Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Ahmed Shehzad blames Waqar Younis for destroying his career

In a recent interview:

“I have not seen the report myself but a PCB official told me that these remarks have been said regarding me. But I believe that these things should be discussed face-to-face and I am ready to take on that challenge. Then we will see who is right and who is wrong.”

“Maybe I have more things to say and I might even have a bigger reach than them but I opt to stay quiet because you need to live up to your own standards. But their words hurt my career, especially since I was not allowed to present my case.”

"Some of my teammates tried to associate my name with Umar Akmal by planning to give negative impression regarding me."

“This was a pre-planned approach and they wanted to kill two birds with one stone. I will not say their name but I will not make this public. It started from within the team.”

“I requested the media to not pay any importance to such controversies but everyone wanted to enjoy these controversies and that is alright because I am not bothered by it anymore.”

“I have said this before and I will say it again, Kohli’s career picked off amazingly because he found MS Dhoni but unfortunately, here in Pakistan, your own people cannot stand your success.”

“Our own senior players and ex-cricketers cannot digest seeing someone succeed in the cricketing world, which is unfortunate for Pakistan cricket.”

“Kohli’s been struggling for form for the past two years, I was cast aside after two matches. I was told to perform in the Faisalabad tournament and I was the highest score there but still I was not handed another chance.”

Shehzad is now working hard on his domestic performances by making sure he doesn't make past mistakes.

“I have been busy with my training and have been focusing on things from the side lines. The point is to assess things for my personal growth and how I can benefit Pakistan.”

“I have made plenty of mistakes but I have never done injustice to my cricket. These mistakes are not only limited to personal life but they also seep into your cricket and I have addressed the flaws in my game, fitness, and more.”

“There is an entire world outside social media but when I meet fans in real life, they tell me that they have left watching cricket since I haven’t featured whereas others claim they liked the previous team better.”

“I never thought I would play for Pakistan and back then, there were a number of openers available too. Fate works in mysterious ways but you have to ensure that you do your hard work.”

“I had a surgery on my left hand which meant 32 stiches and it took me a year-and-a-half to recover. I did not take any sympathies from the world and I managed all the recovery myself. I even hired my own physios,” he revealed.

“After the gap of a one-and-a-half years, I was not even sure whether I will be able to make a comeback or not. I could not close my fist properly; for a batsman, that is a huge concern. There was a lot of uncertainty throughout that time.”

“Then I made a comeback in KPL and my performances are in front of everyone. After that, I came back to play in Pakistan’s domestic circuit, which I believe is still the best criteria to assess a player's capabilities.”

“I finished fourth in the T20 domestic format. I featured in the four-day and finished the competition with more than 50+ average throughout. I have consistently performed in five tournament and I am extremely happy about my progress.”

“I am focusing on my hard work and I am forever going to remain confident of a return on international stage. I trust Allah Almighty and it is not a hope but my belief that it will happen once again.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy still in Denial stage.
    Fact if after that blow on his head he never recovered.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “There is an entire world outside social media but when I meet fans in real life, they tell me that they have left watching cricket since I haven’t featured whereas others claim they liked the previous team better.”

What the heck!?!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Out of favour batsman Ahmed Shehzad, in conversation with Cricket Pakistan, came out all guns blazing against the toxic culture in the Pakistan Cricket Team. Ahmed Shehzad accused head coach Waqar Younis of destroying his career.

In 2016, then Pak head coach Waqar Younis submitted a report to the PCB, wherein he stated that Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal needed to return back to playing domestic cricket and earn their place back in the squad. Shehzad was extremely taken aback by this and accused the fast bowler of not saying this to him face-to-face.

“I have not seen the report myself, but a PCB official told me that these remarks have been said regarding me,” Shehzad told a media source. “But I believe that these things should be discussed face-to-face, and I am ready to take on that challenge. Then we will see who is right and who is wrong.”

The right-handed attacking opening batter said the words hurt his career and he was "not allowed" to present his side of the story. “Their words hurt my career, especially since I was not allowed to present my case. This was a pre-planned approach, and they wanted to kill two birds with one stone,” he said.

He gave the example of how Virat Kohli's career took off due to MS Dhoni and compared it to Pakistan, stating that people there can't stand each other's success. “I have said this before, Kohli’s career picked off because he found Dhoni, but unfortunately, here in Pakistan, your people cannot stand your success."

He further went on to say that the senior players in Pakistan cannot digest seeing someone else succeed. "Our senior players and ex-cricketers cannot digest seeing someone succeed in the cricketing world, which is unfortunate for Pakistan cricket.”

https://www.dnaindia.com/cricket/rep...career-2963616

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He didn't seem to be the same after being hit on the head. It seemed to damage his confidence as a batter.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's a mediocre cricketer who would never have made it in the first place. Having said that, Waqar Younis is a person who really should know his place. He's someone who has consistently gotten into power struggles whether he was a player/captain or coach.

Particularly in his role as coach, he should leave the selections to the captain/selectors and the ultimate decision-making role to the captain. Far too many times in multiple stints he has tried to strong arm his way and resulted in a toxic dressing room environment.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal blaming Mickey Arthur recently.

Now Ahmed Shehzad blaming Waqar Younis.

Bit of a pattern here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mediocre players blaming others for their poor careers.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure being mediocre is the reason your career was destroyed.

I truly don't understand how he played 81 matches at a 72 SR in ODI's. A very poor 114 SR in T20's too yet somehow blaming others for being terrible. He shouldn't have even played as many International matches as he did.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Umar Akmal blaming Mickey Arthur recently.

Now Ahmed Shehzad blaming Waqar Younis.

Bit of a pattern here.
    Waqar blaming Wasim in the 90s, Saeed Amwar blaming IK and the list goes on. Just imagine if Robin Smith or Dean Jones were PK?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad didn’t score quickly enough to be a top level international batsman but Akmal had a better chance to make it in test and limited overs.

Unfortunately despite initial promise he wasn’t promoted to the top 4 in ODIs and given a run of matches in Asia in tests whereas lesser batsmen were given long ropes as if they were performing like Kohli and De Villiers.

Slow boring batsmen have been backed too many times in the past leading to the low ranking in tests and ODIs and a lack of entertainment factor denting Pakistan cricket in different ways.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    He should have never been dropped from the Test team, his stats and performances in the format didn’t warrant exclusion and he has every right to be upset about it.

However, he was slow in LOIs and failed in the 2015 World Cup so he deserved to be dropped.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar Younis destroyed many careers
    how he became a coach so many times is shocking

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The confidence with which he's constantly comparing his case with Kohli is laughable.

Instead of improving his game, he's instead chosen to blame others for it.

Anyone who saw him during wc15 or even wt20 16 knows how out of place he looked throughout the tournaments. He was just not good enough.

In addition to that, he was an extremely selfish LOI batter. He wouldn't take a single chance to take on the bowler till he had scored 50 runs. (In t20is he would try at times and would fail). Imam has been a big upgrade over him in ODIs.

He was fine in tests but maybe shouldn't have been dropped. But I think his attitude and his insistent denial of his shortcomings played a role in his axing.

I don't know if Waqar Younis is a good option for him to blame or Afridi(who dealt with his tantrums).

But yes, Waqar has been a failure as a coach throughout his various tenures.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His test potential was limited 10 tests in SENA would see his average drop below 35 basically doesn’t have enough ability and aggression to be a decent international batsman.

In today’s ODI cricket he would improve his strike rate due to the flat wickets but still wouldn’t go much above 80 whereas some players are striking over 100.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Just look at his last 10 international scores and the strike-rates.

The numbers tell the story!

13, 4, 24, 14, 19, 44, 27, 22, 8, 0.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zacattakk View Post

What the heck!?!
    Yeh kuch zyada ho gaya.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the only man responsible for his downfall.

Unlike Umar Akmal who was talented but was too lazy and brainless to overcome his shortcomings, Shehzad was never good enough as an opening batsman.

He used to average in the early 30s at at strike rate lower than Misbah and Younis in ODIs. He played way too many games given his abilities, all due to his friendship with Afridi.

People like to talk about how that head injury destroyed his career as if he was some sort of world beater before that.

He was always poor in both ODIs and T20Is, and just about above average in Tests, where he was lucky to play the majority of his limited games on the dead pitches of UAE, at a time when even the likes of Shafiq and Sarfaraz were scoring runs for fun.

Had he kept on playing in Tests, his flaws would have been exposed as soon as he would have stepped out of Asia, just like Shafiq who became a dud once MisYou departed.

We should be thankful that this guy (+ Akmals) are not around the dressing room anymore. Beyond his limited batting abilities, he also brings with him a toxic behaviour capable of destroying the dressing room environment.

Imam and even Shan are a big upgrade over this wannabe Kohli.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just look at his last 10 international scores and the strike-rates.

The numbers tell the story!

13, 4, 24, 14, 19, 44, 27, 22, 8, 0.
    Don't let these awful stats get in the way of his narrative of a terrible injustice done to him.

Debut
    Sep 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best t hing ahmed shehzad did is fail in champions trophy so we could get fakhar

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arif_2021 View Post
    best t hing ahmed shehzad did is fail in champions trophy so we could get fakhar
    And the run out of Jonny Bairstow I think in the semi final

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on Waqar for doing that.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A rubbish batsman with a poor technique. Had enough chances to impress yet mostly failed. It was his endless edges to slip and the keeper that ruined his career

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ramiz Raja in response to Shehzad's allegations:

"It's coming out of frustration. Introspection is required when you are out of the team as your patience and temperament are tested. I would advise him to let the bat do the talking. Keep scoring, and you won't be out of the team."

"Take the example of Shan Masood. He performed well and scored to force his way into the national cricket team."

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Is this Mian Afridi he's referring to? Afridi quitting cricket and him being out of the team..... the timelines align! Shezad looked pretty at the crease but could never pierce the field and rotate strike. Simply built up pressure and dot balls, then gets caught when he attempts a scoring shot!

Looked decent playing tests in UAE, that's about it. Was a walking wicket whenever the pitch offered a bit to the pacers.

He didn't seem to be the same after being hit on the head. It seemed to damage his confidence as a batter.
    Not just his confidence, seemed delusional since then.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Speaking to a media outlet

"Najam Sethi met me in official meetings before the 2015 World Cup. In those meetings, he categorically told me that he was considering me for captaincy"

"He said that I was capable enough to handle the world media and I could present Pakistan's image in front of the world positively"

"We think that you speak well and you dress well. Plus you're performing brilliantly, you're our asset. Since this was Misbah-ul-Haq's last tournament, he said I would lead the Pakistan side after 2015 World Cup and I should behave accordingly"

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So according to him, he was supposed to be Pakistan's captain after Misbah's retirement bacause he had a good dressing sense ?

Secondly, was Najam Sethi drunk or is Shehzad still recovering from that Corey Anderson bouncer ? In what world was he performing "brilliantly" ?

The man was a complete liability at the top of the order, even in his best days.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"Najam Sethi met me in official meetings before the 2015 World Cup. In those meetings, he categorically told me that he was considering me for captaincy"

"He said that I was capable enough to handle the world media and I could present Pakistan's image in front of the world positively"

"We think that you speak well and you dress well. Plus you're performing brilliantly, you're our asset. Since this was Misbah-ul-Haq's last tournament, he said I would lead the Pakistan side after 2015 World Cup and I should behave accordingly"
    If its true that Sethi said this, then the guy is a bigger idiot than I thought. What was Sethi smoking or is Shazad lying?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows how toxic Waqar is. Probably the worst coach i have seen in my lifetime for Pakistan. Shehzad never should have been dropped from the test squad but then again he is responsible for the mess he is in mostly. His LOI performances were below par.

Look at how Babar has done, and what Shehzad could have.

That being said, we have given a lot of trash players a chance in the team. Shehzad is way better than those. He should keep his head down, and perform. Hopefully Allah will make the way.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Naz View Post
    Pretty sure being mediocre is the reason your career was destroyed.

I truly don't understand how he played 81 matches at a 72 SR in ODI's. A very poor 114 SR in T20's too yet somehow blaming others for being terrible. He shouldn't have even played as many International matches as he did.
    This!
    And to think there are certain people who call him an aggressive batter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Speaking in an interview, Shehzad was asked about the actor who should play him in his biopic. "Brad Pitt," the discarded cricketer responded.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Speaking in an interview, Shehzad was asked about the actor who should play him in his biopic. "Brad Pitt," the discarded cricketer responded.
    The guy sure has a high opinion of himself.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Nobody can accuse him of modesty

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Nobody can accuse him of modesty
    I am now awaiting a comment by Pitt Sahib

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Best thing I have read on the internet in last few months

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    A picture needed to go with this news

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brad's acting skills are going to be tested for sure if we ever see this spectacle on screen.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Waqar for getting rid of this joker. Waqar had beef with all the useless stars like Shehzad, Akmal and Afridi. Since their departure the team is looking a lot better

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Basically

I see no difference

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At some point you have to look in the mirror...

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What? You "DRESS WELL" Let's make him captain - LeNajam Sethi: former PCB Chairman

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brad Pitt is too old now. Chris Hemsworth would be better suited for the role.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    What? You "DRESS WELL" Let's make him captain - LeNajam Sethi: former PCB Chairman
    Remember this is Shehzad's version.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very modest, I thought he would go for someone better looking and a greater range. Playing such a multi layered, multi talented person like Shazad is beyond the talents of Brad

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only good think which waqar has done then. Shehzad was truly pathetic in odis and in t20s.

Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It Clearly visible that shehzad needs some help.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Pal View Post
    He’s too tall to play the role of Ahmed Shehzad

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In a recent interview:

“I am focusing on my hard work and I am forever going to remain confident of a return on international stage. I trust Allah Almighty and it is not a hope but my belief that it will happen once again.”
    Lol, Which previous team was better?2011-2015 odi team?

Anyway I would advise Ahmed Shehzad to focus on longer format only, if he ever wants to make a comeback because this is 2022 and his style of batting is outdated for the shorter formats now.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs help.

This is getting out of hand.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Fawad Khan would surely be a better choice than Brad Pitt?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad destroyed his own career with his lack of hunger and commitment to improving his batting and fielding.

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seeing this on Twitter that JUSTICE FOR AHMAD SHAHZAD is trending

Most seem to be fans having good fun with it

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Local.Dada View Post
    Just seeing this on Twitter that JUSTICE FOR AHMAD SHAHZAD is trending

Most seem to be fans having good fun with it
    He still has a lot of fans, probably many hoping that somehow he can make a comeback to the Pakistan side.

The reality is that it will never happen.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kamran Akmal on Ahmed Shehzad:

==

Last month, Pakistan batter Ahmed Shehzad was in the news over his controversial remark on his ouster from the side in 2016. The Pakistan opener had said that he had been unceremoniously removed from the side after then-coach Waqar Younis had presented a report insisting that Shehzad needs to go back to domestic cricket to work on his game. Shehzad had also said that he was “not allowed” to present his side of story.

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ramiz Raja had rebuked the remarks made by Shehzad, insisting that it was “pure frustration.” Now, former Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal has revealed that Shehzad is not allowed to enter the Pakistan high performance training camp.

“They don't allow him in the high-performance training camp. They told him that players who are out of the side for the past 2 years are not allowed. This is the state (of cricket here). They are basically denying entry to players who have represented Pakistan in 100-150 matches. I don't know where we are going,” Akmal told YouTube channel.

“You've made high performance camp for cricketers. At least make it available for them. Now, you have to send e-mail to team's office before entering. What's the logic behind this? Even if you are making such SOPs, do this for U19 players.”

Akmal further revealed that when he was playing for Pakistan, Ramiz Raja (who had retired from the game in 1997, used to access the facilities inside the camp.

"When we were there, Ramiz bhai used to access the facilities inside the training camp. He knows these things. People should ask, why are these SOPs in place?

“He should take notice of this. Ramiz bhai used to come in the camp years after retiring from the game. Can the people at high performance camp dare to stop him now? Can they stop Wasim bhai, Shoaib Akhtar now? I was so sad when Ahmed was stopped from entering, they told him he can't use the facility because he has been out of the team for 2 years,” Akmal said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/crick...294456196.html

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi speaking on a TV show:

“Ahmed Shehzad was targeted because he was close to me and I supported him a lot. I gave him a many chances but after my departure as captain, this became a negative point for Ahmed. People thought that he was my favourite"

“I supported him because I couldn’t find an opener like him in Pakistan at that time. He was also performing well"

Ahmed Shehzad on same show:

“Whatever Shahid bhai says, I have always considered him as my elder brother and the same goes when he was captain"

“I have not been given the platforms I needed to score runs. Do they want me to score runs at my home?”

“I have always performed with good intentions and that is exactly what I will try to do there [KPL]. But nobody can give any guarantees about scoring runs"

“Sometimes I will score runs and sometimes I won’t. I just want people to consider the potential I bring to the table.”
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th July 2022 at 08:29.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ_Pal View Post
    Virat Kohli can play the role of Ahmed SHezad.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Virat Kohli can play the role of Ahmed SHezad.
    Just needs to maintain his current form with the bat and he'll find that there's already fulfilling his role as Ahmed Shehzad.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Just needs to maintain his current form with the bat and he'll find that there's already fulfilling his role as Ahmed Shehzad.
    Virat's current form is 10 times better than Shehzad's peak.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As a very young player he had the potential to become a real player, but like UA,Tufeeq Umar, Imran Nazir and Imran Farhat he didnt work hard enough. The blow to the head was the last straw

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He should have never been dropped from the Test team, his stats and performances in the format didn’t warrant exclusion and he has every right to be upset about it.

However, he was slow in LOIs and failed in the 2015 World Cup so he deserved to be dropped.
    Agreed. Horrible ODI player but did well in tests.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad dropped after the first game against India of CT 17 was one of the best things that happened to Pakistan . Enter Mr Fakhar zaman , and the rest as they say is history .

Good riddance !

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    During a discussion on Pakistan's Samaa TV, Shehzad opened up on the allegations over his ‘indiscipline’ inside the Pakistan dressing room, insisting that all the stories are made up. The Pakistan star also revealed that he read a headline claiming that he and Waqar Younis were involved in a brawl.

“I have heard a lot about myself. I was only told to focus on cricket and that 'we don't listen to media'. I only had an aim to make my country proud. The 'enjoyments' I did, there's no one who didn't do that. I didn't commit any indiscipline"

“There is nothing hidden about me. Media made sure of that. I have even seen headlines claiming I hit Waqar Younis and he hit me back. So, if I had ever disturbed the dressing room environment, people would know. I was always a cheerful presence, kept the team's priority on top. If you have to make headlines, it's up to you.”

“I had said earlier as well, it's only the people close to you who do these things, who can't see your progress. It's better if some things remain hidden. As far as my discipline is concerned, I haven't done anything that is against Pakistan. Every game I played, I committed my 100 percent. I don't have any regret"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shehzad leading the Rawalakot Hawks in this season's Kashmir Premier League - Chance to impress in a new role?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad leading the Rawalakot Hawks in this season's Kashmir Premier League - Chance to impress in a new role?
    He can impress his fan girls as much as he wants.

He is not representing Pakistan ever again, neither is his buddy Akmal.