England defeat India in record chase by 7 wickets in rescheduled 5th Test at Edgbaston: Series drawn - Page 3


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 282
  1. #161
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    34,881
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    They deserve this humiliation @Mamoon
    Arrogant decision. They had the momentum, they would have won 1-3, and now have to share the series.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shukkar rabba for showing India their real place.
    They deserve this humiliation.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    A proper bowler (pacer) should play in place of Thakur.
    Have always said that Thakur is garbage in whatever he does on a cricket field. Sooner we get rid of him in all formats, better will it be for us.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,028
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of spin options from India should be a big concern.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    4,765
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember an Indian friend congratulating fellow indians on a series victory on day 2

  6. #166
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    4,765
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Have always said that Thakur is garbage in whatever he does on a cricket field. Sooner we get rid of him in all formats, better will it be for us.
    Gill and thakur will play for next 10 years because of their heroics at GABBA

  7. #167
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teams will now think twice before batting first against England in a test match.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    Gill and thakur will play for next 10 years because of their heroics at GABBA
    Sad but true. Gill has been a real disappointment. In fact our entire batting lineup is complete joke. Not one batsman deserves his spot.

    Damn you Kohli!

  9. #169
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VK should have captained. idk Bumrah just didnt look like making the right changes. He himself bowled as much overs as siraj. only bowled 4 overs before coming again after 20 overs and removing crawley in the first over. Then he leaving the field and then pant wasting two reviews. technical blunders. dropped catches. kohli doesnt deserve to be in slips he ll drop catches there. vihari and gill in top 3. They were playing thakur as if he is a spinner. Iyer was just throwing bats at every thing.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    2,948
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic performance from England

  11. #171
    Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    808
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Teams will now think twice before batting first against England in a test match.
    True that. Bold declarations? Forget that.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Seems like Aus and England are the two best teams in Test cricket atm.
    Australia lost to us, both home and away.

    England too were blown away in India and have only drawn this series at home. So go easy.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just amazing. England completely dismantled poor Indian bowling. It was so soothing to see.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Jadeja is not much outside the Subcontinent.

    Ashwin is better and I don't know why they don't pick him here.
    Jadeja doesn't do well away in his primary discipline which is bowling.

    Ashwin, even though was poor in SA earlier this year is still miles better than Jadeja as a bowler. Astonishingly, he hasn't been played in a single test during this test series.

    Selection has been our Achilles heel ever since Kohli took over. Under Dravid, its no better.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are those Indians who were doing Bhangra for past few days.
    Hahahahahhah still in the cave. Ahahahahah

  16. #176
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,347
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England could've easily chased 500 if they had let us score some more. Incredible batting.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing's better than an indian loss after boasting and self praise from Indians.
    It's always very pleasing to see Indians sad.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    46,372
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Australia lost to us, both home and away.

    England too were blown away in India and have only drawn this series at home. So go easy.
    True. England are in the mid to lower part of the WTC and the middle of the rankings for a reason. They are an emerging side

  19. #179
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhangre taan paen ge huunn.buraaaaah

  20. #180
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England gave them such beating they are not gonna forget this for long time.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely want to thank Indian team and their fans for making me this happy.
    Thank you India. You are lifesaver. LOL.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    True. England are in the mid to lower part of the WTC and the middle of the rankings for a reason. They are an emerging side
    Yeah, if it goes on Australia & England will be top-2 tests sides soon.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    6,394
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a tremendous display of batting.

    Wow. Credit to England.

    They have delivered legendary phaintas to NZ/India.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyder View Post
    VK should have captained. idk Bumrah just didnt look like making the right changes. He himself bowled as much overs as siraj. only bowled 4 overs before coming again after 20 overs and removing crawley in the first over. Then he leaving the field and then pant wasting two reviews. technical blunders. dropped catches. kohli doesnt deserve to be in slips he ll drop catches there. vihari and gill in top 3. They were playing thakur as if he is a spinner. Iyer was just throwing bats at every thing.
    Yeah, hardly anyone apart from Pant & Bumrah deserve their place in this team. Imagine, carrying 9 passengers in an XI!

  25. #185
    Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still lots of Indians are missing today.LOL.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Dravid was saying he was completely satisfied with our preparations. Dravid will take down our cricket to new depths. We've been abysmal ever since he took over.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India deserves this humiliation. Lol greatest Fast bowling team. They failed in SA too.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    21,803
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well done England. Terrific batting from Bairstow and Root. Root's batting in this series is right up there with some of the best batting performances over a series alongwith Smith's performance in 2019 tour to England over the last decade or so.

    India have their batting problems to worry about and perhaps the bowlers were taken by shock with the way England top order started and then the middle order duo carried on. Ashwin would have done zilch here. Nobody in the game plays Ashwin better than Root. Actually, we would have lost those 100 runs that Jadeja scored in first inning too.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 5th July 2022 at 17:08.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    23,589
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, England. Well played all around despite the pressure we put you under when Pant was out there.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Actually, we would have lost those 100 runs that Jadeja scored in first inning too.
    lol, as if you know for sure that Ashwin won't have scored any.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,455
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a performance by England.
    Test Championship final Australia vs India/England. Others teams are far behind.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,236
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Lol, Dravid was saying he was completely satisfied with our preparations. Dravid will take down our cricket to new depths. We've been abysmal ever since he took over.
    He is the quintessential yes man

  33. #193
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been recurrent theme with us. We've been horrendous in our 2nd innings for quite some time now.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWarHorse View Post
    He is the quintessential yes man
    Even more so than Shastri?

  35. #195
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,455
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's what happen when you appoint aggressive and proper coach. You go for win but we appointed wanna be coach Saqlain who has no skill and has defensive attitude worse than Misbah.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    21,803
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    lol, as if you know for sure that Ashwin won't have scored any.
    Okay, he would have scored a quick 30-35. That's it. Still India would have lost 70 runs due to that.

    With bowl, Ashwin would have done well vs Stokes but Stokes didn't hurt us with bat in first inning. Jadeja did a good job in Oval last test with bowl, he is better cricketer than Ashwin overseas.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Lol, Dravid was saying he was completely satisfied with our preparations. Dravid will take down our cricket to new depths. We've been abysmal ever since he took over.
    So much for learning your trait at u19 level. A lot of people here were praising him for that role, as if he was ready to manage any side but he humbly chose to go down the u19 path and then walk into the main role


    Truth be told, 1 out of 30 u19 prospects in the period of 2 years will go on to play 50+ Tests for his nation. The real deal is coaching an Adult side at domestic level.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to @James and @Robert . This was a scarcely believable 4th innings.

    For India, I think Vihari needs to be replaced immediately and I'm not sure Shubman is an opener. Wont blame the bowling because of these rubbish Dukes balls and a flattened out pitch.

    England start as favourites to win the test series in Pakistan imo.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    That's what happen when you appoint aggressive and proper coach. You go for win but we appointed wanna be coach Saqlain who has no skill and has defensive attitude worse than Misbah.
    And he lets Babar/Rizwan dictate everything

    Babar and Rizwan have poor cricket IQ

  40. #200
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Experiment with Iyer (in all formats) must get over but it won't. He is a pathetic batsman in all formats.

    The way Baz trolled him by signaling to English bowlers about his apparent weakness when he walked into bat was legendary.

  41. #201
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Congratulations to @James and @Robert . This was a scarcely believable 4th innings.

    For India, I think Vihari needs to be replaced immediately and I'm not sure Shubman is an opener. Wont blame the bowling because of these rubbish Dukes balls and a flattened out pitch.

    England start as favourites to win the test series in Pakistan imo.
    According to @Mamoon

    Gill is already better than all batsmen in South Asia besides the Indian ones

  42. #202
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    14,455
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    And he lets Babar/Rizwan dictate everything

    Babar and Rizwan have poor cricket IQ
    Exactly!!! Saqlain is the cheap option for PCB to save money plus this guy is a yes man and happy to be a signboard coach for PCB.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So much for learning your trait at u19 level. A lot of people here were praising him for that role, as if he was ready to manage any side but he humbly chose to go down the u19 path and then walk into the main role


    Truth be told, 1 out of 30 u19 prospects in the period of 2 years will go on to play 50+ Tests for his nation. The real deal is coaching an Adult side at domestic level.
    Agree with all this.

    Have always thought of Dravid as bit sneaky as surprising it may sound to some.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,236
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Even more so than Shastri?
    Shastri was perhaps only yes man to Kohli.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWarHorse View Post
    Shastri was perhaps only yes man to Kohli.
    Kohli was on a massive decline as a player but he was never really a poor tactician and leader.

    Even now, he was the prominent leading figure on the field. He should not have stepped down as Test captain.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    And he lets Babar/Rizwan dictate everything

    Babar and Rizwan have poor cricket IQ
    Not as bad as yours kamran Ghulam being better then Babar.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Kohli was on a massive decline as a player but he was never really a poor tactician and leader.

    Even now, he was the prominent leading figure on the field. He should not have stepped down as Test captain.
    lol, Kohli is way past his expiry date both as a player and as a captain.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    lol, Kohli is way past his expiry date both as a player and as a captain.
    You can only say that if you had a proper replacement. Who was the worthy candidate? Rohit Sharma will not play Tests 2 years from now

  49. #209
    Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,236
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Kohli was on a massive decline as a player but he was never really a poor tactician and leader.

    Even now, he was the prominent leading figure on the field. He should not have stepped down as Test captain.
    Kohli is done mate. The big worry is the lack of young talent coming through to replace him and Pujara.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    1,090
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    He is a better all format batsman than Babar Azam

    But I will get lynched on this forum for holding this view
    On current form....Bairstow > Bradman

    But cricketers are not defined by 1 purple patch/few good series

  51. #211
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    44,606
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont feel bad about buttler murdering our bowling and when we toured england last time.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Indian fan is missing. He truly deserves this humiliation. How can you not defend 378 with the best bowling line up in history. That’s 3 back to back loses while defending more then enough runs. Poor pant, centuries are being resulted in loses

  53. #213
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    31,032
    Mentioned
    4833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Jiga Bhai Jiga! India Jiga Jiga

  54. #214
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    You can only say that if you had a proper replacement. Who was the worthy candidate? Rohit Sharma will not play Tests 2 years from now
    Forget 2 years, Rohit Sharma won't play too many tests as his heart doesn't seem to be up for its rigors.

    As for replacements, I've always said you get replacements if you try them. If you keep on playing tried and tested failures like, Kohli, Vihari, PuRane you'll get results like this one.

    Kohli especially has been so shameless. His fans used to tell us the day Kohli stops scoring runs he'll quit cricket. We've been waiting with bated breath for that day to arrive for quite some time now.
    Last edited by MP2011; 5th July 2022 at 17:30.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    31,032
    Mentioned
    4833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    What a slaughter, they had the game won but then bottled it like cowards. The AUS wins were w fluke, this teams true nature has been exposed. Kohli should retire, he is an embarrassment

  56. #216
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,007
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And they chased it in 76.4 overs.

    Absolute carnage.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this England team had played India last year,it would have won.England is without Woods and Archer but it has enough bench strength in the bowling department.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,236
    Mentioned
    1313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched much of this Test due to work so will need to see the highlights.

    However it confirms what many were suspecting even prior to this defeat that India must inject fresh blood into the team. That No.1 ranked team under Kohli is showing signs of age and the question is whether Dravid/Rohit are ruthless enough to break it up.

    Kohli himself has been a liability since the start of the pandemic. Without Pant and Jadeja's counter, India would've been in big strife.

    However desi teams are too sentimental with their big names, whereas Australia in the 90s and 00s were excellent at introducing a fresh face every so often. There was always somebody waiting to replace a Waugh (x2), Slater, Taylor etc.

    NZL are looking at the same process too.

    England meanwhile look totally transformed. Hopefully PCB aren't dumb enough to roll out flat decks again.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    20,629
    Mentioned
    542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant win.

    Best Test match I have seen this year.


    Bangladeshi Guy

  60. #220
    Debut
    Mar 2021
    Venue
    The Universe
    Runs
    805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pnenomenal performance by Root and Bairstow

  61. #221
    Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    676
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England are on a roll ever since Baz took over. This is no fluke. They play such attacking cricket that it effects the opponents by creating doubt in their minds in a matter of a few overs.

    There is a lot to learn for snails like Vihari, Pujara etc. Negative cricket in tough conditions will take the team no where.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    14,244
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant drop catch cost them the test.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Pant drop catch cost them the test.
    The Vihari one was more crucial

  64. #224
    Debut
    May 2020
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is invited in bhangra party in celebration of India losing this series……oh wait a minute

  65. #225
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,097
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    If this England team had played India last year,it would have won.England is without Woods and Archer but it has enough bench strength in the bowling department.
    The last series in India were played proper subcontinental minefields where the likes of Axar Patel took wickets for fun. Its a different ball game to chase on those wickets on a fourth and fifth day.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    2,042
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played Eng, had an assignment and wasnt online - Root and JB in absolute purple of the purplest patches and awesome victory!
    For us , there has to be a massive shake up starting with reducing the number of IPL matches and making it a shorter sharper tournament.
    dont know what the WTC schedule looks like but with our defeat here and in SAF dont see us qualifying.
    Well onto the White ball cricket now and also the commonwealth games to look forward to. The Sun will still shine

  67. #227
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    29,960
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Top performance by England , congratulations to their fans on the win!

  68. #228
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    29,960
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Experiment with Iyer (in all formats) must get over but it won't. He is a pathetic batsman in all formats.

    The way Baz trolled him by signaling to English bowlers about his apparent weakness when he walked into bat was legendary.
    Yup.. he deserves to be dropped. What a waste of talent, entire test team should be open to changes now.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Yup.. he deserves to be dropped. What a waste of talent, entire test team should be open to changes now.
    Only Pant & Bumrah from this team deserve their spots in the team, no one else.

  70. #230
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    29,960
    Mentioned
    709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Only Pant & Bumrah from this team deserve their spots in the team, no one else.
    That’s unfortunately true .. time for rebuilding phase- tough 3-4 years for us now.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    That’s unfortunately true .. time for rebuilding phase- tough 3-4 years for us now.
    Mark my words, none of this rebuilding will happen, this trouncing will be swept under the carpet by M/s Ganguly & Dravid.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    1,007
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I haven't watched much of this Test due to work so will need to see the highlights.

    However it confirms what many were suspecting even prior to this defeat that India must inject fresh blood into the team. That No.1 ranked team under Kohli is showing signs of age and the question is whether Dravid/Rohit are ruthless enough to break it up.

    Kohli himself has been a liability since the start of the pandemic. Without Pant and Jadeja's counter, India would've been in big strife.

    However desi teams are too sentimental with their big names, whereas Australia in the 90s and 00s were excellent at introducing a fresh face every so often. There was always somebody waiting to replace a Waugh (x2), Slater, Taylor etc.

    NZL are looking at the same process too.

    England meanwhile look totally transformed. Hopefully PCB aren't dumb enough to roll out flat decks again.
    7 out of 11 players of this Indian team are 30 or below.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    88,967
    Mentioned
    2263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    India have been fined 40 per cent of their match fee and penalised two ICC World Test Championship points for maintaining a slow over-rate against England in the rescheduled fifth Test in Birmingham.

    David Boon of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees imposed the sanction after India were ruled to be two overs short of the target after time allowances were taken into consideration.

    In accordance with Article 2.22 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to minimum over-rate offences, players are fined 20 per cent of their match fee for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time.

    In addition, as per Article 16.11.2 of the ICC World Test Championship (WTC) playing conditions, a side is penalised one point for each over short. Consequently, two WTC points have been deducted from India’s points total.

    India captain Jasprit Bumrah plead guilty to the offence and accepted the proposed sanction, so there was no need for a formal hearing.

    On-field umpires Aleem Dar and Richard Kettleborough, third umpire Marais Erasmus and fourth umpire Alex Wharf leveled the charge.

    ICC



  74. #234
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    20,055
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what an embarrassment..... They rescheduled a match only to get their behinds handed to them wooped.

    Time to make a thread comparing our draw in england to indias


    The first and only PM of Pakistan to lose the peoples confidence = Imran Khan

  75. #235
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,061
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England made it look easy - which it was. They couldn’t defend 378. Embarrassing!

  76. #236
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    41,708
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In boxing, this would be called an *** whipping. Personally i am glad because i am sick and tired of Kohli's childish screams, sprints in the field. He needs to be bought down back to earth.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    46,372
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    <b>World Test Championship

    05 Jul 22

    Root, Bairstow tons help England seal record Test chase against India</b>

    <I>ENG v IND, fifth Test, day five, report</I>

    England hunted down 378 and completed their highest successful chase in Test history at Edgbaston on the back of tons from Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow to draw the series level 2-2 against India in the final Test.

    The Test series that began in August 2021 finally came to an end in July 2022 and at the end of it, both teams shared the spoils 2-2.

    England's surge in the ICC World Test Championship standings continued as a result, solidifying their 7th spot with at a point percentage of 33.33.

    India, on the other hand, are third with 53.47, but have Pakistan, West Indies and Sri Lanka breathing down their neck.

    England dominated. despite favourable bowling conditions.

    There was a stark contrast to the conditions from yesterday to today – from bright and sunny day four, the final day was gloomy and overcast, giving India some hope of a possible comeback.

    However, it was only the first over of the day from Mohammed Siraj that India looked slightly threatening, after which Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow went about their business.

    India were guilty of being extremely wayward in their lines and lengths, giving away few too many extras to their liking.

    The boundaries were flowing easily from the bats of the duo as they started getting closer to the total.

    The No.1 batter in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Rankings notched up his 28th Test ton, his fifth of the year, in style with a boundary.

    If the shackles weren't broken already, Root became more dangerous after the milestone.

    Bairstow, at the other end, was patiently playing second fiddle to his former captain through the nervous nineties.

    The Yorkshireman got to his fourth Test hundred in three Tests and smashed Siraj for three consecutive boundaries to bring the runs needed to single digits.

    Root then hit the winning run to complete their record chase and draw the series 2-2.

    https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2668123

  78. #238
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    37,228
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Everyone is invited in bhangra party in celebration of India losing this series……oh wait a minute
    Tbh that was an embarrassing performance especially how they ran away from the Test last year

  79. #239
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,474
    Mentioned
    3138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    That's some crushing win by England.. congrats..

  80. #240
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,061
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing forgotten is the importance of that opening stand and at the rate they batted.

    It’s one thing Root and Bairstow finishing things off when they’re in the form of their lives, but for Crawley and Lees, with the horror run they’ve had, pretty impressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •