Pakistan's former President Pervez Musharraf dies after prolonged illness at Dubai hospital


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How will history judge the Late Pervez Musharraf?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • A supreme leader

    5 83.33%
  • A vile dictator

    1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 97
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    Pakistan's former President Pervez Musharraf dies after prolonged illness at Dubai hospital

    Former president retired General Pervez Musharraf passed away on Sunday after a prolonged battle with the rare disease amyloidosis. He was 79.

    In a statement issued immediately after his demise, the Inter-Services Public Relations expressed heartfelt condolences. “May Allah bless the departed soul and give strength to bereaved family,” the military’s media wing said.

    The former military ruler was hospitalised for three weeks in June last year. “Going through a difficult stage where recovery is not possible and organs are malfunctioning. Pray for ease in his daily living,” his family said at the time in a statement via Musharraf’s official Twitter account.

    The family had issued the statement after news of his demise started circulating on social media after some Pakistani and Indian publications carried it.

    The retired general’s illness came to light in 2018 when the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) had announced that he was suffering from the rare disease amyloidosis.

    Amyloidosis is the name for a group of rare, serious conditions caused by a build-up of an abnormal protein called amyloid in organs and tissues throughout the body. The build-up of amyloid proteins (deposits) can make it difficult for the organs and tissues to work properly.

    The party’s Overseas President Afzaal Siddiqui had said that Musharraf’s condition had “weakened his nervous system”. At the time he was being treated in London.

    On March 30, 2014, Musharraf was indicted for suspending the Constitution on November 3, 2007.

    On December 17, 2019, a special court handed Musharraf death sentence in the high treason case against him.

    The former military ruler left the country in March 2016 for Dubai to seek medical treatment and didn’t return to Pakistan since.

    DAWN
    Last edited by MenInG; 5th February 2023 at 11:59.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    11,273
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Got the news online sometime back. I wonder what regards Pakistanis hold for the man?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,566
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun. May Allah s.w.t forgive his sins and enter him among the ranks of Jannah.

    Aameen

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,566
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a very good ruler for Pakistan, Pakistan's economy grew at 6-7 % annually under his rule.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    44,258
    Mentioned
    540 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    He was a very good ruler for Pakistan, Pakistan's economy grew at 6-7 % annually under his rule.
    His last words upon his resignation in 2008 was Allah hi haafiz hai is mulk ka. His words were true given the PPP and PML N rule from 2008-2018 & PDM's rule in 2022

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,566
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    His last words upon his resignation in 2008 was Allah hi haafiz hai is mulk ka. His words were true given the PPP and PML N rule from 2008-2018 & PDM's rule in 2022
    Yeah, unfortunately for Pakistan, his words proven to be 100 % correct.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    1,617
    Mentioned
    761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest in Peace.

    Our economy prospered during his tenure.

    Yes, he did mistakes but every leader in human history have made them. May Allah forgive him.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    9,563
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The man was granted a golden opportunity by God to change Pakistan forever and he wasted it.

    He should have
    1. Abolished the parliament
    2. Written a new constitution to make Pakistan a presidential style democracy
    3. Done land reforms

    We would have been done with the curse of dynastic zamindar politics forever.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    2,291
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    He was a very good ruler for Pakistan, Pakistan's economy grew at 6-7 % annually under his rule.
    Funded by US aid. Although some credit due to him too.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Baltic Sea
    Runs
    1,566
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasim-fan View Post
    Funded by US aid. Although some credit due to him too.
    US aid might have played a role, but thats not a point against Mush, as Pakistan's exports were good under him too and the country saw alot of development..

    Also US Marshall plan helped in the rebuilding of economies of countries like Germany after WW2, so Pakistan isn't the only country that prospered due to US aid.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2022
    Runs
    205
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He used to hand Pakistani nationals, especially those from Waziristan, to the CIA like candies for a few US dollars, on the suspicion of being "militant" because they sported a beard and traditional attire.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,776
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

    Best leader we have since the 1970s. Vastly underrated. Pakistan was doing well under him.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    May Allah forgive his sins. Started off well, then made a deal with devil and destroyed PK. The problems today are a direct result of his deal in 2007.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,776
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    May Allah forgive his sins. Started off well, then made a deal with devil and destroyed PK. The problems today are a direct result of his deal in 2007.
    Learn some history before bad mouthing a true leader. If he was leader in the past 10 years we would be a stable upcoming nation.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    13,781
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP.

    I was personally a big fan of Musharraf. Of course he made mistakes but the guys heart was in the right place.
    He was totally right to crack down on religious extremism that was plaguing the country.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Learn some history before bad mouthing a true leader. If he was leader in the past 10 years we would be a stable upcoming nation.
    A true leader who sells his citizens for money. Ok.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Learn some history before bad mouthing a true leader. If he was leader in the past 10 years we would be a stable upcoming nation.
    Well he wasn't and he made a deal with the mafia and today PK stands on the brink. His legacy is letting criminals being given NROs and not being hanged like they should have been. A terrible legacy that PKs will have to pay for decades.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,382
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without a doubt the best leader Pakistan has had in the 21st century so far. Yes he had his flaws and made mistakes but under his leadership the nation was heading in the right direction and had experienced good economic growth until 9/11 happened.

    May his soul rest in peace.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Without a doubt the best leader Pakistan has had in the 21st century so far. Yes he had his flaws and made mistakes but under his leadership the nation was heading in the right direction and had experienced good economic growth until 9/11 happened.

    May his soul rest in peace.
    Not really. He had all the institutions under his control and had the public behind but still he allowed criminals to be above the law. A betrayal of historic proportions that can never be forgotten and by millions never forgiven.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    17,363
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a good leader until 9/11. After that things went downhill rapidly. He sold out Pakistan to the Americans to keep his job.

    I do believe that if Pakistan had seriously considered "enlightened moderation" the fate of the nation may have turned out dramatically different. At the time the concept was ridiculed but I think the general was on to something.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,382
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Not really. He had all the institutions under his control and had the public behind but still he allowed criminals to be above the law. A betrayal of historic proportions that can never be forgotten and by millions never forgiven.
    I would rather have a competent leader who is corrupt than a less corrupt leader who calls OBL a shaheed and lets TTP and other extremists off the hook because of a perception of Pathaan brotherhood. Your cult leader was complicit for what happened at that Peshawar Mosque. If Musharraf was our leader today, he would've wiped all these terrorists from Pakistan at the first instance.

    Have some shame before you diss the dead, especially for a leader who helped Pakistan prosper before 9/11 had happened.

    Sometimes it's okay to take off your PTI tinted glasses off for once. I appreciate it might be a struggle but just try it for once.
    Last edited by topspin; 5th February 2023 at 18:19.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,776
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Was a good leader until 9/11. After that things went downhill rapidly. He sold out Pakistan to the Americans to keep his job.

    I do believe that if Pakistan had seriously considered "enlightened moderation" the fate of the nation may have turned out dramatically different. At the time the concept was ridiculed but I think the general was on to something.
    He didn't have much choice and Pakistan from 2000 to 2008 was a country on the up in all areas. Anyone who can't see that is just being biased.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    17,363
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I would rather have a competent leader who is corrupt than a less corrupt leader who calls OBL a shaheed and lets TTP and other extremists off the hook because of a perception of Pathaan brotherhood. Your cult leader was complicit for what happened at that Peshawar Mosque. If Musharraf was our leader today, he would've wiped all these terrorists from Pakistan at the first instance.

    Have some shame before you diss the dead, especially for a leader who helped Pakistan prosper before 9/11 had happened.

    Sometimes it's okay to take off your PTI tinted glasses off for once. I appreciate it might be a struggle but just try it for once.
    Lal Masjid was one of the highlights of Musharraf's tenure.

    However Pakistan failed to fully put the but into the neck of militancy. It dithered and tried to appease them rather than capitalising on the momentum of Lal masjid. The fact that Abdul Aziz Ghazi is a free man says a lot about the direction that Pakistan decided to take.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I would rather have a competent leader who is corrupt than a less corrupt leader who calls OBL a shaheed and lets TTP and other extremists off the hook because of a perception of Pathaan brotherhood. Your cult leader was complicit for what happened at that Peshawar Mosque. If Musharraf was our leader today, he would've wiped all these terrorists from Pakistan at the first instance.

    Have some shame before you diss the dead, especially for a leader who helped Pakistan prosper before 9/11 had happened.

    Sometimes it's okay to take off your PTI tinted glasses off for once. I appreciate it might be a struggle but just try it for once.
    Rubbish. It's Mushies deals that led to the death of 1000s of PK. And the Peshawar massacre is a front created by our own ISI. Stop this nonsense that it isnt planned to stop the elections. As soon as IK went, suddenly all the terrorists came back? Why? Mush made a deal with criminals and today we are and always will pay the price. He took money off the Saudi King to buy flats in London? Was that declared? To whom and when?

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    27,138
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    39,473
    Mentioned
    1354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    RIP. One of the most polarising leaders in Pakistan history.

    I personally oppose military coups. Instead of allowing the system to cleanse itself, they create political martyrs. PPP was on its knees after the 1997 election, and PMLN was damaged goods after Kargil (where Musharraf played a leading role). Yet by the end and thanks to NROs in a desperate bid to cling to office, both parties were rehabilitated and more powerful than ever.

    Nevertheless he initially enjoyed some goodwill in 1999 after a decade of Bhutto-Sharif misrule. There was some economic growth thanks to American aid and debt forgiveness post-9/11. Relations with India were at an all-time high.

    His actions post-9/11 will be forever debated. Threatened with being "bombed back to the stone age" he perhaps had little choice to join Bush's War on Terror, but he still hedged his bets with the Afghan Taliban.

    By the end, the country was on brink of collapse. Whatever economic gains made were lost after the global downturn. The security situation was appalling with routine bomb blasts in the major cities, partly thanks to Musharraf's half-hearted military operations against TTP. His attempts to reverse some of the Zia era legislation via "enlightened moderation" was clumsy and inadequate. He went to war with the judiciary creating more turmoil.

    Pakistan is a failed state and the rot is so deep I don't know if anyone can fix it.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,776
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    RIP. One of the most polarising leaders in Pakistan history.

    I personally oppose military coups. Instead of allowing the system to cleanse itself, they create political martyrs. PPP was on its knees after the 1997 election, and PMLN was damaged goods after Kargil (where Musharraf played a leading role). Yet by the end and thanks to NROs in a desperate bid to cling to office, both parties were rehabilitated and more powerful than ever.

    Nevertheless he initially enjoyed some goodwill in 1999 after a decade of Bhutto-Sharif misrule. There was some economic growth thanks to American aid and debt forgiveness post-9/11. Relations with India were at an all-time high.

    His actions post-9/11 will be forever debated. Threatened with being "bombed back to the stone age" he perhaps had little choice to join Bush's War on Terror, but he still hedged his bets with the Afghan Taliban.

    By the end, the country was on brink of collapse. Whatever economic gains made were lost after the global downturn. The security situation was appalling with routine bomb blasts in the major cities, partly thanks to Musharraf's half-hearted military operations against TTP. His attempts to reverse some of the Zia era legislation via "enlightened moderation" was clumsy and inadequate. He went to war with the judiciary creating more turmoil.

    Pakistan is a failed state and the rot is so deep I don't know if anyone can fix it.
    Can't blame him for the global downturn. Subjectively anyone staying in or visiting Pakistan between 2000 to 2008 will tell you it was a far better place than now.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Can't blame him for the global downturn. Subjectively anyone staying in or visiting Pakistan between 2000 to 2008 will tell you it was a far better place than now.
    He had absolute power to put PK on the straight. Did no such thing, nothing worked before and even less works now. The NRO created a class above the law and Bajwa did the same. The Generals aren't interested in progess they are interested in property development and keep the masses down. Mush can't be forgiven for his betrayal of PK

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,881
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    He was a very good ruler for Pakistan, Pakistan's economy grew at 6-7 % annually under his rule.
    And he got 10s of billions of dollars of debt waived off from US and other economic agencies by participating in 'war on terror'. The US alone gave nearly $12 billion in economic and military assistance to Pakistan. He actually put pakistan in a good stead by mid 2000s but Pakistan economy couldn't build up from there.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    10,776
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    And he got 10s of billions of dollars of debt waived off from US and other economic agencies by participating in 'war on terror'. The US alone gave nearly $12 billion in economic and military assistance to Pakistan. He actually put pakistan in a good stead by mid 2000s but Pakistan economy couldn't build up from there.
    Yes golden opportunity was squandered by all the leaders since him. Now very hard for Pakistan to survive and prosper.

    Basically the only way Pakistan can recover is military rule. The democracy experiment has been a disaster. The people aren't capable of electing the right leadership. Maybe in a few hundred years but just now only a firm hand works in Pakistan.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I cheered when Musharraf took power but became very worried when he took off his uniform and started calling himself President.

    I wanted him to stay on as General and clean up the mess and then handover power to a newly elected gov.

    Curiously speaking, Shehbaz has tweeted his condolence but Imran is yet to do that.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    3,935
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I cheered when Musharraf took power but became very worried when he took off his uniform and started calling himself President.

    I wanted him to stay on as General and clean up the mess and then handover power to a newly elected gov.

    Curiously speaking, Shehbaz has tweeted his condolence but Imran is yet to do that.
    I had the same extract notions when he came to power and did bring some stability during his first couple of years but then he messed up.
    The addiction of power got to his head - and then Lal masjid incident was the last nail in the coffin.

    A very disappointing end.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Poll added.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great general of his time

    Did a decent job as president was a fan

    May Allah grant him the highest abode in Jannat

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    92,907
    Mentioned
    2310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun.

    I didn't really know much about Pak politics when he was around but I recall him dividing opinion amongst our relatives and friends.


    Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

    To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

    To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pervez Musharraf, the four-star general who ruled Pakistan for nearly a decade after seizing power in a bloodless coup in 1999, oversaw rapid economic growth and attempted to usher in socially liberal values in the conservative Muslim country.

    Musharraf, 79, died in hospital after a long illness after spending years in self-imposed exile, Pakistan media reported on Sunday. He enjoyed strong support for many years, his greatest threat al Qaeda and other militant Islamists who tried to kill him at least three times.

    But his heavy-handed use of the military to quell dissent as well as his continued backing of the United States in its fight against al Qaeda and the Afghan Taliban ultimately led to his downfall.

    Born in New Delhi in 1943, Musharraf was four years old when his parents joined the mass exodus by Muslims to the newly created state of Pakistan. His father served in the foreign ministry, while his mother was a teacher and the family subscribed to a moderate, tolerant brand of Islam.

    He joined the army at the age of 18, and went on to lead an elite commando unit before rising to become its chief. He took power by ousting the then prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, who had tried to sack him for greenlighting an operation to invade Indian-held areas of Kashmir, bringing Pakistan and India to the brink of war.

    In his early years in government, Musharraf won plaudits internationally for his reformist efforts, pushing through legislation to protect the rights of women and allowing private news channels to operate for the first time.

    His penchant for cigars and imported whisky and his calls for Muslims to adopt a lifestyle of "enlightened moderation" increased his appeal in the West in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks in the United States.

    He became one of Washington’s most important allies after the attacks, allowing U.S. forces to operate armed drones from secret bases on Pakistani soil that killed thousands and ordering domestic troops into the country’s lawless tribal areas along the Afghanistan frontier for the first time Pakistan’s history.

    That helped legitimise his rule overseas but also helped plunge Pakistan into a bloody war against local extremist militant groups.

    In a 2006 memoir, he took credit for saving Pakistan from American wrath saying the country had been warned it needed to be “prepared to be bombed back to the Stone Age” if it did not ally itself with Washington.

    Musharraf also successfully lobbied then-President George W. Bush to pour money into the Pakistani military. Still, the army's allegiances were never unambiguous: its powerful intelligence services cut deals with the Taliban and al Qaeda, and bolstered an insurgency fighting U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

    In other areas of foreign policy, Musharraf attempted to normalise relations between New Delhi and Islamabad.

    At a regional summit in 2002, less than three years after launching the military operation against India, Musharraf shocked the world when, after finishing a speech, he suddenly moved towards Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to shake hands and offered to talk peace.

    Analysts say the issue of Kashmir – which remains the most potent point of contention between India and Pakistan – was close to being solved during the Musharraf era. But the peace process was derailed soon after his rule.

    Under Musharraf, foreign investment flourished and Pakistan saw annual economic growth of as much as 7.5% - which remains the highest level in nearly three decades, according to World Bank data.

    The later years of his presidency were, however overshadowed, by his increasingly authoritarian rule. In 2006, Musharraf ordered military action that killed a tribal head from the province Balochistan, laying the foundations of an armed insurgency that rages to this day.

    The next year, more than a hundred students calling for the imposition of Sharia law were killed after Musharraf shunned negotiations and ordered troops to storm a mosque in Islamabad. That led to the birth of a new militant group, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, which has since killed tens of thousands in suicide bombings and brazen assaults.

    Later in 2007, a suicide attack that assassinated opposition leader Benazir Bhutto, triggered waves of violence. His efforts to strong arm the judiciary also led to protests and a besieged Musharraf postponed elections and declared a state of emergency.

    In 2008, the country's first democratic elections in 11 years were held. Musharraf's party lost and facing impeachment by parliament he resigned the presidency and fled to London.

    He returned to Pakistan in 2013 to run for a seat in parliament but was immediately disqualified. He was allowed to leave for Dubai in 2016.

    In 2019, a court sentenced him to death in absentia for the 2007 imposition of emergency rule but the verdict was later overturned.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jul 2022
    Runs
    2,017
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a a dictator which I can never support . But the economy was great under him, he tackled religious extremism and he has to be credited for brining in private channels . Before there was only state channels. If he was democratically elected I would say a great leader. . But he was not.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Yes golden opportunity was squandered by all the leaders since him. Now very hard for Pakistan to survive and prosper.

    Basically the only way Pakistan can recover is military rule. The democracy experiment has been a disaster. The people aren't capable of electing the right leadership. Maybe in a few hundred years but just now only a firm hand works in Pakistan.
    Mush gave the NRO to the people that destroyed PK. He was promised the Presidency as part of the deal but BBs death scuppered the part where he would stay as President. Fear Allah not politicians, he had the power to create a new paradigm and put PK on a path of progress where mafias don't control every institution, he didnt do it. As part of the deal for the NRO he was given flats as bribes by the king of Saudi. History is unforgiving and Mush let us down.
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 5th February 2023 at 22:24.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    23,637
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    R.I.P his governance was better than all PDM cronies


    Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    30,606
    Mentioned
    726 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianig89 View Post
    R.I.P his governance was better than all PDM cronies
    May Allah forgive his sins.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    RIP. One of the most polarising leaders in Pakistan history.

    I personally oppose military coups. Instead of allowing the system to cleanse itself, they create political martyrs. PPP was on its knees after the 1997 election, and PMLN was damaged goods after Kargil (where Musharraf played a leading role). Yet by the end and thanks to NROs in a desperate bid to cling to office, both parties were rehabilitated and more powerful than ever.

    Nevertheless he initially enjoyed some goodwill in 1999 after a decade of Bhutto-Sharif misrule. There was some economic growth thanks to American aid and debt forgiveness post-9/11. Relations with India were at an all-time high.

    His actions post-9/11 will be forever debated. Threatened with being "bombed back to the stone age" he perhaps had little choice to join Bush's War on Terror, but he still hedged his bets with the Afghan Taliban.

    By the end, the country was on brink of collapse. Whatever economic gains made were lost after the global downturn. The security situation was appalling with routine bomb blasts in the major cities, partly thanks to Musharraf's half-hearted military operations against TTP. His attempts to reverse some of the Zia era legislation via "enlightened moderation" was clumsy and inadequate. He went to war with the judiciary creating more turmoil.

    Pakistan is a failed state and the rot is so deep I don't know if anyone can fix it.
    I dont think there is any debate but it does show why Pakistan is in such a mess. The people of Pakistan spend of their time arguing/fighting with each other in a tribalistic manner over leaders.

    Mushy died in Dubai, a very rich man in very comfortable settings but many innocent people were killed, imprisoned or sent to secret prisons inc G-bay.

    Mushy decision to join the WAR Of Terror was the worst decision made by any Pakistani leader in history. A leader who sold out his people to obtain wealth for himself and his army buddies. Over 3000 people including hundreds of children were bombed within Pakistan by US drones because of his decision.

    The argument US would bomb Pakistan to the stone age is for cowards and idiots who dont understand basic warfare. Pakistan is a nuclear power, it would take the whole world down with it if such bombing to stone age would take place.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    2,163
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    As part of the deal for the NRO he was given flats as bribes by the king of Saudi. History is unforgiving and Mush let us down.
    Yet so many are allergic to any criticism of the Saudis....

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    201,846
    Mentioned
    3037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His last words. Pakistan ka Allah hi hafiz hai

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szrana007 View Post
    He was a very good ruler for Pakistan, Pakistan's economy grew at 6-7 % annually under his rule.
    no he was not. That economy grew due to Bin laden aid we were getting, not mushraffe performing miracles.

    Infact the gas crises that Pakistan deals with today is because of Musharaffes polices. He allowed gas to be used in industries who than used it all up.. Today homes dont get sui gas anymore.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were several generals who toppled the Sharif goverment in 1999. Musharraf wasnít even in the country when this happened and was not at forefront.

    Yet, none of the other generals were convicted. Some even joined governments later.

    The only difference with those generals who werenít convicted is that they belonged to Punjab

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    no he was not. That economy grew due to Bin laden aid we were getting, not mushraffe performing miracles.
    We have always received aid. But under hun most of it was actually being spent rather than filling up Bhutto and Sharif family bank accounts in Switzerland and buying apartments in UK

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I dont think there is any debate but it does show why Pakistan is in such a mess. The people of Pakistan spend of their time arguing/fighting with each other in a tribalistic manner over leaders.

    Mushy died in Dubai, a very rich man in very comfortable settings but many innocent people were killed, imprisoned or sent to secret prisons inc G-bay.

    Mushy decision to join the WAR Of Terror was the worst decision made by any Pakistani leader in history. A leader who sold out his people to obtain wealth for himself and his army buddies. Over 3000 people including hundreds of children were bombed within Pakistan by US drones because of his decision.

    The argument US would bomb Pakistan to the stone age is for cowards and idiots who dont understand basic warfare. Pakistan is a nuclear power, it would take the whole world down with it if such bombing to stone age would take place.
    Musharraf did not die a very rich man tbh if you compare with Bhuttos and Sharifs. His apartment for example in Dubai is not even 30% of the value of the London property sharif family has

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad-GERMANFC View Post
    Musharraf did not die a very rich man tbh if you compare with Bhuttos and Sharifs. His apartment for example in Dubai is not even 30% of the value of the London property sharif family has
    Billions of US Dollars in Foreign Accounts
    The FIA had informed the court about half a dozen bank accounts in the name of Pervez Musharraf. This included his bank accounts in Pakistan as well as London. According to FIAs probe, Musharraf had USD 20 million in his foreign bank accounts. He had around Rs 12 lakh 50 thousand rupees in a bank in Pakistan. A Pakistani journalist disclosed in 2020 that General Musharraf got Rs two crore rupees on his retirement. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Musharraf's net worth was USD 2 million (around 55 crore Pakistani rupees) in 2022.
    https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world...on/ss-AA177O0T

    Maybe you're a billionaire or more likely youre not but this is just the known wealth, he died a rich man.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    While Mushrafe was more leaning towards the left and made some very good decisions and he removed PMLN from power, who every PPP fan hated. However, what Mushraffe did was clear violation of the constitution. No army dictator has the right to call themselves as president or intervene in the politics of the country. It was never his job to get elections done, Nawaz was the PM and had the authority to make any decision he wanted.

    Even if IK was PM at the time, I would still stand by this. IK has the right to make the decision on the country's institutions and not some army chief.

    His decision to join the War on Terror was a great decision. Bush never gave us an option and Pakistan would had been bombard. Wahabism had spread into Pakistan at the time, and alot of the terrorist were getting training from Pakistan. USA would had done the same thing to Pakistan that they did with Afghanistan. Especially considering the fact that Osama Bin Laden was eventually found in Pakistan.

    Mushraffe should had had down the lal masjid attack much earlier. The battle took place too late, they should had removed those two idiot brothers in early 2000s. Mushraffe allowed it to escalate that far. They should have atleast demolished that mosque to the ground after the operation. It was a terrorist breeding group.

    Mushraffe made bad decisions with industries, gave natural gas to them, which was a need for the Pakistani awaam in the winters...

    Anyways, this guy once said that Pakistani women get rape to settle abroad. Ironically, he settled abroad, died abroad and his dead body is returning back for a guard of honor.

    He was a traitor and should had been hanged for violating the constitution.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    While Mushrafe was more leaning towards the left and made some very good decisions and he removed PMLN from power, who every PPP fan hated. However, what Mushraffe did was clear violation of the constitution. No army dictator has the right to call themselves as president or intervene in the politics of the country. It was never his job to get elections done, Nawaz was the PM and had the authority to make any decision he wanted.

    Even if IK was PM at the time, I would still stand by this. IK has the right to make the decision on the country's institutions and not some army chief.

    His decision to join the War on Terror was a great decision. Bush never gave us an option and Pakistan would had been bombard. Wahabism had spread into Pakistan at the time, and alot of the terrorist were getting training from Pakistan. USA would had done the same thing to Pakistan that they did with Afghanistan. Especially considering the fact that Osama Bin Laden was eventually found in Pakistan.

    Mushraffe should had had down the lal masjid attack much earlier. The battle took place too late, they should had removed those two idiot brothers in early 2000s. Mushraffe allowed it to escalate that far. They should have atleast demolished that mosque to the ground after the operation. It was a terrorist breeding group.

    Mushraffe made bad decisions with industries, gave natural gas to them, which was a need for the Pakistani awaam in the winters...

    Anyways, this guy once said that Pakistani women get rape to settle abroad. Ironically, he settled abroad, died abroad and his dead body is returning back for a guard of honor.

    He was a traitor and should had been hanged for violating the constitution.
    Firstly Zardari is a traitor too and a thief but you have his photo on your bedroom wall.

    To think Bush would have bombed a nuclear power is as idiotic as one can get.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  57. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad-GERMANFC View Post
    Musharraf did not die a very rich man tbh if you compare with Bhuttos and Sharifs. His apartment for example in Dubai is not even 30% of the value of the London property sharif family has
    No Pakistani govt employee can earn 20 million dollars by working in a govt job and that to during the 80s-2000s.

    He got kickbacks from alot of projects that he gave to his friends.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Firstly Zardari is a traitor too and a thief but you have his photo on your bedroom wall.

    To think Bush would have bombed a nuclear power is as idiotic as one can get.
    yeh, go post that in a zardari thread plz. not here.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad-GERMANFC View Post
    We have always received aid. But under hun most of it was actually being spent rather than filling up Bhutto and Sharif family bank accounts in Switzerland and buying apartments in UK
    no we have not. We have recieved aid only when dictators were in power. As soon as dictators were not in power, and Pakistan was under civilian rule, USA would not need us and we wouldn;t get aid.

    USA stopped the aid program after Osama was caught in Pakistan.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    yeh, go post that in a zardari thread plz. not here.
    When you make claims, your credibility must be questioned or rather exposed. So readers can see the context of your posts.

    But sure, please do explain who a full blown war with a nuclear Pakistan would have gone for Bush?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad-GERMANFC View Post
    There were several generals who toppled the Sharif goverment in 1999. Musharraf wasn’t even in the country when this happened and was not at forefront.

    Yet, none of the other generals were convicted. Some even joined governments later.

    The only difference with those generals who weren’t convicted is that they belonged to Punjab
    wait what? which several generals toppled SHarif?

    Doesnt matter where Mushraffe was, the PM of the country decides who he wants as COAS, its not the army's decision.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    When you make claims, your credibility must be questioned or rather exposed. So readers can see the context of your posts.

    But sure, please do explain who a full blown war with a nuclear Pakistan would have gone for Bush?
    Pakistan's nuclear capability is not a concern for USA. Our nuclear policy is centered towards India. None of our nuclear arms can travel up to USA, our ranges only cover India.

    Sometimes, people over rate the nuclear aspect, when in reality its not a threat to countries that are far away from us.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2022
    Runs
    205
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of the many issues with him, a perception among the people of Kashmir is that he betrayed them (his attempts at "resolution"), so quite interesting that he passed away this 5 February, or on the "Kashmir Solidarity Day".

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world...on/ss-AA177O0T

    Maybe you're a billionaire or more likely youre not but this is just the known wealth, he died a rich man.
    USD 20 million is nothing in that context tbh.

    I didnít say heís not Rich. I said compared to sharifs and Bhuttos heís a pauper

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    wait what? which several generals toppled SHarif?

    Doesnt matter where Mushraffe was, the PM of the country decides who he wants as COAS, its not the army's decision.
    Yes. It was the military leadership which topped Musharraf while he was out of country. Obv Musharraf blessing was there but that leadership did the actual coup per se. None of them were tried. Why?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad-GERMANFC View Post
    USD 20 million is nothing in that context tbh.

    I didn’t say he’s not Rich. I said compared to sharifs and Bhuttos he’s a pauper
    that is corruption money. No govt employee of Pakistan can make that money from legal means. And a general isn't allowed to run a business when in power

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Pakistan's nuclear capability is not a concern for USA. Our nuclear policy is centered towards India. None of our nuclear arms can travel up to USA, our ranges only cover India.

    Sometimes, people over rate the nuclear aspect, when in reality its not a threat to countries that are far away from us.
    lol. A nation will use its power against any attack esp if its bomb back to the stone age. Pak nukes can many target US bases but they can just drop nukes anywhere and the world will be in ruins. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad-GERMANFC View Post
    USD 20 million is nothing in that context tbh.

    I didn’t say he’s not Rich. I said compared to sharifs and Bhuttos he’s a pauper
    You sound like you're rich but from your posts this cant be possible. Its more but $20 million is rich, comparing to others is meaningless. The point was he died a rich man which is a fact.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    lol. A nation will use its power against any attack esp if its bomb back to the stone age. Pak nukes can many target US bases but they can just drop nukes anywhere and the world will be in ruins. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual.
    we dont have the heads that can travel those ranges... And Pakistan would never had challenged USA with it, because USA have the capability of those ranges.

    its funny how you think that anyone can strap a nuclear on their back and travel to any country to use it . Thats not how it works.

    Pakistan cant drop nukes anywhere in the world, the ranges are such that it covers India. So any equivalent range North, South, West can be targetted, and you may not know this, but USA is pretty far.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2020
    Runs
    1,471
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caused the kargil carnage which wiped out thousands of our troops , made the NLI go extinct then sent ganja to America to save their backside after India took the gloves off.
    Then framed ganja for the withdrawl and engineered a coup by blaming the pmln

    Joined the illegal usa war which destroyed our country and caused 10000s of casualties still living with the repercussions.

    Lal masjid which led to formation of ttp still living with this.

    Allowed drone strikes , sold pakistan citizens countless missing abducted.

    Killed bugti and caused the baloch insurgency to reignite .

    Formulated cpec which under the incompetent nooras ended up a white elephant and debt trap still living with this kharza today.

    Gave nro to criminal crook families to comeback his idiotic decision then led to benazir being killed.

    Empowered the mqm back in karachi who then started their killing spree in karachi alongwith 10% ppp thugs which went into the ppp tenure before pmln and raheel sharif put a stop to it.

    At the end of the day Allah is ghafoor ur rahim

    But this guy has got a lot to answer for

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    we dont have the heads that can travel those ranges... And Pakistan would never had challenged USA with it, because USA have the capability of those ranges.

    its funny how you think that anyone can strap a nuclear on their back and travel to any country to use it . Thats not how it works.

    Pakistan cant drop nukes anywhere in the world, the ranges are such that it covers India. So any equivalent range North, South, West can be targetted, and you may not know this, but USA is pretty far.
    heads

    ICBMs can travel to many many US bases. Also if US occupied Afghanistan, 150k+ of their troops would also be in danger. No nation has gone with a full out war with another nuclear armed power. This is cowardly thinking but not surprising from a Zardari ******.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    heads

    ICBMs can travel to many many US bases. Also if US occupied Afghanistan, 150k+ of their troops would also be in danger. No nation has gone with a full out war with another nuclear armed power. This is cowardly thinking but not surprising from a Zardari ******.
    1. Pakistan does not have an ICBM. And it surely did not have one in the early 2000s. It has the capibilities to build one, but back in early 2000s, Pakistan did not have one, and doesnt need it. Its a waste of money for us, cause
    2. its better to read up on our nuclear policy rather than come here and lol and use name calling cause you only making yourself look foolish. Pakistan never invested in high range missle systems as our target is only India and we only cover those ranges.
    3. Why the hell would Pakistan attack Afghanistan with a Nuclear missle?

    you really have no clue, and trying to use emojis and lols do make yourself look as a smart one...

    again, nuclears are not carried in your backpack that you can just target any country you want
    Last edited by Major; 6th February 2023 at 02:39.

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    36,708
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I liked Musharraf. He was open minded, if I'm not mistaken he allowed Veer Zara, a massive Bollywood production to be played in Pakistan cinemas. But being open minded doesn't excuse going to war against your own population on behalf of outside powers, and I think this is where he didn't hold true to the feelings of his people.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    44,919
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    1. Pakistan does not have an ICBM. And it surely did not have one in the early 2000s. It has the capibilities to build one, but back in early 2000s, Pakistan did not have one, and doesnt need it. Its a waste of money for us, cause
    2. its better to read up on our nuclear policy rather than come here and lol and use name calling cause you only making yourself look foolish. Pakistan never invested in high range missle systems as our target is only India and we only cover those ranges.
    3. Why the hell would Pakistan attack Afghanistan with a Nuclear missle?

    you really have no clue, and trying to use emojis and lols do make yourself look as a smart one...

    again, nuclears are not carried in your backpack that you can just target any country you want
    1. Yes Pak does posses ICBM but doesnt even need this as its has plenty in range of many US bases inc in the middle east.

    2. There is no nuclear policy which would stop a nation from deploying if being bombed backed to the stone age. You and Zardari might run but the armed forces has a duty to defend the nation be vaparised.

    3. US bases in Afghanistan, I wrote this earlier.

    Cowardly thinking is what had held back Pakistan which Mushy showed.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  75. #75
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    4,197
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man sold his own, mostly innocent, countrymen to CIA for Ďrenditionsí in gitmo. Started war with India where he refused to claim the dead bodies of his own soldiers, lead a military coup so he could avoid court martial, bought and threatened judges to legitimise his unconstitutional rule, made the economy worse in long term by relying on the supply of dollars coming from US in the War on Terror, and on and on. Rot in hell.

  76. #76
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    36,708
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Man sold his own, mostly innocent, countrymen to CIA for ‘renditions’ in gitmo. Started war with India where he refused to claim the dead bodies of his own soldiers, lead a military coup so he could avoid court martial, bought and threatened judges to legitimise his unconstitutional rule, made the economy worse in long term by relying on the supply of dollars coming from US in the War on Terror, and on and on. Rot in hell.

    If he was a CIA paid stooge, why would he start a war with India?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2019
    Runs
    4,023
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    If he was a CIA paid stooge, why would he start a war with India?
    As a general he should be on the same page as his government. Thatís the way it works in any normal country. If he is taking his own calls going behind the government regardless of how competent they are means he has gone rouge. I donít doubt he hated India, thatís not too much of a stretch but if you think he started a war for patriotic purposes then he would have spent his last days in Pakistan among his supporters and fans, not in a swanky and lush apartment/ house in Dubai/ London.

    Basically if not CIA, he got payment from somewhere

  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    12,571
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun

    He was one of our better leaders. May Allah forgive his sins.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jul 2022
    Runs
    2,017
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was no fan of Musharraf . On personal level I liked home. But he was an unelected president. A dictator. So I could not in my right. Mind support him. There are people here who are lovers of zia who have issues with mushie.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    24,401
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    THe guy even used Dr ABdul Qadir as a scapegoat for his own antics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •