Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Outrage As Muslim Women Listed On App For "Auction" With Pics Again

Outrage As Muslim Women Listed On App For 'Auction' With Pics Again

New Delhi: Complaints about hundreds of Muslim women listed for "auction" on a dodgy app with photographs sourced without permission have triggered a major controversy for the second time in less than a year.

The police in Delhi said they were investigating a case filed by journalist Ismat Ara while Priyanka Chaturvedi, an MP from Maharashtra's ruling Shiv Sena, said a probe had also been launched in Mumbai.

The Mumbai cyber police have begun an investigation into the objectionable content on the app 'Bulli Bai', an official told news agency PTI.

The app appeared to be a clone of Sulli Deals which triggered a row last year by offering users a "Sulli" - a derogatory term used by right-wing social media trolls for Muslim women - calling them "deals of the day".

While there was no real sale involved, the purpose of the app was to degrade, humiliate and harass, some of its targets said.

"The app 'Bulli Bai' works just the same way as 'Sulli Deals' did. Once you open it, you randomly find a Muslim woman's face being displayed as Bulli Bai," a social media user said.

Muslim women with a strong presence on Twitter have been singled out and their photos were listed on the platform once again.

The abuse drew strong condemnation on Twitter.

The app appeared to have been taken down after being posted on the Microsoft-owned software sharing platform GitHub which allows anyone to upload an in-development app.

Removing the Sulli Bai app after complaints last time, GitHub had said, "We suspended user accounts following the investigation of reports of such activity, all of which violate our policies."

According to PTI, two First Information Reports or FIRs were filed by the Delhi and Uttar Pradesh Police in the 'Sulli Deals' controversy last year after photos of Muslim women were misused but no significant action was taken against those responsible.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bull...-ndtv_bigstory

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is the real face of Hindutava, a true shinning India.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The people that are putting these apps up are mentally sick.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Hinduism doesn't promote it nor allows it in the same way that Islam doesn't promote terrorism. These kind of generalization is uncalled for in my opinion.

Debut
    May 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Hinduism doesn't promote it nor allows it in the same way that Islam doesn't promote terrorism. These kind of generalization is uncalled for in my opinion.
    You are quoting Hinduism in reply to Hindutava. Are they same thing?

I thought there was difference between Hinduism and Hindutava.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hindutva doesn’t have anything to do with real Hinduism just like Taliban’s Islam has nothing to do with real Islam

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowThru View Post
    You are quoting Hinduism in reply to Hindutava. Are they same thing?

I thought there was difference between Hinduism and Hindutava.
    In sanskrit, when you add "tva" to any words, it refers to identity of that entity. When you are adding "tva" to the word "hindu", it basically translates in to identity of a Hindu and the ideology.

If someone is using it in a different context, that's a whole another issue but if the language of origin is taken into account which is sanskrit, they point towards the more or less same.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's a vile ideology, what else can people expect.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hindutva belongs in the dustbin of history.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think you are mistaken, I said Hindutava, not Hinduism. I am aware Hinduism does not promote or recognize such things.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    New Delhi: After fury over Muslim women being 'auctioned' by right-wing extremists - for the second time in less than a year - IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw tweeted a terse two lines late Saturday to say the GitHub user behind the 'Bulli Bai' app had been blocked and "further action" was being coordinated.

The brief message was in response to a plea by Shiv Sena MP Priyanka Chaturvedi, who yesterday tagged Mr Vaishnaw asking him to act against "rampant misogyny and communal targeting of women".

"GitHub (the Microsoft-owned software-sharing platform used to build and run the 'Bulli Bai' app) confirmed blocking the user this morning itself. CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team, an office within the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, or MEITY) and police authorities are coordinating further action," Mr Vaishnaw tweeted.

Ms Chaturvedi thanked the minister for his tweet but told him more had to be done.

"Sir, Thank you. With due respect I had shared with you that besides blocking the platform punishing the offenders creating such sites is important. I hope the Home Minister's Office and MEITY will support Mumbai Police to find these culprits and make them as well as platforms accountable."

Mumbai Police have begun a probe at Ms Chaturvedi's request.

Delhi Police have also initiated a case that was filed by journalist Ismat Ara, who was one of several women who found themselves listed for 'auction' on the vile and disgusting application.

The 'Bulli Bai' app appeared to be a clone of 'Sulli Deals', which triggered a massive row last year by offering users a 'sulli' - an insulting term used by right-wing trolls and extremists for Muslim women.

In both cases there was no actual sale involved, but that was hardly the point.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bull...dtv_topstories

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What is more worrying is that there is an atmosphere in India where this sort of abuse of Muslim women is playing out. What sort of impression does it give of the country?

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hindutva are making it easy for people to call them worse them Nazi's. They are only insulting their own ladies here putting them up for sale. Love Jihad didn't get them anywhere not they are moving on to something else.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    What is more worrying is that there is an atmosphere in India where this sort of abuse of Muslim women is playing out. What sort of impression does it give of the country?
    Same impression that more terrorists outfit coming from Muslim countries.

Nothing.

A few bad apples doesn't make an entire community bad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reporting telegram groups where muslim men were fantasizing Hindu women specifically. There are idiots everywhere.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndoorCricket View Post
    I remember reporting telegram groups where muslim men were fantasizing Hindu women specifically. There are idiots everywhere.
    What is telegram groups ?Never heard about them

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is telegram groups ?Never heard about them
    Telegram is a whatsapp like messaging platform from Russia but gaining popularity rapidly. People create groups dedicated to various subjects and share files or apps or pics or movies. It has much higher limitations than whatsapp groups in number of members and is more versatile.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Same impression that more terrorists outfit coming from Muslim countries.

Nothing.

A few bad apples doesn't make an entire community bad.
    We are talking about India, not Muslim countries. Whataboutism only reveals a lack of self identity.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are talking about India, not Muslim countries. Whataboutism only reveals a lack of self identity.
    The same standard applies across the world. Just because it is India, that doesn't mean the global standards will change. You may disagree and that's your personal opinion but that doesn't translate it to deviate from standard.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing new to see here.

India sinking to a new low everyday and the usual suspects out here trying hard to downplay this disgusting act with their whatabouttery.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The same standard applies across the world. Just because it is India, that doesn't mean the global standards will change. You may disagree and that's your personal opinion but that doesn't translate it to deviate from standard.
    Thread is about India, not the rest of the world. But if you can provide evidence that there are similar apps auctioning Muslim women with pics in the rest of the world I guess you may have a point.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread is about India, not the rest of the world. But if you can provide evidence that there are similar apps auctioning Muslim women with pics in the rest of the world I guess you may have a point.
    Your subject in the post was, "What sort of impression does it give of the country"

In this case, the audience will be rest of the world/global audience. Hence, as I've said in my last post, same standard applies as it would be in the case of any other country.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol this guy calls himself atheist if I am not mistaken?, but in every thread he will be the first to jump in and defend hindutva/hinduism.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Your subject in the post was, "What sort of impression does it give of the country"

In this case, the audience will be rest of the world/global audience. Hence, as I've said in my last post, same standard applies as it would be in the case of any other country.
    So if you want to involve the rest of the world, perhaps you can point to apps created in the rest of the world where Muslim women are auctioned on an app with real pictures.

So we know this has happened in India, driven specifically by Hindutva parties (one of which was voted into govt by the majority Hindus) so can you say where else this may have occurred - in the rest of the world.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Lol this guy calls himself atheist if I am not mistaken?, but in every thread he will be the first to jump in and defend hindutva/hinduism.
    Hindus can be atheist and religious as per advice given by Hindu posters on this site.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you want to involve the rest of the world, perhaps you can point to apps created in the rest of the world where Muslim women are auctioned on an app with real pictures.

So we know this has happened in India, driven specifically by Hindutva parties (one of which was voted into govt by the majority Hindus) so can you say where else this may have occurred - in the rest of the world.
    Your post doesn't make any sense to be honest.

You asked, "What sort of impression does it give of the country?"

My assumption was, global audience. Since you are still quoting me, hence for clarification, I'll ask, who is the audience against whom this impression is attributed to?

Your arguments are incoherent as of now. Clarify above and let's have a constructive discussion about it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    In a bizarre incident, the listings of Indian Muslim women for sale have sparked furore in the country. This is the second time such cases have been reported. Six months prior, a website called ‘Sulli Deals’ put up photographs of Indian Muslim women, listing them for “sale”. Now, a similar website and app by the name of ‘Bulli Bai’ has triggered outrage, reported India Today.

The app, which surfaced on software development platform GitHub and reportedly carried pictures of 100 Muslim women, was called out by several women on social media Saturday.

An Indian Muslim journalist Ismat Ara lodged an official complaint about the same. On January 1, Ara brought attention to the issue after sharing a screenshot from the app where she was listed for 'auction.'

"It is very sad that as a Muslim woman you have to start your new year with this sense of fear and disgust," she tweeted. "Of course, it goes without saying that I am not the only one being targeted in this new version of #sullideals. Screenshot sent by a friend this morning."

She then shared screenshots of the FIR she had filed against Bulli Bai and penned, "A complaint has been filed by me with the Cyber Cell of Delhi Police for immediate registration of FIR and consequent action against people behind the auctioning of Muslim women on social media."

Bollywood actors Swara Bhaskar, Farhan Akhtar and Richa Chadha extended support to the Muslim women and lauded Ara for her courage.

"At that point where we’ve to remind ourselves that it’s not okay to sell Muslim women online," Bhaskar tweeted. She went on to add, "Remind ourselves that it’s not kosher to rally and call for genocide! That it’s not okay to disrupt people’s prayers. This is happening in our name, in the name of our Gods. It’s on us!"

She went on to comment, "Vomit worthy people! This is what impunity does. Impunity and total lack of accountability. We are making ourselves monsters!"

In another tweet, Bhaskar lamented, "The world is watching, it’s not a pretty sight but we don’t give a f***!"

The Veere Di Wedding star then extended support to Ara and wrote, "Stand strong Ismat. I’m sorry for what you and others are going through."

Farhan Akhtar expressed his disgust and shared, "This is sickening! Request authorities to take swift and strict action against the people behind this grotesque act."

Chadha, too, lauded Ara and penned, "Ismat, I salute your courage. In solidarity." The Gangs of Wasseypur star retweeted several tweets about the case.

Not just Ara, another Indian Muslim journalist shared that she has been going through the same ordeal.

"Today I visited my grandmother’s grave for the first time since I lost her to Covid. As I sat in the car to go home, concerned friends told me that once again, my pictures were being auctioned off (along with those of other Muslim women) by Modi’s India," Hiba Baig wrote on Twitter.

"You did nothing to stop this the last time, and here it is again. I have censored myself, I hardly speak here anymore, but still, I am being sold online, I’m being made “deals” out of." She went on to tag her school, Columbia School of International Public Affairs (Columbia SIPA) and wrote, "Your student is being sold online, twice in a matter of half a year."

In her last tweet, she directed her attention towards the Hindus in India and added, "When I ask my privileged Hindu friends to speak, I don’t do it out of cautionary plans. I do it because it is screaming in my face." She concluded, "I am not safe in this country. Muslim women like me are not safe in this country. How many online deals will it take for us to see action? Help us."

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2336918...ctioned-online

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Your post doesn't make any sense to be honest.

You asked, "What sort of impression does it give of the country?"

My assumption was, global audience. Since you are still quoting me, hence for clarification, I'll ask, who is the audience against whom this impression is attributed to?

Your arguments are incoherent as of now. Clarify above and let's have a constructive discussion about it.
    I am asking where else in the rest of the world have you seen apps created and marketed where Muslim women are put for sale without their permission. Rest of the world means not India. Is that clear enough for you?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am asking where else in the rest of the world have you seen apps created and marketed where Muslim women are put for sale without their permission. Rest of the world means not India. Is that clear enough for you?
    How does "What sort of impression does it give of the country?" this question translates in to above?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How does "What sort of impression does it give of the country?" this question translates in to above?
    You can answer more than one point, in fact I will make it easy for you, forget about what impression it gives of the country just answer this:

Where else in the rest of the world have you seen apps created and marketed where Muslim women are put for sale without their permission. Rest of the world means not India.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only if they could had used GitHub for something positive, all the potential for hatred ,idiots.

It’s also unfair to ask GitHub to check over every app.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unless GitHub gives the details of the user are we automatically assuming the religion or political connection here?

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it terribly difficult for Hindus to critcize Hindtuva when Hindutva is wrong?

The exhaustive measures taken on to defend Hindutva by Hindus are eye-opening and it is always noticeable when it comes to defending Hindutva treating of Muslims in India.

Distinction between Hindtuva and Hindus is getting thinner by the day.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can answer more than one point, in fact I will make it easy for you, forget about what impression it gives of the country just answer this:

Where else in the rest of the world have you seen apps created and marketed where Muslim women are put for sale without their permission. Rest of the world means not India.
    Github is a library of repository and anyone can make such apps. Unless github provides further details, your original assumption is here say at this point.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Unless GitHub gives the details of the user are we automatically assuming the religion or political connection here?
    Telegram has been worse though. Technically it won't be possible to check every channels that are made but some very shady channels are there. They are reported and banned but again pops up with a different name.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...n-online-india

On January 1, Quratulain Rehbar, a journalist from Indian-administered Kashmir, woke up to see herself listed for an “online auction”. Her photograph was sourced without her permission and uploaded on an app for “sale”.

She was not alone.

Photographs of more than 100 Muslim women, including prominent actress Shabana Azmi, wife of a sitting judge of Delhi High Court, multiple journalists, activists and politicians were displayed on the app for auction as “Bulli Bai” of the day.

Even Fatima Nafees, 65-year-old mother of disappeared student Najeeb Ahmed, and Pakistani Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai were not spared by the perpetrators behind the app.

After last July’s “Sulli Deals“, in which nearly 80 Muslim women were put up “for sale”, “Bulli Bai” was the second such attempt in less than a year.

“Both ‘Bulli’ and ‘Sulli’ are derogatory words used for Muslim women in local slang. However, this time the Punjabi language was used in the ‘Bulli Bai’ interface along with English,” journalist Mohammad Zubair, who works for fact-checking website AltNews, told Al Jazeera.

Rehbar, who had previously reported on the “Sulli Deals” auction in July last year, told Al Jazeera she was shocked to see her photograph on the app.

“When I saw my photograph, my throat got heavy, I had goosebumps on my arms and I was numb. It was shocking and humiliating,” she said.

While there was no real sale involved, the online application – created on Microsoft-owned open software development site GitHub – was, according to Rehbar, intended “to degrade and humiliate vocal Muslim women”.

The app was taken down on Saturday, with victims saying the interface of the GitHub extension on “Bulli Bai” was strikingly similar to the one used by “Sulli Deals”.

By Saturday evening, dozens of other Muslim women began posting their shock and outrage on social media after seeing their photographs and details on the app.

Among them was Ismat Ara, a journalist in the capital, New Delhi.

Ara filed a complaint on Saturday with the Delhi Police against “unknown people” for harassing and insulting Muslim women on social media “using doctored pictures in unacceptable and lewd context”.

Based on her complaint, a first information report (FIR) was registered by Delhi Police’s Cyber Crime Unit on Sunday, invoking various sections of the Indian Penal Code that pertain to promoting enmity on grounds of religion, threatening national integration and sexual harassment of women.

Following another complaint by Sidrah, whose photo also appeared on the app, a police case was also registered in India’s financial capital Mumbai against various Twitter handles and the “Bulli Bai” app developers.

However, Ara said she is not hopeful regarding the police investigation, her fears stemming from the fact that the probe in “Sulli Deals” has seen no arrests made even after six months.

Fatima Zohra Khan, a lawyer based in Mumbai whose name figured in both “Sulli” and “Bulli Bai” deals, had also filed a complaint with Mumbai police last year.

“We got no response from Twitter, GitHub and Go-Daddy [web hosting company] despite Mumbai Police themselves requesting them to reveal data. These websites refuse to share information unless a court warrant is produced,” she told Al Jazeera.

Police officials in New Delhi and Mumbai did not respond to Al Jazeera’s queries on the latest “auction”.

“It is sad to see how these hate-mongers are licensed to target Muslim women without any fear. This is not the first time such an auction has taken place,” said Ara.

“The women who have been targeted are vocal women who raise issues of Muslims on social media. It is a clear conspiracy to shut these Muslim women because we challenge the Hindu right-wing online against their hate crimes,” she added.

During the Muslim festival of Eid al-Fitr last year, a YouTube channel named “Liberal Doge”, shared pictures of Pakistani women in a sexualised video, titled “Eid Special”. It was removed by the company after outrage.

Weeks after the incident, Muslim women were “auctioned” on Twitter under the “Sulli Deals”.

Several Indian parliamentarians have raised the matter with the government, including Priyanka Chaturvedi, based in the western state of Maharashtra, home to Mumbai.

After her tweet calling out India’s IT minister to take “stern action” against “misogynistic and communal targeting of women”, the minister said GitHub had blocked the user responsible for hosting the site and the “police authorities are coordinating further action”.

“Police complaints were registered during the time of ‘Sulli deals’. However, no action was taken. That is the reason why these people feel emboldened,” Chaturvedi told Al Jazeera.

Rehbar said it was “particularly alarming” for Muslim women who are “fighting patriarchy and restrictions” on one hand and “facing such harassment” on the other.

“Often women are asked to remove their pictures from social media and hide. After such attempts to harass Muslim women, it will be difficult for many women to take a stand.”

Rana Ayyub, a Mumbai-based columnist with The Washington Post, told Al Jazeera people are “hailing targeted harassment of women without being identified by law”.

“Bulli Bai takes hate crimes in India to another dangerous level where Muslim women are being virtually violated and made a free-for-all for a bigoted mob,” she said.

“These auctions of women from the minority communities display the moral degradation of India and its constitutional values.”

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Most Hindus do not believe in God as expected by scriptures. I once had a debate with a very famous hindu priest . He kept pushing everything I showed from Hindu scriptures as metaphor , he kept playing that card. Later he told me Vedas is a collection of fabels written by sages thousands of years ago.

I was astounded! How can you talk with someone who himself does not believe his own scriptures!

He told me ( also some other hindus I had talk with ) , that Hinduism is not a religion but way of life , you can follow whatever you want.

So , I asked if a Muslim , Jew , Christian etc wants to become a hindu , and asks a hindu how to become a hindu or follow hinduism , what they need to do , should he go and start doing whatever they want ?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most Hindus do not believe in God as expected by scriptures. I once had a debate with a very famous hindu priest . He kept pushing everything I showed from Hindu scriptures as metaphor , he kept playing that card. Later he told me Vedas is a collection of fabels written by sages thousands of years ago.

I was astounded! How can you talk with someone who himself does not believe his own scriptures!

He told me ( also some other hindus I had talk with ) , that Hinduism is not a religion but way of life , you can follow whatever you want.

So , I asked if a Muslim , Jew , Christian etc wants to become a hindu , and asks a hindu how to become a hindu or follow hinduism , what they need to do , should he go and start doing whatever they want ?
    You'll be confused if you go deeper.

Hinduism has both monotheistic and polytheistic ideology. Most monotheistic ideology forbids idol worship (it's like a sin). Some sects don't even attend celebration or funerals if those people arranging or the man who died worshipped idols.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following video is about an modern Indian Muslim girl whose name was in the list of the recent Bulli Bai list. As she pointed out that it is not frightening that her and other girls name have appeared in the list, the frightening part is that no action is being taken and culprit is not brought under the law after this or previous crime.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its worrying India as a nation has a terrible reputation towards abuse against women. This is just another example but here its a mix of abusing women from a religion who they also like to abuse.

Its only going to get worse for Muslims esp Muslim women in India. Muslim men in India should be more aware and try to protect the females as best they can.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a growing number of people around the world who need help.

Surely things have never been this bad when it comes to the number of idiots we see.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Surely things have never been this bad when it comes to the number of idiots we see.
    These idiots are inspired by a leader of a nation and his members.

As the world becomes more difficult extremist and selfish mindsets will prevail all over the world. Lets hope there is no economic crash soon, it will change people forever.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

I disagree. The atrocities of past were more severe with lesser number of people in the society.

With increase in number of people in everywhere, if same intensity did persist, it would have been chaos in every society.

There will be people with ill intention in every society, every country, every community. But things are much better than the past with strict regulations in place that all communities have learnt from past.

I remain optimistic.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian Muslim's hate Pakistan/is because they feel left behind. They feel the reason for their endless suffering and humiliation is the creation of Pakistan. On social media they run after Pakistanis trying to befriend us yet are mostly ignored that further upsets them. So many times I have heard them moan to me "why do you ignore us?". They suffer from a massive Pak complex make no mistake about this at all. If Pakistanis are hypocrites then Indian Muslim's are a zillion times worse. We just saw their great Salman Khan dancing in Saudi recently off all places then most of them openly marry non Muslim's or have illicit relations with them. The Hindutva family will continue to mock them because they can. Adityanath and his cronies are saying the next generation of Hindu's will be born out of Indian Muslim women. Them annoying lot hating on Pakistan to prove their loyalty to India is no longer enough to save them from Hinddutva fascism.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Deplorable Bulli Bai App, Bengaluru Student Arrested

Mumbai Police have arrested Vishal Jha in Bengaluru. He was brought to Mumbai yesterday and is now being questioned.

Mumbai: An engineering student has been arrested in the Bulli Bai case in which Muslim women vocal on political social issues were put on an online 'auction'.
    Mumbai Police detained Vishal Jha in Bengaluru. He was brought to Mumbai yesterday and is now being questioned.

Another individual detained by Mumbai Police in this connection is also being questioned now.

Police said the arrested youth is a co-accused in the matter and was in touch with the prime accused.

The matter came to light on January 1 as several Muslim women found themselves on 'auction' on the vile app. The app hosted by the GitHub platform had used their photographs, many of them doctored.

The targets included women vocal on burning political and social issues, spanning age groups. Prominent journalists, activists and lawyers were among those listed for 'auction' in the disgusting app.

The egregious app appeared to be a clone of 'Sulli Deals', which had triggered a row last year by offering users a 'sulli' - an insulting term used by right-wing trolls for Muslim women. That too was hosted by GitHub.

Police have said the app has no connection to Sikhs but the accused allegedly made it look as if it was linked to Khalistani groups.

Several Opposition leaders, including Congress' Rahul Gandhi and Shiv Sena MP Priyanka Chaturvedi had spoken out on the issue, urging the government to crack down on the platform and bring those behind it to justice.

IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has said the GitHub user behind the app had been blocked and "further action" was being coordinated. Mumbai police have registered a case, Delhi Police is looking into the matter and the Delhi Commission for Women has issued a notice to police officers.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bull...ndtv_topscroll

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Github is a library of repository and anyone can make such apps. Unless github provides further details, your original assumption is here say at this point.
    The women are real, they are Muslims and in India. Not anywhere else. You can't pass that off as hearsay. It's happening in India, and that tells a story about India and the direction they are headed under the hindutva ideology.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pakistan strongly condemned on Tuesday the displaying of Muslim women's photographs for fake online auction on a website in India, terming it "despicable and totally unacceptable", and urged the international community to play its parts in stopping the "rising xenophobia and Islamophobia" in the neighbouring country.

Photographs of more than 100 prominent Muslim women, including journalists, activists, film stars and artists, were displayed last weekend without their permission on a website named Bulli Bai — a derogatory slang for Indian Muslims — for sale through fake auction.

The website was hosted on GitHub, a San Francisco-based coding platform, and taken down within 24 hours. The Indian police have arrested a man who was allegedly behind the fake auction.

Though there was no real sale involved, the Muslim women listed on the website said the auction was intended to humiliate them, many of whom have been vocal about rising Hindu nationalism in India and some of the policies of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The Foreign Office in Islamabad denounced the act in a statement issued on Tuesday, saying that "Pakistan strongly condemns the despicable and totally unacceptable harassment and insult of Muslim women on the internet and purpose-built online application in India."

"In a completely obnoxious and repugnant act, aimed at humiliating, harassing and insulting Muslim women, their doctored images have been placed on the internet application with outrageous captions for 'auction'," the statement said, adding that "hate-mongering followers of such applications attacked the dignity of nearly 100 influential Muslim women by 'bidding' on them with deeply offensive remarks."

The FO said this was the "newest low in the violent streak of hate attacks against minorities in India whereby cyberspace — with purpose-built online platform(s) and social media — has been used yet again, to demean and harass women, particularly Muslim women, [so as] to create a feeling of fear and shame amongst the Muslim community".

"These horrifying occurrences have left Muslim women traumatised and in deep fear," it added.

The FO further stated that under the "Hindutva-inspired BJP-RSS combine dispensation" in New Delhi, space for minorities, particularly Muslims, continued to shrink in India.

"It is reprehensible that no action has been taken against the perpetrators of [a] similar abhorrent act six months ago," wherein the photographs of dozens of influential Muslim women were put up on a social media platform, the FO said.

It was referring to Sulli Deals, another app on GitHub on which photos of hundreds of Muslim women were uploaded on July 4 for fake auction.

"Deafening silence of the BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) leadership and absence of discernible action against ‘Hindutva’ proponents openly calling for genocide of Muslims should send alarm bells across the international community about the gross and systematic human rights violations of minorities, particularly Muslims, in India," the FO said.

It added that Pakistan was reiterating its calls on the international community, particularly the UN and relevant international human rights and humanitarian organisatins, to fulfill their responsibilities to "stop the rising xenophobia, Islamophobia and violent attacks against minorities in India and ensure their safety, security and well-being".

DAWN

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The women are real, they are Muslims and in India. Not anywhere else. You can't pass that off as hearsay. It's happening in India, and that tells a story about India and the direction they are headed under the hindutva ideology.
    Impression based upon some isolated incident is what you may do and that's your prerogative.

For the rest of the audience, I'll leave it to them.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hindu, Christian, Islam, or any religion in the whole world promotes misbehaving with women or a different race. It's the dirtiness of the human mind who does that.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    A teenage girl is into all this stuff. WTH
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th January 2022 at 22:22.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWarHorse View Post
    An effing teenage girl is into all this s##t. WTH
    It could had been a infamous shining moment like Facemash for Zuckerberg but it will end up as a Kevin Spacey or Cosby moment for her ,shunned by tech forever and rightly so(if charged).

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this app has been removed. Soon the Hindutva gang will start some other one. Nothing to worry about when their government supports them.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Mumbai: Mumbai cyber police have arrested one more student from Uttarakhand in connection with the 'Bulli Bai' app case, an official said on Wednesday.
    The student, identified as Mayank Rawal (21), was arrested from the northern state in the early hours of Wednesday, the official said.

The cyber cell of Mumbai police had earlier arrested Shweta Singh (19), alleged to be the main culprit, from Uttarakhand, and engineering student Vishal Kumar Jha (21) from Bengaluru in connection with the case.

The Mumbai police had registered a First Information Report (FIR) against unidentified persons following complaints that doctored photographs of hundreds of Muslim women were uploaded for ‘auction' on the app called `Bulli Bai', hosted on the open-source software platform GitHub.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has come a similar account on telegram dehumanising Hindu ladies by selling them as well. Hindu people only have themselves to blame here for starting all of this. As I said a few days before a reaction by Indian Muslim's in natural. It is said that this anti Hindu ladies app originates from the UAE and is still very much active.

Note how Modi did not say a word to condemn the anti Muslim app now lets see if he has the guts to defend his own coreligionists. Told you guys Modi will be great for Pak, the ISI must be happy as Larry seeing all that is happening in India as one Indian general recently said.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 5th January 2022 at 11:41.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The issue isnt about muslims or hindus fanatizing about girls of other religion.

The issue here is the political bigotry that we have seen from bjp.

Using words like suli for women of a particular religious group and calling them the deal of the day is what the issue is.

When the govt in power itself is saying that these are the girls we should be going after to fullfill their fantasies, that only gices a boost to the minds of people who follow these political parties.

India is already known for the rapes that happened and how indian men harrass women. I have seen it from my own eyes. When the govt makes such statements aswell than the end result is this...

Some might claim that this was just a prank and in the background like in apps like telegram much worse goes on. Yess that might be true to some extent. But there is a difference between doing something in a watsapp group and making a dedicated app.

By making a dedicated app to sell women of a psrticular religion, this shows that the youth doesnt fear the govt or the law enforcement authorities. This shows that as thry know their own govt hates a particular group and uses words likr sulli or ohrases like deal of the day, so lets now all of us indulge in such activities aswell.

Issue isnt about religion aswell. I dont care if the app is about hindu women or muslim women. Most of the people in this thread probably care about the fact that its anti muslim nothing else.... Some are even bashing the hindu religion or hinduism which is just nonsense. We have a hindu community living in Pakistan, they are not involved in such controversies so how is this a Hindu religion problem.

For me this is an anti women app and it again protrays how dangerous life is for females living in india.

The first and only PM of Pakistan to lose the peoples confidence = Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Indian Muslim's hate Pakistan/is because they feel left behind. They feel the reason for their endless suffering and humiliation is the creation of Pakistan. On social media they run after Pakistanis trying to befriend us yet are mostly ignored that further upsets them. So many times I have heard them moan to me "why do you ignore us?". They suffer from a massive Pak complex make no mistake about this at all. If Pakistanis are hypocrites then Indian Muslim's are a zillion times worse. We just saw their great Salman Khan dancing in Saudi recently off all places then most of them openly marry non Muslim's or have illicit relations with them. The Hindutva family will continue to mock them because they can. Adityanath and his cronies are saying the next generation of Hindu's will be born out of Indian Muslim women. Them annoying lot hating on Pakistan to prove their loyalty to India is no longer enough to save them from Hinddutva fascism.
    ???

You seem to have an issue with Muslims not coming to Pakistan. Do you think it was that easy for people to live behind their assets and move to another country just because they were muslims? Even the influx of jews towards Israel didn't happen in a few days, but it took years.

I have seen over the years that Pakistanis have this false belief that an Indian Muslim celebrity is more inclined towards Pakistan than towards India due to being Muslim. But thats just in our brains. An Indian Muslim will always be supportive of his country which is India.

Just because you contacted a few Indian Muslims on facebook doesnt mean zilch.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    ???

You seem to have an issue with Muslims not coming to Pakistan. Do you think it was that easy for people to live behind their assets and move to another country just because they were muslims? Even the influx of jews towards Israel didn't happen in a few days, but it took years.

I have seen over the years that Pakistanis have this false belief that an Indian Muslim celebrity is more inclined towards Pakistan than towards India due to being Muslim. But thats just in our brains. An Indian Muslim will always be supportive of his country which is India.

Actually he is not completely wrong. A section specially in UP and Bihar has been indeed inclined towards Pakistan till mid 90s (extended hangover of partition) but the numbers have reduced drastically over the decades. By and large Indian Muslims just like any other Indian is more invested in their local setup developments and issues.

There is however this wrong notion that Pakistani muslims are better off financially than Indian Muslims which I am not very sure about. Had there been a massive economic disparity, significant numbers would have migrated to Pakistan which did not happen.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    After an 18-year-old woman was arrested by the Mumbai police in connection with the Bulli Bai app controversy, veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar expressed his views on the same, urging people to forgive her as the young girl reportedly lost her parents to cancer and COVID-19 recently.

Mr Akhtar, who has been actively sharing his opinions on the case, took to his Twitter handle on Wednesday to ask netizens to show compassion and forgive the girl.

He tweeted, "If " bully bai" was really masterminded by an 18 year old girl who has recently lost her parents to cancer n Corona I think the women or some of them meet her and like kind elders make her understand that why what ever she did was wrong . Show her compassion and forgive her."

For the unversed, on Tuesday, Mr Akhtar had slammed a section of social media users who questioned the honour of his great-great-grandfather Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi after he questioned PM Modi and raised his voice against the ongoing 'Bulli Bai' controversy.

The controversy erupted when photos of hundreds of Muslim women were collected from their social media accounts and were uploaded on an app and it would then encourage people to participate in their auction.

Meanwhile, apart from the 18-year-old woman, a 21-year-old engineering student was also held in Bengaluru in a raid by a Mumbai Police team in connection with the 'Bulli Bai' row.

Another person whose identity has not been disclosed yet was also arrested on Wednesday in the same case.

NDTV

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    After an 18-year-old woman was arrested by the Mumbai police in connection with the Bulli Bai app controversy, veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar expressed his views on the same, urging people to forgive her as the young girl reportedly lost her parents to cancer and COVID-19 recently.

Mr Akhtar, who has been actively sharing his opinions on the case, took to his Twitter handle on Wednesday to ask netizens to show compassion and forgive the girl.

He tweeted, "If " bully bai" was really masterminded by an 18 year old girl who has recently lost her parents to cancer n Corona I think the women or some of them meet her and like kind elders make her understand that why what ever she did was wrong . Show her compassion and forgive her."

For the unversed, on Tuesday, Mr Akhtar had slammed a section of social media users who questioned the honour of his great-great-grandfather Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi after he questioned PM Modi and raised his voice against the ongoing 'Bulli Bai' controversy.

The controversy erupted when photos of hundreds of Muslim women were collected from their social media accounts and were uploaded on an app and it would then encourage people to participate in their auction.

Meanwhile, apart from the 18-year-old woman, a 21-year-old engineering student was also held in Bengaluru in a raid by a Mumbai Police team in connection with the 'Bulli Bai' row.

Another person whose identity has not been disclosed yet was also arrested on Wednesday in the same case.

NDTV

I agree, forgive her, but there should be questions asked as to why a teenager feels Indian society needed such a message in the first place? It seems to the outsider that when politicians can make derogatory comments about some sections of society, then is it a surprise when youngsters are drawn in? That is of course assuming she worked alone and was not just the face put forward to protect someone else.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    Hindu, Christian, Islam, or any religion in the whole world promotes misbehaving with women or a different race. It's the dirtiness of the human mind who does that.
    Firstly I did not say Hinduism , I said Hindutva.

Secondly can you give example of where Islam promotes Misbehaving with women?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You'll be confused if you go deeper.

Hinduism has both monotheistic and polytheistic ideology. Most monotheistic ideology forbids idol worship (it's like a sin). Some sects don't even attend celebration or funerals if those people arranging or the man who died worshipped idols.
    So , that is what I said in my post if a Hindu himself is confused, then he would not have the answer.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only that, these RSS trolls use fake Sikh names, to incite Sikh Muslim hatred.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  image.png.b058d4738fd682f27150206b06e581b4.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  15.2 KB

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    ???

Wrong. I have a problem with them hating Pakistan and doing whatever it takes to belittle us when they are treated like excrement in their own country. I am glad they didn't come to Pak for the simple reason that we didn't and don't have the land mass or resources to take them in.

You have seen wrongly! No Pakistani claims Indian Muslim's as being our own. It is them who keep telling us about their roots being from Lahore or Peshawar. It matters nothing today and never will in the future. By all means love India only don't expect sympathy from Pakistanis when they are being humiliated and tormented by their own people. Pak non Muslim's are my own people where as Indian Muslim's are not and never will be.

I have never contacted them rather read many of their comments on social media.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Wrong. I have a problem with them hating Pakistan and doing whatever it takes to belittle us when they are treated like excrement in their own country. I am glad they didn't come to Pak for the simple reason that we didn't and don't have the land mass or resources to take them in.

You have seen wrongly! No Pakistani claims Indian Muslim's as being our own. It is them who keep telling us about their roots being from Lahore or Peshawar. It matters nothing today and never will in the future. By all means love India only don't expect sympathy from Pakistanis when they are being humiliated and tormented by their own people. Pak non Muslim's are my own people where as Indian Muslim's are not and never will be.

I have never contacted them rather read many of their comments on social media.
    Your post in this thread fully shows that you have issue with them not moving to pakistan. You can pretend all you want but judging salman khan on how he lives his life just shows how bothered you are.

Just on the bases of reading social media posts you are making these assumptions on this thread

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    On New Year's day, Kashmir resident and journalist Quratulain Rehbar got a frantic phone call from a friend living in Delhi. She spoke in a low voice and cried. She had seen a screenshot of the Bulli Bai app listings doing the rounds and found Rehbar's name and photograph on it. "She couldn't believe her eyes when she found me on the app. I was travelling back home at the time and didn't say to her anything. At home, I avoided family members for a few hours. I wasn't able to process what had just happened,” Rehbar tells Outlook.

“To be honest, I wasn't hurt. I was numb. I had never thought I'll ever be in any sort of controversy. I maintain a very low profile and have always wanted to just focus on my work,” says Rehbar.

Her photograph is among those of more than 100 Muslim women that were displayed on an app called 'Bulli Bai'. The women were put up on "sale" on the app for a fake online auction.

In July last year, a similar app named "Sulli Deals" had surfaced which put up 80 Muslim women for "auction". Despite FIRs and outrage at the time, “Bulli Bai” seems to be a second such attempt to malign prominent Muslim women in India, including journalists and activists. Both ‘Bulli’ and ‘Sulli’ are derogatory words used for Muslim women in local slang.

Rehbar, who had previously reported on the “Sulli Deals” auction in July last year, tells Outlook, “This time I decided to talk about it because I heard few more names from Kashmir had been added to the list. I wanted to ensure the victims knew that there is no shame or disgrace. We are strong and we will fight back.”

Rehbar adds that she wanted to send a "strong message" to the perpetrators. "I will not let them use my identity as a Muslim to silence me," she says.

The journalist adds that she was wary of speaking to the media because she did not want to be the centre of attention. "But I think now everyone knows about it and it's unavoidable," she adds.

Trolling and online abuse on social media is not new to Rehbar and other Kashmiri journalists like her who often have to face a polarised and hostile environment online despite being prominent in their own fields. The incidents, however, have had an impact on her social media usage as well.

"I've deleted my Instagram for some time and minimised using Twitter," Rehbar says. However, as a journalist, Rehbar feels she has a responsibility toward other women. "I feel there are women who need hope. Even if I wasn't on the list, I would have written about it again,” says Rehbar.

Yet another journalist from Kashmir, Ruwa Shah says she had to Google "Bulli Bai" to find out what happened two days when a friend from Kashmir called her and informed her she was on the list. “She said she was sorry that my name was on the list. I said, what list? She said Bulli Deals and I had to Google it to see what is going on as I away from social media from some time,” says Shah. “I was depressed about it and then I tweeted about. I wrote, I have become news," Shah recalls.

The journalist says she is not new to trolling but the "Bulli App" was shocking and depressing. “I was doing an online show earlier. I was being trolled like anything. The trolls would abuse me and my family members. Some accounts would first express sympathy and then start trolling. But I would never pay attention to it,” she says.

“I thought trolling is common to Kashmiris. We suffer so much in our real life that we don’t give too much attention to the trolling. But after "Bulli Deals" controversy, I have realised it is depressing and shocking and also threatening,” says Shah. The journalist says her picture which they had put on the list was never her display picture in her social media accounts. “It is my author profile picture which goes with the stories I write as a freelancer".

Another Kashmiri journalist, whose name is on the list, says, "I sent a solidarity message to one of the victims of online auction and in turn got to know my name and picture was also on it. It was just three days ago. She wasn't sure though. Then I contacted another friend who helped me and sent me the screenshots to confirm that it indeed was me,” she tells Outlook on condition on anonymity.

After several run-ins with the right-wing troll factory, the scribe says she wasn't surprised to find her name on the app. "But I have not been very active on social media lately so I wonder what I did to be on the "list". They needed a Muslim name and here I was," she says adding that after so much trolling, one develops a thick skin for even such "horrid things".

She says she had to shut down her social media accounts many times previously just because “right-wing trolls and people associated with the ruling party” don't like what she writes on social media or otherwise.

As a Kashmiri Muslim, the journalist felt that women here were facing a double-edged sword where even security forces don't appear to be of help. In 2020, during the peak of the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, one of her social media posts attracted trolling for months. “I did not delete pictures, but yes, I have slowed down. It takes a toll on you ultimately and you ask yourself: is it all worth it? I mean, all this affects your family also and they fear for your safety. So at times, you just take a step back and go away from the online madness to regain those bits of sanity for your own peace,” she adds.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...nalists/408534

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Neeraj Bishnoi prime suspect has been caught , surprising to see VIT in Bhopal .. no wonder VIT is not as valued now.

VIT has suspended him as well, his career is done.
    Last edited by JaDed; 7th January 2022 at 02:09.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Modi, there are too many of them in India now.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Sulli Deals" Muslim Women 'Auction' App Creator Arrested In Indore: Police

The 'Sulli Deals' App, which was launched last year, had listed Muslim women for 'auction' with photographs sourced without permission and doctored.

Delhi Police today arrested a Madhya Pradesh man who is the alleged creator of the application 'Sulli Deals'. This is the first arrest made in the "Sulli Deals" app case.

The app, which was launched last year, had listed Muslim women for 'auction' with photographs sourced without permission and doctored.

'Sulli Deals' and the recently created 'Bulli Bai' applications allegedly uploaded photos of Muslim women without their consent and inappropriate remarks were passed against them. Both the apps used the hosting platform 'GitHub' to auction the stolen photos.

The accused, Aumkareshwar Thakur, was apprehended by the Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations (IFSO) of Delhi Police in Madhya Pradesh's Indore.

"Om Thakur has been arrested from Indore. He is the main mastermind behind the Sulli deal app case," said KPS Malhotra, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Intelligence Fusion and Strategic Operations Unit, Delhi Police Special Cell.

Thakur, 26, did his BCA from IPS Academy in Indore and is a resident of Newyork City Township, they said.

Police said that Thakur developed the code for the 'Sulli Deals' on GitHub and shared the app on Twitter.

In January 2020, Thakur had joined a group called 'Trade Mahasabha' using the Twitter handle 'gangescion'. The group members would often discuss how to troll Muslim women, police said.

After the application 'Sulli Deals' was created, the members from this Twitter group allegedly uploaded photos of several Muslim women, including prominent personalities.

Thakur had deleted all his social media accounts after the app hit the headlines recently. Police are questioning him and scanning through the gadgets they found on him.

Police identified and arrested Thakur on the basis of the inputs they received during the questioning of 'Bulli Bai' app creator Niraj Bishnoi. Other than Bishnoi, three other accused have also been arrested in the Bulli Bai app case.

— — —

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    first they said it was a young girl, thn they said it was a khalistani sikh, now they said its a hindu man .....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly I did not say Hinduism , I said Hindutva.

Secondly can you give example of where Islam promotes Misbehaving with women?
    Typing mistake I wanted to say "don't"

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    first they said it was a young girl, thn they said it was a khalistani sikh, now they said its a hindu man .....
    Just trying to dilute the story by dragging it out as long as they can, then they will brush under the carpet until the next instalment pops up.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tera Gawaandi View Post
    Not only that, these RSS trolls use fake Sikh names, to incite Sikh Muslim hatred.
    RSS has no morals , they can stoop to any level. They were original bootlickers of british.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused denied bail, court says his act ‘affront to dignity of women of particular community’

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...ected-7723274/

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After bulli deals, come next 'Clubhouse chat', one after another the distorted mentality of educated Indian youths are coming out