Peshawar Zalmi [183/8] knock out Islamabad United [171/6] with 12-run win in Eliminator 1 - Page 5


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 321 to 363 of 363
  1. #321
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,189
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    IU chased in 9 of their 10 group games, winning 5. They batted 1st once and lost. Not sure why Shadab would randomly choose to bat 1st in a knockout when they are used to chasing
    Absolutely, and they were batting comfortably and could had easily got the target against this bowling but Irshad and Jamal bowled brilliantly.

  2. #322
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    12,798
    Mentioned
    1626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I hope LQ win. Peshawar and Multan are led by unlikeable captains.
    Unlikeable for who? You and Rana?

  3. #323
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,189
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ammar_merry View Post
    Now jamal will be accused with how he is yaari dosti and related to babar by shoaib jatt and friends ��
    Yaari Dosti Zinda bad lol.

  4. #324
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    57
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abughio View Post
    Jamal over Waseem the fake all rounder.

    Jamal actually can hit some sixes.. and today he showed some pace as well equal to Waseem as well
    Jamal can be a good addition to test team where we can do with a fast bowling all-rounder. For t20 and one day's, let's go for shaheen naseem haris and ihsanullah pace attack.

  5. #325
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    9,946
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Couldnít even put away full tosses
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I hope LQ win. Peshawar and Multan are led by unlikeable captains.
    LQ are led by an even more unlikeable captain in SSA who think himself as an all-rounder

  6. #326
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    141
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOM should go to Jamal! Loved his spell.

  7. #327
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,189
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Unlikeable for who? You and Rana?
    Its like Maryam Nawazin saying Imran Khan is unlikeable,despite being the most popular party in the country.

  8. #328
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,044
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam is not a good captain, Babar Azam can't score big in must win games, said a few kids once upon a time on PP.😂

  9. #329
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    2,513
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering who would Fixer supporters cheer now. Can't root for Rizwan and Shaheen 🤣😂.

  10. #330
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,044
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan in the final. Babar winning a lost game out of nowhere and qualifies for the semi-final.

    Burnol needed in huge quantities for some.

  11. #331
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,189
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    LQ are led by an even more unlikeable captain in SSA who think himself as an all-rounder
    No one is unlikeable, they are all our heroes, they can be immature or insecure but they do their best for their team, but need guidance to make them into good leaders.

  12. #332
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    2,513
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsanax View Post
    MOM should go to Jamal! Loved his spell.
    Babar for ignoring Sammy and giving last over to Jamal instead of Wahab.

  13. #333
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    57
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliq_Mudasir View Post
    Babar for ignoring Sammy and giving last over to Jamal instead of Wahab.
    So true 😆😆😆

  14. #334
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unreal the hate Babar gets. Genuinely one of the most technically correct batters pak has ever produced. Bunch of nobodies criticising him having never played the game at any sort of decent level. No batsman will always look like a million bucks - many dashers struggle on sporting wickets. Babar is just a class act. I'm sure he's not too concerned about some random armchair lunatic fans thinking they knwi all

  15. #335
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    3,807
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliq_Mudasir View Post
    Wondering who would Fixer supporters cheer now. Can't root for Rizwan and Shaheen 🤣😂.
    Loving this.

  16. #336
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,090
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Unlikeable for who? You and Rana?
    Shoaib jatt and legends company 🤣

  17. #337
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you have some that will never give him any credit - regardless. His last few innings have been priceless and he's propelling his side into strong positions in must win matches. Hit form at just the right time. Managed his attack really well too.

  18. #338
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    14,068
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab Khan: We struggled with the ball in the first 10 overs, we came back outstandingly. Credit to the way Peshawar bowled when the ball was reverse-swinging. Wins and losses are part of this game, I feel I made the right decision at the toss. Our body language wasn't good in the first 10-13 overs and that cost us the game today. We qualified for the playoffs. We didn't play the perfect game as a team. We could have finished in the top-two but we didn't play smart cricket.

  19. #339
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    14,068
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islamabad United:

    128/1 from 14 overs
    171/6 from 20 overs

    43/5 from the last 6 overs

  20. #340
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    14,068
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam: The way the fast bowlers executed and came back, it was outstanding. The ball started to reverse after 10 overs. We couldn't finish well with the bat, we were 20 runs short. There's always room for improvement. We need to bowl well in the first six overs.

  21. #341
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,760
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    Unlikeable for who? You and Rana?
    Unlikeable for anyone with an eye for talent. I wouldn't expect you to understand this because your standards are set by your hero, Misbah.

  22. #342
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,760
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    LQ are led by an even more unlikeable captain in SSA who think himself as an all-rounder
    I've been critical of SSA with what might be a case of fame getting to his head after promoting himself up to the middle order. However, I really do think you got an agenda against him. You've never said a good word about him.

    I don't agree with everything he does but SSA is Pakistan's best player whether you like it or not.

  23. #343
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    333
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Jamal can be a good addition to test team where we can do with a fast bowling all-rounder. For t20 and one day's, let's go for shaheen naseem haris and ihsanullah pace attack.
    Agree.

    Actually I never liked Mo Waseem because, we were told he is an allrounder who could bowl fast and was selected. But, if that is the case, we got better player than him. Brush him aside.

    The attack you shared is very good

  24. #344
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,090
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Unlikeable for anyone with an eye for talent. I wouldn't expect you to understand this because your standards are set by your hero, Misbah.
    What eye for talent you are talking about. Two hv won garry sobers award recently.

  25. #345
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    50,543
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So that makes Jamal the 3rd fastest seamer in Pakistan

  26. #346
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    50,543
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rauf
    Ihsanullah
    Jamal
    Hasnain
    Shaheen
    Naseem
    Waseem jr

    Thatís the order of fastest I recon

  27. #347
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    93,968
    Mentioned
    2321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Brilliant spells of pace bowling in the middle and death overs from Salman Irshad and Aamir Jamal helped Peshawar Zalmi defend 183 successfully against Islamabad United in Eliminator 1 at the Gaddafi Stadium on Thursday. The defeat has brought Islamabad United’s HBL Pakistan Super League 8 journey to a halt, while Peshawar Zalmi will face Lahore Qalandars in Eliminator 2 tomorrow.

    Islamabad United were cruising towards the target comfortably thanks to half-centuries from Sohaib Maqsood (60 off 48, seven fours and two sixes) and Alex Hales (57 off 37, seven fours and two sixes), but Salman’s incredible use of variations - that saw him return an economical two for 18 from four overs – and Aamir’s (two for 36) near perfect reverse-swing derailed the run chase.

    The match turned on its head at the start of the 15th over. With 56 needed off 36 balls and nine wickets in hand, Aamir bowled Sohaib to bring an end to 115-run stand. Salman cleaned up Azam Khan (two off three) in the next over and Aamir bowled Hales with a picture-perfect yorker at the start of the 17th as Islamabad United were left stunned. The situation aggravated three balls later as Faheem Ashraf (five off two) was run out and Islamabad United lost four wickets for 14 runs.

    Islamabad United needed 30 off the last two overs and pinned hopes on the pair of Colin Munro and Shadab Khan, but when the former played on Salman’s deceptive cutter, that proved to be the final nail in the coffin. Aamir was left 24 to defend in the last over and he did so comfortably to hand his side a 12-run win.

    Babar Azam scored a sparkling 39-ball 64 – that included 10 fours after his side was inserted. This was his fifth half-century of the current edition. Babar has now amassed 480 runs at an average of 53.33 and a strike rate of 148.60.

    The Peshawar Zalmi captain stitched strong partnerships worth 60 off 28 balls with Saim Ayub (23 off 16), 36 off 24 balls with Haseebullah (15 off 11) and 41 off 26 with Mohammad Haris (34 off 17, three fours and two sixes) to set a platform for the middle-order batters to score big, but Islamabad United bowlers brought their side back in the match.

    Shadab Khan took two wickets, sending back Haseebullah and Babar, and gave away 40 runs, while Fazalhaq Farooqi, Faheem, Hasan Ali and Mohammad Wasim Jnr took a wicket each.

    The winner of the Eliminator 2 between Lahore Qalandars and Peshawar Zalmi will face Multan Sultans in the final on Saturday.

    Scores in brief:

    Peshawar Zalmi 183-8, 20 overs (Babar Azam 64, Mohammad Haris 34, Saim Ayub 23; Shadab Khan 2-40)

    Islamabad United 171-6, 20 overs (Sohaib Maqsood 60, Alex Hales 57, Shadab Khan 26 not out; Salman Irshad 2-18, Aamir Jamal 2-36)

    Player of the match – Aamir Jamal (Peshawar Zalmi)


    Click here to access........The PakPassion Gallery | PakPassion Articles | The Exclusive Interviews Section | History of PakPassion | The Talent Spotter Section

    To Follow Me on Twitter click here: @SajSadiqCricket

    To Follow Me on Youtube click here: SajSadiqCricket

  28. #348
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    6,421
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    credit goes to Babar Azam's captaincy
    Sammy effect was evident there.

  29. #349
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    25,728
    Mentioned
    1786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Sammy effect was evident there.
    to be fair sammy wanted wahab to bowl. babar ignored him


    "India can go to hell": Javed Miandad

  30. #350
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    6,189
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy wanted Wahab to be bowled more, especially the final over.

  31. #351
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    208,378
    Mentioned
    3061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Highlights of the Eliminator 1:


    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZACUV3BvifM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  32. #352
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    17,566
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    to be fair sammy wanted wahab to bowl. babar ignored him
    It's good that he ignored it.

  33. #353
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    12,798
    Mentioned
    1626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Unlikeable for anyone with an eye for talent. I wouldn't expect you to understand this because your standards are set by your hero, Misbah.
    For you, talent is people like Sharjeel, Umar Akmal, washed up Amir. You got no eye for talent.

  34. #354
    Debut
    Apr 2021
    Runs
    1,625
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    For you, talent is people like Sharjeel, Umar Akmal, washed up Amir. You got no eye for talent.
    Hahah sharjeel umer akmal and amir they all have I thing in common which is fixing. I think this poster may not have an eye for talent but sure does for fixing. On a side note this poster can’t post without mentioning misbah.

  35. #355
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,760
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    For you, talent is people like Sharjeel, Umar Akmal, washed up Amir. You got no eye for talent.
    Again as per usual making stuff up. When did I approve of Sharjeel and Umar Akmal?

    If I was you, I'd be the last person on this thread to call out anyone for their eye for talent. I remember very well when ISLU won the PSL in 2018, you claimed it was because of Misbah they had won the competition even though he had only made 3 appearances throughout the whole tournament. Believe me I haven't forgotten what a substandard poster you are.

    Misbah is the standard that you live by and you can't even deny it because everybody remembers how long you had his face as your display pic. That's your level of credibility as a poster. Stick to football, at least you make some sense on those threads.

  36. #356
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    12,798
    Mentioned
    1626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Again as per usual making stuff up. When did I approve of Sharjeel and Umar Akmal?

    If I was you, I'd be the last person on this thread to call out anyone for their eye for talent. I remember very well when ISLU won the PSL in 2018, you claimed it was because of Misbah they had won the competition even though he had only made 3 appearances throughout the whole tournament. Believe me I haven't forgotten what a substandard poster you are.

    Misbah is the standard that you live by and you can't even deny it because everybody remembers how long you had his face as your display pic. That's your level of credibility as a poster. Stick to football, at least you make some sense on those threads.
    I am honoured that you still remember my posts from 5 years back. I feel special. :

    I have moved on from Misbah time ago, but it seems that he still lives rent free in your head.

    Enjoy Arsenal's capitulation

  37. #357
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,760
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    I am honoured that you still remember my posts from 5 years back. I feel special. :

    I have moved on from Misbah time ago, but it seems that he still lives rent free in your head.

    Enjoy Arsenal's capitulation
    You need to move on from Misbah. Those aren't the right standards to live by. I'm telling you, you can do better.

  38. #358
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,760
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    For you, talent is people like Sharjeel, Umar Akmal, washed up Amir. You got no eye for talent.
    I do stand by this. If he can prove form and fitness then he could be an asset for the World Cup in India because he has a proven track record in ICC events. He's won Pakistan the WT20 and CT.

    I rate his bowling IQ and his ability to bowl at the death.

    My favourite player and bowler in the Pakistan side is Shaheen who is by far our best player but he's got one notable weakeness with the white ball in hand, bowling at the death.

    I would like to see Shaheen, Nassem Shah/Amir and Ihsanuallah form our 3 pace attack during the WC in India later this year.
    Last edited by topspin; 17th March 2023 at 03:51.

  39. #359
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    9,946
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I've been critical of SSA with what might be a case of fame getting to his head after promoting himself up to the middle order. However, I really do think you got an agenda against him. You've never said a good word about him.

    I don't agree with everything he does but SSA is Pakistan's best player whether you like it or not.
    Lol so you are basically saying the same thing that I didÖ

    Anyway my criticism of him stems from the fact that he becomes ineffective after the first few overs and is a mental midget. Still prefer Amir over him because, despite his attitude, he has a knack for the big games and can swing it both ways with the new ball and has better control with the old ball

  40. #360
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,025
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Lol so you are basically saying the same thing that I didÖ

    Anyway my criticism of him stems from the fact that he becomes ineffective after the first few overs and is a mental midget. Still prefer Amir over him because, despite his attitude, he has a knack for the big games and can swing it both ways with the new ball and has better control with the old ball
    Lol Shaheen even at 19 performed better than the fixer at the WC of 2019

  41. #361
    Debut
    Mar 2022
    Venue
    London UK
    Runs
    548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IU doesnít have a batsman who can steady the innings.You need one good batsman who can help rebuild when two or three wickets fall.You canít go big every ball on bigger grounds.

  42. #362
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    9,760
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    Lol so you are basically saying the same thing that I did…

    Anyway my criticism of him stems from the fact that he becomes ineffective after the first few overs and is a mental midget. Still prefer Amir over him because, despite his attitude, he has a knack for the big games and can swing it both ways with the new ball and has better control with the old ball
    No we're not saying the same things.

    You don't rate him at all whereas I know he's Pakistan's best player.

    Shaheen does need to improve his bowling at the death with the white ball.

    In red ball cricket however, don't take too much notice of the reverse swing era (Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis). If Shaheen was playing during those days he would be equally (if not more) devastating with the older ball because back then it was easy to tamper the ball and get away with it.

    In terms of new ball bowling, Shaheen is already ahead of Wasim and Waqar. The latter was the biggest beneficiary of ball tampering and more of a "mental midget" if you look at his tests played in Australia and India, who were the two best batting line-ups in the 90s. He was a serial bottler against these sides whenever he faced them in the World Cup. Choked twice against India (96 WC and 03 WC) and totally lost the plot against Australia in the 2003 World Cup.

    If Amir can prove fitness and form, I agree that we need him in India for the World Cup later this year because he has the bowling IQ and has the mentality to perform when the stakes are high, as evident by his track record in ICC events.

    My biggest concern with Amir at this moment in time however is does he any motivation to play in the ODI WC? His fitness in the PSL suggests to me he doesn't.
    Last edited by topspin; 17th March 2023 at 18:42.

  43. #363
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    1,851
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    No we're not saying the same things.

    You don't rate him at all whereas I know he's Pakistan's best player.

    Shaheen does need to improve his bowling at the death with the white ball.

    In red ball cricket however, don't take too much notice of the reverse swing era (Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis). If Shaheen was playing during those days he would be equally (if not more) devastating with the older ball because back then it was easy to tamper the ball and get away with it.

    In terms of new ball bowling, Shaheen is already ahead of Wasim and Waqar. The latter was the biggest beneficiary of ball tampering and more of a "mental midget" if you look at his tests played in Australia and India, who were the two best batting line-ups in the 90s. He was a serial bottler against these sides whenever he faced them in the World Cup. Choked twice against India (96 WC and 03 WC) and totally lost the plot against Australia in the 2003 World Cup.

    If Amir can prove fitness and form, I agree that we need him in India for the World Cup later this year because he has the bowling IQ and has the mentality to perform when the stakes are high, as evident by his track record in ICC events.

    My biggest concern with Amir at this moment in time however is does he any motivation to play in the ODI WC? His fitness in the PSL suggests to me he doesn't.
    Amir bowls a but wide of the crease so I think he gets less swing than Shaheen. He also seems a bit defensive, likes to keep it tight is more calculated than Shaheen, reverts to back of the length bowling quite early. He is a way better death bowler than Shaheen, better cutters and good wide yorkers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •