Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,359
    Mentioned
    1973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    Imran Khan on Fox News: Pakistan would give up nuclear weapons if India did as well


    .


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,359
    Mentioned
    1973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said Pakistan would be willing to give up its nuclear weapons if India was able to keep the same promise, during an interview on "Special Report with Bret Baier" Monday.

    "If India said we would give up our nuclear weapons, would Pakistan?" Baier asked.

    "Yes," Khan answered. "Because nuclear war is not an option. And between Pakistan and India, the idea of nuclear war is actually self-destruction, because we have two and a half thousand-mile border."

    "Also I think there's a realization in the subcontinent and there was some incident that happened last February and we again had tension at the border.

    "An Indian plane was shot down in Pakistan. So there's a realization and that's why I asked President Trump if he could play his role, the U.S. is the most powerful country in the world, the only country that could mediate between Pakistan and India and the only issue is Kashmir."

    Khan continued: "The only reason for 70 years, that we have not been able to live like civilized neighbors, is because of Kashmir."

    Baier mentioned India's response to Khan's press conference about being open to further negotiations and said they put out a statement, saying: "We've seen president's remarks to the press, that he's ready to mediate if requested by India and Pakistan on the Kazmir issue. No such request has been made by Prime Minister Modi to the U.S. president. It has been India's consistent position that all outstanding issues with the Pakistanis were discussed only bilaterally."

    Khan responded by calling on India to come to the negotiating table first and expressed optimism about America and stepping in to help broker a deal.

    "I really feel that India should come on the table. The U.S. could play a big part, President Trump certainly can play a big part. We're talking about 1.3 billion people on this Earth. Imagine the dividends of peace if somehow that issue could be resolved."

    https://www.foxnews.com/media/bret-b...special-report


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    2,721
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Imran Khan is open to exchanging Shakil Afridi for Aafia Siddiqui.


    BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,978
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    Looks like Imran Khan is open to exchanging Shakil Afridi for Aafia Siddiqui.
    FGS why people keep bringing in this terrorist Afia Siddiqui, she is not Pakistan's problem. Let her face the consequences of joining and marrying an Arab terrorist who caused more damage to Pakistan than any other country.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    1,246
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    FGS why people keep bringing in this terrorist Afia Siddiqui, she is not Pakistan's problem. Let her face the consequences of joining and marrying an Arab terrorist who caused more damage to Pakistan than any other country.
    Cos they don't beleive the narrative that's been put out there of how she was caught and what she was accused of doing.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    597
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving up nuclear weapons opens you up to invasion from the US. It also increases the chances of war between the two nations as MAD is eliminated.

    Neither Pak nor Ind will give them up.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    14,867
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msaaim89 View Post
    Giving up nuclear weapons opens you up to invasion from the US. It also increases the chances of war between the two nations as MAD is eliminated.

    Neither Pak nor Ind will give them up.
    It's just political talk, no one is giving up the Nuclear weapons.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,341
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    It's just political talk, no one is giving up the Nuclear weapons.
    It is.

    It is a smart narrative to be thrown out, "the only reason Pakistan has nuclear weapon is because India has it".

    After 27th feb miss-adventure by radicalized extremists hindu PM above narrative has more weight.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Er its also coz China.m is in the mix..

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    597
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Er its also coz China.m is in the mix..
    Can you elaborate?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,501
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    6:10 to 6:30 excellent shut up call from khan

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    5,491
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    6:10 to 6:30 excellent shut up call from khan
    Agree.

    Sensible reply.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msaaim89 View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    China the nuclear country is a threat as well..

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,341
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    China the nuclear country is a threat as well..
    LOL

    Who has been selling this narrative in India? must be millionaire by now.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,337
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fantastic interview, wish he did a few more of these.

    Ironic that he chose Fox News lol

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    LOL

    Who has been selling this narrative in India? must be millionaire by now.
    You think China isn't a threat to India?We lost a war to them..

    Nuclear countries hardly go to war it always ends up in stalemate situations..or proxy wars

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Fantastic interview, wish he did a few more of these.

    Ironic that he chose Fox News lol
    Fox news is changing, they even had Bernie on it few months ago..

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,341
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    You think China isn't a threat to India?We lost a war to them..

    Nuclear countries hardly go to war it always ends up in stalemate situations..or proxy wars
    Nuclear or no Nuclear, China isn't attacking India or any nation for that matter.

    And we all know that Indian aren't capable of attacking any nation.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,337
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Fox news is changing, they even had Bernie on it few months ago..
    Yeah, I remember watching that segment.

    It's all about the viewers/$$$

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    1,246
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fox news has slightly changed from it's almost extreme far right positions under Roger Ailes, they even hired the racist Mark Furrman (from the OJ trial) as a crime correspondent however it's still pretty far right.

    According to Trump it's alot more centered during the weekend, and he's not happy about it lol

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,552
    Mentioned
    1624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Speaks well doesn't he.

    Doesn't get flustered, very articulate and obviously very intelligent.



  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Fox news has slightly changed from it's almost extreme far right positions under Roger Ailes, they even hired the racist Mark Furrman (from the OJ trial) as a crime correspondent however it's still pretty far right.

    According to Trump it's alot more centered during the weekend, and he's not happy about it lol
    Fox as such sold out to Disney except news .. and they are making changes but the going for a conservative 90 Liberal 10 approach which is a great combination as said by poster above to keep massive ratings.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139° N, 77.2090° E
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India : will give nuclear weapons if China did as well.
    China : will give nuclear weapons if US did as well.
    US : will give nuclear weapons if Russia did as well.

    In the end nothing is going to happen.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,253
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't like the idea of us giving up the nukes. The only thing that neutralise India's numeric advantage over us are our nuclear weapons. Additionally, India is not the only threat to Pakistan's security in the region. We have a hostile Afghanistan on our north western border. We have an Iran that is desperate and in the midst of taking on US. Then we have US itself, an untrustworthy ally in the best of circumstances and a formidable enemy at worst. If history is any lesson, then we cannot rely on China's support in the matters of national security. It didn't save us in '71 and may not do so now.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,253
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But again it's a theoretical possibility that will never come to fruition.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    394
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    It is.

    It is a smart narrative to be thrown out, "the only reason Pakistan has nuclear weapon is because India has it".

    After 27th feb miss-adventure by radicalized extremists hindu PM above narrative has more weight.
    Radiclized hindu PM of A secular country? Pakistan is A islamic country and imran khan is secular PM? You see... Do you guys even think about your country. You want non muslims majority countries to be secular and ok with muslim majority countries with being islamic.

    The thing is india and slowly many other non muslim majority countries getting the trap and dnt care about opinions.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    394
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    Nuclear or no Nuclear, China isn't attacking India or any nation for that matter.

    And we all know that Indian aren't capable of attacking any nation.
    Why should india attack any Nation unless it's forced to? Indians since thousand years known for peaceful people.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,653
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan had no choice to aqquire nukes because India already had these.

    It's a disgusting weapon which is against all moral and religious principles but self defence of ones peoples is also a must.

    Forget climate change or a meteor hitting the earth, nukes will destroy the planet in the future.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Pakistan had no choice to aqquire nukes because India already had these.

    It's a disgusting weapon which is against all moral and religious principles but self defence of ones peoples is also a must.

    Forget climate change or a meteor hitting the earth, nukes will destroy the planet in the future.
    agreed

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan said Pakistan would be willing to give up its nuclear weapons if India was able to keep the same promise, during an interview on "Special Report with Bret Baier" Monday.

    "If India said we would give up our nuclear weapons, would Pakistan?" Baier asked.

    "Yes," Khan answered. "Because nuclear war is not an option. And between Pakistan and India, the idea of nuclear war is actually self-destruction, because we have two and a half thousand-mile border."

    "Also I think there's a realization in the subcontinent and there was some incident that happened last February and we again had tension at the border.

    "An Indian plane was shot down in Pakistan. So there's a realization and that's why I asked President Trump if he could play his role, the U.S. is the most powerful country in the world, the only country that could mediate between Pakistan and India and the only issue is Kashmir."

    Khan continued: "The only reason for 70 years, that we have not been able to live like civilized neighbors, is because of Kashmir."

    Baier mentioned India's response to Khan's press conference about being open to further negotiations and said they put out a statement, saying: "We've seen president's remarks to the press, that he's ready to mediate if requested by India and Pakistan on the Kazmir issue. No such request has been made by Prime Minister Modi to the U.S. president. It has been India's consistent position that all outstanding issues with the Pakistanis were discussed only bilaterally."

    Khan responded by calling on India to come to the negotiating table first and expressed optimism about America and stepping in to help broker a deal.

    "I really feel that India should come on the table. The U.S. could play a big part, President Trump certainly can play a big part. We're talking about 1.3 billion people on this Earth. Imagine the dividends of peace if somehow that issue could be resolved."

    https://www.foxnews.com/media/bret-b...special-report
    Stupid is as stupid does. Imran Khan is no different.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki malhotra View Post
    Radiclized hindu PM of A secular country? Pakistan is A islamic country and imran khan is secular PM? You see... Do you guys even think about your country. You want non muslims majority countries to be secular and ok with muslim majority countries with being islamic.

    The thing is india and slowly many other non muslim majority countries getting the trap and dnt care about opinions.
    If India is a secular country then why there was a mass murder committed against minorities in a state? and why the chief minister of that state at that time when the mass murder happened, go on and become prime minister of the country? never saw that happened in a secular country

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,198
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am against nukes and woukd prefer ALL countries to get rid of them.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,198
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    FGS why people keep bringing in this terrorist Afia Siddiqui, she is not Pakistan's problem. Let her face the consequences of joining and marrying an Arab terrorist who caused more damage to Pakistan than any other country.
    Why exactly do you get so riled up over this matter everytime?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    9,435
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India started the nuke race in the subcontinent. They have to be the ones who disarm first as well. After that we will see what happens.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,341
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki malhotra View Post
    Radiclized hindu PM of A secular country? Pakistan is A islamic country and imran khan is secular PM? You see... Do you guys even think about your country. You want non muslims majority countries to be secular and ok with muslim majority countries with being islamic.

    The thing is india and slowly many other non muslim majority countries getting the trap and dnt care about opinions.
    If you think what I posted is an opinion and you do not care then why angrily reply?

    A secular country can elect a radicalized extremists nationalists Hindu PM

    And

    Non-secular country can elect Imran Khan

    Funny how democracy work at times.

    Now please, do not come back with that ** Modi isn’t a radicalized extremists nationalists Hindu.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,168
    Mentioned
    1554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    If India is a secular country then why there was a mass murder committed against minorities in a state? and why the chief minister of that state at that time when the mass murder happened, go on and become prime minister of the country? never saw that happened in a secular country
    Do you know what secularism is? Any idea?

    Mass murder? Where? A riot is not a mass murder.

    There have been riots,ward and even civil wars in democratic and secular countries. Thst doesnot mean the leader cannot be re elected.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,814
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Er its also coz China.m is in the mix..
    Obviously the world's largest democracy should not give up nuclear weapons when the world's largest dictatorship which also happens to be its neighbor has nuclear weapons.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •