Which side will win the ACC Asia Cup 2022?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which side will win the ACC Asia Cup 2022?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

20 42.55%
  • Pakistan

20 42.55%
  • Bangladesh

2 4.26%
  • Sri Lanka

3 6.38%
  • Afghanistan

1 2.13%
  • Qualifier

1 2.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Which side will win the ACC Asia Cup 2022?

Lets be realistic and give the trophy to India anyways!

Pakistan's WT20 win was great but India side is looking awesome at the moment.

Of course other teams can spring a surprise but chances of an upset win are unlikely.

So lets vote on this.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never easy to say but I think India starts at favorites their in really good form as well

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Lets be realistic and give the trophy to India anyways!

Pakistan's WT20 win was great but India side is looking awesome at the moment.

Of course other teams can spring a surprise but chances of an upset win are unlikely.

So lets vote on this.
    Aisa hai bhaijaan ki aap nazar naa lagaye.

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No team from Asia can stop Indian cricket team......
    So in advance it will be Rohit who will lift the trophy....
    Final will be between India and Sri Lanka..
    Pakistan can't qualify for final because they have very poor record against Srilanka

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan to win.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punjab Kings View Post
    No team from Asia can stop Indian cricket team......
    So in advance it will be Rohit who will lift the trophy....
    Final will be between India and Sri Lanka..
    Pakistan can't qualify for final because they have very poor record against Srilanka
    Pakistan not advancing is one think, but saying Pak Cant Qualify because of Sri Lanka and poor record vs them is funny. Pak have beaten Sri Lanka 13 times and Lost 8 times to them

Realistic final is India vs Pak or India vs Afghanistan

Sri Lanka has improved and is getting better but i Think in UAE conditions you fancy Pak to beat them

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India or Pakistan probably.

Bangladeshi Guy

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan . Rizwan Babar stand once again .

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    Pakistan not advancing is one think, but saying Pak Cant Qualify because of Sri Lanka and poor record vs them is funny. Pak have beaten Sri Lanka 13 times and Lost 8 times to them

Realistic final is India vs Pak or India vs Afghanistan

Sri Lanka has improved and is getting better but i Think in UAE conditions you fancy Pak to beat them
    I think you have forgotten...
    Jaisuriya

Mark my words.... even the match between Pakistan and Afghanistan will be 50/50..
    In Asian pitches you need quality Spinners and your team have bits and pieces Spinners.
    You have a zero quality Spinner..and you dream of playing final.your bowling fully depends on Shaheen.
    You have world class Babar,but against top quality Spinners he is just like a tailender..

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will always start as favourites in the UAE. Their T20 record in UAE is very good. Also, having the fastest attack and a quality legspinner gives them an intimidating loook.

Afraid other teams are nowhere close to Pakistan in UAE conditions to be honest

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have forgotten...
    Jaisuriya

Mark my words.... even the match between Pakistan and Afghanistan will be 50/50..
    In Asian pitches you need quality Spinners and your team have bits and pieces Spinners.
    You have a zero quality Spinner..and you dream of playing final.your bowling fully depends on Shaheen.
    You have world class Babar,but against top quality Spinners he is just like a tailender..
    Pakistan can do well in these conditions, granted they do not have world class spinners, but they can still do well in these conditions. In fact in these same conditions they beat the mighty Indian, that no one can beat, and is the greatest team ever.

Underestimate Pakistan at your own peril, We Pakistanis, can give credit where their is credit, why cant you do the same.

Wreck it Rauf.

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan can do well in these conditions, granted they do not have world class spinners, but they can still do well in these conditions. In fact in these same conditions they beat the mighty Indian, that no one can beat, and is the greatest team ever.

Underestimate Pakistan at your own peril, We Pakistanis, can give credit where their is credit, why cant you do the same.
    Dear brother...As a cricket fan,i also want to see a strong Pakistan team....But you have to admit this reality that this Pakistan team can't even compete with any Ranji Team of India... forget about main team ...
    May be in SENA countries Pakistan can beat India,But in Asia itz difficult....becoz you need to takle with spin and that's your main weakness.....
    I will repeat even your quality player Babar who is no.one ranked will fail.....becoz in Asia Cup Spinners will rule....and his record against Spinners is very much poor ....

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ICT being overestimated as usual lol just so that we can trolled if we lose.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear brother...As a cricket fan,i also want to see a strong Pakistan team....But you have to admit this reality that this Pakistan team can't even compete with any Ranji Team of India... forget about main team ...
    May be in SENA countries Pakistan can beat India,But in Asia itz difficult....becoz you need to takle with spin and that's your main weakness.....
    I will repeat even your quality player Babar who is no.one ranked will fail.....becoz in Asia Cup Spinners will rule....and his record against Spinners is very much poor ....

1) Why do you wanna see a strong Pakistan team, what benefit will it do to you

2) Pakistan is not the number one team in the world, but this is not the same Pakistan team that you see in 2010-2016 era

3) Pakistan has improved a lot, and has become a better unit, its still not where it should be because Talent wise Pakistan can easily be the number one team in the world, just needs to have better structure in Pakistan Cricket

4) Pakistan team cant beat a ranji team wow, you sound like Hardik Pandya who said India can field a second level team and win a world cup.

5) Pakistan does not fair well vs India in Sena Conditions, in Asia conditions Pakistan has a better chance. In fact I still think India will win Asia cup, but when it comes to India vs Pakistan ( for UAE conditions) Pakistan has a good chance of winning that match, however for World cup in Australian conditions, India should win, if they dont that would be a slap on the face cuz Pak is not strong in those conditions.

6) In UAE despite it being good for spinners, you do not need to be a master blaster of spin to have success, you just need to play smart, and not lose wickets, for Pak, if they do not lose wickets, they will be fine.

7) Babar himself has improved a lot when it comes to spin ( granted its his weakness) but every player has a weakness, even your great Rohit and Kohli do as well. Babar can still manage spin, if he plays smart and to his ability, he isnt the best player of spin, but he has improved a lot.

8) Even if Babar fails, you still have a lot of batsman who can do well, however in Pakistan case it all comes down to pressure, the longer Babar bats, the less pressure the team feels.

9) Pakistan might not have the world class spinners that you talk of, but they still have more than enough to do the job, and they will be able to trouble most teams. For Pakistan the most important is too not lose wickets, and absorb pressure if they do that they will be fine

even when I say India is favorites you still have to see reality for what it is

India are overrated by their own fans, and media
    Kohli is out of form
    Rohit cant seem to do well vs Left arm fast bowler
    India seems to find a way to not always select the proper 11.

India is a strong team but their not invisible, it is a team, that can be beat, and has been beaten before. To say Pakistan cant compete with some Ranji small team tournament in India, is an Insult cricket itself, you sound really dumb and biased saying that.

Pointing out Babar weakness, and other things are not bad points, atleast their is some logic too it, however I did explain that he has improved in that aspect, and the team has other good batman in the line up who can play well when needed be.

Wreck it Rauf.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2) Pakistan is not the number one team in the world, but this is not the same Pakistan team that you see in 2010-2016 era

3) Pakistan has improved a lot, and has become a better unit, its still not where it should be because Talent wise Pakistan can easily be the number one team in the world, just needs to have better structure in Pakistan Cricket

4) Pakistan team cant beat a ranji team wow, you sound like Hardik Pandya who said India can field a second level team and win a world cup.

5) Pakistan does not fair well vs India in Sena Conditions, in Asia conditions Pakistan has a better chance. In fact I still think India will win Asia cup, but when it comes to India vs Pakistan ( for UAE conditions) Pakistan has a good chance of winning that match, however for World cup in Australian conditions, India should win, if they dont that would be a slap on the face cuz Pak is not strong in those conditions.

6) In UAE despite it being good for spinners, you do not need to be a master blaster of spin to have success, you just need to play smart, and not lose wickets, for Pak, if they do not lose wickets, they will be fine.

7) Babar himself has improved a lot when it comes to spin ( granted its his weakness) but every player has a weakness, even your great Rohit and Kohli do as well. Babar can still manage spin, if he plays smart and to his ability, he isnt the best player of spin, but he has improved a lot.

8) Even if Babar fails, you still have a lot of batsman who can do well, however in Pakistan case it all comes down to pressure, the longer Babar bats, the less pressure the team feels.

9) Pakistan might not have the world class spinners that you talk of, but they still have more than enough to do the job, and they will be able to trouble most teams. For Pakistan the most important is too not lose wickets, and absorb pressure if they do that they will be fine

Kohli is out of form

India is a strong team but their not invisible, it is a team, that can be beat, and has been beaten before. To say Pakistan cant compete with some Ranji small team tournament in India, is an Insult cricket itself, you sound really dumb and biased saying that.

Pointing out Babar weakness, and other things are not bad points, atleast their is some logic too it, however I did explain that he has improved in that aspect, and the team has other good batman in the line up who can play well when needed be.
    Detailed and balanced post, bro. Thanks.
    I am not going to predict who is going to win the Asia Cup 2022. The T20 format is not easy to predict.

Pakistan has a good team and will play well. Let us hope every team does well and we get to see a wonderful tournament.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChennaiFan View Post
    Detailed and balanced post, bro. Thanks.
    I am not going to predict who is going to win the Asia Cup 2022. The T20 format is not easy to predict.

Pakistan has a good team and will play well. Let us hope every team does well and we get to see a wonderful tournament.
    Thank you brother

Wreck it Rauf.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is a v good team now . Pak will be tough to beat .

India is overhyped . If india plays out of form kohli , it’s bound to loose. He can’t hold onto catches . He can’t score big . Also indian batters can’t play swig well - left arm or right arm . If any swing conditions, india is bound to have issues .

Sri Lanka team is also good . They have decent pacers and spinners .

Bangladesh in asia can always be a threat .

Ind pak finals. Winners 50-50 percent india pak chance. If india don’t play kohli , it’s 60-40 in india favor

My guess is this cup is the last one I see kohli in . He is gonna fail and once he fails against pak , knives will be out .

His current month long vacation gonna be a long one .

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen dumb statements on this forum but this "Pakistan doesn't stand a chance against Ranji teams" is the GOAT of all stupid statements.

Nicely replied @nextover666666 , atleast I don't have to waste my time with that guy.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docteurmanish View Post

India is overhyped . If india plays out of form kohli , it’s bound to loose. He can’t hold onto catches . He can’t score big . Also indian batters can’t play swig well - left arm or right arm . If any swing conditions, india is bound to have issues .

Ind pak finals. Winners 50-50 percent india pak chance. If india don’t play kohli , it’s 60-40 in india favor

My guess is this cup is the last one I see kohli in . He is gonna fail and once he fails against pak , knives will be out .

Is Asia cup in England or UAE? Where does swing come into picture here? Every new ball will have swing for few overs on any pitch. If the conditions are aiding swing, Pakistan batters become Bradman? They have issues too. Pakistan is a very good team and obviously in a T20 game it is always 50-50 between two evenly matched sides.

Both teams have their flaws, Pakistan bowling besides Afridi is non-existent and their batting besides Babar-Rizwan is largely unproven. India have their own issues with team selection. So it will be an interesting game. Also as much I hate seeing an underperforming Kohli in the LOI side, he isn't going anywhere from the T20 team until after WC and ODI team until after 2023 WC. So thinking that he will be dropped after few failures in Asia cup is delusion.

Sri Lanka & Bangladesh also have a decent LOI teams. They can defeat any team on their day. Afghanistan is not to be taken easily either. It will be a good tournament but again commonsense says that it will be difficult to look beyond a India-Pakistan finals.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed93 View Post
    I have seen dumb statements on this forum but this "Pakistan doesn't stand a chance against Ranji teams" is the GOAT of all stupid statements.

Nicely replied @nextover666666 , atleast I don't have to waste my time with that guy.
    Of course Brother I will call out stupid when I see it

Wreck it Rauf.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will win

Lets see who perform better King Babar or Sky

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kohli is out of form

Answer of your all questions..
    1)i am not BCCI,i am just a true fan of cricket
    2)i know this Pakistan team is much better,but spin bowling is you major weakness.To complete in Asian pitches you need atleast one quality Spinner.
    3) what talent, a country which cannot produce a single Spinner.a. Backup keeper, a middle order batsman.
    4) Yes under Asian conditions it will not be easy for you to beat our Ranji team.
    5)No in SENA Countries Indian team has many issues like Shaheen left arm fst bowling is our weakness... plus short balls.
    6)you can check your records even against Rashid Khan, Mujeeb, Kuldeep,Chahal
    7)may be, but still he feels uncomfortable when facing spin

8) Kohli may be out of form.. but his presence matters a lot.. which have Admitted by many great legends of game

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docteurmanish View Post

Agree with you Virat Kohli can't hold catches.
    How many catches Babar has dropped in a single inning of last test against srilanka

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer of your all questions..
    1)i am not BCCI,i am just a true fan of cricket
    2)i know this Pakistan team is much better,but spin bowling is you major weakness.To complete in Asian pitches you need atleast one quality Spinner.
    3) what talent, a country which cannot produce a single Spinner.a. Backup keeper, a middle order batsman.
    4) Yes under Asian conditions it will not be easy for you to beat our Ranji team.
    5)No in SENA Countries Indian team has many issues like Shaheen left arm fst bowling is our weakness... plus short balls.
    6)you can check your records even against Rashid Khan, Mujeeb, Kuldeep,Chahal
    7)may be, but still he feels uncomfortable when facing spin

8) Kohli may be out of form.. but his presence matters a lot.. which have Admitted by many great legends of game

1) if you are a true fan of cricket you would not compare an international team was some ranji trophy team

2) every team has a weakness, and our spinners are not as bad as you make it out to be again, they can get the job done, during world t20, shadab and imad were our spinners not world class, but we were able to reach the semi-finals with them, your team has better spinners and more quality spinners, and did not make the semi-finals, its about how you utilize the talent, babar as a captain was brilliant apart from the semi-finals.

3) Their is many quality spinners in Pakistan, Like India, not always the correct players get selected or are given a fair chance, your calling rizwan a back-up keeper he is possibly one of the best keepers in the world - his back is mohammad haris and rohail nazar both are pretty soild, and their is more in the country waiting for a chance, middle order batsman's too Pakistan is fine as well, and alot of talent coming out of the country ( like india both countries have talented players) however selection politics, and team management do not always get it right.

4) you have a clear biased against Pakistan

5) In SENA conditions India plays fairly well, I think you dont watch much cricket Short Balls, is Pakistan weakness when it comes to our Batsman its a known fact. India tend to fair better in that aspect. The only SENA nation Pakistan does decent in is England, and that is mainly due to a lot of flat pitches as well. Shaheen bowling or left arm fast tends to be more of an issue for Rohit. India batsman do struggle with swing a bit early on, but if they do not lose wickets, than they can do well. In Asian conditions, it is anybodys game, again India will still be Favorites, but Pakistan will not be too far behind. The gap is more in Sena condition ( again when Ind and Pak play in sena conditions, it favours India more)

6) Again you do not need to be a master of spin to survive, granted playing spin might be a weakness, but they managed to deal with those spinners, in cricket you do not need to smash every bowler, you chose when you have to attack, based on your own strenght and weakness, Pak played those bowlers smartly. granted they might have lost wicket agaisnt them, but that is a given. Yes Chahal Kuldeep Mujeed and Rashid are indeed solid spinners, but you just have to play them smart. Their not always going to produce a world class ball, the one time I do remember was when Kuldeep bowled Babar in 2019 world cup, again that was in SENA conditions, and despite being a magical delivery, those type of deliveries will not happen everyday. Pakistan was still able to win their matches again these world class spinners during last world cup in same conditions.

7) Yes he will be uncomfortable vs spin because that is his weakness, but he improved on that aspect, and just needs to be smart about how he tackles spin- again ALL PLAYERS have a weakness and will not be comfortable when they have to face that weakness, however what makes them special players is how they cope with the weakness, its not always about scoring a bucket of runs, but surviving, so you can bat till the end, and score your runs.

8) Kohli presence might be nice to have but him scoring runs, is what will help the team win. I will see Kohli does seem to have a knack of scoring vs Pakistan, but even when Kohli made 50 last time around it was not enough for his team to win. Kohli not only has to have his presence, but he needs to get his form, and once he has it needs to be consistent. I personally think he is passed his prime, and he did a lot of cricket things in cricket, but he doesnt seem like same player that he once was. And this is normal all great players go through that, as they get older, and pasted their prime

At the end of the day you have your opinion and I have mine, we do not have to agree with 100, I am even saying India is favorite, but show some respect and do not compare and International team to some Ranji Team no one knows about.

That being said enjoy the Asia cup when it starts, should be a fun tournament.

Wreck it Rauf.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone of IND/Pak/SL can win but definitely Bangladesh will be last.

Somehow of all teams , Bang simply cannot crack T20I...batters play like it is ODIs, bowlers cant stop runs in critical overs. Don't know what

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Is Asia cup in England or UAE? Where does swing come into picture here? Every new ball will have swing for few overs on any pitch. If the conditions are aiding swing, Pakistan batters become Bradman? They have issues too. Pakistan is a very good team and obviously in a T20 game it is always 50-50 between two evenly matched sides.

Both teams have their flaws, Pakistan bowling besides Afridi is non-existent and their batting besides Babar-Rizwan is largely unproven. India have their own issues with team selection. So it will be an interesting game. Also as much I hate seeing an underperforming Kohli in the LOI side, he isn't going anywhere from the T20 team until after WC and ODI team until after 2023 WC. So thinking that he will be dropped after few failures in Asia cup is delusion.

Sri Lanka & Bangladesh also have a decent LOI teams. They can defeat any team on their day. Afghanistan is not to be taken easily either. It will be a good tournament but again commonsense says that it will be difficult to look beyond a India-Pakistan finals.
    Nah. The thing is Shaheen gets amazing swing in conditions where others barely get any.

Shaheen Afridi showed last WC that he is on a different level to pretty much everybody(even Boult) when it comes to swing bowling. There wasn't really much swing on offer in UAE, but Shaheen made the ball go crazy in a way no one else did.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Rashid Latif:

“I don't think the World Cup would be in their (India's) mind. They are taking it series by series, it's worth noting that teams are changing with every series. Their focus will be on the Asia Cup. The loss against Pakistan caused a lot of damage to the Indian team, so they are trying to recover from it,”

“You can play as many series as you want, but the match between India and Pakistan remains very important. I believe the Indian team, the board, the management will pay significant attention to the match against Pakistan in the Asia Cup. They would want to win the Asia Cup, and if all the players are available for India, they can be favourites.”

“The conditions in the UAE suit them. India will give their all in the game against Pakistan. They have dominated the clashes between both sides in the past 20 years, but Pakistan did win by 10 wickets in their last game. So the planning will go into it"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    India looking very strong at the moment due to their West Indies' exploits

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan still has good chance of winning the Asia cup, after the only weak link in the bowling ( Hasan Ali ) has been dropped.

Batting is a bit weak, particularly if they play Asif, as he doesn't reach to double figure most of the time , for some time now.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    So a very strong India squad announced, how are India's chances of winning this Cup?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So a very strong India squad announced, how are India's chances of winning this Cup?
    We have picked only 3 pacers. There is not a single backup pacer and that will cost us

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MVP Bumrah injured. No Indian pacer is equivalent to Shaheen now.

Batting wise, SKY is equivalent to Babar in this format. Overall, Pakistan favourites!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    We have picked only 3 pacers. There is not a single backup pacer and that will cost us
    And the third pacer is the useless Avesh Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just want to see good cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India start as favourites. Lets be honest only the Pak-Ind match really matters.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    And the third pacer is the useless Avesh Khan.
    I wouldn't say useless but he's no match for elite Pakistani quicks

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should definitely start at favourites.

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Pakistan should definitely start at favourites.
    Never......
    Pakistan will hardly win a match in whole tournament
    Spinners will be a key factor in this tournament.. and Pakistan is the only team in this tournament who have bits and pieces Spinners..
    Even not a single Pakistani batsman plays spin with confidence.....
    Anyways toss will also be an important factor...
    But at the time it is India followed by Srilanka who are favourites

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MVP Bumrah injured. No Indian pacer is equivalent to Shaheen now.

Batting wise, SKY is equivalent to Babar in this format. Overall, Pakistan favourites!
    Suriya KY Equal to Babar
    Rohit Sharma greater than fakhar
    Rishab Pant equal to Rizwan
    KL Rahul greater than Khushdil
    Jadeja Greater than Shadab
    Kohli Greater than Hyder Ali
    Kartik greater than Iftikhar
    Chahal greater than Rizwan
    ..........no comparison for Shaheen
    Arshdweep greater than Naseem
    Bishnoi greater than Nawaz

.....so how are Pakistan favourites, just because of Shaheen noooooooo,
    A team with quality Spinners will be favourite in these conditions.. and Pakistan have a zero quality Spinner

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Hyderabad, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India, Pakistan, Srilanka anyone can win the cup but Bangladesh will loose both the matches

Debut
    Apr 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the looks of it India's bowling attack lacks wicket-taking ability unless their spinners pull through. Sri Lanka will definitely be a dark horse in this tournament. We need to look out for Hasaranga, he really messed up Pakistan's batting lineup the last time we played Sri Lanka. I would go as far as to say that Sri Lanka's bowling lineup is more dangerous than India's. If Pakistan collapse against India then it is only Pakistan's fault.

Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh all have awful batting lineups so hopefully we are able to use our part-timers and test the likes of Naseem and Wasim against these guys.

Outside of the minnow bashing last year India's top three really struggled to bat at a decent SR against Pakistan and New Zealand. Shadab's role should be to keep it tight and make openings for the fast bowlers to strike. The team management needs to analyze how New Zealand contained India's batting lineup because if we're able to neutralize India's batting dealing with their bowling should be no problem.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never......
    Pakistan will hardly win a match in whole tournament
    Spinners will be a key factor in this tournament.. and Pakistan is the only team in this tournament who have bits and pieces Spinners..
    Even not a single Pakistani batsman plays spin with confidence.....
    Anyways toss will also be an important factor...
    But at the time it is India followed by Srilanka who are favourites
    Do you want to bet ?
    Have you seen Babar Azam average against spin in any format.
    Its t20 have you seen Pakistan win percentage in t20s.without Bumrah India attack isn't even half as good.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suriya KY Equal to Babar

A team with quality Spinners will be favourite in these conditions.. and Pakistan have a zero quality Spinner
    How is Pant equal to Rizwan in t20s
    Suriya equal to Babar based upon 10 innings.

Some of your comparison are ridiculous go and re think it.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Suriya KY Equal to Babar

Jadeja is inferior to Shadab. Shadab took fi-fer vs Australia in T20 WC semis. In T20s, Shadab is a match winner and arguably better than Chahal too.

Pakistan have better bowling attack so they have a major advantage.

Pant is better than Rizwan, throw the stats on dustbin. Pant has far more ability than the accumulator Rizwan. Rizwan is at same level to Shreyas Iyer who is not in our 15.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    T20 is not easy to predict.

It's easier to predict ODI & test format. Better teams usually wins more often in longer formats.

Forced to predict, I think it's between Pakistan and India.
    Last edited by Buffet; 10th August 2022 at 02:05.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Apr 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant is better than Rizwan, throw the stats on dustbin. Pant has far more ability than the accumulator Rizwan. Rizwan is at same level to Shreyas Iyer who is not in our 15.
    Stats aren't the only thing you're throwing in the dustbin you're also throwing logic in there.

Against the top 5 ranked T20 teams -

Rizwan : Innings - 26, Runs - 958, Average - 47.90, SR - 131.41, Fifties - 8, Hundreads - 1

Pant - Innings - 26, Runs - 395, Average - 18.80, SR - 116.86, Fifties - 0

There isn't a single parameter where Pant is as good as Rizwan much less better.

Pant has never won India a T20 match against a top 5 ranked T20 team, hell he hasn't even scored a fifty against a top 5 ranked T20 team. There's supporting your players and then there's being plain delusional. I didn't expect this from a fairly logical poster like you.

I guess IPL hype does this to people.
    Last edited by Hextro; 10th August 2022 at 02:25.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really don't care for these meaningless cups. Do we know who the last 3 champions are?

Zero bragging rights, zero coverage outside of few papers in sub continent.

Pakistan are better off sending an experimental team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Really don't care for these meaningless cups. Do we know who the last 3 champions are?

I agree. Asia Cup is quite meaningless. I think they should scrap it.

Bangladeshi Guy

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextro View Post
    Stats aren't the only thing you're throwing in the dustbin you're also throwing logic in there.

Against the top 5 ranked T20 teams -

Rizwan : Innings - 26, Runs - 958, Average - 47.90, SR - 131.41, Fifties - 8, Hundreads - 1

Pant - Innings - 26, Runs - 395, Average - 18.80, SR - 116.86, Fifties - 0

There isn't a single parameter where Pant is as good as Rizwan much less better.

Pant has never won India a T20 match against a top 5 ranked T20 team, hell he hasn't even scored a fifty against a top 5 ranked T20 team. There's supporting your players and then there's being plain delusional. I didn't expect this from a fairly logical poster like you.

I guess IPL hype does this to people.
    You have basically repeated the same thing and thrown stats here. Not sure what is new you are bringing here. Stats in T20s are absolutely meaningless, that's just the fact.

Now, if you don't agree with this, kindly explain why has India picked Pant in their best XI while Shreyas is not even in the 15 man squad. Can you explain this? Or are you just gonna say something on the line that whatever selections the IPL shooperstars do mean nothing blah blah.. If that is what you gonna come up with then I suggest don't repeat those stuffs or requote.

Please give a proper reason why Shreyas is not in the squad and Pant is in XI. Their stats are :-

Shreyas AVG 33, S/R 137
    Pant AVG 23, S/R 125

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post

Nobody cares about the last 3 champions of T20 world cup, let alone Asia Cup. There is no bragging rights about winning this.

The only format that matters is ODI World Cup and Tests rankings.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody cares about the last 3 champions of T20 world cup, let alone Asia Cup. There is no bragging rights about winning this.

T20 World Cup matters though. It is a World Cup. It is an ICC trophy.

Asia Cup is not an ICC trophy and thus it is quite meaningless.

Bangladeshi Guy

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    T20 World Cup matters though. It is a World Cup. It is an ICC trophy.

Asia Cup is not an ICC trophy and thus it is quite meaningless.
    Somewhat it matters but not as high profile tournament as ODI World Cups or Test series between top teams in India, Australia, England, South Africa and Pakistan. Not including NZ here as for some reasons, those series are not as high profile.

Debut
    Apr 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have basically repeated the same thing and thrown stats here. Not sure what is new you are bringing here. Stats in T20s are absolutely meaningless, that's just the fact.
    That isn't a fact that's just your weird opinion that you use to justify someone like Pant who has an irredeemable T20 record.

Pant is one of the worst T20I wicketkeeper batsmen out there. He's just a much worse version of Bairstow as things stand. Pant doing well in the IPL doesn't change that.

Now, if you don't agree with this, kindly explain why has India picked Pant in their best XI while Shreyas is not even in the 15 man squad. Can you explain this? Or are you just gonna say something on the line that whatever selections the IPL shooperstars do mean nothing blah blah.. If that is what you gonna come up with then I suggest don't repeat those stuffs or requote. Please give a proper reason why Shreyas is not in the squad and Pant is in XI. Their stats are :-

Shreyas AVG 33, S/R 137
    Pant AVG 23, S/R 125
    The reason Pant hasn't been dropped is that India doesn't have any other options. That Iyer guy is almost just as bad as Pant in T20Is but the difference is that Pant is India's main wicketkeeper and they've already invested 54 T20 matches on him. Iyer isn't a like-for-like replacement for Pant. The most like-for-like replacement for Pant would be Samson who somehow has managed to be just as bad as Pant in international cricket.

The question that needs to be asked is does India have a wicketkeeper batsman that averages over 30 with an SR of over 120 against the top 5 T20 teams? It doesn't seem like it.

You aren't a good player unless you've won your team matches against top ranked teams. I couldn't care less about his "hitting ability" because he has never shown it in international T20s.

To summarize everything comparing Rizwan to Pant and calling Pant better is one of the most illogical opinions I've ever seen on this forum.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    864 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jadeja is inferior to Shadab. Shadab took fi-fer vs Australia in T20 WC semis. In T20s, Shadab is a match winner and arguably better than Chahal too.

Pakistan have better bowling attack so they have a major advantage.

You are throwing those stats now but you will pick them again when it suits your agenda and all these stats will become meaningful again.

Rizwan's current stats in T20Is :

Matches : 56
    Avg : 50
    SR : 128
    50s : 13
    100s : 1

Accumulator Rizwan can change gears and play fast too just like he did against India in T20 WC 2021.

Pant has failed to convert his ability into performances in T20I format even after getting countless opportunities. And fans will use stats to compare players even ICC does the same in every format. You can't just throw them in one format for obvious reasons and keep them close to your chest in the other format.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan is better than Pant is T20s no doubt. There is nothing to debate about it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are throwing those stats now but you will pick them again when it suits your agenda and all these stats will become meaningful again.

Rizwan's current stats in T20Is :

Matches : 56
    Avg : 50
    SR : 128
    50s : 13
    100s : 1

Accumulator Rizwan can change gears and play fast too just like he did against India in T20 WC 2021.

Pant has failed to convert his ability into performances in T20I format even after getting countless opportunities. And fans will use stats to compare players even ICC does the same in every format. You can't just throw them in one format for obvious reasons and keep them close to your chest in the other format.
    Pant's T20I performances are quite puzzling.

The equivalent of Sehwag in ODIs. Tons of ability, but low comparative conversion.

He may come good though.

Rizwan is too early in his career to be considered a T20 hero. 128 is a low strike rate too for someone averaging 50. Another 50 games and we will know where he goes from here.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextro View Post
    That isn't a fact that's just your weird opinion that you use to justify someone like Pant who has an irredeemable T20 record.

Pant is one of the worst T20I wicketkeeper batsmen out there. He's just a much worse version of Bairstow as things stand. Pant doing well in the IPL doesn't change that.

The reason Pant hasn't been dropped is that India doesn't have any other options. That Iyer guy is almost just as bad as Pant in T20Is but the difference is that Pant is India's main wicketkeeper and they've already invested 54 T20 matches on him. Iyer isn't a like-for-like replacement for Pant. The most like-for-like replacement for Pant would be Samson who somehow has managed to be just as bad as Pant in international cricket.

The question that needs to be asked is does India have a wicketkeeper batsman that averages over 30 with an SR of over 120 against the top 5 T20 teams? It doesn't seem like it.

You aren't a good player unless you've won your team matches against top ranked teams. I couldn't care less about his "hitting ability" because he has never shown it in international T20s.

To summarize everything comparing Rizwan to Pant and calling Pant better is one of the most illogical opinions I've ever seen on this forum.
    India already have a keeper in kL Rahul who has been a pretty safe option with gloves. So, if performance was the only metric, there is no reason to think that Iyer can't replace Pant.

Iyer averages 33 at strike rate of 137, that's pretty solid numbers and the strike rate is not just better than accumulator Rizwan who strike at 128 but is also better than Pakistan's best batsman, Babar whose strike rate is around 129. It is hilarious actually that firstly you say that ability doesn't matter and performance does but then you silently called Iyer as a bad player too even after knowing that his strike rate of 137 is better than both Babar and Rizwan lol .

Perhaps, your biasedness is quite understandable as you have quite clearly restricted your analysis to nationality bias and can't look beyond that.

Debut
    Apr 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India already have a keeper in kL Rahul who has been a pretty safe option with gloves. So, if performance was the only metric, there is no reason to think that Iyer can't replace Pant.

Iyer averages 33 at strike rate of 137, that's pretty solid numbers and the strike rate is not just better than accumulator Rizwan who strike at 128 but is also better than Pakistan's best batsman, Babar whose strike rate is around 129. It is hilarious actually that firstly you say that ability doesn't matter and performance does but then you silently called Iyer as a bad player too even after knowing that his strike rate of 137 is better than both Babar and Rizwan lol .

Perhaps, your biasedness is quite understandable as you have quite clearly restricted your analysis to nationality bias and can't look beyond that.
    No bias just common sense. Which is something I can't find in your comments. If there was an ounce of reasoning in your comment we could've had a decent debate about this topic, but alas.

Regards.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it one of those win the toss win the match condition like world T20?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

World cup is meaningful it it happens every 4 years. Not every year or every two years.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know who is favourite but all I know is Pakistan is the ONLY team to beat India by 10 wickets in a T20

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan relies heavily on two batsmen and Fakhar at times.. But they rarely fail. Also pakistan has a decent group of bowlers. If India focuses on match ups instead of "conventional standard" team selection they will have better chance. Pakistan vs wrist spin match up must be given weightage.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    World cup is meaningful it it happens every 4 years. Not every year or every two years.
    T20 World Cup is back to every 2 years. And this one is just 12 months apart lol.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    During an interaction with media, Babar was questioned by a journalist if there was any pressure on the Pakistan team given as it is likely to face India in three matches in the upcoming Asia Cup 2022 and the Pakistan skipper replied in affirmative.

"Look, what we try is to play it like a normal match only. Yes, obviously the pressure is different. But like we did in (T20) World Cup 2021 that is to focus on our game and believe in the team and ourselves. This time too we are going to give our best. Effort is in our hands but result is not"

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During an interaction with media, Babar was questioned by a journalist if there was any pressure on the Pakistan team given as it is likely to face India in three matches in the upcoming Asia Cup 2022 and the Pakistan skipper replied in affirmative.

"Look, what we try is to play it like a normal match only. Yes, obviously the pressure is different. But like we did in (T20) World Cup 2021 that is to focus on our game and believe in the team and ourselves. This time too we are going to give our best. Effort is in our hands but result is not"
    Good on Babar. First time I am seeing any Pakistani captain being so cool saying we are treating this like any other game. It always used to be the stance of Indian captains over the years. It only goes to show how Babar Azam's team beat India so convincingly last time as they took no pressure and played to their ultimum potential.

We are always used to big pre match talks from Pak players like Ghar ka sher Kohli by Sohail Khan or I want to take all 10 wickets by Hassan Ali or India is scared of playing us by Sarfraz or Baby bowler Bumrah by Razzaq etc.

Babar is totally different...very disciplined and cool captain like MSD.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What makes pakistan favourites for the Asia Cup?

Personally I think it is the hostilityand variety of the bowling attack. You'd be hard pushed to find another attack that can match Pakistan's in this format.

Batting is not as explosive or impressive in terms of hitting ability but its quite stable and well balanced and perfect for UAE conditions.

In these conditions atleast, I can't think of a single team better than Pakistan in this format.

What do posters think ?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the 2021 WT20 in UAE, Pakistan were the most successful Asian team, so I suppose that makes us favourites.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India to win all the matches in Asia cup if Rohit Sharma is the captain.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My bet on Sri Lanka.. they gonna surprise everyone..

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broadcast list?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think it is the hostilityand variety of the bowling attack. You'd be hard pushed to find another attack that can match Pakistan's in this format.

Batting is not as explosive or impressive in terms of hitting ability but its quite stable and well balanced and perfect for UAE conditions.

In these conditions atleast, I can't think of a single team better than Pakistan in this format.

What do posters think ?
    In terms of bowling yes I agree.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    864 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What do posters think ?
    India are favorites to win Asia Cup especially after Shaheen's injury.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India has won Asia cup 7 times and won without dropping a game in last 2 seasons. So they are favourites by default and Shaheen's injury has nothing to do with it. Since Bumrah is also out for India...it only evens thing out.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    864 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    India has won Asia cup 7 times and won without dropping a game in last 2 seasons. So they are favourites by default and Shaheen's injury has nothing to do with it. Since Bumrah is also out for India...it only evens thing out.
    Bumrah not playing is also a disadvantage for Pakistan. Pakistan are second favorites. Although Sri Lanka can surprise even Pakistan this time.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bumrah not playing is also a disadvantage for Pakistan. Pakistan are second favorites. Although Sri Lanka can surprise even Pakistan this time.
    India are favourites to win the World Cup.

Rishabh Pant is the greatest keeper batsman of all-time.

Hardik Pandya is the greatest all rounder of all-time.

KL Rahul is the greatest batsman of all-time.

Bhaag Viru Bhaag is the greatest troll of all-time.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Bumrah not playing disadvantage to Pakistan?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They have enough hostile pacers to be successful. Are you actually saying that Pakistan's pace stocks are so weak that they are completely reliant on only 1 bowler?

That's a very harsh assessment. They have plenty of quicks who can do the job.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    864 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India are favourites to win the World Cup.

Rishabh Pant is the greatest keeper batsman of all-time.

Hardik Pandya is the greatest all rounder of all-time.

KL Rahul is the greatest batsman of all-time.

Bhaag Viru Bhaag is the greatest troll of all-time.

So India are favorites to win the world cup but not the Asia Cup? Waah bhai waah.

Ab Fan is the greatest comedian of all-time.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    864 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    They have enough hostile pacers to be successful. Are you actually saying that Pakistan's pace stocks are so weak that they are completely reliant on only 1 bowler?

That's a very harsh assessment. They have plenty of quicks who can do the job.
    Pakistan's bowling attack without Shaheen and Hasan Ali looks pretty weak. May be look at their bowling line up first? India at least has experienced Bhuvi, Ashwin, Jadeja, Chahal in their bowling line up. Should be an easy victory for India now. Any other result here would be a huge upset.