[VIDEO]"When you empower a leader & give him confidence, he starts to own everything" : Ramiz Raja

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

[VIDEO]"When you empower a leader & give him confidence, he starts to own everything" : Ramiz Raja

LAHORE: PCB chairman Ramiz Raja said empowering skipper Babar Azam and instilling a fearless approach has helped Pakistan cap off a successful two-month tour of the United Arab Emirates and Bangladesh.

Pakistan won eight of their nine T20Is, which included victories in all the group matches at the ICC T20 World Cup, and two Tests in Bangladesh.

"...I want to emphasis on the fact that leadership matters. When you empower a leader and give him confidence then he starts to own everything; from decisions, team, performances to disasters. He becomes brave! His position is stable and he gets clarity," Raja told PCB digital.

"I told Babar Azam and the team that not to worry about results, especially before the India match. As I had said 'I want to fix Pakistan cricket's GPS', it meant empowering the captain and instilling fearless cricket, which is why you are seeing a positive change in the team's outlook."

The loss in the nine T20Is was against Australia in the semifinals of the T20 World Cup, while wins in the two Tests saw Pakistan gain 24 crucial ICC World Test Championship points.

"The Pakistan team has displayed wonderful cricket in Bangladesh, and I want to congratulate them for that," Raja said.

"In terms of cricket, Bangladesh is a tough destination, because they curate pitches on which they nullify and neutralise big sides. They have firm grip on the spin department and they also play it very well.

"We must appreciate Pakistan for not losing the focus after the T20 World Cup and for their swift shift from the T20 to Test format. In the end, the results were outstanding. The dressing room atmosphere is good and everyone is playing for Pakistan in this side."

Raja said Pakistan is becoming more consistent.

"This is what Pakistan's cricket is; they create drama, they have unlimited potential, but they only lack consistency. But, now, we are seeing them becoming consistent...We have strong and challenging series coming up.

"I welcome West Indies to Pakistan, we have great form in T20Is, and are a mid-tier team in the ODIs as we are ranked fifth. As a mid-tier team, you can do a lot of experimentation. And after the HBL PSL, we have Australia coming.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/spo...a-2394034.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th December 2021 at 19:56.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    has or is thinking about how to bring more people into stadiums / watching it from subscription channels / merging a better audience in UAE - more A tours.

A better platform for grass root level / facilities

?

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been decent thus far.

I think he is the right choice.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RR has the potential to end up as the best chairman PCB ever had and early signs are very promising for that expectation.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the right person to be chairman of PCB.I am confident he will make lots of changes which will improve standard of cricket in Pakistan.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Also speaking about pathway cricket for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What are the benefits of allowing internet connectivity to spectators?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure loves to watch his own videos. First class stupidity.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ramiz is a populist who has been playing to the galleries from day one to please gullible fans with statements like "fearless cricket, blank check, western bloc conspiracy, empowering the captain" etc.

It's funny Ramiz talks about empowering Babar - in a recent BBC interview he mentioned telling Babar what field to set to Rohit Sharma at the T20 World Cup !

Can anyone imagine David White advising Kane Williamson on field placings ?

Please stay in your lane Ramiz and stop with the self-publicity.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Babar needs to own this team and make tough calls like IK dud with Majid and Zaheer Abbas. In the test team AA needs to go straight away and Fawad needs to go in the next year.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    More tweets/instagram posts = more hype.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Ramiz is a populist who has been playing to the galleries from day one to please gullible fans with statements like "fearless cricket, blank check, western bloc conspiracy, empowering the captain" etc.

It's funny Ramiz talks about empowering Babar - in a recent BBC interview he mentioned telling Babar what field to set to Rohit Sharma at the T20 World Cup !

You're nitpicking here due to your personal vendetta against Ramiz.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Babar needs to own this team and make tough calls like IK dud with Majid and Zaheer Abbas. In the test team AA needs to go straight away and Fawad needs to go in the next year.

Why Fawad?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Success has many fathers whilst failure is an orphan.

When the team does well everyone wants a piece of the pie, when the team is struggling then nobody wants to know.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    You're nitpicking here due to your personal vendetta against Ramiz.
    Please name me one Cricket Chairman who publicly takes credit for their captain's field placings ?

Or a Chairman who talks about blank cheques being ready for the team. We beat India, has anyone found the cheque yet ?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ramiz told BBC how he spoke to Babar before the India match:

So I said I can tell you right now how to get rid of Rohit Sharma. Get Shaheen Afridi bowling at 100mph. Get a man at short leg and at 45. Bowl that inswinging yorker full pitched 100mph. Don't give him a single.

KL Rahul. Inswing, good length delivery.
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th December 2021 at 10:26.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    Why Fawad?

I think I need to state that it will never happen because we have become accustomed to Conservative mediocrity and that brings comfort to fans and administrators.

Because with him, AA and Abid we will remain around 4/5 and its only a 7 horse race, and that is poor by any measurement. Could we win in SA, Aus or NZ with these guys, and the answer is no. Obviously, there is no guarantee that Saud and others will be better but I rather know than die wondering.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David White is an administrator.

Rambo is a world cup winner, former captain, top tier commentator and fashion icon.

No comparison between the two.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz told BBC how he spoke to Babar before the India match:...
    If this is true Rambo should be made Coach aswell as his current position imo.
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th December 2021 at 10:26.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Please name me one Cricket Chairman who publicly takes credit for their captain's field placings ?

Or a Chairman who talks about blank cheques being ready for the team. We beat India, has anyone found the cheque yet ?
    Ramiz told the investor to sponsor Pakistani Cricket activities, initiatives rather than just giving a blank cheque.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They will save their personal data allowance lol

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Ramiz told the investor to sponsor Pakistani Cricket activities, initiatives rather than just giving a blank cheque.
    So no blank cheque?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    "We’ll set up units outside the grounds, and we’ll recruit a commentator among you.
    Me and another commentator will see if you have what it takes to be a commentator" : Ramiz Raja

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz certainly deserves credit. Firstly for removing inept combo of Misbah-Waqar and then giving complete backing to Babar.

I had my doubts regarding Babar's captaincy and still do but there is no doubt that there is a marked difference in Babar's captaincy and overall team spirit since Rambo took over.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Ramiz knows Pakistani fans like the back of his hand. He knows what excites them.

Everything is about him only. However, he is still a million times better than the woefully incompetent duo of Wasim and Mani.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The PCB Chairman today highlighted Babar Azam’s authority, leadership and impact on the side as one of the turnaround factors. He also credited the calm influences of Saqlain Mushtaq (interim head coach), Matthew Hayden (batting consultant) and Vernon Philander (bowling consultant) as the other contributing factor as the trio were able to create a relaxed team environment that, in turn, allowed the team to excel, particularly during the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I still see fear in BAs captaincy with the selection of AA in particular. Babar needs to develop his team and lead it his way. He has a golden chance to actually put PK amongst the top 3. We have 3 World class cricketers in Babar, Riz and SSA, he needs to find 2 more and we have a top 3 team.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Ramiz certainly deserves credit. Firstly for removing inept combo of Misbah-Waqar and then giving complete backing to Babar.

I had my doubts regarding Babar's captaincy and still do but there is no doubt that there is a marked difference in Babar's captaincy and overall team spirit since Rambo took over.
    Cricket performance wise, he hasn't done much except tweeting his own horse. It was pretty much Misbah and Waqar's team in the T20WC and not too long ago the perception on PP was that Babar is Misbah’s dummy captain. The reason you notice the difference in team spirit is because we beat India. Everyhing seems rosy when you win and ss Saj said earlier, success has many fathers...Ramiz's test of character will be when things gets tough. He's an empowered leader with the right backing. Hopefully he won't back track on these very words

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    Cricket performance wise, he hasn't done much except tweeting his own horse. It was pretty much Misbah and Waqar's team in the T20WC and not too long ago the perception on PP was that Babar is Misbah’s dummy captain. The reason you notice the difference in team spirit is because we beat India. Everyhing seems rosy when you win and ss Saj said earlier, success has many fathers...Ramiz's test of character will be when things gets tough. He's an empowered leader with the right backing. Hopefully he won't back track on these very words
    The team ceased to be Misbah's, Waqar's team when they resigned. Babar Azam was the man in charge and calling the shots in the T-20 WC. Making the captain in charge of everything and giving him the team he wants is what has made the difference.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Highlights from the PCB Chairman's meet and greet with the top performers of 2021, held at the NHPC in Lahore.

Name:  FJEoCYTXoAAopBe.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  267.6 KBName:  FJEoBWZXwAM1u0Z.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  238.2 KBName:  FJEn_PFXMAMSSts.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  227.0 KBName:  FJEn_PEWUAAP8wF.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  271.1 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2022 at 22:32.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz will make Pak cricket great again.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s chairman Ramiz Raja told national cricketers that he is just a call away to address their issues personally.

Speaking in a ceremony to honor cricketers for their performance in 2021, Raja said he is aware of issues cricketers face, hence he is available to address players’ issues personally as chairman of cricket.

“I am just a call away from you. Just call me without any hindrance. I will be there to address your issue,” he told players.

“Actually, I know players’ issues and how they have to deal with them. So, being PCB’s chairman, I am personally available for all players,” he added.

https://a-sports.tv/one-call-away-ra...al-cricketers/

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Highlights from the PCB Chairman's meet and greet with the top performers of 2021, held at the NHPC in Lahore.

Name:  FJEoCYTXoAAopBe.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  267.6 KBName:  FJEoBWZXwAM1u0Z.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  238.2 KBName:  FJEn_PFXMAMSSts.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  227.0 KBName:  FJEn_PEWUAAP8wF.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  271.1 KB
    Very happy to see Abid Ali joining the meeting , looks like his career is not over and it should not be .

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philosophies, philosophies and more philosophies.

Not sure what's our obsession with this "Falsafa bhigaarna" ... listen to many, many people from every walk of life in Pakistan, politics, journalism, sports, and Misbah, Waqar Yonus, and many others, even occasionally, Imran Khan himself .... coming up philosophies as if they know more and want everyone to know that they know more. And want everyone to bow down to their verbal lectures, that are full of, philosophies.