Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article: 500 US town have Muslim names

California named after Caliph Haroon Rashid. 500 US town have Muslim names

California was named after Calif(Ha)ronia: Caliph Haroon Rashid. Al Hambra was also from Muslim Spain….More than 500 American town have Muslim origins
    California is not an anomoly, hundreds of cities and town across America have Muslim names

A sum of 565 names, 484 in America and 81 in Canada, of villages, towns, cities, mountains, lakes, rivers and etcetera, are etymologically Arabic, designated by locals long before the arrival of Columbus. Many of these names are in fact the same as names of Islamic places; Mecca in Indiana, Medina in Idaho, Medina in New York, Medina and Hazen in North Dakota, Medina in Ohio, Medina in Tennessee, Medina in Texas, Medina and Arva in Ontario, Mahomet in Illinois and Mona in Utah, are just a few noticeable names at the outset. A closer analysis of the names of native tribes will immediately reveal their Arabic etymological ancestry; Anasazi, Apache, Arawak, Arikana, Chavin, Cherokee, Cree, Hohokam, Hupa, Hopi, Makkah, Mohician, Mohawk, Nazca, Zulu, and Zuni are only a few.

Islam is America is everywhere. One just has to look for it. From Caliph Haronia (California), to Allah-Bumya (Alabama), to Tallah-Hasse (Tallahassee), to Medina Ohio, to Moorestown New Jersey, to Islamorada Florida, to Al-hambra California Muslims ahve left an impact on the country

http://rupeenews.com/usa/california-...uslim-origins/

http://rupeenews.com/2008/04/11/musl...h-inquisition/

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salam... My baby was born 2 days before and her name was ayan.. kindly any body tell what its meaning
    Last edited by Oxy; 8th August 2009 at 21:31.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khawarjunjoi
    Salam... My baby was born 2 days before and her name was ayan.. kindly any body tell what its meaning
    My nephew's name is Ayaan or Aayan... means God's gift

http://www.all-babynames.com/meaning-of-name-Ayaan.html

The meaning of Ayaan
    Ayaan has multiple meanings and origins. The Indian version of Ayaan means Unknown. The Arabic version of Ayaan means Gift of God..
    http://www.birthvillage.com/meaning/Ayaan
    Last edited by Oxy; 8th August 2009 at 21:31.

Allah Almighty says, "We rescued those who forbidden the evil and seized those who did wrong with a harsh punishment because they were deviators." (7:165)

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khawarjunjoi
    Salam... My baby was born 2 days before and her name was ayan.. kindly any body tell what its meaning or any place where i can find out meaning... because i dont know the meaning of my baby till yet....!!
    You mean she had this name even before she was born?

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Momo
    You mean she had this name even before she was born?
    No actually there was a chit besides the infant, showing the name.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden arm
    No actually there was a chit besides the infant, showing the name.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    California named after Caliph Haroon Rashid. 500 US town have Muslim names

California was named after Calif(Ha)ronia: Caliph Haroon Rashid. Al Hambra was also from Muslim Spain….More than 500 American town have Muslim origins
    California is not an anomoly, hundreds of cities and town across America have Muslim names

A sum of 565 names, 484 in America and 81 in Canada, of villages, towns, cities, mountains, lakes, rivers and etcetera, are etymologically Arabic, designated by locals long before the arrival of Columbus. Many of these names are in fact the same as names of Islamic places; Mecca in Indiana, Medina in Idaho, Medina in New York, Medina and Hazen in North Dakota, Medina in Ohio, Medina in Tennessee, Medina in Texas, Medina and Arva in Ontario, Mahomet in Illinois and Mona in Utah, are just a few noticeable names at the outset. A closer analysis of the names of native tribes will immediately reveal their Arabic etymological ancestry; Anasazi, Apache, Arawak, Arikana, Chavin, Cherokee, Cree, Hohokam, Hupa, Hopi, Makkah, Mohician, Mohawk, Nazca, Zulu, and Zuni are only a few.

Islam is America is everywhere. One just has to look for it. From Caliph Haronia (California), to Allah-Bumya (Alabama), to Tallah-Hasse (Tallahassee), to Medina Ohio, to Moorestown New Jersey, to Islamorada Florida, to Al-hambra California Muslims ahve left an impact on the country

http://rupeenews.com/usa/california-...uslim-origins/

http://rupeenews.com/2008/04/11/musl...h-inquisition/
    Some times i wonder, if these were really the muslim names, where did these muslims go?

did they vanish like muslims in spain?

or were they oppressed, suppressed and forecfully made to convert back to christians etc??

its really a mystery for me?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Arabs believe that William Shakespeare was an Arab muslim whose real name was Wali Sheik Peer

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil
    Some Arabs believe that William Shakespeare was an Arab muslim whose real name was Wali Sheik Peer

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    !!!!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some times i wonder, if these were really the muslim names, where did these muslims go?

did they vanish like muslims in spain?

or were they oppressed, suppressed and forecfully made to convert back to christians etc??

its really a mystery for me?
    ever heard fo the spanish inquisition.

no one disappeared, its just that everyone has become ignorant.

there are over 500 cities and towns in usa named after muslims and a huge part of europe is well.

textbooks, history and education today is all manipulated and with the media has made todays people blind, all of the history of muslims conquering europe, the ottoman empire, the muslim warriors have been erased from your history textbooks.

you call einstein a genius for making the atom bomb, but would that have been possible without tipu sultans innovations in rocket technology. tipu was a far bigger genius then einstein.

time, clock, numbers, world map, algebra were all brought by muslims but today they are only known as head choppers.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes this article is kind of low quality, i mean mohawk is native indian, and zulu is an african tribe...come on?!

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    loool

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Boston MA (from Sydney Aus)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Boston MA (from Sydney Aus)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[/url]

The name "Tallahassee" is a Muskogean Indian word often translated as "old fields". This likely stems from the Creek (later called Seminole) Indians who migrated from Georgia and Alabama to this region in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Upon arrival, they found large areas of cleared land previously occupied by the Apalachee tribe. Earlier, the Mississippian Indians built mounds near Lake Jackson around A.D. 1200, which survive today in the Lake Jackson Archaeological State Park.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallahassee,_Florida

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely they mean to say:

'Wali Sheikh Beer'?

Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people are so ignorant! His real name was Sheikh Zubair. He was Moorish and came to England to make money (I think Anne Hatahway sponsored him!)

Before going to prison he [Nelson Mandela] said, “Make every home, every shack or rickety structure into a learning center.”

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph K.
    You people are so ignorant! His real name was Sheikh Zubair. He was Moorish and came to England to make money (I think Anne Hatahway sponsored him!)
    !!!

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Malé, Maldives
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. Do some arabs seriously say that? I thought it was a short-hand used by students in arab universities/colleges to refer to Shakespear. That's how it was according to a Maldivian poet/linguist named Salahuddin. He had compiled a collection of raivaru (a very old style of Dhivehi poetry), and he named it "Sheikh Zubair". In the foreword of that book he mentioned that "Sheikh Zubair" was what the students in Azhar University called Shakespear "either by mistake or on purpose".

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    California is actually named after Kali Poornia and if you don't mind my reminding you, Medina is Mahadev Nath.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Venue
    Stanley Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone is interested, here's the actual origin of the name California:
    The name California is most commonly believed to have derived from a fictional paradise peopled by black Amazons and ruled by a Queen Califia. The myth of Califia is recorded in a 1510 work The Exploits of Esplandian, written as a sequel to Amadís de Gaula by Spanish adventure writer Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo.[6] The kingdom of Queen Califia or Calafia, according to Montalvo, was said to be a remote land inhabited by griffins and other strange beasts and rich in gold.
    Basically Europeans explorers had always expected an island on the west coast of America. Some dude in the 16th century wrote a fictional story about it. In the story the Island was ruled by Queen Califia.

There are other fringe theories like these two:

1. Some suggest that the word California may signify that a place is "hot as an oven" (L. calida > hot, fornax > oven).

2. Another possible source may be kali forno, an indigenous phrase meaning "high mountains". There is no agreement among scholars.
    All of these actually have some merit because they relate to the actual indigenous peoples/history of exploration etc.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jokes apart,

http://www.themodernreligion.com/con..._namuslims.htm

Native American Muslims
    The Message, July 1996
    My name is Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El and I am a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. I am known as Eagle Sun Walker. I serve as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City.
    There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people.

For most Muslims and non-Muslims of today, this type of information is unknown and has never been mentioned in any of the history books. There are many documents, treaties, legislation and resolutions that were passed between 1600s and 1800s that show that Muslims were in fact here and were very active in the comunities in which they lived. Treaties such as Peace and Friendship that was signed on the Delaware River in the year 1787 bear the signatures of Abdel-Khak and Muhammad Ibn Abdullah. This treaty detailes our continued right to exist as a community in the areas of commerce, maritime shipping, current form of government at that time which was in accordance with Islam. According to a federal court case from the Continental Congress, we help put the breath of life in to the newly framed constitution. All of the documents are presently in the National Archives as well as the Library of Congress.

If you have access to records in the state of South Carolina, read the Moors Sundry Act of 1790. In a future article, Inshallah, I will go in to more details about the various tribes, their languages; in which some are influenced by Arabic, Persian, Hebrew words. Almost all of the tribes vocabulary include the word Allah. The traditional dress code for Indian women includes the kimah and long dresses. For men, standard fare is turbans and long tops that come down to the knees. If you were to look at any of the old books on Cherokee clothing up until the time of 1832, you will see the men wearing turbans and the women wearing long head coverings. The last Cherokee chief who had a Muslim name was Ramadhan Ibn Wati of the Cherokees in 1866.

Cities across the United States and Canada bear names that are of Indian and Islamic derivation. Have you ever wondered what the name Tallahassee means? It means that He Allah will deliver you sometime in the future.

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Malé, Maldives
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very interesting.