Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    But still not selected even in LO squads.
    That's due to his poor SR. Looks like he has found a new gear these days.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Averages 50+ in Intl. ODIs.
    I really think Rayudu should have been backed more and given more chances. His talent is undeniable.

Sad that they promoted hacks like Jadhav in place of him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was terrible player back. He has been impressive this IPL. He seems to have improved his game now.

Dunno about a place in XI.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    india's Michael klinger . Age not on his side otherwise would have been decent middle order player for india.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    He was terrible player back. He has been impressive this IPL. He seems to have improved his game now.

Rayudu was never a terrible player, to be honest. His averages are pretty decent across the board.

He did mess his career up by going over to the ICL and falling out of favour. But he should have been given more chances.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post

Was brilliant for Mumbai Indians for couple of years.his ipl career has been good played some excellent knocks.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thing with Rayudu is he is an ugly batsman like Dhoni, Pujara, Karun Nair etc. If they are not consistent these players look like tail enders. Most Indian batsmen are touch players with flair.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dhoni also mentioned that small grounds suit Rayudu. On larger grounds he tends to lose shape. Clearly, he doesn't back Rayudu's power game.

Ironically, same is true for Dhoni as well. Doesn't have the power game for larger grounds of the world.
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 26th April 2018 at 00:54.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Rayudu in both ODI and Test. He was matching ABDV today. If someone could match ABDV’s innings, he must be in super good touch. Indian team should use his great form. I don’t want ugly crap overrated Manish in the team.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than the hack kidhar and Raina atm.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've seen him bat in that triseries (AUS, IND, ENG) before 2015 WC in AUS. He was absolutely clueless against pace. He scored a few runs in small grounds in ENG. That's about it. He's a bonafide htb and ftb and that too on small grounds on pitches that don't have pace or bounce.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    I've seen him bat in that triseries (AUS, IND, ENG) before 2015 WC in AUS. He was absolutely clueless against pace. He scored a few runs in small grounds in ENG. That's about it. He's a bonafide htb and ftb and that too on small grounds on pitches that don't have pace or bounce.
    He has never been this good. I myself never liked him in the past. He looked much better than any Indian batsman this season and as good as Abdv.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes back in the odi squad. At nearly 33 is he really the answer to Indias middle order problems? Sure hes had a good IPL but the quality of bowling in international cricket is completely different.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Hes back in the odi squad. At nearly 33 is he really the answer to Indias middle order problems? Sure hes had a good IPL but the quality of bowling in international cricket is completely different.
    This is what you call as going in rounds

Rahane
    Jadhav
    Rayudu

But good Rahul is back. Last chance for Jim before WC.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Rahul is back and Manish Pandey was dropped. I'd assume this is Rahul's last chance before the WC. This hack HTB Rayudu can score in certain conditions against average bowlers but Rahul is class.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    This is what you call as going in rounds

Rahane
    Jadhav
    Rayudu

But good Rahul is back. Last chance for Jim before WC.
    Rahane, Pandey were dropped and rightly so. Rahul and Iyer will take 4 and 5 spots. I hoped Raina would replace Jadav but he wasn't picked.

No.4 Rahul, No.5 Iyer, No.6 Dhoni No.7 Pandya and then the bowlers. Looks a very good unit.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @rhony may be kohli will select rayudu,no.4 and karthik,no.5

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Srtfan View Post
    @rhony may be kohli will select rayudu,no.4 and karthik,no.5
    Kohli wants fit players. Karthik is a possibility but Rayudu will not play

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane, Pandey were dropped and rightly so. Rahul and Iyer will take 4 and 5 spots. I hoped Raina would replace Jadav but he wasn't picked.

No.4 Rahul, No.5 Iyer, No.6 Dhoni No.7 Pandya and then the bowlers. Looks a very good unit.
    Pretty certain that Iyer and Dhoni will fail. Both of them struggled in SA series too and I don't read too much from the IPL where you feast on Indian pattas with short boundaries.Also Iyer is a pathetic fielder when the pressure is on.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli wants fit players. Karthik is a possibility but Rayudu will not play
    Karthik is a pretty good fielder in outfield.I have not seen Rayudu field much. We should not entertain bad fielders as our LOI batsmen as we have plenty in that in department.Wicket-taking bowlers like Chahal could be excused but not batsmen.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Karthik is a pretty good fielder in outfield.I have not seen Rayudu field much. We should not entertain bad fielders as our LOI batsmen as we have plenty in that in department.Wicket-taking bowlers like Chahal could be excused but not batsmen.
    Karthik can only play if Dhoni is not fit and he himself get retired before england series. Rayudu is in great form and just by looking at the way he batted, far better batsman than Karthik. As we have a dumb captain, he would obviously pick Karthik over Rayudu.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Karthik can only play if Dhoni is not fit and he himself get retired before england series. Rayudu is in great form and just by looking at the way he batted, far better batsman than Karthik. As we have a dumb captain, he would obviously pick Karthik over Rayudu.
    Karthik was brought into the team for batting at number 4 and he hasn't done anything wrong to be suddenly dropped. He wasn't brought in as Dhoni's backup. It is good that Rayudu is performing but he needs to wait his turn.

Dhawan
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Rohit
    Karthik
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Chahal
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah

The above will most likely be the starting X1.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Karthik was brought into the team for batting at number 4 and he hasn't done anything wrong to be suddenly dropped. He wasn't brought in as Dhoni's backup. It is good that Rayudu is performing but he needs to wait his turn.

Dhawan
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Rohit
    Karthik
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Chahal
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah

Why does he have to wait? Why this seniority thing here. If so, Manish is more senior then, as he was a regular and should not have been dropped ?

It’s clear, rayudu is in form of his life. If not this year, you can never use him.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post

Dhawan
    Rahul
    Kohli
    Rohit
    Karthik
    Dhoni
    Pandya
    Chahal
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah

Dropping Rohit to the middle order and opening with Rahul makes sense but the management wont do it - in odis apart from one match against Afghanistan when he batted at 3 Rohit has only batted as an opener for 5.5 years.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34102.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting;v iew=innings

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Very impressive today vs Afghanistan.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3-4 years ago I used to hate this guy, he was sooo slow, looks like things have changed a bit

"FATE RARELY CALLS UPON A MOMENT OF OUR CHOOSING" - Optimus Prime

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    In a development that is sure to catch everyone by surprise, India batsman Ambati Rayudu has announced retirement from the longer format of the game, including the Ranji Trophy. The 33-year-old batsman, who was part of Hyderabad’s Ranji Trophy squad, in a communication with the Hyderabad Cricket Association, informed them that he aims to focus more on ODIs and T20s.

“I will continue to play international and domestic matches of the shorter version. And, I take this opportunity to thank the BCCI, HCA, Baroda Cricket Association and also Vidarbha Cricket Association for giving me the opportunities over the years,” he said in the letter.

“It has always been an honour to play for Hyderabad and I can never forget the kind of support I got from all those here, including my fellow players, coaches and the officials. And especially, the way I was welcomed back into the BCCI fold after the stint in the rebel ICL.”

Rayudu never broke into the Indian Test team but possessed a strong First-Class record for Hyderabad, Andhra, Baroda and Vidarbha. In 97 matches, Rayudu has scored 6151 runs at an average of 45.56 with 16 centuries and 34 half-centuries including a career-best of 210 against Andhra.

Rayudu made his first-class debut for Hyderabad in January 2002, at the age of 16, during the 2001–02 Ranji Trophy. Rayudu appeared in all matches for Hyderabad in the 2002–03 Ranji Trophy and amassed a total of 698 runs at an average of 69.80 to finish third on the leading run-scorers list. During the tournament, playing only his third Ranji game, Rayudu scored 210 and 159 not out against Andhra in the same match. He became the youngest player in the history of Ranji Trophy to score a double century and a century in the same match.

Rayudu was with Hyderabad the first five seasons for his domestic career before switching to Andhra during the 2005-06 season. Having spent just one season there, the batsman returned to Hyderabad and played for them until 2010. The next six years, Rayudu played for Baroda and moved to Vidarbha for the 2016-17 season before again returning to Hyderabad last year. Having missed the first match of the ongoing season due to national duty, Rayudu was scheduled to join the team for Hyderabad’s next match against Tamil Nadu starting November 12.

