Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Thread: Car Insurance

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    2,895
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Car Insurance

    I don't have a car at the moment, and need to go somewhere tomorrow. A mate is lending me his car. Does anyone know if my insurance company will insure me on that car for one day, and what sort of cost i'm looking at?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    26,419
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gujar
    I don't have a car at the moment, and need to go somewhere tomorrow. A mate is lending me his car. Does anyone know if my insurance company will insure me on that car for one day, and what sort of cost i'm looking at?
    Do you live in USA?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    2,895
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, UK.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    26,419
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gujar
    No, UK.
    Sorry....can't help you then.
    In USA, if I lend you my car.....you (and my car) are covered under my insurance. It is the car that is insured in USA - not the person driving the car.
    Only problem is that if you get into accident driving my car and it is your fault, MY insurance rate will go up next year!

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    NJ, USA
    Runs
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35
    Sorry....can't help you then.
    In USA, if I lend you my car.....you (and my car) are covered under my insurance. It is the car that is insured in USA - not the person driving the car.
    Only problem is that if you get into accident driving my car and it is your fault, MY insurance rate will go up next year!
    At least in NJ, this only applies to people not in your household. If your father or brother or mother drives the car and they are not insured on it then it is not covered.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    26,419
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMLXXXII
    At least in NJ, this only applies to people not in your household. If your father or brother or mother drives the car and they are not insured on it then it is not covered.
    Applies in most states......

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Runs
    1,696
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W63L35
    Sorry....can't help you then.
    In USA, if I lend you my car.....you (and my car) are covered under my insurance. It is the car that is insured in USA - not the person driving the car.
    Only problem is that if you get into accident driving my car and it is your fault, MY insurance rate will go up next year!
    At least in NJ, this only applies to people not in your household. If your father or brother or mother drives the car and they are not insured on it then it is not covered.
    Ditto...Both rules are applied in Canada too

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    4,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    depends what sort of car it is

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,405
    Mentioned
    1298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Have you checked with the owner of the car ? He may have any driver insurance meaning that you are covered under his policy and therefore you wont need to arrange your own insurance?



  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u are covered by fully comp then u can drive his under 3rd party cover.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •