Bangladesh in trouble on 76/7 at Stumps on Day 4 after Pakistan declare on 300/4 - Page 3

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabeelbasharat View Post
    They want to avoid the follow on.
    Yes just realised that now..but i thought if a match was affected by rain or something the follow on target changes unless i have got my bearings wrong.

But i agree if they avoid the follow on then the game will defo be a draw

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    Yes just realised that now..but i thought if a match was affected by rain or something the follow on target changes unless i have got my bearings wrong.

I was of same opinion especially with whole day washed out

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post

I think the follow on target changes to 150 only when the first day of the game gets washed out, I maybe wrong though.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't like this from Babar, giving free singles to Shakib. We should be looking to take his wicket as quickly as possible.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Damn, I was thinking what a borefest of a match for the last 3 days and suddenly the game's on fyaaah!

Sajid so close to doing an Ajaz, if it was not for the runout. Who was the idiot who made the runout, should be dropped for the act.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Damn, I was thinking what a borefest of a match for the last 3 days and suddenly the game's on fyaaah!

Sajid so close to doing an Ajaz, if it was not for the runout. Who was the idiot who made the runout, should be dropped for the act.
    Hasan Ali be like : aisi situation mai pata nahi kyu automatic hamesha aage aajata ho
    Last edited by raashidkhan89079; 7th December 2021 at 14:58.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways tomorrow 98 overs have to bowled
    And with sun on tomorrow forecast means light will be clear and they can bowl all the overs
    I would say result is possible for pakistan even if bangladesh overtake the follow on score

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OMG Babar is bowling

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabeelbasharat View Post
    I think the follow on target changes to 150 only when the first day of the game gets washed out, I maybe wrong though.
    Thats correct. Happened in a pakistan vs england test at lords in early 2000s.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar bowling and turning the balll! didn't know he was an all-rounder!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    pakistan need these last 3 wickets quickly. If we have to bat again so be it. we could give bangladesh a 250 chase and try and get the 2nd inns 10 wickets we need.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bad light how...thats awful you have lights on ..you have spinners on i think this is silly

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is tomorrow cloudy/rain?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Is tomorrow cloudy/rain?
    Sunny

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    what the hell has play been called off for?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no rain but bad light is an issue..and if they save follow on i dont see Pak giving them 200 to chase.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raashidkhan89079 View Post
    Sunny
    Its shows partly cloudy as well. Don't think there will be more than 70 overs to play. If Shaheen and Hasan can ball and Sajid performs we may win this test.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Is the light that bad that even spinners can't bowl?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Aijaz is far better bowler than Sajid. Sajid will be murdered by Indian batsmen.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great job by Sajid Khan

But poor effort by the batsmen. 300 runs in 99 overs is not okay, should have been 40 to 45 runs more.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Is the light that bad that even spinners can't bowl?
    awful decision, poor stuff from umpires when game has already lost so many overs already.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Great job by Sajid Khan

But poor effort by the batsmen. 300 runs in 99 overs is not okay, should have been 40 to 45 runs more.
    Correct. They could have easily scored 30-40 more in 7-8 overs less

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bangla really does not deserve to get away with a draw here.

Hope we get a full day's play tomorrow.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeVerMind View Post
    Babar bowling and turning the balll! didn't know he was an all-rounder!
    Shakib was asking square leg umpire if Babar is chucking.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan have to bat a bit in the morning,

I would send Hassan Ali, SSA to open and just go crazy from ball 1

Maximum 5 overs to bat and score 50

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    awful decision, poor stuff from umpires when game has already lost so many overs already.
    Looks like the umps badly want a point for Bangladesh here

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    If Pakistan have to bat a bit in the morning,

I would send Hassan Ali, SSA to open and just go crazy from ball 1

Maximum 5 overs to bat and score 50
    How is the weather forecast tomorrow?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    How is the weather forecast tomorrow?
    Apparently it’s ok but I’m sure we will only get 60-70 overs in at max

The umpires don’t seem to keen to let play go on

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be nice to get some usage of Hassan, Shaheen and Faheem tomorrow morning with the bat if BD avoid follow on

Debut
    Feb 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many overs were bowled today? Including both teams.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagestani_Eagle View Post
    I was of same opinion especially with whole day washed out
    Only if the entire first day of a test match is washed out, the follow on target is 150..

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh limped to 76/7 at stumps on the penultimate day of the second Test in Mirpur after Pakistan decided to declare at 300/4 in their first innings.

