What now for Mohammad Hasnain? - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What now for Mohammad Hasnain?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is done as a bowler

2 5.56%
  • He will make a comeback and be back to normal speed

19 52.78%
  • He will make a comeback but not be the same again

15 41.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news. He is young and it appeared not to be a major kink / unfixable so hopefully it has been fixed

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wasnt that lethal in international cricket with the old action anyway.

I very much doubt he will succeed much with a modified action. Hope i am wrong though.

Annoyed that PCB wasted millions on the useless Waqar Yunus to coach these young guns.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Wasnt that lethal in international cricket with the old action anyway.

I very much doubt he will succeed much with a modified action. Hope i am wrong though.

Annoyed that PCB wasted millions on the useless Waqar Yunus to coach these young guns.
    There were quite a few things in his action (Other then the legality) which were preventing Hasnain to be as consistent as one would have liked. Hopefully coaches have worked with him from that perspective as well because as per some experts/ex players Hasnian's action issue was a by product of the other issues he had or developed over time.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I always worry about these 'modified' actions. More often than not the bowler isn't quite what he once was.

Let's see, I just hope that the new action doesn't make him totally ineffective.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donít understand why you need a ďremodelledĒ action. Just fix the kink in the arm. It may slightly affect his foot/body position but I should think itís minimal.

If you bowl 150k even with a kink you do have some pace. There have been bowlers with illegal actions who have been trundlers.

What he needs more is just repetition. This should be more about hard work than coping with a new action.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Included as part of the 60 player list for the NHCP camp - so looks like he's ready to go!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope he can make a swift return to the player he was. At least he is young, and not having to remodel an action he's been using for years and years (in international cricket at least).

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I always worry about these 'modified' actions. More often than not the bowler isn't quite what he once was.

Let's see, I just hope that the new action doesn't make him totally ineffective.
    Agreed.

Has there ever been a case where a bowler improved or maintained their performance after a change ?

Didn't Waqar change his action after injuries?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstraction1 View Post
    Agreed.

Has there ever been a case where a bowler improved or maintained their performance after a change ?

I think it depends upon the type of change which is being made and that is dependent upon the reason for the change in action. Changing of actions because a certain part of the body is struggling to cope with the workload of the previous action has completely different dynamics then correcting a slight kink in the arm along with other alignment issues. Almost every other bowler we have seen on international or are seeing has some sort of minor adjustments done at early stage of their careers and sometimes later as well.

In terms of injury based modification Pat Cummins when came onto the scene was even quicker but, with a slightly different action which made him struggle with back injuries. His action was slightly modified and since returning to international cricket he has not looked back and there hasn't been any serious injury issue as well.

In terms of illegal action most recent example is of Taskin Ahmed from Bangladesh got called for illegal action, since his comeback from that he looks a better bowler with more rhythm to his runup and action and is bowling possibly slightly quicker then he was on average. Was outstanding vs SA as well and got man of the series.

It takes extra bowling in nets and some match time to get used to the new action however, like many other things it really depends upon how much effort you are willing to put in. We have had numerous successful action modifications as well as numerous bad ones. Hasnain didn't require any extraordinary change, just some minor adjustments so unless it goes horribly wrong I don't think there should be much issue in terms of being atleast as effective he previously was (I am hoping for betterment though like we have seen in Taskin's case).

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

Narine from spinners.

Anwar ali from pacers i guess. Imran improved with an action change.

So you never know, if his fixed acrions means losing 5-9 kph but gaining more control, i woul have no issue

The first and only PM of Pakistan to lose the peoples confidence = Imran Khan

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Narine from spinners.

Anwar ali from pacers i guess. Imran improved with an action change.

So you never know, if his fixed acrions means losing 5-9 kph but gaining more control, i woul have no issue
    Anwar Ali had a pretty devastating change to his action though right?

Considering his ability to swing the ball so effectively to becoming very one-dimensional.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistanís young pacer Mohammad Hasnain has rectified his bowling action under the supervision of the National High-Performance Center (NHPC) bowling coach Umar Rasheed, here on Tuesday.

The 22-years-old Hasnain, whose bowling action was reported by the Australian umpires in the Big Bash League (BBL) 11, underwent a bowling action test at a local laboratory here.

The reports suggested that the right-arm pacerís elbow was found within the legal range of 15-degrees. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will formally request the International Cricket Council (ICC) for a review after complete satisfaction.

A-sports

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear... if the ICC had any backbone, Bumrah wpuld be called for chucking. Let's hope.someone calls him out soon.

Aanay do!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

Dennis Lillee would be the most famous example.

Pat Cummins has changed his action a fair bit from his early days.

James Pattinson had a major remodel and was still a lethal bowler, just kept getting injuries despite the changes though.

Javagal Srinath completely changed his early action after working with Lillee and got better and better.

These weren't elbow issues though.

Oh, Andy Roberts completely changed the angle of his arm/height and position of release. Didn't do him any harm.
    Last edited by wrongun; 18th May 2022 at 07:05.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He looks slower and uncomfortable in this new bowling action

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Itís in slow motion, of course he looks slow

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not side on this video - would have been more useful.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I wonder how did you deduce that? I got nothing more from that slo mo video except that his arm is not bending at all.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Itís in slow motion, of course he looks slow
    Good one.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a no fuss action to me. I think, imo, he isn't adding that hip drive which basically catapults your arms and adds that extra pace. Maybe still adjusting to new action but should add hip drive to increase pace. Pretty simple action. Another thing which i noted was lack of arching of back. Maybe he was just trying to bowl and perhaps not bowl fast. All the best to him. Like this guy

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Dennis Lillee would be the most famous example.

Pat Cummins has changed his action a fair bit from his early days.

James Pattinson had a major remodel and was still a lethal bowler, just kept getting injuries despite the changes though.

Javagal Srinath completely changed his early action after working with Lillee and got better and better.

These weren't elbow issues though.

Oh, Andy Roberts completely changed the angle of his arm/height and position of release. Didn't do him any harm.
    Imran Khan also remodelled his action quite a lot after making his intl debut

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    According to reports, The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has sent Mohammad Hasnain's biomechanics test report to Cricket Australia (CA)