22 H Southampton
    26 A Manchester City
    29 H Chelsea

May
    06 A Newcastle United
    13 H Brighton & Hove Albion
    20 A Nottingham Forest
    28 H Wolverhampton
    Last edited by James; 17th June 2022 at 01:24.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    October and April next year are the tricky months for us.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sudden and apparently very reliable news coming through that the £36m release clause signing of Fabio Vieira from Porto is imminent, and that he is travelling to London today.

A 22 year-old Portuguese attacking midfielder.

6 goals and 14 assists last season in 27 league games.

Never heard of him

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Sudden and apparently very reliable news coming through that the £36m release clause signing of Fabio Vieira from Porto is imminent, and that he is travelling to London today.

Never heard of him
    What a rip off. I'm getting Tavares vibes.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Never heard of him
    It's more like £30m as it's in euros but what a rip-off for an Odegard back up.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Bit early to be saying that, we have no idea how he will fit into the system and what he can bring to the side.

Not every position is a clear starter and backup, the top sides rotate their attacking positions. We have already paid the price for relying on a single player too much for the system (Partey), we shouldn't do the same for Odegaard.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bit early to be saying that, we have no idea how he will fit into the system and what he can bring to the side.

Not every position is a clear starter and backup, the top sides rotate their attacking positions. We have already paid the price for relying on a single player too much for the system (Partey), we shouldn't do the same for Odegaard.
    Agreed but I thought our top priorities were forward and DM. As long as it doesn't hinder those acquisitions and he's a decent player then no problem.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The responses to Fabrizio Romano's tweet with so many of them mentioning "who" sums up this p1ss poor signing.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    October and April next year are the tricky months for us.
    Minimum of 6 wins from 1st 8 games is a must. no excuses not to get off to a gud start with those fixtures.

even though oct is tough, all 3 games vs spurs, Liverpool and city are at home so we need to start winning big games at home and making emirates a fortress.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He can play left wing and as a 2nd striker so probably will be used on left along with martinelli, it may mean that ESR is used more on right along with saka. we still need a right wing signing if pepe goes.

Also oddegard shouldnt be playing number 8 position all time as he gets bullied in that position in away games.

We still need 2 strikers. If we sign Tielemens in midfield that wud be good. i think we should also sign zinchenko as he can play LB and CM and get rid of xhaka.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    He can play left wing and as a 2nd striker so probably will be used on left along with martinelli, it may mean that ESR is used more on right along with saka. we still need a right wing signing if pepe goes.

Also oddegard shouldnt be playing number 8 position all time as he gets bullied in that position in away games.

We still need 2 strikers. If we sign Tielemens in midfield that wud be good. i think we should also sign zinchenko as he can play LB and CM and get rid of xhaka.
    What a waste. We already have 2 decent LWs in Martinelli and ESR. Poor business.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fabio Vieira: Arsenal close to signing Porto midfielder

Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Porto midfielder Fabio Vieira for 40m euros (£34.2m).

The 22-year-old has yet to win a senior cap for Portugal but was voted player of the tournament at last year's European Under-21 Championship.

Talks have progressed far enough for a medical to be planned for Vieira.

He could become the Gunners' third summer arrival, following USA goalkeeper Matt Turner and teenage Brazilian forward Marquinhos.

Vieira provided 14 assists in Primeira Liga this season - more than any other player - and has been capped 21 times by Portugal Under-21s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61833404

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal for Manchester City and Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 25. (Times)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Arsenal made a bad start to the season in 2021-22, losing their opening three games by an aggregate of nine goals to nil, but will expect to fare much better this year – a September trip to Old Trafford is the only one of their first eight fixtures against a team expected to finish in the top six.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal for Manchester City and Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 25. (Times)
    Would love to know the financials involved in this

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Would love to know the financials involved in this
    If it materialises, the fee will be £50m and I think he'll paid £200,000 per week.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it materialises, the fee will be £50m and I think he'll paid £200,000 per week.
    Decent.

But Arsenal still not going out and buying the gun players for champions league

Liverpool in the last few years:

£80m+ for a keeper
    £80m+ for VVD
    £80m+ for a CF

That’s what you call proper, no nonsense transfer business!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's a gamble. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him as a prolific striker whose going to get us 15 to 20 goals per season and lead our line. I've always thought of him as a back-up

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porto say they have agreed to sell midfielder Fabio Vieira to Arsenal in a 40m euro (£34.2m) deal.

The Portuguese club released a statement saying Arsenal would pay an initial 35m euros (£29.9m) for Vieira with the rest in potential add-ons.

Vieira, 22, has yet to win a senior cap for Portugal but was voted player of the tournament at last year's European Under-21 Championship.

He provided 14 assists in the Primeira Liga last season.

Vieira also scored six goals in 27 league outings as he helped Porto claim the top-flight title in Portugal.

He has been capped 21 times by Portugal Under-21s and will become the Gunners' third summer arrival, following USA goalkeeper Matt Turner and teenage Brazilian forward Marquinhos.

BBC

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What a waste. We already have 2 decent LWs in Martinelli and ESR. Poor business.
    For price i agree its maybe not something we needed, but lets see where hes picked to play. We do need proven PL signed now, not kids. so i agree where your concerns are.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He will get time to prove if he can score 15+ goals a season, we need Atleast 20 goals a seaaon from our main striker.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Arsenal made a bad start to the season in 2021-22, losing their opening three games by an aggregate of nine goals to nil, but will expect to fare much better this year – a September trip to Old Trafford is the only one of their first eight fixtures against a team expected to finish in the top six.
    We shouldnt not be lose any more than 1 game from our 1st 8, couldnt ask for a more favourable start to season.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    I think it's a gamble. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him as a prolific striker whose going to get us 15 to 20 goals per season and lead our line. I've always thought of him as a back-up
    He will get 15-20

He will not get 25-30+ like Henry would season upon season

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    If you go by goals to apps ratio, then yes I would share the same concerns.

But if you were to luck at his minutes per goal then you'll see that he should score 20 goals in the league.

The one thing we'll lack with him is the aerial presence because of his height but he'll be a great signing if we can pull him off.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I would be furious to lose out to Arsenal for him, when you consider that they spend c.£100m on Lukaku.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will get time to prove if he can score 15+ goals a season, we need Atleast 20 goals a seaaon from our main striker.
    I reckon he can get 20 PL goals.

If he was taller, he would have all the ingredients to be a complete number 9 but more than good enough for Arsenal.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Decent.

But Arsenal still not going out and buying the gun players for champions league

Liverpool in the last few years:

£80m+ for a keeper
    £80m+ for VVD
    £80m+ for a CF

That’s what you call proper, no nonsense transfer business!
    We may buy Nkuku for £100m but I'm not sure he's worth it.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon he can get 20 PL goals.

If he was taller, he would have all the ingredients to be a complete number 9 but more than good enough for Arsenal.
    He definitely has those finisher instincts like Chicharito (who I think was very underrated). The type of player who can pre-empt and read the play, and knows where to be at the right time.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We may buy Nkuku for £100m but I'm not sure he's worth it.
    That aint happening. no chance Arsenal will pay 100M for one player.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done deals:

Turner - 5m
    Marquinhos - 3m
    Vieira - 30m

Likely deals:

G Jesus - 50m
    Tielemens - 40m
    Hickey - 18m

Rumours:

Raphinha - 50m

Those are the names mostly mentioned from reliable transfer sources. Then again, we may just wake up and a new name is already doing a medical, like the Vieira signing.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Done deals:

Turner - 5m
    Marquinhos - 3m
    Vieira - 30m

Likely deals:

G Jesus - 50m
    Tielemens - 40m
    Hickey - 18m

Rumours:

Raphinha - 50m

Those are the names mostly mentioned from reliable transfer sources. Then again, we may just wake up and a new name is already doing a medical, like the Vieira signing.
    If we sell Pepe which i think will happen we need another right winger.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Gunners strengthened their squad today by completing the signing of Fabio Vieira from Porto and Mikel Arteta is reportedly looking to bring in a few more.

Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus and Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans have also been particularly heavily linked, while reports keep cropping up of interest in Asensio.

Transfer gossip: Arsenal’s second bid for centre-forward, City target Germany star

The Real Madrid attacker only made 19 starts in La Liga over the past season but still managed to score ten times for Los Blancos in the league.

Asensio wants to be playing more matches and there have been rumours of him leaving for the Premier League this summer with one report suggesting Manchester United were in the lead for his signature.

However, Sport (via Sport Witness) claims that Arsenal ‘could bet more’ on Asensio than other interested clubs this summer with the Gunners ready to sign him ‘at all costs’.

Asensio, who has one year left on his deal at the Bernabeu, wants a wage increase from €4.4m a year to €7m but Real are currently only offering him a new contract on his existing terms.

The Spain international knows his role at Real Madrid is ‘declining’ and would like to get back to playing regularly so that he makes the plane to Qatar later this year for the 2022 World Cup.

Speaking recently about his future, Asensio told AS: “I have one more year in my contract yet here we are talking about me leaving Real Madrid. This is an important moment for me, I will not deny it.

“I am more mature and not only on the field, this is an important moment and I will have to make important decisions.

“Me and my family know that I have to keep growing and moving forward. I want to achieve important things in football and they help me do that.

“Considering how this season went and what I experienced during my career, it’s true that I want more, I’m hungry for more and I would retire if it wasn’t like this, but I have many more challenges to achieve.

“I want to be the best player I can become and that’s why I keep working. I think this season it paid off even though I probably didn’t play many minutes. I want to play more and contribute more to the team.

“I know what our coach thinks. He’s happy about my season and he trusts me, this is something he told me himself.

“It’s true that I didn’t have the time to think and consider many things because of the Champions League final and the celebrations, but when these next two weeks with the national team end, we will talk about it all.

“This is something that my agent is taking care of. When the upcoming games with Spain are over, we will have to think about it. I want to keep growing and I want to achieve more things.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tran...991e63a2529495

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Arsenal after Ajax LCB and LB - Lisandro Martinez.

That must mean Rob holding and Mari being sold?

We dont need 5 or 6 CB at club.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Done deals:

Turner - 5m
    Marquinhos - 3m
    Vieira - 30m

Likely deals:

G Jesus - 50m
    Tielemens - 40m
    Hickey - 18m

Rumours:

Raphinha - 50m

Some stories now saying we wont get Tielemens unless we get rid of xhaka. Which is stupid, we need to sign Tielemens, if xhaka is sold he can then be replace by someone else.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some stories now saying we wont get Tielemens unless we get rid of xhaka. Which is stupid, we need to sign Tielemens, if xhaka is sold he can then be replace by someone else.
    Ornstein article mentioned that. Strange, but perhaps they see other players in the squad already as candidates for the Tielemens/Xhala role.

The article said that Vieira was likely not a pre-planned transfer but an opportunity for big talent too good to pass up, and that they see him as a 10 or an 8, which means he could play in the midfield alongside Partey. There's also the possibility of Odegaard or ESR training to play in that position more often.

Could be thinking of main midfielders Partey, Xhaka/Tielemens, Lokonga, Elneny and secondary attacking options of Vieira, Odegaard, ESR. I wouldn't be against that, as long as it's Tielemens and not Xhaka. Tielemens is superior on the ball and far better at escaping the press which is important in a league of predominantly pressing teams. I have a higher opinion of Lokonga than you do and Elneny is good enough to fill in sporadically when needed.

It's not an elite midfield but I would settle for it this window if we hit other key attacking targets like Vieira, Jesus, Raphinha etc.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal after Ajax LCB and LB - Lisandro Martinez.

That must mean Rob holding and Mari being sold?

We dont need 5 or 6 CB at club.
    He was just crowned Ajax's Player of the Season, he's only 24 and sounds like a big talent. He covers LB and CDM too.

Mari was on the way out anyway, this would definitely signal the end for Holding and most likely Nuno. Rules out a move for Hickey too.

Looks like they want to replicate the Man City Dias-Stones, Laporte-Aké model. They're vying for G Jesus and just signed the next Bernardo Silva in Vieira, so Arteta is clearly a heavily inspired man.

Promising signs to see so much activity for big talents IMO. I still think we'll hit all our big targets and this will be a great window hopefully.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ornstein article mentioned that. Strange, but perhaps they see other players in the squad already as candidates for the Tielemens/Xhala role.

The article said that Vieira was likely not a pre-planned transfer but an opportunity for big talent too good to pass up, and that they see him as a 10 or an 8, which means he could play in the midfield alongside Partey. There's also the possibility of Odegaard or ESR training to play in that position more often.

Could be thinking of main midfielders Partey, Xhaka/Tielemens, Lokonga, Elneny and secondary attacking options of Vieira, Odegaard, ESR. I wouldn't be against that, as long as it's Tielemens and not Xhaka. Tielemens is superior on the ball and far better at escaping the press which is important in a league of predominantly pressing teams. I have a higher opinion of Lokonga than you do and Elneny is good enough to fill in sporadically when needed.

It's not an elite midfield but I would settle for it this window if we hit other key attacking targets like Vieira, Jesus, Raphinha etc.
    i agree we need tielemens over xhaka, hes more mobile, better passer and scores goals, also good on set pieces, yes hes not defensively but partey can do that job next to him. i dont think elneny or lokonga as squad players are good enough, like i say its not elite midfield and we need an elite midfield squad. we got bullied in to many away games last year.

Just Jesus and eddie as 2 strikers would not be enough, we are in europe this season, plus jesus will be at world cup so will need to be rested in some PL games, or if he got injured having eddie as only back up would be poor. we do need to sign Raphina or another wide forward.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He was just crowned Ajax's Player of the Season, he's only 24 and sounds like a big talent. He covers LB and CDM too.

Mari was on the way out anyway, this would definitely signal the end for Holding and most likely Nuno. Rules out a move for Hickey too.

Looks like they want to replicate the Man City Dias-Stones, Laporte-Aké model. They're vying for G Jesus and just signed the next Bernardo Silva in Vieira, so Arteta is clearly a heavily inspired man.

Promising signs to see so much activity for big talents IMO. I still think we'll hit all our big targets and this will be a great window hopefully.
    i do think Arteta wants multi functional players, to make team and formation more fluid. plus we need quality player at LB as tierney cant be trusted to stat fit.

I think tavares, holding, Mari, AMN, torriera, leno, riess nelson, xhaka, pepe should all be sold.