A statement released by the HCA elaborated: “Hyderabad Captain and Member of India ODI team has decided to retire from longer version of the game including Ranji Trophy (multi-day) to focus on limited overs cricket and T20 cricket. He will continue to play international and domestic matches of shorter version. He has thanked BCCI, Hyderabad Cricket Association, Andhra Cricket Association, Baroda Cricket Association and Vidarbha Cricket.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...nd-t20s-761879

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not a very good decision IMO. A couple of int’l failures and he’s most likely to lose his place. IPL is there but franchisees have a history of moving on from such players quickly.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As relevant as Azhar Ali retirement

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    As relevant as Azhar Ali retirement
    Many test players retire from ODIs but continue playing Tests for long like Azhar has done.

This is the first time though that an Indian player has retired from FC cricket all together to focus on an ODI career. He is banking on Team management support till 2019 WC and beyond. Not a wise move.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Many test players retire from ODIs but continue playing Tests for long like Azhar has done.

This is the first time though that an Indian player has retired from FC cricket all together to focus on an ODI career. He is banking on Team management support till 2019 WC and beyond. Not a wise move.
    He should not be persisted either way after the WC. There's no point. I believe he will continue to play limited overs FC

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Not a very good decision IMO. A couple of int’l failures and he’s most likely to lose his place. IPL is there but franchisees have a history of moving on from such players quickly.
    If he continues to do well in domestic one dayers and t20s then he would continue to get picked by the IPL franchises
    Even someone like Yousuf Pathan gets picked even now who has nowhere been as good as Rayudu

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Will Ambati Rayudu get reported for suspect action?

Blatantly chucking with a Murali like action.

Question is whether he will actually get reported!

Atm extending from such a huge bend on delivery.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, I thought so too and asked this question in the match thread. I think he's chucking.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Javelin throwing by Rayudu

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude has bowled 20 overs for 3 wickets in his entire career.

Waste of time for everyone involved.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please ban him from bowling.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, please ban him.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ban him from the team.

Wasting a space instead of someone useful like Kedhar jadav

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report him. If possible, kick him out of the team.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban him and save us.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Newark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprising that with all the young batting talent India boast about, there is a 35 year old who has played very few games against decent oppositions and still has very poor strike rate is part of their playing XI.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Reported for suspect bowling action.

Hope this is the dnd of Rayudu in the Indian team.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India’s Rayudu reported for suspect bowling action

India’s Ambati Rayudu has been reported with a suspect bowling action during the first one-day international against Australia in Sydney on Saturday.

The match officials’ report, which was handed over to the India team management, cited concerns about the legality of the 33-year-old off-spinner’s bowling action.

Rayudu’s bowling action will now be scrutinised further under the ICC process relating to suspected illegal bowling actions reported in Tests, ODIs and T20Is.

He is required to undergo testing within 14 days, and, during this period, Rayudu is permitted to continue bowling in international cricket until the results of the testing are known.

Details of the ICC regulations for the review of bowlers reported with suspected illegal bowling actions can be found here.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/973757

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Hope this is the dnd of Rayudu in the Indian team.
    Unlikely. He was picked for his batting, not bowling. They'll probably bring Kedar Jadhav in place of Karthik for the part-time spin.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Please ban him from bowling.
    Thank you BCCICC.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope he gets banned and Prithvi Shaw is selected

(Ihope he has recovered)

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please ban him for playing international cricket ever .

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    I hope he gets banned and Prithvi Shaw is selected

(Ihope he has recovered)
    He has. But Mumbai had a rough season in Ranji this year and are out of the competition in group frigging stage. There are no other domestic comp to prove match fitness.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamNJ View Post
    Surprising that with all the young batting talent India boast about, there is a 35 year old who has played very few games against decent oppositions and still has very poor strike rate is part of their playing XI.
    He plays for CSK and they have a monopoly on national selection. You think selectors pick players on merit? Lol

Rayudu, Deepak Chahar etc. all played for CSK in last IPL and got selected for national team. Don't get surprised if Bhajji comes back for world cup.

CSK is one of the worst IPL franchises and should hv kept banned.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    He plays for CSK and they have a monopoly on national selection. You think selectors pick players on merit? Lol

Rayudu, Deepak Chahar etc. all played for CSK in last IPL and got selected for national team. Don't get surprised if Bhajji comes back for world cup.

CSK is one of the worst IPL franchises and should hv kept banned.
    Chahar selection was beyond mind boggling.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    India’s Rayudu reported for suspect bowling action

India’s Ambati Rayudu has been reported with a suspect bowling action during the first one-day international against Australia in Sydney on Saturday.

The match officials’ report, which was handed over to the India team management, cited concerns about the legality of the 33-year-old off-spinner’s bowling action.

Rayudu’s bowling action will now be scrutinised further under the ICC process relating to suspected illegal bowling actions reported in Tests, ODIs and T20Is.

He is required to undergo testing within 14 days, and, during this period, Rayudu is permitted to continue bowling in international cricket until the results of the testing are known.

Details of the ICC regulations for the review of bowlers reported with suspected illegal bowling actions can be found here.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/973757
    The International Cricket Council today announced that Ambati Rayudu has been suspended from bowling in international cricket.

The player elected not to submit to a test of his bowling action within the stipulated period of 14 days of being reported for a suspect action, and therefore he has been suspended with immediate effect in accordance with clause 4.2 of the ICC regulations, which can be found here. The suspension will remain in place until he is tested, and can demonstrate he is able to bowl with a legal action.

The 33-year-old India player was reported on 13 January for a suspect action during the first one-day international of their series against Australia in Sydney.

However, according to Article 11.5 of the Regulations and with the consent of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, Rayudu may be allowed to bowl in domestic cricket events played under the auspices of the BCCI.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/983406
    Last edited by MenInG; 28th January 2019 at 13:21.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he should be suspended from batting for ugly stance .

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ATG Indian middle order batsman averaging 50+ in International ODI cricket

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rayudu suspended from bowling in international cricket

The International Cricket Council today announced that Ambati Rayudu has been suspended from bowling in international cricket.
    The player elected not to submit to a test of his bowling action within the stipulated period of 14 days of being reported for a suspect action, and therefore he has been suspended with immediate effect in accordance with clause 4.2 of the ICC regulations. The suspension will remain in place until he is tested, and can demonstrate he is able to bowl with a legal action.

The 33-year-old India player was reported on 13 January for a suspect action during the first one-day international of their series against Australia in Sydney.

However, according to Article 11.5 of the Regulations and with the consent of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, Rayudu may be allowed to bowl in domestic cricket events played under the auspices of the BCCI.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read "batting".

.... And i was happy.

.... Then reality striked....

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I read "batting".

.... And i was happy.

.... Then reality striked....
    Ditto lol, I jus read suspended.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be a bit handicapped in world cup now. He had the potential to be a good all rounder.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are lots of Indian fans who would like Rayudu to be suspended for suspect batting action.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rayudu enjoys management confidence while fans have no confidence in him. I must say that I have never come across any similar example before.

I hope that Rayudu silences his critics at least once by playing a scintillating match winning knock in world cup, preferably against Pakistan or Bangladesh.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    We will be a bit handicapped in world cup now. He had the potential to be a good all rounder.
    Are you high? he handicaps the batting lineup being an inept one dimensional selfish slowpoke with just his bating, then there is his fielding that seems to be a nod to the 90's with a complete inability to run or dive or even take most catches. His inclusion is basically playing vs 13 with only 10 men for india, how on earth is he a good A/R.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latecut View Post
    Rayudu enjoys management confidence while fans have no confidence in him. I must say that I have never come across any similar example before.

I hope that Rayudu silences his critics at least once by playing a scintillating match winning knock in world cup, preferably against Pakistan or Bangladesh.
    Don't think he receives much confidence from management as much as from dhoni and the chief selector, the minute things get tough he is the first one out of the team, I hope Gill plays and scores a 100 or 2 and then aussies do us all a favor and end his world cup hopes for good.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow fans are asking to drop a guy who averages 50 in ODIs because of our serious bench strength.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Rayudu is the guy who will prevent collapse reaching lower order. We need to be ready for 15/3 kind of situation. Rayudu is probably the best person in the XI who can prevent 70/5. I have full trust in Rayudu. With Pandya coming at 6, I have no worries about strike rate. And let's now forget, last powerplay is after 40 overs. But we need someone to play from 20 to 49 players. We could have used Gill but don't think he has enough games under his belt. So, Rayudu is the best bet.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    I believe Rayudu is the guy who will prevent collapse reaching lower order. We need to be ready for 15/3 kind of situation. Rayudu is probably the best person in the XI who can prevent 70/5. I have full trust in Rayudu. With Pandya coming at 6, I have no worries about strike rate. And let's now forget, last powerplay is after 40 overs. But we need someone to play from 20 to 49 players. We could have used Gill but don't think he has enough games under his belt. So, Rayudu is the best bet.
    How many times has he done that?

The last time it was 4/2,it quickly became 4/3 with Rayudu the next man out

You gotta have technique to prevent a collapse.He's no Dravid

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    How many times has he done that?

The last time it was 4/2,it quickly became 4/3 with Rayudu the next man out

You gotta have technique to prevent a collapse.He's no Dravid
    there is a reason why his average is 50. He has batted either at 3, 4 or 5. So, unless you haven't formed a partnership, your average can't be 50 after playing 50 games.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    there is a reason why his average is 50. He has batted either at 3, 4 or 5. So, unless you haven't formed a partnership, your average can't be 50 after playing 50 games.
    The same old argument

Your point was about his skills to stabilise after early wickets.Show me how many times he's done it.

He averages 50 because normally he comes in at comfortable positions and scores at might SR of 79 ignoring what team needs.

Last game he came in at 170-2 after 30 overs and couldn't even score at 100 SR.Maintained his average though

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow fans are asking to drop a guy who averages 50 in ODIs because of our serious bench strength.
    Rayudu belongs to the Shoaib Malik school of padding stats. Doing just enough to keep your place with good looking stats. Ask any Indian fan if Rayudu did well in the last few ODIs and the response will be in the negative. But check this out, , Rayudu scored 341 runs in the last nine innings at an average of 56 and a strike-rate of 93. He was leaving balls in the 44th over in the last game

Look at Shaoib's innings in the game where Pak scored 317. 31(26) with a clint eastwoodesque squint eye while scoring run a ball at death. They are masters of deceit
    Last edited by rhony; 28th January 2019 at 20:53.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    The same old argument

Your point was about his skills to stabilise after early wickets.Show me how many times he's done it.

He averages 50 because normally he comes in at comfortable positions and scores at might SR of 79 ignoring what team needs.

Last game he came in at 170-2 after 30 overs and couldn't even score at 100 SR.Maintained his average though
    Look at the partnerships he has made between 2nd 3rd and 3rd and 4th wicket partnerships

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...;view=fow_list

Also couple with lower down order. I see 23 instances where he has 50+ runs of partnerships. That's half of the times he has played his innings. Also, we aren't even talking about how inconsistently, he was picked to be in playing xi. He hasn't given long haul, still he managed to retain 50+ average. His only problem is his SR. But I don't need high SR for batsman batting at number 4. I need that from number 5 and number 6.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Look at the partnerships he has made between 2nd 3rd and 3rd and 4th wicket partnerships

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...;view=fow_list

Also couple with lower down order. I see 23 instances where he has 50+ runs of partnerships. That's half of the times he has played his innings. Also, we aren't even talking about how inconsistently, he was picked to be in playing xi. He hasn't given long haul, still he managed to retain 50+ average. His only problem is his SR. But I don't need high SR for batsman batting at number 4. I need that from number 5 and number 6.
    He is Zimbabwe's nightmare. Don't think any other Indian in this lineup has played so many games against them.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only senseless cricket illiterates want Rayudu to be dropped. he can bat at any position at 1,2, 3, 4, 5,6 and still come out successful. at no 4. since June 2017 he scored 341 runs in nine innings at an average of 56 and a strike-rate of 93. during the same time he also played at no 3 in asia cup in kohlis place and scored runs there too. he also batted as an opener and scored runs. still indian nuts want him dropped.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib ODI average is 35 with SR of 81 and both are going down. Rayudu average is 50 with SR of 80 and going up.

No comparison between the two.

Its better to compare wRayudu with Babar with Av 52 and SR of 85.

Or with Kane Williamson with Av 46 and SR 83.

Both of these are superstars in own teams!

All Rayudu has to do is to play 1 more inning like the one today and his average will be 82-85.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudu belongs to the Shoaib Malik school of padding stats. Doing just enough to keep your place with good looking stats. Ask any Indian fan if Rayudu did well in the last few ODIs and the response will be in the negative. But check this out, , Rayudu scored 341 runs in the last nine innings at an average of 56 and a strike-rate of 93. He was leaving balls in the 44th over in the last game

Look at Shaoib's innings in the game where Pak scored 317. 31(26) with a clint eastwoodesque squint eye while scoring run a ball at death. They are masters of deceit
    I admit, he needs to work a lot hitting boundaries in last 10 overs, but he plays very well according to situation to his best abilities. And this issue is highlighted even more when MSD is also struggling to get that SR. With Hardik being back and MSD, Jadhav, and Rayudu all getting good touch before IPL, their SR will improve and they will be ready before WC.

What I like about Rayudu is that once he will be in form and consistent, you can be dependant on him scoring tough runs. I would still take Gill to WC, just as a surprise X-factor back up.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    San Ramon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funnily, PPers who complain about Indian middle order being brittle wants the strongest new find in that order to be dropped for some pimple-faced U-19er.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhawan View Post
    only senseless cricket illiterates want Rayudu to be dropped. he can bat at any position at 1,2, 3, 4, 5,6 and still come out successful. at no 4. since June 2017 he scored 341 runs in nine innings at an average of 56 and a strike-rate of 93. during the same time he also played at no 3 in asia cup in kohlis place and scored runs there too. he also batted as an opener and scored runs. still indian nuts want him dropped.
    Check this magic out

Low scoring chase against Pak in Asia cup.Not out
    Scores Runs against Hongkong
    Bottles the Asia cup final when chips are down. Out for a duck
    Feasts on some west Indian bowling at home
    Gets a duck in the Sydney game when India loses top order batsmen
    Scores a edge filled hackish runs in the 2nd ODI and is duly dropped for the third
    Hackish edgy innings in the first game vs NZ to complete the chase. Remains unbeaten with 50 SR.
    Scores 48 (49) in the 2nd game while batting first. Eventual score is 324. Leaves the balls in 43rd over to make his fifty.
    Scores some easy runs in a low scoring chase in the 3rd ODI. Remains unbeaten

That's how you get to 341 runs in 9 innings at 56 avg and 93 SR. Flop when u are needed, be mediocre when u score runs, remain not out in low scoring pressure free chases.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is Zimbabwe's nightmare. Don't think any other Indian in this lineup has played so many games against them.
    If I take out Zim. still in last 2 years he averages more than 50. Once he will get those IPL games under his belt, he will be super ready for WC.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this magic out

Low scoring chase against Pak in Asia cup.Not out
    Scores Runs against Hongkong
    Bottles the Asia cup final when chips are down. Out for a duck
    Feasts on some west Indian bowling at home
    Gets a duck in the Sydney game when India loses top order batsmen
    Scores a edge filled hackish runs in the 2nd ODI and is duly dropped for the third
    Hackish edgy innings in the first game vs NZ to complete the chase. Remains unbeaten with 50 SR.
    Scores 48 (49) in the 2nd game while batting first. Eventual score is 324. Leaves the balls in 43rd over to make his fifty.
    Scores some easy runs in a low scoring chase in the 3rd ODI. Remains unbeaten

That's how you get to 341 runs in 9 innings at 56 avg and 93 SR. Flop when u are needed, be mediocre when u score runs, remain not out in low scoring pressure free chases.
    If you nitpick like this, you will find a flaw in every batsmen. Look how inconstantly he was picked before last 2 series.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you nitpick like this, you will find a flaw in every batsmen. Look how inconstantly he was picked before last 2 series.
    It's not nitpicking. It's just match by match analysis. See how he bottles when the top order collapses? He makes his runs against subpar opposition or through selfishness or while chasing pressure free low chases.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not nitpicking. It's just match by match analysis. See how he bottles when the top order collapses? He makes his runs against subpar opposition or through selfishness or while chasing pressure free low chases.
    Flawed analysis. Rayudu is a capable batsman. Its always very difficult to deal with being a fringe player who's in and out of the team. He's a #3 batsman who has had to bat out of his comfort zone and that too on and off.

He's a terrible, absolutely terrible fielder though. Won't survive long unless he improves right away.