Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also one more thing that's making me more nervous is that my theory expires in March, and I'll be going back to Uni around late September so...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Test so close I can almost smell it...Please give me some tips!!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My driving test is very soon and I've lost my theory certificate... I live in UK. Help guys!!! I have failed my practical twice already

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    My driving test is very soon and I've lost my theory certificate... I live in UK. Help guys!!! I have failed my practical twice already
    I dont think u need to show your theory certificate at the practical test, or do you?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    I dont think u need to show your theory certificate at the practical test, or do you?
    Sometimes they don't bother asking you for it, sometimes they do. Even so, it's not ideal, as it's another thing to worry about, as if being stressed just for the driving test wasn't enough

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you can get your theory results on DVLA site if youíre from UK.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    Yeah, I told my instructor he said not to worry about it. I'm so nervous!!! This will be my third time

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Failed my 1st driving test today, with 3 minors and 1 serious.

A car in front of me stops in the middle of the road, didnít indicate that heíll be pulling over to the left, didnít completely stop as he was rolling forward, couldnít over take him due to on coming traffic and all of a sudden he brakes and because I didnít break quick enough, I was given a serious.

So another road user basically caused me to fail my test.

The examiner was a complete dick, surely a minor wouldíve been reasonable as I didnít cause any danger to the traffic behind.

The instructor agreed that it wasnít my fault, having watched it back on the dashcam footage.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Failed my 1st driving test today, with 3 minors and 1 serious.

A car in front of me stops in the middle of the road, didn’t indicate that he’ll be pulling over to the left, didn’t completely stop as he was rolling forward, couldn’t over take him due to on coming traffic and all of a sudden he brakes and because I didn’t break quick enough, I was given a serious.

So another road user basically caused me to fail my test.

The examiner was a complete dick, surely a minor would’ve been reasonable as I didn’t cause any danger to the traffic behind.

The instructor agreed that it wasn’t my fault, having watched it back on the dashcam footage.
    I failed today as well what a coincidence. I was approaching a traffic light and the car in front of me I had no idea what the driver was doing, he had his signal on, he wasn't moving despite there was no car in front of him so I was confused, he moved forward a bit, I followed him as I thought he was finally moving, then he signalled to me to go round him and the car behind started honking as well, and I nearly hit his car. So annoying, never have had to deal with that situation before on a driving lesson or even when just being in a car with someone else. Really frustrated. This was pretty early in the test, I drove badly at the start cos of the nerves but I drove well after that, my manouvre was fine too.

This leaves me in an awkward position as my theory expires in 29 March but I'm going back to Uni next week, think I may have to pass in Coventry, or maybe a surrounding area as Coventry test route is very hard to pass. Gutted

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I failed today as well what a coincidence. I was approaching a traffic light and the car in front of me I had no idea what the driver was doing, he had his signal on, he wasn't moving despite there was no car in front of him so I was confused, he moved forward a bit, I followed him as I thought he was finally moving, then he signalled to me to go round him and the car behind started honking as well, and I nearly hit his car. So annoying, never have had to deal with that situation before on a driving lesson or even when just being in a car with someone else. Really frustrated. This was pretty early in the test, I drove badly at the start cos of the nerves but I drove well after that, my manouvre was fine too.

This leaves me in an awkward position as my theory expires in 29 March but I'm going back to Uni next week, think I may have to pass in Coventry, or maybe a surrounding area as Coventry test route is very hard to pass. Gutted
    Canít trust other drivers, Iíll be keeping my distance now from drivers ahead.

I recommend you try with AA, which is what Iím currently doing. Before, I had a private Pakistani instructor, and I felt that I wasnít in control of the car, even after 15 hours of lessons, so I switched to AA and my driving improved a lot.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t trust other drivers, I’ll be keeping my distance now from drivers ahead.

I recommend you try with AA, which is what I’m currently doing. Before, I had a private Pakistani instructor, and I felt that I wasn’t in control of the car, even after 15 hours of lessons, so I switched to AA and my driving improved a lot.
    I don't think driving instructor really makes that much of a difference, I failed because of nerves, that's it.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think driving instructor really makes that much of a difference, I failed because of nerves, that's it.
    Sorry dude. You need to give it another go pretty soon.

I passed on my 3rd attempt. One clever thing i did on my 3rd attempt was to book the best for a Saturday early morning. There were hardly any cars on the road and it was easy peasy...see if u can get a test for a Saturday...

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is currently trying her practical and it seems they just find any way to fail you.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Sorry dude. You need to give it another go pretty soon.

I passed on my 3rd attempt. One clever thing i did on my 3rd attempt was to book the best for a Saturday early morning. There were hardly any cars on the road and it was easy peasy...see if u can get a test for a Saturday...
    Yeah I always try to book it for a quiet time. I have failed a few times now and I am embarrased