Would you be happy with just 2 strikers jesus and eddie?

i think balogun will be loaned out again.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hearing rumours that Jesus' representatives are use Arsenal to attract more offers for him. I hope this isn't true.

At the same time I've also heard, Arsenal made a bid of £30m. Give City what they want otherwise Chelsea will beat us to it.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree we need tielemens over xhaka, hes more mobile, better passer and scores goals, also good on set pieces, yes hes not defensively but partey can do that job next to him. i dont think elneny or lokonga as squad players are good enough, like i say its not elite midfield and we need an elite midfield squad. we got bullied in to many away games last year.

Just Jesus and eddie as 2 strikers would not be enough, we are in europe this season, plus jesus will be at world cup so will need to be rested in some PL games, or if he got injured having eddie as only back up would be poor. we do need to sign Raphina or another wide forward.
    Lokonga is a good talent. He had a good run of form and games towards the end of 2021, especially when playing alongside Partey. Then Xhaka-Partey established a good partnership from January onwards, and Lokonga sat on the bench for a few months. He got thrown into the deep end to play that #6 role when Partey got injured and he wasn't ready for that responsibility and pressure.

He's shown he can be sharp and smart on the ball. He's got that Partey/Thiago gene of using his body well to turn or fake out of a pressure situation. He carries the ball well, hits a few good passes. Needs to work on developing his physicality and bravery (goes missing and hides too much from the ball), but he's a 22 year old just arrived from the Belgian league. The talent is definitely there, that's why Kompany, his manager at Anderlecht, spoke in such glowing terms about him.

All that is to say:

#6 - Partey, Elneny (experienced, mature, cool heads)
    #8 - Tielemens, Lokonga, Vieira (young, energetic, mobile ball carriers)

The #8 to play alongside Partey can be changed depending on the opposition, occasion, needs of the team etc. Elneny would only come in when Partey is unavailable, and he showed in pressure games at the end of last season he can do a good enough job. Whether we had to sell Xhaka to afford Tielemens, or we have both of them, doesn't make that much difference to me.

If you look at our competitors, that's a good enough midfield to get top 4 as long as the pieces in front do their job. When Partey is fit and fully firing, I'd say the level of that midfield is actually above our top 4 competitors. But if any of the 2 midfielders are totally off it in a game, we could still get bullied at big away grounds.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do think Arteta wants multi functional players, to make team and formation more fluid. plus we need quality player at LB as tierney cant be trusted to stat fit.

I think tavares, holding, Mari, AMN, torriera, leno, riess nelson, xhaka, pepe should all be sold.

Would you be happy with just 2 strikers jesus and eddie?

i think balogun will be loaned out again.
    Jesus-Eddie are not big, exciting names on paper but they're good system players and will fit in well for Arteta's team. Jesus will not bag 20+ goals (more like 15), but we don't necessarily need that. We are not a traditional #9 team, kind of like City last year, we rely on sharing the goals around.

Auba-Laca-Eddie collectively got 13 league goals last season, yet we only scored 7 less than Spurs with Son-Kane (40 goals between them). Jesus-Eddie, plus a winger like Raphinha, more goals from Tielemens/Vieira/Odegaard in midfield and our young attackers a year older can more than bridge that gap. We have a good, well-coached attacking system such that we don't need to rely on a Son or Kane to get golden boots, we just need more goalscorers on the pitch. Jesus can do the dirty work Lacazette was doing, but can actually finish the chances too. He's got experience on the big stage in the pressure moments.

Replacing Pepe, who only scored 1 goal and started 5 games (none after October), with a Raphinha, who will actually contribute attacking threat and take minutes from our over-worked youngsters, will be good enough for the wide spots.

Rotating Jesus (who can play anywhere across the front 3), Nketiah, Saka, Raphinha, ESR, Martinelli, Marquinhos (?), across the front 3 spots, with the creative threat of Odegaard, Vieira, Tielemens, Tierney behind, will produce a very healthy output IMO.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I (and Arsenal) would love to get big stars, another midfielder, another winger, a better striker than Eddie, but we have to share money pragmatically around the squad.

We can't do a Chelsea and have 400m worth of solely attacking talent. With some good coaching, the current plan would work well enough.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Port Isaac
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do these signings even fit any system?. There's clearly no coherent plan right now. Get rid of the Lego head and keep the likes of Torreiira, Saliba.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    This season’s north London derbies are set to become increasingly unrecognisable with both Arsenal and Tottenham seeking upgrades that could take the fixture to a different level.

The fiercest of rivals battled for a future-defining spot in the Champions League last season, and with Spurs winning-out, they appear to be on the ascendancy.

Antonio Conte has decided to stay, and been given a £150million boost, which has already gone towards the impressive signings of Ivan Perisic and Yves Bissouma.

But if you had the impression that Arsenal were still reeling from losing out on fourth place and giving their enemies a psychological advantage, you’d be mistaken.

Roundly applauded for his transfer work last summer, Mikel Arteta is back at it, and could soon have a team even further built in his image.

Two players have already made their way through the door at the Emirates in the shape of US goalkeeper Matt Turner and Brazilian youngster Marquinhos, but things are now set to get even more interesting.

The imminent arrival of Fabio Vieira – who has now completed a £34m move from Porto – came out of nowhere, and mere hours later, the news of a £25m bid for Ajax defender Lisandro Martinez emerged.

Both players would add to positions of depth for the Gunners, but according to The Athletic, the pair are deemed too good to pass up.

Arsenal’s top four tilt was derailed by injuries in the second half of the season, and with more additions on the way, there’s reason to suggest this campaign will be a far less frustrating one.

There’s a bigger area of need up front, and long-time target Gabriel Jesus now looks like he could finally arrive in a £50m deal from Manchester City, and he is seen as a huge upgrade on Alexandre Lacazette who recently left.

Much of Arteta’s reign has been replacing players who aren’t up to the standard with higher quality recruits, and nowhere more so than with their record signing Nicolas Pepe.

The rarely-seen Ivorian could soon leave London after a failed £72m move, with Leeds superstar Raphinha a potential replacement.

The Spanish coach may also finally be able to resolve one issue that has dogged his time at the club, with Granit Xhaka and his red cards also potentially set for an upgrade in the shape of Leicester’s Youri Tielemans.

Arteta is about to enter his third full season in management, and while the jury was still out last season, they’re set to return, and the Gunners boss may well have a convincing argument once they see the team sheet.

https://talksport.com/football/11323...uri-tielemans/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Eddie Nketiah signs new long-term contract at Arsenal and switches to No 14 shirt number

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie Nketiah signs new long-term contract at Arsenal and switches to No 14 shirt number

Not a fan of the number change.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not a fan of the number change.
    Thierry Henry wore 14 I believe?

Not quite Henry standard is Eddie, lol.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thierry Henry wore 14 I believe?

Not quite Henry standard is Eddie, lol.
    We've a habit of that. Walcott was the one to get Henry's 14 first, and William Gallas was awarded Bergkamp's 10.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  90.6 KB

Essentially a 75% chance that he will be involved in a goal when starting.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not worth 100k a week and isnt good enough to wear 14 shirt.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Brazil forward Raphinha from Leeds United, with Barcelona's interest in the 25-year-old having cooled. (Goal)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Fabio Vieira has joined us from FC Porto on a long-term contract.

The 22 year-old midfielder, who made 54 appearances during his time with Porto, developed through the Portuguese club’s youth academy, making his first team debut in June 2020 and was part of the Primeira Liga winning squads in both 2019/20 and 2021/22.

Fabio is a Portuguese Under-21 international and has scored an impressive 13 goals from his 21 appearances. He also represented his country at youth level, playing all five tournament matches as Portugal finished runners-up at the 2019 UEFA Under-19 Championship.

During last season’s Primeira Liga winning season, Fabio made 27 appearances, scoring six goals and making 14 assists during the league campaign.

Technical Director Edu said: “We’re so pleased to have completed the signing of Fabio from FC Porto. Fabio is a player with special qualities who is comfortable with the ball in the final third of the pitch. We are all looking forward to working with him and enjoying his future contribution to Arsenal. We will now continue to work hard and are looking forward to finishing this transfer window as strongly possible.”

Mikel Arteta added: ”I am very excited that we have identified and signed such a special talent. Fabio is a very creative player that will bring high quality and versatility to our attacking play. We welcome Fabio and his family to our club and are looking forward to starting work with him ahead of the new season.”

Fabio will wear the number 21 shirt and join up with his new team mates soon for pre-season training.

Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Fabio to the club.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

Arsenal.com

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Brazil forward Raphinha from Leeds United, with Barcelona's interest in the 25-year-old having cooled. (Goal)
    This would a statement of intent signing, good age, PL proven already and would push Saka to improve even more with competition for places.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This would a statement of intent signing, good age, PL proven already and would push Saka to improve even more with competition for places.
    Possibly but I'd imagine Saka would then play on the left to accommodate Raphina on the right.

If I was Arsenal I would bid £30m-£35m and offer Pepe as part exchange.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Possibly but I'd imagine Saka would then play on the left to accommodate Raphina on the right.

If I was Arsenal I would bid £30m-£35m and offer Pepe as part exchange.
    Leeds have already rejected a €45 million bid from Barcelona, Arsenal will need to do far better than that.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arsenal named as shock contender to bring back Alexis Sanchez but face one Prem threat

Arsenal are being linked with a surprise reunion with Alexis Sanchez ahead of the striker’s exit from Inter Milan – but could face competition from elsewhere.

It is fair to say the most successful period of Sanchez’s career came when he was at Arsenal. Between 2014 and 2018, he scored 80 goals in 166 appearances for them. In the years that have followed, he has never quite hit the same heights.

An 18-month spell with Manchester United was underwhelming, before he left the Premier League behind. The former Udinese attacker ended up back in Serie A with Inter Milan from 2019 onwards.

His time there is now approaching its end, despite there still being 12 months left on his contract. Inter are evolving their attack, with the planned acquisitions of Romelu Lukaku and Paulo Dybala.

It means Sanchez – who scored nine times for them in the 2021-22 season – could be offloaded. Even at the age of 33, there are a few major clubs who still believe in him.

According to Chilean source La Tercera, Arsenal are one of the clubs observing Sanchez’s situation.

However, another option for the former Barcelona star would be to sign for Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa. In fact, they are reportedly willing to match his €8m annual salary (£132,000 per week) from Inter.

Further afield, the leading contenders for his signature appear to be Marseille. The French outfit are managed by his former national team boss Jorge Sampaoli.

Alternatively again, Barcelona could lure him back to La Liga – or Atletico Madrid could present him with a new option in Spain.

It is somewhat surprising to see Arsenal linked with Sanchez again. True, his previous spell there was good, but his form since has not been.

Besides, Arsenal have been building a younger attack with the likes of Eddie Nketiah, Gabriel Martinelli, Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard and Emile Smith Rowe.

Indeed, it may help to add some experience to the mix. But that does not mean Sanchez would be the right solution, even if Arsenal are in need of options up front.

Likewise, a return to Barcelona would not seem wise given their depth in attack and pursuit of other options.

Instead, Sanchez should look for a completely new experience this summer. Could Villa be appealing? Perhaps, but there may be more logic behind a reunion with Sampaoli at Marseille.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...8542534107c8c9

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leeds United receive offer from Arsenal for Raphinha

Arsenal have sent a formal offer to Leeds United for winger Raphinha, The Athletic understands.

It is believed Arsenal made contact with their Premier League counterparts on Tuesday and indicated their intention to submit a proposal.

A bid is thought to have followed this evening but it fell well below Leeds’ valuation and is expected to be rejected out of hand.

Arsenal are firm admirers of Raphinha and want to add him to their attacking options.

The 25-year-old Brazil international has long been expected to join Barcelona and the Catalan side are known to be his favoured option, although their pursuit is complicated by financial problems.

After Barcelona, Chelsea are said to be Raphinha’s preferred destination and not only would a move there provide Champions League football but potentially also a better chance of winning major trophies.

Then come Arsenal — they play Europa League football next season — and Tottenham, who qualified for the Champions League and are considering Raphinha but he is not their first-choice option.

Raphinha has enjoyed two fine seasons since moving to Leeds, scoring 17 Premier League goals in 65 top-flight appearances.

The Athletic reported earlier this month that Leeds are sympathetic to Raphinha’s ambition and do not intend to be unfair or obstructive if their valuation is met.

It is understood that Leeds no longer anticipate Raphinha accepting a new contract — something that appeared to be on the cards midway through the season — and although he has not directly asked for a transfer, it is no secret that he sees himself playing in European competition.

Raphinha's current deal is due to expire in 2024.

Arsenal have already agreed deals to sign Marquinhos, Matt Turner and Fabio Vieira this summer.

The Athletic

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Leeds have already rejected a €45 million bid from Barcelona, Arsenal will need to do far better than that.
    Edu just needs to offer £55 Million that leeds want, i hate this just low ball offers. the longer its dragged out the more chance chelsea or Barca find time to sign him.

Need to sign jesus and Raphina in next week at latest.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes but with Pepe, £30m-£35m is a good deal for both sides.

Pepe is more than good enough to play for Leeds and he needs it if he wants to get another crack at playing for a big side.

If Pepe is happy to remain in the PL this would be a good move for him and Leeds.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes but with Pepe, £30m-£35m is a good deal for both sides.

Pepe is more than good enough to play for Leeds and he needs it if he wants to get another crack at playing for a big side.

If Pepe is happy to remain in the PL this would be a good move for him and Leeds.
    I doubt pepe would want to go to leeds, i csn see him going to spain or back to france.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    think arsenal should sell pepe to someone like ac milan - they need a right sided winger/wingforward - however they have just announced that thr total budget for this summer is only 45m euros.

Still expecting a big loss if he gets sold

Gabriel Martinelli needs to be playing many more games this season

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2956 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Arsenal's opening bid for Raphinha will be rejected as it falls below Leeds' valuation of the Brazil forward.

Leeds are under no pressure to sell Raphinha, 25, as he has two years left on his contract - although he is not expected to sign a new deal at Elland Road.

Arsenal are expected to go back in with an improved offer.

Barcelona are also understood to want to sign Raphinha, whose agent is the former Barca player Deco.

The Brazil international joined Leeds from Ligue 1 side Rennes on a four-year deal in October 2020, contributing six goals and eight assists in 29 Premier League games in his debut campaign, while last season the player managed 11 goals and three assists in his 35 league matches.

Meanwhile, Arsenal remain in talks over the signing of Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus.

City's asking price for the Brazil international is thought to be £50m.

"I think it's too early to say it would give them the edge as there's a long way to go in the transfer window and Arsenal are having to catch up. It won't be easy next season as they will be in the Europa League.

"The Thursday-Sunday schedule does have a negative impact on domestic performance so it's going to be tough for Arsenal to bridge the gap.

"If you're going to do that, you've got to be encouraged by the club doing their business early. Addressing a big area up front in signing Gabriel Jesus is a positive step.

"His goals-to-expected-goals ratio is one of the weakest in the Premier League since he arrived but his goalscoring has been prolific. He's got more than a goal every other game so his productivity has been very high.

"Arsenal have been crying out for someone to be on the end of those chances consistently. It was the one thing that was missing last season."

Arsenal will start their 2022/23 Premier League campaign away at Crystal Palace on August 5, live on Friday Night Football.

Mikel Arteta's side, who finished fifth in the Premier League last term, will then host Leicester City on August 13 before travelling to newly-promoted Bournemouth on August 20.

The Gunners' first north London derby will take place at Emirates Stadium on October 1, while the return game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is early in the new year on January 14.

Arsenal's final game before the season pauses for the winter World Cup will be away to Wolves on the weekend of November 12/13. They will then return to action on Boxing Day, entertaining West Ham.

The final day of the Premier League season is on May 28, where Arsenal will close out their campaign at home to Wolves.

SKY

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt pepe would want to go to leeds, i csn see him going to spain or back to france.
    That's why we need to convince him of the merits in staying in the PL and take inspiration from what Raphina achieved at Leeds.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    50M for jesus (1 year left on contract) + £220,000 a week seem a huge gamble. Hes not a prolific goal scorer, if he moves to Arsenal he will get limited chances created for him per game compared to City, Arteta already shown he couldnt get besr out of other strikers at club. Arsenal need a 20 goal a season striker to have a chance of top 4 and winning europa.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    50M for jesus (1 year left on contract) + £220,000 a week seem a huge gamble. Hes not a prolific goal scorer, if he moves to Arsenal he will get limited chances created for him per game compared to City, Arteta already shown he couldnt get besr out of other strikers at club. Arsenal need a 20 goal a season striker to have a chance of top 4 and winning europa.
    Bayern signing Mane for £35m whilst we out here signing Jesus of £50m.

This is all of Arsenal’s wrong doing. They were not willing to spend the right amount of money for the top players over a decade ago. What has it resulted in? No Champions league today and seemingly no easy way back into champions league because the weaker clubs have caught up and are spending big on players too!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This is all of Arsenal’s wrong doing. They were not willing to spend the right amount of money for the top players over a decade ago. What has it resulted in? No Champions league today and seemingly no easy way back into champions league because the weaker clubs have caught up and are spending big on players too!
    Our striker situation and planing has been poor for a while now. If we go back to start of last season - Auba had 2 years left and laca one on his contract, so the club should have bought a new striker last season and phased laca out. Instead now we are in a situation where we are currently left with Eddie, we need 2 new forwards now and clubs will know that, so Arsenal now have to over pay on decent players and cant afford mistakes in transfer market.

Also are midfield is poor - xhaka, elneny and lakonga arent good enough, they can do an honest job at best. we are 1 partey injury away from issues again next season.

missing out on CL last season will have more long term effects on club.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Our downhill spiral began in 2006 but our status as a club, that is no longer worthy of top 4 was thanks to Wenger when he bought Lacazette, Mustafi and Xhaka. Imagine wasting over £100m on such trash.

I know Xhaka has improved but look how many years it took.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our striker situation and planing has been poor for a while now. If we go back to start of last season - Auba had 2 years left and laca one on his contract, so the club should have bought a new striker last season and phased laca out. Instead now we are in a situation where we are currently left with Eddie, we need 2 new forwards now and clubs will know that, so Arsenal now have to over pay on decent players and cant afford mistakes in transfer market.

Also are midfield is poor - xhaka, elneny and lakonga arent good enough, they can do an honest job at best. we are 1 partey injury away from issues again next season.

missing out on CL last season will have more long term effects on club.
    Do you think Tielemens is the answer? My concerns with him are to do with his lack of pace. Overall he's seems too similar to Xhaka in style and calibre.

We should snapped up Bissouma. He would have been perfect fit with Partey alongside him.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Do you think Tielemens is the answer? My concerns with him are to do with his lack of pace. Overall he's seems too similar to Xhaka in style and calibre.

We should snapped up Bissouma. He would have been perfect fit with Partey alongside him.
    Tielemens isnt great defensively but that wouldnt be his job, hes got good passing range, good ball carrier and score goals, our midfield is so poor on goal contributions and that needs to improve.

i think we should have signed bissouma especially as he had 1 year. A midfield 3 of partey, bissouma and Tielemens would have taken us forward. oddegaard is to weak and lightweight to play number 8 position in bigger games or away games. im hearing ge might be made captain which is poor move, yeah hes norway captain but huge diff containing club side in PL.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Well this looks like a big deal for Arsenal:

BREAKING: Arsenal have reached an agreement in principle with Manchester City to sign Gabriel Jesus

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Well this looks like a big deal for Arsenal:

BREAKING: Arsenal have reached an agreement in principle with Manchester City to sign Gabriel Jesus
    we will see how good he really is, going from a free flow high scoring team to one which doesnt create many chances, he will find out like Auba and laca did under Arteta as a striker your feeding on scraps.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we will see how good he really is, going from a free flow high scoring team to one which doesnt create many chances, he will find out like Auba and laca did under Arteta as a striker your feeding on scraps.
    Scraps or no scraps. Laca was beyond awful. He didn’t belong to the PL.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7794 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    I am surprised Arteta is not going all out for Arthur Melo.

He has slipped off the radar after leaving Barcelona but at his best, he is one of the most talented CMs around. He is not settled in Juventus and he is only 25.

He play the Gundogan role for Arsenal and would be the perfect DLP. Would love to see a serious bid for Frenkie but unfortunately it is not going to happen; he either stays at Barcelona or reunites with his mentor at United.

Arsenal are doing some proper business in this window. Smart and astute signings and I hope there is more to come.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I am surprised Arteta is not going all out for Arthur Melo.

He has slipped off the radar after leaving Barcelona but at his best, he is one of the most talented CMs around. He is not settled in Juventus and he is only 25.

He play the Gundogan role for Arsenal and would be the perfect DLP. Would love to see a serious bid for Frenkie but unfortunately it is not going to happen; he either stays at Barcelona or reunites with his mentor at United.

Arsenal are doing some proper business in this window. Smart and astute signings and I hope there is more to come.
    Do you think he's better than Tielemens?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Scraps or no scraps. Laca was beyond awful. He didn’t belong to the PL.
    Laca was one of worst striker signings ever. The fact he was nowhere near french team even when he was score goals for lyon should have been a warning to Arsenal and wenger. Wenger realized the mistake after 6 months and thats why he signed Auba.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Arsenal set to intensify efforts to sign Raphinha from Leeds United

Arsenal are set to intensify their efforts to sign winger Raphinha from Leeds United next week, The Athletic understands.

Further conversations are believed to be scheduled with the 25-year-old’s representatives as the North London club look to secure a deal.

There is a sense around the situation, and among the other teams interested in Raphinha, that Arsenal are now firm favourites for his signature.

Having already seen one offer rejected by Leeds last week, Arsenal are ready to enhance their proposal in the hope it brings them closer to an agreement with their Premier League counterparts.

There is optimism at the Emirates Stadium that they have manoeuvred into a strong position and it is thought Raphinha is open to the potential move.

Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have shown interest in the Brazil international but the former are currently focusing their attention on Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling and the latter’s first-choice target is Everton forward Richarlison.

Raphinha has enjoyed two fine seasons since moving to Leeds, scoring 17 Premier League goals in 65 top-flight appearances.

The Athletic reported earlier this month that Leeds are sympathetic to Raphinha’s ambition and do not intend to be unfair or obstructive if their valuation is met.

It is understood that Leeds no longer anticipate Raphinha accepting a new contract — something that appeared to be on the cards midway through the season — and although he has not directly asked for a transfer, it is no secret that he sees himself playing in European competition.

https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal.../jAfEG1cXfBY0/

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Arsenal set to intensify efforts to sign Raphinha from Leeds United

Arsenal are set to intensify their efforts to sign winger Raphinha from Leeds United next week, The Athletic understands.

Further conversations are believed to be scheduled with the 25-year-old’s representatives as the North London club look to secure a deal.

There is a sense around the situation, and among the other teams interested in Raphinha, that Arsenal are now firm favourites for his signature.

Having already seen one offer rejected by Leeds last week, Arsenal are ready to enhance their proposal in the hope it brings them closer to an agreement with their Premier League counterparts.

There is optimism at the Emirates Stadium that they have manoeuvred into a strong position and it is thought Raphinha is open to the potential move.

Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have shown interest in the Brazil international but the former are currently focusing their attention on Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling and the latter’s first-choice target is Everton forward Richarlison.

https://theathletic.com/news/arsenal.../jAfEG1cXfBY0/
    would be a good signing and add much needed quality going forward and already PL proven as well.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vieira and Jesus (almost) through the door, Raphinha talks advancing.

Seems as if Arsenal aren't messing around for the first time in forever.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Vieira and Jesus (almost) through the door, Raphinha talks advancing.

Seems as if Arsenal aren't messing around for the first time in forever.
    midfield needs strengthening but cant see it happening. we need to be able to control and dominate games in midfield which we cant with current midfield options.