India (195/6) beat England (189) by 4 wickets to be crowned 2022 U19 Cricket World Cup champions - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    Is this tournament being streamed in the US? I have Willow but dont think they are showing this..
    Yes, its will be shown on Willow.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Australia might have suffered a heavy defeat to India in their sole 2022 ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup warm-up match but skipper Cooper Connolly believes the side are in good shape ahead of the tournament.

Despite the captain making 117 in Tuesday’s clash in Guyana, the Aussies were beaten by nine wickets by the four-time ICC U19 CWC champions.

And Connolly, who was part of the Australia team that went out in the quarter-finals two years, is confident that the team will be ready for their opening game against the hosts, the West Indies, in Providence on Friday.

He said: “I think as a team we are shaping up quite well. [The India defeat] was a reality check for us against one of the strongest sides, maybe the favourite. But our team is checking out really well and I feel like we’re in good shape for the first game.

“We can’t start off really easy, we’ve got to beat the West Indies and come out with a strong mindset. Hopefully we can knock them over.

“From the last World Cup, the aim was to make this. I looked forward to the opportunity that I might play in two, and then another thing was to get the captaincy. That’s unbelievable, I’m so proud of myself and mum and dad back home are really proud so I’m ready to go and lead my country.

“I feel like we’re pretty strong in all areas, but our batting and spin bowling is going to be pretty dominant for us and I feel like our pace can take early wickets up front.”

Defending champions Bangladesh were comfortable winners in their most recent warm-up game against Zimbabwe, with their opening Group A game coming against England in St Kitts and Nevis on Sunday.

Skipper Rakibul Hasan, who was part of the victorious 2020 squad, revealed that the squad is starting to adjust to the conditions in the Caribbean.

He said: “The conditions in St Kitts are not that tough, we have been here for two weeks now, so we have adjusted to the conditions and also playing two practice games is good preparation for us, so we are looking forward to playing England and hopefully we can get off to a good start.

“We are focused on our game, yes we are defending champions, but we are looking forward to our game, so we are focused on that and how well we prepare ourselves for the upcoming game and how we can get to the next stage of the competition

“Our senior team has done well in New Zealand which is inspiration for us, so hopefully we will do well in the tournament.”

Bangladesh are not the only team looking to their senior men’s side for inspiration, with Pakistan having captured the imagination on the way to the semi-finals of the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.

And those displays have clearly rubbed off on the younger generation, with captain Qasim Akram saying: “The fighting quality the senior team showed at the T20 World Cup in the UAE was an effort that inspired the entire nation including our players.

“We want to continue that inspiration for others because we have an example to emulate in this tournament.

“They showed great passion and it was a big inspiration to see the team do well and gives us motivation.”

Qasim is appearing in his second ICC U19 Men’s CWC, and like Rakibul, believes that the wickets will suit Pakistan, who are in Group C along with Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea and Zimbabwe.

He added: “The team so far has adjusted very well to the conditions and the wickets.

“The pitches are quite similar to those in Karachi, as they offer turn and generally similar to what we see across most of Pakistan.

“The pitches feel familiar which is helping the team prepare well and I feel we have adapted well to the conditions.”

Joining Bangladesh and England in Group A are Canada, who will kick off their tournament against the United Arab Emirates, a team they faced twice in the tournament two years ago.

And Mihir Patel, the Canada skipper and only remaining member of the squad from 2020, is desperate to get off to a flying start against the UAE as they search for more consistency against the best teams.

He said: “It’s one win and one loss for us against the UAE so we’re looking to make it two to one. Winning the first game always gives the boys confidence so that is something we’ve been looking forward to doing.

“I think our strength is the depth of our team, we have a really balanced team. Our batting order bats really low and we have a lot of bowling options so we don’t rely heavily on one or two players. Our players have shown capability that they can get things done, but it’s about doing it for a longer period of time and making sure we make the right decisions at the right time.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    On the final day of 2022 ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup warm-up matches South Africa edged out hosts West Indies while England, Sri Lanka and Ireland all secured convincing victories.

The Proteas earned a three-wicket win in Guyana, with England beating Papua New Guinea by 281 runs.

Sri Lanka were similarly big winners, beating Uganda by 231 runs and Ireland saw off Scotland by seven wickets.

Captain’s knock from Van Heerden sees South Africa past hosts

In a low-scoring affair in Georgetown, it was South Africa captain and wicket-keeper George Van Heerden who set up a three-wicket win over the West Indies.

Matthew Boast (3-9) and Michael Copeland (2-14) had made early inroads for the South Africans after putting in the West Indies, reducing them to 61 for six.

Home skipper Ackeem Auguste then mounted some resistance, making 52 as he and Carlon Bowen-Tuckett (45) added 63 for the seventh wicket.

After Auguste was caught off the bowling of Andile Simelane, Bowen-Tuckett marshalled the tail before going hit wicket with the Windies bowled out for 189.

Dewald Brevis hit 50 in reply for South Africa, including a 68-run partnership for the fourth wicket with his captain before falling to Onaje Amory.

McKenny Clarke (3-34) then took three quick wickets, but Van Heerden’s unbeaten 61 ensured there were no late nerves for South Africa, who open their campaign against India on Saturday in Group B.

Top order fires England to big win

A 161-run opening partnership set England on their way to a mammoth 281-run win over Papua New Guinea in Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis.

Ahead of an opening clash with defending champions Bangladesh, England made the most of being put into bat as George Thomas (90) and Jacob Bethell (78) built the perfect platform.

Neither man could make it to three figures, but once they had departed, skipper Tom Prest took up the charge on his way to a 77-ball 91.

Like Thomas and Bethell, he fell short of a century but a quickfire 46 not out from James Sales carried England all the way to 359 for seven in their 50 overs.

That was always going to be out of reach for PNG, with Sales building on his batting with three early wickets on his way to three for 14.

Fateh Singh then picked up two for two including top-scorer Christopher Kilapat for 19 and PNG were eventually bowled out for 78 in 27.4 overs.

Wellalage shines for Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka’s bowlers produced a remarkable display to bowl out Uganda for just 46 with Dunith Wellalage, the captain at the 2022 ICC U19 Men’s CWC, the pick of the bunch in Guyana.

Wellalage finished with figures of four for none from his three overs as he raced through the Ugandan middle and lower order in a 231-run success.

The game had not started well for Sri Lanka, opener Chamindu Wickramasinghe bowled second ball by Pascal Murungi for a duck.

A 96-run partnership between Shevon Daniel (46) and Sadisha Rajapaksa (75 retired not out) got the innings back on track, while Yasiru Rodrigo’s unbeaten 32 helped Sri Lanka to 277 for eight from their 50 overs.

Rodrigo (2-6) and Wickramasinghe (2-5) then tore through the top order, reducing Uganda to ten for four in reply.

The wickets kept coming as Wellalage came on, and despite a final wicket partnership of 17, Uganda’s innings ended after 21.2 overs.

McGuire has Scotland in a spin

Five wickets from Nathan McGuire fired Ireland to a seven-wicket victory over Scotland in Georgetown.

The off-spinner helped reduce Scotland to 138 all out with his 5-33, removing top-scoring duo Tomas Mackintosh (26) and Muhaymen Majeed (24) in the space of three balls.

Muzamil Sherzad chipped in with two for 17 as Scotland struggled after electing to bat.

In reply, an unbeaten half-century from opener David Vincent (51 not out) made it a comfortable chase, despite Oliver Davidson’s three for 27.

Ireland will look to build on the performance in their opening Group B match against Uganda, while Scotland kick off against Sri Lanka in Group D.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    ROBUST BIO SECURITY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE FOR ICC UNDER 19 MEN’S CRICKET WORLD CUP 2022

The International Cricket Council today outlined the bio security protocols that have been put in place ahead of the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 in the West Indies to ensure as safe and smooth a tournament as possible.

The ICC’s priority is the health and safety of all participants and the communities in the West Indies, to create a setting that is safe from both a physical and wellbeing perspective with welfare of all participants being the key issue.

The ICC has set up a Biosafety Scientific Advisory Group (BSAG) headed by an independent chair in partnership with participating Members and host nation governments. BSAG will oversee all issues relating to biosafety through the tournament and will meet regularly, ensuring any COVID-19 related issues that arise are dealt with appropriately with independent expert scientific and medical advice.

Teams, Broadcasters and Match Officials will have undertaken quarantine on arrival in the Caribbean, underpinned by diagnostic and surveillance testing and are now in Managed Event Environments (MEEs). The event is taking place across four countries and the MEE will be maintained in each and whilst teams are travelling.

ICC Head of Integrity, Alex Marshall said “The ICC has planned a robust and proportionate biosafety plan for the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 in partnership with Cricket West Indies and the four host country governments in line with global sports body best practice.

“We want the focus to be on the cricket and to ensure that it is played in a safe environment where players enjoy what for most of them is their first World Cup experience.

“We are fully expecting a number of positive tests with regular testing of all participants, and that will be managed according to our biosafety plan and under the guidance of BSAG. Merely registering a positive PCR test result within a team will not result in the automatic postponement or cancelation of fixtures. The main principle is to continue playing with appropriate mitigations in place if it is safe, practicable and proportionate to do so. Thanks to our hosts and the teams for their commitment to delivering a safe World Cup.”

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    ICC U19 Men's Cricket World Cup West Indies 2022

COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE OF THE ICC UNDER 19 MEN'S CRICKET WORLD CUP 2022 TO REACH FANS ACROSS THE WORLD

The International Cricket Council has today announced coverage plans for the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022, the event which showcases the future stars of the game, with ICC TV set to produce live coverage of 20 matches. In addition, there will be 23 live streamed matches and digital clips coverage from the five remaining matches.

The tournament which is being hosted by the West Indies for the first time starts on Friday 14 January in Guyana with the Final in Antigua and Barbuda on Saturday 5 February, with St Kitts and Nevis and Trinidad and Tobago acting as the other two host countries.

Distribution of the live coverage of the 20 matches will be supported by ICC’s Global Broadcast Partner, Star Sports, and other Broadcast Partners including, Star Sports (India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan) Sky Sports (United Kingdom and ROI), Gazi TV (Bangladesh), Fox Sports (Australia), Willow TV and ESPN+ (USA), Willow TV (Canada), Sky Sport NZ (New Zealand), PTV and ARY (Pakistan), SuperSport (South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa), Etisalat (MENA), Digicel (Pacific Islands), Yupp TV (Continental Europe, SEA & South America), Astro Cricket, (Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong) YuppTV.com (Continental Europe, MENA (excl. UAE) and Central Asia) and ESPN/Star Plus (Latin America).

Local broadcaster, ESPN Caribbean, will bring coverage of the tournament to fans in the host country broadcasting all 20 matches.

The 20 televised games will be introduced by a strong commentary line-up with Caribbean representation from ICC Men’s T20 World Cup winners Carlos Brathwaite and Samuel Badree, along with the experienced Fazeer Mohammed.

Former ICC U19 Men’s CWC winner from the 1998 edition Graeme Swann will also be on hand to analyze the performances of future stars from around the world, and he will be joined by former New Zealand fast bowler Simon Doull, and former Ireland wicket-keeper batsman Niall O’Brien. Bringing the Asian perspective will be former Sri Lanka player Russel Arnold and former India internationals Deep Dasgupta and Rohan Gavaskar. Alongside them will be leading broadcasters Alan Wilkins, Natalie Germanos and Charles Dagnall.

Carlos Brathwaite said: “I’m thrilled to be part of the commentary team at the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup. It’s a wonderful opportunity to watch the next generation of stars who will be ruling the world of cricket in the years to come. I thank the ICC for giving me this opportunity and I can’t wait to start!”

Graeme Swann said: “It’s wonderful to be back at the U19 World Cup. I was a member of the England squad that won the title in 1998 and have some very fond memories from then. I know from experience what a wonderful opportunity it is for players as they get the taste of a global event so early in their playing careers. My message to the players will be to express themselves and make the most of the opportunities that come their way. I am sure I’ll have a great time in the commentary box.”

Natalie Germanos said: “Watching the world’s best upcoming talent is a great experience for any broadcaster, and exciting too because you don’t know what to expect from each player. But I know for sure it’s going to be fun discussing the game with the fine commentary panel in place for the tournament.”

Samuel Badree said: “It’s great to see the U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup being played in the West Indies and it’s doubly sweet for me as I get to commentate on the action. I wish all the teams the very best and hope to see some top-quality cricket during the tournament.”

ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 – Broadcast matches

14 January - West Indies v Australia, Guyana National Stadium, Guyana

15 January - India v South Africa, Guyana National Stadium, Guyana

16 January - Bangladesh v England, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis

17 January - West Indies v Scotland, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis

18 January - England v Canada, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis

19 January - India v Ireland, Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago

20 January - Pakistan v Afghanistan, Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago

21 January - South Africa v Ireland, Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago

22 January - India v Uganda, Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago

26 January - Super League Quarter Final 1 (1st in Group A v 2nd in Group B) – Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

27 January: Super League Quarter Final 4 (1st in Group D v 2nd in Group C) – Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

28 January: Super League Quarter Final 3 (1st in Group C v 2nd in Group D) – Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

29 January: Super League Quarter Final 2 (1st in Group B v 2nd in Group A) – Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

30 January: Loser SLQF2 v Loser SLQF3 - Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

31 January: Loser SLQF1 v Loser SLQF4 - Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

1 February: Super League Semi Final 1 – Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

2 February: Super League Semi Final 2 - Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

3 February: 5th/6th Place Play-Off - Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

4 February: 3rd/4th Place Play-Off - Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

5 February: ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup Final 2022 - Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 – Streamed matches

15 January - Canada v UAE, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis; Zimbabwe v PNG, Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

17 January - Australia v Sri Lanka, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis; Pakistan v Zimbabwe, Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago

18 January - South Africa v Uganda, Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago Afghanistan v PNG, Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

19 January - Australia v Scotland, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis

20 January - Bangladesh v Canada, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis

21 January - West Indies v Sri Lanka, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis

22 January - Pakistan v PNG, Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago; Afghanistan v Zimbabwe, Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

25 January - Plate League Quarter Final 2 (3rd in Group B v 4th in Group A) Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago; Plate League Quarter Final 1 (3rd in Group A v 4th in Group B) Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago

26 January - Plate League Quarter Final 3 (3rd in Group C v 4th in Group D) Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago; Plate League Quarter Final 4 (3rd in Group D v 4th in Group C) Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

28 January – Plate League Semi Final 1 - Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago; Plate League Play Off Semi Final 1 - Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

29 January - Plate League Semi Final 2 - Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago; Plate League Play Off Semi Final 2- Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago

30 January – 15th/16th Place Play-Off, Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago; 13th/14th Place Play-Off, Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

31 January – Plate League Final - Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago; 11th/12th Place Play-Off, Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Trinidad and Tobago

ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 – Digital Clip Coverage

14 January - Sri Lanka v Scotland, Everest Cricket Club, Guyana
    15 January - Ireland v Uganda, Everest Cricket Club, Guyana
    20 January - England v UAE, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis
    22 January - Bangladesh v UAE, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis
    3 February - 7th / 8th Playoff, Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua and Barbuda

LIVE STREAMED MATCHES (Digital Only Matches) - PLATFORMS WHERE AVAILABLE

Bangladesh - Rabbithole
    Pakistan - PTV App
    Pakistan - ARY YouTube Channel
    Afghanistan - Yupp TV
    UK - Sky Sports YouTube channel
    South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa - SuperSport YouTube channel
    Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong - Yupp TV
    Continental Europe, SEA & South America- Yupp TV

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

WEST INDIES, ENGLAND, INDIA, SOUTH AFRICA AND UAE SHARE THEIR THOUGHTS AHEAD OF THE ICC U19 MEN’S CWC

It’s 34 years since the hosts of the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup went on to lift the trophy – but West Indies captain Ackeem Auguste believes his side has what it takes.

The Caribbean has welcomed 15 teams from across the world and the home side West Indies kick off the 14th edition of the tournament in Guyana on Friday against Australia, the only team to win the tournament as hosts back in the very first edition in 1988.

West Indies have been champions once before, winning in Bangladesh six years ago, and Auguste is excited by the potential of the class of 2022.

He said: “I think the enthusiasm from the guys has been good, I think we have gelled well as a unit and looking forward we are very confident as a team.

“I think we are a very talented bunch, everybody in this team can pull their weight. We are a team full of quality batters and bowlers and a good fielding unit too. Overall, we are very confident.

“As a team we are always looking to improve, so that’s how I see it [rather than any specific areas to work on].”

England have not won the tournament since 1998 but have a chance to prove their credentials from the off against defending champions Bangladesh on Sunday.

England will also face Canada and United Arab Emirates in Group A and captain Tom Prest is confident they can make a run at the title.

“Obviously, we’ve come over here with the intention of winning the tournament. That’s kind of our ultimate goal as a side,” he said.

“We’ve had good run outs against West Indies and Sri Lanka in the summer series in England and then we went out to Sri Lanka before Christmas in December.

“We’ve had good experience against some good quality international sides, so it will be a great experience for us all to play against more opposition, top-class players from all around the world. Hopefully we can come out on top.

“It would be amazing to win. To even be at a global tournament, at a World Cup is a great feeling for all of us. I think to win the tournament as well would be an unbelievable feeling for all of us.”

South Africa are gunning for a second ICC U19 Men’s CWC title after triumphing back in 2014 and skipper George van Heerden has promised an exciting brand of cricket, even on unfamiliar Caribbean pitches.

“We want to be as aggressive and attacking as we possible can without being frantic,” explained Van Heerden.

“We’ve learned a lot about the conditions – playing in St Vincent, the pitches were quite a bit slower than we were used to and turned quite a lot more than the pitches back in South Africa.

“With all the different grounds in West Indies, we’ve looked at the average scores and some of them are a bit lower than we’re used to back home.

“We might have to be a bit more measured in our approach and it won’t be as helter-skelter as the T20s were. We’ll still stick to our brand of being attacking and aggressive though.”

South Africa open their Group B campaign against India in Guyana on Saturday, a side beginning their bid for a fifth title.

They will be captained by Yash Dhull and head coach Hrishikesh Kanitkar believes the youngster has the perfect temperament for the job.

"The primary quality you need to become a captain of any team is that you should have the respect of your team,” explained Kanitkar.

“Without that, you can be a good captain or player, but you would not be able to do the job. Yash has got the respect of all his players.

"He is able to take tough calls on the field when it is needed, every time a captain cannot be told to do things. The captain needs to take his own decisions and Yash can do that.

“It is pretty instinctive – Yash's instincts are fine and he is able to do justice to the job.”

And for his part, Dhull knows exactly who he is looking to emulate with his captaincy responsibility.

He said: “Virat Kohli's attitude on the field while batting and leading the side, I have the same and I try to do the job in the same manner."

Meanwhile, UAE captain Alishan Sharafu has a target in mind and that’s to reach the Super League stage after narrowly missing out in South Africa two years ago.

“I think obviously we want to go match by match but our collective goal would be to at least go through to the Super League which we couldn’t do last time,” he said.

“That would be the biggest goal of the tournament. Obviously we go one match at a time and prepare for every game separately and pretty much do well in all of them.

“They’re all very good teams, and we want to focus on one game at a time, not the group as a whole, and prepare for every game differently based on our strengths and not worry about the opposition too much. We just want to back our preparation and go from there.”

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Bit of a shame NZ aren't competing. Should be an interesting tournament regardless.

I have returned.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    JUNIOR PROTEAS EAGER TO KICK OFF THEIR WORLD CUP JOURNEY AGAINST INDIA

Friday, 14 January 2022

PROVIDENCE: While the senior sides battle it out in a thrilling Test series in Cape Town, the South Africa under-19s are ready to begin their long-awaited ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup West Indies 2022 campaign with a captivating encounter against India on Saturday.

The Group B match-up gets underway at 15H00 South African time (09H00 local time) at the Providence Stadium in Providence, near Georgetown, the capital city of Guyana.

South Africa will also take on Uganda on Tuesday, 18 January before a clash against Ireland on Friday, 21 January wraps up the pool stage action and the tournament advances to the playoffs.

During the captain’s presser on the eve of the global showpiece, Junior Proteas captain George van Heerden expressed his and the team’s excitement levels and eagerness to get started and even welcomes the games coming thick and fast.

“To be honest, I have never played games with so much rest time before in my life, so two to three days between games is quite a lot and the thing is for us, we are so keen to get out on the park now, having been here for such a long time with the tour against the West Indies before this.

“So, the minimal wait time is actually a good thing for us,” he added.

“We are extremely excited; last night a couple of us were chatting about all of the SA players that have gone before us, with the names like Aiden Markram, Rabada and all of those guys that been in our seat before us, it has been absolutely amazing

“It’s such a great opportunity for all of us and just seeing the people that are walking around the hotel; this morning I saw Simon Doull, Samuel Badree, Curtly Ambrose; it’s been eye-opening, but we are all just very excited about what’s to come,” van Heerden concluded.

After competing in last year’s Cricket South Africa (CSA) Provincial T20 Knockout Competition against professional players, the SA under-19 team travelled to the West Indies for a four-match Youth One-Day International series in testing conditions in the Caribbean.

The SA U19s then played two warm-up games, including an inter-squad game after their first match against Australia was postponed, before another contest against the West Indies to end what have been demanding preparations for the players.

Looking ahead to Saturday’s opener, head coach, Shukri Conrad says the team is in high spirits and although they are wary of their first opponents – who finished as runners-up in 2020 and won the 2018 edition – he is adamant the team are just as capable as India and his side will not go in as underdogs.

“The mood in the camp is really good and we are just itching to get on the park. Everybody is in a good space, both from a skills point of view and from a psychological point of view.

“We haven’t really seen them (India). We watched a little bit of their warm-up game yesterday and I don’t see them as favourites going into this game as we want to start ridding ourselves of the underdog tag; especially when we come up against India.

“We know they are a very good side and are probably a dangerous side, but so are we.

“They obviously have ability, they play quite an aggressive brand but ultimately, if we stay disciplined and stick to the game plans we put in place, and able to execute, there is no reason why we can’t beat them come Saturday,” Shukri noted.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies U19 have won the toss and have opted to bat

West Indies U19 (Playing XI): Matthew Nandu, Shaqkere Parris, Teddy Bishop, Rivaldo Clarke(w), Ackeem Auguste(c), Giovonte Depeiza, Anderson Mahase, Johann Layne, McKenny Clarke, Shiva Sankar, Onaje Amory

Australia U19 (Playing XI): Teague Wyllie, Corey Miller, Isaac Higgins, Cooper Connolly(c), Nivethan Radhakrishnan, Campbell Kellaway, Aidan Cahill, Tobias Snell(w), William Salzmann, Tom Whitney, Harkirat Bajwa

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka U19 have won the toss and have opted to bat

Teams:

Scotland U19 (Playing XI): Charlie Tear(w/c), Oliver Davidson, Samuel Elstone, Tomas Mackintosh, Jack Jarvis, Rafay Khan, Lyle Robertson, Charlie Peet, Jamie Cairns, Christopher Cole, Sean Fischer Keogh

Sri Lanka U19 (Playing XI): Chamindu Wickramasinghe, Shevon Daniel, Sadisha Rajapaksa, Raveen de Silva, Pawan Pathiraja, Ranuda Somarathne, Dunith Wellalage(w), Wanuja Sahan, Yasiru Rodrigo(c), Sakuna Liyanage, Matheesha Pathirana

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies Under-19s
    42/3 (11/50 ov)
    Current RR: 3.81

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka Under-19s

67/4 (11/50 ov)

CRR: 6.09

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ackeem what a talent.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest score:

WI U19 169 (40.1)
    AUS U19 6/1 (3) CRR: 2 REQ: 3.49

Australia U19 need 164 runs to win
    Last edited by James; 14th January 2022 at 21:08.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest score:

SL U19 209 (45.2) CRR: 4.61
    Innings Break

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest scores

Sri Lanka U19 218
    Scotland U19 56/2 (23 overs)

West Indies U19 169
    Australia U19 102/3 (28.2 overs)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    WIU19 169 (40.1)

AUS U19 170/4 (44.5)

Australia U19 won by 6 wkts

PLAYER OF THE MATCH
    Teague Wyllie

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    SLU19 209 (45.2)

SCOU19 178 (48.4) CRR: 3.66

Sri Lanka U19 won by 40 runs

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WI captain Ackeem Auguste will play international cricket within two years , if not sooner and will have a very bright future, he is a classy leftie . I watched his batting today .

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Australia delivered a dominant early statement of intent as the hotly-anticipated ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup kicked off on Friday.

The three-time champions breezed past West Indies by six wickets to get their tournament off to a flyer and inflict an early blow on the hosts in Guyana.

Cooper Connolly’s side required just 40.1 overs to take all ten West Indian wickets and spearheaded by opener Teague Wyllie, chased down their target of 170 to win with ease.

And in the other game on the opening day of the ICC U19 Men’s CWC – so often a breeding ground for the game’s future superstars – it was Sri Lanka who got off to a winning start as they toppled Scotland by 40 runs.

Dunith Wellalage’s side posted a competitive first innings total of 218 before economical middle over spells from their versatile attack – including five wickets for captain Wellalage – skittled the Scots for just 178 inside 49 overs.

Wonderful Wyllie fires Australia over the line

West Indies were punished for a below-par batting performance as Australia cruised to a comfortable triumph at Providence.

After Ackeem Auguste’s side had been bowled out for just 169 – with almost ten full overs to spare – Wyllie’s polished 86 not out helped Australia complete the most impressive display of the day and win within 45 overs.

Australia’s seamers had caused havoc with the new ball as opening bowlers Tom Whitney – three for 20 – and William Salzmann – one for 19 – reduced the hosts to 12 for three after 5.1 overs. Skipper Auguste’s defiant 57, bolstered by wicket-keeper Rivaldo Clarke’s 37, propelled them to a fourth wicket partnership of 95 but wickets at regular intervals after Clarke’s dismissal proved the West Indians’ downfall.

Australian captain Connolly and off-spinner Nivethan Radhakrishna took three wickets apiece as West Indies, winners of the ICC U19 Men’s CWC in 2016, were unable to muster a match-winning total.

And that inability was ruthlessly capitalised on by the Australians, who overcame the early dismissals of top order batters Corey Miller and Isaac Higgins to power to a straightforward victory.

Wyllie’s impressive innings was assisted by Radhakrishnan’s 31 and Connolly’s 23 as Australia, crowned champions back in 1988, 2002 and 2010, got their tournament off to the perfect start in the Caribbean.

Wellalage inspires Sri Lanka to hard-fought victory

Sri Lanka executed a skilful defence of their total as captain fantastic Wellalage and his bowlers fired them to victory in Georgetown.

Wellalage’s canny left-arm spin saw him rack up formidable figures of five for 27 from nine overs as Scotland were unable to ever get going in pursuit of their 219 target.

Sakuna Nidarshana Liyanage was the hero with the bat for the Sri Lankans, striking a majestic run-a-ball 85 to haul his side up to a total that left the game intriguingly poised at the halfway mark.

Raveen de Silva (30) delivered some important runs from the tail while contributions from top order batters Chamindu Wickramasinghe (28) and Sadisha Rajapaksa (24) left Charlie Peet’s Scots with considerable work to do.

Sean Fischer-Keogh (3-56), Jack Jarvis and Oliver Davidson – two wickets apiece – starred with the ball but underdogs Scotland were unable to mount a viable attempt with the bat as Sri Lanka’s spinners turned the screw.

Spearheaded by Wellalage’s brilliance, the 2000 runners-up suffocated the Scots as Shevon Daniel (2-16), Matheesha Pathirana and Wanuja Sahan also took important wickets.

Only middle-order batter Jarvis, who notched 55 off 61 balls after arriving at the crease with scoreboard pressure intensifying, scored over 20 for Scotland after the top four failed to fire in the face of some accurate Sri Lankan bowling.

A flurry of late wickets saw Scotland eventually dismissed with eight balls of the innings remaining, 40 runs short of Sri Lanka who will look to build valuable momentum ahead of their mouth-watering Monday meeting with fellow Friday winners Australia.

Saturday 15 January matches

India v South Africa, Guyana National Stadium, Guyana
    Ireland v Uganda, Everest Cricket Club, Guyana
    Canada v UAE, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis
    Zimbabwe v PNG, Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago

Start time: 09h00 local time

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    WI captain Ackeem Auguste will play international cricket within two years , if not sooner and will have a very bright future, he is a classy leftie . I watched his batting today .
    I agree he looked easily the best in the same Cooper looked ok to.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Canada U19 vs United Arab Emirates U19, 3rd Match, Group A : United Arab Emirates won the toss & opted to bat against Canada

India U19 vs South Africa U19, 4th Match, Group B - Rain delay

Ireland U19 vs Uganda U19, 5th Match, Group B : Uganda have won the toss and elected to bowl.

Zimbabwe U19 vs Papua New Guinea U19, 6th Match, Group C : Zimbabwe U19 have won the toss and have opted to bat
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th January 2022 at 17:16.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-15 193423.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  98.1 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-15 193639.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  94.6 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-15 195739.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  95.6 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-15 200046.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  86.2 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    INDU19 232 (46.5)
    RSAU19 70/2 (16) CRR: 4.38 REQ: 4.79
    South Africa U19 need 163 runs

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    INDU19 232 (46.5)
    RSAU19 98/3 (27) CRR: 3.63 REQ: 5.87
    South Africa U19 need 135 runs

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skipper Yash Dhull scored a brilliant 82 and Vicky Ostwal picked up a five-wicket haul to help India beat South Africa by 45 runs in their opener at Guyana. Dewald Brevis was the top performer for SA before Ostwal and Raj Bawa (4/47) ran through the opposition batting unit. Earlier, Shaik Rasheed also contributed with 31 off 54 deliveries and Nishant Sindhu chipped in with 25-ball 27 cameo. South African seamer Mnyanda struck early to jolt India will dual blows, removing Harnoor Singh and Angriksh Raghuvanshi in the first six overs. India are among the favourites to lift the trophy, having won the recent U-19 Asia Cup and registered wins versus hosts West Indies and Australia in the warm-up fixtures of the showpiece event. India is the most successful team having won four titles in 2000, 2008, 2012 and 2018. India have also been runners-up in 2016 and in the previous edition of the tournament held in 2020 in New Zealand. India are placed in Group B alongside South Africa, Ireland and Uganda.

Source : https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...mpaign=ht_site

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    India battled to a hard-fought heavyweight triumph over South Africa as the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup entered full swing on Saturday.

The four-time champions edged a gripping Guyana clash against the 2014 winners as Yash Dhull and Vicky Ostwal starred to get their Caribbean campaign off to the perfect start.

And that was just one game on a jam-packed day of action, as Joshua Cox’s majestic unbeaten century fired Ireland to an opening game victory over Uganda and United Arab Emirates toppled Canada in Group A.

Zimbabwe powered past Papua New Guinea in Group C’s solitary Saturday fixture as the ICC U19 Men’s CWC – the undisputed international showpiece for the game’s newly-emerging talent – started to really hot up in West Indies.

Dhull and Ostwal the heroes as India edge Group B battle with South Africa

Saturday’s standout fixture did not disappoint as Dhull and Ostwal outlined their ICC U19 Men’s CWC precocity with eye-catching displays at Providence.

After South African left-arm seamer Aphiwe Mnyanda had caused mayhem with the new ball to reduce India to 11 for two, captain Dhull strode to the crease and showcased all the fighting spirit that has seen India crowned champions on four occasions since the turn of the century.

Dynamic Dhull struck a measured 82 to steer his side towards a competitive total as Kaushal Tambe (35), Shaik Rasheed (31) and Nishant Sindhu (27) also made important contributions.

Mnyanda’s early menace was supplemented by fellow opening bowler Matthew Boast’s three for 40 as South Africa, ICC U19 Men’s CWC champions in 2014, dismissed India for 232 to leave the clash on a knife-edge at the interval.

Rajvardhan Hangargekar set the tone in the second innings by dismissing Ethan-John Cunningham in the very first over but Dewald Brevis (65) and Valentine Kitime’s (25) half-century partnership kept the game in the balance.

South African captain George Van Heerden made 36 in the middle order but fabulous figures of five for 28 from skilful left-arm spinner Ostwal ensured India continued to suffocate their opponents.

Wickets tumbled at regular intervals as South Africa left themselves with too much to do and India, the only nation to win the ICC U19 Men’s CWC four times, got their latest campaign off to a flyer in the Caribbean.

Cox catapults Ireland to comfortable win over Uganda

Uganda delivered a valiant display of their ICC U19 Men’s CWC credentials but Cox’s first innings hundred proved the dollop of quality required to fire Ireland to victory in Georgetown.

After arriving at the crease with the score at 40 for two, wicketkeeper Cox compiled a superb 111 not out off 113 balls to haul his team up to a total of 236 for nine.
    Two wickets apiece for Juma Miyaji, Pascal Murungi, Joseph Baguma and Matthew Musinguzi sought to reel the Irish in but ably assisted by Philippus le Roux (32), Cox put his team in a commanding position at the interval.

Ugandan captain Pascal Murungi offered the underdogs a consistent glimmer of hope in the run chase but his knock of 63, bolstered by bowler Juma Miyaji’s blockbuster 38 at No.9, proved insufficient in causing a Group B upset.

Left-arm spinner Matthew Humphries – who opened the bowling for Ireland – starred with the ball for Tim Tector’s team as his four wickets for just 25 runs helped halt the Ugandan momentum and cap a 39-run triumph.

Patel innings proves in vain as UAE edge over the line

Canada battled admirably in Basseterre but were unable to haul themselves to victory as UAE’s first innings score of 284 for seven proved enough.

Ali Naseer’s destructive 73 off just 50 balls did the damage for Alishan Sharafu’s side after Punya Mehra’s well-judged 71 had put the wheels in motion for a strong first innings total.

The Canadians had UAE reeling at 47-3 but Mehra, Nilansh Keswani (39) and Sharafu (37) helped them recover to 174 for five.

And then came all-rounder Naseer’s late innings pyrotechnics, as his brutal knock – at a strike rate of 146 – catapulted his team to a sizeable total.

Mihir Patel’s Canada rallied, however, with the captain leading from the front as his fine innings of 96 off 105 balls kept them continually in contention.

Wicketkeeper Anoop Chima (46) and lower-order batter Kairav Sharma (43) also offered resistance but two wickets each for Keswani, Sharafu, Adhitya Shetty and Jash Giyanani helped bowl Canada out for 235 to complete hard-fought 49-run victory.

Bawa brilliance lays foundations for dominant Zimbabwe triumph

Zimbabwe had too much firepower for Papua New Guinea as captain fantastic Emmanuel Bawa’s first innings century propelled them to victory in Port of Spain.

The Zimbabweans racked up a formidable total of 321 for nine from their 50 overs before a polished all-round bowling performance completed a comprehensive 228-run victory.

Papua New Guinea bowler Junior Morea dismissed opener Steven Saul early on but after Bawa entered the fray at 15 for one, he never looked back as his majestic hundred – off just 95 balls – helped haul his team to a match-winning score.

Bawa and David Bennett (58) compiled a century stand for the third wicket while opening batter and wicketkeeper Panashe Taruvinga (36), along with Victor Chirwa and Connor Mitchell – who both scored 35 – also made contributions.

And Barnabas Maha’s team never got going in response, with no batter mustering more than 15 runs as the wickets were shared equally among the Zimbabwean attack.

Ngenyasha Zvinoera, Brian Bennett and Victor Chirwa all took two scalps apiece as Bawa’s side bowled the underdogs out with 15 overs remaining to crank up for Monday’s clash with Pakistan in perfect fashion.

Sunday 16 January match
    Bangladesh v England, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis
    Start time 09h00 local time

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon Doull mentioned on commentary that Rajvardhan Hangargekar seems to be bowling in the early 140s.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    Is this tournament being streamed in the US? I have Willow but dont think they are showing this..
    Willow TV ( not willow on line ), showing it and I watched it today . In office I watch it online at ESPN plus .

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    From ECB:

England U19 bowler Sonny Baker has been ruled out of the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup. The Somerset player felt discomfort while bowling in a warm-up fixture and after subsequent assessment an MRI scan displayed some bone stress in his lumbar spine. Baker will return to Somerset CCC for his rehabilitation. Travelling reserve Ben Cliff, Yorkshire, has joined the squad in Baker’s absence.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh U19 vs England U19, 7th Match, Group A

BANU19 79/9 (30.3) CRR: 2.59
    Bangladesh U19 opt to bat

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh U19 are very weak this time.

I expect them to go to quarter-final but they should lose. I think they may face India there.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  bangu19.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  25.9 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Name:  bangu19.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  25.9 KB
    Video highlights

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I watched the England spin bowling and I am amazed that Josh Baker isn't in this team, but the amazing thing is that he isn't even in the squad.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    BANU19 97 (35.2)

ENGU19 98/3 (25.1)

England U19 won by 7 wkts

PLAYER OF THE MATCH
    Joshua Boyden

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UAE U19 can knock BD U19 out. If they beat BD, they are most likely through to quarter-final.

We may see Australia vs Pakistan/India in the final.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Excellent catch by England fielder

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh’s defence of their ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup title got off to a poor start as they slipped to a seven-wicket defeat against England in their Group A opener.

England’s bowling attack decimated the Bangladesh batting line-up as the reigning champions were reduced to 51 for nine in the 25th over at Warner Park in St Kitts and Nevis.

No.11 Ripon Mondol hit 33 not out in a spirited last-wicket stand of 46 with Naimur Rohman (11) to drag Bangladesh up to 97, but they were still dismissed with the best part of 15 overs going to waste.

In reply, the Young Lions lost opener George Thomas and captain Tom Prest but Jacob Bethell and James Rew put on 65 before the former was run out just shy of the finish line as England cruised to victory.

Bangladesh captain Rakibul Hasan was part of the side that lifted the trophy in South Africa in 2020 and elected to bat after winning the toss.

Seamer Joshua Boyden had openers Mahfijul Islam (3) and Ariful Islam (4) caught behind by wicket-keeper Alex Horton and Bangladesh were reeling at seven for three in the eighth over when James Sales got in on the act as No.3 Prantik Nawrose Nabil departed without scoring to give Horton his third victim.

William Luxton ran out Md Fahim to make it eight for four before first-change bowler Thomas Aspinwall got his reward for running in and hitting the deck hard when he had Ashiqur Zaman caught by Luxton for nine.

Left-arm spinner Fateh Singh picked up his first scalp of the tournament when Aich Mollah was caught by Sales for 13 to leave Bangladesh 31 for six in the 17th over.

They then belatedly brought up their half-century before losing three wickets for just one run.

Horton took his tally to six catches behind the stumps as Aspinwall took his second wicket and left-armer Boyden picked up two more as he recorded impressive figures of four for 16 from nine overs.

Ripon’s counter-attacking 33 included five fours and a six as the tailender added a modicum of respectability to the Bangladesh total.

Boyden dropped a catch at fine leg to deny Sales another wicket, but England did not panic and eventually a superb diving grab from Rew off the skipper Prest’s off-spin saw the back of Naimur after the last two had hung around for 11 overs.

England got off to a slightly nervy start with the bat as Bethell survived a run-out scare when SM Meherob could not gather the ball at the stumps with only five on the board.

He survived a close lbw appeal off Ashiqur shortly after before opening partner Thomas began to up the ante after a cautious start.

But having hit three fours, Thomas perished for 15 when he miscued another attacking shot off Ripon to leave England 20 for one in the ninth over.

That breakthrough gave Bangladesh a small glimmer of hope but when the English captain Prest nicked one behind off his counterpart Rakibul for just four soon after, the game was very much on.

However, Rew joined Bethell and together they batted superbly, counteracting the Bangladesh spin attack to alleviate any potential English nerves.

Bethell eventually paid for some hesitant running - which had been a feature of his innings - but by the time he was run out by Ariful for a well-made 44 from 63 balls the game was all but over.

Luxton strode out to the crease and promptly hit his first ball down the ground for six before Rew, 26 not out off 39 balls, hit the winning runs off the first ball of the 26th over.

England picked up a comfortable two points to go top of Group A ahead of their match against Canada on Tuesday while Bangladesh will look to bounce back on Thursday against the same opponents, who lost to the UAE in their opener on Saturday.

Monday 17 January matches -

West Indies v Scotland, Warner Park Cricket Stadium, St Kitts and Nevis
    Australia v Sri Lanka, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis
    Pakistan v Zimbabwe, Queens Park Oval, Diego Martin Sporting Complex
    Start time 09h00 local time

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Toss: West Indies Under 19s who chose to bowl
    Venue: Warner Park, Basseterre
    Umpires: Rashid Riaz, Rizwan Akram, Asif Yaqoob

Scotland Under 19s - 41/3 13.3/50 ov CRR: 3.03

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Toss: Sri Lanka Under 19s who chose to bowl
    Venue: Conaree Sports Club, Basseterre
    Umpires: Denavon Hayles, Nitin Bathi, Emmerson Carrington

Australia Under 19s - 58/2 15.3/50 ov CRR: 3.74

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Updated scores:

Australia U19: 119/6 (34 overs) vs Sri Lanka

Scotland U19: 87/9 (33.1 overs) vs West Indies

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    West Indies Under-19s won by 7 wickets

West Indies Under 19s - 96/3 19.4/50 ov RR: 4.88
    Scotland Under 19s - 95 35.1/50 ov RR: 2.70

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka Under-19s won by 4 wickets

Australia Under 19s - 175 50/50 ov RR: 3.50
    Sri Lanka Under 19s - 177/6 37/50 ov RR: 4.78

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Dunith Wellalage was again the star for Sri Lanka as he took a five-fer and scored 52 to guide his side to a four-wicket victory over Australia in the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup.

The Lions came out on top in the tussle between the two unbeaten teams in Group D, with no Australian able to match Wellalage in Basseterre.

Hosts West Indies did the business against Scotland as the bowlers dismissed Scotland for less than 100, with bowling coach and Windies legend Curtly Ambrose proudly watching on.

Teddy Bishop then showed his skill with the bat to guide West Indies to a comfortable victory in Group D to sit second in the table with one game to go.

Pakistan showed their batting strength as they played their opening game in Group C in Guyana, putting on 315 thanks to a Haseebullah Khan century.

Zimbabwe fell 116 runs short in the chase despite an 83–run eighth-wicket partnership between Brian Bennett and Tendekai Mataranyika.

West Indies show their all-round dominance in comfortable win over Scotland

West Indies were ruthless after winning the toss and putting Scotland into bat as Shiva Sankar took the first three wickets including two in two balls on his way to match-best three for 17.

Muhaymen Majeed made an entertaining knock at No.6, but his score of 11 was the second-highest of Scotland’s innings as they were unable to get close to the 178 they put on in a losing cause in their opener against Sri Lanka.

Spin twins Onaje Amory and Anderson Mahase took a combined four for 42 as Scotland were restricted to 95 all out.

Shankar was again involved as opener Oliver Davidson was the final wicket to fall, throwing a direct hit from deep to run out the left-hander who had battled to a valiant 43 from 93 balls.

West Indies were steady in their march to the low total, their first wicket falling in the seventh over as Matthew Nandu was dismissed for eight off the bowling of Jack Jarvis, who was playing with a dislocated finger.

Charlie Peet took the Windies’ second wicket, deceiving Shaqkere Parris with a pitched-up delivery that went straight through to the opener’s stumps to leave the hosts at 2-48.

Wicket-keeper batter Rivaldo Clarke looked to combine with Teddy Bishop to guide West Indies home before falling to a similar delivery to the Parris dismissal but this time Davidson claimed the wicket as Clarke was caught behind.

Bishop was able to stay at the crease to seal the win for the Windies, their first of the tournament, his six brought up the seven-wicket victory in just 19.4 overs.

Wellalage stars again as Sri Lanka cruise to victory over Australia

Australia struggled to build partnerships having been put in to bat by Sri Lanka, their highest stand coming between Campbell Kellaway and Nivethan Radhakrishnan as they put on 46 for the fourth wicket.

Kellaway was Australia’s top scorer with 54 runs from 77 balls as the three-time champions slumped to 175 all out off the final ball of their innings.

The last three wickets fell for eight runs as Wellalage produced his second double-wicket over of the match, as he also claimed his second five-fer of the World Cup.

This time the slow left-armer went for one more run than against Scotland to return figures of five for 28, which sees him five clear in the early race to top the wicket standings.

In reply, Sri Lanka kept above the required run rate but were consistently pegged back by the Australian quicks.

Tom Whitney and William Salzmann took Sri Lanka’s second and third wickets in the space of three balls to reduce them to 41 for three in their chase of 176.

Wellalage again helped to steady the ship, this time with bat in hand, putting on a 70-run partnership with Anjala Bandara, before Bandara was dismissed sending an outside edge into the hands of wicketkeeper Tobias Snell.

Sri Lanka’s captain continued on to his half-century, coming off 69 balls and featuring four fours and one six.

With the Lions requiring just five runs, it seemed that Wellalage would steer the team home but he was dismissed caught and bowled by Whitney and it was left to Raveen De Silva to hit the winning runs as Sri Lanka emerged the only unbeaten team in Group D.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality of today's Pak-Zimb match TV coverage was poor, hopefully next match will have a better coverage .
    Generally match played at bigger center has better facilities and better coverage .

Hope they will have speed gun in next round and not having DRS in a world cup , even at under 19 , is not acceptable.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isnt there any speed gun

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera work in Pakistan game was poor.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Toss: Canada Under 19s who chose to bowl
    Venue: Warner Park, Basseterre
    Umpires: Graeme Labrooy, Asif Yaqoob, Rashid Riaz

England Under 19s - 19/0 5.5/50 ov CRR: 3.25
    Canada Under 19s - To Bat
    ENGu19 Projections: 163 @ Current Run Rate | 284 runs @ 6 RPO | 372 runs @ 8 RPO

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Toss: South Africa Under 19s who chose to bat
    Venue: Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain
    Umpires: Phil Whitticase, Mark Jameson, Sameer Bandekar

South Africa Under 19s - 20/0 5/50 ov CRR: 4.00
    Uganda Under 19s - To Bat
    SAu19 Projections: 200 @ Current Run Rate | 290 runs @ 6 RPO | 380 runs @ 8 RPO

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Toss: Afghanistan Under 19s who chose to bat
    Venue: Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Diego Martin
    Umpires: Denavon Hayles, Rahul Asher, Sarika Prasad

Afghanistan Under 19s - 39/2 6.4/50 ov CRR: 5.85
    Papua New Guinea Under 19s - To Bat
    AFGu19 Projections: 293 @ Current Run Rate | 299 runs @ 6 RPO | 386 runs @ 8 RPO

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  d735e3db-d701-40db-9488-685e5f1fbfdf.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  132.7 KB

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England U19 320/7 (50 overs) vs Canada U19

Afghanistan U19 200 all out (38.2 overs) vs Papua New Guinea U19

South Africa U19 203/5 (45 overs) vs Uganda U19

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa U19 231/9 (50 overs) vs Uganda U19

Papua New Guinea U19 21/2 (8 overs) vs Afghanistan U19 200

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Quality of today's Pak-Zimb match TV coverage was poor, hopefully next match will have a better coverage .
    Generally match played at bigger center has better facilities and better coverage .

Hope they will have speed gun in next round and not having DRS in a world cup , even at under 19 , is not acceptable.
    That wasnt TV coverage it was a stream. The TV match against Afghanistan on Thursday will be in HD

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    AFGU19 200 (38.2)

PNGU19 65 (20.5)

Afghanistan U19 won by 135 runs

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big win by Afghanistan.Ten members of Afghan squad are 16 and 17 year old.Afghanistan’s system must be good to produce so many good players at under 19.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-18 214158.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  70.4 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Big win by Afghanistan.Ten members of Afghan squad are 16 and 17 year old.Afghanistan’s system must be good to produce so many good players at under 19.
    Age situation is a bit dodgy to be honest.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    South Africa Under-19s won by 121 runs

South Africa Under 19s - 231/9 50/50 ov RR: 4.62
    Uganda Under 19s - 110 33.4/50 ov RR: 3.26

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    South Africa’s Dewald Brevis and England’s Tom Prest played captain’s innings to propel their sides to victory at the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup.

Brevis cracked 108 and took the final wicket as South Africa downed Uganda by 121 runs in Trinidad, an emphatic response to their opening Group B defeat at the hands of India.

Prest made 93 at a run-a-ball before chipping in with two wickets to see England to a 106-run victory over Canada, making it back-to-back Group A wins in the process.

In the day’s other game in Trinidad, Afghanistan became the final team to get their tournament underway and rolled Uganda for 65 to prevail by 135 runs.

‘Baby AB’ puts on a show

Having elected to make first use of the Queen’s Park Oval pitch, the young Proteas stuttered and lost openers Ethan-John Cunningham (1) and Valintine Kitime (12) in the powerplay.

That brought Brevis to the crease, with the starlet nicknamed ‘Baby AB’ hoping to build on his fine 65 in a tournament-opening loss to India. He cracked a pair of back-foot boundaries from the second and third balls he faced and pulled medium pacer Yunusu Sowobi dismissively for six in the 13th over.

Brevis’s fast start allowed skipper George Van Heerden to play on the undercard and the pair combined for 74 before the latter pulled a full toss to Fahad Mutagana at 113 for three. Brevis pressed on, scoring heavily behind square on the off side and building a half-century partnership with Kaden Solomon that ended when the keeper-batter was stumped at 166 for four.

Wickets fell around him regularly but with a quick single in the 41st over, Brevis brought up a superb century from 108 balls and lifted his side above 200. The innings petered out somewhat and South Africa lost their last five wickets for 24 runs thanks to seamers Juma Miyagi (3-33) and Pascal Murungi (3-58).

Uganda also found the powerplay overs tough going and left-armer Aphiwe Mnyanda turned the screw early on, castling Ronald Omara in the second over. Mutagana and Isaac Ategeka steadied the ship and got to 33 for one before the former nicked off to Solomon to give Mnyanda another.

That would prove the biggest partnership of the innings as Uganda subsided to 110 all out, losing their last five wickets for 24 runs.

Brevis was the undisputed star of the show with bat and ball, also chipping in with 2-18 and bowling Juma Miyai to take the wicket that sealed victory.

South Africa finish their Group B campaign against Ireland on Friday while Uganda face group leaders India on Saturday.

England show off batting firepower

England only needed to chase down 98 to win their opening game against Bangladesh but could flex their batting muscles when inserted by Canada at Warner Park.

Jacob Bethell (7) was bowled in the seventh over, bringing together George Thomas and captain Tom Prest who immediately took the game to the Canadian bowling attack. Prest was particularly good at picking length and pealed a pair of fours from the final over of the powerplay, which England ended at 48 for one. He also played an inventive scoop off Gurnek Singh for four behind square and brought up his half-century in 58 balls.

Prest lost Thomas midway through the innings when he played a tentative push and missed, bowled for 52 at 116 for two. He was ably supported by James Rew (33) and when the skipper was trapped in front for a run-a-ball 93, the momentum was maintained by William Luxton and George Bell.

The buccaneering pair struck five sixes between them with Bell responsible for three in an eye-catching 57 from just 35 balls. That took England to 320-7 from 50 overs.

England got rid of Canada opener Siddh Lad (5) in the fifth over but were met with firm resistance in the form of a second-wicket stand worth 60.

Keeper-batter Anook Chima made a measured 38 from 65 balls and Yasir Mahmood (25) joined him at the crease for a productive ten overs. Skipper Prest got rid of Mahmood and then four wickets fell for 35 runs as the Canadian run chase floundered.

England were defied by Gurnek Singh, who hit four fours and two sixes, and Ethan Gibson who also played a range of attacking shots in a seventh-wicket stand worth 74. But Josh Boyden took control with the ball and snaffled three of the last four wickets to fall to tear 4-44, his second four-wicket hall in as many games. Canada were only bowled out in the penultimate over, for 214.

Afghanistan excel with bat and ball

Afghanistan, quarter-finals at the last edition of the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup, made a steady start but were rocked by shedding three wickets in four overs inside the powerplay.

Mohammad Ishaq (21) was brilliantly caught by Peter Karoho, Bilal Sayedi (12) was comprehensively bowled and Allah Noor (2) flicked to a fielder as they sank to 40 for three.

The innings hinged on the fourth-wicket stand between captain Suliman Safi and Ijaz Ahmadzai, who took the game away from PNG with a partnership of 105.

They struck a perfect balance between attack and defence and dealt primarily in boundaries, with 44 of Safi’s 62 runs coming from fours and Ahmadzai striking seven fours and a six. They were separated by Katenalaki Singi at 145-4 and his superb spell of 4-18 from five overs helped bowl Afghanistan out for 200 in 38.2 overs.

But PNG, appearing at the event for the eighth time, never looked likely to chase it down and it was downhill from the moment that Karoho was bowled on the first ball of the innings.

The Afghan attack all excelled and emerged with remarkable figures, with Naveed Zadran taking 2-9 from five overs and Nangeyalia Kharote 2-5 from three. With No.8 Aue Oru top-scoring with 13, PNG were dismissed for 65 from 20.5 overs. Next up for Afghanistan is rivals Pakistan on Thursday, who PNG then face on Saturday.

Wednesday 19 January matches

India v Ireland, Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago

Australia v Scotland, Conaree Cricket Center, St Kitts and Nevis

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Current score:

India U19 vs Ireland U19, 15th Match, Group B

Ireland U19 opt to bowl

INDU19 - 109/0 (16)
    CRR: 6.81

Ireland yet to bat

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India U19 are looking good for a big total.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scores at the break

India U19 307/5 (50 overs) vs Ireland U19

Scotland U19 236/8 (50 overs) vs Australia U19

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    India Under-19 skipper Yash Dhull, his deputy Sheikh Rasheed and four of their teammates have tested positive for COVID-19, forcing them out of the Group B World Cup game against Ireland in Tarouba, Trinidad on Wednesday. Apart from Dhull and Rasheed, batter Aaradhya Yadav, Vasu Vats, Manav Parakh, and Siddharth Yadav were also found infected with the virus, because of which India barely managed to field an XI against Ireland.

"Three Indian players had tested positive yesterday and were already isolated. In the morning before match our captain and vice captain also tested positive in Rapid Antigen Test which is not (not considered) conclusive," a BCCI official told PTI.

"So they, as precautionary measure, were pulled out. The players included skipper Yash Dhull and his deputy Shaikh Rasheed. We only had 11 available players and six isolated," the official added.

While skipper Dhull and Rasheed featured in the opening game against South Africa, Aardhya was not part of that game.

Nishant Sindhu led the team in the absence of Dhull.

India are scheduled to take on Uganda on Saturday and it remains to be seen whether that match goes ahead.

Before the tournament, ICC's head of integrity Alex Marshall had stated, that "merely registering a positive PCR test result within a team will not result in the automatic postponement or cancelation of fixtures." "The main principle is to continue playing with appropriate mitigations in place if it is safe, practicable and proportionate to do so," he had said.

NDTV

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

INDIA PLAYER TESTS POSITIVE AT ICC U19 MEN’S CRICKET WORLD CUP

One India player at the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently isolating. Five other India players are also isolating as a precaution pending the results of PCR testing by the official event testing provider.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Australia Under-19s won by 7 wickets

Australia Under 19s - 240/3 39.5/50 ov RR: 6.02
    Scotland Under 19s - 236/8 50/50 ov RR: 4.72

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    India Under-19s won by 174 runs and qualified for the Super League phase.

India Under 19s - 307/5 50/50 ov RR: 6.14
    Ireland Under 19s - 133 39/50 ov RR: 3.41
    Last edited by MenInG; 20th January 2022 at 00:28.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India made it two wins from two at the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup thanks to a brilliant batting performance against Ireland.

The four-time champions made 307 for five from their 50 overs on the way to a 174-run win that puts them top of Group B.

Meanwhile, three-time champions Australia were pushed by an impressive Scotland team but managed to seal a win that marks the perfect response after their defeat to Sri Lanka on Monday.

India show class to defeat Ireland

India followed up Saturday’s 45-run win over South Africa with a comprehensive victory against Ireland at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy in Trinidad and Tobago.

Opener Harnoor Singh set the tone for his team, back to his best form after only scoring a solitary run in the win over South Africa on Saturday.

This time he made 88 before Matthew Humphreys trapped him lbw. However, by that point India were already closing in on 200, helped by Angkrish Raghuvanshi’s 79.

They then set a daunting target of 308 for Tim Tector’s team, who started the tournament with a 39-run over Uganda, to hunt down.

The powerplay proved tricky for Ireland to get a foothold in the match and keep up with the required run rate.

And when spinner Rajvardhan Hangargekar struck in only the third over to send Jack Dickson back to the dressing room, they were left reeling.

Any hopes of a fightback finally went when Joshua Cox’s thick edge was caught at the second attempt by wicketkeeper Dinesh Bana as he headed back to the pavilion for 28.

Ireland were eventually bowled out for 133, Aneeshwar Gautam perhaps the pick of the Men in Blue attack with figures of two for 11 at an economy of 2.75.

India next face Uganda, where a win would see them secure top spot in Group B, while Ireland face South Africa.

Australia’s batters see them through tricky Scotland test

Wednesday’s opening game saw two teams with a point to prove go head-to-head.

Australia sent Scotland in to bat first at the Conaree Cricket Centre, a decision that looked like it might backfire when Scotland’s openers made a positive start.

Charlie Tear and Oliver Davidson took their team beyond 80 before Davidson (33) was run-out.

Wicketkeeper Tear, hit nine boundaries on the way to a half-century, before falling to an Issac Higgins delivery just three overs after his fellow opener departed.

However, Thomas Mackintosh kept up Scotland’s momentum after surviving a close lbw appeal facing his second delivery.

Joined at the crease by Samuel Elstone, Mackintosh found his touch and the pair put on an impressive 71 partnership, before an outside edge from Elstone found Cooper Connolly.

Although some good fielding from William Salzmann saw skipper Charlie Peet run out on his very first delivery, Scotland ended on a respectable 236 for eight.

But their opponents’ response started well, with run-machine Teague Wyllie and Campbell Kellaway attacking the powerplay.

The pair stuck 100 on the scoreboard without loss, before Kellaway (47) departed just shy of a half-century.

That couldn’t stop an impressive Australia chase, with his replacement at the crease Aidan Cahill smashing 72 from 45 balls.

Wyllie (101 not out) reached his century to help complete the job as Australia reached their target with seven wickets remaining.

Despite a third straight loss in the tournament, Scotland will enter the Plate quarter-finals with their confidence boosted after producing their best all-round performance in their final Group D game.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/2455099
    Last edited by Maher96; 20th January 2022 at 03:11.

'If you cant support us when we lose or draw then dont support us when we win"
    Bill Shankly

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    CHIRWA SUSPENDED FROM BOWLING IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET

Zimbabwe’s Victor Chirwa has been suspended from bowling in international cricket with immediate effect after the Event Panel of the ICC Under-19 Men’s Cricket World Cup confirmed that he uses an illegal bowling action. The Event Panel comprised members of the ICC Panel of Human Movement Specialists.

Chirwa was reported by the match officials during Zimbabwe’s match against Papua New Guinea on Saturday. Video footage of him bowling in the event was shared with the Event Panel for review.

The Event Panel concluded that Chirwa employed an illegal bowling action and, as such, in accordance with Article 6.7 of the regulations, he is immediately suspended from bowling in international cricket.