Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Legend that was Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan...

Another Great Khan to honour us with his talents was the greatest exponent of the art of Qawwali, The Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Sadly he died in what I would say was the prime of his career, but his music lives on.

In the early 1990s I listened to him the first time and the Qawwali was Allah Hoo and life was never the same again - I was addicted to his very special brand of music.

Later in 1997 ( I think ), I had the honour and privilege to see this man perform live in Toronto - it was an experience I will cherish forever.

An interesting bit of folklore doing the round in Toronto at that time was as follows:

"During one of his concerts, a man overcome by the power of his music, accidentally slipped and fell on the stage from one of the stands! NFK stopped singing and waited until people were able to pick him up. Once it was clear that all was Ok, he started singing again. The man, now placed on a stretcher, started to move with the rythm once again !!"

Amazing NFK and thanks for providing this and many generations after us, the gift of your voice - truly a gift from Allah!

So Ustad in your own words ...

"Sanu Ek Pal Chain Na Aawe, Sajna Tere Bina’’

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Sep 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great singer indeed, hope he rests in peace. I have to admit, I'm not too keen on qawali but love some of his songs especally Dam Mast Kalender.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona
    A great singer indeed, hope he rests in peace. I have to admit, I'm not too keen on qawali but love some of his songs especally Dam Mast Kalender.
    There you go - you call it a song - I will call it Qawwali ! ( unless you are referring to some remix )

Debut
    Sep 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Song, qawali - same thing..both are part of music.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    U.K. Cardiff
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love NFAK qawali hes got a great voice i could sit there listening 2 him all day.

his remixs are good no wer near his qawali

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    U.K. Cardiff
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some of my favs tumhedilagi, Allah Hoo, heeray mein jogi, yeh jo halka halka saroor hai, and many more

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mera Ustad!

He is buried in the same cemetary as my grandfather in Faisalabad (which was his hometown).

A legend. Proud to own a dozen or so of his CD's.

The Live Qawaali...nothing beats it. The modern day collaborations were good as it showed how many differnt genres he had 'infiltrated'.

Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Do I?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved his works!!!

Some very very memorable songs though I think he passed away at the rt moment, he probably would have gone downhill from there, considering the last 1 or 2 albums, i feel

though when it comes to qawwali, id still go with aziz mian

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont like Aziz Mians voice - its kinda , the urdu phrase is "phat gayee hai "

NFK had a very strong voice and the fact is whatever he sung - that voice was distinctive enough by itself to make the lyrics irrelevant !

Debut
    Dec 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the guy was pure class, still tunes are still flowing in bollywood, my av tune of his is afreen afreen

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Do I?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I dont like Aziz Mians voice - its kinda , the urdu phrase is "phat gayee hai "

while that is a fair pt migsy but he nonetheless, i think, sang marvellously, he had a good pitch and carried the song brilliantly throughout without letting the excitement of song die out

Debut
    Dec 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doese anyone like attah ullah khan? i think he was very goos some of his remix are really nice aswell

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with his qawwali (Allah hoo is certainly one of those that stand out), local songs (he had songs as well migtator!) he also did some work with western musicians which is also good stuff.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    songs !! Eeekk - I was listening to one on a local radio station about Dulha Dulhan - the lyrics were really bad ( typical Indian movie stuff ) but his voice was so brilliant that it just shines through everything

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Nusret was good with an excellent command over the notes, one of the few peopel I have heard that had control from end of the spectrum to the other howwever Aziz Mian rocks!! and is my most fav. I felt Nusret should'nt have gone too commercial with doing tracks for Indian films etc..and he started coming out with innane songs in the end.

Atta Ullah did some good stuff early in his career but petered out..besdies he only sang good when he had had a few ;)

So in the Libyan fable it is told that once an eagle, stricken with a dart,said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,"With our own feathers, not by others’ hands, are we now smitten."

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did some forgettable stuff for Pak movies towards the end.

But Ill let him off for that!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Anfield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did u know that after he died his wife had a dream she saw him but she saw his tongue moving around his face this was because allah had punished because he sang songs for bollywood and indian films thats what he told his wife in her dream and then she told people in birmingham not to buy any of his cds or cassetes because they are wrong
    i heard this story about 4 years ago

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...must be true if you heard it.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Anfield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should be true i don't want people saying that i'm making rumors just ask people who live in birmingham

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana Banana
    did u know that after he died his wife had a dream she saw him but she saw his tongue moving around his face this was because allah had punished because he sang songs for bollywood and indian films thats what he told his wife in her dream and then she told people in birmingham not to buy any of his cds or cassetes because they are wrong
    Sounds and feels awful - Rana Banana Bhai - pls dont post stuff like this unless you have a sure source - Music to some is Haram - period - why should singing for Bollywood actresses make it extra bad ?

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that was a report in the famous urdu press (I heard a somewhat different version) . Rubbish yes but it sells..

He did have some good Pak songs...Wohi Khuda hay, Is duniya kay ghum (one of my favorites) etc

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    should be true i don't want people saying that i'm making rumors just ask people who live in birmingham
    This Birmingham seems to be a happening place - lots of little stories come out from there.....

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Tauba from one of his lat albums and that was the only good qawalli/song on the entire album but it was very good. I have even heard must calunder in nightclubs the one remixed by massive attack but if Peter Gabriel works witha guy whose language and words he cannot understand then it's fair to assume the guy is something special indeed.

So in the Libyan fable it is told that once an eagle, stricken with a dart,said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,"With our own feathers, not by others’ hands, are we now smitten."

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam Mast Kalender=ab bas kar bandar

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he had a few decent Qawwali

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favourite album of his was "night songs".

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    U.K. Cardiff
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his nephew is very good aswell

oh yeah i forget earlier sanson ki mala is my fav song of nfak

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New York, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about his wifes dream , even i read it , back in the day when i was in pakistan , it came in jung , and she appealed to his music lovers , that refrain from listening to his music,
    i dont kno however how true this was . hope he rests in peace though , ameen

mian aaj yoon hasrat nikali jai gi
    ker kay tauba tore daali jai gi
    or waizon peenay key hami towe bhero
    hoz-e-kausar say nikali jai gi
    meh kay lay janay ko bottal chayeh
    perday hy may perday wali jai gi
    hath tak, hath tak mufti o kazi laganay na deya
    aye sharab tu towe bari sahib-e-ismat nikli

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the persons I've hated the most in my life.

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entralinks
    One of the persons I've hated the most in my life.
    Who Nusrat? Why?

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he actually made his debut well before he was recognized as a heavy weight in this field .

tht happened when he got better sponsors + better coverage and recording facilities
    not to forget his break through emcomium

"Dam a Dam MAst Qalandar "

Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a true Pakistani legend.

I love Qawalli and Nustrat Fateh Ali was simply breath taking. I have a couple of his CDs and I've played them to a couple of my white university housemates and they were impressed by the power of his music.

Don't understand the fundos who have to start spreading rumours about him (not aiming this at the people who posted above, but the people who started this) and I certainly wouldn't trust the Jang newspaper as a particularly reliable source given that it is 'The Sun' of Pakistan minus the page 3.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    U.K. Cardiff
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think im the only 18 yr old in uk who like nfak

Debut
    Nov 2004
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.matteela.com/nusrat/

don't know if the movie clip still works though.

what control khan sahab possessed.

"To remain silent is to be an accomplice. To speak out is to be an infidel." - Sachal Sarmast

Debut
    Dec 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nfak is still a legend

Debut
    Sep 2004
    Venue
    Pakistan/Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waquas_uk
    i think im the only 18 yr old in uk who like nfak
    u ve got company here ;)+

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    an absolutely awesome singer whom I had the pleasure of meeting and watching sing live a couple of times.

No long journey in my car is ever completed without a couple of Nusrats qawallis.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wa salos on teh soundtrack to Natural born killers I think.

Entra why you hate him?

Debut
    Feb 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think im da only y10 who Loves nfak

the best ever ! top voice- gr8 songs - my fave is akhiyan udeek diyan and kina sona tenu rub ne bania

Majid Jehangir Khan - classiest Pakistani cricketer both on and off the field.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Do I?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and on soundtrack of dead man walking

his night songs with michael something were brilliant I thought

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MecnunK
    He wa salos on teh soundtrack to Natural born killers I think.
    Yes he was. 'Taboo' with Peter Gabriel is quite amazing. He worked with Eddie Vedder as well.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Do I?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    though veder did better than him (though music was nfa's i think) in the sond 'a long road' brilliant song

Debut
    Feb 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInGreen
    Sounds and feels awful - Rana Banana Bhai - pls dont post stuff like this unless you have a sure source - Music to some is Haram - period - why should singing for Bollywood actresses make it extra bad ?
    I heard this story aswell but I think its complete bullcrap.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    muhammad ali the boxer was also a fan of his,

I had the chance to meet the great man a few years before his death. My cousin's husband promoted some of his concerts at the Barbican, in London. Derek Pringle was a fan. I think he was introduced to it by Salim Malik.

Anyway I've had the pleasure to spend some time with a number of high profile Pakistanis- Javed, Imran, Jahanghir, Jansher, Salim Malik, Wasim, Waqar, Aamir Sohail, Younis Ahmed, Saeed Ahmed.

Of the lot NFK had the most charisma. Both him and Jahanghir were the most humble. I especially enjoyed his collaboration with Javed Akhter (Afreen) in his latter years, however nothing can beat his earlier qwwali repertoire. It was always my wish to have him play at my wedding even if it was for only 5mins. Allah (swt) had other ideas.
    "Sanu Ek Pal Chain Na Aawe, Sajna Tere Bina’’ indeed.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like qawalis is one reason. Second its like making fun of Islam. Also the way of singing them is just aweful, 9 people are shouting at one time maybe trying to say to one another 'Stop shouting!'. There is no organisation. In islamic qawalis they do at times go overboard when praising a sahabi or nabi, just like poetry. And the badest part is people think listening to qawalis is Islamically good.

Now I know you all will jump on me, so let me say my last good bye first.

F*** off everyone!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok everyone JUMP on ENTRA...... \BF/

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    wales
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Anjum
    I heard this story aswell but I think its complete bullcrap.
    i heard it differently i was in faisalabad when he passed away i didnt go to his janazah but ,what i heard was that after a while they decided to move his b body to lahore and when they dug up the grave they saw his toungue wrapped arounnd him and fire coming out so they just closed it again ,and ulama said that is the azab for singing and music ,ONLY ALLAH KNOWS F ITS TRUE but i haerd it from many people

'' if this kid was in America he could have made millions playing base ball '' BOYCOTT in 98 talkin about shahid afridi during hs 108 against india

Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakdesi- that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Apt#0-3 Lane 39-6 341Victorius Plaza
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MIG bahi u live in TO where ?

«bad[ж]³hah» "0-3 ..39-6 to 341 runs victory.Mother of All Comebacks..«bad[ж]³hah»

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    wales
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALLAH KNOWS IF ITS TRUE AS I HAVNT SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYEZ BUT I have HERAD IT FROM PPL

'' if this kid was in America he could have made millions playing base ball '' BOYCOTT in 98 talkin about shahid afridi during hs 108 against india

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakdesi
    ALLAH KNOWS IF ITS TRUE AS I HAVNT SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYEZ BUT I have HERAD IT FROM PPL
    Bhai PAKDESI, people exaggerate as well !

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakdesi
    Bhai PAKDESI, people exaggerate as well !
    Not Pakistanis tho

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Glasgow,Scotland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan had a wonderful voice but i found many of the lyrics in his Qawwali's to be sheer blasphemy for he often used non-Islamic words probably in order to be more acceptable to the Hindu's and Sikh's hoping it'll give him entrance to Bollywood.However i've never heard about his grave being dug-up by some Mullah who is then greeted with fire and his tongue wrapped around him for surely digging up a grave is a major sin in the first place.My favourite Qawwals were the Sabri Brothers because there Qawwali's were more meaningful and deeper then Nusrat's and they also had more knowledge of Arabic and Farsi unlike Nusrat who prided himself on the Hindu rag!

Debut
    Feb 2002
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic artist and amazing singer. I don't think I'll ever tire of listening to his Qawwalies. To the chap above me, I disagree with the 'hindu rag' comment. Many muslims have mastered what you refer to as the 'hindu' rag (Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali, Ustad Ghulam Mustafa, Ustad Amanat Ali etc), and secondly I'm not sure how Hindu it is. Most of these raags were invented by Hazrat Amir Khusro, a Muslim. Furthermore, during Nusrats major years of activity, the Bollywood music had declined to such an extent (and still is declining) that I do not think that there are many Indian film goers who would appreciate raag.

Majid Jehangir Khan - classiest Pakistani cricketer both on and off the field.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    Liverpool.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he was amazing and I love his voice.
    I don't understand the language but i did get someone to translate for me and found the words very moving.

"La vida no se mide por el número de respiraciones que tomamos sino por los momentos que nos dejan sin respiración"

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When ever I'm in stress or not feeling well I always listen to his qawalis and I cant tell you in words how much relax I feel after lisening to his music....I have so many of his songs in my iPod and I never get tired of them. What a musician he was

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Planet Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masha'Allah!!

His voice is mystical, its magical! What an artist.

Can't stop listening his Qawwalis!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Today is his death anniversary

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest ever.His voice was ethereal.

I still listen to his songs.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Lala Land- The Prime Minister.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will never be another NFAK or anyone even close to his level.

Amazing!!!

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The power of his voice remains unmatched!

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best ever. No one like him.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably would have been more famous than Michael Jackson if his medium was English. To me, he's the best singer the world would ever see..

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are many renditions of his songs but none can match his brilliance.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember one time going to speak with a VP of the company I used to work at. He was an Indian who moved to the US in the 80s and moved up the ranks eventually leading a deparment of 1,300 employees. During the meeting we had some small talk and I was surprised to learn how big of a NFAIK he was and pretty much kept talking about his favorite songs.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best ever!

Aqal mai jo ghir gaya la intahaa kyun hua
    jo samajh mai aa gaya phir wo Khuda kyun kr hua

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waquas_uk View Post
    his nephew is very good aswell

oh yeah i forget earlier sanson ki mala is my fav song of nfak
    Nusrat Fateh Sahab was unique .

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <3
    Name:  39980255_2158021474470699_5361336336190013440_n.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  119.3 KB

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above image from this sufi qawwali..

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40 percent of comments on NFAKs qawaliis are from Indians. Surprising as the Urdu in most qawaliis is not easy to understand most of the times. Nevertheless a pleasant surprise

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nfak singing bhajjan by Mira Bai.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aaj ke music ka kya class hain.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Aaj ke music ka kya class hain.

Listen this version too brother.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    40 percent of comments on NFAKs qawaliis are from Indians. Surprising as the Urdu in most qawaliis is not easy to understand most of the times. Nevertheless a pleasant surprise
    This was the last Bollywood song/appearance by NFAK. Movie was released on 15 Aug 1997, he died the next day. Probably got the heart attack after watching himself with that bozzo Bobbly Deol & other clowns (except Aishwarya though).

Quote Originally Posted by entralinks View Post
    I do not like qawalis is one reason. Second its like making fun of Islam. Also the way of singing them is just aweful, 9 people are shouting at one time maybe trying to say to one another 'Stop shouting!'. There is no organisation. In islamic qawalis they do at times go overboard when praising a sahabi or nabi, just like poetry. And the badest part is people think listening to qawalis is Islamically good.
    It seems except for Quranic recitations, music & musical instruments are haram.

https://islamqa.info/en/5000

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Best ever!