Indian fans face racist abuse at Edgbaston during 5th Test vs England


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 86
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    Indian fans face racist abuse at Edgbaston during 5th Test vs England

    No end to this.



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Port Isaac
    Runs
    5,222
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    No end to this.

    Seems fame tbh... Not sure why in 2022 that'd be said in an India game....

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,281
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We’re Vaughan & Bumble in the crowd?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After 4:00pm, you can expect anything from the crowd in a Test match in England

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Edgbaston officials are investigating allegations of racism by England fans during the ongoing Test between the hosts and India in Birmingham.

    One account on social media said there was racist behaviour towards India fans in the Eric Hollies stand.

    Another stated the "disgusting racism" faced was "some of the worst abuse we've ever experienced at a match".

    Edgbaston officials apologised and said they would investigate the matter as soon as possible.

    They said in a Tweet: "We're incredible sorry to read this and do not condone this behaviour in anyway."

    An India fan identifying herself as Reena said: "Had an amazing three days watching Test cricket with some brilliant fans from both teams but today ruined the whole experience.

    "Waited a long time for this Test match, what a sad ending."

    BBC


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    9,058
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did watch a scene where a steward was asking an Indian fan to sit down. Thought it was crowd control than anything else.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    46,372
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disgusting. But not a surprise

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    576
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should boycott the last day of the test

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another reason to avoid Birmingham altogether.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2022
    Runs
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting behavior.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,911
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyone View Post
    India should boycott the last day of the test
    why would India surrender a test because of some idiots?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,589
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The English sports fan and alcohol is a tale that never ends well.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    20,629
    Mentioned
    542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good. This type of thing shouldn't happen.


    Bangladeshi Guy

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,544
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why can't people simply enjoy some good cricket? England used to be a very good place to watch cricket in.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    46,372
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Why can't people simply enjoy some good cricket? England used to be a very good place to watch cricket in.
    It still is. It’s fantastic.

    This is a very small minority

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    6,764
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    The English sports fan and alcohol is a tale that never ends well.
    Yep, too much alcohol. one of the reasons it was banned from football grounds decades ago.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    6,764
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    However, it does make you wonder why Indian fans if they were getting called all sorts of things, they need to highlight the P word in their comments?

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,544
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It still is. It’s fantastic.

    This is a very small minority
    But it ruins the game for the fans who face such behavior.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,877
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Inds online join any trend to attack Muslims and often are the instigators of such trends. And when they are the victims there is all the rona dona.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    3,107
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyone View Post
    India should boycott the last day of the test
    …. when their are only 2 runs left to win.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    2,393
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a minority but this does happen in general sometimes to people from different countries who live in England.

    The women are more open minded and generally friendly in England compared to some countries but a minority of people are racist towards non English people.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    42,147
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Another reason to avoid Birmingham altogether.
    IVe been to Edgbaston many many times. I usually sit in the most hardcore English fans stand. They are great supporters, Ive never suffered any racism.

    Imo it seems Indian fans saw their bowlers being smacked all over the place, so bring out a racism claim. Just look at the word they are accusing English fans off, 99% know its Indians not Pakistanis who are playing them.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    42,147
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    After 4:00pm, you can expect anything from the crowd in a Test match in England
    Esp false accusations from Indian fans when their team is getting a good hiding.

    There is no proof this took place. It shouldnt be news until proven.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,877
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I must add to my previous post that racial abuse is horrific and needs to be dealt with. Its the irony that I was pointing out

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    IVe been to Edgbaston many many times. I usually sit in the most hardcore English fans stand. They are great supporters, Ive never suffered any racism.

    Imo it seems Indian fans saw their bowlers being smacked all over the place, so bring out a racism claim. Just look at the word they are accusing English fans off, 99% know its Indians not Pakistanis who are playing them.
    I don't think they would go on Twitter under an identifiable account to make this up.

    I have extended family in West Midlands. One of my cousins told me about how so many Pakistanis in Brum hate Indians and Blacks. I'm afraid to say your views on this matter is a reflection of that.

    I'm glad India is getting a good whooping by England but lets not malign the victims here. If these were Pakistan fans in an England vs Pakistan, I doubt you would be calling them out for bringing out a "racism claim".

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    42,147
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I don't think they would go on Twitter under an identifiable account to make this up.

    I have extended family in West Midlands. One of my cousins told me about how so many Pakistanis in Brum hate Indians and Blacks. I'm afraid to say your views on this matter is a reflection of that.

    I'm glad India is getting a good whooping by England but lets not malign the victims here. If these were Pakistan fans in an England vs Pakistan, I doubt you would be calling them out for bringing out a "racism claim".
    Twitter? Its full of trolls esp Indian trolls.

    Stop with this lame blame game, oh you hate blacks and Indians. lol. You dont know me at all. I dont need to hate anyone but I do know Indians rush with the racist accusations when they cant take losing. It may well be the case here.

    If this is true, someone will be charged or do you think the UK police hate Indians too? It maybe true, it may not but from my experience at Edgbaston, never came across any racism ever.

    Is there any audio or video proof of this racism?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    6,764
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should send those mad Afghan fans into the crowd, even the Paks or even Inzi they'd sort out these upstart goray.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Port Isaac
    Runs
    5,222
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were doing panghra two days ago and now racism?? On a Monday at that?. This seems seriously contrived

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't Indian fans tell the officials and English yobs that "we are not Pakeez!". That way they won't be targeted this way!!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    14,244
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Should send those mad Afghan fans into the crowd, even the Paks or even Inzi they'd sort out these upstart goray.
    Or just send them to Alumrock.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once went to a footie match where someone called me a "rag head". I spent the next 30 minutes putting that geezer in his place by teaching him some history of his own people. I say don't get mad instead get even!. To mostly thick white people all brown people are the same in ethnicity, race and religion!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian people often tell us how Pakistanis are known as "Indians". I have often argued that in many parts of the world Indian's are also known as Pakeez too! No matter how hard they scream "we are Indian's" racists are not listening too ya!. You are racially abused because of your skin colour not country of ethnicity.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    17,101
    Mentioned
    2677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If this is real it is disgraceful.

    But I’m very conscious that while Cricket Australia humoured India and Siraj after their Sydney Test complaints of racism 18 months ago, the New South Wales Police found that the claims were false.

    So we need to hear more about this before we conclude whether or not the claims are genuine.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,432
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be annoying for the white English to see born and bred Indians rabidly supporting India over England. Not talking about tourists or the students.

    But I guess, England have had immigrants for decades now and have had time to get used to this. When Ireland beat England in the 2011 WC, you had some famous English personalities rediscovering their Irish roots and taking pride in the game. So it's probably now a culturally acceptable thing to do. Whatever. But insulting someone racially obviously shouldn't be tolerated.

    To those on this thread expressing skepticism over the claims, you're probably overlooking one thing. Yesterday was the first time England had a dominant period and looked like potential winners. I've watched all the days of play and yesterday was the first time I saw genuine excitement among the English supporters. They were running helter-skelter, chasing each other, playing cringe games and making embarrassing trains. When people are on a high, alcohol or no alcohol, that's when they feel confident to unleash their inner base feelings.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,432
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Did watch a scene where a steward was asking an Indian fan to sit down. Thought it was crowd control than anything else.
    Yeah. Swann on Indian broadcast called her a damp squib or something and thought she was asking the guy to stop waving his flag and sit down.

    I remember chuckling at the time looking at the guy's friend's expression, who looked upset, and interpreting it as "Man, we Indians wherever we go will always be intimidated by authority."

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,589
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    To those on this thread expressing skepticism over the claims, you're probably overlooking one thing. Yesterday was the first time England had a dominant period and looked like potential winners. I've watched all the days of play and yesterday was the first time I saw genuine excitement among the English supporters. They were running helter-skelter, chasing each other, playing cringe games and making embarrassing trains. When people are on a high, alcohol or no alcohol, that's when they feel confident to unleash their inner base feelings.
    I've said it before as well - English people cannot handle alcohol. Their capacity seems lower than other mortals.

    In Bangalore you get Americans and Britishers alike who come to IT companies and when they get taken out to a team lunch/dinner you won't be surprised to see the Americans willing to experiment with all kinds of food even when the spice is pulling the tears out of their eyes, but with the Brits the locals keep a strong eye on and make sure the food is bland + restrict to 1 or 2 pints of beer and nothing more. Otherwise they would cause a scene and lead to a diplomatic incident lol.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Warwickshire CCC and Edgbaston Stadium response to racism investigation.

    Stuart Cain, Chief Executive at Edgbaston, said: “I’m gutted by these reports as we’re working hard to make Edgbaston a safe, welcoming environment for all.

    “Having seen the initial tweets, I’ve spoken personally to the gentleman who raised them and we’re now speaking to the stewards in this area to establish what happened.

    “Nobody should be subject to any form of abuse at Edgbaston. So, once we’ve got all the facts, we will make sure this issue is addressed swiftly.”


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have visited Edgbaston a few times to watch Pak play. No one ever racially abused me


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,432
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I have visited Edgbaston a few times to watch Pak play. No one ever racially abused me
    Maybe they thought you're a white guy

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Maybe they thought you're a white guy
    No! I think the English are afraid of the Scots! You know "Braveheart" and all that i will support Scottish independence!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am afraid the stewards are with the white people too. No amount of complaining is gonna make a difference so be prepared to give it back like me! Sometimes two wrongs do make a right!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    34,881
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    After 4:00pm, you can expect anything from the crowd in a Test match in England
    I have been to a lot of London tests and never heard anything racist even at close of play.

    Whoever was making racist remarks should be throw out of Edgbaston for life.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    34,881
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    It should be annoying for the white English to see born and bred Indians rabidly supporting India over England. Not talking about tourists or the students.

    But I guess, England have had immigrants for decades now and have had time to get used to this. When Ireland beat England in the 2011 WC, you had some famous English personalities rediscovering their Irish roots and taking pride in the game. So it's probably now a culturally acceptable thing to do. Whatever. But insulting someone racially obviously shouldn't be tolerated.

    To those on this thread expressing skepticism over the claims, you're probably overlooking one thing. Yesterday was the first time England had a dominant period and looked like potential winners. I've watched all the days of play and yesterday was the first time I saw genuine excitement among the English supporters. They were running helter-skelter, chasing each other, playing cringe games and making embarrassing trains. When people are on a high, alcohol or no alcohol, that's when they feel confident to unleash their inner base feelings.
    Depends who you ask. I don’t identify as White English any more, but as a White Briton.

    Identity is complex. I know plenty of Ulster Loyalists who shout for Ireland in the football and rugby. Including my own father, who didn’t understand that I identified as English and not Irish in those days. So I have no problem with British Indians shouting for India.
    @James won’t like this but an ugly English nationalism has emerged since the Brexit referendum, with a spike in race hate crimes, and a populist Prime Minister stirring the pot with comments about letterboxes and deliberately starting a culture war.

    It’s gutting to see racism rear its head in 21st century UK and I hang my head in shame at the behaviour of some of my countrymen.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is exempt from being racially abused not even white people. Thing is white people think they can't be abused Wrong, so wrong!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    3,357
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    No one is exempt from being racially abused not even white people. Thing is white people think they can't be abused Wrong, so wrong!
    It’s not the same.
    Majority of white people don’t come into our part of the world.
    More Asians in Europe/UK and USA then whites in this part of the world.
    thirdly we are third world countries. They don’t think we are on the same level

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzy786 View Post
    It’s not the same.
    Majority of white people don’t come into our part of the world.
    More Asians in Europe/UK and USA then whites in this part of the world.
    thirdly we are third world countries. They don’t think we are on the same level
    Sure they are much greater in numbers but i feel that they can still be offended and hurt to! Can always call them "Hitler" and things like that! They may not admit it but is does shame and humiliate them.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do white racists people think brown's and blacks can be repatriated with such cheap words?? Enoch Powell speeches failed in the 1970's and will do so today even more. NF, Britain First and BNP should surely give up now.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 5th July 2022 at 12:52.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    34,881
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Do white racists people think brown's and blacks can be repatriated with such cheap words?? Enoch Powell speeches failed in the 1970's and will do so today even more. NF, Britain First and BNP should surely give up now.
    They are now part of the mainstream Conservative Party.

    Think about it….

    Name:  212A8761-307D-47C6-8500-DDA8BB9D9423.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  29.4 KB

    Already seeing ten of these.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    They are now part of the mainstream Conservative Party.

    Think about it….

    Name:  212A8761-307D-47C6-8500-DDA8BB9D9423.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  29.4 KB

    Already seeing ten of these.
    OMG! I better get out of here then back to my ancestral village in Pakistan! What is gonna happen to the white people like you left in fascist UK when all coloured people leave?. Thanks for having me bro it's time to return to the roots
    Last edited by PakLFC; 5th July 2022 at 13:01.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,432
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    They are now part of the mainstream Conservative Party.

    Think about it….

    Name:  212A8761-307D-47C6-8500-DDA8BB9D9423.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  29.4 KB

    Already seeing ten of these.
    So many of these can be ticked in India too. Seems like a problem round the world.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    13,934
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK could be under the third Reich regime in future years. Meanwhile in India there is Modi another lover and follower of Hitler!!. Seriously, i see a very chilling future here for these two countries. Meanwhile Zionist Israel must be thinking of forming their own fascist Cricket side!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    259
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I've said it before as well - English people cannot handle alcohol. Their capacity seems lower than other mortals.

    In Bangalore you get Americans and Britishers alike who come to IT companies and when they get taken out to a team lunch/dinner you won't be surprised to see the Americans willing to experiment with all kinds of food even when the spice is pulling the tears out of their eyes, but with the Brits the locals keep a strong eye on and make sure the food is bland + restrict to 1 or 2 pints of beer and nothing more. Otherwise they would cause a scene and lead to a diplomatic incident lol.
    Oh we certainly can.... the problem we have, myself included we drink too much!

    I've never experienced any racism on the cricket, and i've sat in the Western Terrace and the Big stand at OT on numerous occasions.

    All things have a cause and effect, and i'm sure kohli's idiotic celebrating didn't help. Not that i'm excusing the racist slurs if it happened, they should be banned.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    182,451
    Mentioned
    2955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    West Midlands Police have launched a criminal investigation into the allegations of racist abuse during last night's Test between England and India at Edgbaston.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,061
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately - after a certain point with so much alcohol downed. This starts to happen. Have witnessed this many times during England v Pakistan tests too.

    The sad thing is that it brings out some of the true feelings of some supporters when under the influence. Those deep rooted feelings cannot be changed. The only solution is to ban or limit the consumption of alcohol at the grounds. Maybe limit the hours that the bars are open or something like that.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Twitter? Its full of trolls esp Indian trolls.

    Stop with this lame blame game, oh you hate blacks and Indians. lol. You dont know me at all. I dont need to hate anyone but I do know Indians rush with the racist accusations when they cant take losing. It may well be the case here.

    If this is true, someone will be charged or do you think the UK police hate Indians too? It maybe true, it may not but from my experience at Edgbaston, never came across any racism ever.

    Is there any audio or video proof of this racism?
    That's not what I'm claiming nor I'm implying. I take your word for it but bro isn't this a bit overboard? Some of the Indians on here deserved to be bashed for their views (especially when it comes to BJP and Modi) but come on this is taking things too far.

