Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Xabi Alonso - A Big Loss for Liverpool?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its a Huge Loss

9 64.29%
  • Not a big deal

3 21.43%
  • Other - Please specify

2 14.29%
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Xabi Alonso - A Big Loss for Liverpool?

Well the ongoing saga of Alonso's transfer looks as if it will be resolved very son with the Spaniard joining Real Madrid.

Do you think its a big loss for Liverpool?

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a massive loss!

His midfield went that close to wiining the EPL.

That took 5 years planning - wont be able to replace that!

Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Waterloo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a loss, no doubt about it! A midfield duo of Mascherano-Lucas looks quite ordinary compared to Mascherano-Alonso. And, I am not sure if it sends the right message to other Liverpool players. Mascherano isn't sitting too comfortably with Barcelona sniffing around. Imagine if Liverpool lose him! Now, that would be sweet

But I don't think he's irreplaceable like say Ronaldo or Messi.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even without him i still think they have a sturdy midfield ... hopefully they will use that money well.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    a loss, but not a massive one IMO...Pool really should use this money properly...get a supprot striker for Torres ASAP

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Zulfiqar
    a loss, but not a massive one IMO...Pool really should use this money properly...get a supprot striker for Torres ASAP
    I think it'll be servicing a 350 million debt!!!

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    hmm yea, most probably...all of these clubs have such huge debts, it's astonishing

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm yea, most probably...all of these clubs have such huge debts, it's astonishing
    Unless Arab Moneybags Sheikh steps in NOW, Portsmouth will be out of business!

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    that's terrible...even the smallish clubs are getting themselves into trouble...have they learnt nothing from Leeds Utd.?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I think its a huge loss, but fixable. Masco can win a ball but Alonso was the passer. Oh well, just a hole for Rooney to run through now

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Aquilani is being lined up as a replacement. Now Alberto is a good player, but it'll take him some time to adapt to the PL. That's time that Liverpoo don't have if they want to win the league.

And, as Oxy mentioned, it wouldn't surprise me if the cash is used to service some debt.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted its a huge loss BUT thats only if they dont replace him - he is a quality player and was brilliant last season, not many players like him around so it wont be easy to get a direct replacement

BUT there are plenty of quality players about - and 30 Million will be enough to go and get a decent player BUT who knows what they will do with the money. If its going to be used to service debt then they can forget their title challenge

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Huge loss as he was pretty much Liverpools best player in Midfield last season. I wish Wenger had coughed up the 18 Million he was up for last season and bought him.

He will do well at Real!

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Does it matter?
    They will probably finish 3rd anyway since Chelsea are the only ones likely to challenge United. Even if Alonso had stayed, they were still looking at finishing 3rd.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge loss because he is world class.. However we have signed Aquilani who is potentially better than Xabi in all areas apart from longpassing and fitness. If he adapts, keeps fits and lives up to the hype we could improve further.. As for finishing 3rd.. Allah knows best but if we look logically our direct opponents last seasons have lost a player who scored 65 + goals in the last 2 seasons and Tevez who scored at vital times in both seasons and replaced them by a winger who scored 7 in 2 seasons if im not mistaken and a striker who was part of a relegated team.. Chelsea have strengthened but if Ancelloti plays the Milan way the signing would be pretty useless as he is winger..

Shahid Afridi :- the glue which binds Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlfc
    Huge loss because he is world class.. However we have signed Aquilani who is potentially better than Xabi in all areas apart from longpassing and fitness. If he adapts, keeps fits and lives up to the hype we could improve further.. As for finishing 3rd.. Allah knows best but if we look logically our direct opponents last seasons have lost a player who scored 65 + goals in the last 2 seasons and Tevez who scored at vital times in both seasons and replaced them by a winger who scored 7 in 2 seasons if im not mistaken and a striker who was part of a relegated team.. Chelsea have strengthened but if Ancelloti plays the Milan way the signing would be pretty useless as he is winger..
    If you look at it logically, yes, your best starting XI is as good as anyone's.
    However, the reason LFC did'nt win it last year, and are unlikely to win it this year is because there is no depth in the squad.
    Every team suffers injuries (-United have 7 out injured right now), suspensions and players out-of-form. United's and Chelsea's squad's are far better equipped to cope than Livepool's when this happens.
    That's why, this season, Liverpool are unlikely to become Champions for the 1st time since the Premiership started 17 years ago.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hell No...Aqui will never be as good as Xabi...in fact they are nothing like each other

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell No...Aqui will never be as good as Xabi...in fact they are nothing like each other
    yeah theyre not similar but Aquilani is more mobile and plays higher up the pitch than Xabi.. Obviously Xabi is now world class but who is to say Aquilani cannot be..

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    well you can't definitely say that about anoy of these guys, but Aqui has never overly impressed me, unlike De Rossi...now there is the player should have bought if they wanted to replace Xabi

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you can't definitely say that about anoy of these guys, but Aqui has never overly impressed me, unlike De Rossi...now there is the player should have bought if they wanted to replace Xabi
    we already have a player to play the Defensive midfielder role.. De Rossi is good granted but he is not a replacement for Xabi by any stretch..

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    and neither is Aquilani, but Liverfool still bought him!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and neither is Aquilani, but Liverfool still bought him!
    Aquilani is more offensive and different to Xabi.. Rafa wanted to sell Xabi last year and tweak the system but as luck would have it Juve couldnt afford him at 18m and we kept him for another which turned out to be his 2nd best for us.. Aquilani is definitely more mobile than him and will play further ahead than Xabi did..

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    the same way y'all couldn't afford Gareth Barry last year, innit?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the same way y'all couldn't afford Gareth Barry last year, innit?
    yeah we couldnt...however I think Juve made a big mistake but then again Ranieiri was in charge.. However I think Xabi going to Juve would have been a bad move for him personally.. I think he should only have left for AC Milan or Real Madrid after leaving Liverpool as they are the only teams who have won more European cups.. Its good for him that he went to Real Madrid

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin
    Does it matter?
    They will probably finish 3rd anyway since Chelsea are the only ones likely to challenge United. Even if Alonso had stayed, they were still looking at finishing 3rd.
    is that why liverpool done the double over both of those teams, my prediction:

1.Liverpool
    2.Man u
    3.Chelsea
    4.Man city/Arsenal/Aston Villa

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    yeah we couldnt...however I think Juve made a big mistake but then again Ranieiri was in charge.. However I think Xabi going to Juve would have been a bad move for him personally.. I think he should only have left for AC Milan or Real Madrid after leaving Liverpool as they are the only teams who have won more European cups.. Its good for him that he went to Real Madrid
    Juve and Real Madrid are the 2 most successful clubs in world football, mate...you need to brush up on your history a little bit...the fact was that Liverfool got greedy, and Juve had had enough and looked elsewhere...if he had come to Juve, I've no doubt he would have been spectacular for us, especially if he was partnered with Momo Sissoko

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great player to have, but if replaced then no big loss, its Gerrard and Torres that can make liverpool worry!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juve and Real Madrid are the 2 most successful clubs in world football, mate...you need to brush up on your history a little bit...the fact was that Liverfool got greedy, and Juve had had enough and looked elsewhere...if he had come to Juve, I've no doubt he would have been spectacular for us, especially if he was partnered with Momo Sissoko
    lol.. Juve are a disgraced team who got relegated due to paying off refs and a lot of their titles are tainted, even those which werent stripped off as who knows how long it has been going on.. As for Italy, Milan are the biggest because of 7 European Cups and Juve are not even close.. Juve are not even close to a threat in Europe.. A player who could not get a game for Liverpool is their first choice and according to some juve fans world class now.. Anyway we got 30 plus 4 m which is awesome and almost double as to what Juve was thinking of paying.. As I said Im glad for Xabi that he has gone to the biggest club in the world and not to a Juve or of their ilks.. Teams which are good and have good domestic history but arent really at the top table.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I think he should only have left for AC Milan or Real Madrid after leaving Liverpool as they are the only teams who have won more European cups.. Its good for him that he went to Real Madrid
    Lol what rubbish. Trust a scouser to come up with a gem like that. Now that your precious 18 doesn't mean so much anymore, so its all about the European cups. Your a real hoot

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    lol.. Juve are a disgraced team who got relegated due to paying off refs and a lot of their titles are tainted, even those which werent stripped off as who knows how long it has been going on.. As for Italy, Milan are the biggest because of 7 European Cups and Juve are not even close.. Juve are not even close to a threat in Europe.. A player who could not get a game for Liverpool is their first choice and according to some juve fans world class now.. Anyway we got 30 plus 4 m which is awesome and almost double as to what Juve was thinking of paying.. As I said Im glad for Xabi that he has gone to the biggest club in the world and not to a Juve or of their ilks.. Teams which are good and have good domestic history but arent really at the top table.
    those allegations are getting refuted on a daily basis, more and more trials are taking place and the verdicts are favouring Juve...as for aren't in the table? Juve have more of a pedigree in the Champions League than your beloved Liverfool...29 league titles, 9 Italian Cups as well as UEFA CUP, Intercontinental CUP and 2 European Cups answers that question very clearly...when was the last time Liverpool won the its domestic league?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir
    Lol what rubbish. Trust a scouser to come up with a gem like that. Now that your precious 18 doesn't mean so much anymore, so its all about the European cups. Your a real hoot
    you dont know what youre talking about.. European Cup is the biggest trophy.. I would rather win a European Cup than a domestic title anyday of the week and this has been the case forever.. It is only Real Madrid , Milan, Bayern, Ajax and Liverpool fans who really know what domination in Europe really is and yeah its still 18-5 baby..

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those allegations are getting refuted on a daily basis, more and more trials are taking place and the verdicts are favouring Juve...as for aren't in the table? Juve have more of a pedigree in the Champions League than your beloved Liverfool...29 league titles, 9 Italian Cups as well as UEFA CUP, Intercontinental CUP and 2 European Cups answers that question very clearly...when was the last time Liverpool won the its domestic league?
    haha youre having a giraffe.. Juves pedigree is choking in the finals and as the late great Bill Shankly said first is first second is nothing.. we have won more in Europe than Juve can ever dream off.. more of a pedigree in Europe..

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what your having a giraffe means, perhaps you could explain it to me...so where was your pedigree in Europe when the CL came into existence? didn't see any of it in the 90s at all...a time where we got to 3 Finals in row...and guess who Juve beat in the 1985 Final? lemme give you a hint:

starts with L, and ends with FOOL

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    you dont know what youre talking about.. European Cup is the biggest trophy..
    Its not the only trophy. Plus my team has won it twice (before you go the its not your team route, let me help you. Done? great, now focus on the points). Plus we are one of the few teams to win it twice under the new and prolonged (which I would say more difficult).

If we followed the old format where you won 4 of your European titles...you wouldn't have been playing in CL at all for the past 18 seasons (thus putting more emphasis on winning your domestic title, rather than ranting and raving how great you are at number 3).

I would rather win a European Cup than a domestic title anyday of the week and this has been the case forever..
    That has been the case until now. Just what will your reaction be once United catch up? You will be running out of cups to call useless.

It is only Real Madrid , Milan, Bayern, Ajax and Liverpool fans who really know what domination in Europe really is and yeah its still 18-5 baby..
    Yes because living in the past is so healthy (BTW, in the recent past...Man Utd, Barca, Real, Milan have won it twice in the longer and harder format. If the format didn't change, Liverpool wouldn't even be in the CL and then you wouldn't see the domestic title as so useless).

I agree with the starts with L and ends with Fool comment above. If there was a award for most bias fans or most blinded by love fans...its surely the red side of Mereyside.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    late great Bill Shankly said first is first second is nothing.
    Funny you bring this up, yet, whenever you bring up Shankly quote in terms of Liverpools finish last season....many scousers quick to brash the "we had you lot running. First time we done it. You were sweating. You never had us running in our glory years," excuses.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you bring this up, yet, whenever you bring up Shankly quote in terms of Liverpools finish last season....many scousers quick to brash the "we had you lot running. First time we done it. You were sweating. You never had us running in our glory years," excuses.
    which scousers do you really meet.. I mean you have never been to Liverpool and scousers arent really like Pakistanis that they settle everywhere..Oh and Im yet to meet a matchgoing fan who has said last season was a success..

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what your having a giraffe means, perhaps you could explain it to me...so where was your pedigree in Europe when the CL came into existence? didn't see any of it in the 90s at all...a time where we got to 3 Finals in row...and guess who Juve beat in the 1985 Final? lemme give you a hint:

starts with L, and ends with FOOL
    reaching the finals and losing it means nowt.. you dont get trophies handed for runnersup.. Juve won 2 European cups of which the first one was won by penalty about 3 feet outside the box on a foul on Boniek..I bet you did not know that.. Nothing much was made up due to the bigger problems of the pitch.. That penalty would never have been awarded in normal circumstances.. The fact of the matter is AC Milans team was the best Italian team in Europe and one of the best ever... Some clubs have it in their DNA to win the European Cup and Juve are perennially in their shadow

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    That penalty would never have been awarded in normal circumstances
    Kinda like the one Liverpool got in 05....

Debut
    Aug 2004
    Venue
    Louvain-la-Neuve
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand Liverpool but I don't think it's necessary to bring up the 1985 final as a game given the circumstances in which it was played.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir 236
    I can't stand Liverpool but I don't think it's necessary to bring up the 1985 final as a game given the circumstances in which it was played.
    Of all fans to respect that, you would think Liverpool fans would be at the top of the list considering all that has happened to them.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    reaching the finals and losing it means nowt.. you dont get trophies handed for runnersup.. Juve won 2 European cups of which the first one was won by penalty about 3 feet outside the box on a foul on Boniek..I bet you did not know that.. Nothing much was made up due to the bigger problems of the pitch.. That penalty would never have been awarded in normal circumstances.. The fact of the matter is AC Milans team was the best Italian team in Europe and one of the best ever... Some clubs have it in their DNA to win the European Cup and Juve are perennially in their shadow
    for something who thinks reaching the final and not winning it means nothing, you seem to have an awful lot of angst, and a pretty good memory of it

the fact of the matter is that Meelan is crap and will remain crap...they were gonna go bust if Berlusconi hadn't saved them and considering their current financial situation, this season is going to be another long haul for them...Juve perennially in their shadow? what a joke...for anyone who even had an inkling of Italian football, well then they would know that Juve is the dominant Italian team, has the most fans in Italy and around the world

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    this season is going to be another long haul for them...Juve perennially in their shadow?
    In fairness, he is a fan of a team whose rivals have won 11 of the past 17 titles so he is a bit engulfed in the whole history bit Why live in the present when you can live in the past? Just feels like yesterday to me that Rameez took that catch

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ^^ hehe exactly...what else can you do but reminisce when you're team ain't winning sh*t, eh?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ hehe exactly...what else can you do but reminisce when you're team ain't winning sh*t, eh?
    i was wondering whether juve got dumped in serie B with most players who could go elsewhere leaving and succeeding without the black mark of matchfixing or was it a figment of my imagination

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    it was a figment of everyone's imagination apparently...like I said earlier, more evidence is coming to light that the charges were **...and as for your beloved Meelan, they were also implicated and even forced to start the following season in the red because of their involvement

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive loss but you cant keep a player who doesnt want to be there.

British by paper, Pak by nature!

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel_1990
    is that why liverpool done the double over both of those teams, my prediction:

1.Liverpool
    2.Man u
    3.Chelsea
    4.Man city/Arsenal/Aston Villa
    So if despite doing the double on both of them did'nt bring them the title last season, how come you are able to predict them winning it this season?

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi was good in the last year or so.. before that less consistently..plus the benefit of the profit on sales would make Rafa feel better...even though he aint allowed to spend it!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SameerM
    Xavi was good in the last year or so.. before that less consistently..plus the benefit of the profit on sales would make Rafa feel better...even though he aint allowed to spend it!
    Even though he already did spend it. I know you fans try to find excuses and make it seem like Rafa gets no support, but he actually does considering how many people he ships in and out of Anfield. Truth is, Aqualini is on his head cause there is no more Parry.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though he already did spend it. I know you fans try to find excuses and make it seem like Rafa gets no support, but he actually does considering how many people he ships in and out of Anfield. Truth is, Aqualini is on his head cause there is no more Parry.
    when did he spend it.. please do let me know..

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Glen Johnson?
    Alberto Aquilani?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glen Johnson?
    Alberto Aquilani?
    obviously mathematics was a weak point at school... must improve

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    really...Glen Johnson was what, 18M Pounds? and Aquilani, 20M? seems like you've blown the Xabi money, haven't ya?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    when did he spend it.. please do let me know..
    Surely no one is this stupid or blind in support...surely?

Xabi Alonso was sold for 30 million, according to Sameer this is going to debt....yet must be a pretty p!ss poor plan considering 20 of that went to Aqualiani purchase.

Glen Johnson was before Xabi's sale so I don't figure him into the whole "probably went to debt" comment by Sameer, however, that was 18 million spent....on a right back. This too, before Arbolea was sold. To say he don't get support is as stupid as they come.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely no one is this stupid or blind in support...surely?

Xabi Alonso was sold for 30 million, according to Sameer this is going to debt....yet must be a pretty p!ss poor plan considering 20 of that went to Aqualiani purchase.

Glen Johnson was before Xabi's sale so I don't figure him into the whole "probably went to debt" comment by Sameer, however, that was 18 million spent....on a right back. This too, before Arbolea was sold. To say he don't get support is as stupid as they come.
    obviously you are another mentally challenged person.. We have sold Alonso, Arbeloa,Leto,Anderson, Hobbs, Hammill for a combined total of 44m quid and brought in Aquilani and Johnson for 38.. so if maths was not really a week point than it is a profit of 6m in this window plus 12m brought in net in the last so a total of 18 m in the last 2 windows have brought in but a voyeur like you probably cannot grasp basic arithmetic

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    so you sold 6 players, only to replace them with 2? brilliant squad replenishment! I guess you won't be signing more players to replace at least 2 of those lads then

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Waterloo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously you are another mentally challenged person.. We have sold Alonso, Arbeloa,Leto,Anderson, Hobbs, Hammill for a combined total of 44m quid and brought in Aquilani and Johnson for 38.. so if maths was not really a week point than it is a profit of 6m in this window plus 12m brought in net in the last so a total of 18 m in the last 2 windows have brought in but a voyeur like you probably cannot grasp basic arithmetic
    Alonso - 30M
    Arbeloa - 3.5M
    Leto - 1.5M
    Hamill - 1M
    Anderson - 0.25M
    Hobbs - Undisclosed

Now going by your figure of 44M quid, I would love to know which lunatic would pay 7.75M for Hobbs.

Have some sensibility before strutting about labeling people "mentally challenged".

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leto was 1.3 Million actually so someone paid 7.95 Million for Hobbs actually