After rain played spoilsport on two consecutive days, the start of day four also got delayed due to light showers and a wet outfield. However, the match resumed after almost an hour and a half's wait with Pakistan on 188/2; Babar Azam and Azhar Ali were on 71* and 52* respectively.

On the first ball he faced, Azhar struck a four, pulling it to the right of the square leg region. But two balls later, he threw away his wicket, getting caught behind after Ebadot Hossain induced a thick edge. Pakistan lost a set batter in the first over of the day as Azhar fell for 56.

Shortly after, Azam followed suit, falling for 76. He also struck one four before falling prey to Khaled Ahmed's accurate delivery. A memorable scalp for the bowler, his maiden one in Test cricket. He kept the ball low, but the variable bounce did the trick as the reviews showed that it was hitting in front of the middle and leg stump.

Later, the two new batters – Fawad Alam and Mohammad Rizwan – combined for a steady stand and made sure there were not any more hiccups in the session. They batted with caution and kept the scoreboard ticking with regular boundaries. They took their side to Lunch at 242/4, with their stand worth 45 runs at the time.

The two batters kept finding the ropes after the break and soon got to their respective fifties before Azam decided to declare the innings at 300/4 in an attempt to force a result in the four sessions remaining.

One over into Bangladesh's innings, Pakistan had to bring on their spinners due to the dwindling light in Mirpur. The forced move proved to work out well as Sajid Khan dismissed debutant Mahmudul Hasan Joy for a duck, who edged it to the safe hands of Azam at first slip.

Sajid picked up his second wicket as Bangladesh lost their other opener, Shadman Islam, to a soft dismissal. Done by extra bounce, Islam could only lob the awkward cut shot to Hasan Ali at point.

It went from bad to worse for the hosts when they lost their skipper Mominul Haque to a run-out. Trying to steal a quick single, Haque was short of his crease after Hasan Ali hit the stumps directly at the non-striker's end as Bangladesh went into Tea at 22/3.

Sajid struck for the third time early in the third session. Mushfiqur Rahim went for a wild slog but failed to connect as the ball travelled only to short mid-wicket. In their bid to be aggressive, Bangladesh lost another, this time with Liton Das charging down the track and straight into the hands of Sajid Khan who completed a good reflex return catch.

Despite having lost half their side, Shakib Al Hasan and Najmul Hossain Shanto continued to show intent and lived dangerously. The pair smashed three boundaries in a space of seven deliveries before Sajid trapped Shanto to register his maiden Test five-for.

Mehidy Hasan Miraz was the seventh batter to make the long walk back, with Sajid cleaning him up for an eight-ball duck.

With the light fading, the umpires decided to call stumps early with Bangladesh at 76/7, still 25 runs away from avoiding follow-on.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Test is the prime example why Bangladesh shouldn't have Test status.

You are 76/7 at home. Really?

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    This Test is the prime example why Bangladesh shouldn't have Test status.

You are 76/7 at home. Really?
    It is sad to see. Bangladesh are absolutely shocking and I'm wondering if they will benefit from being taken out of test status for a few years and rebuild against associates. Not to be taken the wrong way - but the Bangladesh team look quite unathletic/small and this is a factor in them not being able to compete.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    It is sad to see. Bangladesh are absolutely shocking and I'm wondering if they will benefit from being taken out of test status for a few years and rebuild against associates. Not to be taken the wrong way - but the Bangladesh team look quite unathletic/small and this is a factor in them not being able to compete.
    They should lose the Test status. They are making a mockery of Test (elite format of the game).

Shakib has decided to not play the New Zealand Tests in January. These players don't seem interested in Test cricket.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raashidkhan89079 View Post
    I dont know what these 2 3 posters are upto
    This is not gully mohalla cricket where you will come and hit.
    Pitch is under covers from last3 days
    It is tough to bat
    And runs are not even very much scored that they will declare and tell bangladesh come and have some fun on pitch.
    You act like immatures, calm down
    Pakistan plan must be to bat till tea and add whatever runs they can and give 10 12 overs to bangladesh as light wont permit to have all the overs.
    thank u sooo much for restoring my faith in "Common Seense" ... the way some hitlers and Ghanghaiz Khanz ere posting abt going bonkers and hitting out, i was seriously starting to think this was more of a war zone than sensible cricket discussion page

Pak played it well, could have mayb pushed Fawad & Rizwan by 3-4 overs but thts tht....

we see how things rocked for the mighty aggressive BDz .... could have been 8 down .. easy ...

loved today's cricket .... a win tomorrow could put an ease on my troubling throat

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should lose the Test status. They are making a mockery of Test (elite format of the game).

Shakib has decided to not play the New Zealand Tests in January. These players don't seem interested in Test cricket.
    Shakib's attitude is appaling. He prioritised IPL over Bangladesh and then complained to the board when they said he was not available due to IPL. He told them to say he was using IPL to prep for the World T20!!

So what's his excuse for missing the NZ tour?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    Shakib's attitude is appaling. He prioritised IPL over Bangladesh and then complained to the board when they said he was not available due to IPL. He told them to say he was using IPL to prep for the World T20!!

So what's his excuse for missing the NZ tour?
    A few successful years have gotten to his head and made him arrogant perhaps.

I personally think Shakib and other veterans should be dropped permanently. BD are losing badly anyway (Shakib or no Shakib). No harm in trying out new players and grooming them.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 7th December 2021 at 17:52.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    thank u sooo much for restoring my faith in "Common Seense" ... the way some hitlers and Ghanghaiz Khanz ere posting abt going bonkers and hitting out, i was seriously starting to think this was more of a war zone than sensible cricket discussion page

Pak played it well, could have mayb pushed Fawad & Rizwan by 3-4 overs but thts tht....

we see how things rocked for the mighty aggressive BDz .... could have been 8 down .. easy ...

loved today's cricket .... a win tomorrow could put an ease on my troubling throat
    Well said. I can't understand the mentality of some posters. Pak fans are extreme - no middle ground. Either over exhuberant. Or Over negative. This is test cricket but we supposed to hit out apparently. They were complaining about a young kid on his debut batting too slow in the last test.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 38 strike rate innings of Azhar Ali can be a factor in this match

Pakistan could have declared early

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Apparently it’s ok but I’m sure we will only get 60-70 overs in at max

The umpires don’t seem to keen to let play go on
    its clearly obvs bangladesh dont want to play rest of game with how pathetic they have been so far.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what some posters talk about here and asking for Bangladesh status..they have beaten class teams at home due to home advantage. Like srilanka they have quality as well and i am sure with time will rise again.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    That 38 strike rate innings of Azhar Ali can be a factor in this match

Pakistan could have declared early
    Exactly, that will save BD from defeat and deprive a win for Pakistan...

He should be dropped for good.. He brings nothing as a senior player to the table.. At SENA countries he struggles to score even double digits, even against 9th ranked test team he struggles to score runs...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They could beat Australia and Newzealand at home with their spinners. Pakistan a subcontinent country expected to bat better against spinners and giving tough time for Bangladesh at home thats all...

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    They could beat Australia and Newzealand at home with their spinners. Pakistan a subcontinent country expected to bat better against spinners and giving tough time for Bangladesh at home thats all...

No way would Bangladesh beat any of the top nations in Mirpur in tests unless the opposition play severely weakened teams. Beating a second string Aussie side in a T20 series is one thing. That same weakened Aussie side would have won a test series comfortably. Sadly, Bangladesh are associate level.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rizwan and Fawad batted too slowly for the situation. We should have bowled atleast 50 overs to Bang today giving us enough time to push for the win.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Rizwan and Fawad batted too slowly for the situation. We should have bowled atleast 50 overs to Bang today giving us enough time to push for the win.
    Pakistan should win if they can make Bangladesh follow on.

If Bangladesh avoid follow-on, they may escape with a draw.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a rare feat, situation like this?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should win if they can make Bangladesh follow on.

If Bangladesh avoid follow-on, they may escape with a draw.
    I would like Pakistan to aim to score 100 in 6-8 overs and then put Bang into bat again.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan winning from this position will be epic phainta to Bangladesh 🇧🇩

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would like Pakistan to aim to score 100 in 6-8 overs and then put Bang into bat again.
    LOL it is not easy on this pitch

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the weather cooperates they may actually pull this heist off. Need to be aggressive from ball 1 and so should be fun viewing.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shanto: We simply had a bad day

Shanto said the team had no plans to bat aggressive but batters took the approach themselves to counter Pakistan bowlers

Hosts Bangladesh's batting approach is under scrutiny for the state of misery it is in following a horrific debacle in the ongoing second Test against Pakistan as they need another 25 runs to avoid the follow-on.

The rain-curtailed game at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium got to see some action on day four Tuesday, and was in total control of Pakistan at stumps.

The game resumed with Pakistan batting in their first innings which got declared on 300 for four.

All hell broke loose on Bangladesh when they went out to bat and before the close of play – which was an hour early from the scheduled time due to bad light – Pakistan right-arm spinner Sajid Khan ran havoc while Nauman Ali created pressure from the other end amid overcast condition to condemn the home team to 76 for seven, and on the verge of perhaps a possible defeat.

Only two batters –Shakib al Hasan and Nazmul Hossain Shanto - have been able to score in double figure.

Shakib batting at No 7 is unbeaten on 23 while Shanto scored 30.

Off the seven wickets, Sajid picked up six to register his maiden five-for, best bowling figure in the format and also record the 11th five-wicket haul for Pakistan in 2021, the most they've had in a calendar year.

Bangladesh batters showed they had no real plan and even in critical situation their focus was to score in a hurry, get to that 101-run mark and avoid the follow-on.

They simply gave away the opportunity of driving the game towards a draw with only a day left.

Bangladesh top-order batsman Shanto while speaking to the media at the end of the day informed that the team had no plans to bat aggressive but the batters took the approach themselves to counter the Pakistan bowlers.

“We tried to be aggressive given that the wicket is not favorable to the batters. It was important to score runs as I think being defensive on this wicket creates possibility of getting out. For this I think the betters tried to play shots they are strong in. Unfortunately, we failed in execution. There was no particular team plan with the batting, everyone tried to bat their natural way,” Shanto explained.

“Speaking of the execution – you will not be successful every day. It did not happen today but may happen in the next day or another game. But it is not that we are not capable of doing this. We simply had a bad day,” the left-handed batsman added.

With a possible defeat looming, Shanto emphasized that Bangladesh can revive in the game through good execution with the bat if they get to come out again in the second innings.

“I think the start (Wednesday) is very important. If Shakib bhai and Taijul (Islam) bhai get a partnership going we will be in a better situation. And it is also important that if we have to bat again in the game, we will have to come better with execution,” said Shanto.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2...-had-a-bad-day

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan made poor decision by sending fawad and, they could have sent faheem and Hasan eith fawad as backup just in case and got 30 to 40 more runs easily. Then follow on would have been almost given 76for 7. Now they will lose 10 to 20 min inning change over time plus not knowing exactly how much time more to bat. Only benefit of not doing follow on is bowlers getting rest otherwise they are bowling out there for 100 or so over and especially if spinners on both ends can't keep bowling 12 to 15 over spells , that was perhaps one reason they didn't mind coming off as both sajid and Nauman had bowled 12 each. They should have played spin all rounder instead of faheem in hindsight.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mon858 View Post
    Pakistan made poor decision by sending fawad and, they could have sent faheem and Hasan eith fawad as backup just in case and got 30 to 40 more runs easily. Then follow on would have been almost given 76for 7. Now they will lose 10 to 20 min inning change over time plus not knowing exactly how much time more to bat. Only benefit of not doing follow on is bowlers getting rest otherwise they are bowling out there for 100 or so over and especially if spinners on both ends can't keep bowling 12 to 15 over spells , that was perhaps one reason they didn't mind coming off as both sajid and Nauman had bowled 12 each. They should have played spin all rounder instead of faheem in hindsight.
    You’ve made so many casual fan points it’s unbelievable.

Follow on is always gonna happen, bowlers have had a massive rest for 4 days barring the spinners.

Fawad along with Rizwan batted perfectly, if you wanna blame someone blame Prince Azhar Ali who batted at an incredible snail’s pace.

Even if Bangladesh avoid the follow on, they only need about 30-40 runs more. Chasing second on this ground is tough and collapses are not uncommon.
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th December 2021 at 00:25.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan is forced to bat again, the batsmen must be told get a quick fire 50-100 runs in 6-8 overs and then we will declare the innings immediately. The bowlers must then be told to go all out for the last 10 wickets.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan is forced to bat again, the batsmen must be told get a quick fire 50-100 runs in 6-8 overs and then we will declare the innings immediately. The bowlers must then be told to go all out for the last 10 wickets.
    Dude set a target of 250-260 and Bangladesh will not chase it.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowl them out quickly.

Send Azhar to open and us safely home to a draw.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim and Abdulllah should open if they have to bat again Hassan Ali at 3 and Babar at 4