it. Do not respond to it


    Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    175,800
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    1st Test • New Zealand tour of India, 2021

    NZ 151/0 (65.4)

    IND 345 (111.1)

    Day 3: 1st Session - New Zealand trail by 194 runs


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,926
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ashwin strikes.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Saha off the field?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,951
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If NZ scored with better run rate (like 250+ at this stage with the rate India scored in their innings) they would have been in better position to win at this stage. The match might head towards a draw if there is not much time left & pitch remains bit flat...

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    175,800
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    IND 345
    NZ 188/1 (81) CRR: 2.32
    Day 3: 1st Session - New Zealand trail by 157 runs


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umesh snares Williamson, it's lunch.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    1,465
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Why is Saha off the field?
    Neck strain

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,926
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, Test matches are boring in India. No wonder subcontinent fans watch LOI matches a lot more compared to tests.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,951
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Unfortunately, Test matches are boring in India. No wonder subcontinent fans watch LOI matches a lot more compared to tests.
    More so when foreign teams cry about turners! (Rohit Sharma & Ashwin showed how to bat on these pitches against England, and also Rahul against Australia when they last visited) Indians have applied themselves to play in SENA without any complaints regarding pitches, toss, etc. But not sure SENA nations do the same when they visit here!

    But NZ are the team who may raise least questions regarding pitches & conditions. So India could have gone with rank turners and we would have seen how NZ would fare because they appear to be more rounded team to handle such pitches... At least we would have seen some close matches instead of one-sided affairs! But I guess the winter is not allowing proper dry surfaces (that too in North India)

    The match will not be boring I guess if batting becomes tough in test matches, isn't it? That's exactly what happened in India's last Australia, South Africa and England tours. The only way you can bring that situation in India is by resorting to turners and foreign teams should learn to cope with it, just like how we combat the moving, seaming & bouncing balls...
    Last edited by RamLakhan; 27th November 2021 at 11:36.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,951
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    More so when foreign teams cry about turners! (Rohit Sharma & Ashwin showed how to bat on these pitches against England, and also Rahul against Australia when they last visited) Indians have applied themselves to play in SENA without any complaints regarding pitches, toss, etc. But not sure SENA nations do the same when they visit here!

    But NZ are the team who may raise least questions regarding pitches & conditions. So India could have gone with rank turners and we would have seen how NZ would fare because they appear to be more rounded team to handle such pitches... At least we would have seen some close matches instead of one-sided affairs! But I guess the winter is not allowing proper dry surfaces (that too in North India)

    The match will not be boring I guess if batting becomes tough in test matches, isn't it? That's exactly what happened in India's last Australia, South Africa and England tours. The only way you can bring that situation in India is by resorting to turners and foreign teams should learn to cope with it, just like how we combat the moving, seaming & bouncing balls...
    Of course you may still feel it boring if the opposition surrender meekly... The match gets interesting only when the visiting team starts to challenge the home team! That's what happened in recent overseas tours of India! If India played the same way like how Dhoni's team got whitewashed 4-0 in England & Australia, then even SENA matches can get boring!

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    1,051
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor captaincy.
    Left only one review.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    3,420
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha Gavaskar Is trolling NZ commie.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
    Neck strain
    Thanks

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete turnaround! From 1/197 to 5/228. 3 wickets for Axar.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good comeback by India , 50 run lead would be ideal . Feeling sorry for Latham as he missed his century by whisker

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    175,800
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marathonrunner View Post
    Good comeback by India , 50 run lead would be ideal . Feeling sorry for Latham as he missed his century by whisker
    IND 345
    NZ 228/5 (104) CRR: 2.19
    Day 3: 2nd Session - New Zealand trail by 117 runs


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    43,756
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thought this might happen. Itís always a risk when the touring side is chasing the game in India and has apparently got off to a good start. The resilience, stamina and skill of the Indian spinners is extremely difficult to blunt indefinitely.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,926
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor from Williamson and Taylor. As senior players, they have been a disappointment today.

    Put Smith or Root in it and they would have tried to make the start count and post 500 runs on board which would have resulted in a drawn test match at worse situation.

    They should atleast show up on a Day 5 wicket although it won't be any easier.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadeja strikes

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    3,420
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane captioncy is very very bad in this match

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes true seems to be intimidated by Ishant . Poor review . It was clearly missing stumps

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,951
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As I said NZ's RR cost them the match! Now they have to work hard even to draw this match!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,926
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    As I said NZ's RR cost them the match! Now they have to work hard even to draw this match!
    Don't think they are confident enough vs spin.

    They have a chance to save the test because if India loses a few early wickets, the Pujara's and Rahane's will start playing negatively and to save match. Don't expect them to score 250 runs in 70 overs and declare.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    3,420
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Don't think they are confident enough vs spin.

    They have a chance to save the test because if India loses a few early wickets, the Pujara's and Rahane's will start playing negatively and to save match. Don't expect them to score 250 runs in 70 overs and declare.
    Still lots of time left in this test match so results is likely the outcome .

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,060
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Axar has really arrived in test cricket. Has comfortably outbowled oldies- Ash and Jadeja.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Was always going to be tough after losing the toss, played too slow in the middle to somewhat nullify the toss.

    But India should win from here, chasing 150 on day 5 is going to be impossible.

    Best hope is to draw this, keep batting time and have India bat the rest of the day tomorrow and look to survive day 5.
    Last edited by Aman; 27th November 2021 at 14:00.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Poor from Williamson and Taylor. As senior players, they have been a disappointment today.

    Put Smith or Root in it and they would have tried to make the start count and post 500 runs on board which would have resulted in a drawn test match at worse situation.

    They should atleast show up on a Day 5 wicket although it won't be any easier.
    The pitch has become herder to score on.

    Everyone is struggling, day 1 and 2 it was pretty flat.

    We're better off having a shoot off on a rank turner.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    43,756
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Was always going to be tough after losing the toss, played too slow in the middle to somewhat nullify the toss.

    But India should win from here, chasing 150 on day 5 is going to be impossible.

    Best hope is to draw this, keep batting time and have India bat the rest of the day tomorrow and look to survive day 5.
    I think an attritional draw is possible, that would be a good result from here for NZ.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think an attritional draw is possible, that would be a good result from here for NZ.
    These kind of pitches are terrible and some Indian posters like to complain about our faux green pitches but you're on the back foot after losing a toss on a wicket like this.

    Rank turner at least its consistent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,264
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whatís worse Bangladesh t20i dustbowl pitches or Indian test match pitches?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    These kind of pitches are terrible and some Indian posters like to complain about our faux green pitches but you're on the back foot after losing a toss on a wicket like this.

    Rank turner at least its consistent.
    Tbf India would still be favorites after losing the toss as they have better spinners than us abeit our batsmen would have played their entire first innings on a flat wicket rather than what we've done this innings with our openers scoring without much problems on day 2 and then struggling the next day as the wicket deteriorated.

    Regardless anyone who wins a toss on a pitch like this has a significant advantage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    What’s worse Bangladesh t20i dustbowl pitches or Indian test match pitches?
    Bangladesh's are way worse, I wish India would prepare dust bowls for Tests at least conditions remain consistent throughout and everyone is struggling from ball 1.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,973
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the moaning begins.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Bat time and try take this deep as possible.

    Draw would be an excellent result.
    Last edited by Aman; 27th November 2021 at 14:15.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,973
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Axar has really arrived in test cricket. Has comfortably outbowled oldies- Ash and Jadeja.

    Ashwin bowled brilliantly but has been extremely unlucky.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    And the moaning begins.
    Moaning, it's a fact lol.

    India's bowlers were toothless on day 2 and now not a single batsmen can score runs now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    198 overs remaining in the test.

    India could take up to 60 of those so we need to bat 138 overs with 12 wickets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,060
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    These kind of pitches are terrible and some Indian posters like to complain about our faux green pitches but you're on the back foot after losing a toss on a wicket like this.

    Rank turner at least its consistent.
    Lol. We are missing 5 of our first XI and you come up with this ** excuse. If it weren't for the toss your hapless lot would not have even got out of the group stage in the WT20 but you were vehemently denying the impact of toss back then


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,951
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    These kind of pitches are terrible and some Indian posters like to complain about our faux green pitches but you're on the back foot after losing a toss on a wicket like this.

    Rank turner at least its consistent.
    We all know which team got benefited with the tosses during all recent India-NZ encounters (including WTC & World Cup ODI knockouts)

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,973
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Moaning, it's a fact lol.

    India's bowlers were toothless on day 2 and now not a single batsmen can score runs now.
    Or maybe... just maybe... they figured out how to bowl on this wicket and that the NZ middle order cannot play quality spin to save their lives?

    It's not a "fact" unless Ajaz and Sommervile do the same to Indian batters.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    3,697
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Moaning, it's a fact lol.

    India's bowlers were toothless on day 2 and now not a single batsmen can score runs now.
    Pitch is not bad at all. Some poor batting by Kiwis here tbh. This amount of turn is expected in Indian pitches just like we expect bit of grass in NZ.

    Pitches we dished out against England were very poor and that is what you call square rank turners. I was very critical back then but dont see any issue here.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Lol. We are missing 5 of our first XI and you come up with this ** excuse. If it weren't for the toss your hapless lot would not have even got out of the group stage in the WT20 but you were vehemently denying the impact of toss back then
    lmao, everyone and their mother knew we were on the back foot. Even after that solid start you knew this could happen as the pitch deteriorated. But nah, you go on and cry about the tosses for T20 matches and ignore actual conditions where it's more obvious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good comeback by India
    Some poor batting display by Kiwis here...still very good pitch to bat on...

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Pitch is not bad at all. Some poor batting by Kiwis here tbh. This amount of turn is expected in Indian pitches just like we expect bit of grass in NZ.

    Pitches we dished out against England were very poor and that is what you call square rank turners. I was very critical back then but dont see any issue here.
    I would have preferred rank turners tbh, a lot more fun. These kind of pitches give too much advantage at the toss. Win the toss and you get a full innings on a good batting track.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sook has arrived and so has his sooking about pitches. There is a reason why successive Kiwi teams have come here and failed to win a single test for last 33 years!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    3,697
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am tempted to open a thread about whether 'Jamieson can be next Flintoff' as I see striking similarity between both the players.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    lmao, everyone and their mother knew we were on the back foot. Even after that solid start you knew this could happen as the pitch deteriorated. But nah, you go on and cry about the tosses for T20 matches and ignore actual conditions where it's more obvious.
    Absolutely loving this crying and whining..it's just day 3 kid...Save some tears for day 4/5

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,060
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    lmao, everyone and their mother knew we were on the back foot. Even after that solid start you knew this could happen as the pitch deteriorated. But nah, you go on and cry about the tosses for T20 matches and ignore actual conditions where it's more obvious.
    Just because NZ - the supposed best team in the world- cannot beat a 3rd string Indian side doesnt mean conditions and toss are at fault

    And yes, toss was a massive factor at the World T20 as evidenced by the subsequent thrashing handed out to you lot right after that in fairly even conditions


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    The sook has arrived and so has his sooking about pitches. There is a reason why successive Kiwi teams have come here and failed to win a single test for last 33 years!
    I'm surprised at how well the team has done given their prep. idk if they even get a warm up match in these conditions. Either way, these kind of pitches suck. I've always been consistent about my disdain for pitches which give too much of an advantage at the toss. Kills the contest.
    Last edited by Aman; 27th November 2021 at 14:30.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walawalkar View Post
    Absolutely loving this crying and whining..it's just day 3 kid...Save some tears for day 4/5
    Going to lmao if you fail to win this match. Don't wory, I still have all the Indian tears from the WTC and WT20. Bounced in the groups after phaintys for us and Pakistan.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  52. #52
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,060
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    I'm surprised at how well the team has done given their prep. idk if they even get a warm up match in these conditions. Either way, these kind of pitches suck. I've always been consistent about my disdain for pitches which give too much of an advantage at the toss.
    Surprising how you have shown little disdain for your own pitches which have consistently aided sides bowling first.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Just because NZ - the supposed best team in the world- cannot beat a 3rd string Indian side doesnt mean conditions and toss are at fault

    And yes, toss was a massive factor at the World T20 as evidenced by the subsequent thrashing handed out to you lot right after that in fairly even conditions
    NZ is best in English conditions, nowhere else.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Surprising how you have shown little disdain for your own pitches which have consistently aided sides bowling first.
    Again showing how little you know about our pitches.

    Our pitches are basically roads from the second session. We have those green tops to get some wickets with the new ball for both teams otherwise we'd have boring 600 vs 600 games.
    Last edited by Aman; 27th November 2021 at 14:32.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    NZ is best in English conditions, nowhere else.
    Anywhere is good against India when it matters most :chokli


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol
    Look at the people who are talking right now
    Bro's whenever it mattered nz beat india
    India can only beat newzealand intheir slow pitches in india.
    Nz beat them in uae and also in uk dont forget that
    Please raise your standards a little bit
    If You guys are happy because of this
    Than may God bless you for future.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,951
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian current home test wins is all about losing toss & batting 2nd, out-batting in the 1st innings and killing the opposition in the 3rd innings. Because we have our famous master "******" Kohli who is so good at it! Its not like some X teams who take advantage by winning tosses in their own territory (at times even can't able to take advantage like how Australia failed that too against our -Z side!)

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,060
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Again showing how little you know about our pitches.

    Our pitches are basically roads from the seconds session. We have those green tops to get some wickets with the new ball for both teams otherwise we'd have boring 600 vs 600 games.
    Looks like you are the ignorant one here. They are proper seamers for atleast 2 sessions and bowling sides can skittle out oppositions very easily. Trundlers like Boult and Southee made a career out of it. Teams losing the toss are at a massive disadvantage because of that.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And atleast nz is showing some resistance against this spin attack
    India was not able to survive even 50 overs in newzealand tour last year

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Indian current home test wins is all about losing toss & batting 2nd, out-batting in the 1st innings and killing the opposition in the 3rd innings. Because we have our famous master "******" Kohli who is so good at it! Its not like some X teams who take advantage by winning tosses in their own territory (at times even can't able to take advantage like how Australia failed that too against our -Z side!)
    Aus is another country where it's tough, lose the toss there and teams bat first score big and you have socreboard pressure.

    Less about the conditions itself but the team that bats first can pile on the runs and you're under the pump in the second innings facing a daunting total. Those pitches are bad for a different reason, really flat. You can bring up our record, but we've just sucked there and we haven't been able to make use of the good conditions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    15,677
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    These kind of pitches are terrible and some Indian posters like to complain about our faux green pitches but you're on the back foot after losing a toss on a wicket like this.

    Rank turner at least its consistent.
    This is literally the easiest wicket in terms of difficulty level a touring team can ask for India. It's pretty much the same as the wicket England got in their first test in Chennai where they racked up 500, only tough luck for NZ was that they lost the toss. I was actually expecting a rank turner tbh for all the green mambas we got in NZ, and was surprised when BCCI dished out a slow and low Dubai like flatty.

    If India had prepared rank turners, everyone and his dog would have been like 'India needs to prepare terrible pitches to beat the no.1 team at home'. The green wickets of NZ are actually the worst wickets in the world. You lose the toss, you have to bat on a green mamba and you'll collapse on day 1. You start bowling hoping the wicket would be similarly helpful but it becomes a road from day 2 onwards. At least in India, these wickets remain good for batting for two and half days.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    3,697
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raashidkhan89079 View Post
    Lol
    Look at the people who are talking right now
    Bro's whenever it mattered nz beat india
    India can only beat newzealand intheir slow pitches in india.
    Nz beat them in uae and also in uk dont forget that
    Please raise your standards a little bit
    If You guys are happy because of this
    Than may God bless you for future.
    But India is a better test team than NZ. They won 2 back to back series in aust, then in Eng, beaten everyone in home etc. Would you not agree?

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Going to lmao if you fail to win this match. Don't wory, I still have all the Indian tears from the WTC and WT20. Bounced in the groups after phaintys for us and Pakistan.
    Oh dear..U still celebratiing WTC win...good coping mechanism for you though..after every thrashing hide behind WTC win..and better don't talk about past tears... Your World cup final defeat tears are Ocean infornt of them...

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    3,697
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now tell me @Aman what was that shot from Jamieson? Will you blame the pitch for his dismissal or just poor batting?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Looks like you are the ignorant one here. They are proper seamers for atleast 2 sessions and bowling sides can skittle out oppositions very easily. Trundlers like Boult and Southee made a career out of it. Teams losing the toss are at a massive disadvantage because of that.
    Funnily enough, more often than not we end up batting first on those tracks. These tracks have a lot of grass cover but the movement is hardly substanital, the conditions in England are far more difficult to handle. After the first 12ish overs it's pretty good to bat on. Survive the first session and the pitches are pretty good to bat on. Second, third and fourth innings are consistent in that they're just roads where you can score runs for fun.

    If we didn't have this grass cover, we would have roads where no results will be possible and then we'd have people like you complaining about having roads and not preparing sporting tracks. Simon Doull literally says this every summer.
    Last edited by Aman; 27th November 2021 at 14:42.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    This is literally the easiest wicket in terms of difficulty level a touring team can ask for India. It's pretty much the same as the wicket England got in their first test in Chennai where they racked up 500, only tough luck for NZ was that they lost the toss. I was actually expecting a rank turner tbh for all the green mambas we got in NZ, and was surprised when BCCI dished out a slow and low Dubai like flatty.

    If India had prepared rank turners, everyone and his dog would have been like 'India needs to prepare terrible pitches to beat the no.1 team at home'. The green wickets of NZ are actually the worst wickets in the world. You lose the toss, you have to bat on a green mamba and you'll collapse on day 1. You start bowling hoping the wicket would be similarly helpful but it becomes a road from day 2 onwards. At least in India, these wickets remain good for batting for two and half days.
    Green mamba?????????

    We haven't producing green mambas in over a decade and that was when Sachin, Ganguly and co toured.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,926
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    The pitch has become herder to score on.

    Everyone is struggling, day 1 and 2 it was pretty flat.

    We're better off having a shoot off on a rank turner.
    It is an usual slow batting wicket which you find in UAE more prominently. Good for batting in first two days although a bit slower so you have to bat cautiously. It will assist spinners with the game progresses but far from a rank turner.

    Perfect subcontinent standard wickets which most SENA team asks for.

    Root and Smith at their best would have cashed on fully and their team would be sitting currently at 400/6.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    Now tell me @Aman what was that shot from Jamieson? Will you blame the pitch for his dismissal or just poor batting?
    Now Aman will bring WTC Final win to mock you

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,973
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Rahane just got incredibly lucky with a young hungry unit in Australia. His captaincy has been dog crap this game..

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    It is an usual slow batting wicket which you find in UAE more prominently. Good for batting in first two days although a bit slower so you have to bat cautiously. It will assist spinners with the game progresses but far from a rank turner.

    Perfect subcontinent standard wickets which most SENA team asks for.

    Root and Smith at their best would have cashed on fully and their team would be sitting currently at 400/6.
    Doubt it, Young and Latham were able to cash in but then the the pitch started to bite and the batsmen lost confidence in their shot selection.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    9 overs to survive or a couple overs at the Indian batsmen..

    Think I'll take 9 overs of batting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    43,756
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India in the box seat here but itís not quite over yet. The NZ bowlers could cause significant problems for India this evening and tomorrow morning.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,302
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Doubt it, Young and Latham were able to cash in but then the the pitch started to bite and the batsmen lost confidence in their shot selection.
    Lol at excuses for your batsmen's ineptitude. They perished at the first sight of turn, bunch of FTBs I'd say.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    15,677
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Green mamba?????????

    We haven't producing green mambas in over a decade and that was when Sachin, Ganguly and co toured.
    Okay, green wickets?

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Okay, green wickets?
    Not even that lol.

    Kane wouldn't have such a high average at home on green wickets.


    Faux green wickets where there is something for the bowlers between 12 overs to a session or two, after that it's a high way and if you have wickets you will score big.
    Last edited by Aman; 27th November 2021 at 14:52.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,973
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    9 overs to survive or a couple overs at the Indian batsmen..

    Think I'll take 9 overs of batting.

    A big fat chance of an Indian collapse tomorrow morning and that could be game on again. NZ just needs to bat and get as close as they can.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The pitch still looks decent to bat on against the pace bowlers.

    It's just the spinners which have caused problems with the odd bowl spitting and creating doubts in the minds of batsmen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    327
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are handy runs for New Zealand...

  79. #79
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    240
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol imagine
    If these two took down this lead
    People will literally shoot rahana 😂
    How dare he called for umesh
    When spin is doing the trick

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    2021
    Runs
    45,206
    Mentioned
    2454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    A big fat chance of an Indian collapse tomorrow morning and that could be game on again. NZ just needs to bat and get as close as they can.
    Nah, India just need to bat the whole of tomorrow and declare with whatever they have. India play spin better than us and will be able to play these conditions.

    Think we'll be batting on day 5 to save the test.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •