Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    To all those cricket fans who understand American Footabl ... How does this Win (or the loss) compare with anything in Cricket ? Just curious.
    It's like giving up 400 runs in the first innings, being bowled out for 50 in the second innings, shutting down one of the world's best batting lineups in the 3rd innings and bowling them out for 50, and then scoring 401 on the final day.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GC,

Looks like we had a killer draft, honestly speaking in my 3 decades of watching Eagles football, I cant remember a time when I have been this excited or optimistic in regards to a draft..

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    GC,

Looks like we had a killer draft, honestly speaking in my 3 decades of watching Eagles football, I cant remember a time when I have been this excited or optimistic in regards to a draft..
    Very solid draft picks, really like the second rounder.

Speaking of the draft, I attended Friday night and it was amazing. Atmosphere was great and the crowd was excellent.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anybody be interested in a NFL fantasy draft league here? will need 10-12 people.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I want to see if Lamar has learned to throw better in summer camp. If things go well, ravens will have revolutionized how offense works in NFL

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The Oakland Raiders have released wide receiver Antonio Brown just two days before the team's NFL season opener.

Brown, 31, was fined on Friday after a confrontation with Raiders general manager Mike Mayock but was expected to face the Denver Broncos on Monday.

The news came just hours after Brown posted a message on Instagram that ended: "Release me @raiders."

Brown became one of the NFL's highest-paid wide receivers when he joined Oakland from Pittsburgh in March.

He arrived from the Steelers on a three-year deal worth more than $50m (41m) per season.

However, Brown has reportedly not received any money from the Raiders so far.

The team confirmed Brown's departure in a one-line statement on their official website.

Brown is not subject to waivers and can now sign for any team as a free agent.

"We are focused on the future and I will immediately work on signing him to a new team," Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus told NFL.com.

"Antonio is looking forward to a new beginning."

Brown's release comes at the end of dramatic period for the player.

Since arriving at the Raiders, he has missed time because of frostbite-like injuries to his feet caused by entering a cryotherapy chamber without wearing proper footwear.

He then sat out a further period of the off-season during a dispute with the NFL over his helmet.

The altercation between Brown and Mayock ended with the pair having to be physically separated, according to reports, and led to Brown making an apology at a team meeting on Friday morning.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/49622264

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Patrick Mahomes throws for 443 yards and four touchdowns as Kansas City Chiefs win 28-10 at Oakland Raiders
    Chicago Bears beat Denver Broncos in last second, Los Angeles Rams win NFC Championship rematch with New Orleans Saints
    Antonio Brown scores on New England debut as Patriots rout Miami Dolphins 43-0
    Green Bay Packers hold off Minnesota Vikings in tense match, Seattle Seahawks edge Pittsburgh Steelers
    49ers, Ravens, Cowboys & Bills also 2-0 after Sunday's early games

Highlights of Sunday's games.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lamar Jackson is looking real solid

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    New England Patriots have released wide receiver Antonio Brown after playing just one game for the franchise.

Brown, 31, signed a one-year deal with the Patriots on 7 September worth a reported 12.2m ($15m) including a 7.3m ($9m) signing bonus.

He scored a touchdown in his only appearance for the Patriots against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

"We feel that it is best to move in a different direction at this time," read a Patriots statement.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/49777151

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    Lamar Jackson is looking real solid
    He could be special. Big game coming up against KC this Sunday. It was a great game the last time these two teams met.
    Having said that, Lamar's QB development is offset by a relatively young defense squad - they lost some real experience last year. Time for Earl Thomas to earn his paycheck.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Bears face Raiders in first NFL game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (18:00 BST)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just happen to catch the second half of Denver vs la chargers and what a game indeed Denver finally get their first win of the season winning by a score of 20-10. It's also Denver Broncos 500th win in franchise history

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quarterback Derek Carr said that the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is "possibly the best he's played in" after leading the Oakland Raiders to a thrilling win in the venue's first NFL game.

The Raiders led 17-0 at half-time before the Chicago Bears fought back with 21 unanswered points.

But a touchdown with under two minutes left saw Oakland win 24-21 in front of the arena's new record crowd of 60,463.

"Everything about it is first class, the detail's in every room," said Carr.

"This is one of the best stadiums I've ever played in in my life - if not the best."

Relive the action as Tottenham stages first NFL game
    Sunday's game was over four years in the making, with the NFL announcing in July 2015 that they would stage a minimum of two games a season at Tottenham's new dual-purpose stadium over 10 years.

The first NFL game to take place at the 62,062-seater arena was scheduled for 2018 but it was put back because of delays in the completion of the 1bn venue, which ultimately opened this April.

Just five days after playing in Spurs' Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich, England striker Harry Kane was not only in attendance but took to the field to oversee the pre-game coin toss.

"I'm a soccer fan and it's cool to me that I got to talk to Harry Kane before the game," Carr added. "I told him I'm a huge fan and he said the same, and I'm like, 'How do you even know who we are?' I told him, 'I play as you on Fifa'."

But it was not the same turf Kane appeared on in midweek. The stadium had since been transformed, with the grass football pitch retracted beneath the south stand on enormous trays to reveal an NFL-ready surface below.

England cricketer Jonny Bairstow was also among the record attendance, which saw a scoreless first quarter before Josh Jacobs and DeAndre Washington ran in touchdowns against the Bears' vaunted defence, with Daniel Carson adding a field goal.

Yet the game turned at the start of the third quarter as a careless toss from Carr missed Jacobs in the backfield and ex-Raider Khalil Mack pounced on the loose ball before David Montgomery ran in a touchdown.

That brought the largely Bears-supporting crowd to life and within 12 minutes Chicago were in front for the first time, Allen Robinson catching for two touchdowns.

But in a tense finale, the like of which has not been seen in recent London games, the Raiders claimed a game-winning touchdown after Carr orchestrated a fine 97-yard drive.

One of the 13 plays was a fake punt on fourth down to keep the drive alive, before Foster Moreau made two catches to set up the position for Jacobs to leap into the end zone from two yards.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/49954966

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colts pulled off a great win yesturday Agaisnt Kansas City yesturday

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  24.7 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr has criticised a "ridiculous" NFL fine after it was ruled his "pants failed to cover the knee area" during a game.

The 26-year-old has been fined $14,037 (10,848) for the "uniform violation" in Cleveland's 32-28 defeat by the Seattle Seahawks on 13 October.

NFL rules state "pants must be worn over the entire knee area".

"14k for some pants that are not gonna protect me from anything," he said.

He posted a letter received from the NFL on his Instagram story, adding: "This [...] is ridiculous."

The NFL says uniform rules help to "protect players from injury, maintain competitive balance, create a professional appearance and protect the league's business partnerships".

Pants "shortened or rolled up to meet the stockings above the knee" are prohibited.

Beckham Jr can appeal against the fine - the 13th of his career.

He was fined the same amount earlier in October for his "unsportsmanlike conduct" in an on-field fight with Baltimore Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey.

In 2016, he was fined $18,231 (14,089) for a uniform violation.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/50136117

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ravens had a massive game against the Seahawks making them clear contenders to finish top of their division. Lamar had a great game and the defense came back to life. Hoping they can provide some much needed competition to the patriots in two weeks. Basically the AFC is all Patriots.
    https://twitter.com/ravens/status/11...781967360?s=21

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Ravens had a massive game against the Seahawks making them clear contenders to finish top of their division. Lamar had a great game and the defense came back to life. Hoping they can provide some much needed competition to the patriots in two weeks. Basically the AFC is all Patriots.
    https://twitter.com/ravens/status/11...781967360?s=21
    I saw that game and it was amazing that game was all Lamar Jackson what a QB he is

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    I saw that game and it was amazing that game was all Lamar Jackson what a QB he is
    He is a genuine playmaker. I love what he brings to the games. Having said that he was really shutdown well in the play offs by the chargers last year. They massed their cornerbacks on the LOS and took away his running. Patriots defense this year is playing like Ravens defense of the past. You can be sure Belichick’s guys will go hard at him.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    He is a genuine playmaker. I love what he brings to the games. Having said that he was really shutdown well in the play offs by the chargers last year. They massed their cornerbacks on the LOS and took away his running. Patriots defense this year is playing like Ravens defense of the past. You can be sure Belichick’s guys will go hard at him.
    Yes ur absolutely correct brother but I just admire the way he plays the game

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    One of most anticipated games of the season. Patriots vs Ravens - I hope it lives up to the hype.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Myles Garrett: Cleveland Browns player hits Steelers' Mason Rudolph with helmet

Cleveland Browns player Myles Garrett is facing a lengthy ban for a "totally inexcusable" attack on Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph.

With eight seconds left Garrett, 23, wrestled Rudolph to the ground after he had released the ball, ripped off his helmet and swung it at his head.

A brawl erupted and defensive end Garrett was ejected from the game.

Pittsburgh's Maurkice Pouncey, who was also ejected, said Garrett "could have killed" Rudolph.

"What if he'd hit in him the temple?," said the Steelers centre.

"That is embarrassing, what I did was foolish," Garrett said. "I made a mistake, I lost my cool and that's on me. It's going to come back to hurt our team."

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield called his team-mate's behaviour "dangerous" and "totally inexcusable" while Rudolph called Garrett a "coward" and accused him of using the helmet as a "weapon".

"That's just endangering the other team. He's going to get suspended. We don't know how long and that hurts our team," added Mayfield.

Fox commentator Joe Buck, while covering the game, described the incident as "one of the worst things I've ever seen on a professional sports field".

The Browns beat Pittsburgh 21-7 for only their fourth win of the season - ending the Steelers' four-game winning streak.

The incident started when Garrett tackled Rudolph to the ground well after the quarterback had thrown the ball to running back Trey Edmunds.

Rudolph grabbed at Garrett's helmet. Garrett then did likewise and managed to rip off Rudolph's helmet before using it to strike the quarterback in the head.

Pittsburgh players were incensed, with Pouncey throwing a couple of punches at Garrett, before trying to kick him in the head after he was wrestled to the ground.

Pouncey and Larry Ogunjobi of the Browns will join Garrett in facing further NFL punishment after also being sent from the field.

"I've never seen that in my life," Cleveland coach Freddie Kitchens said. "I'm embarrassed, Myles is embarrassed. He understands what he did. He understands what he did is totally unacceptable."

Browns safety Damarious Randall had already been ejected in the third quarter for a helmet-to-helmet hit on wide receiver Diontae Johnson.

Pouncey told reporters afterward that Garrett should "absolutely" be suspended for the rest of the season.

"We'll see how serious the NFL is about their players," said Pouncey, who also said he didn't even remember what he did after Rudolph was hit.

Asked whether he faces a possible suspension, too, Pouncey replied, "At this point, who cares? My man got hit in the head with a helmet. I'll accept whatever penalty it is. At that point, it's bigger than football. It's protection."

The longest suspension for an on-field incident in NFL history is the five games that Albert Hanyesworth received in 2006 for stamping on another player's head.

Aside from the Garrett incident, Rudolph, 24, had a poor game as he completed just 23 of 44 passes for 221 yards with a touchdown and four interceptions as his team slipped to a 5-5 record.

The Steelers and Browns meet again on 1 December.

"A win's a win," Garrett added. "I don't think it's overshadowed by what happened in eight seconds."

The 23-year-old, the number one pick in the 2017 draft, has already been punished by the NFL this season.

He was fined $10,527 (9,000) for an excessive facemask penalty in week one against the Tennessee Titans and then was fined $42,112 a week later for a roughing-the-passer penalty that injured New York Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, ending his season.

Earlier this season, the Browns released safety Jermaine Whitehead after he sent threatening messages on social media to people who criticised him, which contained death threats and racial slurs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/50430293

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 NFL Season Megathread

#HereWeGo Steelers

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleveland Browns' Myles Garrett has lost his appeal against his indefinite ban from the NFL for hitting Mason Rudolph with the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback's own helmet.

Garrett hit Rudolph during the Browns' win over the Steelers last week.

The suspension - for at least the remainder of the season - was upheld by the NFL on Thursday.

He will not be paid during the ban and will only be reinstated with the approval of NFL officials.

With eight seconds left in the game, Garrett wrestled Rudolph to the ground after he had released the ball, ripped off his helmet and swung it at his head.

A brawl erupted and defensive end Garrett was ejected from the game.

Pittsburgh's Maurkice Pouncey, who was also ejected after the preceding scuffle, had his own ban reduced from three games to two.

Garrett said his actions at the end of his team's 21-7 victory were "selfish and unacceptable" in a statement last Friday.

"I made a terrible mistake," he added. "I want to apologise to Mason Rudolph, my team-mates, our entire organisation, our fans and to the NFL."

US media reported that during the appeal Garrett had accused Rudolph of using a racial slur immediately before the incident.

However the Steelers said in a statement that "Mason vehemently denies the report".

The NFL said there was no evidence Rudolph used racial a slur at Garrett.

Garrett, the number one draft pick in 2017, has previously been sanctioned by the NFL this season, picking up fines worth $52,639 (40,753), including a sanction for a roughing-the-passer penalty that ended New York Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian's season.
    Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/50511623.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If lived up to the hype, arguably the best game of the year coming up tomorrow between the two 2012 season SB teams 49ers & Ravens - WOW! It should be a cracker. Niners' defense Vs Lamar. It would probably be the best overall defense Lamar gets to see this season. Even though Ravens are favorites, I believe Niners would be a better prepared team after getting put to the real litmus test against Seattle 2 weeks ago. It might well be this season's SB preview.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free agent NFL wide receiver Terrelle Pryor has been arrested and is in stable condition after being stabbed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, overnight, CBS Sports reports. Pryor was stabbed in the shoulder and chest, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"Former NFL WR Terrelle Pryor underwent surgery this morning and is in critical condition after being stabbed last night at his Pittsburgh apartment in the shoulder and chest, per source," Schefter wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning. Pryor's agent says he was told the former Rose Bowl MVP is expected to make a full recovery, according to The Associated Press.

The stabbing occurred early Saturday morning at the Heinz Lofts apartment complex in the Troy Hill neighborhood, CBS Pittsburgh reports. Police arrested both Pryor and Shalaya Briston. Pryor is being charged with simple assault while Briston has been charged with criminal attempted homicide and aggravated assault. Briston "also received injuries" in the altercation, according to the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police.

According to criminal complaints filed with the Allegheny County District Attorney, Pryor was taken to the hospital by Briston and two unnamed witnesses. One witness described a "tussle" between Pryor and Briston, who the witness also said had been dating for about a year. The building manager of Heinz Loft Apartments also told police Pryor and Briston were living together, and both are on the lease for the same apartment.

It was unclear from witness accounts who stabbed Pryor, however, one complaint concludes, "Witness 2 said the only person tussling with [Pryor] when he was stabbed was Ms. Briston."

Police also noted that Briston had bruising on her nose.

Pryor is a native of Jeannette, Pennsylvania. After playing quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes, where he was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year in 2008, he was by the Oakland Raiders in the third round of the 2011 NFL Supplemental Draft. He played five seasons with the Raiders, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs and Cincinnati Bengals.

As a wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns in 2016, Pryor recorded 77 receptions for 1,007 yards and four touchdowns. He also holds the NFL record for the longest touchdown run by a quarterback (93 yards).

Pryor joined the Jacksonville Jaguars this offseason, but was released in September following a hamstring injury. He has not played in a regular season game since November 2018.
    Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/terrell...in-pittsburgh/.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a game it turned out to be as expected. we might see the two teams again soon and I hope they remain healthy for the rest of the season. The SB will be super spicy between these two teams.

Ravens in all likely hood will get thru. NFC is a tough conference. Niners though have as good of a chance to get there as Hawks, Saints, and Packers - 2 of the 4 teams might play in the conference final.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist