Ramiz Raja confirms that Pakistan, Bangladesh and New Zealand will play T20I Tri-series

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Ramiz Raja confirms that Pakistan, Bangladesh and New Zealand will play T20I Tri-series

According to reports, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB)'s cricket operations chairman, Jalal Yunus has confirmed that Bangladesh will be playing in tri-nation T20I series involving New Zealand and most likely Pakistan. The series will be played in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The dates of the series aren't confirmed as of yet but it will most likely take place between late September and early October.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    According to reports, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB)'s cricket operations chairman, Jalal Yunus has confirmed that Bangladesh will be playing in tri-nation T20I series involving New Zealand and most likely Pakistan. The series will be played in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The dates of the series aren't confirmed as of yet but it will most likely take place between late September and early October.
    Exciting (IF true) - How reliable is Jalal Yunus?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    Exciting (IF true) - How reliable is Jalal Yunus?
    Bangladesh will play a tri-nation series in New Zealand ahead of the T20 World Cup this year, informed Bangladesh Cricket Board’s cricket operations committee chairman Jalal Younus.

Along with the host nation New Zealand, the third country will likely be Pakistan.

“We will go to Australia a bit early as part of the T20 World Cup preparation. A 10-day camp will be held in Adelaide. We will play some practice matches against the Redbacks there. Then we will play a tri-nation T20 tournament before the T20 World Cup. Probably it will be held in Christchurch,” said Jalal to the media in the port city yesterday.

"Each side will play a minimum of four matches in New Zealand. The third team may be Pakistan, but it hasn't been confirmed yet," he concluded.

Bangladesh will directly play the Super 12 stage of the upcoming T20 World Cup, which will start from October.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2...-before-t20-wc

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been a while since any tri series should be interesting.

One of the best Pakistani tri series I remember in 90s was Pakistan, West Indies(we’re strong then) ,Australia..

That series had some of the best broadcasting quality i saw in 1990s(it had 8 games for each team lol).. Pak won 2-0 in the final.. with Wasim as captain and Saqlain at peak.
    Last edited by JaDed; 17th May 2022 at 21:52.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post

One of the best Pakistani tri series I remember in 90s was Pakistan, West Indies(we’re strong then) ,Australia..

That series had some of the best broadcasting quality i saw in 1990s(it had 8 games for each team lol).. Pak won 2-0 in the final.. with Wasim as captain and Saqlain at peak.
    Are you not sick of T20’s in general. This tri series is pathetic, we just had the T20 WC and there is another this winter, more horrible cricket to be scheduled until then. Cricket is so dull and soul sucking, am disappointed these teams are playing

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    855 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yeah. Even I watched it. I really liked Pakistan's kit in that series.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Are you not sick of T20’s in general. This tri series is pathetic, we just had the T20 WC and there is another this winter, more horrible cricket to be scheduled until then. Cricket is so dull and soul sucking, am disappointed these teams are playing
    Well unfortunately there is no other option, T20 preparation is for WC as well.. tri series is better than bilateral ones atleast.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Yeah. Even I watched it. I really liked Pakistan's kit in that series.

yea I remember the blue 😂 but cricket wise it had amazing quality as well!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Channel 9's broadcasting quality in the 80s and 90s was better than PTV's coverage in 21st Century

That tri-series did a lot to redeem Wasim's captaincy after receiving pelters for missing the WC96 QF. Think Mohammad Zahid was playing in that series and was seriously quick before his injuries. Afridi's fast legspin was a novelty then and did some damage too.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is true, than that is good news, Pakistan need to get ready for the t20 world cup this year. Playing in New Zealand will be similar conditions to Australia, so I hope this can happen

Wreck it Rauf.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh generally do not do well in New Zealand. Apart from that one Test, Bangladesh have never won a game in New Zealand. Pakistan and NZ will probably go to final easily.

Bangladeshi Man

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Should have played a 50 over tri series , too many 20 20 being played across these days.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is mulling over the national team’s participation in a tri-nation series in New Zealand involving the hosts and Bangladesh ahead of October’s ICC T20 World Cup, which is set to be played in Australia.

The PCB has been formally approached by New Zealand Cricket (NZC) for the series, which is likely to be scheduled in the first week of October with the World Cup to start in the middle of the month.

“The NZC has invited the PCB for a tri-series in New Zealand in the lead up to the T20 World Cup,” the PCB spokesperson told Dawn.

“We are presently reviewing the invite and will revert to the NZC following a consultation process.”

While Bangladesh, who also received NZC’s invitation, have confirmed their participation in the series, Pakistan’s packed schedule in September has kept the PCB from taking a decision straightaway.

Pakistan will feature in the T20 Asia Cup from September 1-17 before hosting England for a seven-match T20 series, of which the dates are yet to be decided.

The games being arranged outside the pre-decided Future Tours Program is another factor that is under PCB’s consideration. However, sources said the final decision will be made by the Saqlain Mushtaq-led Pakistan team management bearing in mind the players’ workload.

Pakistan’s cricketing relations with New Zealand were dealt a blow when the latter unilaterally aborted their tour to the country hours before the first match citing security concerns.

Dawn understands NZC compensated the PCB financially for its losses after the Kiwis’ withdrawal. According to sources, it paid a “substantial” amount to cover the cost the PCB bore for the visitors’ accommodation, security and arrangements at venues New Zealand’s abrupt decision to quit the tour had also triggered a strong reaction from the PCB and criticism by its chairman Ramiz Raja.

Months later New Zealand promised to return to Pakistan for a three-match One-day International series and two Test matches in December-January and five one-dayers and as many T20s in April 2023.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1690160/pa...-t20-world-cup

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Reports:

A PCB official confirmed that Pakistan has agreed to participate in the series as it will help players prepare better for the T20 World Cup.

Before reaching New Zealand, Bangladesh will travel to Australia for a weeklong camp in Adelaide, where they will play T20 practice matches against local sides in September.

The dates for the tri-series haven't been announced yet, but the likeliest window is between late September and early October.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Reports:

A PCB official confirmed that Pakistan has agreed to participate in the series as it will help players prepare better for the T20 World Cup.

Before reaching New Zealand, Bangladesh will travel to Australia for a weeklong camp in Adelaide, where they will play T20 practice matches against local sides in September.

The dates for the tri-series haven't been announced yet, but the likeliest window is between late September and early October.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    PCB, when we contacted.

We have only received the invite and are contemplating participation.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak has been playing too much t20is and too few ODIs in the last 2-3 years. Although a tri series is always more interesting than a bilateral.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ owes Pakistan a tour, Pakistan should decline this offer till NZ can pay their dues.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Doha, Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm... This doesn't sound right at all.

Cricket can't be played in New Zealand during September at all, it's winter (and Spring) season, too much rain, and every match will be rained off. This is why no cricket at all is played in September, including club, social, kids cricket...

Lahore Qalandars - 2022 - Champions

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam speaking to the press:

"Playing in New Zealand will benefit us if it happens. Their conditions are similar to the venue of the World Cup, Australia, which will help us in the mega event"

Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are they agreeing to play in NZ? They shouldn't do that unless NZ tours Pakistan first.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds fun and all, but I just hope our players don't get burnt out before the World Cup even begins.

In the months leading upto the WC, we are playing the Asia Cup, 7 T20Is (!) against England and now this tri-series too. That's atleast 17 T20 matches (quite possibly more) in two or so months. And these series are an even more troubling thought considering Pakistan barely ever rests its star performers like Shaheen, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf, Babar and Rizwan.
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 25th May 2022 at 01:10.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    This sounds fun and all, but I just hope our players don't get burnt out before the World Cup even begins.

In the months leading upto the WC, we are playing the Asia Cup, 7 T20Is (!) against England and now this tri-series too. That's atleast 17 T20 matches (quite possibly more) in two or so months. And these series are an even more troubling thought considering Pakistan barely ever rests its star performers like Shaheen, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf, Babar and Rizwan.
    They're not playing any Tests outside of SL before the WC if I remember correctly so they shouldn't be too worn down. Not many ODI's either which helps.

At the end of the day, 17 T20 matches x 4 overs is only 68 overs on the bowlers. A Test match alone could see a bowler bowling 40-50 overs in a match so I think the players will still be relatively fresh.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batters don't need rest it's the bowlers who could get injured.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hasan Ali a star??? If he plays all the matches he will let us loose at least 10 matches out of 17.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has agreed to participate in the tri-nation series in New Zealand before T20 World Cup in Australia this year.

According to the sources, PCB has asked England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to send their team earlier to Pakistan in September where they are scheduled to play seven T20Is.

PCB has officially contacted ECB to shift matches to prior dates so that the Green Shirts can play in the tri-nation series in New Zealand with Bangladesh as the third team before the mega event. Sources further claimed that PCB is planning to start the series on September 15.

After getting ECB's response, PCB will officially accept the invitation of New Zealand Cricket. Meanwhile, New Zealand Cricket has started making an initial schedule of the tri-nation series.

T20 World Cup is scheduled from October 16 to November 13 in Australia this year.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja in a media interaction:

“After receiving confirmation dates from the touring England side that is due here in Pakistan on September 15, we have confirmed our participation in the tri-nation series to be hosted by Cricket New Zealand. I wanted my team to play a few internationals more or less amid Australian environments, ahead of the World Cup. Now the team will be having a good opportunity to test their combination and leading players’ form during the tri-nation series in New Zealand"

Pakistan is expected to leave for New Zealand on October 4 to figure in the double header series. The two top finishers will then go on to play the final. NZ Cricket is expected to announce the schedule soon.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A fifty-over Tri-series would have been better.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be pretty good preparations in NZ conditions. I just hope they don't go full strength for full 7 games vs England and try to keep the players as fresh as possible.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision as this gives us an opportunity to get our combination right for the Aussie pitches in time for the T20WC. Also Bangladesh is part of our group in the T20WC so getting more exposure against them in these conditions will come in handy when we play them later.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Pakistan, as part of their ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Australia 2022 preparations, will participate in a T20I tri-series in Christchurch, New Zealand, from 7-14 October with Bangladesh as the third side.

Number-three ranked Pakistan will take on number-eight ranked Bangladesh on 7 October and number-six ranked New Zealand on the following day. In the second round of matches, Pakistan will play New Zealand and Bangladesh on 11 and 13 October, respectively with the final scheduled for Friday, 14 October.

In the T20 World Cup, Pakistan will open their campaign against India in Melbourne on 23 October. They will then play the two qualifiers on 27 and 30 October in Perth, before taking on South Africa on 3 November in Sydney and Bangladesh on 6 November in Adelaide.

Pakistan captain Babar Azam: “I am pleased that we will be featuring in the tri-series in New Zealand as it will help us to arrive early and not only acclimatise for the T20 World Cup in Australia but also give final touches to our preparations.

“I missed the last series in New Zealand due to a thumb injury and look forward to playing cricket in Christchurch against two good oppositions.”

Pakistan will depart for Christchurch on 4 October after completing their seven-match T20I series against England on 2 October. Prior to the England series, Pakistan will take part in the ACC T20 Asia Cup, which is schedule in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from 27 August to 11 September.

T20I tri-series itinerary

7 Oct –Pakistan v Bangladesh, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (1200 PST)

8 Oct – Pakistan v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (1200 PST)

9 Oct – Bangladesh v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

11 Oct –Pakistan v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

12 Oct – Bangladesh v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

13 Oct –Pakistan v Bangladesh, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

14 Oct – Final, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)
    Last edited by MenInG; 28th June 2022 at 12:02.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand all this hate towards Ramiz. What do certain fans and people want him to do?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Pakistan, as part of their ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Australia 2022 preparations, will participate in a T20I tri-series in Christchurch, New Zealand, from 7-14 October with Bangladesh as the third side.

Number-three ranked Pakistan will take on number-eight ranked Bangladesh on 7 October and number-six ranked New Zealand on the following day. In the second round of matches, Pakistan will play New Zealand and Bangladesh on 11 and 13 October, respectively with the final scheduled for Friday, 14 October.

In the T20 World Cup, Pakistan will open their campaign against India in Melbourne on 23 October. They will then play the two qualifiers on 27 and 30 October in Perth, before taking on South Africa on 3 November in Sydney and Bangladesh on 6 November in Adelaide.

Pakistan captain Babar Azam: “I am pleased that we will be featuring in the tri-series in New Zealand as it will help us to arrive early and not only acclimatise for the T20 World Cup in Australia but also give final touches to our preparations.

“I missed the last series in New Zealand due to a thumb injury and look forward to playing cricket in Christchurch against two good oppositions.”

Pakistan will depart for Christchurch on 4 October after completing their seven-match T20I series against England on 2 October. Prior to the England series, Pakistan will take part in the ACC T20 Asia Cup, which is schedule in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from 27 August to 11 September.

T20I tri-series itinerary

7 Oct –Pakistan v Bangladesh, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (1200 PST)

8 Oct – Pakistan v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (1200 PST)

9 Oct – Bangladesh v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

11 Oct –Pakistan v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

12 Oct – Bangladesh v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

13 Oct –Pakistan v Bangladesh, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)

14 Oct – Final, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)
    updated version of the itinerary

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potentially 5 games in a span of a week. What an overkill.

I don't mind the tour but man it needed at least a bit of a gap with all these T20's Pakistan are due to play in Asia Cup, 7 T20's at home vs England & then 4-5 T20's vs NZ/England.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A T20 tri-series sounds like a good idea. Like in 1990's and early 2000's for ODI's.
    Bilateral T20s are anyway used by teams to try out new players and dont take it seriously.
    20-20 should be restricted to leagues like IPL , CPL etc and to triseries between countries