Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Living in the West - Halal Food

I always realize this whenever I visit London or more recently, the US - the blessing of living in Muslim countries where you feel hungry, you walk into the first resteraunt you like and have a good meal - whether its junk or non junk - the food is halal and you dont give it a second thought!

I wonder how people growing up or living in the West feel about this ? Does this bother them or they simply adjust their lives around this ?

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New York, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pata bhy nahi hilta baghair Uss key raza kay
    Pee ja tu chalakta howa jaam chara ker , na ho angoor key beti towe maza kuch bhy nahi

mian aaj yoon hasrat nikali jai gi
    ker kay tauba tore daali jai gi
    or waizon peenay key hami towe bhero
    hoz-e-kausar say nikali jai gi
    meh kay lay janay ko bottal chayeh
    perday hy may perday wali jai gi
    hath tak, hath tak mufti o kazi laganay na deya
    aye sharab tu towe bari sahib-e-ismat nikli

Debut
    Sep 2003
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite the west but still considered the western world but its really simple here. It is personal choice but no one really has any right to complain that it is difficult to still to halal food here. Nandos and a few other chains here are all halal plus there are a few McDonalds and KFC stores that are also halal. Plus theres so many Kebab and Pizza shops that are halal and there are certain areas where virtually all restaurants are halal so I can certainly eat pretty much anything that I want without any problems and still ensure it is halal

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Venue
    Blackhole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point of halal meat is basically to drain the blood properly.

Will the Federal Reserve Chairman continue with QE(n+1) or won’t she?

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use to be hard for me but now i have almost totally stopped eating meat even if its cooked at home.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetPakistan
    Use to be hard for me but now i have almost totally stopped eating meat even if its cooked at home.
    Incredible !

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Dharti par
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetPakistan
    Have you turned vegetarian now?

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khabri420
    Have you turned vegetarian now?
    90% vegetarian

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I suppose living in the US and following Sarah Palins example, you always have the option to go hunting....

Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite from the east, not coming from the west. In sa there are many hallaal eateries etc. Most supermarkets also stock hallaal now so i assume it would be quite easy. In fact i obtain my meat from a muslim butchery, not because of hallaal but the meat is so tender and juicy!!!

We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians - Madiba

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud
    Not quite the west but still considered the western world but its really simple here. It is personal choice but no one really has any right to complain that it is difficult to still to halal food here. Nandos and a few other chains here are all halal plus there are a few McDonalds and KFC stores that are also halal. Plus theres so many Kebab and Pizza shops that are halal and there are certain areas where virtually all restaurants are halal so I can certainly eat pretty much anything that I want without any problems and still ensure it is halal
    Mate, Lakemba/Auburn/Greenacre doesnt count as an Australian area. ^^ EVERYTHING is awesome there.

He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud
    Nandos and a few other chains here are all halal plus there are a few McDonalds and KFC stores that are also halal.
    Aaaah, Nandos, a wonderful south african company and does the best chicken EVER!!!

We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians - Madiba

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Man i just love chicken. Cant live without it. I have no issues staying away from Alcohol and Ham as clearly specified by religion. Most of my family is in the US, Canada and the UK. They obviously avoid Ham but used to have chicken freely wherever it was available. But a few years ago they learnt of the concept of Zabiya i.e. Islam asks you to sacrifice and kill an animal in accordance with the Islamic tradition i.e. from the neck and with the recitation of certain verses. Once this process is followed the meat is Zabiya and you are free to eat it.

However in the West the animals are obviously not sacrificed in the Islamic way. So thus my family even avoids eating chicken as well except when they can get it from a reliable Asian Shop. It was a pain having to go to all the big Fast food joints, resteraunts with family i.e. not beeing able to order anything other than fish, vegetables. I cant live like that, i lost weight during that time period and was glad when i went to visit liberal family members who didnt believe in Zabiya. Lol even better when i spent time with my friends in their various universities.

What is even funny is that i have heard that some Muslim families in the US when they go these fast food resteraunts like Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds dont even order non chicken items. The theory of these people is that "the knife they use to cut the bread, cheese is the same knife they use to cut the ham, non-zabiya chicken". I mean what the hell man, what do you guys actually eat. If you follow this belief you will end up refusing to eat majority of the food items available.

Hell no, i accept not having to eat ham or alcohol but cmon Zabiya is taking it too far.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak
    Hell no, i accept not having to eat ham or alcohol but cmon Zabiya is taking it too far.
    If halal chicken is 'taking it too far' - why stop at that and eat ham / drink alcohol?

Why would I want to eat meat (chicken) where the blood hasnt been drained away - i.e its all congealed inside the chicken and present in full in the meat?

No thanks....rather go without!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    If halal chicken is 'taking it too far' - why stop at that and eat ham / drink alcohol?

Why would I want to eat meat (chicken) where the blood hasnt been drained away - i.e its all congealed inside the chicken and present in full in the meat?

No thanks....rather go without!
    I didnt notice much of a difference in taste. But i cant go on days and days without meat.

Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt notice much of a difference in taste. But i cant go on days and days without meat.
    As I have said before i have tried both halaal and non halal. I cannot taste the difference BUT i am assuming it is more a religious belief than a taste difference?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Higher State of Consciousness
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local asda as opened up a halal counter where muslim butchers cut and size up different meats rather than the pre cut packaged meats you get in chiller as you get in other stores in muslim concentrated areas.

Pakistan Cricket Needs You!!!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh, the concept of halal foods is a non reality to the common freshie who comes over until they get told what halal and non halal is !

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The place where I buy meat from has a lot of non-Muslim customers, who go out of their way to avoid all the other butchers / supermarkets....

Must be a reason.

Glad I dont live in Birmingham and other places where the quality and authenticity of halal meat is highly dubious!

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG
    I always realize this whenever I visit London or more recently, the US - the blessing of living in Muslim countries where you feel hungry, you walk into the first resteraunt you like and have a good meal - whether its junk or non junk - the food is halal and you dont give it a second thought!

I wonder how people growing up or living in the West feel about this ? Does this bother them or they simply adjust their lives around this ?
    Are u sure i do not know about other Middle east countries but in the holy city of Makka & Madinah have chicken & some meat that is sold in most restuarants is from countries like brazil, holland where there is no strict observations of halal standards.
    Alhumdulilah there is organisation here in uk called HMC is doing great work to make sure the takeaways and buthers that are registered with them have 100% halal meat and chickens.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The place where I buy meat from has a lot of non-Muslim customers, who go out of their way to avoid all the other butchers / supermarkets....

Must be a reason.

Glad I dont live in Birmingham and other places where the quality and authenticity of halal meat is highly dubious!
    HMC say that B'ham is the dumping ground for all dubious meat and chicken but Alhumdulilah there are now few takeaways and buthers that are registered with HMC now.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must be a reason.

Totally agree with you. Birmingham is known junk yard for dumping cheap chicken(not only is it haram but also dirty chicken). I always wondered why the prices are so low around Birmingham. These day we buy meat approved by HMC. Not too much difference in price except for no don't get burgers for 50p and 2 piece chicken chips for 99p.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khan-92
    HMC say that B'ham is the dumping ground for all dubious meat and chicken but Alhumdulilah there are now few takeaways and buthers that are registered with HMC now.
    I have chip shop and meat shop next to my house serving HMC meat.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khan-92
    Are u sure i do not know about other Middle east countries but in the holy city of Makka & Madinah have chicken & some meat that is sold in most restuarants is from countries like brazil, holland where there is no strict observations of halal standards.
    Alhumdulilah there is organisation here in uk called HMC is doing great work to make sure the takeaways and buthers that are registered with them have 100% halal meat and chickens.
    Exactly, when i was in Saudi they told me that all the chicken is either imported from Brazil or Holland. I never had chicken there. I only eat HMC certified here.

Rudi is a useless umpire get rid off him plzzzzz.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The responsibility for insuring the Halalness of the food lies with the rulers of an Islamic country. If the Govt in these countries which is Muslim says its Hala - I accept it.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The responsibility for insuring the Halalness of the food lies with the rulers of an Islamic country. If the Govt in these countries which is Muslim says its Hala - I accept it.
    We get that alot here in UK but are they really telling the truth. At the end of the day you can close your eyes and hear and take their words knowing full well the stuff you are eating is not halal or you can be more selective in your eating habbit and eat halal.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also MIG when you go to a restuarant that sells alocohol and then say we only serve halal meat..would you take their words?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, eating halal is a religious duty not a medical hazard - I am ready to accept the word of the Govt of the day - personal choice.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi hater
    Also MIG when you go to a restuarant that sells alocohol and then say we only serve halal meat..would you take their words?
    Yes - not a problem. The meat in the country is halal. Thats all I am buying or eating.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - not a problem. The meat in the country is halal. Thats all I am buying or eating.
    Fair enough again its a matter of choice to investigate or just take their workds.

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that is the opinion of all the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah. The people on this forum would do well to pay heed to MIGs advice.

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Venue
    cricket world
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of my friend who went to U.K for Study came beck to pak.He is studying now a days in lahrore.
    I asked him what was the reason he said the food was one of the main factors.He told me that even if u buy a bun after reading all the ingredients while eating u will realize meat strips in it.
    he was really upset at it.though some of the famous food chains provide halal food now but he was not comfortable with them as they use the same crockery for preparing and serving food.According to him halal food is available in asian restaurants but they are very expensive.So that is why he decided to come back to pak.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, eating halal is a religious duty not a medical hazard - I am ready to accept the word of the Govt of the day - personal choice.
    But it may be a medical hazard if its not fit for human consumption.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man i just love chicken. Cant live without it. I have no issues staying away from Alcohol and Ham as clearly specified by religion. Most of my family is in the US, Canada and the UK. They obviously avoid Ham but used to have chicken freely wherever it was available. But a few years ago they learnt of the concept of Zabiya i.e. Islam asks you to sacrifice and kill an animal in accordance with the Islamic tradition i.e. from the neck and with the recitation of certain verses. Once this process is followed the meat is Zabiya and you are free to eat it.

However in the West the animals are obviously not sacrificed in the Islamic way. So thus my family even avoids eating chicken as well except when they can get it from a reliable Asian Shop. It was a pain having to go to all the big Fast food joints, resteraunts with family i.e. not beeing able to order anything other than fish, vegetables. I cant live like that, i lost weight during that time period and was glad when i went to visit liberal family members who didnt believe in Zabiya. Lol even better when i spent time with my friends in their various universities.

What is even funny is that i have heard that some Muslim families in the US when they go these fast food resteraunts like Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds dont even order non chicken items. The theory of these people is that "the knife they use to cut the bread, cheese is the same knife they use to cut the ham, non-zabiya chicken". I mean what the hell man, what do you guys actually eat. If you follow this belief you will end up refusing to eat majority of the food items available.

Hmm so stomach before God huh? If you're not big on Zabiha then you might as well go ahead and consume ham and alcohol. Non-zabiha chicken, goat, sheep, cow what have you is equal to ham.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Base
    And that is the opinion of all the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah. The people on this forum would do well to pay heed to MIGs advice.
    With such attitude, thats why we don't halal meat in this country we got to strive for and not just close our eyes and say yes its halal..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halal or not halal is not a big deal. As long as it is slaughtered, as most of it is in the west anyway.

Debut
    Oct 2003
    Venue
    Neptune
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it may be a medical hazard if its not fit for human consumption.
    But being 'halal' doesn't exactly automatically make it fit for human consumption

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some real mindless comments from so called muslims here...

We are muslims, we are forbidden to eat certain foods/drinks e.g Ham, alcohol and we are commanded to ensure that certain foods are halal before we even consider eating them.

This is not really an option, we are commanded to do this, it is one of the signs that we are muslims that we observe a Islamic diet.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aashiqmizaaj
    Hmm so stomach before God huh? If you're not big on Zabiha then you might as well go ahead and consume ham and alcohol. Non-zabiha chicken, goat, sheep, cow what have you is equal to ham.
    Its one of the main reasons i wont be living in the west.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree its really a problem if you get used to a muslim country but people go on.. I used to not care about halal nonhalal till a 3 yrs back.. used to love a juicy quarter pounder or a nice whopper.. well as it happens a mate of mine who started working in maccies told me that the meat is not discriminated as far as tongs and other utensils are concerned.. i decided to stop then and havent had anything non halal since.. am really tempted though.. There is a chronic shortage of good halal restaurants which is not the case in say karachi

Shahid Afridi :- the glue which binds Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash
    But being 'halal' doesn't exactly automatically make it fit for human consumption
    That is what I am referring to - Halal Meat is not an indicator of 'piety'

Too many unscrupolous Muslims trade meat a HALAL - as if that initself guarantees purity and quality.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its one of the main reasons i wont be living in the west.
    What nonsense. You can still live in the West and watch what you're eating. Your attitude of having trouble eating only fish in a restaurant is what needs to be fixed. If you can't eat something that is not permitted, suck it up. You should be your stomach's master, not the other way around.

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    somewhere in Tora Bora
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eating only proper Halal meat is not difficult at all. Plenty of places everywhere. For poeple who use the scarcity of these places as an excuse is just completely wrong. If I can find Halal takeaways and restaurants in Germany & Netherlands then I don't see how is eating halal food in US/UK a problem.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in an area which doesnt have that many Muslims - yet there are more Halal take aways / restaurants / meat-shops available than arerequired!

Unless you live out in the sticks (in the West), not finding 'Halal' is virtually impossible

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi hater
    With such attitude, thats why we don't halal meat in this country we got to strive for and not just close our eyes and say yes its halal..
    Akhil Kareem, your zeal for sticking to Allah's law is commendable, may Allah reward you for it and may all of us have the same spirit of upholding the Shariah.

However, my brother, as I stated ALL the scholars of Sunnah have agreed that the responsibility of ensuring meat is Halal falls upon the shoulders of the Muslim rulers of that land. For brothers living in Muslim lands Like the UAE, Eygpt, Saudi, Pakistan et cetera, if meat is sold as Halal, then, its Halal InshaAllah and no further inquiry is needed.

As for brothers and sisters living in non Muslim lands like the UK, Norway, India et cetera then yes, one should be cautious and strive toensure the meat is Halal.

What MIG has stated is merely the position of our Deen with regards to meat in Muslim lands.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Base
    Akhil Kareem, your zeal for sticking to Allah's law is commendable, may Allah reward you for it and may all of us have the same spirit of upholding the Shariah.

However, my brother, as I stated ALL the scholars of Sunnah have agreed that the responsibility of ensuring meat is Halal falls upon the shoulders of the Muslim rulers of that land. For brothers living in Muslim lands Like the UAE, Eygpt, Saudi, Pakistan et cetera, if meat is sold as Halal, then, its Halal InshaAllah and no further inquiry is needed.

As for brothers and sisters living in non Muslim lands like the UK, Norway, India et cetera then yes, one should be cautious and strive toensure the meat is Halal.

What MIG has stated is merely the position of our Deen with regards to meat in Muslim lands.
    brother i know what you mean but trust me if the Muslim countries and the rulers were islamic then it would be no problem but unfortunley most of these rulers do not care if the awaam eats halal or haraam may be some countries are strict in making sure that the food is halal but majority do not care.
    Here are some articles regarding this.
    MPORTED MEAT AND POULTRY IN SAUDI ARABIA
    By Mufti Abdullah at Foodguide Services

Poultry

We are reliably informed that chicken in the Holy lands is obtained and slaughtered locally as well as imported. The local chicken is Halal and can be identified by the 'al-Watania' packaging. Imported chicken meat comes from a myriad of countries. It is very difficult to ascertain whether chickens imported into Saudi Arabia are slaughtered according to Shar'iah, thus such meat would be termed Mashkook (doubtful) - caution demands abstinence.

Meat

From Muhammad Sameeullah's - The Meat: Lawful and Unlawful in Islam - Siddiqi Trust:

"It may be pertinent to mention here that at present, Argentina and Brazil, etc. are exporting a lot frozen meat to Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia. This meat is not lawful for the Muslims as the animals are not slaughtered according to the way prescribed by the Shari’ah. The exporting firms very deceitfully put the Halal mark on their products while in reality they are not Halal. There are no Muslim butchers or supervisors attached to these firms and as such their statement cannot be relied upon. It is very important that the Islamic Organizations should probe into the matter urgently to ensure that the Muslim masses in Arab countries are not fed on this type of meat as, according to a Hadith of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, the prayers of a person nourished on unlawful food are not heard or accepted. This is a grave issue and should be taken in right earnestness by Muslim governments.

CAUTION!!!
    By Abu Umar

Thousands of Muslims travel from all over the world to the holiest of holy cities Makkah and Madinah, little suspecting that they could be deceived into eating haram in a place like this.

Have you ever wondered where all the meat that is being consumed in these holy places is coming from? or is it okay to consume whatever is in front of you just because you are in Makkah or Madinah, and

Upon investigation it has been revealed that a lot of this meat is coming from places like Brazil, Holland, France, etc, where no one really knows if there are Halal certification processes in place, and if there are, then what kind of certification processes are they? Do they allow stunning? Do they allow mechanical slaughter? Are the animals being slaughtered by Muslims at all? Is the name of Allah being read at the time of slaughter? One prominent Alim states his own personal experience and says:

“I approached a particular hotel and asked about their meat, at first the response was dismissive, but after persistence they reluctantly let me have a look at the package boxes, it was clearly written in English; Import from Brazil 'HALAL' in big writing and just underneath it in smaller writing, was written 'some of the meat may be doubtful'”.

We are all aware that the virtues of praying Salah with Jama’at in an ordinary Masjid in the month of Ramdhaan is seventy fold compared to praying Salah at home, furthermore if a person travels to Haramain in the holy month of Ramdhaan his reward for praying Salah with Jama’at in Masjid al Haram will be 100,000 fold and in Masjid An Nabawi 50,000 fold, as is the case for every other form of Ibaadat, ie Dhikr, Tawaf, Tilaawah, etc.

In order to benefit from these vast rewards and spiritually cleanse ourselves we take out time and money to travel there, yet all this could become meaningless if even one morsel of Haram is consumed knowingly or unknowingly, because forty days of Ibaadat (worship) will instantly become nullified, not to mention the fact that all our duaas will also be rejected.

My dear respected brothers and sisters in Islam, please remember that we are living in an age of commercialism and to get caught up in this trap is very easy, be careful of what you eat, especially in a place like the Haramain.

Abu Umar

check this links as well

http://www.halalmc.co.uk/
    http://www.soundvision.com/cgi-bin/p...l.cuntries.asp
    Last edited by khan-92; 20th September 2008 at 05:40.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    Not quite from the east, not coming from the west. In sa there are many hallaal eateries etc. Most supermarkets also stock hallaal now so i assume it would be quite easy. In fact i obtain my meat from a muslim butchery, not because of hallaal but the meat is so tender and juicy!!!
    Yes i have heard the muslims in south africa are very strict on the halal issue and have very good organisations to monitor the halal meat and poultry.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyone know which Nandos are Halal in UK?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread was started a couple years ago but it would make a point if it would have started in 1960's or something. I can talk in details on the subject with a couple very interesting and logical incidents but to make it short, this is 2011. Halal meat and Halal cooked food is pretty easily available thru out the US. Specially in New York. It's amazing that Muslims have built mosques and established halal food dining in almost EVERY city in the United States in the last 30 years or so. U got islamic schools and Hifz academies flourishing in every major city here in the United States. Some folks have even proved that raising kids on the lines of Islamic guidance has become more easy in USA than in Pakistan. But Yeah, it was a different story 40 years ago.

Matter of fact, pretty recently a petition was filed by some Americans in Queens NY that Halal and Asian restaurants have flourished so much in the area that non-Halal consumer is left with limited choices of restaurants and places to eat.
    I think same goes in UK. Halal food and mosques are available almost everywhere.

And no offense intended but on the contrary, these recent reports of oil extracted from dead and haram animals and being used in restaurants, and dog meat being sold as ground beef (qeema) in burgers in Pakistan (a Muslim country) would make one think a million times before stepping into a restaurant.
    Last edited by FusedBulb; 5th April 2011 at 06:52.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what to do if you are stuck in a small city in UK or US which has no available halal place to eat.
    some people just caant live without meat.
    are they allowed to eat chicken or beef due to this majboori?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local tescos are currently closed for refurbishment and are opening a halal counter...they sold pre-packaged halal meat previously...looks like they are following the local ASDA's lead...which tbh is 3 years in the making...

Halal food is readily available in majority of London...albeit majority are fast food.
    Last edited by Toony™®; 5th April 2011 at 10:43.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Chaht keh nechay :)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In GTA at least I don't find an excuses for people saying "Halal food is not readily available in GTA".

Halal food availability here is far more than considering this is not an Islamic country.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover Drive View Post
    In GTA at least I don't find an excuses for people saying "Halal food is not readily available in GTA".
    i do

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    A Hong Kong Pond
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPrince View Post
    what to do if you are stuck in a small city in UK or US which has no available halal place to eat.
    some people just caant live without meat.
    are they allowed to eat chicken or beef due to this majboori?
    To be honest even in a small town you can't be that far from a halal butchers - just means that you go there once a month rather than once a week. The other thing is that it is quite likely if you are in a small place that you are in the countryside - ie near to farms and livestock. In that case you would do what my father and many others did when they first came to the UK and kill the animal yourself.

A few years back I had a white scottish work colleague who had married a girl from Karachi. They invited me to their place for dinner partly I suspect because they wanted to fix me up with some of her friends. Anyway alcohol was being freely consumed by all - her sister and Pakistani friends. Then when I asked if it was halal she told me they couldn't find any halal butchers.....this was Putney South London! Anyway I made my excuses and left.....hungry, thirsty and without a companion.....!

Bad Boys, Bad Boys....What you gonna do when the ICC come for you

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^

haha, what a story!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where I live, not realy an issue. Halal joints nearly in every town, village. Hugely diverse. Some areas you got to (East London, South London, areas in NW London), there are parades of fodd places with halal meat, let alone butchers.

Even many English schools now provide halal food.

Quote Originally Posted by fireworks11 View Post
    Anyone know which Nandos are Halal in UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    A few years ago, there was some controversy about Nando, and some email circulations that questioned if the meat is really halal and apparently insiders acknowledged it wasn't i.e. they used stunning or some other form for slaughtering... but this is quite old, so I can't recall how accurate it was or how relevant it is today.

See some links I searched below:
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...726&topic=8553

Wasim, the legend of all ages...

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem here in Norway is to find halal chicken. Only a couple of butchers are certified by the Islamic Advisory council (IRN). And if a restauran doesn't purcahse from those butchers then you have no gurarantee at all.

Why?

1 out of 10 chickens dies receiving the mandatory shock and that chicken is already dead before it is slaughtered, hence you have no gurantee if those halal-marked chickens are actually halal or not.

But IRN use their own persons who supervise this process so the dead chicken is removed before it is slaughtered.

And I know about only 1 snack bar here in Oslo who sells certified halal chicken. If there are any else please let me know

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    or unknowingly, because forty days of Ibaadat (worship) will instantly become nullified, not to mention the fact that all our duaas will also be rejected.

sorry but I believe this quote is an error. How can you be penalised for something that is beyond your control? sorry this is going way over the top. I agreew ith migs asessment above.

As for HMC well lets just say i have my opinions about them that others may not agree with.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Crusher View Post

A few years ago, there was some controversy about Nando, and some email circulations that questioned if the meat is really halal and apparently insiders acknowledged it wasn't i.e. they used stunning or some other form for slaughtering... but this is quite old, so I can't recall how accurate it was or how relevant it is today.

See some links I searched below:
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...726&topic=8553
    I try to avoid Nandos anyway. Some people are convinced that its Halal some convinced that its not. So just to be safe I've stopped eating at Nandos but if someone is convinced that it Halal and has checked it out fully then should be okay for them to there.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ yeah, ever since I heard that there is strong doubt, some claiming evidence / commentary that it is, I also stopped eating it a few years back..

there is a wider debate about the legality of even so called halal meat... in terms of techniques used by slaughter houses etc... but again, is a wider debate...

I do wonder how a large amount of places, even main stream restaurants, claim that only there chicken is halal... some say because it's cheaper, but it does make you wonder..

Wasim, the legend of all ages...

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres not as many places in Canada as there are in the UK, but we get by. Anyone in the UK really can't complain, don't you blokes have halal McDonalds?

I used to eat whatever when I was younger using that excuse - I stopped now though. The funny thing used to be if it wasn't halal, just say Bismillah and you're good. How douchey lol

And they sell Nandos at my Masjid, + they swear its halal, so whats the biggie?

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Durban (S.A)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alhamdulillah living in SA halal food is not a problem...............even every next KFC, Steers, Nandos, Debonairs etc are muslim owned

Aik Tsunami Aik Toufaan! Imran Khan Imran Khan!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    the problem with halal meat is the stunning issue..also with regards to KFC an email went out and went viral that claimed the lancashire council of mosques had been to a particular slaughterhouse that was HFA certified but who were not following good practice. As a result many brotehrs in my city are basically calling HFA haraam, not dubious blatantly haraam. Which in my opinion is wrong.

As a result as in everything that involves purely religious authority we now have division and rebellion brewing against HMC etc..some nortehrn butchers have complained of bullying by HMC and have refused to be certified. My own father refuses to get HMC certified because he doesnt believe that someone should put a stamp on his imaandari..

HMC have no idea how to handle things and are going about things completley the wrong way by actually putting sellers in the dock. Essentially you are guilty until proven innocent. INMHO that is extremist and not Islamic.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    the problem with halal meat is the stunning issue..also with regards to KFC an email went out and went viral that claimed the lancashire council of mosques had been to a particular slaughterhouse that was HFA certified but who were not following good practice. As a result many brotehrs in my city are basically calling HFA haraam, not dubious blatantly haraam. Which in my opinion is wrong.

As a result as in everything that involves purely religious authority we now have division and rebellion brewing against HMC etc..some nortehrn butchers have complained of bullying by HMC and have refused to be certified. My own father refuses to get HMC certified because he doesnt believe that someone should put a stamp on his imaandari..

HMC have no idea how to handle things and are going about things completley the wrong way by actually putting sellers in the dock. Essentially you are guilty until proven innocent. INMHO that is extremist and not Islamic.
    HMC are a non-profit organisation. They charge something like £30/month for the inspection. Not much at all, £1 a day. And they were the first real monitoring committe created so it's no surprise they'd have a monopoly.

I don't know if they bully or not but I do know that certain food outlets have been known to stick the 'halal' sign on because it attracts more customers so I'm pretty grateful for its existence. As for the competition, only HFA does the same thing on a similar scale but last I heard, they allowed stunning of chickens. It's controlled but still, most people prefer not to take the risk.

You might think it's too strict to have monthly inspections and approvals but it's neccessary when you consider some of the garbage a lot of 'halal' outlets have been caught selling.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    not about the money..principle also counts..in a way its not HMC i blame its the people who refuse to eat at outlets that are not HMC certified and even though the butchers they get their meat from are HMC certified. its a slippery slope and where do you stop? at some point someones word has to count for something especially when you as a Muslim are not to be blamed for another's sins.

ultimatley if your not HMC you'll just be seen as Haraam by most people which in my opinion is wrong.and im talking about food outlets here not butchers. Everyone is tarred with the same brush and you are guilty until proven innocent..it just sits uncomfortably with me when a devout Muslim refuses to eat at a place that has been there before HMC even existed and is 100% halal just because there is no HMC certificate.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    To be honest even in a small town you can't be that far from a halal butchers - just means that you go there once a month rather than once a week. The other thing is that it is quite likely if you are in a small place that you are in the countryside - ie near to farms and livestock. In that case you would do what my father and many others did when they first came to the UK and kill the animal yourself.

A few years back I had a white scottish work colleague who had married a girl from Karachi. They invited me to their place for dinner partly I suspect because they wanted to fix me up with some of her friends. Anyway alcohol was being freely consumed by all - her sister and Pakistani friends. Then when I asked if it was halal she told me they couldn't find any halal butchers.....this was Putney South London! Anyway I made my excuses and left.....hungry, thirsty and without a companion.....!
    No mate no halal buthcers and asa student your second solution is not practical... at most i can get kosher meat which is the same as halal meat accc to most people

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPrince View Post
    at most i can get kosher meat which is the same as halal meat accc to most people
    Yes. In fact Kosher restrictions on meat are much more strict than for Halal.

Jo aql ka ghulam ho, woh dil na kar qubool
    Disown the heart that's slave to the mind
    -Iqbal

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something sad that I find here in GTA is that often, Arabs will go inside McDonalds, say bismillah, and start eating. They claim it "becomes" halal.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iHammad View Post
    Something sad that I find here in GTA is that often, Arabs will go inside McDonalds, say bismillah, and start eating. They claim it "becomes" halal.
    just arabs? so many pakistanis and indian muslims do that too

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaalakawaa View Post
    just arabs? so many pakistanis and indian muslims do that too
    Your right. And that makes the situation even sadder.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice generalization there. I have seen people from all Muslim countries do that including Pakistanis. As far as I am concern it is their business and they will pay the consequences when the time comes no need to get sad or look down on them.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    There is enough halal food eateries/restaurants in Brisbane. Probably just not the variety and cuisines that people have in Muslim countries. Still can't complain - helps keep the weight under control.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Salad don't taste that bad. I used to bowl decent pace when I lived in Pakistan. Now I just bowl like an Indian

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I only eat Zabiya.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Umpire View Post
    ...Salad don't taste that bad. I used to bowl decent pace when I lived in Pakistan. Now I just bowl like an Indian
    So you're on your way to becoming world champion eh?

Jo aql ka ghulam ho, woh dil na kar qubool
    Disown the heart that's slave to the mind
    -Iqbal

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yaar jub bhook lagay tu sab kuch khaa saktay hain, suicide is haram :yousuf:

Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would do that if i am really hungry or sick .

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    i would do that if i am really hungry or sick .
    so basically when you are about to die?

I have lot of friends who do that too but it's totally wrong imo. It's basically manipulation of religion to suit the needs.