Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 95
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    UK Driving Test Advice

    Guys need some advice in regards to taking a driving test. had three attempts and failed

    1st test failed miserably

    2nd test failed cause of speeding doing 30mph in a 20mph zone

    3rd test failed which took place yesterday cause of me being in the overtaking lane,stupud and pi55ed as i can drive and that aint a serious major fault in my eyes

    so with me able to drive and do my manoevorous properly, what would the drivers on pp advise me cause frankly confidence is gone and now have to wait till february for next test

    freel like giving up but like a true pakistani gving up isnt in my blood but mentally need to be stronger in regards to driving as a test is only 40 mins and on 2 occasions 2 stupid little mistakes i failed, also with the fact that i never failed anything previous to this in my lifetime any exams so this is a big setback

    so a bit of advice is needed plsease


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice is stay off the roads - the examiners are trying to tell you something!


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    25,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    light up a soota while driving. It will help you calm down and tester dizzy. What advice are you looking for when you say you were driving at 30 in 20 zone? Maybe some good music will help

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    8,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thMan
    light up a soota while driving. It will help you calm down and tester dizzy. What advice are you looking for when you say you were driving at 30 in 20 zone? Maybe some good music will help

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    6,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hire a chauffeur - it'll be cheaper.

    Actually keep trying - it can take a while, don't take a driving test until your ready though - your instructor should tell you when your at that stage.


    Up Up and Away..

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yh the examiners are cheeky, my friends got took to areas where the signs were displayed but cudnt be seen that easily,

    trust me girls pass easy, just wear a hijab next time and see wt appens

    take ur instructor wit u next time, he will back u up, do it again,. ull pass dont worry, overtaking is minor,


    didnt u pass ur theory, there was like 1,000,000,000 questions on right hand lane on a dual carriageway is overtaking/turning right

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazer
    How many hours of learning have you had?
    had 29 hours of learning and can drive. instructor tells me i am overdue and i know i am that the pi55 taking thing?


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    My advice is stay off the roads - the examiners are trying to tell you something!
    how many tests did u take back in the 50's


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dblock
    Hire a chauffeur - it'll be cheaper.

    Actually keep trying - it can take a while, don't take a driving test until your ready though - your instructor should tell you when your at that stage.
    no they dont, they are all conmen,

    my instructor is just quiet all lesson, says nothing apart from "£20 please, i think it went well, i ask can i book a test, then he just rips me apart

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    25,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just rememberd. Use a phone and let someone give instructions to you during the test. There was Spongebob documentary about it. I will see if I can find it
    just wear a hijab next time and see wt appens
    something to think about
    Last edited by 12thMan; 13th December 2008 at 03:23.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    had 29 hours of learning and can drive. instructor tells me i am overdue and i know i am that the pi55 taking thing?
    whose ur instructor

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    8,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    instructor tells me i am overdue
    Maybe you should deliver first, then think about driving.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoshtbuster
    Maybe you should deliver first, then think about driving.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    6,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussein
    no they dont, they are all conmen,

    my instructor is just quiet all lesson, says nothing apart from "£20 please, i think it went well, i ask can i book a test, then he just rips me apart
    You have a terrible instructor then.

    Get either reliable private one, perhaps someone who has a good reputation and other friends/family members have passed with.

    They are not all bad.


    Up Up and Away..

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussein
    whose ur instructor
    Tatu School of Motoring


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dblock
    You have a terrible instructor then.

    Get either reliable private one, perhaps someone who has a good reputation and other friends/family members have passed with.

    They are not all bad.

    lolz at oxy

    he lives in my village in pakistan , he is a family friend, i take out all my anger in scratching his alloys along the kerb

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thMan
    light up a soota while driving. It will help you calm down and tester dizzy. What advice are you looking for when you say you were driving at 30 in 20 zone? Maybe some good music will help
    didnt see the 20 sign. it was right at the start of the road when u turn in.anyone can miss it


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussein
    yh the examiners are cheeky, my friends got took to areas where the signs were displayed but cudnt be seen that easily,

    trust me girls pass easy, just wear a hijab next time and see wt appens

    take ur instructor wit u next time, he will back u up, do it again,. ull pass dont worry, overtaking is minor,


    didnt u pass ur theory, there was like 1,000,000,000 questions on right hand lane on a dual carriageway is overtaking/turning right
    i didnt over take cars were undertaking me.i stayed to the limit 30 but stayed in the overtaking lane


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussein
    whose ur instructor
    a enligshman, very good for 20 pounds, my bro passed 1st time with him


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoshtbuster
    Maybe you should deliver first, then think about driving.


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my wife for a driving lesson last week - she nearly killed us by not stopping at a roundabout.

    Then she maintained that she was in the right - and the other cars were wrong.

    Later on - she turned right at the lights, without waiting for the oncoming traffic! Again, she insisted she was right.

    If I'm going to die in my 30s, I want to go in style....not strapped into my car as a passenger!


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    i didnt over take cars were undertaking me.i stayed to the limit 30 but stayed in the overtaking lane


    thats the point, ur meant to stay on the left , only stay in right if u were turning right or overtaking,

    btw , how did u find hazard?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    didnt see the 20 sign. it was right at the start of the road when u turn in.anyone can miss it
    Most people think signs on the road dont matter once you've passed the theory test.


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    I took my wife for a driving lesson last week - she nearly killed us by not stopping at a roundabout.

    Then she maintained that she was in the right - and the other cars were wrong.

    Later on - she turned right at the lights, without waiting for the oncoming traffic! Again, she insisted she was right.

    If I'm going to die in my 30s, I want to go in style....not strapped into my car as a passenger!
    girls are the worst, sat in the back while another learner was taking lessonmes and i genuiely feared for my life


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    I took my wife for a driving lesson last week - she nearly killed us by not stopping at a roundabout.

    Then she maintained that she was in the right - and the other cars were wrong.

    Later on - she turned right at the lights, without waiting for the oncoming traffic! Again, she insisted she was right.

    If I'm going to die in my 30s, I want to go in style....not strapped into my car as a passenger!
    take her to bumper cars, and hit her from behind, and then say to her if u dont look ur going to get hit from behind/front/side

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    i didnt over take cars were undertaking me.i stayed to the limit 30 but stayed in the overtaking lane
    You shouldnt have been in that lane in the 1st place - thats basic stuff you are failing on.

    Serious error - instant failure


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussein
    thats the point, ur meant to stay on the left , only stay in right if u were turning right or overtaking,
    btw , how did u find hazard?
    passed my theory 1st time

    know that know


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont worry man, just dont do anything stupid next time and ur pass bro,

    that reminds me, my instructor was telling me of this other random guy doing his test,


    in the actual test, he "closed" the door, but it wasNT properly closed, iexaminer said nothing, and put his seat belt on like all drivers do when they see the police

    so obvs it came out, the guy examining him said, emmergency break, and bang, that moment he realized he failed..
    Last edited by hussein; 13th December 2008 at 03:42.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    You shouldnt have been in that lane in the 1st place - thats basic stuff you are failing on.

    Serious error - instant failure
    no their were roadworks only a single lane is open and i was the leading drivier and i stayed in my lane when i went past the road work area the road opened to 2 lanes,i stayed in my lane which i was in and dint think fo changing...stupid stupid error... if i wasnt the leading car would have known to move in the other lane if the other cars ahead was unlucky


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    My advice is stay off the roads - the examiners are trying to tell you something!
    actually the examiner was the same one as my 2nd test and said i really wanted you to pass, he kept telling me to calm down, take deep breaths, was way way stressed. even asked him if he had touched my pedals at the beginning of the test but he didnt. an ex instructor, nice chap...hope i have him next time


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,907
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    actually the examiner was the same one as my 2nd test and said i really wanted you to pass, he kept telling me to calm down, take deep breaths, was way way stressed. even asked him if he had touched my pedals at the beginning of the test but he didnt. an ex instructor, nice chap...hope i have him next time
    Cos he doesnt want to teach you any more

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed
    Cos he doesnt want to teach you any more


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed
    Cos he doesnt want to teach you any more
    had 8 minors and 1 major and i am talking about my examiner not my instructor


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    25,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed
    Cos he doesnt want to teach you any more
    That also happened in Spongebob but the fish lady teacher passed him

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,907
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    had 8 minors and 1 major and i am talking about my examiner not my instructor
    same difference - the point is they dont want to be in a car with you

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,907
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thMan
    That also happened in Spongebob but the fish lady teacher passed him
    fish lady huh? pakistanbest any fish lady examiners in your area?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed
    fish lady huh? pakistanbest any fish lady examiners in your area?
    in luton no, but plenty of fish


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,582
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pakistanbest, a friend of mine was in the exact same position as you are in now. He started learning well before me because he was a few months older. He took his test when I began to learn and he failed. I then took my test for the first time and passed with four minors and yet my friend went on to fail 3 more times before passing on his fourth attempt some 6 months after I passed.

    The point is, he wasn't a bad driver. I mean he did make stupid mistakes and in fact in one hilarious test he failed because he almost ran over a pedestrian at a zebra crossing, at which point the examiner intervened and braked, stopping the car. But the real difference as I always told him between me and him was confidence. By his 3rd attempt he was desperate to pass but with 0% confidence and 100% nerves.

    After his 3rd failure, we sat down with him and just told him that he's got to be confident when going for his test. Obviously everybody gets nervous, but if your so nervous that you're making the most basic mistakes like not being in the correct lane, then you're probably not ready for your test. Make sure that next time when you go for your test, you really believe that you are actually ready. Don't just take your test for the sake of it hoping that some divine intervention will make you a better driver than you actually are on the day of the test. Practice makes perfect my friend.
    Last edited by Usman; 13th December 2008 at 05:19.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman
    pakistanbest, a friend of mine was in the exact same position as you are in now. He started learning well before me because he was a few months older. He took his test when I began to learn and he failed. I then took my test for the first time and passed with four minors and yet my friend went on to fail 3 more times before passing on his fourth attempt some 6 months after I passed.

    The point is, he wasn't a bad driver. I mean he did make stupid mistakes and in fact in one hilarious test he failed because he almost ran over a pedestrian at a zebra crossing, at which point the examiner intervened and braked, stopping the car. But the real difference as I always told him between me and him was confidence. By his 3rd attempt he was desperate to pass but with 0% confidence and 100% nerves.

    After his 3rd failure, we sat down with him and just told him that he's got to be confident when going for his test. Obviously everybody gets nervous, but if your so nervous that you're making the most basic mistakes like not being in the correct lane, then you're probably not ready for your test. Make sure that next time when you go for your test, you really believe that you are actually ready. Don't just take your test for the sake of it hoping that some divine intervention will make you a better driver than you actually are on the day of the test. Practice makes perfect my friend.
    Usman bro thanks for the advice, i am ready. can do my manouverus and drive properly just a case of 2 stupid mistakes not like my examiner touched the brakes or my steering wheel and like ur friend my confidence is -100%, cant wait till february, can pass but i be really nervous and so much pressure, in my third test only my parents and girl friend knew about uit but still couldnt handle the pressure, be really nervous. know just goto work on my confidence and hope i can find a cancellation and do my test next month cant wait till february. feel just like u said driving is about skill..etc but the main thing is confidence something which i lack at this current time and i have no idea how it will improve as failing a test of importance has never bneen achieved but on 3 occasions failed so a new and bad experience. dont know what i am going to do if i fail 4th :******:


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Venue
    Blackhole
    Runs
    8,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't Drink and Drive


    Will the Federal Reserve Chairman continue with QE(n+1) or won’t she?

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well today on my fifth test and being abit nervous

    I PASSED!!

    Shukr Hai Allah (SWT)

    failed my fourth and my examiner was terrible then, she was the manager and made the mistake of swearing at her

    today had to have another person in the car with me and she was sat in the back being so nice

    so glad i passed 5th time should have passed it 2nd time though

    but it all over with i hope and dont get banned..lol


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    67,129
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You swear at the examiner....wonder why you failed!

    You wont get banned.....yet


    Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW thank everyone for your useles advice

    I CAN DRIVE OXY!!!


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy
    You swear at the examiner....wonder why you failed!

    You wont get banned.....yet
    Swore at the end of the test, the fat miserable cow!!


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well done bro, ive started my lessons a few weeks ago im goign to book my test, might get it around mayish time..

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    My computer in Lahore Pakistan
    Runs
    6,342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u fail ur tests the first time, then come to pakistan and get a licence without a test

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,582
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    well today on my fifth test and being abit nervous

    I PASSED!!

    Shukr Hai Allah (SWT)

    failed my fourth and my examiner was terrible then, she was the manager and made the mistake of swearing at her

    today had to have another person in the car with me and she was sat in the back being so nice

    so glad i passed 5th time should have passed it 2nd time though

    but it all over with i hope and dont get banned..lol
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    Knew you would do it eventually! Swearing at an examiner is probably a first too! Now you can use the argument that my friend uses all the time - that because you've taken more tests than everyone else, you automatically have more experience of supervised driving than everyone else and because of that you must be a better driver than everyone else too!


  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Dharti par
    Runs
    17,405
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mubarak ho pakistanbest! Shaadi kab hai?


    unkahi hi reh gayi woh baat, sab baaton ke baad

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    434
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    Knew you would do it eventually! Swearing at an examiner is probably a first too! Now you can use the argument that my friend uses all the time - that because you've taken more tests than everyone else, you automatically have more experience of supervised driving than everyone else and because of that you must be a better driver than everyone else too!

    it could be other way round aswell. that you were too thick to do it first time

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    434
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah
    Don't Drink and Drive
    yh you might spill some

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussein
    well done bro, ive started my lessons a few weeks ago im goign to book my test, might get it around mayish time..
    Thank you bro, driving is all about confidence and on the 4 previous tests, my nerves got the better off me, be confident!

    Good luck bro, Insh'ALLAH you pass 1st time


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    Knew you would do it eventually! Swearing at an examiner is probably a first too! Now you can use the argument that my friend uses all the time - that because you've taken more tests than everyone else, you automatically have more experience of supervised driving than everyone else and because of that you must be a better driver than everyone else too!

    Bro thank you very much for your congratulations and previous advice,helped alot. may Allah (SWT) bless you bro

    told my friends passed in my 3rd, told family and brother's i passed 4th, the only people who know the truth are my parents, girlfriend and all of PP


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  53. #53
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khabri420
    Mubarak ho pakistanbest! Shaadi kab hai?
    Haar Mubarak bhai

    Insh'ALLAH rishta humara august mein ho go, leken kuch ho sakhta,par humara soch hein kein us waqt me ho jatha hoon

    Shaadi ka both lamba waqt hai par Insh'ALLAH rishta august mein ho ga

    good week for me passed 2 key accounting exams and then this


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  54. #54
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do PP'ers think of doing the pass plus scheme?

    really want to get a car but at 17, insurance will be very high


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,142
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats PB!

    Mine is coming on April 9th. I hope I pass it on first try.


    The Underdogs

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    434
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanbest
    what do PP'ers think of doing the pass plus scheme?

    really want to get a car but at 17, insurance will be very high
    yeah some compaines do knock off about 50 to 100 pounds some times. but for pass pluss i think it around 150quids.
    and ecarinsurance and quinn direct are good for young drivers. but try an insurance quote first before you buy the car. becuase i was 19 and had 1.2 engine car(which is not powerfull at all) and i paid around 1800 pounds.
    Last edited by afzaal1988; 23rd March 2009 at 20:44.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afzaal1988
    yeah some compaines do knock off about 50 to 100 pounds some times. but for pass pluss i think it around 150quids.
    and ecarinsurance and quinn direct are good for young drivers. but try an insurance quote first before you buy the car. becuase i was 19 and had 1.2 engine car(which is not powerfull at all) and i paid around 1800 pounds.
    Wow! that was pretty high

    pass plus will cost about £120, so is their really any point and tbh i think the cheaper option is to become an additional driver and not the main one, am looking for a 1.7 astra, will be hard to find


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  58. #58
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    6,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Umair Paracha!
    Congrats PB!

    Mine is coming on April 9th. I hope I pass it on first try.
    Thanks Bhai!

    Good luck for yours and Insh'ALLAH you pass


    IN LIFE FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!S!

    MAKE THE MOST OF GOOD TIMES AS GOOD TIMES DONT LAST

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,360
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when I had my driving test (last year), I look back and think all the credit goes to two books that I was recommended by my instructor at the time (who was a bit of an intellectual ! a pHD student.. ).

    One was called "How to Pass Your Driving Test"(by Margaret Stacey) and the other was called "How NOT to FAIL your Driving Test" (by a chief examiner).

    The first book explained common techniques and manuveures using very simple and easy to understand instructions.. the second book told you the common mistakes people made when they took driving tests.

    Believe me, I went through those books inside out and it did the trick for me..

    Yes by all means you need practice and plenty of lessons, but for me.. these two books were worth at least 20 driving lessons each! I have been recommending these two books to my sisters, cousins and most have laughed it off.. except one of my cousin's who I gave these books to and he passed first time and called me up right after the test to say thanks for the books.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 24th March 2009 at 17:58.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,723
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2nd Driving Test is next month. Any help would be appreciated

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    355
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you fail the first one on?

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    31,165
    Mentioned
    564 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    My 2nd Driving Test is next month. Any help would be appreciated
    Be confident and very determined, do not think of failure.

    Keep the car fully in control, dont allow the vehicle to do anything you dont want it to. I.e if youre going downhill dont let the speed increase taking you over the speed limit. Once the examiner realises you are always in control he/she will feel you can drive.

    If you make a minor error or feel you have made a mistake dont think you have failed, continue doing your best.

    Good luck.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,148
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    My 2nd Driving Test is next month. Any help would be appreciated
    I passed my test in 1989 and there were no written tests at that time.

    I really should get my daughter to join PP, she passed in January and it included the sat nav thing

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    11,148
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KingKhanWC is right.
    Be confident but not over confident.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,433
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check your mirrors relentlessly.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,365
    Mentioned
    5016 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    My 2nd Driving Test is next month. Any help would be appreciated
    If you can see the rear tyres of the car in front of you, you are too close.

    The distance between you the car in front of you should be great enough for you to not be able to see its rear tyres.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,469
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I failed my test 4 times and I had to do my theory again because it expired. I need to make sure I pass the 5th time because I'm getting fed up of failing. The best suggestion is that you need more lessons and anything you're unsure of whilst driving needs to be addressed to your instructor. Never drive in your test with the intention of being too cautious to avoid picking up minors otherwise your examiner will pick up on that. They want you to drive positively, make sure you drive at the correct speed limit and do not drive too slowly. Manoeuvres are the least important thing, learn them towards the end of your test and focus on just driving your car on the roads. Another sly strategy by examiners is that they try to have a conversation with you, don't let them distract you at all.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,814
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Know your routes

    Get plenty of lessons in the week prior to the test

    Make it blatantly obvious when you're checking mirrors (actually move your head)

    Always keep an eye on your speeds

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,987
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One word. Confidence.

    I have had many friends who drove (like me) illegally since they were 15 but wilted under the scrutiny of the examiner. They got caught up in the minute details like (at least in Dubai) you have to check your back view mirror every 3 seconds (people get too caught up in showing that they're checking the mirrors and lose concentration) and what not and could then not just concentrate on driving. My advice is to just try to block out the examiner and just drive naturally, if possible. If not, then just think that failing isn't that big a deal and you will drive much better.
    Last edited by DeadBall; 27th July 2018 at 02:45.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,765
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    I failed my test 4 times and I had to do my theory again because it expired. I need to make sure I pass the 5th time because I'm getting fed up of failing. The best suggestion is that you need more lessons and anything you're unsure of whilst driving needs to be addressed to your instructor. Never drive in your test with the intention of being too cautious to avoid picking up minors otherwise your examiner will pick up on that. They want you to drive positively, make sure you drive at the correct speed limit and do not drive too slowly. Manoeuvres are the least important thing, learn them towards the end of your test and focus on just driving your car on the roads. Another sly strategy by examiners is that they try to have a conversation with you, don't let them distract you at all.
    If you have already failed 4 times then you should not be on the road. Don't endanger other people's lives.


    Dukh taan sunadi saray tod dene aa.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,765
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm scared of my own driving sometimes I don't know how other people get in the car with me. Drove for two years with no insurance.


    Dukh taan sunadi saray tod dene aa.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,469
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    If you have already failed 4 times then you should not be on the road. Don't endanger other people's lives.
    Well I'm still going to do more driving tests so I can eventually pass. Don't tell me how to live my life because I already know how good of a driver I am. I'll prove you wrong as soon as I pass my test. People who pass first time usually get into more accidents.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,469
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I'm scared of my own driving sometimes I don't know how other people get in the car with me. Drove for two years with no insurance.
    And you're telling me to get off the roads when you don't have insurance, the nerve; police should ban you from driving just because of this

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,765
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Well I'm still going to do more driving tests so I can eventually pass. Don't tell me how to live my life because I already know how good of a driver I am. I'll prove you wrong as soon as I pass my test. People who pass first time usually get into more accidents.
    I'll repeat myself, you should NOT be on the road.

    There should be a limit on how many times you can take the test. I wonder if the driving examiners pass people out of pity sometimes after seeing the number of the times that person has failed before.


    Dukh taan sunadi saray tod dene aa.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,765
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    And you're telling me to get off the roads when you don't have insurance, the nerve; police should ban you from driving just because of this
    That was in the past. I've got insurance now and don't worry, I'll be driving a police cruiser myself since I'm going into law enforcement.


    Dukh taan sunadi saray tod dene aa.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,469
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I'll repeat myself, you should NOT be on the road.

    There should be a limit on how many times you can take the test. I wonder if the driving examiners pass people out of pity sometimes after seeing the number of the times that person has failed before.
    Well whether you like it or not I will be on the road, I've failed due to 1 unlucky major and driving in a difficult test route. I will get my license by force and I am a safe driver. You don't even know me in real life. Some people have nerves when they drive. I know excellent drivers who have failed multiple times but when they passed they know how to drive properly. I know older drivers who don't even know how to position their car properly when turning into a dual carriageway. Failing a test is just a number. I'd like to see you try and stop me from driving because you CAN'T

    And btw they only let you do retakes because people learn from their mistakes, that's the whole point of a test, you're delusional.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    8,765
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Well whether you like it or not I will be on the road, I've failed due to 1 unlucky major and driving in a difficult test route. I will get my license by force and I am a safe driver. You don't even know me in real life. Some people have nerves when they drive. I know excellent drivers who have failed multiple times but when they passed they know how to drive properly. I know older drivers who don't even know how to position their car properly when turning into a dual carriageway. Failing a test is just a number. I'd like to see you try and stop me from driving because you CAN'T

    And btw they only let you do retakes because people learn from their mistakes, that's the whole point of a test, you're delusional.
    You're absolutely right, I can not stop you. Have fun on the road and don't hurt anyone else.


    Dukh taan sunadi saray tod dene aa.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,127
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just drive around your nieghborhood to get more practice. For me learning with an instructor and then only having a little practice before a test wasn't enough for me. I had to drive around get a feel of the road and the car which made be comfortable and confident in my driving.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,469
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    You're absolutely right, I can not stop you. Have fun on the road and don't hurt anyone else.
    Yeah I'll make sure I enjoy driving because it's pretty fun, please make dua for me that I pass Inshallah, only made mistakes on dumb things though not something that would annoy another driver though from what I've been through. Just been unlucky.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,723
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkb101277867 View Post
    What did you fail the first one on?
    I drove too close to a parked car, and also I drove onto a bit where you were supposed to keep clear so cars coming the other way could turn there if necessary. So 2 majors


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •