Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you do for a Living?

Voters
733. You may not vote on this poll
  • Student

336 45.84%
  • Unemployed

28 3.82%
  • Work in Finance

58 7.91%
  • Medical profession

30 4.09%
  • Work in IT

122 16.64%
  • Work in Engineering

43 5.87%
  • Work in Architecture

2 0.27%
  • Work in Journalism

2 0.27%
  • Office Work

20 2.73%
  • Work in the Travel Industry

4 0.55%
  • Legal Profession

13 1.77%
  • Voluntary Work

2 0.27%
  • Work in Education

8 1.09%
  • Other

65 8.87%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Student.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Student.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    Jeddah - KSA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT work but in office.

Thanks & Regards

Mirza Yasir Imran

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib
    studying at uni and running a side business,

What kinna biz ........

The color of blood in my veins is green,I am a proud Pakistani.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor IT worker...under paid, over worked with no over time in sight cause I am labelled an 'Exempt' worker; is exempt ki to aisi ki taisi

Even weekends are not safe from work

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Lords, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part time caseworker for a Law firm....im also a student. I dont get paid tho.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Venue
    Atlanta, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a Moving company.

Lara is the best batsman and no one is near him.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    My Room
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hasan316
    I run a Moving company.
    And you also run the official Brian Lara worship club!

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hasbeen
    currently iv done 4yrs at medical school in birmingham. however i took a year out and im thinking about quitting altogether. i did it for my parents and i cant stand medicine to an extent i think about how much i hate it 24 7. im thinking very hard about what step to take next. ie do the one year or quit etc..

what advice would you guys give??

Why would you wnat to quit, when you have so many fit girls in your madical school. I always wished I had access to medical school, although I sneaked in couple of times with some guys I know.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Venue
    Atlanta, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easa
    And you also run the official Brian Lara worship club!

heheheheheheh I forgot about that yaar.

Lara is the best batsman and no one is near him.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no change yet. I am still working. I need to find a career

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filosofee
    Concerned with the cognitive aspect to robot building (mind, intelligence, consciousness and all that)

Did you specialize in robotic's after engineering ? cos I remember having a subject on robotics in engineering .............very interesting subject!

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am about to go into my 2nd year of my Accounting and Finance degree

British by paper, Pak by nature!

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    My Room
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to go to MIT and become an aerospace engineer. Yes, I know, I have lofty goals and expectations which I expect to meet. Wish me luck.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easa
    I want to go to MIT and become an aerospace engineer. Yes, I know, I have lofty goals and expectations which I expect to meet. Wish me luck.
    Good luck .

I too have lofty goals, but that's just me, I'm planning to become an software architect.
    Last edited by Playa; 11th July 2007 at 08:47.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of yesterday, a VP for a boutique investment bank that focuses on private structured asset finance in the aviation sector.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alybaba
    As of yesterday, a VP for a boutique investment bank that focuses on private structured asset finance in the aviation sector.
    very impressive, alybaba. from your choice of words, I gather that you just got promoted to the VP position. if I'm correct in my assumptions, then congrats.

if you don't mind, could you please post a little bit more about your background (academic and professional)?

I'm very interested in a finance career - particularly in asset management/investment research. I'm going to apply for my MBA this year and (hopefully) start next year. my background is a bachelors in computer engineering. and currently, I'm working in a software developerish capacity with equity traders.

so, if you could give me your thoughts/advice on the best way of making the transition from my current position to a finance position, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Master of Philosophy

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Princeton, Atlanta, Bawarchi Palace
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dream is to run a HUGE company. Yep, huge aspriations. But I would do anything to do that.

But most likely will go into Business and Financing, inshallah. Sales and Marketing is also an option for me.

Wanted to go into law, but thats old news...

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am so lazy....i think i will never graduate....i am definitely going for bachelors in 5 years...i love the college life...

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well in USA 5 year Bachelor degree is getting common. I knew people who were on 6 year plan

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I import and distribute agricultural commodities into Karachi. It is, after all, the only port in the country!

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am in the middle of my PhD in Optics and no, I am not training to be an optometrist, its more to do with lasers and stuff.

Debut
    Jul 2007
    Venue
    down under
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    studying......engineering .... full time, on PP part time!
    Last edited by aussie-pak; 8th August 2007 at 12:09.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Playa
    Good luck .

I too have lofty goals, but that's just me, I'm planning to become an software architect.
    Same here man. Are yuou in birmingham uni ?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqlain_doosra
    Same here man. Are yuou in birmingham uni ?
    I'v still got a year left untill I go to university, I might be going to the university of Birmingham.
    Last edited by Rickz; 7th October 2007 at 18:49.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    No teachers out here but several "ustaads" are here ;)
    Well we may have many ustaads, I am at present a IT Trainer at a college, teaching staff e-learning and basically how to 'on' and 'off' a computer. Will inshallah qualify to become a teacher for HE and have aspirations of running my own training company, see what happens.

Job is underpaid and would love to take it a few more notches sooner rather than later, this badboy deals with lippy tutors and in my own special lutonian way I deal with them and shut up those eeediats.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently iv done 4yrs at medical school in birmingham. however i took a year out and im thinking about quitting altogether. i did it for my parents and i cant stand medicine to an extent i think about how much i hate it 24 7. im thinking very hard about what step to take next. ie do the one year or quit etc..

Why dont you finish Med School and look for a career with PCB, who knows may become Chair of PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am like DNA but about 20-30 years younger than him, working in management but still do some cancer research. Believe my organization is totally clean (as far as i know) from corruption practices unlike PCB.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Venue
    Blackhole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellopak
    I am like DNA but about 20-30 years younger than him, working in management but still do some cancer research. Believe my organization is totally clean (as far as i know) from corruption practices unlike PCB.
    There is more to life than DNA and PCB you know.

Will the Federal Reserve Chairman continue with QE(n+1) or won’t she?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    since quite a few PPers are in IT, they may enjoy this;
    IT Designations...
    Project Manager is a Person who thinks nine Women can deliver a baby in One month.

Developer is a Person who thinks it will take 18 months to deliver a Baby.

Onsite Coordinator is one who thinks single Woman can deliver nine babies in one month.

Client is the one who doesn't know why he wants a baby.

Marketing Manager is a person who thinks he can deliver a baby even if no man and woman are available.

Resource Optimization Team thinks they don't Need a man or woman;They'll produce a child with zero resources.

Documentation Team thinks they don't care whether the child is delivered, they'll just document 9 months.

Quality Auditor is the person who is never happy with the PROCESS to produce a baby.And lastly...... ......... ..

Tester is a person who always tells his wife that this is not the Right baby.
    Kinds of women, according to the computer terminology:

INTERNET woman: Woman of difficult access.

SERVER woman: Always busy when you need her.

WINDOWS woman: Everyone knows that she can't do a thing right, but no one can live without her.

EXCEL woman: They say she can do a lot of things but you mostly use her for your four basic needs.

SCREENSAVER woman: She is not worth anything, but at least she is fun!

RAM woman: She forgets everything you say when you disconnect her.

HARD-DISK woman: She remembers everything, FOREVER.

MULTIMEDIA woman: She makes horrible things look beautiful.

USER woman: She messes up everything she does and she asks always more than she needs.

CD-ROM woman: She is always faster and faster.

E-MAIL woman: Every ten things she says, eight are nonsense.

VIRUS woman: Also known as "wife"; when you are not expecting her, she comes, installs herself and uses all your resources. If you try to uninstall her you will lose something, if you don't try to uninstall her you will lose everything.
    How to Please Your I.T. Department

01. When you call us to have your computer moved, be sure to leave it buried under half a ton of postcards, baby pictures, stuffed animals, dried flowers, bowling trophies and children's art. We don't have a life, and we find it deeply moving to catch a fleeting glimpse of yours.

02. Don't write anything down. Ever. We can play back the error messages from here.

03. When an I.T. person says he's coming right over, go for coffee. That way you won't be there when we need your password. It's nothing for us to remember 700 screen saver passwords.

04. When you call the help desk, state what you want, not what's keeping you from getting it. We don't need to know that you can't get into your mail because your computer won't power on at all.

05. When I.T. support sends you an E-Mail with high importance, delete it at once. We're just testing.

06. When an I.T. person is eating lunch at his desk, walk right in and spill your guts right out. We exist only to serve.

07. Send urgent email all in uppercase. The mail server picks it up and flags it as a rush delivery.

08. When the photocopier doesn't work, call computer support. There's electronics in it.

09. When something's wrong with your home PC, dump it on an I.T. person's chair with no name, no phone number and no description of the problem. We love a puzzle.

10. When an I.T. person tells you that computer screens don't have cartridges in them, argue. We love a good argument.

11. When an I.T. person tells you that he'll be there shortly, reply in a scathing tone of voice: "And just how many weeks do you mean by shortly?" That motivates us.

12. When the printer won't print, re-send the job at least 20 times. Print jobs frequently get sucked into black holes.

13. When the printer still won't print after 20 tries, send the job to all 68 printers in the company. One of them is bound to work.

14. Don't learn the proper term for anything technical. We know exactly what you mean by "My thingy blew up".

15. Don't use on-line help. On-line help is for wimps.
    ...sorry, if it is a repost or if you have seen I.T. before.
    Last edited by W63L35; 6th September 2007 at 18:55.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Connecticut,Usa ( born in pakistan,karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am studying to be a doctor.

Cricket is one of the greatest sports.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I enjoy every day of my life for my living. I know it sounds a bit weird but that´s how it is...........

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    medicine........

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've Slightly changed my choice of profession, I'm studying to become an economist.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Bat
    hasbeen you should look for a career change and go into the paper round business. i did it for one summer a couple of years back and it was the proudesnt moment of my life.

BRV I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR 4 YEARS. WHEN I STARTED I FOUND IT GREAT BUT NOW I FIND IT EMBARASSING ANYWAY I GET 150 A MONTH WITH COLLEGE PAYING ME £30 A WEEK AND £30 A MONTH FROM PAPERS NOT BAD FOR A SIXTEEN YR OLD.

I AM A STUDENT LEARNING ACCOUTANCY BORNG BUT HAVE TO PLZ PARENT SI AM ALSO IN BOXING PROFESSION AND HOPE TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL BOXER REMEMBER THE NAME MOHAMMED AJMAL
    Last edited by pakistanbest; 14th October 2007 at 15:02.

IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellopak
    Why dont you finish Med School and look for a career with PCB, who knows may become Chair of PCB.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz
    I've Slightly changed my choice of profession, I'm studying to become an economist.
    debt problems?

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hardest decisions are also the easiest.

Give it up. What seems like it is going to impact the rest of your life will be lighter than a feather a few years from now.

Take it from a old man- old by the standards of this forum at least. Do not do what you hate.

Do what your parents insist but what you hate, and you may well end up hating them, at least subliminally.

Give it up.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    BRV I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR 4 YEARS. WHEN I STARTED I FOUND IT GREAT BUT NOW I FIND IT EMBARASSING ANYWAY I GET 150 A MONTH WITH COLLEGE PAYING ME £30 A WEEK AND £30 A MONTH FROM PAPERS NOT BAD FOR A SIXTEEN YR OLD.

I AM A STUDENT LEARNING ACCOUTANCY BORNG BUT HAVE TO PLZ PARENT SI AM ALSO IN BOXING PROFESSION AND HOPE TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL BOXER REMEMBER THE NAME MOHAMMED AJMAL
    I'll remember it.

Best of luck to everyone on the forums. Hope you all achieve your dreams.

(Make dua for me too!)

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Karachi - Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Project Manager for an international Financial Services Company and also dp consultancy and market analysis as a side business...

oh and before i came to the US i used to work as an RJ at a radio station and did voluntary work with different NGO's

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    north york , canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Student

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    working part time and studying plumbing full time

دل دل پاکستان، جاں جاں پاکستان

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    Ilford, in East London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Student At Leyton Sixth Form College in London (LSC) doing BTEC IT, but it's really boring!!!

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work in Haematology

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    England, slough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    student

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    so what do the 8 that voted other do for a living?

alexjohn_tcr, asifp, ataullah, BD-fan, hasan316, kayanni, suhaib, Waq

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    England , Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A level student , Most Of My Time Is Filled WIth Boxing Cricket And Wwe And Oh Yeh Work ;)

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm a Health and Safety Manager.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High School student.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    final year construction management (BSC)

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Project manager for a project called YouthBuild in London.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do Ishq for a living.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aashiqmizaaj
    I do Ishq for a living.
    Ishq se bara koi kaam kaise ho sakta hai?

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do Ishq for a living.
    Is that the new name for an old profession

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    headache = ishq

ps. Lots of students on this forum?? makes sense tho

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moumotta
    Is that the new name for an old profession
    If I was doing the old prpfession I would have said so. When people here aren't shying away from admitting they are students, accountants, IT professionals then what's the harm in admitting that?

headache = ishq

ps. Lots of students on this forum?? makes sense tho
    I'm old enough to be a professor. By the way if you do Ishq right then it's not a headache.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was doing the old prpfession I would have said so. When people here aren't shying away from admitting they are students, accountants, IT professionals then what's the harm in admitting that?
    Just kidding yaar.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moumotta
    Just kidding yaar.
    What? Kidding? What's that?

Of course I know you were kidding yaar. Afterall I'm a professional Aashiq.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psychotherapist

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Studying Pharmacy at University, but insha'allah will change to Civil or Mechanical Engineering. A much Better career option for me.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    studying civil(strutural) engineering. second yr student. im over it.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to all those people studying how do to keep on motivating yourself to study?! im sorta over this whole uni experience. im not sure if its me, or the course but i jsut want to finish uni or just take a whole semester off and just work. and then come back to uni.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live with my parents
    Im a student

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Student

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    thats the thing. iv wasted 4 yrs. my parents know i dont wana do it but its all about family pride. when i wanted to tke a gap yr, this is what my dad said to me:

" puter dont think after a year you can say abba iv got no heart left in medicine". so from that comment he knows i hate it.

im just thinking what to do next. if i do quit then i probably do another course, business related. the worst part is all the family members ie uncles etc.. call me dr saab
    Take a last bite and get a degree and then you can quit. Don't leave when you have worked hard so much for all these years. Along the road, you would be able to say your self you had all the guts to finish the degree but you did not practice unlike you would be reminded that you could not.

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now i am a student training to be a state registered medical lab officer. It's scary. Pretty soon i will be transfusing patients blood.

How does it feel people of sheffield having your lives in the grips of one lunatic somalian?

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Princeton, Atlanta, Bawarchi Palace
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a student but also work at my local sub shop for a little extra cash.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World_peace why do you say that ?? :S

I am thinking of Changing Courses... From Pharmacy to Civil Engineering...

Why do you not like it ?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by observer1

Why do you not like it ?
    lol, i dont no what it is. i dont think its the course. when i was in my first semester at uni i was fully into it, studying every weekend and occasionally every night. took it srsly. second semester i slacked off but still took it srsly just not as much as first semester. but this semester im just totally over it. going to uni now is like a chor. im not motivated to do anything. i rather work. its not that im socializing too much at uni because i jsut dont like going to uni! im over it. i lack motivation. i just fealt this pakistani conccpt of tertiary education is "overated". maybe coz of my parents i was expecting uni to be something soooooooooooo great.

sometimes i feel that im taking abit long to adjust to the uni environment. i still remember when i changed from primary school to high school it took me 2 years to settle in. i just got attached to primary school. missed it allot. same thing is happening now, whenever i meet up with my friends i always tell them that i mis high school. life was just easier. didn't have to worry about anything.. i felt freedom. i miss that freedom. im not getting that feeling while at uni.

i cant really speak to my dad coz, he will just go wacko. you know how pakistani parents are.

hey i love the course. its great. good job prospects (if your n Australia, probably anywhere on earth) but my mind really isn't focused on it any more. ive got a 6 month internship from December 08 till july 09 and i wish to use that time as a break off uni.

the only down side about the course is out of the 8 subjects i did in first year, 3 were a total waste of my time.
    Last edited by world_peace; 14th April 2008 at 12:50.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you had me worried over the course then, maybe knowing something i don't. !

Inha'allah bro, everything will work out for you. i know how it is bro, i came into uni at 5th Gear in Turbo Afridi Mode trying to kill all my work, now im changing courses

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many semesters have you completed? and why such a change...from pharmacy to engineering?! totally different fields!

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by observer1

Why do you not like it ?
    Tell me the reason for your hate on pharmacy, my friend. Share the wealth!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pharmacy is a great profession in the US .. at the age of 23 you can be making an excellent salary working in a community pharmacy.

And if ur good enough to land a corporate pharma job ... then u got it made .. corporate pharma jobs are the cushiest jobs in America ... pay and benefits are great .. and work and pressure is minimal (particularly if u have the letters MD after ur name )
    Last edited by 161; 22nd April 2008 at 10:16.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a student doin the course BSc Computer Games in University of Westminster, I also wrk part time in a Cineworld cinema

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COME ON Bangladesh We Are Behind You All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world_peace
    how many semesters have you completed? and why such a change...from pharmacy to engineering?! totally different fields!

Sorry for late reply, totally forgot about this Thread Bro..

Well.. i wanted to do Engineering First. But my parents insisted i do something in the "Medical Field" being as my Bro/sisters are in that field. (doctors/dentists).

I am almost finished in this Year, maybe 2 months left... lets just say i woke up and realized what this Course was...

It is NOT something i want to do for the rest of my life.

Engineering is something im good at, (Maths and Physics), and one of the few things i actually find interesting.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubel_18
    I am a student doin the course BSc Computer Games in University of Westminster, I also wrk part time in a Cineworld cinema
    That is interesting. Where is this place and do you work at the ticket checking aisle? You can be popular here

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full time Fast Bowler oh and Marketing Major on the side.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Vienna
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work part time at the United nations head office in vienna and also studying international management..

Debut
    Feb 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am niqamma