Wisden Cricket Monthly

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    'Pakistan played key role in Sri Lanka's victory over Tamil Tigers'

    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/pa...igers/467482/1

    London:

    Pakistani supplied Al-Khalid - the main battle tank, its fighter pilots flying air strike mission on LTTE bases and positioning of some of its highly trained army officers in Colombo played a key role in the Sri Lankan forces rout of Tamil Tigers, Pakistani media has claimed.

    "It was the Pakistani defence cooperation with Sri Lanka as the largest suppliers of high-tech military equipment that played a major role in the ultimate defeat of the LTTE at the hands of the Sri Lankan army," The News daily quoted well placed sources in the Pakistani establishment as saying.

    The newspaper said the defence cooperation between Sri Lanka and Pakistan had grown significantly in recent years as Islamabad, unlike New Delhi, had no problems supplying the state-of-the-art weaponry to Lankan army to accelerate its counter-insurgency operations against the LTTE which finally ended with the killing of Tiger chief Vellupillai Prabhakaran.

    The report said that Sri Lankan army was running short of ammunition but tied up supplies of 60mm, 81mm, 120mm and 130mm mortars and 150,000 grenades every ten days during its crucial battle to overrun the Tigers' political capital Kilinochchi.

    According to the report, Pakistan supplied weapons and ammunition worth USD 190 million for the past one year and the Colombo's shopping list supplied by its army chief Sarath Fonseka included 22 Al-Khalid main battle tanks and other high tech arms.

    As part of the cooperation, Pakistan Air Force pilots had participated in several successful air strikes against several military bases of the LTTE in August 2008, the report said.

    Islamabad had positioned a highly trained group of Pakistani armed officers in Colombo to guide the Sri Lankan security forces in their operations against the LTTE. This was quite contrary to the LTTE propaganda that India was helping the Sri Lankan Government.

    It was exactly a year ago, in the first week of May 2008 that Sri Lankan Army Chief Fonseka visited Pakistan and held detailed talks with his Pakistani counterpart Chief of Army Staff General Asfaq Parvez Kayani to finalise arms purchase.

    This meeting was followed by a dialogue between Pakistani Defence Secretary Lt Gen (R) Syed Athar Ali and his visiting Lankan counterpart Gotabhaya Rajapakse in Rawalpindi on January 19, 2009.

    During the meeting, the two countries had agreed to enhance cooperation in military training, exercises and intelligence sharing regarding terrorism, the report said.

    In fact, Fonseka has gone on record to say in an interview to an Indian TV channel that his country turned to China and Pakistan for military purchases only after New Delhi refused to supply weapons to it.
    ________________________


    PAK definitely has better relations with lanka then india does and no dough they supported LTTE.
    Last edited by T20; 29th May 2009 at 04:52.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Zindabad

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    21,513
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka denies Pakistani pilots flew its planes
    Updated at: 0915 PST, Friday, May 29, 2009
    COLOMBO: The Commander of the Sri Lankan Air Force (SLAF), Air Chief Marshal Roshan Goonetilleke, has said that the bombing missions in the just concluded war against the Tamil Tiger rebels were carried out by Sri Lankan and not foreign pilots.

    This remark in the Sinhalese language programme ‘Thulawa’ of the state-owned ITN TV is significant in the context of rumours persistently spread by the Tamil Tigers that the Sri Lankan air force was bombing accurately this time only because its planes were flown by Pakistan Air Force pilots.

    Air Marshal Goonetilleke said that the SLAF had attacked 1,900 LTTE hideouts and meeting points, and destroyed 52 large Sea Tiger vessels and several Sea Tiger hideouts in the just concluded Eelam War IV.

    The commander clarified that the battle against the LTTE fought by Sri Lankan, and not foreign pilots, countering the LTTE propaganda that Pakistani pilots were doing the sorties as the bombing was remarkably accurate.


    Grandpa Zindabad!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,600
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T20
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/pa...igers/467482/1



    PAK definitely has better relations with lanka then india does and no dough they supported LTTE.
    Actually what killed LTTE was that India did NOT support it. Its neutrality destroyed LTTE completely. Do you think Lanka couldnt have launched an all out attack years earlier and eliminated LTTE? India's support kept them from doing so

    The biggest mistake LTTE ever made was killing Rajiv and that was the beginning of the end. Top LTTE leaders have admitted the same thing

    http://www.lankamission.org/content/view/2187/49/

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Lala Land - Intelligence HQ
    Runs
    1,540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak
    The commander clarified that the battle against the LTTE fought by Sri Lankan, and not foreign pilots, countering the LTTE propaganda that Pakistani pilots were doing the sorties as the bombing was remarkably accurate.
    Ha ha just because they were accurate doesn't mean that it was PAF.

    If anyone wanna know about the accuracy of PAF srikes and he should go and ask Russian veterans of Afghan war.

    Almost all the Russian bases in Afghanistan were vaporized by PAF in 5 days.


    "Cricket is not cricket without Shahid Afridi." - Michael A. Holding

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Doha, Qatar
    Runs
    2,890
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAF is rubbish. They haven't been able to eliminate a few thousand militants in the mountains. Nor have they been able to take out a single high profile terrorist within its own borders. Let's not get started on this.

    If Pakistani weapons were used in SL, then they were used to kill thousands and thousands of innocent Tamil civilians. Making business out of weaponry is prohibited in Islam from what I know. So nothing to be proud of here.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiji
    PAF is rubbish. They haven't been able to eliminate a few thousand militants in the mountains. Nor have they been able to take out a single high profile terrorist within its own borders. Let's not get started on this.

    If Pakistani weapons were used in SL, then they were used to kill thousands and thousands of innocent Tamil civilians. Making business out of weaponry is prohibited in Islam from what I know. So nothing to be proud of here.

    then who is good? certainly not america who is struggling to kill cave men for the last 8 years

    and pakistan only supported sri lanka wipe out tamil tigers as they were supported by india and india was trying its best to take over the island, otherwise pak would have never supported them, plus they gave sri lankans free military training, they didnt make a business out of it a saved a nation from being taken over by a super power wannabe.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaftak
    Sri Lanka denies Pakistani pilots flew its planes
    Updated at: 0915 PST, Friday, May 29, 2009
    COLOMBO: The Commander of the Sri Lankan Air Force (SLAF), Air Chief Marshal Roshan Goonetilleke, has said that the bombing missions in the just concluded war against the Tamil Tiger rebels were carried out by Sri Lankan and not foreign pilots.

    This remark in the Sinhalese language programme ‘Thulawa’ of the state-owned ITN TV is significant in the context of rumours persistently spread by the Tamil Tigers that the Sri Lankan air force was bombing accurately this time only because its planes were flown by Pakistan Air Force pilots.

    Air Marshal Goonetilleke said that the SLAF had attacked 1,900 LTTE hideouts and meeting points, and destroyed 52 large Sea Tiger vessels and several Sea Tiger hideouts in the just concluded Eelam War IV.

    The commander clarified that the battle against the LTTE fought by Sri Lankan, and not foreign pilots, countering the LTTE propaganda that Pakistani pilots were doing the sorties as the bombing was remarkably accurate.
    good job copy pasting a obsurd articale. people like you are disgrace to the nation if you are even concidered a pakistani citizens.
    go and google pak lanka military relations educate yourself..
    as for lanka rejecting outside help, lol thats just laughable their army generals want to take all credits.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    79
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiji
    PAF is rubbish. They haven't been able to eliminate a few thousand militants in the mountains. Nor have they been able to take out a single high profile terrorist within its own borders. Let's not get started on this.

    If Pakistani weapons were used in SL, then they were used to kill thousands and thousands of innocent Tamil civilians. Making business out of weaponry is prohibited in Islam from what I know. So nothing to be proud of here.
    this coming from a guy whos AF is a world known flying coffins. lol



    Pathankot Strike
    8 F-86Fs of No 19 Squadron led by Squadron Leader Sajjad Haider struck Pathankot airfield. With carefully positioned dives and selecting each individual aircraft in their protected pens for their strafing attacks, the strike elements completed a textbook operation against Pathankot. Wing Commander M G Tawab, flying one of the two Sabres as tied escorts overhead, counted 14 wrecks burning on the airfield. Among the aircraft destroyed on the ground were nearly all of the IAFs Soviet-supplied Mig-21s till then received, none of which were seen again during the War.



    if we can do that in the past trust me we are now more capable to do that again.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Runs
    21,513
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn T20 u do like to attack fellow posters. I just posted a story that came in "the news" and provided other side to it. I don't think that makes me a bad pakistani. I think two months ago i posted a story about Pakistan providing shipload of ammunition to sri lanka.


    Grandpa Zindabad!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •