Report: Ramiz Raja indicates the end of Sarfaraz Ahmed's career after induction of Mohammad Haris


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 52 of 52
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,838
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    Report: Ramiz Raja indicates the end of Sarfaraz Ahmed's career after induction of Mohammad Haris

    LAHORE: PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja has said that with the induction of Mohammad Haris into the team, the international career of former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed is ‘almost over,’ according to a report

    It has been learnt that the PCB chief in a meeting with Chief Selector Mohammad Wasim said: “We have a new wicketkeeper-batter in the shape of Muhammad Haris. It seems that the career of Sarfraz Ahmed is almost over.”

    Ramiz Raja-Javed Afridi row

    PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja has slammed Peshawar Zalmi owner Javed Afridi for declaring Arbab Niaz Stadium as one of the venues for the upcoming 8th edition of the PSL and nullified his claims saying Arbab Niaz Stadium Peshawar is not fit to hold PSL-8 matches.

    The report, quoting sources, revealed that Raja has made it clear that Peshawar will not be hosting matches of the next edition of the PSL.

    It has further been learnt that security forces have not yet declared the venue suitable for international matches, it said.

    Ramiz said during a meeting that Javed Afridi had told him that the new stadium will be of the highest standard but the overall quality of the stadium was less than satisfactory. He added that it is not possible to hold the matches at the stadium.

    He revealed that the entire PSL-8 will be held in Lahore, Karachi, and Rawalpindi. Multan is also a potential venue, he said.

    He further stated that Multan Cricket Stadium has the potential to host further international matches.

    He also hinted that some matches of the upcoming tours of England and New Zealand can also be played at the Multan cricket stadium.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,456
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz should retired 2 -3 years if he had any self pride.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    It's blatantly obvious that Sarfaraz's international days are over unless Rizwan and Haris pick up injuries.

    Sarfaraz probably knows it too.



  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,126
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Sarfraz should retired 2 -3 years if he had any self pride.
    Why?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    6,397
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What Sarfaraz needs to do is become fitter and score ruthless 100s in domestic scene.

    It benefits him and Pakistan!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    637
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    What Sarfaraz needs to do is become fitter and score ruthless 100s in domestic scene.

    It benefits him and Pakistan!
    But biryani is a real obstacle on the path to fitness for dear Sarfu

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    288
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sarfraz is a great talent, and had the best temperament among his peers.

    he was a real fighter

    however, he stopped performing and lost confidence at the wrong time...he should have cemented his team in 2017 but he didnt

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,838
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I am expecting PCB to deny this!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    6,397
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arif_2021 View Post
    sarfraz is a great talent, and had the best temperament among his peers.

    he was a real fighter

    however, he stopped performing and lost confidence at the wrong time...he should have cemented his team in 2017 but he didnt
    Het got fat.

    Like series by series he was consistently gaining between 1-3kgs.

    Ridiculous.


  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    2,302
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been pretty much done for a while. Just too old and his batting regressed so long ago.

    Pakistan have plenty of young interesting WK like Haris, Rohail Nazir & Haseebullah. Not to mention Rizwan who has been incredible for Pakistan the last couple of years.

    Sarfraz had a good run and he helped us win the CT17. All the best to him.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s been finished a while. Let the guy go. Every so often there’s a thread like this and he is demeaned over and over by his haters. He hasn’t played for Pakistan for 2 years and hasn’t been a regular for 3 years.
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th June 2022 at 21:53.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,838
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    LAHORE: PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja has said that with the induction of Mohammad Haris into the team, the international career of former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed is ‘almost over,’ according to a report

    It has been learnt that the PCB chief in a meeting with Chief Selector Mohammad Wasim said: “We have a new wicketkeeper-batter in the shape of Muhammad Haris. It seems that the career of Sarfraz Ahmed is almost over.”

    Ramiz Raja-Javed Afridi row

    PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja has slammed Peshawar Zalmi owner Javed Afridi for declaring Arbab Niaz Stadium as one of the venues for the upcoming 8th edition of the PSL and nullified his claims saying Arbab Niaz Stadium Peshawar is not fit to hold PSL-8 matches.

    The report, quoting sources, revealed that Raja has made it clear that Peshawar will not be hosting matches of the next edition of the PSL.

    It has further been learnt that security forces have not yet declared the venue suitable for international matches, it said.

    Ramiz said during a meeting that Javed Afridi had told him that the new stadium will be of the highest standard but the overall quality of the stadium was less than satisfactory. He added that it is not possible to hold the matches at the stadium.

    He revealed that the entire PSL-8 will be held in Lahore, Karachi, and Rawalpindi. Multan is also a potential venue, he said.

    He further stated that Multan Cricket Stadium has the potential to host further international matches.

    He also hinted that some matches of the upcoming tours of England and New Zealand can also be played at the Multan cricket stadium.


    So PCB deny the Bolded bit but not part about Sarf....


    ==

    Lahore, 11 June 2022: Pakistan Cricket Board has rubbished the story in Saturday’s The News newspaper under the headline Raja declares Peshawar unfit to host PSL-8, terming it Fake. The PCB said the game of cricket unites the nation and, as such, these baseless and speculative stories attributed to unidentified “sources” and targeting the institution, it’s units and it’s chair is unfair, unethical and contrary to the basic principles of responsible journalism.

    https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release...ews-story.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,838
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    So 2 days in a row...



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It's blatantly obvious that Sarfaraz's international days are over unless Rizwan and Haris pick up injuries.

    Sarfaraz probably knows it too.
    In ODIs and T20s yes but Safaraz still has 3 good years left in him for tests. Riz will suffer if Sarfi fades out

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    In ODIs and T20s yes but Safaraz still has 3 good years left in him for tests. Riz will suffer if Sarfi fades out
    You keep coming up with this idea that Pakistan need Sarfraz in the squad otherwise Rizwan will become complacent.

    Rizwan has always been a proper student of the game. He respects the demands of professional cricket.

    He's nothing like Sarfraz. One is a cricketer with the mannerisms and work ethic of a street cricketer and the other is a top class professional.

    If you remember, Rizwan was given chances to play for Pakistan after the 2015 World Cup as a standalone batsman but he didn't perform well. When he got dropped, he didn't play victim and look for excuses.

    He was interviewed by PakPassion in 2016 (see thread link below) and he mentioned: "I did not deserve to be part of the World Twenty20 squad".

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ohammad-Rizwan

    I don't know if you're just a Sarfraz loyalist, but bro please stop regurgitating this nonsense about how he'll fade out and become complacent. He has the best work ethic and fitness out of all the regulars in the Pakistan team.
    Last edited by topspin; 12th June 2022 at 00:16.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    7,179
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About time. We've carried this passenger long enough.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    You keep coming up with this idea that Pakistan need Sarfraz in the squad otherwise Rizwan will become complacent.

    Rizwan has always been a proper student of the game. He respects the demands of professional cricket.

    He's nothing like Sarfraz. One is a cricketer with the mannerisms and work ethic of a street cricketer and the other is a top class professional.

    If you remember, Rizwan was given chances to play for Pakistan after the 2015 World Cup as a standalone batsman but he didn't perform well. When he got dropped, he didn't play victim and look for excuses.

    He was interviewed by PakPassion in 2016 (see thread link below) and he mentioned: "I did not deserve to be part of the World Twenty20 squad".

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ohammad-Rizwan

    I don't know if you're just a Sarfraz loyalist, but bro please stop regurgitating this nonsense about how he'll fade out and become complacent. He has the best work ethic and fitness out of all the regulars in the Pakistan team.
    I have seen PK WKs since the early 80s and as soon as the pressure of competition goes, they fall away to mediocrity. Maybe Riz will be different but we lose nothing with Safaraz around to challenge him- he is still a competent WK and solid bat. And as Haris and others develop, they may provide the competition but at this point in time they aren't any competition to Riz.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    In ODIs and T20s yes but Safaraz still has 3 good years left in him for tests. Riz will suffer if Sarfi fades out
    I think the selectors should look at youth as Rizwan's back-up in all formats.



  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I think the selectors should look at youth as Rizwan's back-up in all formats.
    But all the young guys mentioned are nowhere near Rizs level and Sarfaraz has still much to offer in tests as a backup and a potential challenger

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    758
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    But all the young guys mentioned are nowhere near Rizs level and Sarfaraz has still much to offer in tests as a backup and a potential challenger
    Sarfaraz has literally nothing to offer. He's past it and just a waste of a squad place now. It's better for Pakistan in the long run to give younger players a chance to learn and develop as squad members. They are more likely to put pressure on Rizwan to maintain his performance levels than an unfit, spent force like Sarfaraz.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,946
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. They way Sarfaraz bats seems outdated now. It's over for him at test and international level.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    7,374
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Why?
    Because he has been useless .

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    But all the young guys mentioned are nowhere near Rizs level and Sarfaraz has still much to offer in tests as a backup and a potential challenger
    What does he offer?



  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    5,489
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion Sarfraz didn't offer much even when he was in the team , was playing as a specialist captain more than anything. He would have been removed from the setup a long time ago had this been any other country, but pak love to drag things on.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,126
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Because he has been useless .
    So why should he retire?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    5,233
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a passenger since a very long time. Good riddance.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What does he offer?
    A solid WK who is still a decent bat. None of the other guys at this stage are any where near him. In time they will develop but they need to score runs at domestic level and they haven't done that.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I agree. They way Sarfaraz bats seems outdated now. It's over for him at test and international level.
    Not in tests. I don't mind trying young players in T20 cricket and maybe in ODIs against teams like the Windies

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    Sarfaraz has literally nothing to offer. He's past it and just a waste of a squad place now. It's better for Pakistan in the long run to give younger players a chance to learn and develop as squad members. They are more likely to put pressure on Rizwan to maintain his performance levels than an unfit, spent force like Sarfaraz.
    The Youngsters are offering what exactly for the longer format?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    A solid WK who is still a decent bat. None of the other guys at this stage are any where near him. In time they will develop but they need to score runs at domestic level and they haven't done that.
    Not solid. He struggled and his fitness levels were not up to standard.

    His batting also wasn't up to standard.

    Better off going with youth and with one eye on the future.



  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    566
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should be obvious to anyone that watches cricket.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,126
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverSir View Post
    This should be obvious to anyone that watches cricket.
    Hmm. If Rizwan gets injured just before the world cup who is this obvious replacement?

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,946
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Not in tests. I don't mind trying young players in T20 cricket and maybe in ODIs against teams like the Windies
    I think we are looking at the future now. It is very difficult for a wicket keeper to make a comeback after being out of the team for a few years.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    35 year old now and well past his best.

    Do we really feel the need to go back to someone who served Pakistan well in the past, but is now clearly not international standard.



  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it really amusing why it is re-iterated that he isn’t needed. Everyone knows it. Why does it need to be re-iterated.

    You won’t find any sane person who will say that he deserves a place in the team, but why keep posting the same thing?

    Will never understand the amount of hate he gets.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    6,397
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I find it really amusing why it is re-iterated that he isn’t needed. Everyone knows it. Why does it need to be re-iterated.

    You won’t find any sane person who will say that he deserves a place in the team, but why keep posting the same thing?

    Will never understand the amount of hate he gets.
    I remember when he started his test career he was a treat to watch. He scored a couple of awesome 100s in UAE against decent bowling attacks.

    I don't think people hate him, it is just frustration. Pakistanis had higher expectations from Sarfi.

    He just got fatter and started yelling at bowlers like an amateur.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Not solid. He struggled and his fitness levels were not up to standard.

    His batting also wasn't up to standard.

    Better off going with youth and with one eye on the future.
    If your going to replace him in tests then you need to have a ready made replacement. We dont have anyone and the guys mentioned have shown nothing substantial in FC and arent better than him. I dont mind the Younger guys like Haris playing T20 and ODIs but in a crucial test if Riz gets injured, Sarfi is still the next best option.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If your going to replace him in tests then you need to have a ready made replacement. We dont have anyone and the guys mentioned have shown nothing substantial in FC and arent better than him. I dont mind the Younger guys like Haris playing T20 and ODIs but in a crucial test if Riz gets injured, Sarfi is still the next best option.
    Rizwan is first choice. There is no point in having a 35 year old understudy as his backup. You are better off having a youngster as Rizwan's number 2.



  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Rizwan is first choice. There is no point in having a 35 year old understudy as his backup. You are better off having a youngster as Rizwan's number 2.
    If Riz got injured the tail with the younger guys will Start at 7. I think Haris and others have potential but hitting a few 6s in T20 cricket and batting in test where defending is a massive part of the game. I think the time for younger guys will come but they aren't better than Sarfaraz atm and until they are, he should be the backup.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,984
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If Riz got injured the tail with the younger guys will Start at 7. I think Haris and others have potential but hitting a few 6s in T20 cricket and batting in test where defending is a massive part of the game. I think the time for younger guys will come but they aren't better than Sarfaraz atm and until they are, he should be the backup.
    Sarfaraz's batting is hardly great these days. He looks like a walking wicket.

    The less said about his keeping, the better.



  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,582
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not convinced with Haris being the back up keeper in ODIs or Tests. Rohail Nazir should be the backup. PSL performance should only get you picked for t20is squad.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Sarfaraz's batting is hardly great these days. He looks like a walking wicket.

    The less said about his keeping, the better.
    I agree it isn't but until I see someone better, he has to part of the squad. For me Haris needs to play 2 good seasons in FC because if he becomes part of a squad, he won't play any cricket. That set Abdullah back by nearly 2 years and it will cost Haris Valuable matches at this stage of his career

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,838
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Some funny moments from Sarfaraz's pressers



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,838
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Really? Look again in the list of Pakistan squad for the Sri Lanka tour....

    Pakistan squad for Sri Lanka Tests: Babar Azam (captain), Mohammad Rizwan (vice-captain, wicketkeeper), Abdullah Shafique, Azhar Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah, Nauman Ali, Salman Ali Agha, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper), Saud Shakeel, Shaheen Afridi, Shan Masood and Yasir Shah


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,224
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    which other keeper has challenged him? state of back up keepers in first class hasn't been great, bismillah khan has been consistent, but i haven't really seen his keeping.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    14,256
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that Rohail Nazir would have been knocking on the door for a player in the squad.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Really? Look again in the list of Pakistan squad for the Sri Lanka tour....

    Pakistan squad for Sri Lanka Tests: Babar Azam (captain), Mohammad Rizwan (vice-captain, wicketkeeper), Abdullah Shafique, Azhar Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Haris Rauf, Hasan Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah, Nauman Ali, Salman Ali Agha, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper), Saud Shakeel, Shaheen Afridi, Shan Masood and Yasir Shah
    As I argued on here, a sensible decision because the alternatives aren't anywhere near ready.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    7,786
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He really let his career go down the gutter by hiding down the batting order and thinking that he can cement his place in the team as a specialist captain by giving harsh orders as if he's some army general. His keeping has also been quite shoddy which doesn't look good at all. He was outstanding when he was opening the batting, I seriously don't know why he didn't want to bat up the order like he used to given how busy he was when he was at the crease. I think the PCB has realised this and would not want someone like Rizwan in this case to drop down the order like Sarfraz did, only for his batting to regress as well (its not like he's a power hitter or anything, it's just that consistent hitting is not his speciality).

    I will say that there is some life left in Sarfraz if he works on his fitness and starts taking his game more seriously like he used to (2014-2015) and then play as a backup keeper to give Rizwan some rest. Ideally we should have a backup keeper and both keepers should be in good form given how important it is to have good WK batsman in today's modern game. Unfortunately that episode with Phehlukwayo a while back does not look good in my eyes and I show no sympathy for racists. They've given him a slap on the wrist but if a situation like this happens again with another Pak cricketer then he should not be allowed to play for the international team again. I'm not sure if the PCB already has mandatory seminars regarding racism but every cricketer in Pakistan should be educated when it comes to these seminars going all the way down to grassroot level.

    He's been picked already for the squad so the PCB might as well make use of his services. Still has some gas left in the tank if he works hard on his game and the pitches in SL suit his batting a lot, I can't see why he would fail against their bowling attack. He should be looking to sweep their spinners to the fence repeatedly if picked. If he fails miserably again then this should be his last outing

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    174
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a good player imo. Just needs to rekindle that form

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    14,256
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    As I argued on here, a sensible decision because the alternatives aren't anywhere near ready.
    Yes sensible decision in tests however not required in t20s or odis.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,946
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Yes sensible decision in tests however not required in t20s or odis.
    Totally agree. Sarfi offers nothing in the Limited formats but is still our 2nd best WK in tests. Haris and others need to play a full season or 2 and things will change if the guys have good seasons

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    14,256
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Totally agree. Sarfi offers nothing in the Limited formats but is still our 2nd best WK in tests. Haris and others need to play a full season or 2 and things will change if the guys have good seasons
    I don't see Haris playing in the test team but I do stil see him in t20s or odis.

    In tests I think Rohail has a good chance but he has fell away.
    Haseebullah is someone who looks ok but hasn't played any domestic cricket.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •