Pakistan v England | 2nd Test | Multan | 9-13 December | Pre-game discussion - Page 2

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3025 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    PCB when asked about Naseem Shah injury and participation in 2nd Test:

"It's is a niggle - Final call on his participation to be taken soon"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    PCB when asked about Naseem Shah injury and participation in 2nd Test:

"It's is a niggle - Final call on his participation to be taken soon"
    Can't afford another bowler breakdown mid test, add to that the squad options are poor due to mo wasims clueless selections.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Naseem is also out due to shoulder injury and that leaves us with Muhammad Ali and Mo Wasim, chaos Total chaos it is as local news Faheem in line to replace Naseem team could be

Imam
    ABShafiq
    Shan
    Babar
    Saud qarchi
    Rizwan
    Asalman
    Nawaz
    Faheem
    Abrar
    Mali

Again bowling is lightweight and all set for another brisk 500 from Poms

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan opener Imam-ul-Haq wants side to 'dominate' England in birth city of Multan

Pakistan opener Imam-ul-Haq is looking for his side to "dominate" England as he prepares to play his first Test in his birth city of Multan.

England secured a famous fifth-day win in the series opener at Rawalpindi - just their third Test victory in Pakistan - in a game in which they smoked 921 runs in just 136.5 overs across their two innings, including 506 from 75 overs on the opening day.

Imam, who hit a century in Pakistan's first knock, believes the hosts could have been more aggressive in their second innings, in which they were dismissed for 268 chasing 343 as England ran out 74-run winners on the flattest of pitches.

Pakistan must now triumph in Multan this week to keep their hopes of a series victory alive.

Imam told Sky Sports Cricket: "There were chances [in Rawalpindi] which we didn't collect. We didn't bat well in the last session. I feel we could have won that Test match but hats off to the England boys. Ben Stokes' captaincy was brilliant.

"Chasing 657 you are always behind so we have to survive and dominate as well. We didn't play the second innings that well. There were times we could have attacked and won the Test match.

"Pakistan are famous for comebacks and we are hopeful we will come back stronger."

"The way England are playing their Test matches is exciting. We are excited but we will control what is in our control. We have to be mentally strong and have new plans and hopefully it will be our day."

Imam's 18th Test for Pakistan will be his first in Multan. The 26-year-old played three one-day internationals at the venue against West Indies in June, hitting half-centuries in each game, but says his first Test appearance there "is a feeling I cannot describe in words".

He added: "I wanted to score a hundred [in the ODIs] but got out because of that excitement. I was very nervous.

"It is going to be very exciting for me in the Test match. A big team like England is playing against us so it will be very special.

"In early childhood I saw my uncle [Inazmam-ul-Haq] playing here. He won us a Test against Bangladesh so there are lots of memories."

Imam also has fond recollections of Pakistan's last Test win over England on home soil, in Lahore in 2005, which he attended after hotfooting it from his nearby school.

"I had to skip school [to see the game] but my mum didn't allow me," added the batter, who has scored each of his three Test tons to date in Rawalpindi.

"My school was very near to the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. My brother came to me - I remember the words - and he said, 'Pakistan is winning so we have to hurry'.

"He said Shoaib Akhtar was bowling some very good reverse swing and yorkers. I remember he bowled some good slower deliveries."

SKY

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-q-zit View Post
    Pakistan opener Imam-ul-Haq wants side to 'dominate' England in birth city of Multan

Pakistan opener Imam-ul-Haq is looking for his side to "dominate" England as he prepares to play his first Test in his birth city of Multan.

England secured a famous fifth-day win in the series opener at Rawalpindi - just their third Test victory in Pakistan - in a game in which they smoked 921 runs in just 136.5 overs across their two innings, including 506 from 75 overs on the opening day.

Imam, who hit a century in Pakistan's first knock, believes the hosts could have been more aggressive in their second innings, in which they were dismissed for 268 chasing 343 as England ran out 74-run winners on the flattest of pitches.

Pakistan must now triumph in Multan this week to keep their hopes of a series victory alive.

Imam told Sky Sports Cricket: "There were chances [in Rawalpindi] which we didn't collect. We didn't bat well in the last session. I feel we could have won that Test match but hats off to the England boys. Ben Stokes' captaincy was brilliant.

"Chasing 657 you are always behind so we have to survive and dominate as well. We didn't play the second innings that well. There were times we could have attacked and won the Test match.

"Pakistan are famous for comebacks and we are hopeful we will come back stronger."

"The way England are playing their Test matches is exciting. We are excited but we will control what is in our control. We have to be mentally strong and have new plans and hopefully it will be our day."

Imam's 18th Test for Pakistan will be his first in Multan. The 26-year-old played three one-day internationals at the venue against West Indies in June, hitting half-centuries in each game, but says his first Test appearance there "is a feeling I cannot describe in words".

He added: "I wanted to score a hundred [in the ODIs] but got out because of that excitement. I was very nervous.

"It is going to be very exciting for me in the Test match. A big team like England is playing against us so it will be very special.

"In early childhood I saw my uncle [Inazmam-ul-Haq] playing here. He won us a Test against Bangladesh so there are lots of memories."

Imam also has fond recollections of Pakistan's last Test win over England on home soil, in Lahore in 2005, which he attended after hotfooting it from his nearby school.

"I had to skip school [to see the game] but my mum didn't allow me," added the batter, who has scored each of his three Test tons to date in Rawalpindi.

"My school was very near to the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. My brother came to me - I remember the words - and he said, 'Pakistan is winning so we have to hurry'.

"He said Shoaib Akhtar was bowling some very good reverse swing and yorkers. I remember he bowled some good slower deliveries."

SKY

Mark Wood to Imam Short delivery banged in, tries to hook and caught in gully region

The likely outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Test is going to be a bigger embarrassment than the 1st. If the pitch isn't a square turner, I'm expecting an even harder beating with England going at 7.5 RPO from the outset. And with Wood playing, it will be a disaster for the batsmen as well.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its laughable that the team management is even considering Hasan Ali and Mohammad Wasim Jnr for the Test match. Both of them will go at 10 RPO. Also gives a slap on the face on all the bowlers in the domestic who are toiling away in first class for years. When you bypass them and give priority to a 4 over bowler like Haris Rauf and Wasim Jnr, resentment will naturally come.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to this trash team getting white washed by England.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    mohammad wasim has an average of 45 in fc crick cricket ,if he plays then we should discontinue our domestic cricket and pick players from psl alone.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the kind of disasterclass situation in sport where the team up against it all (in this case Pakistan) might somehow pick up a win.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it true that gun shots heard outside England teams hotel?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    So Naseem is also out due to shoulder injury and that leaves us with Muhammad Ali and Mo Wasim, chaos Total chaos it is as local news Faheem in line to replace Naseem team could be

Imam
    ABShafiq
    Shan
    Babar
    Saud qarchi
    Rizwan
    Asalman
    Nawaz
    Faheem
    Abrar
    Mali

Again bowling is lightweight and all set for another brisk 500 from Poms
    this bowling cant take 10 wickets in 10 days.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Is it true that gun shots heard outside England teams hotel?
    no such news on media

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    no such news on media
    Indian media reporting it as breaking news

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should play this team

Imaam
    Abdullah
    Azhar won't get dropped
    Babar
    Saud
    Rizwan
    Fahim
    Nawaz
    Wasim Jnr if Naseem isn't fit
    Ali
    Abrar

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.shah View Post
    Indian media reporting it as breaking news
    which channel. i was watching ary and bol ,didnt see any

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    979 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    1. Imam
    2. Shafique
    3. Shan
    4. Babar
    5. Saud
    6. Rizwan
    7. Faheem
    8. Nawaz
    9. Naseem
    10. Ali
    11. Abrar

Have a turning pitch and Pak should do well with that line up.

Faheem and Nawaz will contribute as much as Agha Salman.

So better to have more bowling options.

Please don't play the fake A/R Wasim jnr!!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan need to win the toss and bad big or at least bat long.

Has not been that long since the last test.

Anderson, Robinson and Stokes may have not had that long to recover.

Wood will only be used in short, sharp bursts.

Also is Azhar Ali fully fit after his finger injury? If not a good chance to look at someone else.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Not very hopeful.

England has Wood back.

Pakistan is struggling with its pacers.

If Naseem doesn't play, it could be Ali, Wasim jr and Faheem as the attack.

Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Not very hopeful.

England has Wood back.

Pakistan is struggling with its pacers.

If Naseem doesn't play, it could be Ali, Wasim jr and Faheem as the attack.
    Shambolic move not to draft experience pacers like Hasan Ali or Abbas in, once again our seam attack will lack experience and quality. Who ever has made this decision no to do so needs the sack.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not often that you're excited to see an away team more than your home team. Excited to see England carry on with their game and see how they play batting 2nd and 4th especially if there's anything for the spinners. I hope there is something in the pitch for seamers and spinners. But definitely more excited to watch Eng than Pak.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading Babar's pre match comments & the fact that Abbas or Hassan Ali have not been drafted in the squad, they expect a turning pitch. Therefore I think the 11 will be something like this:

1. Iman
    2. Abduallah
    3. Azhar
    4. Babar
    5. Saud Shakeel
    6. Rizwan
    7. Nawaz
    8. Faheem
    9. Nouman Ali
    10. Mohammed Ali or Naseem if fit
    11. Abrar

Hope they are right as England are playing a not threatening spinner in Leach & a part time spinner in Jacks.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chief Selectors is becoming a dear burden day by day.

Some shocking selections are ruining the fun.

Ideal place to have so many better suited bowlers given a go..

Currently all it seems is Shaheen or bust.