    We should get behind our desi brothers and sisters against this racist abuse. Racists see us all the same "curry munchers" and "p**i" is what you get from them and the irony is you're empowering them with these fake news claims. If we don't stand up for them, don't expect any of them to stand up for you.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    259
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Unfortunately - after a certain point with so much alcohol downed. This starts to happen. Have witnessed this many times during England v Pakistan tests too.

    The sad thing is that it brings out some of the true feelings of some supporters when under the influence. Those deep rooted feelings cannot be changed. The only solution is to ban or limit the consumption of alcohol at the grounds. Maybe limit the hours that the bars are open or something like that.
    never, Ever going to happen

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,074
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English people and alcohol - a unedifying lovr story

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    932
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    That's not what I'm claiming nor I'm implying. I take your word for it but bro isn't this a bit overboard? Some of the Indians on here deserved to be bashed for their views (especially when it comes to BJP and Modi) but come on this is taking things too far.

    We should get behind our desi brothers and sisters against this racist abuse. Racists see us all the same "curry munchers" and "p**i" is what you get from them and the irony is you're empowering them with these fake news claims. If we don't stand up for them, don't expect any of them to stand up for you.
    Well said - 100% agree.
    This type of racism affects all Asians not just Indians and we must condemn it.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    46,372
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Warwickshire CCC and Edgbaston Stadium response to racism investigation.

    Updated 12.10pm – Tuesday 5 July
    Said Stuart Cain, Chief Executive at Edgbaston:

    “Any form of abuse isn’t acceptable in life or sport. So, I’m angry about the fact that people think it’s acceptable at an international cricket event and apologise for the distress it’s caused.

    “I have spoken to those who raised the issue on social media, the Stewards managing the Eric Hollies Stand and the Police. There has been a great atmosphere over five days involving more than 100,000 England and India fans but when this issue was reported to the Stewards, they couldn’t pinpoint where the alleged abuse was coming from so stewards and the police monitored the area until close of play.

    “However, we actively support police action in alleged cases of abuse and have provided them with CCTV imagery and further information which has led to them launching a criminal investigation and they are asking people to call 101 and quote reference 20-613293-22 if they have further information.

    “If the police investigations lead to prosecution, then we will ban those involved from Edgbaston and the ECB will also ban them from all other cricket venues nationwide.

    “We have to work harder to stop abuse at its source. So, we urge fans to download the Edgbaston app which allows people to anonymously report abuse directly to the Control Room so that the stewards and police can take immediate action. There was a separate incident reported via the app yesterday, which was dealt with in less than ten minutes and led to the ejection of three fans.

    “For Saturday’s Vitality IT20 versus India we will be writing to all fans to remind them of our zero tolerance approach to abuse and also increasing awareness of the app through wristbands, seat stickers, messages on hi-vis jackets and increased speaker and screen messages.

    “Everybody should feel safe and welcome at Edgbaston, and we will continue to work hard to deliver this expectation.”

    Stuart Cain, Chief Executive at Edgbaston, said: “I’m gutted by these reports as we’re working hard to make Edgbaston a safe, welcoming environment for all.

    “Having seen the initial tweets, I’ve spoken personally to the gentleman who raised them and we’re now speaking to the stewards in this area to establish what happened.

    “Nobody should be subject to any form of abuse at Edgbaston. So, once we’ve got all the facts, we will make sure this issue is addressed swiftly.”

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,061
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpleigh View Post
    never, Ever going to happen
    You’re right, but that’s the only to address this. It won’t happen but it should

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    9,058
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was at the Oval last year, 5th day, Eng vs India, 4th test, sitting 3 rows in front of the Barmy Army, and I can tell you, it's not just English fans who can drink, Indian fans can give a run for their money too, and are equally guilty of racism.

    Reality is this, if an Englishman is being racist, it is picked up cos the racism is in English, on the contrary, Asian fans, hurl racist abuse to the Whiteman, but in Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu etc, so never gets picked up.

    I have been to a number of matches with India involved, and make no mistake, some of the Indian fans are not innocent.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    9,058
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    IVe been to Edgbaston many many times. I usually sit in the most hardcore English fans stand. They are great supporters, Ive never suffered any racism.

    Imo it seems Indian fans saw their bowlers being smacked all over the place, so bring out a racism claim. Just look at the word they are accusing English fans off, 99% know its Indians not Pakistanis who are playing them.
    100% agree.

    Anyone can make a false claim for the desired effect.

    Should not be news until proven.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    31,032
    Mentioned
    4833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    They had it coming, same fans were very abusive towards Mo when he was flaying them, to this day they are still hurt. Now they are crying lol
    Last edited by James; 5th July 2022 at 17:45.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Unfortunately - after a certain point with so much alcohol downed. This starts to happen. Have witnessed this many times during England v Pakistan tests too.

    The sad thing is that it brings out some of the true feelings of some supporters when under the influence. Those deep rooted feelings cannot be changed. The only solution is to ban or limit the consumption of alcohol at the grounds. Maybe limit the hours that the bars are open or something like that.
    Cricket in England will become extinct if this happens

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,432
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Unfortunately - after a certain point with so much alcohol downed. This starts to happen. Have witnessed this many times during England v Pakistan tests too.

    The sad thing is that it brings out some of the true feelings of some supporters when under the influence. Those deep rooted feelings cannot be changed. The only solution is to ban or limit the consumption of alcohol at the grounds. Maybe limit the hours that the bars are open or something like that.
    Booze and subsequent behaviour has always puzzled me. When I drink, as the high is rising, I notice the volume of my speech increasing, probably because my ears get numb or something lol. But once I get to the point I'm totally smashed, or even at the point where I'm staggering around like a non-human, I just become more and more quiet. So I've always felt, people use drink as an excuse. Those who get violent or talk rubbish are merely using it as an excuse. It's not the booze. It's them. They just feel they now have an excuse to express the truth as they see it.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian fans are racist against other teams esp BD,Pakistan,Afghanistan etc.English fans on the whole are not racist but a few of them become abusive after too many pints of beer.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    676
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor behavior. People need to move on.

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    29,960
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    I've said it before as well - English people cannot handle alcohol. Their capacity seems lower than other mortals.

    In Bangalore you get Americans and Britishers alike who come to IT companies and when they get taken out to a team lunch/dinner you won't be surprised to see the Americans willing to experiment with all kinds of food even when the spice is pulling the tears out of their eyes, but with the Brits the locals keep a strong eye on and make sure the food is bland + restrict to 1 or 2 pints of beer and nothing more. Otherwise they would cause a scene and lead to a diplomatic incident lol.
    Absolutely similar experience, maybe general Brits are different but the ones on IT/Consulting/Corporations are stuck up which is in stark contrast to American ones who are willing to try different cultures and yet Americans have a bad rep lol.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    42,147
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    That's not what I'm claiming nor I'm implying. I take your word for it but bro isn't this a bit overboard? Some of the Indians on here deserved to be bashed for their views (especially when it comes to BJP and Modi) but come on this is taking things too far.

    We should get behind our desi brothers and sisters against this racist abuse. Racists see us all the same "curry munchers" and "p**i" is what you get from them and the irony is you're empowering them with these fake news claims. If we don't stand up for them, don't expect any of them to stand up for you.
    I also think bro its important not to tarnish a whole group of fans without any proof or conviction. Police are investigating so if true, someone will be charged and this person(s) should never be allowed into any sporting ground. However ive been to Edgbaston dozens of times. Asians are regulars now. Sure there is banta but never heard direct racism as suggested in the OP. I would be highly surprised in this day and age for an England fan to use such a word loudly in a public place such as Edgabaston, this isnt the 60s. Also think Indian fans were loving life there for the first 3 days. England were poor yet no racism them but as soon as India are getting creamed, these accusations appear.

    We live in a work world and imo these are frustrated fans using this to their advantage.

    I do defend English cricket. Because on the whole its the most inclusive sport inc with fans at the grounds. A great place to take children if you have any.

    We dont need to put fuel on the flames after the Rafiq issues. England have done a lot to , imo too much to bend over backwards because of a few bad apples in their cricket.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Absolutely similar experience, maybe general Brits are different but the ones on IT/Consulting/Corporations are stuck up which is in stark contrast to American ones who are willing to try different cultures and yet Americans have a bad rep lol.
    It's because Americans are more straight talking and don't care about what others think of them. They're not afraid to express their feelings whereas Brits are more reserved about what they really think.

    Also, I guess there are 4-5 times as many Americans as there are Brits and not to forget the spotlight is on Americans, so I guess they're far more susceptible to getting a bad rep.

    When Brits get drunk, they cannot handle it and that's when they show their true colours. Americans can outdrink Brits and don't need alcohol to express their true selves.

    The worst drunks are Brits and no one can stand them. The way they behaved prior to the Euro 2020 final kick off last year and also straight after the game (with their racism against Saka, Rashford and Sancho) was there for the whole world to see.
    Last edited by topspin; 5th July 2022 at 22:40.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    9,058
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I also think bro its important not to tarnish a whole group of fans without any proof or conviction. Police are investigating so if true, someone will be charged and this person(s) should never be allowed into any sporting ground. However ive been to Edgbaston dozens of times. Asians are regulars now. Sure there is banta but never heard direct racism as suggested in the OP. I would be highly surprised in this day and age for an England fan to use such a word loudly in a public place such as Edgabaston, this isnt the 60s. Also think Indian fans were loving life there for the first 3 days. England were poor yet no racism them but as soon as India are getting creamed, these accusations appear.

    We live in a work world and imo these are frustrated fans using this to their advantage.

    I do defend English cricket. Because on the whole its the most inclusive sport inc with fans at the grounds. A great place to take children if you have any.

    We dont need to put fuel on the flames after the Rafiq issues. England have done a lot to , imo too much to bend over backwards because of a few bad apples in their cricket.
    It is a fact that Indian fans were pretty vocal against Bangladesh, WC2019 is proof of this, which is why @topspin is feeling the heat.

    India and Bangladesh are well known for their behaviour when losing.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,967
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    What is really curious is that most of the stewards are Asian yet are frightened to point out who the people are who are shouting the racist abuse.

    If they can't do the job they are supposed to do or are too frightened then they shouldn't be given the responsibility.



  77. #77
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,967
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Cricket in England will become extinct if this happens
    No it won't, rather you will see less and less people of colour attending matches, as you have seen with the fans from the Caribbean who you hardly see at matches these days.



  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    46,372
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What is really curious is that most of the stewards are Asian yet are frightened to point out who the people are who are shouting the racist abuse.

    If they can't do the job they are supposed to do or are too frightened then they shouldn't be given the responsibility.
    Stewards are just random untrained people on minimum wage, they’re systemically useless. I was at Headingley and saw the brawl on the Western Terrace, the stewards just stood watching and radioed the police to sort it out.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    4,432
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    It’s gutting to see racism rear its head in 21st century UK and I hang my head in shame at the behaviour of some of my countrymen.
    You're not responsible in the least for anyone else whom you have zero control over. You should stop feeling guilty. Maybe you're new to this I've had training since 2014 under my present government. Stop feeling guilty, and keep your voice up against what you feel is wrong, as and when you can. That's more than what should be expected of you.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,967
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Stewards are just random untrained people on minimum wage, they’re systemically useless. I was at Headingley and saw the brawl on the Western Terrace, the stewards just stood watching and radioed the police to sort it out.
    So in that case there should be more police or security personnel rather than stewards.

    Too many of these grounds employ useless stewards because they are the cheaper option.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •