Ramiz Raja proposes an annual Quadrangular T20I Series between India, Pakistan, England & Australia

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Ramiz Raja proposes an annual Quadrangular T20I Series between India, Pakistan, England & Australia

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ramiz Raja is set to propose an annual quadrangular Twenty20 series involving India, Pakistan, England and Australia in a bid to get India and Pakistan playing regular international cricket matches against each other.

The former Pakistan batter has also urged any Australian players weighing up whether to participate in the upcoming tour of the nation to appreciate the emotional impact they will have on Pakistani cricket fans by touring, promising a “grand spectacle” for the cricket world.

Australia are due to visit Pakistan for three Tests, three one day internationals and one T20 international starting in early March. Cricket Australia are committed to the tour going ahead; the first visit of the Aussie side to the country since 1998.

Raja, a veteran of 57 Tests and 1992 World Cup winner, says there is huge anticipation in Pakistan ahead of the Australian tour, and that he has been heartened by recent comments from Pakistan-born Aussie batter Usman Khawaja as he privately urges teammates to travel to Pakistan.

“There’s a lot of excitement,” Raja says.

“You’ve got to understand what it means to Pakistani fans. We’ll make sure that we make it into a grand spectacle as well.

“Some of the comments coming out of Australia, they are very encouraging for us. I heard what Usman Khawaja had to say. You’ve got to understand the emotions behind such a tour.

“A young Australian cricketer may not understand the value that he’ll bring by touring Pakistan.”

Raja added that the PCB are keen to make sure a balance is struck between protecting the tourists and allowing them to enjoy his country, saying that players would have access to dine in restaurants and play golf.

“We’ve got to set it up quite nicely, make sure that from a security point of view we don’t miss anything,” Raja says.

“And we don’t want to have an overwhelming security setup as well. It’s important for the Australian team to feel completely at home, at ease.

“[My message for hesitant players is] come! It’s a different part of the world, our team is doing extremely well, it will be a very competitive series, we’ll make sure we have the home advantage, don’t worry about that. It’ll be a learning curve from the Australian youngsters’ point of view as well.”

Raja says pitches for the Tests will have a “subcontinent flavour” but not “extravagantly in favour of the home side,” adding that he wants to see matches reach day five in front of full houses.

“They’ll be good, competitive pitches.”

Amid longstanding tensions between India and Pakistan, the two countries have not met in a bilateral series in almost a decade.

But Raja says he plans to raise the idea of a quadrangular tournament at the next ICC meeting as a stepping stone towards more regular cricket between the rivals.

“It’s not going to happen right now, but who knows,” Raja says. “I have a good mind of proposing a rugby Six Nations-style series that they have a cricket series, a T20 international series outside the FTP [Future Tours Programme] where Australia, England, India and Pakistan can play. Four sides.

“I was thinking of maybe introducing this concept at the ICC meeting.

“If India and Pakistan are not willing to play bilaterally, involve them in a four nation [event], and so every year this tournament could go to England, Australia, Pakistan and India and take it from there.

“I will [propose it], definitely I will. So this is breaking news.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/cricke...e5d7a1ffcc1dd3
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th January 2022 at 13:50.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see this but doubt it will happen.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a stupid idea? So other boards will just let it happen at their expense carving out more of India’s time out of FTC for them.
    The deep obsession of Ramiz to have bilateral ties continues.I wonder why?

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one in the long line of PCB bosses wanting to play India. Also, the PCB's obsession with T20 continues.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why oh why this obsession of playing India?.It is not going to happen anyway.All Pakistan fans should start trolling Ramiz for making such suggestions.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Nov 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If 2 boards decide to organize bilaterals, home and away, all 4 boards will earn maximum in that scenario as each game will have at least 1 home team.

Why will they go for scenario where overall collection itself is reduced and thus reducing share of each board?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the outrage comes, he clearly stated:

"It’s not going to happen right now, but who knows,”

This is just an idea for tbe future and he acknowledged it's not going to happen currently.

So please calm down.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace India with New Zealand and it seems like a very good idea.

It can be a good tournament but that won't happen with the franchise leagues and all that.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every year will be serious overkill. Will become sleep inducing cure for insomnia by year 3

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    Replace India with New Zealand and it seems like a very good idea.

It can be a good tournament but that won't happen with the franchise leagues and all that.
    What is the obsession with playing India from the PCB bosses? Why is it not SL, NZ, SA, WI, BD along with Eng and Aus? He seems to have ignored all the non Big3.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by U$ofA View Post
    What is the obsession with playing India from the PCB bosses? Why is it not SL, NZ, SA, WI, BD along with Eng and Aus? He seems to have ignored all the non Big3.
    Every board is out there to survive.

Obviously, Ramiz wants a Big 4, and isolate the other boards. It’s what NZ, SA, SL and WI would do if they had the opportunity.

CSA releases their main players mid series vs Pakistan for the IPL, but can’t release players from their domestic season to play in the PSL. This has nothing to do with the OP, but if CSA really cared about us, they would’ve released their players for the PSL like they did with the IPL.

CSA will take money from the big 3 and will turn their backs on the rest. So, why shouldn’t PCB try to do the same?

Bring Back Umar Akmal

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ramiz is being oversmart here but he's at least trying

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea but I doubt it will happen anytime soon

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone criticizing ramiz needs to understand the long term vision, Pakistan is starting to stabilize, countries are starting to come to visit pakistan, if aus , eng and nz visit in the near future then it will probably be job done in terms of binging cricket back home.

The next step is pak vs india, the amount of money the games would generate would eclipse either of the tours mentioned above therefore he has to go after it. The non big 3 would all dot he same if they were in the same position seems pak is the only one that gets hate from their own fans when doing it.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His suggestion maybe good, but at the same time flawed as India will never entertain such an idea as long as Modi and the right wing gov in India is in power. Not going to happen so there was no need to even suggest it. Makes PCB and Ramiz sound desperate wanting to play India.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why T20’s I hate them. He can say ODI’s.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no harm in trying it. It would make for a fun little tournament between these 4 teams. It likely wouldn't happen anyways but who knows, maybe it's a nice money making idea for ICC to consider.

India under Modi will never do a bilateral series with Pakistan but under the pretense of an ICC event would be different.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB is not accept the reality.There is not going to be any bilateral series between Pakistan and India for decades.PCB statements will be construed by India as desperation.PCB is embarrassing and insulting Pakistani people.Pakistan cricket will flourish without playing India.India did it’s best against PSL but failed.PSL is getting stronger and stronger.The news domestic structure is raising the quality of cricket.PCB needs to prepare good pitches,hire good coaches and select players on merit.Other teams will want to play Pakistan when Pakistan team becomes world class.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as international matches are concerned, India’s priority seems like test cricket followed by ODIs. I don't think they are bothered by international T20s.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    India will try to torpedo anything that is financially beneficial to Pakistan Cricket. Full marks to RR for trying and doing something rather than twindling on his thumbs tho.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    1% chance of this happening I reckon.

To even suggest it is surprising unless Ramiz knows something that we don't.

Even if the BCCI was up for this, there is no way their government will allow it to happen.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ramiz trying to gate crash into the Big 3 party - will only end in tears.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, a poor idea:
    1. Making strong boards even stronger at the expense of the global game. Maybe smart in the short run but in the long run, Pakistan will get shafted again by the big 3. Who wants to share power?
    2. Rather than bringing cricket world together, which I’d argue a role Pakistan can play, Pakistan is trying to further divide the cricket world. While one can argue everyone has to look out for themselves, please see point 1 above.
    3. It’s not going to happen. In addition, just proposing it will weaken Pakistan with all boards outside the top 3. Which means a net loss of all the goodwill and possible tours.
    4. T20s? Seriously?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so comical.

Revenues to be shared with all ICC members? But why?

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, a poor idea:
    1. Making strong boards even stronger at the expense of the global game. Maybe smart in the short run but in the long run, Pakistan will get shafted again by the big 3. Who wants to share power?
    2. Rather than bringing cricket world together, which I’d argue a role Pakistan can play, Pakistan is trying to further divide the cricket world. While one can argue everyone has to look out for themselves, please see point 1 above.
    3. It’s not going to happen. In addition, just proposing it will weaken Pakistan with all boards outside the top 3. Which means a net loss of all the goodwill and possible tours.
    4. Announce on Twitter rather than talk to the boards deliberately, build a financial and Cricket case, bring everyone along, gather momentum for the idea quietly over time like a leader would do. Well not Rameez.
    4. T20s? Seriously?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Why oh why this obsession of playing India?.It is not going to happen anyway.All Pakistan fans should start trolling Ramiz for making such suggestions.
    Ramiz knows the state of $$$ in cricket better than anyone on this forum and clearly we are missing out on massive amounts of funding by not playing India. Despite how stupid this idea seems to us at least he's trying to do something for Pakistan cricket rather than giving in.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This needs to be done by ECB or CA, not PCB

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not with South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies and Bangladesh who actually came forward and helped PCB big time by reviving international cricket tours to Pakistan ?

Why with India, Australia and England, who wants nothing to do with you, haven't toured you in god knows how long and have abruptly cancelled their last tour respectively?

And the answer to my question is the exactly the reason why the whole "Big3 iz bad" slander is laughworthy and hypocritical to the brim.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB is not accept the reality.There is not going to be any bilateral series between Pakistan and India for decades.PCB statements will be construed by India as desperation.PCB is embarrassing and insulting Pakistani people.Pakistan cricket will flourish without playing India.India did it’s best against PSL but failed.PSL is getting stronger and stronger.The news domestic structure is raising the quality of cricket.PCB needs to prepare good pitches,hire good coaches and select players on merit.Other teams will want to play Pakistan when Pakistan team becomes world class.

How exactly? Care to elaborate?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Ramiz knows the state of $$$ in cricket better than anyone on this forum and clearly we are missing out on massive amounts of funding by not playing India. Despite how stupid this idea seems to us at least he's trying to do something for Pakistan cricket rather than giving in.
    A country should put dignity before money.I was expecting Ramiz to be have a different approach regarding India.He is following the same policies as previous chairmen when it comes to India.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Do we have an allergy to the other forms of the game ? I think we must be the first nation to schedule a 7 match T20 series and now this.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A country should put dignity before money.I was expecting Ramiz to be have a different approach regarding India.He is following the same policies as previous chairmen when it comes to India.
    As much as anyone can agree, the fact is that this ship has already sailed several times around the globe for Pakistan. They don't call us a beggar nation over the border for no reason. What's one more attempt by Ramiz if it helps the PCB?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ind and Aus won't be a good candidates for T-20. They take test cricket more seriously and don't even play best XI in T20 most of the time. Not sure about Eng's interest in such ideas, but I feel T20 is pretty much a domestic league game now and only Pakistan tries to play lots of T20 international games with a full team.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Do we have an allergy to the other forms of the game ? I think we must be the first nation to schedule a 7 match T20 series and now this.

Yeah it's sad to see the fascination with T20s over there.

Instead of these unrealistic gimmicks, Ramiz should focus on building a strong first class (4 day) pipeline and more red-ball A tours which will help Pakistan in becoming a consistent top3 Test side in the near future.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Yeah it's sad to see the fascination with T20s over there.

Instead of these unrealistic gimmicks, Ramiz should focus on building a strong first class (4 day) pipeline and more red-ball A tours which will help Pakistan in becoming a consistent top3 Test side in the near future.
    To invest in these things, the PCB needs money and willing sponsors. The PCB has to invest in quick ROI projects.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Weird idea to ignore the teams that want to tour Pakistan (SA, SL, WI, etc.) and chase teams that are least likely to tour Pakistan.

Should be a series b/w WI, Pak, SL, and Afghanistan. All 4 prioritize T20I as #1 format and will be willing to play in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think that even the fans will want to see this. Given the relative close nature of the t20 wc and throw in the odd T20 asia cup a tournament like this would become a bore.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Every board is out there to survive.

Obviously, Ramiz wants a Big 4, and isolate the other boards. It’s what NZ, SA, SL and WI would do if they had the opportunity.

CSA releases their main players mid series vs Pakistan for the IPL, but can’t release players from their domestic season to play in the PSL. This has nothing to do with the OP, but if CSA really cared about us, they would’ve released their players for the PSL like they did with the IPL.

CSA will take money from the big 3 and will turn their backs on the rest. So, why shouldn’t PCB try to do the same?
    I agree.

However the problem is that the Big 3 doesn't really need us or want to play us.

It's better for Pakistan to try and cultivate a good relationship with the other teams than go on a long route to nowhere with the Big 3.

Yes it may not always work in our favour such as the example you gave with CSA but over time hopefully we can create something sustainable.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rameez also desperate for India, so the PCB tamasha continues.

India and BCCI disrespect us to the core and yet we are always there begging them to plz play against us one way or another. BJP was against India for playing in an ICC event, this would be a series between the 4 countries. The begging needs to stop for gods sake.

Pakistan can work on playing with Afghanistan and start a rivalry against them. They are desperate for matches and the viewership as we saw in the world cup of 2019 and the world t20, people were crazy to watch this match, especially the afghanis.

Thus, might aswell make money off of them. Pakistan would obviously win 8 out of 10 matches against them, but at the same time we can make money off of them.

It doesnt even matter who we play, as long as its the national team and the Afghanis are interested in beating us.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz trying to playdivide and rule here. India will be forced to say no to another pak proposal. This is a game of perception.

Truth is there is no free slot in annual calendar for this type of event. It sounds like a great idea, and one that other boards will no doubt jump on given the potential opportunity in terms of revenue, but in reality it’s unworkable and Ramiz knows this.

India and Pakistan haven’t played in years. No attempts have been made by India to repair this relationship, as it’s not in their interests. Till Pakistan players are allowed to participate in the IPL, these sort of proposals are gimmicks aimed at playing to the gallery

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

India and BCCI disrespect us to the core and yet we are always there begging them to plz play against us one way or another. BJP was against India for playing in an ICC event, this would be a series between the 4 countries. The begging needs to stop for gods sake.

Pakistan can work on playing with Afghanistan and start a rivalry against them. They are desperate for matches and the viewership as we saw in the world cup of 2019 and the world t20, people were crazy to watch this match, especially the afghanis.

Thus, might aswell make money off of them. Pakistan would obviously win 8 out of 10 matches against them, but at the same time we can make money off of them.

It doesnt even matter who we play, as long as its the national team and the Afghanis are interested in beating us.
    Afghan cricket team is finished after this generation imo. They wont flourish after the Taliban are in power and will eventually be frozen out of cricket. Afghan talent will have to play in Pakistan domestic leagues and perhaps oversdas t20 leagues once scouted but the national team will be finished.

But Bangladesh will always be there and is a great market full of a cricket loving public.

A quad with Pakistan, Bangladesh, 1 other full member ( on rotation) and perhaps an associate nation ( on rotation) would be quite exciting.

Their team isnt always going to be so poor and they love Pakistan cricket wholeheartedly. Why not cultivate links now because who knows in 10 years or so where they as a team and a country with a rising economy could end up?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

You can't blame Ramiz, BCCI is the only board in the world where hosting it or playing against it ensures lottery money.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthodox_spin View Post
    Ramiz trying to playdivide and rule here. India will be forced to say no to another pak proposal. This is a game of perception.

Truth is there is no free slot in annual calendar for this type of event. It sounds like a great idea, and one that other boards will no doubt jump on given the potential opportunity in terms of revenue, but in reality it’s unworkable and Ramiz knows this.

India and Pakistan haven’t played in years. No attempts have been made by India to repair this relationship, as it’s not in their interests. Till Pakistan players are allowed to participate in the IPL, these sort of proposals are gimmicks aimed at playing to the gallery
    Ramiz is trying to reinvigorate the cricketing atmosphere of the 90's where India and Pakistan didn't play bilateral ties against each other due to political tensions with each other but kept playing each other on neutral grounds i.e. Sharjah Cups, Sahara Cups, Multilateral tournaments in Australia e.t.c. Even from a cricketing point of view this will be good as Pakistani players will get used to frequent Indo Pak encounters.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    You can't blame Ramiz, BCCI is the only board in the world where hosting it or playing against it ensures lottery money.
    Yes they are rich. But india and bcci keep on disrespecting us. We have been begging for a series and each time we get a no with insults aswell.

It doesnt matter if behind the doors rameez has good relations with ganguly or rajiv shukla because in public they will insult pcb and pakistan.

Why not just concentrate on making our own cricket brand popular or worth the money.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Before the outrage comes, he clearly stated:

"It’s not going to happen right now, but who knows,”

This is just an idea for tbe future and he acknowledged it's not going to happen currently.

So please calm down.
    You have to dream big to achieve big, why not.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz is going for overkill if he proposes this event for every year. He knows that BCCI will not agree to a bilateral series, that is why he wants to propose a multinational series, as BCCI have not shown any issues playing in multinational series with PCB (ICC tournaments or Asia Cup).

The sole purpose of Ramiz is to play India every year by proposing this event. India already plays Pakistan in alternate years due to ICC event or Asia Cup or both. Asia Cup mostly happens in a WC year so the year before or after the Asia Cup year is where Pakistan team does not play India. Now Ramiz needs to target those years and propose this new event for every alternate year. And instead of 4-teams event, he should propose a 3-teams event - India, Pakistan and one of SENA teams on rotation basis (because we already play Asian countries in Asia Cup). And instead of sharing revenue among all the ICC members, the revenue should be shared among the 3 participating teams where the percentages of revenue sharing should be fixed for all 3 teams regardless of who is hosting the event (to avoid any issues with SENA countries as they will be rotating every year so some of them can miss out on hosting this event).

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RR surely lives in a fantasy land! This event is a non-starter.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bold optimism from Ramiz Raja.

It is unlikely to happen anytime soon though.
    Last edited by sweep_shot; 12th January 2022 at 08:51.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice idea. India (bad boy Modi) may actually implement it; minus Pakistan, lol!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should be replaced by either New Zealand or South Africa. Will make more sense.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Better idea - Drop India from the list and play NZ/SA. Make it happen and we will love you forever Rambo

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’m just worried that BCCI has taken notice of this idea and may implement it minus Pakistan. Will be an utter shame and disgusting

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forward Defensive Push View Post
    I’m just worried that BCCI has taken notice of this idea and may implement it minus Pakistan. Will be an utter shame and disgusting
    Not at all. India doesn’t prioritize T20I cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Perth, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol. I'd prefer NZ

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja should show some self respect and stop talking about India and BCCI money etc.
    Focus inwards.

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    What happened to the blank cheque?

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about 4 team series involving Pakistan, Srilanka, West Indies and Bangladesh??

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak Aus Eng NZ/WI

This will also be a fantastic series and possible practically without political involvement. Ramiz should focus on above!

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    India should be replaced by either New Zealand or South Africa. Will make more sense.
    Better idea - Drop India from the list and play NZ/SA. Make it happen and we will love you forever Rambo
    Will not work. If this type of things worked, one of the boards would have taken over the Champions League T20 from the BCCI and run it. But no, that league died once BCCI pulled out.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PErfect, if he has any real intentions for this plan , he should do this.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    What happened to the blank cheque?
    Arif Habib has agreed to sponsor 2 drop in pitches in Pakistan at a cost of PKR 370 million

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian Cricket Board and their current Indian govt doesnÂ’t even wanna spit at you, and you are telling it to ICC and rest of the world that you are ready to lick their shoes with a begging bowl.

The degree of shamelessness and idiocy is truly amazing.

ItÂ’s the same board that back stabbed you during the creation of Big 3 and itÂ’s the same Indian board that dragged you into the court and squeezed millions of dollars out of you, not long ago

And itÂ’s the same Indian govt that demeans your country as home of terrorists.

Yar koi sharam hoti hai, koi hayaa hoti hai.

I mean, LOL - did you even consult with the Indian board that you are going to ICC with this proposal?

Ramiz, you have truly set new standards
    when it comes to becoming a laughing stock.

This obsession with India is obviously based on the financial aspect of the event - which actually indicates a hopeless fantasy - a dream short cut - to make up for your own inability and incompetence to be able to successfully run the board with a low budget.

How about you reduce the boardÂ’s expenses by half and everyone works double shift - and anyone and everyone who doesnÂ’t agree, or have a better plan, should be fired?

I am sure there are thousands of qualified people in Pakistan who will be ready to work at half salary at every single position at PCB.

Now, leaving India aside, whatÂ’s the rationale behind playing a T20 among Australia, England and Pakistan?
    Are they in the same continent? They share borders? continuously rank in the top 3? Have the same language? Culture? Childhood friendship? Chachay poophi k puttar?

I mean what in the world are the grounds and commonality between these three countries that makes a bond?
    What the heck is wrong with Ramiz??

Misbah fans used to thump their cheers for their hero having an “MBA degree”. Well, just in case if you didn’t know, you got another life savior to worship, Ramiz got one too.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Arif Habib has agreed to sponsor 2 drop in pitches in Pakistan at a cost of PKR 370 million
    How much is that in USD?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How much is that in USD?
    About a bit above USD 2 million

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Seems this is not a new idea from Ramiz -

Was proposed by Ganguly in 2019

==

India, England and Australia may overturn the delicately balanced global cricket calendar and play an annual limited-overs tournament among themselves - with one other nation - from 2021 onwards, according to BCCI president Sourav Ganguly.

Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems this is not a new idea from Ramiz -

Was proposed by Ganguly in 2019

==

India, England and Australia may overturn the delicately balanced global cricket calendar and play an annual limited-overs tournament among themselves - with one other nation - from 2021 onwards, according to BCCI president Sourav Ganguly.
    I am assuming Ganguly did not mean Pakistan when he said "one other nation".

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Indian Cricket Board and their current Indian govt doesnÂ’t even wanna spit at you, and you are telling it to ICC and rest of the world that you are ready to lick their shoes with a begging bowl.

The degree of shamelessness and idiocy is truly amazing.

ItÂ’s the same board that back stabbed you during the creation of Big 3 and itÂ’s the same Indian board that dragged you into the court and squeezed millions of dollars out of you, not long ago

And itÂ’s the same Indian govt that demeans your country as home of terrorists.

Yar koi sharam hoti hai, koi hayaa hoti hai.

I mean, LOL - did you even consult with the Indian board that you are going to ICC with this proposal?

Ramiz, you have truly set new standards
    when it comes to becoming a laughing stock.

This obsession with India is obviously based on the financial aspect of the event - which actually indicates a hopeless fantasy - a dream short cut - to make up for your own inability and incompetence to be able to successfully run the board with a low budget.

How about you reduce the boardÂ’s expenses by half and everyone works double shift - and anyone and everyone who doesnÂ’t agree, or have a better plan, should be fired?

I am sure there are thousands of qualified people in Pakistan who will be ready to work at half salary at every single position at PCB.

Now, leaving India aside, whatÂ’s the rationale behind playing a T20 among Australia, England and Pakistan?
    Are they in the same continent? They share borders? continuously rank in the top 3? Have the same language? Culture? Childhood friendship? Chachay poophi k puttar?

I mean what in the world are the grounds and commonality between these three countries that makes a bond?
    What the heck is wrong with Ramiz??

Misbah fans used to thump their cheers for their hero having an “MBA degree”. Well, just in case if you didn’t know, you got another life savior to worship, Ramiz got one too.
    Pcb took BCCI to court and lost and paid damages. Atleast learn the truth before you post nonsense.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India and Australia don't give much importance to international T20s...so this plan would never materialize. Also, BCCIs cricket calendar is packed...so cant see India finding any window for playing tournament like this. ECB can be onboard though with their newly found love for white ball cricket sacrificing first class games. So Ramiz should propose this tournament with Eng, Pak and 2 other teams that are not Ind & Aus.

If I was Ramiz I would rather try to bring back the champions league again. Considering every country now has proper league system, top 2 teams from IPL, PSL, the Hundreds, Big Bash, BPL, CPL etc can participate. It would make much more sense than this rugby style 6 nations international T20s which many are not a fan off anyway.

And if the entire purpose of all this is to just resume Ind-Pak cricket ties with Eng/Aus being there as fillers, it is not possible in current political situation. We are far away from any Indo-Pak series outside ICC events/Asia cups etc. There is nothing Ramiz, ICC or even BCCI can do regarding this as decision to not play Pakistan is above their pay grades.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of a quadrangular tournament tbh. And always welcome Indo-Pak contests.

But just need to understand a couple of things?

a) Why ask ICC's permission for a tournament between few boards?

b) Why share profits from it with other board members who aren't even going to be part of it?

I mean it's not an 'ICC' event for profits to be shared amongst all and if it's just a quad-lateral series, then why even involve ICC in the first place? They are not going to stop it.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Its pretty obvious that PCB desperately needs money.

1. There is/was no blank cheque. Even if there was, the amount was not huge enough to make big difference to pcb coffers.

2. PSL is not very profitable for PCB. They have to give away 95 per cent of the profits to the franchisee to keep them happy and reduce their losses. BCCI gives 50 per cent.

3. Its become obvious that PCB is trying to hide things by not mentioning the exact amount of its deals and is talking in X percentage terms.

There was a time when Bcci and PCB would act together to eke out multilateral tournaments to get around the government ban. There was genuine camaraderie between PCB chiefs like Nur Khan or Ghulam Safdar or Javed Burki etc and bcci.

But those days are gone. PCB has been openly hostile to Bcci.

Ijaz butt banned pakistani players from IPL 2009. The rest is history.

Najam Sethi took BCCI to court and lost.

Ehsan Mani kept making anti IPL and anti BCCI statements.

PCB should just forget about earning a single dime from the Indian market. IPL has been banned in pakistan for some time, PSL may get similar treatment in Indi soon.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    I like the idea of a quadrangular tournament tbh. And always welcome Indo-Pak contests.

But just need to understand a couple of things?

a) Why ask ICC's permission for a tournament between few boards?

b) Why share profits from it with other board members who aren't even going to be part of it?

I mean it's not an 'ICC' event for profits to be shared amongst all and if it's just a quad-lateral series, then why even involve ICC in the first place? They are not going to stop it.
    Its to try and put pressure on bcci via other boards to agree to this.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going the usual narrative , big 3 is responsible for everything bad etc, why does'nt Rambo raja propose a quadrangular with Afg, Ire, holland? So easy to blame Big 3 but whats rambo raja doing for the greater good of the game? how many series and tours to BD, ire, zim inthe recent past, how many time has afg toured pak?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its pretty obvious that PCB desperately needs money.

1. There is/was no blank cheque. Even if there was, the amount was not huge enough to make big difference to pcb coffers.

2. PSL is not very profitable for PCB. They have to give away 95 per cent of the profits to the franchisee to keep them happy and reduce their losses. BCCI gives 50 per cent.

3. Its become obvious that PCB is trying to hide things by not mentioning the exact amount of its deals and is talking in X percentage terms.

There was a time when Bcci and PCB would act together to eke out multilateral tournaments to get around the government ban. There was genuine camaraderie between PCB chiefs like Nur Khan or Ghulam Safdar or Javed Burki etc and bcci.

But those days are gone. PCB has been openly hostile to Bcci.

Ijaz butt banned pakistani players from IPL 2009. The rest is history.

Najam Sethi took BCCI to court and lost.

Ehsan Mani kept making anti IPL and anti BCCI statements.

PCB should just forget about earning a single dime from the Indian market. IPL has been banned in pakistan for some time, PSL may get similar treatment in Indi soon.
    PCB has a lot of outlays ie they need money to fund their academies, domestic cricket, U19, A tours and need a lot of money to upgrade all the cricket stadiums in Pakistan and to construct 5 star hotel and facilities next to the stadiums. These are all costly endeavours

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by U$ofA View Post
    Will not work. If this type of things worked, one of the boards would have taken over the Champions League T20 from the BCCI and run it. But no, that league died once BCCI pulled out.
    What won’t work?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So form a partnership with Big 3.... where its the same "Aus" that purposefully looses intensity against India.... isnt that what he said?

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pcb took BCCI to court and lost and paid damages. Atleast learn the truth before you post nonsense.
    Why did PCB take BCCI to court?

It's because PCB had an absolute legit reason. BCCI promised, but backed out from the commitment.

BCCI then, instead of having to display an iota of shame, bit back and counter sued PCB.

Well, a snake will always be a snake. And Najam Sethi was dumb enough not to realize this, and gave BCCI it's face value and trusted on it's verbal promise.
    Had the BCCI's commitment to visit Pakistan written in a well crafted and signed agreement, they probably would've lost the case to begin with.

NEVER trust a snake. And that's what Ramiz needs to learn when dealing with BCCI.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

It's because PCB had an absolute legit reason. BCCI promised, but backed out from the commitment.

BCCI then, instead of having to display an iota of shame, bit back and counter sued PCB.

Well, a snake will always be a snake. And Najam Sethi was dumb enough not to realize this, and gave BCCI it's face value and trusted on it's verbal promise.
    Had the BCCI's commitment to visit Pakistan written in a well crafted and signed agreement, they probably would've lost the case to begin with.

NEVER trust a snake. And that's what Ramiz needs to learn when dealing with BCCI.
    Tbh emotions took the better of the PCB at that point. The PCB had lost close to $200 million owing to BCCI's repeated cancellations of series with Pakistan from 2009 onwards

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1925 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

PCB had no legit reason as proved in the court. So stop whining.

PCB lost the case and had to pay the legal costs to Bcci. Thats normal court proceedings. BCCI didn't sue PCB, they just defended themselves in the court the suit brought by PCB.

BCCI will never commit to visit pakistan unless they have a clearance from the government.So there wouldn't be any agreement in the first place.

You can keep calling bcci names and show your frustrations, but the fact is that it's PCB that desperately needs the BCCI to earn and thrive. Ofcourse they can survive without the BCCI, but to flourish they need the Indian market.

BCCI hasn't hit back at the PCB yet, the day they decide to, PCB will have a very tough situation to negotiate.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB had no legit reason as proved in the court. So stop whining.

PCB lost the case and had to pay the legal costs to Bcci. Thats normal court proceedings. BCCI didn't sue PCB, they just defended themselves in the court the suit brought by PCB.

BCCI will never commit to visit pakistan unless they have a clearance from the government.So there wouldn't be any agreement in the first place.

You can keep calling bcci names and show your frustrations, but the fact is that it's PCB that desperately needs the BCCI to earn and thrive. Ofcourse they can survive without the BCCI, but to flourish they need the Indian market.

BCCI hasn't hit back at the PCB yet, the day they decide to, PCB will have a very tough situation to negotiate.
    This is the statement made by Sheharyar Khan after BCCI displayed it's hypocricy and did not honor the commitment.

"Yes, it's true that we signed the 'Big Three' agreement after the BCCI promised it would renew cricketing ties with Pakistan, and the two boards signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) in this regard," the Daily Times quoted Shahryar as saying on Saturday."

Instead of signing this "Memorandum of Understanding", PCB should've gotten a signed agreement and penalties for not honoring the commitment with BCCI.

But again, he trusted a snake that simply bit back.