Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mohammad Hasnain's bowling action reported in the BBL

KFC Big Bash League Statement: Mohammad Hasnain

Sydney Thunder bowler Mohammad Hasnain was reported for a suspected illegal bowling action after playing in a KFC Big Bash League game against Adelaide Strikers on January 2.

Hasnain’s bowling action was due to be tested at Cricket Australia’s ICC-approved facility in Brisbane within the mandated 14-day timeframe and before his departure from Australia. However, after he and others were recalled early by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), it was agreed he would conduct his test at their approved facility in Lahore.

As the initial report was made during a KFC Big Bash League match, Cricket Australia will review and verify the report provided by the PCB’s testing facility.

The League thanks Hasnain, the Thunder and the PCB for their cooperation in this matter.
    Last edited by MenInG; 19th January 2022 at 07:45.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Henrique did say that the guy chucks when he bowls a bouncer.

Anyways, pakistan can conduct the test in lahore and lets see how it comes

The first and only PM of Pakistan to lose the peoples confidence = Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find his action clean and Aussies in question crybabies

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Henrique did say that the guy chucks when he bowls a bouncer.

Anyways, pakistan can conduct the test in lahore and lets see how it comes
    If you see that - he was referring to the ball that Hasnain threw at him and it was wayward - all very confusing

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Hoshiarpur/Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he be allowed to bowl in PSL ?

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Hoshiarpur/Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Umpires and Match Referee's in BBL took notice of Henriques remarks.
    Can he reform his action ?

As general said, this does happen so people have to play the game : Siddique Salik

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshiarpurexpress View Post
    Just went to the other thread where there are videos of him bowling.
    To me the action looks clean although there are no side on footage.

He's played enough international cricket and franchise cricket where we've all seen him bow on TV and to me he never looked like he was chucking.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his action is fine. It will be tested and will turn out well within the limits

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His action looks as clean as it gets. Strange

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would like to see his bouncer from a side on angle

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Always had a sneaky feeling.. hope he comes clean though..

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His action definitely does not look clean in real time front on angle.
    But in the replays i've seen in the BBl it doesn't look like a chuck.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't seem like a chucker to me.

But, let's see what the test shows.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Junaid was clean then so is he.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here we go again...

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look dodgy to me. He has a sling like action which Malinga, Bumrah too have so maybe to naked eye it seems like there is a bigger flex than the limits, but I really doubt if it's over the limits.

Henriques is gonna come out looking like a joker once this action is cleared.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Doesn't look dodgy to me. He has a sling like action which Malinga, Bumrah too have so maybe to naked eye it seems like there is a bigger flex than the limits, but I really doubt if it's over the limits.

Henriques is gonna come out looking like a joker once this action is cleared.
    Exactly my thoughts.
    There is an element of slight sling in his action which takes the chucking out of equation.

If the umpire reported him because Henrique sledged Hasnain, then perhaps itís more beneficial to the game that such an umpire is reported and thrown out.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Hasnain's action looks suspect...then there are many who need to be tested

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is odd. Never thought his action was even slightly dodgy. Never thought the words 'chucking' or 'throwing' associated with Hasnain at all. Have they done this just because Henriques was sledging him about it?

Very strange. Personally i think he will be fine but i guess we will find out after the test.

Cannot believe that someone like Junaid Khan can play his whole career without being called and Hasnain gets called. Very odd.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other countries canít produce 145+ bowlers on a regular basis so when they see Pakistan young quicks they get jealous.There is an element of racism too.When Pakistani bowlers started bowling reverse swing the idiots were accusing them of cheat.When others learn to bowl reverse swing they called it a skill.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmal View Post
    If Hasnain's action looks suspect...then there are many who need to be tested
    Shhh!! Don't talk logic you conspiracy theorist.

PS: It is hilarious to see puppies like this Henriques dude rolling on grass with their mouths open when India visits them. They keep their mouth$ $hut and certainly know their place right besides feet

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorblind Genius View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.
    There is an element of slight sling in his action which takes the chucking out of equation.

If the umpire reported him because Henrique sledged Hasnain, then perhaps it’s more beneficial to the game that such an umpire is reported and thrown out.
    Unfortunately that won't happen. No matter how much PR about inclusivity ** these teams do, are you really surprised they can't believe Hasnain is actually good?

"He's so quick, this fella must be chucking" is their first thought. And not that "I am actually a has-been nobody, just out my depth"

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its a poor action( in terms of getting moevement) but i have never felt he was a chucker.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moises Henriques is nothing more than a pound shop Mark Ealham and obviously couldn't handle Hasnain.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Other countries canít produce 145+ bowlers on a regular basis so when they see Pakistan young quicks they get jealous.There is an element of racism too.When Pakistani bowlers started bowling reverse swing the idiots were accusing them of cheat.When others learn to bowl reverse swing they called it a skill.
    Typical delusional mentality. No one is jealous of Pakistan cricket. Pakistan is a mid-table team.

All these so-called speed demons (Hasnain, Rauf, Naseem etc.) are rubbish with no achievements in international cricket. Shaheen is the only top drawer bowler among this lot and he has received widespread praise from all quarters.

This victim-mentality is part of our culture but it is baseless as usual.

Speaking of reverse-swing, yes it is cheating but it also involves skill. Not every bowler can exploit or benefit from reverse-swing.

It is the same for chucking. It is cheating but you have to be good at it to become effective. Muralitharan and Ajmal were chuckers and they wouldnít have been great with a legal action, but they were extremely effective at chucking.

Williamson was also a chucker but he was nothing more than a part-timer.

Nevertheless, Hasnainís action doesnít look too dodgy to me. Junaid on the other hand was a blatant chucker and extremely fortunate not to get called.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Other countries can’t produce 145+ bowlers on a regular basis so when they see Pakistan young quicks they get jealous.
    Not this again.

Your last two fast bowlers of note were from the 1980s: Wasim and Waqar. Nobody really replaced them in the decades (generations) since, so there's nothing to get jealous about.

Your best two players right now are in fact batsmen: Babar and Rizwan, but they need to be elite for another 3-5 years across formats and geographies for others to get jealous of them, if they have to use that word.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Looks ok. May be odd bouncer was chucked?

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One cannot help but think there is a semblance of Racism in all this.

Every single time there been a brown bowler who bowls fast or spins more, the callers of chucking primarily have been Australians

Shoaib Akhtar
    Muralitharan
    Hasnain

of course they cannot go after India now because of BCCI's influence

After all this time, I was watching this game live and Henrique goes, nice throw, then the commentators go, "Bit of a kink aint it?" "we know what is said on the field stays on the field unless its caught on stump mic" It felt like the commentators were platforming and signal boosting and manufacturing this narrative.

and here we are. all of a sudden

It feels like Pakistan shouldn't send young bowlers to BBL from hereon
    Last edited by realitygaf; 18th January 2022 at 19:10.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Looks ok. May be odd bouncer was chucked?
    Looks similar to bumrah to me

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They like to question the pakistani bowlers the aussie commentators and players but not the other countries, who is Henriques to question anybody, that is so unprofessional. Hasnain has played a lot of cricket with International Umpires and not called once, why now?

What is it with the aussies?

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by realitygaf View Post

After all this time, I was watching this game live and Henrique goes, nice throw, then the commentators go, "Bit of a kink aint it?" "we know what is said on the field stays on the field unless its caught on stump mic" It felt like the commentators were platforming and signal boosting and manufacturing this narrative.

They did it to make him look bad.

Debut
    Oct 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Hasnain's action has to be tested that indian bowler bumrah guy with ugly action should be tested as well.

Hasnain's action is clean as whistle.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Typical delusional mentality. No one is jealous of Pakistan cricket. Pakistan is a mid-table team.

All these so-called speed demons (Hasnain, Rauf, Naseem etc.) are rubbish with no achievements in international cricket. Shaheen is the only top drawer bowler among this lot and he has received widespread praise from all quarters.

Speaking of reverse-swing, yes it is cheating but it also involves skill. Not every bowler can exploit or benefit from reverse-swing.

It is the same for chucking. It is cheating but you have to be good at it to become effective. Muralitharan and Ajmal were chuckers and they wouldnít have been great with a legal action, but they were extremely effective at chucking.

Nevertheless, Hasnainís action doesnít look too dodgy to me. Junaid on the other hand was a blatant chucker and extremely fortunate not to get called.
    So you think all-mighty Indian spinners Bhajji and Ashwin are not chukkers or you forgot to mention them?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Not this again.

Your last two fast bowlers of note were from the 1980s: Wasim and Waqar. Nobody really replaced them in the decades (generations) since, so there's nothing to get jealous about.

Your best two players right now are in fact batsmen: Babar and Rizwan, but they need to be elite for another 3-5 years across formats and geographies for others to get jealous of them, if they have to use that word.
    So you think Saeed Anwar, Inzi, Yousuf, Younis, Saqlain were not greats?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know he was playing BBL. He's not a chucker generally, but would not be surprised if he slipped the odd one in for a bouncer. Good that he got pulled up if he's doing that, he should cut it out of his game. Aussies aren't going to miss anything like that coming from a Pakistani.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    So you think Saeed Anwar, Inzi, Yousuf, Younis, Saqlain were not greats?
    All of them were good/great players. Nothing to do with my post though.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manunited18 View Post
    Looks similar to bumrah to me
    May be hyper extension.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    If Hasnain's action has to be tested that indian bowler bumrah guy with ugly action should be tested as well.

Hasnain's action is clean as whistle.
    Is there a icc rule that says that to test a Pakistani an Indian has to be tested too.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    So you think all-mighty Indian spinners Bhajji and Ashwin are not chukkers or you forgot to mention them?
    Bhajji was tested multiple times. He stopped bowling the doosra.

Ashwin doesn't chuck. The only time his action looked dodgy was when he openly told media that he would copy Narine' s action.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    now the pakistanis will call it a conspiracy, racism and what not....

Test would be conducted in lahore. Umpires are well with in their right to call anyone out if they suspect a bowling action. The test isnt done by the umpire its down by the labs...

Anyways test would be done in lahore. While he probably doesnt chuck or maybe chucks his bouncer but whatever the results would be they would be from lahore and would be creadible

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One cannot help but think there is a semblance of Racism in all this.

Every single time there been a brown bowler who bowls fast or spins more, the callers of chucking primarily have been Australians

Shoaib Akhtar
    Muralitharan
    Hasnain

of course they cannot go after India now because of BCCI's influence

Botha, kirtly, williamson....

From india, harbajhan was called out once and kamran khan was banned.

Stop having victim mentality. Lol if someone calls you out it doesnt mean its racism.

Subcontinent bowlers will be caught out more because our board is lax on bowlers chucking while countries like australia remove chuckers from early on in grade cricket.

Just because pakistan had pathetic standards and are suspected doesnt mean its racism...

Getting called out for chucking is not even an issue when the test would be done in lahore.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if the test is in Lahore it is not some random chacha conducting the test. It is an ICC accredited facility which means there will be certain standards it has to abide by - probably the data, videos etc will need to be reviewed independently.
    Last edited by transparent opacity; 18th January 2022 at 20:14.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are missing the point. I donít think he chucks while bowling his stock deliveries, itís his bouncer where he strives for extra pace is dodgy.

I remember Bhajji was called out for his doosra and he never bowled it. Afridi had this special faster ball where he would suddenly let one out at 120ks, that was clearly chucking and I believe he stopped bowling that. Similarly, Aktharís bouncers were reported too.

I have observed this with Hafeez too, he can absolutely bowl with a straight arm but once things donít work out thatís when professor brings out his degrees.

He might have to work on his short ball, thatís all is going to be to it. Not sure why this outrage.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    People are missing the point. I don’t think he chucks while bowling his stock deliveries, it’s his bouncer where he strives for extra pace is dodgy.

I remember Bhajji was called out for his doosra and he never bowled it. Afridi had this special faster ball where he would suddenly let one out at 120ks, that was clearly chucking and I believe he stopped bowling that. Similarly, Akthar’s bouncers were reported too.

I have observed this with Hafeez too, he can absolutely bowl with a straight arm but once things don’t work out that’s when professor brings out his degrees.

He might have to work on his short ball, that’s all is going to be to it. Not sure why this outrage.
    Not sure how the lab will check that - unless they are given clear guidelines.

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Botha, kirtly, williamson....

From india, harbajhan was called out once and kamran khan was banned.

Stop having victim mentality. Lol if someone calls you out it doesnt mean its racism.

Subcontinent bowlers will be caught out more because our board is lax on bowlers chucking while countries like australia remove chuckers from early on in grade cricket.

Just because pakistan had pathetic standards and are suspected doesnt mean its racism...

Getting called out for chucking is not even an issue when the test would be done in lahore.
    so you are fine with the australian attitude of the batsman calling it out out of the blue
    then the australian commentators calling it out
    then the australian umpire calling it out

and it so happens, from all of the international games and foreign leagues Hasnain has played, no one even thought about it but to these commentators and this player its evident?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Other countries can’t produce 145+ bowlers on a regular basis so when they see Pakistan young quicks they get jealous.There is an element of racism too.When Pakistani bowlers started bowling reverse swing the idiots were accusing them of cheat.When others learn to bowl reverse swing they called it a skill.
    What are you talking about? This is from Australia which has produced more fast bowlers than Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Not sure how the lab will check that - unless they are given clear guidelines.
    Lab will ask him to replicate his onfield action while bowling different deliveries. This will then be super imposed on his onfield action to check if they tally. Then the degree of flexion will be measured.

I think thats the process. They detailed it nicely during Senanayeke test in England.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lab will ask him to replicate his onfield action while bowling different deliveries. This will then be super imposed on his onfield action to check if they tally. Then the degree of flexion will be measured.

I think thats the process. They detailed it nicely during Senanayeke test in England.
    Yes this is how they usually do the tests, super imposition to try and avoid bowlers using a different action during the tests.

there was probably a delivery or 2 in which he "chucked" or relaxed his action a bit too much or even over stretched himself, on the whole seems clean bowler , aus umpires are in their right to call if they think its dodgy, if he has nothing to hide tests will clear him without any further issues.

Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you are fine with the australian attitude of the batsman calling it out out of the blue

and it so happens, from all of the international games and foreign leagues Hasnain has played, no one even thought about it but to these commentators and this player its evident?
    Yeah I think the way it happened was definitely dodgy. It is so out of the blue - not a hint or mention of even a question mark over his action despite him playing 26 international games plus 75 T20s around the world, including in CPL. What makes it strange is that usually when a player is called for a test, you kind of get it - it is either expected or there is a general feeling that maybe his action is a little dodgy. e.g. if it had been Junaid Khan I'd have sighed and said 'about time'.

That it is so out of the blue makes it seem like this has only happened because some two bit has been reject sledged him and the media made a bit of a hoo haa about it.

Anyway, all will be confirmed with the test. But as I said, I will be VERY surprised to the point of being shocked if it turns out he chucks.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Yes this is how they usually do the tests, super imposition to try and avoid bowlers using a different action during the tests.

there was probably a delivery or 2 in which he "chucked" or relaxed his action a bit too much or even over stretched himself, on the whole seems clean bowler , aus umpires are in their right to call if they think its dodgy, if he has nothing to hide tests will clear him without any further issues.
    See chucking sometimes happens inadvertently as well, due to the shoulder muscles getting tired etc.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not this again.

Shoaib, Asif, Amir (pre ban), Junaid were not bowlers of note ?

And the guy that you responded to was mainly mentioning the fact that Pakistan churns out a lot of 145+ bowlers.

While I am not sure about the jealousy part but clearly Pakistani bowlers have to face more scrutiny than others.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

What if someone changes action to pass test - as in doesnt do that extra bit?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All very suspicious

Theres never been the slightest thought he chucks and now this

I cna name half a dozen who have dodgier actions than he has and never been called

Pakistanis seem to be a soft target
    Last edited by Zaz; 18th January 2022 at 21:54.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not say Pakistan quicks were better than others.I said Pakistan keeps producing fast bowlers.India did not any quick bowler before Srinath.India managed to play good cricket because it had good batsmen and decent spinners.India never had any out and out fast bowler.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A few domestic coaches and players are now coming out that they felt Hasnain's action was doubtful whenever he bowled a bouncer but no one in the PCB took their concerns seriously.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the same for chucking. It is cheating but you have to be good at it to become effective. Muralitharan and Ajmal were chuckers and they wouldn’t have been great with a legal action, but they were extremely effective at chucking.

Nevertheless, Hasnain’s action doesn’t look too dodgy to me. Junaid on the other hand was a blatant chucker and extremely fortunate not to get called.
    Reverse swing is not cheating. Reverse swing has not been defined or declared as unfair play or cheating under laws of cricket as maintained by MCC and the ICC.
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th January 2022 at 22:42.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Aussies don’t chicken out of Pakistan tour and Henriques is selected, boy I hope he receives hell from the Pakistan bowlers and fielders!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Played in CPL
    Played in PSL
    Played domestic

No report on his action.

Henriques shouts nice throw and suddenly they are investigating his action.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Hasnain come through a proper pathway like U-19 or was he fasttracked via PSL?

I have noticed usually and I might be wrong but players in Pakistan who come through a proper pathway usually have lesser baggage like suspect actions and age issues for example like SSA and Babar Azam.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTH. If Hasnain's action is suspect then what is Bumrah's action then?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Played in CPL
    Played in PSL
    Played domestic

No report on his action.

Henriques shouts nice throw and suddenly they are investigating his action.
    Tbf, there have been quiet rumblings about Hasnain's bowling action in the past. I don't think its a big deal overall, he might have an issue when he bowls the bouncer where his arm kinks slightly.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Has Bumrah played in BBL ?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he be allowed to bowl in PSL ?
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other countries can’t produce 145+ bowlers on a regular basis so when they see Pakistan young quicks they get jealous.There is an element of racism too.When Pakistani bowlers started bowling reverse swing the idiots were accusing them of cheat.When others learn to bowl reverse swing they called it a skill.
    And if a bowler in this generation can bowl reserve swing they learnt it from Pakistan bowlers.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not this again.

Akhtar would get into most squads in any area baring 1 or 2 squads.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Bradford UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't chuck at all so nothing will come of it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Again, umpires are well in their right report.

And chucking doesnt get reported because a batsmen complain. The batsmen can complain and umpires can later after the match check fotage and ask for the action to get checked by a lab.

Umpire did not call hasnain a chucker nor are the australians out to get him.

He will get checked, if he chucks than ban him if he doesnt than he will bowl

Alot of you people are getting to worked up and making this a race peoblem for some odd reason

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Did Hasnain come through a proper pathway like U-19 or was he fasttracked via PSL?

I have noticed usually and I might be wrong but players in Pakistan who come through a proper pathway usually have lesser baggage like suspect actions and age issues for example like SSA and Babar Azam.
    Babar azam also had a suspected action if i remember corroctly.
    He was tested in brisbane

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Again, umpires are well in their right report.

And chucking doesnt get reported because a batsmen complain. The batsmen can complain and umpires can later after the match check fotage and ask for the action to get checked by a lab.

Umpire did not call hasnain a chucker nor are the australians out to get him.

He will get checked, if he chucks than ban him if he doesnt than he will bowl

Alot of you people are getting to worked up and making this a race peoblem for some odd reason
    Its unfair to ban a bowler if there is just a problem with one delivery which in Hasnain's case appears to be his bouncer.

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Hasnain will be forced to stop bowling short lol

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    What if someone changes action to pass test - as in doesnt do that extra bit?
    They will ask him to replicate what he did onfield. If he changes his action from the onfield one then thats a red flag on the action.

Its absolutely necessary for the bowler to replicate his onfield bowling action for the test to be considered valid.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Its hyper extension. Its legal.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Hasnain will be forced to stop bowling short lol
    He is one of the few bowlers who I have regularly seen hit the batsman’s helmet. He has a good bumper.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddaser View Post
    Doesn't chuck at all so nothing will come of it.
    It’s very annoying to see him reported because of a bully Moises.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its hyper extension. Its legal.
    Bumrahís action is not the ugliest action I have seen after watching cricket for a long time.It is also on the borderline but ICC has instructed umpires not to question any Indian bowlerís action.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of upset at the Australians to make this a issue. Heard Moin Khan talk about it and he looked pretty relaxed about it. It’s Australian Domestic where he got called out so doesn’t have any ICC sanctions.

Just needs to be careful if he is bending the arm for some deliveries.

He is young so should be able to

'If you cant support us when we lose or draw then dont support us when we win"
    Bill Shankly

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, sometimes there's a difference between regular delivery & the bouncer action- Freddie Flintoff's action used to be discussed on air as getting "ragged" when he bowled his bouncer from around the wicket.

Footage of the over here. Henriques calls it a chuck every time Hasnain bowls the bouncer during the over. The coverage is annoying because they never show a replay of the short balls from an angle where you can see the action- but we do get replays of his full balls and his action looks ok to me.

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/moi...-11/2022-01-15

Overall not a great reflection on Henriques- getting ruffled by the young bowler & then sledging in a way which will surely threaten the young guys career, right in front of the umpires.

Hopefully he tests clear and all moves on. I assume he'll get a fair and speedy test done in Lahore now that he's headed home, so it doesn't hang over his head.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The reaction in Aus so far seems to be sympathy for Hasnain.

The umpiring in the BBL is truly awful, they make the likes of Ashoka De Silva and Shozab Raza look like peak Aleem Dar or Taufell. People are seeing this as the umpiries reacting to Moses have a sook.

Personally his action has never aroused suspision
    Last edited by pakistanigoneaussie; 19th January 2022 at 05:58.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    Reverse swing is not cheating. Reverse swing has not been defined or declared as unfair play or cheating under laws of cricket as maintained by MCC and the ICC.
    You know what I meant.

Reverse-swing achieved through ball-tampering is cheating. It was the hallmark of Pakistani bowlers like Sarfaraz Nawaz, Imran, Wasim, Waqar.

All of them had inflated stats because of tampering with bottle-caps in an era where it was easy to get away with it due to less scrutiny.

There is no room for ball-tampering and chucking in cricket. It is completely against the spirit of cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    I did not say Pakistan quicks were better than others.I said Pakistan keeps producing fast bowlers.India did not any quick bowler before Srinath.India managed to play good cricket because it had good batsmen and decent spinners.India never had any out and out fast bowler.
    It doesnít matter how quick our bowlers bowl. Most of them are useless. If they bowl at 150, the ball ends up racing to the boundary at 220.

Pakistan has only one pacer with genuine quality at the moment so there is no reason for anyone to be jealous.

Hasnain is not even among the top 20 bowlers in the world.