Shaheen Shah Afridi advised period of rest after injury in the ICC T20 World Cup final

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Shaheen Shah Afridi advised period of rest after injury in the ICC T20 World Cup final

Pakistan fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi will join the national squad for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Australia 2022 in Brisbane as per schedule on Saturday, 15 October, after undergoing his rehabilitation programme under the supervision of the PCB Medical Advisory Committee*.

Shaheen is now available for selection for the 17 and 19 October warm-up matches against England and Afghanistan, respectively during which his match fitness will be assessed by the team management.

Shaheen Shah Afridi: “I am super excited at the prospect of rejoining the national side for the T20 World Cup and playing my part in the campaign. It has been a difficult period for me to be away from the game and the team I love the most, and not be part of some gruelling and exciting matches.

“I have been bowling six to eight overs trouble-free for the past 10 days with full run-up and pace. While I have enjoyed bowling and batting in the nets, nothing can replace the feel of match environment and I can’t wait to be in that setting.

“It has been a rigorous and challenging rehabilitation programme, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. To be honest, I am feeling fitter than ever before and can’t wait to wear the playing kit.

“I want to thank the PCB Medical Advisory Committee as well as the Crystal Palace F.C. for allowing me to use their outstanding facilities and looking after me so well during the rehabilitation programme.”

Meanwhile, opener Fakhar Zaman, who is one of the three traveling reserves for the T20 World Cup, will also travel to Brisbane with Shaheen and National High Performance Centre coach Umar Rashid. Fakhar will complete his rehabilitation under the supervision of PCB’s Chief Medical Officer and team doctor Dr Najeebullah Soomro, following which decision on his participation, if required, will be made.

*The PCB Medical Advisory Committee includes London-based Dr Imtiaz Ahmad (Head of Medical Services at the Queens Park Rangers Football Club & Co-chair FA Medical Society) and Dr Zafar Iqbal (Consultant Sports & Exercise Medicine at the Crystal Palace Football Club & Co-chair FA Medical Society and has previously worked with Tottenham Hotspur FC, Liverpool FC and Kent County Cricket Club). Thee members provide independent medical advice to PCB Chief Medical Officer Dr Najeebullah Soomro (who is also a Member of ICC Medical Advisory Committee).

Last edited by MenInG; 11th October 2022 at 18:31.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

“I want to thank the PCB Medical Advisory Committee as well as the Crystal Palace F.C. for allowing me to use their outstanding facilities and looking after me so well during the rehabilitation programme.”

Wasn't shaheen bearing his expenses himself or i miss something?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi will join the national squad for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Australia 2022 in Brisbane as per schedule on Saturday, 15 October, after undergoing his rehabilitation programme under the supervision of the PCB Medical Advisory Committee*.

Shaheen is now available for selection for the 17 and 19 October warm-up matches against England and Afghanistan, respectively during which his match fitness will be assessed by the team management.

Shaheen Shah Afridi: “I am super excited at the prospect of rejoining the national side for the T20 World Cup and playing my part in the campaign. It has been a difficult period for me to be away from the game and the team I love the most, and not be part of some gruelling and exciting matches.

“I have been bowling six to eight overs trouble-free for the past 10 days with full run-up and pace. While I have enjoyed bowling and batting in the nets, nothing can replace the feel of match environment and I can’t wait to be in that setting.

“It has been a rigorous and challenging rehabilitation programme, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. To be honest, I am feeling fitter than ever before and can’t wait to wear the playing kit.

Meanwhile, opener Fakhar Zaman, who is one of the three traveling reserves for the T20 World Cup, will also travel to Brisbane with Shaheen and National High Performance Centre coach Umar Rashid. Fakhar will complete his rehabilitation under the supervision of PCB’s Chief Medical Officer and team doctor Dr Najeebullah Soomro, following which decision on his participation, if required, will be made.

*The PCB Medical Advisory Committee includes London-based Dr Imtiaz Ahmad (Head of Medical Services at the Queens Park Rangers Football Club & Co-chair FA Medical Society) and Dr Zafar Iqbal (Consultant Sports & Exercise Medicine at the Crystal Palace Football Club & Co-chair FA Medical Society and has previously worked with Tottenham Hotspur FC, Liverpool FC and Kent County Cricket Club). Thee members provide independent medical advice to PCB Chief Medical Officer Dr Najeebullah Soomro (who is also a Member of ICC Medical Advisory Committee).

not the smoothest follow through

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Does this improve our chances of winning the Cup?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing Naseem and Shaheen sharing the new ball in Australia for us. Regardless of results this will be fun to watch

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Babar Asked about Shaheen in captain's presser:

"Before the first game against India we will have 6 days from the time our 2 practice games take place to determine the fitness for Fakhar and Shaheen; Shaheen is fully fit and he always plays with dedication, gives his 100% and puts in full effort for Pakistan, so I am looking forward to seeing him play"

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems to have added a few pounds. Body maturing.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is he fit though? Hes had no match practice for months His bowling there seems very ginger

Why are they rushing him through Last thing we want is to make the injury worse and have him out for another 3 months when we have other options (admittedly not as good but decent? On the bench
    Last edited by Zaz; 15th October 2022 at 17:16.

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Shah Afridi has now joined the squad in Brisbane

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pace bowling attack appears sound. Shaheen, Wasim, Naseem, Rauf and even Hasnain will take plenty of wickets for sure. With Shadab Khan the only spinner I feel we're lacking in that department. Should have tried to get Qadir in most probably at the expense of Khushdil.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Shah Afridi will be available for Pakistan's first warm-up match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 tomorrow against England.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a bad feeling about Shaheen's knee.

Makes me extremely anxious and I'd rather he rested than take even the smallest chance.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post

Makes me extremely anxious and I'd rather he rested than take even the smallest chance.
    Best in the buisness were looking after him I'm sure they know better than us na?

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    Best in the buisness were looking after him I'm sure they know better than us na?
    They're supposed to but we have seen PCB rushing players for a comeback for big tournaments and causing long term harm before.

I just hope he is actually fully ready to come back. A T20 WC means nothing in the grand scheme of things considering he's a world class talent with atleast 10 years ahead of him

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was looked at specifically by the Crystal Palace medical team. Given how high impact football knee injuries tend to be, Iíd say Dr Zafar at Palace has seen his fair share to make a strong enough risk assessment.

Iím cautiously hopeful that Shaheen will be ok. Iím more reserved about how quickly heís going to get into bowling rhythm. This is why the India -Pakistan game getting rained off isnít the worst thing for Shaheen.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    He was looked at specifically by the Crystal Palace medical team. Given how high impact football knee injuries tend to be, Iíd say Dr Zafar at Palace has seen his fair share to make a strong enough risk assessment.

Iím cautiously hopeful that Shaheen will be ok. Iím more reserved about how quickly heís going to get into bowling rhythm. This is why the India -Pakistan game getting rained off isnít the worst thing for Shaheen.
    It's not the CP surgeon I doubt. It's pcb I doubt.

They are not even transparent about these injuries.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the CP surgeon I doubt. It's pcb I doubt.

They are not even transparent about these injuries.
    Shaheen is an adult and if he plays knowing he isn't 100% fit then he's to blame as well as PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Afridi back in action

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Bowled 2 overs for 7 runs - guess will do compared to what happened to others!

==

In an interview, Shaheen said:

"I feel fresh and happy to be back in the ground after two months of inaction. It was hard to remain away from the team for this much time. I got injured for the first time and felt really hard to be away from the team and to live alone like that"

"Now, I am back and really look forward to performing for my team in the World Cup"
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th October 2022 at 01:52.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope he gets in rhythm quickly.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    In practice this morning

Name:  b9ea4389-5f0f-4695-a7c3-87d5e333b698.jpg
Views: 4652
Size:  161.3 KB

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Shaheen is an adult and if he plays knowing he isn't 100% fit then he's to blame as well as PCB.
    Players are players - they always want to play.

Itís for the grownups to make the decision on their behalf for their betterment.

Unfortunately we donít have any grownups. Everyone just looks at short term objectives. I.e keeping their jobs. They only see shaheen as a tool to save their back sides.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or does it look like Shaheen has put on some weight?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Aftermath of SSA's toe-crusher

Name:  FfZqQZjUUAECDK1.jpg
Views: 2858
Size:  45.7 KBName:  FfZqQZhVUAArxjg.jpg
Views: 2866
Size:  47.7 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Aftermath of SSA's toe-crusher

Name:  FfZqQZjUUAECDK1.jpg
Views: 2858
Size:  45.7 KBName:  FfZqQZhVUAArxjg.jpg
Views: 2866
Size:  47.7 KB
    and this was the delivery

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Hazraat's wicket

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Rauf takes Darwish

Debut
    Feb 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty impressive so far

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...that yorker was awesome

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrIc_Mystique View Post
    Wow...that yorker was awesome
    Hopefully he can replicate this against Rohit, Kohli and SKY!

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is deadly with the new ball...fast, full swinging on the toes. I'm just a bit concerned with him and other pacers on how they bowl in the death overs. Although it was only a warm up game, Afghanistan despite the initial burst still managed to score 154 for 6 and last year at the WC India also managed to score something like 155 for 6 when Shaheen had grabbed Rohit and Rahul with less than 5 on the board. The story was a bit similar in the semis against Australia.

By now, top teams like India, Australia and England will definitely have planned on how to tackle him. I'm sure Shaheen will also have matured and learned from his mistakes of not bowling 3 consecutive fast yorkers on leg stump like he did to Wade. He needs to mix up more of his deliveries and not be too predictable.
    Last edited by greatest; 19th October 2022 at 14:51.

Debut
    Apr 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and this was the delivery

That's the Shaheen special right there. Most exciting new-ball bowler in the world.

Debut
    Sep 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen looked good in his first two overs. But he is certainly didn't bowl with full intensity.
    His run up was still not smooth and he didn't bowl with pace.

Hopefully he will be fully fit in the first match.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alone1213 View Post
    Shaheen looked good in his first two overs. But he is certainly didn't bowl with full intensity.
    His run up was still not smooth and he didn't bowl with pace.

Hopefully he will be fully fit in the first match.
    I haven't watched his bowling ball by ball in these warmup games but if you look closely at the first indoor practice video posted by the OP, Shaheen is clearly bowling with a bend right knee. As per Ian Pont all quick bowlers generate pace from a braced knee at the point of delivery. Before the injury he used to brace it. This might be the reason he has lost some pace.

That's just my observation from the first practice video. Guys who have watched these warmup games might have had a more closer look.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hazraat's wicket

He looks scared lol

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Hopefully he can replicate this against Rohit, Kohli and SKY!
    am hoping he does'nt ....

but as a true lover of pace bowling he is fantastic to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed his interview on Espncricinfo.
    A mild mannered gentle giant. He does not swear or swagger and plays in exemplary spirits. I get the impression he is just thrilled to be living his dream. In the interview, i enjoyed the input from his bro Riaz afridi of whom i had heard but had no idea about. such humble groundings, what a star!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this improve our chances of winning the Cup?
    100 % yes

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    PCB doing some work on this...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sunil Gavaskar on Star Sports regarding Shahee Shah Afridi:

"I think that's what their main concern was, about his fitness and how he will shape up. And certainly, in the two overs that he bowled, he's shown that he's back to full fitness. So, clearly that is one headache gone. I think with their catching, they were much better than what we saw against England. Their ground fielding was very good. So, these are two aspects that was worrying them, and they have shown improvement in those areas. So, I don't think they'll have any doubts when they'll take on India on Sunday"

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How To Tackle Shaheen Shah Afridi? Sachin Tendulkar Answers

Shaheen Shah Afridi is one of the world's premier white ball bowlers and the Indian batters need to try and play him "straight" even if they are attacking the talented Pakistani left-arm pacer, said legendary Sachin Tendulkar. At his peak, Tendulkar played a lot of limited overs cricket against Wasim Akram, perhaps the greatest left-arm fast bowler of all time and the maestro did share his observations with PTI during a chat.

Asked what he would have done had he faced a bowler of Shaheen's calibre during his playing days, Tendulkar laughed and said: "I have not put my mind as such since I know I won't be facing him." But then on a serious note, he shared his point of view.

"Shaheen is an attacking bowler and he likes to go for wickets. He pitches the ball up and backs himself to swing the ball. He has the capability to beat the batters in the air and off the pitch with his pace upfront. So with him strategy should be to play straight and within the 'V'," said Tendulkar.

Shaheen's greatest asset is to bring the ball back into right handers at express pace and even getting a few to hold its line apparently with no change of pace.

He also has a good short ball which can hurry batters and make them candidates for leg before.

Tendulkar, a technician par excellence, also warned that even if a batter makes trigger movement (the initial reflex movement), it shouldn't be akin to making a commitment to play the shot.

"Trigger movement is a preparation to play the ball and not commitment, if you are not committing to play the ball, it could be either on front-foot or backfoot, but it is a trigger movement and not commitment," he said.

"Because once you are committed on backfoot, you can't come on the front-foot and vice versa. Trigger movement is about preparation.

"Every ball, there is some kind of movement, as long as that is not commitment it is fine," Tendulkar concluded.

India and Pakistan will face-off against each other in their T20 World Cup opening match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, here on Sunday.

NDTV

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Earth, hunting down tuk tuk fanatics
    Runs
    Mentioned
    960 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    How To Tackle Shaheen Shah Afridi? Sachin Tendulkar Answers

Shaheen Shah Afridi is one of the world's premier white ball bowlers and the Indian batters need to try and play him "straight" even if they are attacking the talented Pakistani left-arm pacer, said legendary Sachin Tendulkar. At his peak, Tendulkar played a lot of limited overs cricket against Wasim Akram, perhaps the greatest left-arm fast bowler of all time and the maestro did share his observations with PTI during a chat.

Asked what he would have done had he faced a bowler of Shaheen's calibre during his playing days, Tendulkar laughed and said: "I have not put my mind as such since I know I won't be facing him." But then on a serious note, he shared his point of view.

"Shaheen is an attacking bowler and he likes to go for wickets. He pitches the ball up and backs himself to swing the ball. He has the capability to beat the batters in the air and off the pitch with his pace upfront. So with him strategy should be to play straight and within the 'V'," said Tendulkar.

Shaheen's greatest asset is to bring the ball back into right handers at express pace and even getting a few to hold its line apparently with no change of pace.

He also has a good short ball which can hurry batters and make them candidates for leg before.

Tendulkar, a technician par excellence, also warned that even if a batter makes trigger movement (the initial reflex movement), it shouldn't be akin to making a commitment to play the shot.

"Trigger movement is a preparation to play the ball and not commitment, if you are not committing to play the ball, it could be either on front-foot or backfoot, but it is a trigger movement and not commitment," he said.

"Because once you are committed on backfoot, you can't come on the front-foot and vice versa. Trigger movement is about preparation.

"Every ball, there is some kind of movement, as long as that is not commitment it is fine," Tendulkar concluded.

India and Pakistan will face-off against each other in their T20 World Cup opening match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, here on Sunday.

NDTV
    If a top 5 batsman of all time is doing a media piece on how to tackle you, then you know you’ve made it as a bowler.

Shabash Shaheen. Good to have him back. Pakhair raghley.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to see how SSA fairs. pakistan may need to use him wisely like england uses Mark Wood

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His runup does look hampered and his pace is way down as well.
    Is he actually fully fit?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunge101 View Post
    His runup does look hampered and his pace is way down as well.
    Is he actually fully fit?
    Bowling in 130s - this could be a problem.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look fully fit.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He clearly wasnt 100% fit and theyve rushed him through

And its ended up costing pakistan Why play him when hes clearly not ready?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaheen is unfit and should be send back to Pakistan for recovery. No point of risking their wonderful bowler career . Hasnain or Mohd waseem should replaced him in the next matches. Hasnain 150 KM could have been handy in these conditions and Wasim is always good in the death overs.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is clearly not fit. He has an admirable attitude and obvious ability. I can see him willing himself to some matchwinning performances in this World Cup. However, I fear it may come at a cost and a heavy cost for his career. Some grown ups need to grow a pair, stop worrying about their job security and take the decision out of his hands

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a silly blunder to not pick Mohammed Wasim instead of Asif Ali for the India game. He would have give us 6 bowlers and not had to rely on Nawaz as a spinner to bowl a final over of a high pressure match. Shaheen is not fit and should not have picked for a tournament with so many intensive games in a short space of time. I despair of the so called Pakistan think tank!

India didn't have Bumrah and just got on with it. Pakistan should have done the same with Afridi.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old Shaheen wouldíve been a menace on this pitch - yet he was bowling so tentative.

He should not have played if not fit.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim, Waqar and co talking about same doubts over his fitness on The Pavillion post match discussion.

Malik mentioned the same things we've been talking about..the limp in runup and substantial drop in pace fr his usual opening spells. 132-135 vs 145-150
    Last edited by Grunge101; 23rd October 2022 at 23:13.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not fit and totally out of rhythm . Pace is down and no swing and no accuracy. Give him more rest and play Husnain instead . Pace does matter in Australia and edges from a 148-150 pace bower won't go for six , will be caught in the deep.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    New Jersey, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakHammer View Post
    Such a silly blunder to not pick Mohammed Wasim instead of Asif Ali for the India game. He would have give us 6 bowlers and not had to rely on Nawaz as a spinner to bowl a final over of a high pressure match. Shaheen is not fit and should not have picked for a tournament with so many intensive games in a short space of time. I despair of the so called Pakistan think tank!

India didn't have Bumrah and just got on with it. Pakistan should have done the same with Afridi.
    And , I'm sure Waseem Jr would have scored more runs than Asif also.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah mentioning the same threat to his future. You can't take knee ligament injuries lightly. This is only a WC. He has a long career ahead of him. If there is even the slightest doubt over his fitness, he should be sent back and rested.

Ofcourse that'll mean the management will have to own up to a blunder (if he is indeed unfit).

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is playing a half fit Shaheen worth the risk?

Shaheen shah bowling at 83 mph is not a pretty sight tbh.
    I donít think Shaheenís eagerness to play and Pakistans keenness to play him is setting a good precedent. He cant claim to be fully fit and bowl 83 mph without any intensity. Puts undue pressure on Naseem and Rayf too.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the bench options arent significantly better than a non-match fit shaheen, but two lower profile games should be enough for him to get match fit.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Shaheen shah bowling at 83 mph is not a pretty sight tbh.
    I donít think Shaheenís eagerness to play and Pakistans keenness to play him is setting a good precedent. He cant claim to be fully fit and bowl 83 mph without any intensity. Puts undue pressure on Naseem and Rayf too.
    He has just come back after a major injury, so needs matchtime under his belt. Not playing him is not an option as he can still play well as the tournament progresses, but maybe its a good idea to have a backup 4th pacer?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he can stay on sidelines until SA game, no point in bringing him in, Wasim/Hasnain can fill the gap.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He isn't fit and shouldn't be there. PK missed the Hasnain on this wicket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If he is not fit, shouldnt be playing, as simple as that.

He is 22 years old, and had a knee injury. His career should not be risked because at the end when he is not match fit he will get tonked like he did against India.

We have options, we have three pacers waiting.

Injurying him further creates problems

Debut
    Jul 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seemed out of it.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitness wasnt too bad.

His main weapon is bringing doubt to the batsmen about whether the ball is going away or coming back in when he bowls over the wicket.

He bowls junk when he bowls around the wicket. He is not wasim akram, there is no banana swing or searing yorkers.

Needs to stop doing this.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen was bowling like his big bro Riaz Afridi today

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    979 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hasnain should have played this game

He would have been perfect for these conditions.

A half-fit Shaheen really did hurt Pak.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dumb stuff by Pakistan and Shaheen to play the match today. Putting your career at risk isn't worth it.

This is where Shaheen's father-in-law, Shahid Afridi needs to educate him on the risks of playing with an injury.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Countries with proper systems and processes will never let an injured player with no match practice play just like this.

His lack of fitness and match practice cost us in the pressure moments.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Jersey, NJ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you guys watch the same match? He gave 8 runs in first 2 overs

Had a huge impact with bat

Our fans need to grow up. Losing is part of the game

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seemed fine against Afg and totally phatta against India, not sure what happened, why it wasn't seen against Afg. He had pace, swing and everything.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope he does better at the other venues and gets his pace back. Pakistan do need an extra seamer in that lineup. The wicket today was tailor made for Hasnain.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherazkhalid View Post
    He seemed fine against Afg and totally phatta against India, not sure what happened, why it wasn't seen against Afg. He had pace, swing and everything.
    He swung it but wasnt running in well even in that game, definitely down on pace.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hasnain would've been hammered at the death too - he nearly lost us the 4th T20 vs ENG when Liam Dawson took him apart.

Shaheen is clearly not fully matchfit but he has a couple of matches vs ZIM and NED to get back up to speed.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UsmanhailsAfridi View Post

Everyone knows he is Pakistans premium bowler, but he is clearly down on intensity playing such a high profilr tournament, my worry is him jeapordizing his long term efficacy or career.

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    He isn't fit and shouldn't be there. PK missed the Hasnain on this wicket.
    I wondered the same too. Hasnain would have been very hard to deal with for India. But you cannot have a player of the caliber of SSA warming the bench when he is available for selection.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another mentally weak and rubbish bowler just like Haris

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sydney and perth should suit shaheens style more. I am just worried about his run up.

Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UsmanhailsAfridi View Post

He only gave away 8 runs cos his reputation preceded him. Rohit was very cautious about the ball coming in. They weren’t good balls, but it was a mental block of the Indian order from last year. So in a sense playing him did have an initial advantage. It allowed 2 harmless overs to go for very few runs.

But as the tournament progresses, the chances of him getting further injured increase as well as batsmen getting braver against him.

As I said in another thread, I never doubt his attitude, commitment and ability but I really don’t think it’s worth the risk. Someone needs to sit down with him and tell him to sit this one out.

Debut
    Mar 2022
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    another mentally weak and rubbish bowler just like haris
    wth??

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Another mentally weak and rubbish bowler just like Haris
    Haris and Rauf are literally two of the best white ball bowlers in the world. Better than most other big names.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He's nowhere near 100% match fit.

It's almost like Pakistan has to play him.

Looks about 75% match fit.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket